msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381396(v=vs.85).aspx
ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780744011753/samplepages/1175-3_gtactwpsp.pdf
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Libretro#Cores
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.5.0/windows/x86_64/RetroArch.7z
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/50
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17405194
1fichier.com/?boxd7mbtol
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cemu 1.7.4c releases on the 9th for non-Patreon fags. AMD users still suffer with shitty graphical glitches. Is there an alternate wiiu emulator that isn't shit?

and no sound. Mednafen doesn't work with every game btw.

Sweet, hopefully "hdd-ready" games will be supported sometime.

I'm actually curious if it just sucks up 8GB of your own HDD space to call its own. Xbox is an odd system.

From what I understand, ISOs always take up 8GB because there's always padding on the disk. Any time I convert a game, it always winds up shedding about 5GB on average.

no, I mean the Xbox's internal HDD. Every HDD is 8gb (although there are some 10, they still do the same thing pretty much) – the HDD has 4GB reserved, and 4GB swap on 3 different partitions (x/y/z.) With the other 4GB being reserved for save data and system files.

Xbox partitioning has always been weird. While I have yet to plug a 360 hard drive into a computer, both Xbone and OG have 3 smaller partitions at the end of the drive. The Xbone's though are labelled, one for tmp, the other two for system updates (?).

I believe they use those all for swap and not updates per se, but storing quick access game data. If you play halo 2, for example, quit after starting a game and then navigate to the x/y/z partitions you can find halo 2 game files from the dvd. it's part of why the xbox outperforms the ps2 and gc in many tasks. what's great is on original hardware you can upgrade the system, cpu, hdd, ram, etc. cpu will get you mixed results but its possible to get a cpu that is two times faster than the stock, and you can get a 50% boost in read/writes to the hdd with an 80-pin ide cable.

those things are easy to spoof. just tell the emulation that it has those but run it like a normal emulator with save states and such
of course, it takes a non-retard to program it

assuming it's reading from an iso, it still needs to store that data somewhere in swap, xbox's expect it in the bios, it's a very complicated system since it's not just hardware, it's an entire OS.

Does anyone have the link to the wiki with the instructions on installing retroarch?

Is there any way to netplay with Mednafen that doesn't lag and isn't pantu on heads retarded?
They really need to work on their documentation documents too, i had problems just trying to find how to even make a server or connect to one.

XQEMU i stagnant because the two guys maintaining it are doing something else(namely college and working on Citra), CXBX-R is where it's at for now but since it's mostly HLE it's always gonna be kinda shit until they backport and improve the LLE parts of XQEMU.

EMUBurchS ARE THE NIGGERS OF GAMING
there we go now that thats out the way, we can continue with an actual emulation thread
So whats the best gameboy emulator for the Wii? VGABX or whatever the fuck its called seems to have problems running romhacks and it crashes a lot on the menu

Have you tried mgba?

EMUburchS?
don't you mean Burchs?

I don't know about a wiki, but I can walk you through getting it all setup.

Heh.

Why even filter cvck?
sage for offtopic

Since when has it been filtered? It wasnt filtered before april fools day thats for sure.

Be honest, when did you first start posting here?

Is Holla Forums 50% Redditors now?

What sparked this? I thought reddit destroyed the last remaining dev kit or something.

Probably close to ~20% when combined with new сuckchan rapefugees, they're just a very noticeable minority that constantly out themselves.

Some random webdev teamed up with one of the CXBX dev and nified all forks of it to get something usable, also patreon.

Devkit aren't emulation panacea, a standard XBOX already allows you to run unsigned code just fine and doing that is most of why you want a devkit to begin with, they're also not "that" rare.

You fucking idiots, the Board kike removed the filter to that word a long time ago.
Downtime must have fucked with the filters as well since the only filter we had before it was norm-ies.>>12279178

He probably just reinstated it, dis cord linkfilter also got changed.

See
Now tell me he isn't a newfag.

anyone have CEMU 1.7.4d to download?

i got 1.7.4 (with no letter) and it doesn't work very well, i can only get 5 FPS out of it, these are my specs:

Fx8120 CPU
R9 380 GPU
win7
16gb ram

from what i read 7.4d has some upgrades for AMD users

If you have the slav crack or the unpatched .exe that's normal it starts running like shit as a DRM you need the crack from mudlord to fix that.
Nobody has 1.7.4d yet.

That would be a good name for an emulator.

when i open it, it says (Patreon Build) on the top bar, does that mean its the Burched one?

Could be any one of the builds I mentioned.

so i should try to get 1.7.4c and the mudlord crack, then get the shaders, and then get the hook?

Yeah, might not work perfectly still but I'm pretty sure you' shouldn't be getting that kind of shit frame rate even with your CPU (don't expect 30fps though FX-81xx are really shit)

When the fuck are we going to get a proper Sega Saturn emulator with save states and shit?

ew, take your crutch and leave

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

any idea where to find these shader cache thingies? all i find is youtube videos made by brazilian fucks with adlinks shit.

r/cemucaches

i don't have money to buy a new CPU and motherboard.

don't you think that, if i had money, i'd just skip buggy emulation all together and buy a wii u/switch?

Depends if you want the entire PC library plus every console game up to gen 5 for free, or the 0 good PiiU exclusives, or a switch + BoTW.

The other day I was looking at my PS1 games and I thought to myself good thing there's emulation and softmodding original consoles because the discs aren't gonna last forever, but one day the original hardware and discs will be incredibly rare to find.
I don't get anti emulation fags, emulation is a good thing because one day it'll be near impossible to find the original hardware and discs, then how are you gonna play the games?

Recommend me some NES games

well shit, i got the correct hook for my version and it went from 0.5FPS to 10-15ish as long as im not looking over massive open spaces. thats a pretty massive upgrade.

here's hoping 1.7.4d will fix AMD issues, maybe i can play it with cheatengine speed hack x2?

Recca
Guardian Legend / Guardic Gaiden

I don't remember the specifics on that but I think yes.

NINJA GAIDEN 2
ZELDA I AND II
DOKI DOKI MARIO BROS 2
SUPER MARIO BROS 2
KID ICARUS
BATTLETOADS
METROID
FINAL FANTASY III

Faxanadu
Battle of Olympus
Kid Icarus
Ninja Gaiden
Blaster Master
Cobra Triangle
Adventures of Lolo
Zelda 2
Crystalis
The Guardian Legend

oh yeah, and motherfucking Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates

Heres my nigger

AMD plebs deserve everything they get tbh.

Nvidiafags get to have CEMU use 32+GB of ram.

So? AMD peasant can't even afford ram?

is there any way to update the BOTW image to 1.1.1? im running the 1.1.0 that i got from the FitGirl repack.

There's a couple of reasons. First and foremost, there's (1) and done shitposting which is irrelevant as the shitposters are just posting something to get a rise out of anons. This happens with every topic and doesn't matter, just ignore them.

Next, you have the original hardwarefags that may have spent thousands of dollars building their collection (good snes games can be $200 each, for example) and they're watching people get a nice CRT off craig's list, USB mod an OG controller, and play entire libraries with cycle-accurate emulation for a total of

the cheatengine thing divides your framerate by 2 instead of making the game run two times faster, don't bother trying that, it doesn't work.

so far i can get BOTW up to 10-12 frames, pretty good, but still its hardly playable, there are some mayor graphic bugs like purple/blue squares expanding and contracting all over the place, and the grass flickering like crazy. guess i'll be patient for now.

other than that, where can i get a good download of Xenoblade X? might as well try that game too.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15828284

thanks user.

has any wizard figured a way to reverse the censorship yet?

Source is plebbit.

drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJr2akRcL-NSF93aVVaak85ZUE

so this replaces the SJW text and music, does it make lin stop being an uncanny valley midget too?

did you play grimrock 1 and 2 already? its not japanese, but its a dungeon crawler.

I think the only thing it fixes is the music and bikinis/underwear.

Don't know why that user deleted his post .

>Super Mario Bros. 2 the Japanese version

In my recent hunger for dungeon crawlers and japanese games I'm embarking on Etrian Odyssey on no$gba, any glaring drawbacks with that? Yes I am using the mouse to 'tap' the bottom screen.

Sorry, forgot to attach a pic. No I haven't, and while the system requirements seem a bit steep I will check how it is.

Anyone try the new beetle mednafen with Vulkan? I had it working real nice but I only get a blackscreen now. It's pretty good despite that.

so no text fix and Lin is still a midget? sad. but i guess its better than nothing, how fucked was the music?

nigga what, they run on toasters, both of them.

Bucky O'Hare

Now these might be toaster specs but my last rig was a 2.4 AMD. Which was painful to part with and would have liked to play this game on. it.
Sage because not emulation.

Unless they changed things recently it's still broken in quite a few games but it's extremely impressive overall for somehing with that little work done on it for now (built from scratch in a handful of weeks).

What are you doing, nigger?

I don't think there are any mods to fix those issues yet. As for the music, it replaces embed related with less ear-rape from normal xenoblade chronicles.

so no booby slider either?

man i wish there was a way to just pass the english text over to the japanese version of the game. i can tolerate retarded memes on textboxes, but physical censorship (as in, changing the visuals of the game like making lolis into dwarfs and bikini armors into burkas) just grinds my gears into atomic dust

I think we'll get there eventually, as people are still working on mods today. So long as CEMU keeps chugging along (and I see no reason why it wouldn't) and drumming up more interest in the game, I'm sure we'll end up with a properly unfucked XCX at some point.

Star Wars (American version)
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight
The Guardian Legend once again
Clash at Demonhead
North and South if you have another player

Lin's model wasn't changed, only her sexy outfits. Undub patch fixes them.
Only things that are not fixed are shitty text and boob slider.
Lin has better ass than Eyylmao

i see, i'll try to get on it sometime this week. even though probably it wont work very well, just like BOTW, i need to download more ram.

i just started another game and its gonna occupy me for a couple of days.

jews in space Lagrange Point

You need like 16 gb ram for XBX.

Shatterhand or the superior jap version Tokkyū Shirei Solbrain (Super Rescue Solbrain)
Chip & Dale 1/2 or TMNT beat em ups with a friend
Kirby
Nuts and Milk
Mappy
Clu-Clu Land
Legend of Kane
Powerblade 2
Kickmaster

Are both Bayo games playable yet or does CEMU still have some ways to go?

MEDNAFEN IS BEST FOR SATURN EMULATION
Deal with it faggots.

Bayo 1 is getting a PC port soon.

very low compatibility, better off getting original hardware

Stop lying it hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

shlomos doing overtime?

it is probably happening, but it's been almost 10 years so there's little reason to care.

too poor to afford a $60 console?

FUCK

Ad hominem(U+200B was here) ad hominem.

I'm just trying to figure out the problem you have with an affordable solution to a problem.

If you don't mind taking a few extra steps to set up your emulator to play famicom disk system games, give Gyruss a try. While a normal nes version exists, the fds version has better sound and music at the expense of a few small load times. Plus, this is probably the only time in your life you will be able to experience flipping a virtual floppy disk upside down.

im playing peace walker right now. Thank God for the 60 fps fix

user, this thread is about emulation!

the section 8 of gaming

I have a question about recording emulated gameplay. I want to know which filter would be better to record a game with, the MD NTSC or the 2xSal filter (Both pictures listing accordingly)?

Personally, I find the MD NTSC filter to be more appealing to the eye, but I want to know which the viewer would prefer. Or, should I just go with what I find appealing?

no filter, it always looks like shit.

Adding some Romhacks

Don't use them at all. They don't make any difference.

Hey does anyone have the recommended GBC\GBA game lists? I thought I had them saved but turns out I either didn't or lost it somewhere.

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE

i wonder who made that benchmark…

What is the best DC emulator to play MvC2?

(crossing posting my reply since the GG thread is almost done)
Of these two filters, I think the 2xSal looked better in that specific screenshot. However my experience with that filter is that overall it has too much smoothing, and during the game it will look worse when pixel-level detail is important to understanding the sprite. I'm guessing the second filter would be better overall then (I couldn't google any specifics, but it sounds like a CRT-style filter?)

Personally, I try to go with no filter (integer scaling/nearest neighbor).

BTW - are you doing this for youtube uploads? Something I've never heard discussed intelligently before is how to deal with taking integer scaled footage and putting it inside a 720p upload. Do you use the integer scaling that brings you closest to 720 vertical pixels, and pad a few extra pixels above and below with a border (usually a mere 20 or so pixels)? Or do you use a bilinear/bicubic stretch to use exactly 720 vertical pixels?

It sounds like the first option would obviously be better, right? But when someone views your video at full screen, it's going to be stretched anyway by their monitor (no monitor is 720p…). So you aren't avoiding the bilinear stretch either way, I think.

If anyone else has thoughts on this it would be appreciated.

Is PS2 emulation good yet

What I'm doing is running the games in Kega Fusion and recording them in 1080p. The more "technical" settings I'm using is that I'm using the NTSC aspect ratio, have the filtered option turn on (to not make it look as pixelated as it would), and have fixed aspect to fit the screen. As far as the stuff you're talking about, I'm at a loss.

every time i see it again it seems EVEN more autistic, how is it possible

Well, anyways, I'm going to be recording now, and embed the final results when I release the video. Hopefullly, we can better discuss things then.

USE THE TV CVBS FILTER

It blurs the image but it also turns dithered meshes transparent, as the Genesis used the blurred color signal from composite to do this.

You don't know how transparencies on Sega systems work.

Something to consider is that theater mode in youtube for a 720p video will display it at actual 1280x720. But assuming most people (including the uploader) have a 1080p monitor and would like to view fullscreen, I'd say this would look best:

You keep watching it.

For some games on some PCs. I've been playing Ghost in the Shell recently, just the first level tho. Works fine so far, but I'm playing at 640x480, haven't had the time to try higher res or any other tricks. Music's kinda fucked up with it's short loop, but looking at some dude's playthrough it sounds the same on his end.
Is it supposed to handle like ass or am I just not that good at aiming with a controller?

what ancient version of the emulator are you using?

I don't even know how to change basics dude, I've only ever fiddled with GBA's diddles on my PSP and a bit with Dolphin. Only recently got this new GPU and a controller.

Good thing I remembered there was a specific hack for the vertical bar situation (Align Sprite).
But I'm not liking these speeds.

Cuck a duck

t. my wife's son

don't forget about play! the ps2 emulator with good code unlike pcsx2 github.com/jpd002/Play-

Give it to me straight doc - is my PC simply still too shit for PS2 emulation?

yes

This is pretty fun.

Now I want to see a Nascar racing event where everyone has to drive one of these one-sided motorcycles and see who's wheels come off first.

I just want to play the best Tony Hawk games again ._.

So what are my options for N64 emulation? Is project 64 still the only piece of shit available?

I just want to try out this autismfest;
romhacking.net/translations/2947/

Retroarch's Mupen64 core is pretty decent, I'd say it's better than Project64 at this point. You could try the standalone Mupen64 but it's a fucking nightmare to set up, think Mednafen but worse.

It's not a bad option, but I'm not sure if it is worth it as I consider this problem more deeply.

Like, we seem to agree that the benefit of integer scaling is very fragile for fullscreen viewers. Unless the video and monitor have the same resolution, the benefit is lost – you agree?

And even if this is the best option, sometimes people want to upload at 720p anyway. (Sort of a tangent, but here's examples:

1) For footage that originates from a livestream, then it probably won't be 1080p/60 fps. Reasonable livestreams cap out at 1080p/30fps or 720p/60fps, and it could even be 720p/30fps for slow connections.
2) Youtube has a bitrate cap for each resolution, which has known to be lacking for modern games with high detail. 60 fps footage on Youtube sometimes looks better at 720p instead of 1080p since there is more bitrate to spare.
3) Filesize - for retro games especially, the quality doesn't otherwise suffer at 720p and it makes it easier to edit, store and upload.)

So the question is still relevant: "What is the best way to put emulator footage into 720p uploads?"

For most retro resolutions, if you record at 720p (or 1080p) with integer scaling then you have black pixels above and below. If the viewer's monitor doesn't have those resoultions (and many don't!) then the benefit of integer scaling is basically lost anyway (I think?). The option of rescaling the footage to fit snuggly into 720p seems like it might be better, but I'm unsure.

I'll also add something else I noticed: for SNES resolutions which have 224 pixel height, 1080p is a terrible choice for integer scaling. 4x scaling leaves a whopping 17% of the 1080p vertical space unused. But 3x scaling inside 720p only has 6.7% vertical space unused. Every viewer has to see the same amount of wasted space, regardless of their monitors resolution.

Have you tried the PC version of THUG with the THUGPRO mod?

the more updates pcsx2 gets the worse its performance gets, its kind of incredible how it manages to get no more accurate and actually require better hardware with no actual improvements. emulation is a joke.

Good points. If bandwidth is a concern and it's true that [email protected]/* */ uploads usually look better than [email protected]/* */ uploads then go with [email protected]/* */ Id still integer scale because scaling once should look better than scaling twice and it gives anyone the option to use theater mode to be pixel perfect. The slightly smaller screen isn't going to matter because like you said it's only a small amount of pixels top and bottom at 720p and would be worth it.
(Same user, different computer)

I played through GITS:SAC last year on an emulator. I forget the settings I liked, but make sure you test the various openGL and DirectX backends. There was a performance difference for me.

Second thing I remember is that for the hacking minigame, you need to use the other setting and it will have terrible input lag. I save stated the hacking stuff, and hacking is thankfully a mostly optional benefit anyway. I think the tutorial/training room needs the "worse" setting as well to display correctly.

Overall the emulation was barely acceptable. No crashes. Occasionally the slowdown would be a noticeable bother and frequently the audio slowdown would be noticeable. Overall I found the emulation adequate enough to replay several times on the other difficulties, but yeah… the emulation is NOT great and this game in particular seems a bit harder for the emulator. Gamecube, N64 and PS1 all emulate better for most games!

Where do you get your WiiU isos? Every site I find is just full of bullshit and tricks

I tried to use a PS2 emu to play Mercenaries and Ratchet & Clank and could never get them to work properly.

No, ever since Pirate Bay went down I've been wary of trying torrents.

Use rutracker.

TPB is fine, no need for the tinfoil.

Play the PC ports

Only 2 has one.

when will PCSX2 ever get fixed?

also whatever happened with that 3DS emulator that one dude kept daily threading about?

Hows that PS3 emulator coming along? anything that isnt flash games playable yet?

emulators are shit

Don't use alt-F4 to quit your emulator and that won't happen.

not that guy, but why would that cause it? I'm genuinely curious

SRAM handling

Basically most emulator that can run games with SRAM (NES/SNES etc) need to keep this SRAM on RAM because it's not technically feasible to handle everything on a disk (most game just write to SRAM on save some write to it every frames some write several times)
Separating games that need special handling from those that don't would be a gigantic pain in the ass so for now most emulator write SRAM to disk on a timer and on specific events one of those being quitting but Alt-F4 isn't a "normal" way to handle quitting so the program interrupts itself without doing anything so your SRAM stays in RAM and isn't written to disk hence you lose the save.

play the superior xbox version of mercenaries

Did you check out thps-mods.com? They have the PC versions on there.

In my experience snes games saves are actually tied to save states, which would explain it much simpler. Memory card systems work perfectly fine, but when the system would normally save to the game's cartridge the emulator needs to remember this by keeping a save state where that cartridge save exists.

It's possible newer emulators solve this problem by storing all sram data automatically, but in my experience the sram data itself is stored in save states.

It's important to point out it's not THUG1 that THUGPRO is made for. It's THUG2

SRAM is used as scratch RAM by some games which is why it's included in save states in SNES emulators, it's much easier to make that behavior default than make a special behavior for games that don't use the SRAM in that way
I don't recall exactly why PS1/PS2 has to tie memcard to savestate by default (workaround there being ejecting the memcard before a savesate and putting it back in after) exactly but it's a different thing.

Never gonna happen, not with games potentially writing to it every frame, don't need to explain you that writing 60 times per second to any sort of disk is not a good idea.

Automatically as in without the use of save states. Doesn't mean it's saved all the time, could just be a dump whenever the game closes, but that would still be better than having to load a savestate in order to load a save game.

That's already what emulators do, save the SRAM to file on a timer and/or specific events, problem is it's not really crash/user error proof.

What? Are you sure?
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381396(v=vs.85).aspx

I'm willing to believe you are correct that many emulators do what you're saying, but lets clarify that this is because shit programming springs eternal.

When you get a card that isn't AMD

what do you mean user? i run PCSX2 on my R9 380 and it plays just fine.

given, i haven't played many games, mostly just godhand, but it runs pretty good

Universally, people who complain about not being able to play games in PCSX2 have AMD cards. Glad you haven't had too much trouble personally

Can somebody please map their keyboard keys so that GTA Chinatown Wars plays somehow as PC GTA game and upload the config file here?

I haven't really played any consoles in my life so I have no sense of what them PSP controller buttons are supposed to do.

AMD cards work fine as long as you don't need OpenGL mode.

>msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381396(v=vs.85).aspx
People don't follow any sort of MS coding conventions because most of them are win32 exclusive (while most emudev strive to get at-least an x86 linux version out on top of Win32 meaning you don't want that much win 32 exclusive shit in your code) and it still asks you to do things that are 100% retarded like storing program setting in the registry instead of a config file like everywhere else.
So yeah if there's a way to properly handle alt-f4 and it's win32 only they're not gonna bother since that not what most user are gonna do anyway.

Anytime you'll come across a game that require the OGL renderer you'll see what he means, oh and before you ever test that yourself make sur you set "blending accuracy" to something that isn't none unless you want a surprise.

You probably aren't a programmer. Windows automatically rolls alt+f4 together with other ways of closing the program. You would have to go out of your way to detect the method of closure, i.e. isn't about whether "people follow MS coding conventions" or not, this is the way the OS presents itself to the program.

If an emulator can't write a SRAM file when the user presses alt-f4 they they are shit programmers and deserved to be called such. I would bet these emulators also fail when the user presses the close button.

I'm having problems with Front Mission 3 when I got to the Taiwan mission. It freezes and I get SPEC OP errors when getting to the next mission. I tried using the old ePSXe emulator, didn't work. So as trying new video plugins. What to do, what to do?

Just play with a controller, like it was originally designed to play, you imbecile. theyre only $25 at walmart

>mfw having fun

Why?

About 11 years ago dingleberry.

It's getting there but has a fair way to go still.

Probably demul

lol

Running emulators is a sign you hate Donald Trump. Good gamers pay for their games. Lefties out to Make America Shit Again pirate their games and deny profits to IP holders.

I'mma currently a NEET who lives with his mum and has -0.23 eurocuckbucks in the bank account.

try mednafen

Future looks bright.

I did payed for my games. All except for one of my Genesis games was bought off of Steam, and the rest of my ROMs came from Nintendo's virtual console service. The only ROMs I haven't bought digitally are the PS1 and Sega CD games I ripped myself.

I wonder how you would emulate this controller.

I wish I could find that joystick setup in a second hand store

don't get your hopes up, OP linked a video that was sped up 4 times in a video editing program, has no music, and no buttons work. And it's from 2016 lmao.

What do you guys think of thr DragonBox Pyra as an emulation device

get a job you lazy piece of shit before the muslims take over your home

Fortunately Latvian government doesn't give gibs to shitskins

well then, I suggest mapping controls with the keyboard alone.

WASD for the right stick
RDFG for the D-pad
arrow keys for the Face Buttons
Shift and Space for Shoulder Buttons
Q and E for Select and Start.

sounds fuckin retarded but it works. I've used worse.

Thanks man.

And checked.

googling the Manual for games should help you too.

ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780744011753/samplepages/1175-3_gtactwpsp.pdf

WOAH… Guys… It's almost like… If you pay people for their work… They work better and faster… Like Capitalism works… WOAH blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know this. Holla Forums and greedy jew pirates are just too stubborn to believe it.

theyre like anarchocommunists and shit. they know deep down it doesnt work, but they wont admit cause they still wanna do stupid shit and feel justified and rebellious

Nothing because it's a NEVER EVER project.
We wait and see.

it's something original hardware fags figured out long ago. section 8ers will take some time to figure it out. low IQ.

Fun fact: PCSX2 uses borderless fullscreen. This means mandatory Windows vsync implementation (adds more inpit latency then typical application-provided vsync), which adds very noticeable input lag (makes things like God Hand, Metal Slug Anthology, DMC NOTICEABLY harder). Other emus solve this by using exclusive fullscreen and vsync off by default; simple, elegant, no fucking around with settings, bare minimum input lag. PCSX2 devs have officially refused to even give an option for exclusive fullscreen. On Windows 7 and earlier, you can disable Windows vsync by switching to Basic mode instead of Aero. That's what I do. Windows 8 and above gives NO POSSIBLE WAY to do this. So even when a PS2 game works without some fucking complicated settings or glitches (rarely, DMC1 bangle of time doesn't work at all, Metal Slug 6 completely broken), the vast majority of users will suffer input lag either due to lack of knowledge about it, or to having a later OS, or to not having enthusiast GSync/Freesync monitor to work around it.

Why are PCSX2 devs such fucking faggots? This is unacceptable. I thought emulator devs are supposed to be smart?!

emulators are the worst way to play games.

You b8 in every emu thread. Get a hobby loser

I didn't know there was a GC port. Thanks user

not GC, but Wii. you can still use the GC controller set up tho.

also the PSP port works fine too but you cant multiplayer

gonna have to wait a while for you to reply to that one.

no you're the retard here, user.

hmm I was right, it really is bad for your brain. ah well, hope you recover some day.

translation

Maybe if you "muh reel hard dick" jackoffs had any self pride your game displays would look good. I don't mean piling your shit on crappy-looking shelves that cost you $50 at most.

Meanwhile I won't pile my house with game carts or give money to companies I don't particularly care for. Sony can fuck off after what they did to Lik-Sang and Nintendo is dishonest.

I'm not even that guy, shitlips. look who cant tell ID's apart

you know this is an emulation thread, right? You can save your tears about ps4's and switches for elsewhere.

very slow reaction time.

.>>12290946
Metal Slug Anthology is already fucked up beyond belief on actual hardware.

Kill the dwm.exe process, should still work in 8/8.1, not sure about 10

Now what most people don't know is that by default PCSX2 forces 96ms average of A/V latency and that's not fucking remotely good, anyone should put that shit as low as they can without having the audio crackle.

This. Neo-Geo emulation works much better than struggling with home console collections.

Virtual Console games on Dolphin have surprisingly very low input lag. Not sure what the reason for it is.

Is Metal Wolf Chaos working yet?

Muh accuracy

gameplay > graphics

playing some old 2D games with mednafen is perfect but when it comes to muh-graphics i try to get the best out of it, pcsxr-pgxp

Shit, I might try it to emulate Kings Field 2 then.
Epsxe and pcsx both drop their framerate hard on certain places for no apparent reason, and the whole game goes in a slight but very annoying slow motion as a result.
Anyone emulated it? Any hints on good ways to emulate it? Is there any other versionof the game that runs better that I don't know of?

Mednafen can increase internal resolution, and can also remove all slowdown present in the original hardware so you're playing at the internal fps cap 100% of the time. Do you have brain problems?

TBF, I think he's talking about the standalone Mednafen PSX core, which is borderline abandonware, rather than the LibRetro Mednafen PSX core, which is much more aggressively developed and has far more features. The same is true of many LibRetro cores, like Mupen64.

ok, user, here is the thing. Mednafen has no UI and for most faggots is this a barriere. Retroarch is just using the core of it, as it does for any other emulator. It is not a standalone core it is actually the core from mednafen.

Literally retarded.

Is N64 emulation not a pile of burning ass yet? I just want to play Conker but no one sells the physical cartridge for a sane price reeeeee

The Mednafen cores in LibRetro are significantly modified from those in Mednafen itself (also RetroArch's SmartTV-ish interface is almost as retarded as CLI):
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Libretro#Cores

RA's UI is specifically designed so that it's usable on all devices. There's nothing retarded about the UI, it's easy as fuck to use with a controller, which is the fucking point.

Why use a controller to do in minutes what I could do with WIMP in seconds?

Even HTPC environments like Plex or Kodi can take some advantage of mouse/touchscreen/keyboard input, but RetroArch is the only non-vaporware front-end for LibRetro.

Get a PC

CEMU development is fast because they have internal docs to help them.

Minutes to do what? It takes like 2 minutes tops to fully configure RA for your first-time startup and set up a couple of cores with the proper shader profiles, after that, starting it and getting into a game takes a couple seconds tops.
See my previous post. RA's UI is specifically designed so that it's usable on all devices.
That's a fraction of a fraction. Most HTPC setups exclusively use gamepads.

Sounds to me like you're bitching just to bitch. Get a gamepad, nigger.

What if I want to go back and forth to test settings? What if I'm attempting to reorganize ROMs? What if I'm making per-game settings? It adds up.

Working nicely with a gamepad once everything's properly set up is convenient, but being so tedious to flip through its stupid scrolling menus that are exactly what WIMP is best at on a PC is infuriating.

LibRetro was supposed to fix the UI problem with new emulators, not make it worse, with RetroArch originally intended as just a fallback option. But nobody is making alternate front ends, and the mobile ports of RetroArch are even adding built-in touch interfaces now. LibRetro failed, it's time to add WIMP mode.

I have a gamepad, several in fact (including some with extra face buttons that conflict with LibRetro's Xbox-knockoff internal RetroPad abstraction), plus a flightstick and wheel/pedals.

Pressing the "home" button on your controller, getting to the setting, toggling it, and getting back in-game to check the result takes a couple of seconds.
Why are you not using the launchbox-esque automatic ROM playlist compile function?
Couple of seconds tops.
Git gud with your gamepad and it's easy and fast as fuck.
It did, it's usable on all devices and easy as fuck. Compare it to the fuckfest of configuring plugin-based emulation, especially with an HTPC setup with a gamepad, and you'll see how magical it really is.
Go make one yourself instead of bitching.
Lose your shit-tier gamepads, pick a good one, stick with it, and you won't have any problems zipping through the menus.

That's KF2 for you. It runs like that on og hardware too. The best you can do is use beetle-PSX on Retroarch with overclocking on, it's beautiful.

What is this and where can I get this?
Google just showed me a bunch of different things.
I've no idea on how to use retroarch too, this will be a quest itself.

It's just the LibRetro-only enhanced Mednafen PSX core

you forgot your pic

For real though, I've no idea what this stuff is.

Get Retroarch, download the Mednafen-PSX core and go to town.

What's the best place to get a Breath of the Wild ISO to play on CEMU?

Nintendo

Download this: buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.5.0/windows/x86_64/RetroArch.7z

-Extract it somewhere.
-Download the 5500 (nip) and 5501 (us) bios files and put them in the system folder.
-If you're going to use shaders, scroll right on the Menu > Video > enable Integer Scaling and disable Bilinear Filtering
-Go to Online Updater > Core Updater > Playstation (Beetle PSX)
-If using shaders, Online Updater > Update Cg Shaders
-Load Core > Beetle PSX
-Load Content (pick your PSX game)
-If it doesn't work, you fucked up or you have a bad PSX dump. Try again, faggot.
-If it works, good job, you can read.
-Press the Playstation/Xbox button on your controller, welcome to the Quick Menu
-Scroll down to Controls and make sure it has the correct controller selected
-Go to Options, enable CPU Overclock and say goodbye to slowdown
-If not using shaders, consider increasing internal resolution to 2x
-If using shaders, go back to quick menu > shaders > load shader preset > shaders_cg > crt > crt-hyllian-glow.cgp > apply changes. If you don't like that shader, experiment until you find something you like.

Mednafen, launchbox, retroarch, ppsspp, thats all i need for psx, saturn, all the old shit and psp games.

Maybe single threaded performance isn't the best metric?

Quad + high STP is what you want for gaming.

That's great, but it's well known that's not where Ryzen is trying to compete.

I haven't mentioned Ryzen once. Way to put words in my mouth, fuckstick.

That's the subject being discussed here. If you can't track that, you may very well be the fuckstick.

I don't really see what sort of relevance a 20 core Xeon has when talking about CPU performance for general usage.

True, but this has been AMD's greatest weakness in every market segment (embedded, mobile, general purpose, server, gaming, workstation, HPC, etc.) ever since they went full retard with Bulldozer. The fact that they increased IPC is nice, but they should have tried much harder to beat Intel on IPC, let alone barely equaling 3-generation-old cores.

Read up the reply chain, nigger.

Here: user posts about how he's getting 5FPS with CEMU (an application that heavily favors single thread performance, like all gen 6+ emulators).

I post an STP benchmark chart here:

An user makes fun of Ryzen's shit-tier STP

You claim that STP isn't the best metric

I say that what's important for gaming is STP + four cores.

You then claim that Ryzen isn't trying to compete with gaming CPUs, when the entire discussion was based on an user having CPU performance issues in fucking CEMU

I think you might actually be retarded.

Satan please
You actually expected a smaller company putting out a brand new architecture with many major departure from their older architectures to 1 be any stable and 2 beat intel that has had 7 gen to refine their current architecture and over ten times the R&D budget?
It's as if people don't remember Phenoms.

Ryzen as "bad" as it is isn't a limiting factor in most case just like a 2500k is still just fine nowadays

For emulation?
Its the only relevant one.

AMD used to regularly swap paint with Intel up until Bulldozer, even before Intel's Pentium III/IV pipeline-length explosion debacle. Not just AMD, up until the 2000s, there was a thriving market in 80x86 knockoffs from the likes of Cyrix, VIA, Centaur, NatSemi, NEC, NexGen, & Transmeta.

Intel has been bumping its nose against the limits of Moore's Law ever since the mid-2000s, there is no good reason a moderately well funded engineering team couldn't compete with them.

I'm dabbling in PSvita emulations and beside audio hickups on the SNES games I'm liking the retroarch builds.
Is there a way to not have the PS1 emulator not shit the bed when I go into standby or press the home button

AMD hasn't had anything come close to Intel since the Core Duo, closest was Phenom 2, Ryzen is comparatively closer to Kaby Lake than Phenom 2 were to 1st gen Core iX.

Is Castlevania: Curse of Darkness a good PS2 game? Also, recommend some good PS2 games that are relatively unknown.

I wish that Play! emulator would hurry the fuck up with development, PCSX2 blows and has faggot devs, it doesn't even play Jak and Daxter games right

Embed related, and while perhaps not relatively unknown, Twisted Metal Black is one that a lot of people missed, but is fucking awesome.

Kya: Dark Lineage
Nano Breaker
Chain Dive
Shinobi/Nightshade
Simple 2000 series stuff (good is probably exaggerated but there are a few good surprises here and there just expect budget independent dev-tier quality levels)

>it doesn't even play Jak and Daxter games right
Considering what those game do they're unlikely to ever work right on anything nevermind the HLE approach that Play! is going for.
Play! isn't your savior it's gonna be PCSX2 all over again with the extra badness of having core design decisions making some stuff simply impossible to do realistically.

Oh man. Can you explain what Jak and Daxter does that's so crazy to emus? Why can't PCSX2 emulate the eyes? I've always wondered. That kind of stuff is fascinating to me.

Texture cache fuckery, iirc it uses some sort of megatexture to do eye animations and the way PCSX2 currently emulates texture cache doesn't do what is necessary for that to work properly, you'd have to ask Gregory for actual technical details about it.

Here's a much better explanation than mine
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/50
Near the bottom.

Can I just copy the memstick folder or something to the new ppsspp build to keep all my save data and such?

My calendar says it's 2017. DOS-based interfaces should have vanished completely 2 decades ago. There's no excuse for it not to be a modern program with full interface. If fucking NESticle on Win95 could have one so can this.

Why?

Its been in development for more than a decade. You fell for a meme just like you fell for the Jak and Daxter meme

yeah

Bump for real answer please?

Please stop fanboying up something as basic and functional-basis as graphics cards.

I'm sure there are lots of employers who would love to hire someone who is so unaccommodating to 99% of end-users. In fact, if you want people to like you, you should definitely leave out standard features to make your program arbitrarily difficult to use, especially when implementing said feature takes about a couple hours max and is learned in the first programming class I ever took in high school.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17405194

Reading your post made me have the suddent urge to play Famicom Wars. I don't know why, but I really want to, now.

Mr. Gimmick (Jap version if you like having amazing music)
Just listen to this fucking OST

Wasn't CEMU's latest version supposed to be released publicly today? It's still 1.7.3 on their site

Yeah, memory card saves will work but savestates most likely won't

Mesen, Nestopia or puNES? My biggest concern after actually working is features (fast foward, save states) and non-retarded mouse-compatible interface (fuck Retroarch and its shitty slow ass controller focused interface).

Also what are some good NES games that don't have "Mario" "Zelda" "Megaman" "Castlevania" "Tetris" "Dragon Quest", "Final Fantasy" or "Shatterhand" in their name and don't have superior remakes on some other system? Any good romhacks that give a game entirely different levels or romhacks that make games not worth playing into ones that are?

Nestopia.

Read the fucking thread if you want recommendations you illiterate nigger.

This is a big stretch to ask but I want the a Rom of SMT4 Apocalypse that works in citra to stream but the ones I used didn't work.
This dude claimed someone here managed to have one. Could someone point me to where I could get a Citra working rom?

Mesen is the most feature complete as ar as I know since it has everything the other have plus overclocking.

1fichier.com/?boxd7mbtol

Thank you very much mate.

This is definitely the best NES OST. It's not just 4 or 5 songs that are awesome it's every damn one. Truly a powerhouse of videogame music. I can't think of another game that comes close, maybe Wild Arms 5.

Inexperienced with emulation. Is there any way I can get JP BFM in english subs? Or am I going to have to listen to the most annoying fucking VA work I've heard in months.

As someone who played it around when it was released, A it was excellent compared to some of the other dub efforts, and B it's still better than Musashi Samurai Legend's acting.

I get it. I just really fucking hate it. The princess saying "like" in every other sentence like a teenager made me drop it on the spot. I came back a few months later and toughed it out and found out the game was actually pretty fun. I guess I'll have to bite my lip if there's no alternative. I've been on a binge of old jap games with shitty localization for some reason. Guess that's because I started getting into Action RPG's.

Why Mana games are so broken? I'm playing SD3 at the moment and
At least it isn't like Secret of Mana/SD2 where you have to level up everything. Game looks amazing also.

Not likely, undubs are not an easy thing to do especially on older games maybe if you're extremely lucky just replacing some files from the US disc image then using ECCregen on it could work but I seriously doubt that.
Doesn't seem like there has been any real community effort towards making on which would indicate that it won't be that easy anyways.

Guess I'll kill myself then. I really like almost everything about this game outside of the VA work.

GLORIOUS NIPPON PROGRAMMING
DEBUGGED 1000 TIMES

Lone Ranger
Laser Invasion
Wurm
Felix the Cat
Tecmo World Wrestling

Teen and young adult girls say like all the time you autist. Dub has some character.

Some LibRetro cores need better documentation for Retroarch. Everything reasonably popular works fine, but if you want to use a core for something more obscure, sometimes it just "won't work" for some reason and you're stuck hunting through 3 year old forum posts.
I tried to play some MSX games through RetroArch and just had to give up in frustration.

Some cores in RA are also abandoned and not fully functional so there's that, MSX is one of those.

Most RA cores are very outdated. If it works for you then thats great but I would always recommend standalone emulators over it.
Even stuff like its bsnes fork are heavily outdated.

Just mute it and listen to music :^)

thanks joey

There's barely any reason to use anything past 0.94 to begin with, it's way slower and only fixes edge cases.

Not in the way she enunciates it. And you're missing the fact that it doesn't fit context of the game. Nobody in this era should be talking like that. I get it that it's for comedic effect but I doubt the writing is reflected in this at all. This is about as much character as the memes they put in games these days.

Congrats, you now are realizing how SD3 is a prime example of being overrated tripe that was considered good by the handful of autists that imported the Super Fami cart back in 1995 that horded it over everyone that couldn't play it.

All that shit is just numbers and could be fixed with a revamp patch. In fact, I think a few of the SD3 romhacks fix some of the stat bugs already.

fun puzzlers: Adventures of Lolo (esp. 2 and 3)

off brand Mario / MM / Ninja Gaiden -alikes = Little Nemo / Little Samson / Shadow of the Ninja&Ninja Crusaders

There's a Metroid romhack that makes is so you respawn with full energy instead of almost no energy. Would recommend.
There's a Zelda romhack called "Zelda - The Legend of Link" that is a brand new game, practically in the style of Link's Awakening. It's not very good though :/

The original River City Ransom is still by far the best version of the game and better than any of its sequels.
Metal Storm is good.
Shadowgate.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Zelda II?

Better safe than sorry
I happened to be playing through one of those "edge cases" and all I got in the name of help was autism from its maintainer/creator.

I have a question since there probably are people in this thread who know their shit regarding emulators:
How long until I can play Persona 5 on a PS3 emulator?

a year at minimum

I know SP is a sperg but I'm surprised he would do that on a bug report or even IRC.

You probably already can, if you have an insane CPU (think R7 1800X / 6900k) and you're willing to deal with bugs all over the place.

I want to play Super Wheelchair Mario 64 but it freezes in PJ64 1.6 even with 8mb setting. Help.

why not use the latest version of PJ64?

his spregout on github issues is what repulsed alucaro and the guy who was maintaining the mupenplus core.
A shame really because libretro is a really good idea being held back because of him as he repulses contributors.

nvm it works fine in 1.7

It's a very ambitious romhack, not Adventure of Link.

Only if you hack it yourself. I'm pretty sure no one has done an undub for that yet.

The mana games are just like that. They're quite shit.

Home computer emulation in RA is useless. Use the standalones, in the msx case use Bluemsx.

I want to play it too, but I don't know what's the best way to emulate it.

If this user is still in the thread I got Ratchet and Clank to work by fallowing all the steps in this video.

Need help to get Conker live and reloaded for pc.

I'm surprised no one suggested Little Nemo: The Dream Master and Little Samson

Nigger how fucking new are you

Nigger that's an xbox game theres no emulators for that shit.

So I just found out. Guess I'll have to play the shitty controls version then. Does any of you have an xbone profile for project64?

what about the microsoft store on pc?

Faggots

I already got it you shit.

bump

thanks.
you're a saint

Bumping this question because I would like to know too.

pirate bay

Pretty sure the emulation wiki has the complete step by step on how to grab games from the Nintendo servers directly and make them usable on CEMU, literally no better way to do it.