Is the reason why Red Orchestra 1 is dead is because Tripwire got butthurt that no one was liking RO2 for gameplay...

Is the reason why Red Orchestra 1 is dead is because Tripwire got butthurt that no one was liking RO2 for gameplay changes and a shitty launch which led them to kill all the servers with the only life being left in the game being 2 Darkest Hour ones.

It's also because the community, at least here, insisted on only playing the same 2-3 maps over and over, normally ones that were slaughterhouse shit shows for one side and a boring campfest for the other.

I'd blame it on RO1 being an 11 year old game but I'll never say no to a Shillwire hate thread.

RO1 was ahead of its time fuck shit wire niggers ruining everything

Does Holla Forums wanna assemble a Friday Night session on the original game and semi-related question is what are good WW2 games on the market now.

Yes. I've been hoping someone hosts a WW2 Friday night game.
The only good WW2 games I know of that are populated are Darkest Hour and DoD Source. Day of infamy is fucking garbage it tries to be like DoD but is shit, might as well play DoD. Days of war I think it's called is a kickstarter game and is incredibly shit. No one knows how to make good videogames anymore.
I played the fuck out of Darkest Hour and am tired of it, I wish Ro1 was still populated. Wish I could play Mare Nostrum, I never got to play that.

I'd set up a server if I knew how, I have second PC just laying around but I'm afraid my 25mbps download and 10mbps upload speed won't cut it.

Darkest hour's biggest flaws were the maps and the goddamned 29th that runs the only populated server. Fuck those guys are autistic.

What's wrong with the maps? The only flaw I can see is they're designed the same way for the same game mode push or whatever it's called. But yeah fuck those guys, can't even swear. Last time I played there was a second server that was fairly populated, sometimes had a full server, that was in February or March when I decided to uninstall. Got sick of that, played 200 hours of DoD source got sick of that and uninstalled it.

I'd fucking love to. It'd be great with enough anons together and is easy enough to pick up.

Autistic how? I'm guessing no fun faggots.

I remember they used to have the people who joined them run laps around the maps and do 'push-ups' by proning and crouching in place.

I've hosted Holla Forums servers for Killing Floor, Ace of Spades, and Minecraft on a 5mbps connection in the past without any issues. 10 is far above and beyond the requirements for such games.

Like Napoleonic Wars regiments, but more autistic.

RO1 died when the wild bunch and the other non ruski 50+ slot servers died.

29th would enter other servers and shit them up by insisting everyone played their way and rules. I still remember those guys who made them go in an autistic rage cause they decided to rp having a tea party while holding a destroyed church. That was fucking hilarious how long they held, only falling back cause they were out of muffins

DARKET HOUR STILL HAS A POPULATED SERVER AND ITS GODLIKE, GET IN THERE FAGGOTS!!!

I entirely missed out on that, some impressive commitment, I'll give them that.

I'm talking about the original RO1 or maybe Mare Nostrum because you play Darkest Hour without having to beg people to play with you. Also DoD Source is shit because less guns and on the Source engine.

Host it.

hey buddy wanna play dunkirk again for the millionth fucking time?

I think the Darkest Hour mod is still active. It had a huge update in Dec of last year.

It's still active but the same maps are constantly voted. What we need is a proper sequel to Red Orchestra. I think devs for Darkest hour are still making Festung Europa.

Shame Mare Nostrum died, it was actually probably the best of the mods. Especially the use of smoke in tank battles.

The devs who said they would revoke people's Killing Floor 2 access if they were transphobic in game chat? What a surprise they'd do petty things.

Partly, partly the demoralisation caused by 2 and frankly just age: there was only enough population for 1-2 full servers and even ~30 anons swapping to 2 instead of Ostfront would have been enough to kill it.

We could add it onto the current gamenight rotation. I'll host us a dedicated server.