Sometimes I kinda miss the simplicity of just tossing a buddy a controller and splitting the screen in half and having...

Sometimes I kinda miss the simplicity of just tossing a buddy a controller and splitting the screen in half and having a blast.

What's your favorite moments from the Bungie games? They weren't perfect, but they were at least a little refreshing with their take on how damage and health works. Never tried the multiplayer for any real time. Last I heard there's a few guys working on fixing halo 2 vista.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bxRc5GmX10k
hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm
halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4696
halome.nu/h2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uninstall.exe

MARATHON IS SHIT

You missed a the there

THE MARATHON IS SHIT

oh boy, what do you have against the space adventures of captain king?

yes, it's true. the worst parts of the halo games were the parts most like marathon.

Well, you got me there

Anything but Halo 1 and 3/ODST was trash.
That includes the fucking shitpiece you just posted.

holy shit we're here

get out

yeah its almost like time passes linearly or something like that, did you know that people born after 9/11 are in high school now too?

We've got people here unironically nostalgic about 7th Gen.
Its time to get another hobby

Are you nostalgic about Spiderman 2 movie as well?

Have you heard of on old gem called Skyrim? It's really stood the test of time.

I'm not nostalgic about halo and I'm not nostalgic about spiderman 2. I'm kinda nostalgic about the sega saturn but this isn't really a thread for that.

All women are whores no exceptions.

Microsoft needs to die

wtf user? halo 2 is clearly superior to that shit even though it's still shit in it's own right.

reading this is pure pain it's an injustice to the human race and it's disgusting
I will now dedicate myself to exterminating halo from the face of the earth.

ODST was an expansion pack that the kikes at Microsoft made into a full game to milk the autistic Xbot kids and dudebros.

Halo could have been something magical with a cult following, instead it became wasted potencial neat concepts with a legion of shit eating retards thanks to Bungie letting themselves be bribed by Microsoft.

I think they just need to return to their glory days and get the proper people in the proper positions.

why

Eat a fucking dick OP
Microsoft was never good

Should be announced at this E3
Might bring JoJo back from the dead
Probably not though

agreed
I only suffered through halo 1-3 because my normalfaggot friends(who won't even talk to me anymore for the last 2-3 years) forced me to play that shit with them all the time. When ODST came out I was just like wtf is this garbage? Halo needs to be exterminated off the face of the earth the only time I ever had fun with Halo was when I would play with a friend of mine let's call him "matt"
He was very creative and kind of autistic with Halo his strategies were off the charts and he used to go around bragging about his skills. He even managed to crack the top 300 rankings in some rainbow six games on the xbox/xbox360 sadly I haven't seen him in years because he went to jail some time ago and I'm afraid that when he gets out he's just going to be an empty shell of his former self.

now now, no need to have a tissy. The original Xbox is a tremendous console. The early 360 had a number of superb games too. Pretty much all of which wouldn't exist without Microsoft's support.

FTFY

Don't forget to watch thr Scorpio reveal tomorrow goys.
Most powerful console ever for two whole years before being discontinued by something else or an upgrade.

lets not play pretend now, reality isn't reflecting your words.

begone, shill.
>>>/neofag/

Jesus

I always liked the setting itself. Halo isn't really about the lore- don't get me wrong, pre-343 the shit worked well enough, but listening to the developer commentaries for the first two games you get a clear sense of just what a clusterfuck the production of Halo 1 and 2 respectively really were. They were passion projects first and foremost, made to be fun little space opera shooting games with a zillion nods to their previous series, a tongue in cheek story that, while it could be serious and atmospheric, could also be self aware. And overnight it was massively, and almost completely accidentally, successful. That should have been that, but MicroCock couldn't just let all that money walk away without milking it again and again, and so, just like Metal Gear, a series that should have died after it's second installment saw two spinoffs and are now on their fifth rushed, incomplete, hacky fucking entry.
And that's a shame, because the core mechanics and ideas of the series, especially the main trilogy, definitely had their own merits, and the multiplayer, while not groundbreaking, was definitely satisfying in it's own right.
That said, there is Custom Edition, and with that, SPV3, which would have made younger me cream his jeans back in the day. Just wish more people would get online- as easy as it is to pirate these old games and find used CD keys, you think at least a thousand people would still be on, but you're lucky to see a hundred anymore. A damn shame.
If you're bored of modern games, but you don't like Halo because of it's latter-day association with bro culture, give SPV3 a shot. Halo's free if you look the right places on the internet, Custom Edition is free, and SPV3 is free and is still currently in ongoing development, and they deserve a lot more attention than they seem to be getting.
youtube.com/watch?v=bxRc5GmX10k

But the true ranking is:
2 > 1 > 3 =ODST > 4 > Reach >>> 5
4 is only higher than Reach as Reach was trying to be all about the MP, while 4 actually tried to make a campaign.

I think you need to leave, friendo.

OWO what's this?

I like the huge amounts of fan missions/fan campaigns that've gotten made

Why can't the genocide hurry up.

Halo 2, 3, and ODST has the best campaign.
Halo 3 has the best multiplayer.
Halo Reach has the best customs.
That is all

That still pisses me off till this day

>>>/out/

tfw you'll never experience 343 Guilty spark for the first time again

tfw you'll never be lost inside the complex for 2 hours because you're too young to understand basic pathfinding

Say what you will, Halo 1 was actually really great, even though The Library exists and the 2nd half of the game never got completed.
(Also still has the best OST tbhfamily)

What other games xbox have over playstation besides halo 1-3 and dead rising 1?

It has a few niche games like lost odyssey. Dead Rising was ported to PS4 and PC last year though.

my first fps were Doom and Zero Tolerance and I still played Halo CE. You're trying too hard, reddit.

Ace Combat 6

Come on, son.

couch co-op is truly the greatest thing mankind has ever acheived
good games with couch co-op are amazing
bad games with couch co-op are fun
I buy games (even bad ones) just to make couch co-op easier where I usually dont buy games
I was playing borderlands with a buddy like an hour ago, please help.

Anyone who played CTF on Coldsnap in Custom Edition back ten years or so ago with me is instantly my nigger for life. Only multiplayer experience that was similar was GTA Online, but that's trailing by a thousand miles.

It actually has a good controller. All the good games from that generation were multiplats unless you like weeb games.

jet set radio future

And Crackdown and Gears 1 & 2.

Stop being such a holier-than-thou faggot, any game is fun with friends.

when I installed the halo:ce demo onto a network drive at my high school, nested in a labyrinth of folders. at first only me and my buddies knew the path and would covertly play CTF during class but eventually it leaked. this resulted in the entire school (~2000 students) playing every chance they got. obviously IT got chewed out and deleted my super secret folder, prompting me to reupload that shit. this went on for a few weeks. halo would get nuked for an hour and i'd whip out my flash drive and put it back up. back and forth like that until, no shit, they set up a sting operation in the library to nab me. ended up getting a week of in school suspension for that. naturally i used that time to play halo. i still play ce online to this day, getting hilariously high frame-rates. all the servers seem to be full of spics, lemme know if you guys want to ethnically cleanse with me.

Kek, I did something like that in HS too.

yes hello am spic you mention
did you try out halo 2 cartographer project yet?

Fucking kill me.

Absolute garbage

sorry wut i don't speak spanish

Had a ps2, but best friend in middle school had an xbox, so I'd go over to his house and we'd order pizza and fuck around for hours on halo 1, and then later halo 2. Fucking absolutely pissed him off when we played against each other though: since I couldn't practice and all he did was play I quickly learned there was no way I could outgun him, so I made a habit of just throwing plasma grenades at him before I even fired a shot. If he got close enough to gun me down, he'd die a few seconds after, so our kill score would always end up being a tie. When halo 2 came out I did the same shit on multiplayer, I think I cost him a few online friends that way.

oh shit my bad
oye wey por si acaso, no as tratado hola 2 proyecto cartographia wey?

Get out spic

suck my pee pee

My nigger

I still don't know why the guy didn't just buy another hdd for the blasted thing instead
>muh collectable dev kits…

you are both my niggers

Fuck dude, I'm in. Does anyone play Custom Edition still?

what about uncharted,infamous,killzone and resistance

All shit.

viva pinata.

i heard the first crackdown was ok but never bothered to play it.

Better than fucking fable at least

BELIEVE

Remember Reach

Real answer, driving the warthog in halo. Everything after that was a shitty halflife ripoff.

HCE is all but dead. There's one user here who hosts a HCE server but it tends to die off quickly. Kinda hoping it pops back up

maps like coldsnap and hugeass were the Holla Forums of HCE in that you started with them typically then discovered better and neater maps. The novelty of flying a pelican and longsword is neat but there are so many custom maps out there that it's amazing

same user
Hugeass was overrated but CTF on Coldsnap was amazing. I'd always get in the fast hog with no turret and race across the level using the teleporters, dodging nukes from longswords and strafing runs from F-18s. Everyone went for jets or longswords but the turret-less hog was the best. And having the map be like 5 square miles and having to traverse most of it in the open with no cover was always exhilarating. And having friendly F-18s give you CAS as you race across the level, getting shot at by that 6-legged walker thing made it the best.

Zombies on CMT_Snow_Grove was another go-to.

See I know you played late in the lifespan because it wasn't a thing till later.

Shit I don't ever remember seeing a Zombies server till around 07 or 08 when HCE was starting to die off

At least Realworld is still kicking though most of there servers remain empty except the stock map one

Feels bad man.

Yeah I played the most in '07.
Holy fuck dude, had a major nostalgia blast after reading that. I don't remember bunghole or The Hive.

THat's because those were EARLY in HCE's life like right out of the gate early

I told you I know you're from later on in it's life because of the zombies thing. Most Zombies servers didn't pop up till 07 or 08

eh forge is just a really shitty version of ONE of the dev tools called Sapien.

What we really need and what a lot of these fan projects don't want to focus on is map authoring tools that let people make their own textures, assets, and what have you instead of working with only what the devs give you

Why did everyone hate Reach so much?
It was good.

How? On HCE?

Have you never played Custom Edition on PC?

The game literally was a sandbox for ideas long before Reach or H4

HCE is the defacto Halo only because of how much can be done with it

I actually don't, when I spend time with my 3D friends, we usually play board games, or pen 6 paper RPGs, because everybody plays enough vidya in home

I miss having a buddy I could toss a controller to.

It doesn't have split screen, the entire thing this thread of Halo nostalgia is built around

Same reason Destiny is trash

/thread

Actually played Halo 1 for the first time recently, pretty pick up and play game, best weapons in the game are the common house pistols.
Not too long either, by the time you feel the game is going on too long it's nearly over.

I think the PC version still holds up pretty well, in part due to backpack reloading.

Issue I had with the PC version is it didn't support 1080p which was a slight issue since no other setting quite fit.

Wow dude, just wow

Custom Edition is dead because anons aren't playing it because it's "dead". I get in matches regularly. People are always playing. Not that many, but enough. And it could be more. Literally just make sure you're on the latest version and have opensauce installed and remember to press the "load list" button.

Playing games, even if they are shit ones are fun with friends. Its not our fault we were born in a era where if you owned a console, you most likely could only purchase shit, if you wanted to play online with others.

HCE isn't dead, sevlag just hasn't hosted his server in a while. I'm down for more whenever.
Halo 2 Project Cartographer also works pretty well. There's no way to set a password AFAIK so we couldn't do an 8/v/ server, but if anyone wants to invade a pub we could do that.

Where do you find these kind of campaigns? Which game of the series?

Mostly Halo: Custom Edition. You can finds all sorts of maps on hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm

That's dead by any FPS standards

I'll go one further than you OP.

I miss the simplicity of the old Halo games in regards to gameplay. Really tired of every single FPS shooter having to check off a bucket list of same old tired ass shit we have been seeing for over 10 years now in the genre. This includes the advanced movement crap that is in 5.

Halo came out in 2001. Someone who was 4 years old when it came out could now be old enough to buy a beer in America.

"Baby's first FPS isn't a joke anymore"

reminder Quake was "Baby's first FPS" and at one point.

I have sev on Steam and we drag each other into Project Cartographer the issue with it is we can't make it password protected. There's also a retooling of the playlist for HCE ontop of other things.

Problem is that most of the hispanics that are left on HCE don't know about custom maps

There's also no split-screen because according to them H5's engine can only run at 60fps and nothing else.

Want to get a party going? I could really use something to take my mind off this Syria bullshit.

Armor abilities are contentious because it weakened even starts, and people hated armor lock. The maps were also bad.

Also, there are now a ton of people who started the series with 3 so 3babies hate everything that came after 3.

Does project cartographer still fuck up the single player?

I hope Halo online picks up more speed

was doing other things. Maybe this week

I think there is a work around on their site hold on

halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4696

I played H:O last time it was up and it was boring. It was pretty much 97% infection and like one thing of CTF.

I mean like widely, not just Holla Forums and reandomfags on servers

H:O has some potential, I've seen someone on youtube posting videos injecting bipeds like brute chieftains and grunts into the game. I just hope some sort of HEK is released because Forge is eh. You have to work with what you're given, be it textures, objects, and the BSP. I feel like a lot of these projects like H:O and Installation 01 are doomed to small playerbases because lack of content creation tools (or in 01's case they won't becuase for some reason they think MS won't shut down their game)

Bayonetta on the 360 was definitely superior to the crap porting job on the PS3 version.

Since when has Gearbox had anything to do with Halo?

Gearbox did the PC port of CE

halome.nu/h2

It was probably the only thing they did right.

Gearbox was heavily supervised by Bungie is why.

Mine was luring Balor out of his fortress with the Myrkridian battle standard in a desperate attempt to kill him whilst the rest of the legion undertook a suicide frontal assault on said fortress.