TFW SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN IS ACTUALLY FUCKING GREAT

TFW SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN IS ACTUALLY FUCKING GREAT

And i never knew.

I just beat the Sinner and went to Hunters Copse and saw pick related by rolling off the ledge above. It's not the best in the series but holy fuck is it better than DS2 in every way and easily as much fun as DS3 if not a little more so thus far.

Anyone else try it? or did you also get put off by DS2?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is OK, not great, I still prefer DaS1 and wish there was an official way to play it at 60FPS.

I like DS1 but played it to death and got sick of it. But oddly Demons and Bloodborne i never tire of. Maybe i just like old gods and lovecraft more than chinese bootleg pantheon stuff.

Better question is why people seem to think the DaS2 DLC is such a step up from the main game. Same gank squads as the base game but with way more poise and really high magic resistance.

Some people REALLY got upset by the whole earthen peak experience.

DaS2 is the worst in the series and from what I know about Scholars, all it did was lazily change enemy positions and didn't fix any of the existing problems. Even graphical glitches that would be piss easy to fix are still in the game.

The level design isn't boring as hell. That's basically all it has going for it.

Is a shame how everything in the DLC was resistant to everything that wasn't physical damage, specially since the new areas had their gimmick, instead of encouraging some gear variety everything had to be tackled the same way, except a few minions.

I still can't get past how fast weapons break. It really kills my fun when I'm more worried about my swords lasting than the fucking boss.

Is there an equivalent of the cute lovecraftian werewolf girl in DaS 3?

Also, is it worth 30 bucks?

Its the most playable game on PC, i give you that.

I mean I can see what they were thinking since playing a caster in the main game made everything retarded easy, but it's not like their solution was better, it just doubles the length of every fight.

I preferred it to DaS3 by a small margin

Who?

did they recycle vicar amelia and i forgot?

God knows every boss in ringed city is a resized reskin of a BB boss.

you mean Vicar Amelia? I guess the Dancer could be considered close

I used to prefer SotFS out of all the games but since the all the DLC's been released for 3 I'm really enjoying it again.

Yep, that's the one, though I meant more aesthetic.

Personally I'd rather play BB considering it's like my dream game (aside from the frame rate), but I'm not about to buy an entire console for one game.

I kept giving DaS2 a chance because I bought the fucking special edition but I couldn't enjoy it as much as the others. It's playable, but that game just has too many issues and the overall design is really uninspired.
Still pissed I got this gay-ass statue of the flagship armor which is completely meaningless, since no character wears it and you get it in the last half of the game.

Making retarded builds is always fun in DS2, especially since you can actually kill people with them

Not bad, but still the worst souls game. Vanilla DS2 was a huge mistake, I hope DS3's ultimate edition this month doesn't nullify vanilla and seperate the playerbase

It should be just DaS3 + All DLC, right?

Kek. I remember when the game first released I used to shit on everyone in the arenas with my dual wield shield build

I don't agree about better enemy placement, it's like they just memed them all over without any thought just to make it mechanicaly harder. It almost feelt like a chore most of the time to mow through them, which I haven't felt that much in other souls games.

Congratulations, OP, you just found out 80% of the hate towards DaS2 after SoTFS is a fucking meme. Most of the criticisms that get thrown around are pretty fucking valid regardless. Strange, for a game that's supposedly the weakest in the series it sure as hell never gets as bad as DaS1 post-Anor Londo(looking at you Izalith) even if it never reaches the same peaks.

I will find you and I will hurt you.

So you think its okay to release a bad version of the game in order to later repackage the same game with balance adjustments and sell it at a premium?

Heck no. Scholar is a fucking deal if you didn't own the game before, but having to pay 20 bucks for what it is if you already owned the base game WITH the fucking DLCs was a dick move on Bamco's part. Shit's basically the reason I have not purchased a Bamco game since except DS3 which I got as a gift.

Then don't say "80% of the hate towards DaS2 after SoTFS is a fucking meme" you fucking autistic piece of shit.

is there an online crack for this similar to the DS3 one?

you're like the third person i see going back to praise Dark Souls 2 after finishing the piece of shit that was Dark souls 3.

face it goons, DaS2 was the best thing from ever did specifically because miyaHACKy wasn't involved.

Did they fix the hitboxes?
Did they fix the broken multiplayer?
Did they fix the fact that the games story is shit
Did they fix the retarded soul memory shit?
Did they fix the fact that the world map overlaps itself?
Did they fix the awful idea of linking iframes to a stat?
Did they fix the fact they linked framerate to weapon durability?

No, because the game uses a Demon's Souls-ish server system.

No to all those, but they did put a dragon in Heide's tower so that's gotta count for something, right?

they did fix weapon durability if I recall correctly.

is there any way to play online with pirated copies?
i wanted to do a coop playthrough with a friend but it looks thats not possible

i think so, all souls games have shit hitboxes, it has to do with the fact you're playing online, play offline and it'll work fine
see above, who cares?
every souls game has shit story, you talk as if DaS1 and 3 were literary masterpieces, nothing makes sense, the world is fucked, and you fight a pointless battle, thats every souls game story in a nutshell
not sure about this one, but since its online shit, who cares?
again who cares? "TIME AND SPACE ARE CONVOLUTED GOY I DONT HAVE TO WRITE A GOOD STORY :^) t.miyazaki"
thats an actually great idea, not like iframes really matter, i played through the game 4 times and never had a problem with playing at 10 agi or whatever that stat was called
that's another great idea, carry more than 1 weapon you faggot, the hardcore Kings Field/shadow tower/Eternal Rings/Forsaken Kingdom way. in das1 and 3 weapons are literally fucking indestructible and that takes fun away from the game, whats the point of picking up weapons when you can beat the entire game using the astora straight sword and never EVER have to repair/change it?

They sort of fixed FPS related issues like hitboxes and durability. They set the base frame rate to 60, and made it that small frame rate fluctuations no longer cause hitboxes to go insane as much, but capping the framerate via external means to for example 30 will actually cause the game to go into easy mode.
Also soul Memory also got a lot more lenient.

It's not SotFS, it's the update.
If you play on PS3 or Xbox 360 you will get the older version, with less mobs and no wivern before the old dragonslayer bossfight.
If you play it anywhere else you'll get the added stuff.

Vanilla DS2 was a shitfest and deserves to be trashed because of how shit the final build was graphically compared to what they showed in the trailers and beta release. I played the multiplayer beta and when I saw the final build I got pissed because of how bad the quality was and FromSoft didn't even tell their customers about the downgrade so I didn't purchase it.
That said I purchased DS2 SotFS recently and it is a good buy if you can get it for under $15 (preferably $10).
If you purchased DS2 at launch, bought the DLC, and then bought SotFS, you have no right to complain about it because you are obviously too stupid and deserve to get bent by "not miyazaki" for being a good goy.

I've noticed that DS2 gets a lot better if you just ditch lock-on completely.
Two handing a greatsword and rolling around like a madman is pretty fun, but trying to play it like DS1 sucks dick.

Only if the world and level design wasn't such total garbage. The Earthen Peak / Iron Keep transition made me quit my first playthrough completely, it made me so fucking mad.

let me guess, you quit a second time when you found out that you couldn't get to drangleic castle because of a knee-high pile of rubble?

there's also the Heide tower of flame, i never see anyone complain about this one, did you quit in this area too? because when you enter, you look back and see an infinite sea disregard the fact that about 50 feet ago you were in Majula, but NOPE there's an endless ocean now! and this somehow ruins the entire game!

man you guys quit games for the dumbest of reasons. what if instead of a pile of rubble they put a cloud of orange gas/lightbarrier like they did in dark souls 1, would that be acceptable?

also i hacked the FROM servers and found these Exclusiveâ„¢ Level design Documents

How could you draw that and think it makes sense?

No, I didn't quit there because at that point I had already accepted that DS2 is not a true Dark Souls sequel.

One of the things DS1 got so right was the layout and design of the world, where everything made consistent sense and wrapped into itself neatly. For example you can see all the way to blighttown from Firelink shrine. DS2 on the other hand is just a mess of individual levels loosely connected by shoddily made area portals. It shows an absolute disregard for the quality of the game or just massive incompetence.

sure user, if it helps you sleep at night

because SPACE AND TIME are CONVOLUTED user :^))))))

This is the closest thing I have to a Dark Souls thread, so I'll sob here.

Dark Souls 3's biggest dissapointment for me was just how badly they regressed the weapons and movesets; it's absolutely vulgar how pitiful they did after Dark Souls 2 completely revamped the system in which movesets were made, completely eliminating the need for things like static basic moves across weapon types.

The more I look into that shit, the more depressing it becomes with how little it was even utilized in DaS2, let alone it being completely dropped for a WORSE version of DaS1's weapon/moveset system because it's a branch off of BB. There was room for things like unique attacks depending on how you alternated weapons when dual wielding, and certain weapon type combinations having unique attacks and followups, along with even more interesting shit for PVPfags like directional attacks. There was a ridiculous amount of room for creativity and variety in every weapon's toolkit and it went untouched and forgotten after all the effort to make it.

I'm okay with powerstancing being removed though.

Its like pottery.

Did you say endless lakes ?

So is it fair to assume you think Frigid Outskirts is better than Izalith?

I knew you'd be back OP

And because you can respec as much as you want.

Why the fuck did they limit it in 3?

Dark Souls 3 is almost the worst game in the series if the base DS2 didn't exist.

I could go on and on but the poor pc only users that missed Bloodborne got fucking shafted. Bloodborne is not the series height in most respects but atmosphere, soundtrack, enemy designs and story make DS3 a step down in every regard.

I sold it but my friend whos a fanboy of enb and religiously plays it still gushed and showed me the ringed city dlc and at the first boss he was going "LOOK THIS IS LIKE NOTHING YOU HAVE SEEN RIGHT???"

Dark Souls 3 is not a very good game. Irithyll was gorgeous but even then it was no Yarnham.

do you really need to respect more than 3 times?

also, its not infinite in DaS2 iirc, you need an item that can only be found/bought in limited quantities.

If you want to play in more than 3 ways per playthrough, yes.

Git gud
Git gud
Read a book
No
Literally doesn't matter unless you're autistic
That's a great idea, it enforces you to think better about builds
No

Nigger, you clearly see Majula from the Tower of Flame area. The problem in that area is that you climb out of a tunnel that goes in the sea for some reason.

Can you refresh my memory? I dont think I ever noticed enemy quantity except for one trap with basilisks.

Dark Souls > Demons Souls > Bloodborne > DS2 > DS3

why would you do that? people generally find a style they like and stick with it until the end.

some people pick huge weapons, others go with magic, others simply play efficiently ie sword+shield, or stylishly lol dual scythes so CUHRAYZEE you don't switch gameplay styles 5 times during the same playthrough.

i think he's bitching about NG+, where there are extra red phantom versions of the enemies.

what a miyazaki drone, DaS2 was the ONLY NG+ in the whole series to actually have something different, an extra spice, on it.
every other NG+ in the whole series was nothing but "hurr +health +defense +attack for every enemy", while DaS 2 added an extra challenge with the red phantoms, it was almost like playing blind again because you never knew where they'd jump from, like during the Sinner boss fight, now that was a fucking surprise.

You may want to do it when going into NG+ etc.

Maybe because I'm not you.

It rivals 1 in quality.

3 is the one that is genuinely flawed. There's just something fundamentally broken about that game, including the atmosphere, pve, pvp, etc.

Thank you. No idea why DaS2 gets a lot of shit for things that are even more offensive in DaS3. It's way more of a rehash of the DaS1 lore than 2 was. It's way more guilty of the muh hardcore marketing that 2 was. It's way more guilty of infinite-stamina-infinite-poise gank squads than 2 was.

BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2 > DaS3

This was probably the biggest disappointment for me PvE wise. Often it felt like a square peg and round hole situation where the game expected you to move at a pace similar to Bloodborne despite Dark Souls' mechanics not being too conducive to that end.

Whoever came up with the covenants, and especially the redundancies, needs to be executed.
Two blue babysitters, two area defenders, two invaders. It's inexcusable.
Darkmoons should be what they were, "good guy" invaders who invade people with sin. There's even a fucking Velka statue to account for sin being a thing, but nope let's just have a ton of people going for the same covenant items to get a decent miracle buff so that virtually everyone who gets invaded can have their hand held. Doubly so since you can change your covenant on the fly as a host even during online interactions.
Aldrich Faithful and Watchdogs should have been combined into one, especially since Watchdogs' grounds are usually blitzed through before a watchdog has time to be summoned and track down their mark.
Moundmakers should have the goal of either killing the boss like a normal co-op phantom or killing the host. Killing x phantoms or the host is hardly even its own distinct covenant from Rosaria's.

Covenants in previous games left something to be desired, but covenants in DaS3 are so fucking idiotic that it makes me angry.

BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2 = DaS3

Fucking what? Most of the core gameplay flaws in DaS3 can be traced into BB.

It's better than DS2, but you can really only polish a turd so much.

And it worked remarkably well in BB, but forks make bad spoons.

dude, you get 5 whole respecs, how many more stat distributions could you possibly do in a single playthrough?

also, when you're like level 200 and in ng+3 it doesn't even matter, you have so many stat points that you're a JOAT that can equip and do anything.

also iirc, respeccing in dark souls 3 costs 1 Pale Tongue, that means you can't do it unless you join rosaria and invade, the game has very limited spawns of pale tongues.

DaS2 > power gap > DeS >= DaS > DaS3 > dogshit >= BB

are souls threads the new final fantasy threads?

DaS3 was badly designed, like they forgot everything they did with the previous 4 games.

Shadow Tower series > KF series > Babby Souls series > Babbyborne

They arent flaws in BB because they are mechanics made for that. The "dash in, dash out" gameplay makes omnidirectional movement and parrying important. They tried to bring that speed to fantasy sword and board in a game where you have multiple roll speeds and a far larger weapon set that makes it much harder to make enemies consistent beyond "just make them spam for fucking ever in an endless combo" and it simply does not work.

Not really. I see a lot of people compare the ferocity of DaS3's enemies to BB but I don't get how anyone sees a parallel unless they really bought into the BB marketing. BB enemies still had obvious windups and cooldowns to their attacks and wouldn't constantly rush you, they would stay back and give space and wouldn't spam the same combo over and over the way DaS3 enemies do. More than half of them aren't even fast. It also helps that most trick weapons have an expanded form which can deal with mobs of enemies, and BB quicksteps give you way more range and have less stamina consumption than Souls rolls do.

Nigger please

Yea thats why I never bothered with NG+ in the games. I did do one das2 one though because I heard it changed some stuff.

That's pretty much the reason for respecs. Being limited to five per playthrough is just annoying, it serves no purpose.

In what sense?

The comparisons are mostly in regards to bosses and NPCs as opposed to run of the mill enemies. No one is under the impression that the average enemy is relentlessly on top of you.

I don't remember a whole lot of bosses in DaS3 with limbs that could be crippled or anything like that. Seemed like mostly they were either big dudes with dual-wielding fire and magic swords or two DaS1 bosses mashed together. Or gank squads. What about NPCs?

That's not related to speed at all, not sure what you're saying. The comparisons to bosses and NPCs are the pressure they put on you and some of their combo lengths and movesets that require a large degree of dodging and the like.
By NPCs I mean those special humanoid enemies like other hoonters that don't respawn and are generally playing by the same rules as the player.

Because it was made with ds2 engine in mind, not ds2 beta engine. So it looks better in general. It was nice crawling experience with lots of levers and mechanics. Compared to base game where you just mostly run past everything. Hell it felt even bigger than base game.

Ds2 had best working netcode in series.
Kind of but not really.

Also mimics. Every(like 2/3) of chests are mimics. That ruins the whole point.

Every npc migrated from demons souls.
You can smack dancer ass and it wiggles. You also can cripple old asylum demon.

Well sure but those types of bosses aren't really representative of all of BB's content, things like Ebrietas or Rom or Micolash aren't very fast or aggressive at all. May as well make the comparison to Artorias or Manus or any of the other AotA bosses, that's when the bosses in the series really got aggressive.

Oh I thought you meant people like Arianna, I would have called hostile NPCs red phantoms

Ah right, I forgot about that one

and Nier Automata even made the Dancers ass a runner up. DS3 excels at nothing now.

1. those ganks have been around since Demons Souls. You just notice it in 2 more because the game is more punishing for bad rolls and missed swings
2. DaS2 was mostly an ugly game. The DLC's weren't ugly.
3. DaS2 was like a bug sequence of linear corridors. The DLC's were not as linear
4. DaS2 did not was not challenging at end game. The DLC's were challenging at the end game

Come on, there is no time in DeS where they will make you fight more than two or three truly dangerous enemies at a time. A group of slow-moving, weak, blind miners is not a "gank"

You're absolutely right, but this sort of pressure and demand for a much higher speed is what is generally being referred to (at least for me) when the comparison to BB is made. Otherwise you're exactly right and I agree with you.
For a fight like Artorias, I'd say that's the sweet spot of speed demanded for Dark Souls. Same with Gael. They're not too relentless or require excessive dodging. They're fast but not inappropriately so, and I know that's subjective but at least to me they strike me as appropriately fast and made specifically with the restrictions and mechanics of Dark Souls in mind.

Fuck off, OnlyAfro, stop shilling for the B-team

Is Fromsoft being self aware ?
I actually just chuckled when this dropped.

What's self-aware about it? It's well-known by now that poise only affects hyper armor.
A more self-aware item description would be the Calamity Ring.

get out

Poise is partially fixed now - it acts as super-armor on heavy weapon swings and 2-hand swings or some garbage. I don't know how it works, and I didn't feel like watching the 45 minute video trying to explain it.

In practice the other night, while 2-handing my Ledo greathammer, I got constantly hit-stunned out of my attack animations with less than 30 poise. Between 30 and 40, I would get hit-stunned out of my attack animations by heavy hits and 2-hand hits only. Above 40 poise, none of my swings could be stopped.

No matter what my poise value, I was always hitstunned to shit if I got hit while not locked into an attack animation.

1. All weapons have about 1-2 feet of phantom range. This is not lag compensation.
2. Damage calculation is the similar to DaS and BB which means anything with split damage is absolute garbage. This makes about 70% of all builds pretty much unviable unlike DAS 2 (one of the good things about it)
3. Rolling has the same amount of iframes for

in that they're pointless shitflinging about power rankings where everyone is wrong except me

Yeah, but mostly by abusing mechanics. You cant stun anyone, everyone is nigh invulnerable versus everything but physical damage, you cant block anything, because every block almost depletes your whole stamina bar.

Basically attacks give you poise at the same window you can be parried~. So while you attacking you can tank attacks.
Also amount of poise. You can either tank one hit with your poise or no hits. Or you can tank 2 hits and this means you can tank any amount of hits(from same attack).

No they not. Its just synchronization problems.
They buffed speed of heavy weapons.
Unlike every single game in series? I remember people saying that ability to parry spells was OP because you can completely ignore spell projectile damage if you do it with perfect timing!

you can literally block the entire game away with a Gyrms greatshield, or the good ol' Havels greatshield.

Have you even read this thread you cocksucking mongoloid? People are actively discussing and supporting their arguments with good points while your retarded ass goes and cries about "muh pointlessness". What the fuck do you think this board is for?

The man hasn't been able to shitpost for three straight days, give him a break

Getting the shitposting out of my system so I don't shitpost on the couple of boards that aren't overrun by leddit and the underaged.

Nigger, test that shit out yourself. You hit shit you sword doesn't even touch.

In the previous games, small shields could still block things and not get staggers. Now blocking with a small shield just block stuns until it breaks. Setup parris are shit with shields and the better method is to use the monastery scimitar 2.0 aka the Caestus

sure is convenient that we got hacked, so you can dish my counter arguments to a "concentrated" need to shitpost. nigger if i wanted to shitpost i'd go to a switch thread. most of the posts i replied to were silly complaints about trivial things that were never a problem, and the ones that were got fixed with DLC and the schlomo of the first shekel update.

during my DaS2 playthroughs i've always used small shields (particularly the drangleic shield, the one you find in the debris under The Pursuer boss fight) until i was able to farm for a better one which is roughly halfway through the game) and that one blocks nearly everything, with a mere 60 in stability. of course you NEED to boost your stamina stat, but thats a given. Gyrms great has like 85 at +10, and Havels has like 90 at +5, i might be a little off on the numbers here though.

i dont understand why would anyone say "you can't block anything", sounds like you're playing wrong, using the wrong shields, and not having enough points in the right stats.

also what do you mean blockstuns? first time i hear this term used.

Oh I didnt know there was a fix. I thought they were just laughing by throwing in a +3 of a ring that is literally useless.

I dont think so man, at least not until this fix user mentioned. I did quite a few hours in PvP in this game and noticed no difference whether I was in rags or Havels.

Mostly
Depends on what you mean.
You know they can't
Agape Ring, shit fix but it works
You know they can't
Learn to fuckin dodge m8. Also no.
Yes.

DeS = BB > DaS > DaS3 >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>> war >>>>>>> famine >>>>>>> DaS2

So is Drangleic in the same world as Lordran/Lothric, an alternate dimension or a parallel universe?

DaS3 implies that they're all in the same world.

Same world, different country.
Or maybe same country, but eons laters. I remember actually reading eons in the item description of DaS2. Enough time has passed for geological changes to happen.

It's definitely the same "world" as Lothric/Lordran since Mirrah armor is in DaS3. Whether Drangleic is Lordran or someother land known by a different name in DaS or a completely new land altogether I'm not so sure.

Personally I take DaS2 lore with a huge grain of salt when it comes to how it relates to the series as a whole, as it does it's own thing for the most part.

i played the game not too long ago and still it's boring as fug game. Weapons feel like they don't enough oomph sound wise. armor fashion is good. The characters and lore is meh. Overall it's ok game for one playthrough

It's alright.
Sunken City is still the highlight of the game for me, but it also makes areas like earthen peak and undead crypt kind of fun, impressive considering how much they sucked in vanilla.

But we shouldn't pretend that everything after demons and dark wasn't a shitty cash-in. The time and effort that went into making 2 and 3 should have been spent on just one good game.

SotFS is really good and underrated. If the DLC dungeons had been part of the main game instead of being, well, DLC, then it would have been viewed much more favorably instead of being saddled with Vanilla DkS2's admittedly deserved reputation.

It also had my favorite selection of armors.

Pic very much related.

Did you even play DaS1? Medium shields there peaked out at just under 70 stability, and that's for fully upgraded black/silver knight shields. Similarly, in DaS2, mediums go to somewhere around 60 stability, and that's supposed to be A LOT. For comparison, you could still block an attack with a small shield like a Targe or Buckler in DaS1 without getting guard broken from many enemies. Then again, stamina regen is so sluggish in DaS2 that playing a block-reliant build is just an exercise in frustration, which is why I ALWAYS go 2-hand or weapon + fast parry shield (like cleric's parma, I really like the pomf from spell parry effect).

still, "you cant block anything" is a retarded statement that only a bad player would make.

get more stamina
equip chloranty ring
equip ring of favor and protection everyone equips this ring regardless of build, so why wouldn't you?
get an xbox hueg shield

there, now you're blocking everything like a champ.

It's actually actually Dank Seouls 2: Electric Fanfic Boogaloo Remix

I got pure bladestone after 95 runs.
I'm pretty happy ^^

This took me over 200 tries. Fuck you.

I was doing it with a friend to maximize efficiency.
He got 65 done so we did a total of 170.

You are correct. Even with their improved graphics they advertised for SoTFS, they failed to fix the basic texture and geometry issues base DaS2 suffered from. A good example is the area before the reskinned Quelaag boss.

this one is new to me, what are you referring to exactly?

I've just always complained about fucking bland most of DS2 was with its giant boring empty cube rooms and hallways. For all its faults I think DS3 at least filled the world better in an organic way, similar to what DS1 did.

10/10, would sit around until the wee hours of the morning talking wildly with

as the rumors are told is Tanimura basically saved that game. And yes I agree after all the tweaks and patches DkS2 turned out to be pretty gud.

I get tiered of Demon's now but that's because I've already SL1'd the game and platinumed it. Having to farm for the Pure darkmoon stone will burn anyone out. But as far as aesthetics and lore Demon's is probably the best. BB is great but it wasn't until the Old Hunters DLC did it become my top choice.

It absolutely tried to fix the existing problems. However their is only so much you can do to figuratively polish a turd. Things like SM where fundamentally broken so the best you could hope for was a bandage fix. But they offered solutions.
agape ring, while not a great fix it helps especially if you like to help people with bosses for some co-opt pve
better enemy, NPC and item placement that help tell a "deeper" story as well as tweaked item descriptions that tie everything together a bit better.
not really fully fixed unfortunately but improved
implemented more dark areas and made sconces into a more functional mechanic
including the fragrant branch of yore as a starting item as well as earlier places to find branches (more branches too). They also the Dull Ember is much earlier optional path so you don't waste as much time getting locked into upgrading a boring starter weapon.
The long and short of it is ultimately not worth it if you already own the original with the DLC on PC in my opinion. But if you own the shitty PS3 version or the PC version without DLC then its defiantly worth picking up because its without a doubt the definitive version (or pick up the game for free). I won a copy of the PS3 and bought a copy of the PC version because I was holding out hope that the PC version was going to be better and was honestly really salty.
My issues with dark souls 2 tormented me, I had reluctantly put way to much emotions into this franchise being a cancerous fanboi because I was so pissed that it wasn't great. At first and refused to pick up the DLC. When SoTFs came out they had a 50% discount to people who owned the original. So the game was roughly $30 with was worth the price of DLC imho, so I picked up the "remake" and I have to say I actually really enjoy it even thought some of the fundamentals are still a bit fucked up.

did you post that image because you're the one that won the contest to get your shield into the game?

i liked ds2 better then ds3

what i really valued in ds2 is item and build variety
in that regard 3 looks like a shitty clone of 2, with same downsides that 2 has minus soul memory

perhaps

I think you are fibbing user

I also never understood this. I never found casters outside of Demon's Souls in any of the games easier to play because of how slow spells often take to cast and the stat requirements. In every game the easiest build is actually pure Strength/Vitality/Endurance. Pure Str weapons often have a way higher AR in terms of Damage per second and rolling is the most effective way to avoid all damage. Where as rolling for a mage interrupts the spell. Sure in DkS2 because of SM people could have unrestricted builds so they could be both a Str build and a Caster/tank build in pvp making them Godly but that was an issue with matchmaking. The only other time I remember casters be over powered was Lighting Spear on release and Hexes before they were nerfed into oblivion. I honestly don't get this "caster is easy mode" meme.

There are a lot of ways to speed up casting time in DaS2 and not playing melee means you don't have to deal with most of the tracking and hitbox problems. Don't know what to tell you, I've played a caster in DeS, DaS, and DaS2 and for all of them it's a cakewalk.

Dark Souls 2 vanilla straight up has more bosses than Dark Souls 1 with a larger number of non humanoid bosses.

Doesn't necessarily imply more variety
That is just plain false.

3 more years until Bloodborne PC

what went wrong with base ds2

i have 1+k hours in dark souls 2 and around 400 in dark souls 3
im not playing ds3 because its boring and dlcs were huge disappointment, there is nothing to do there
yet i still play ds2 on return to drangleic event
also, magic is unusable garbage in 3

don't you think you are in some way refuting yourself with this statement?
:^)

I think it's more that people interested in Dark souls 2 played it earlier and it was fucking trash.

Shut your whore mouth. I've played them in order, and while the level design in DaS2 was quite the disappointment, the gameplay still was fun and the atmosphere was in ways even better than in 1. And while not even DaS3 is pure shit, it's by far the most disappointing one, and consider that it's compared to DaS2. They could've literally

Either of you have that "Micolash is Sundowner" theory pic?

(checked)
why do you feel compelled to lie user?

nice meme

but i don't think i'll launch dark souls 3 ever again
maybe if fromsoft fix it
alas, knowing them it's never going to happen, ever

I think you kids are taking your "dork sewlls 2 was the best game ever" gag a bit too far.

I never tried it. I had no idea it was like a full game mod. I thought it was just some shitty 15 minute add on level with a new boss.

SOMEBODY SAVEEEEE MEEEE

Man, Dark Souls 2 had the best PvP and character creator by far.
I fine crafted so many waifu's in that game. Das3 is a pain in the ass to make attractive people.

Just hug him man. Stay close. Punish his charged attacks, his leap attacks and horizontal swings. Also, use a UGS with a thrust R2 and primarily focus on R2 pokes. The stagger is a big bonus, a couple times in my fight with him the stagger saved me from taking damage.

In hind sight, now that DS3 has turned out to be shit I guess ds2 is alright. It's dlc sort of makes up for it's awful main quest.

What I dislike about DS2 is just the sheer amount of NPC summons and invaders. Like, you had just a handful of those in DS1, and each one made sense and had a cool backstory with unique weapons/armor, and most of them had a quest of sorts attached. In DS2, they might as well be players.
I like how they act like players though, that was cool.

So is the Great Scythe supposed to be an under powered piece of shit in 3? I got it refine to 5 or 6 or something and it's like a pea pod despite me having decent dexterity to scale with the weapon.

Complimenti.

Most of my DS2 waifus ended up wearing a full helmet. No matter how much time spent customizing, royal swordsman set is too sexy.

but user Str builds are easy mode.

look me a week and a half of farming 2hours every day after work.

faster than light

Then go quality, like me.
By the end of the game I was using the Murakumo. Everyone said it was shit, but now after the patch, my Refined Murakumo +10 is the fastest curved Greatsword and I am still owning with it.

I killed Gael exactly like said
with the good old MLGS and 12 STR (and 60 INT).

I really miss the Meat Cleaver.

Astora UGS. It's a Dex weapon. :^)

What the fuck is the point of the Fume UGS ? Its not even close to being the most damaging, it weighs a metric fuck ton, costs a fuck load to upgrade, its literally worthless now. Unless because of the S scaling it gets better at 50+ Str, its trash can tier now.

Also,
I dont know why me from a couples months ago would have thought just skipping the Cursed Greatwood was a good idea.

Accurate.

As long as you can keep him doing his melee attacks, you can just continually pummell his shit. The last time I was in there I got him all the way down without even needing an Estus chug, then he just starts flying around the stage and doing that bullshit laser attack every 5 seconds and you cannot get back into melee range.
Yeah, thats enough dark souls for today.

Just go back and kill it.

When he starts up his laser attack, run off to his right since its his blind spot, after he's done doing the attack he'll be weak enough to land 5-6 hits in

Run off to his left*, you're supposed to run to the right

I'd say DaS 2 is my second favorite of the Souls games, the first being Demon's. It may be full of faults, but the gameplay is top notch. I can forgive it's asinine level progression in favor of it having its own identity, something DaS 3 sorely lacks.

DaS 2, especially SOTFS, has such a massive amount of replayability, and if you're a PvPfag, it's got the best in the series bar none.

I spent an entire summer farming for hours daily to get Pure Bladestone. Went through about 100 different albums to try and dull the pain farming that piece.

Find your favorite and enjoy~

I have two endgame characters that can access the DLC. My first one is a Quality Build using the Lucerne. It was good back when I first played the game at release but it seems the Lucerne is absolutely shit now. I have been messing around with a few different Quality Build weapons and I might have to check out the Murakumo. I've been using the Black Knight Sword with 542 AR at 40/40 but it's boring. My other character was a pure Str build and it was way easier

its not split damage and I have over 704AR with two handing and 730AR with the Lloyd's Sword Ring its not trash at all user.

Whats your strength level ?
Because at 50, my Fume +5 has 583 AR while my Profaned has 617 AR and when I do the boost the Profaned goes up to 712 clearly outclassed.

I've been giving DaS2 a second chance after being sorely disappointed with it when it came out and I've made it farther than I ever have in this game with the new character. And I'm just not having fun, it's mostly the combat which just feels really clunky in a way. I don't really care about PvP so that might be why I don't enjoy it as much.

If you haven't already, put a ton of points into agility.

I have 20 points in it so far.

Wew, just found probably the best way to kill Midir.

Offhand the Lothric War Banner and use Wolf Knight Greatsword, thank god I hand that thing fully upgraded. It does about 500 damage per swing. And right towards the end of the fight, I did enough damage to his head, that he got put in a ripostable animation. Ripped his shit. First time I tried this method and it worked like a fucking charm. After rage quitting this fight yesterday, first try in today I decided to switch it up.

Also, I hit print screen instead of F12, this screenshot was supposed to be me doing "Quiet Resolve" as Midir died, would have been bad ass. Mind you as well, this is on a NG+7 or more character so the damage output is quite significant.

I'm pretty sure these were supposed to be semi equivalent to literary transitions more than anything else. It was supposed to be these huge distances you crossed and got around to get to these different areas. While the elevator in the Peak had no real sense for being only vertical to get to where we were supposed to go at the Iron Keep they were just transition areas to incredibly different vistas. While it doesn't excuse shitty level design there's at least some reason to those tunnels and elevators. I mean, you can only use giant bird takes you somewhere so much.

DaS2 is horribly broken in many ways, but power stancing makes up for most of its flaws.
Also, being able to easily farm infinite souls in the late game is a plus in my book, especially since enemies don't respawn

That's some good fashion souls, neighbor. What is the loadout for all that?

The biggest problem with DS2 lore is the NG+ boss souls you can get that are blatantly the Lord Souls from Dark Souls 1, even though they've been offered to the fire and were consumed. Old King Soul, Old Paledrake Soul, Old Witch Soul, and Old Dead One's Soul.

I thought somewhere it was confirmed that The Rotten was the King of Shulva, but I can't find any evidence of that online.

Iron Helm
Alva's Chest
Nameless Gauntlets
Nameless Legs

Thanks friendo.

Check it yourself faglet

Join the covenant of champions

Why are these retarded threads still acceptable

I always forget about that covenant. Very useful for farming armour pieces and whatnot

It barely has more, 12 instead of 9, and that's paltry considering it has more than twice as many humanoid bosses. It's definitively less variety.

What the fuck is with the DLC enemies' health?
99 STR with +10 smelter hammers, power stanced, and yet I barely scratch most of the bosses. Are you supposed to do the DLC is NG+ alone or some shit?

I would have cared if they tried to fix gameplay, but they didn't.

Dark Souls is fairly good. Not as great (or hard) as plebs make it out to be, but saying it isn't good is to lack objectivity or to be contrarian.

with the Knight's Ring my Str is 60, only 12 dex for using a bow if necessary SL110. I think they rebuffed the Fume UGS after the last patch are you basing the AR on the latest regulation? Because for the longest time after they initially nerfted it the Fume was shit.

interesting idea, I'll have to check it out.

DaS3 artbook, in case anyone's interested. Not the best quality and a shame that the two-page illustrations are separate but it's serviceable.

mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

Thanks.

Decided to make April SoulsBorne (sorry) month. Already finished DeS and nearly finished DaS. I have to play BB when I can as I don't have the PS4 to myself. Going to try DSII again and hopefully it is more enjoyable this time around.

How the fuck am I supposed to beat Fume Knight if this shit constantly happens.

git gud

Not related to the thread but i have nowhere to ask.
What's a good new game plus to stop playing Demon's Souls?
I got into New Game +(1) and the game is brutal.
Most things oneshot me i got 10 vit and i'm absolutely loving it, but i heard after that it becomes tame.

NG+ makes enemies do 40% more damage to you. Every game after NG+ adds 5% onto that indefinitely. You can get absolutely destroyed beyond a certain point. At least, that is what I have read, most I've ever done is two or three playthroughs.

So, do Bloodborne and Dark Souls share a same universe now, or what?
I'm aware that's a silly statement, but I kinda hoped for more closure after you gave the literal fucking Dark Soul to Priscilla's daughter/Velka/Ocelotte/Oeden/Kevin Bacon/ur waifu.
Is it just a sequel hook in case they ever decide to pick the series up again?

You can tell some of these design works were either done near the end of development or after. You can also tell many others were held back from being published. One art piece in particular is a modified version of an in game screenshot that was leaked, you know the ones where it was hinted you could make your own bonfires out of bodies. The other is the absence of Wolnir in that room that we saw in one of the earlier trailers. It's all good seeing this stuff but I would have loved to have seen development changes thrown in as well.

I will say this it's a damn shame Wolnir wasn't designed the way he is in the design works. He and his skeleton soldiers have a ghostly/spirit look about them, almost as if the design was meant to be in the spirit of the Four Kings. There is also to consider there was four fires to put out instead of three in Farron's Keep as you can see one for each of the four lords.

It's symbolism
You're giving up the ruined remains of the Dark Soul(s 1) so that its foundation can be used to make something new

After spending the past three days fighting literally nothing but ultra-greatswords, I'm really stating to miss the variety of ds2.

what the fuck, I had this thread open in another tab like five minutes ago and it said that the thread was deleted or pruned.

Yeah, I get that. It's their way to say "We're done here", and I'm glad they made the cut.
I've just hoped for a bit more fluff after you gave the franchise's eponymous McGuffin to some random-ass though admittedly cute girl.
Something like "gj man, now everybody can finally fucking die, see you in the next painting btdubs".
I mean, that old geezer came out of nowhere and was hell-bent to travel to literally the end of the world to collect all the thingies for that girl, you'd figure she'd be someone important.

DS2 is boring as fuck, either get speedy like bloodborne and have an awesome atmosphere or bring back actual good level design and great atmosphere from DaS1. Nioh is cool too I guess

Fucking faggot I bet you try to parry

BB > DaS1 > DS > DaS3 > SotFS (the DaS2 we were promised) > Drake and the 99 dragons > DaS2

Dark Souls 3 is already easy, why do you need to make it even easier?

The ringed city DLC is not easy.

was he red pilled ?

Iron Keep is a giant stone bowl of lava that floats in the sky