Is there any hope left for mmos? Every one that is currently popular is a mess of broken promises, usually...

Is there any hope left for mmos? Every one that is currently popular is a mess of broken promises, usually. Where did all the innovation go?

It's because of "muh balance"

Probably that and pandering to casuals. It's a shame, we'll never have comfy VR mmos.

Runescape was the only good MMO.

No, thank God. MMOs were a mistake.
That's not a game. That's a nightmare.

Unless someone manages to reinvent the wheel, I don't think so. WoW established the go-to formula and anything that deviates won't be accepted by normalfags, so those games will be relegated to under a million subs. See EvE.

I'd like to think that devs & publishers might start taking risks again soon considering this year so far. Granted there's not much to look forward to in the MMO space.

Autists would probably be easy to wrangle since they at least know their shit. The average mmo player has the IQ and social graces of a sub-saharan nigger.

Private servers.

When Blizzard poisoned the genre so thoroughly that no publisher dares investing in anything but a WoW clone.
The genre is dead.I doubt it can ever recover. Even if WoW would shut down tomorrow publishers would still be trying to copy the formula for years.

OSRS

why would you need innovation when you can just have a pay2win cash shop and retards will line up to give you their money?

wow it's just like the real thing

Same place that cat is in.

OSRS team is a bunch of good lads who dont deserve your hate

PSO2
Warframe
Vindictus
BDO
POE

You're welcome.

So it's actually worth playing? I have it downloaded and played a bit, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the time investment. Do we have an 8/v/ group?

LO

Of course, can't yo see all these WoW clones? The MMO industry is doing EXACTLY what you faggots want if previous MMO related threads are anything to go by.

You need to take off your bias goggles for muh [insert year] WoW and you'll see there's countless of alternatives for it.

Eve was great but the infinite resources and undegradable assets that need no maintenance resulted in a few old timers having a ridiculous advantage on any newcomers scaring them away from the game.

I personally believe that if we still have an internet remotely similar to this one (or preferably an older and less kiked one, but probably not) VR MMOs will still end up being a thing as it's pretty much one of the most theoretically interesting genres. There is potential beyond anything that's ever existed in even MMOs - and there were some dank fucking MMOs despite what the Holla Forums crowd that thinks $15 a month is either a lot of money or somehow a worse deal for shitloads of content and expacs that are bigger than most new standalone games than being viciously microjewed for next to nothing. VR MMOs just turn up the potential level even higher, and if it ever goes full .hack or Sword Art it's gonna be yuge.

I blame players. Casuals want easy streamlined fun and are willing to pay for it.
Hardcore players want muh freedoms and absolutely refuse to pay for anything.
I mean even EVE got some sort of f2p model, that speaks a lot.
So yeah, pic related faggots.