April Fools Day/Hacking Aftermath thread

>No GOOD april fools day content Except Bayonetta apparantly getting a PC release

Fuck April Fools day. What have you been playing during the downtime? I played a shitton of dying light

Other urls found in this thread:

secretworldlegends.com/
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been shitposting on /sudo/ pretending to be Holla Forums and Holla Forums. I also played some EDF 4.1 with chill japs through the weekend.

BADA BING BADA BOOM
Get that black guy outta my room!

Excuse me, what?

I've been modding and playing Dragon Age Origins.It's been years since i played that game, i forgot how good it is.

Also been shitposting on Burch/v/, goddamn what a shithole.

he's talking about this.

I wish I had never asked.

Been playing Ys 7. That music is superb.

The Rick and Morty prank was pretty funny, even though I don't really like the show myself.

KOJIMA

Megaman 3 on the gameboy

76chan posting with /sp/. playing not monster hunter 2.

I hope you're not playing as a filthy blood mage.

Good god why the hell would they think this was a good idea?

Jesus Christ, you can feel the lack of effort.

I've been binge-watching shitloads of political streams trying to fill the Holla Forums void in my life while playing comfy autism simulators.

The DK Rap was bad in an endearing and funny way. This is just cringey and awful.

why just why

What part of spraying your enemies with acid blood do you not enjoy?

The intro was promising, after that my spine snapped from the cringe

Wind Waker HD. It's quite something to have a band of discount forest spirits from Princess Mononoke play and sing an Irish jig for you. In a Japanese game.

Christ on a crutch.

i got banned meanwhile

Me and my brother were home from uni so we played fightans all weekend.

Fucking weebs, man, I swear.

It's worse than I thought. How the fuck do you do that?

How can you make something ironically shit this unironically bad?

man, this shit's more forced than prom night in Pakistan.

I bet you liked Inquisition you fag.

webm please

the DK rap was supposed to be fun for children, this is supposed to be fun for manchildren who backed this

HE

Even the Horny rap is better than this.

How can anyone ever beat Dan Bull? That wigga actually is autistic.

I didn't really care about this before but now I'm in favor

they will thanks too memes you faggot
you aren't even using the term millennial right ffs the term you're looking for is gen z

Why play a disgusting mage when I can be a dwarf noble warrior?

Silvagunner's april fools rip gave me a smile, and Enter the Gungeon's been pretty fun to play the past few days. I've made it to the Lich a few times, but I just keep on choking on the secomd phase agains the vertical attacks. Really fun, but I wish I could start a run from floor 5 and have even a vague chance of surviving the 6th floor just to save time.

i'm not falling for it

How terrible.

At least Yooka is still fuckable as fuck

The quality of this is too high for what it is.

There's nothing sexy about a balding lizard with six kilometres between his eyes.

t. someone without a six kilometer wide dick

Also

I don't really see anything attractive about that balding chameleon.

That's bad, but THIS is forced.

Why do you guys say he's balding?
It's a lizard
Niggas dont have hair

oh boy

Webm.
I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know how bad it is.

Yes, but those fringes make it look like it's balding, and Yooka looks more of an axolotl.

It's very simple.

This bothers the fuck out of me

When the DK rap was being made, effort was clearly put into it and whoever was actually making it clearly knew how bad and campy it was.
This shit however is the opposite. They literally just took the beat and changed the words. No effort was put in and whoever made it probably thought it was going to be the greatest thing ever and everyone would love it. By trying to imitate the original as closely as possible, they ended up with something as far away as possible.

was
an ebin prank or is that for real?
also, yeah, april fools was retarded. why would you take down an imageboard for 4 days for a fucking april fools prank?

"SEGA’s favourite Umbran Witch climaxes her way onto PC in pixelated retro glory – for free!

Features:

Jumping!
Double jumping!
Shooting!
Scoring!
Achievements!
Wicked chip-tune Bayonetta theme song!"

The game achievements lead to a site with a countdown timer to Bayo's birthday(I think), so I don't really see how it could be anything other than Bayo1

Rick and Morty season 3 episode 1 aired on April the 1st. Good enough for me.

Also check out the dank OC I've made while Holla Forums was down but I wasn't aware since the boards shown up anyway.

After the last one, that's kind of okay. They're trying way too hard to be funny.

that Videlectrix lets play was pretty good though.

Is that source engine? The scenery reminds me of my hammer rooms

Learn from the profesisonals, kids.

That's stupid, but the guy at least has a better idea of what rap is than anyone at hipstertronic, and he has more energy too.

The same could be said about the product as a whole.

Haha no it's a photo of some piece of flesh-looking rock or whatever tha fuck that is going through the roof in a wood plank cabin.

Fuck this literally gay earth.

you what

Whatever this is from you need to not support it anymore.

I see the rock being too HD for Source but the rest looks like end result of decent hammer work to me. The ends of the broken planks even look like sprites for detail.

Yeah, the lizard was the girl and the bat was the guy.

Quit being a no funs

I wish I had that picture handy, a photo of attack helicopter in Iran with "shitty graphics" remarks all over it and "2/10 would not play" on the bottom.

I don't know what I expected.

A grim reminder to always have a bunker for your shitposting needs, even if that bunker is the Dom4 discord

Played through the Neverhood. Not a very good PnC (Riven is still my favorite, though I lost my late-game save for that the other week) but the style is fantastic and the music is absolutely some of the best I've ever heard in vidja.

I need that.
Fucking hell it is the best stylized engine. It is realistic enough yet the cartoony rendering keeps it lighthearted.

I started becoming a little more mouthy at my coworkers

You got that backwards

I was referring to the fact that sometimes real photos look like lo-fi computer graphics.

(checked)
I got that, was just stating my love for the engine.

KEK HAS SPOKEN WITH DOUBLE DUBS

Emily version is better tbh

This reminds me of when I got really drunk and translated Lanky Kong's part of the DK rap (around the time of HE) into Latin
Because it's just as bad

I fucked around on Burchchan instead. It's like night and day difference. I got to even post in some Overwatch threads since they actually exist there.

Felt like I was in a time capsule of 2012. Felt weird, man.

That said, I worked on my backlog a bit. I've been playing

It's amazing how much more productive I am at vidya when this place is fucking down.

I've been playing Titan Quest:Ani edition. I prefer this to Diablo and Grim Dawn.

This was an especially cruel April Fools day.

Yes she is.

uncontested best girl

especially her human version.

As a gay furfag, I want to destroy that cunny

like pottery

was busy shitposting on youtube/twitter/reddit and on a couple forums
need to shitpsot in order to counteract irl actions, or else society collapses

Finished playing through .hack//Mutation. Thinking I ought to go grind some F Cores before moving on to Outbreak; somehow after hacking my way into [Pulsating Worst Core], I had a net total of zero F Cores left. Maybe it's just been shitty luck with draining, but I honestly don't recall there being all that many big enemies throughout the last few required dungeons which might have led to that (got plenty of D and E Cores from smaller enemies though). Unfortunately it's not as simple as just running into the bonus dungeon and grinding there; while that place ONLY has huge enemies that you find one at a time, you're more apt to get cores when at low infection status, so it's better to have somewhere with smaller enemies in the mix as they die faster and you can purge the infection easier.

Boy did shit hit the fan in that ending. The Net Slum there was even weirder there than the one in Sign, and the one in Sign had apparent corroding "save states" (so to speak) of the protagonist scattered around it.

I waited until it came back.
/m/ is still dead and I am upset

All is well, but I missed you Holla Forums

Do you still have it?

Except samurai jack was kicked out of the schedule for this week to show Rick and Morty 4 times

Reminder that Holla Forums are faggots with shit taste in every conceivable way.

Found out that "The Secret World" is getting a pseudo restart. With improved combat mechanics.

I say pseudo restart, because the game we have now will still be able to be played and enjoyed, and if you have an account on one (or a lifetime memebership) you automatically get this other one as well.

Reddit pls go.

Rick and Morty is pretty much just "okay" but doesn't deserve the hate it receives

HOLY SHIT WHAT NOW

Rick and Morty S3 already has a better plot than Samurai Jack S5 does. Then again the plot in Jack S5 the worst garbage you can imagine.

Wasn't even aware it receives hate. Sounds like an "its popular so it sucks" kind of thing. There were some questionable episodes last season and a lot of warning signs that season 3 might be shit, but the episode they put out was ace as fuck and season 2 was decent overall.

Then again Holla Forums has apparently worse taste than reddit according to I'm not aware since I don't go to either.

Rick and Morty is an entertaining show but Reddit has to ruin it by taking everything funny from it and running it into the ground. The Mcnugget sauce bullshit is already getting annoying

McFucking kill yourself

I want to fuck those.

Theyre called Japanese

No they're called furries.

Nice blogposting thread OP. Starting off just about as I'd expect since we came back up.

Ummmm yeah Reddit is trash and you should go back

At least Tumblr is tolerable
And has a secret crush on Holla Forums

I've been busy with bloodborne

Oh fuck they're blue furry electric dog girls! I change my mind, I don't want to fuck them, I want to
YIFF

And you pretend like you have any room to talk when evaluating someone else's taste. Jesus Christ.

For you user.

No but in all seriousness, is there any chance Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne will be able to run at 60fps on PC

I mean on its own its cringey but as a reference its pretty bad. I mean the DK rap wasnt good and its aged like piss but its better than this.

I never said that I visit reddit, faggots, I meant redditors on the internet on every other fucking site

Literally your only argument is to greentext things and then say that the poster is terrible with no context between those two things. Do you really believe you are doing anything other than making yourself look like a retarded cancerous furfag?

Then don't go to those "every fucking other site" AKA reddit.

:3

Go fuck a dog, dogfucker.

is Yooka-Laylee still forty dollars like I heard it was going to be?

The lizard already looks like he's balding so why does the "sexy" furfag fanart always make his head look like an ugly middle-aged dude with makeup? Those hips mean nothing when they're paired with a shiny bald head like something you'd see on fucking Rick Wilson or something.

Right, because when a poster says that the plot is 'literally the worst thing ever' and all of his praise for the show is that it's 'ace as fuck' I should write a fifteen page dissertation on the merits of the shows in question. You have to give me something to actually argue against, if all you're going to do is go

Then a greentext is about all you should get.

Take your autistic ass back to whatever autistic shithole you came out of. You clearly don't belong here.

/r/ a joker DAMAGED edit

You first chucklefuck. It seems like you're pretty new, might want to lurk a little more before you post.

No really, get your autistic ass out of here.

Pyrocynical?

I played Yugioh and managed to actually make a good deck by getting rid of all my former synchros and replacing it with this complete and utter glorious asshole.

Technically it's video games since it's a digital simulator like the DS yugioh games don't judge me

Why is everyone in this thread suddenly very angry?

What the fuck are you, fucking new?

You guys need to get a room and bully each other.

Yeah, here goes:

SE
NULLUM CULTUM HABET
NULLA GRATIA HABET
HIC KONG
JOCOSUM VULTUM HABET
POTEST STARE MANIBUS
QUOM REQUIERET
ET TENDERE SUA BRANCHA
TIBI SOLUMMODO
ET SUFFLARE IPSUS
VESICA SIMILA
HIC KONG DELIRUS
HOC MELUM FRUITUR
HUH

HE
has no culture
he has no grace
this kong
has a humorous face
he is able to stand with his hands
when it is required
and to stretch his arms
for you alone
and to inflate himself
similar to a balloon
this crazy kong
enjoys this tune
HUH

wrong

Hold on, just noticed a mistake
Brancha should be brachia (nom plur of brachium)
Like I said, I was drunk

if you're having virus core trouble in Outbreak, you are going to absolutely love Quarantine

I got so fucking sick of virus cores by the time I got to Quarantine, mostly because I had the tendency to just fight things instead of draining all the time

What a cute cunny girl, moar.

I guess all these VIDEOGAMES also make me a murderer

henrike is pure. anything lewd is to be kept for her husband me we are monogomouse thank you

Been on an Ultima 7 binge, I didn't even know Holla Forums was hacked until last night. Been having fun mass murdering gargoyles and fellowship fags. I've been carrying around this baby for a week inside a barrel. I saved it from being scarified on an alter by harpies, but I might just dump it on the side of the road since I can't find its owner.

Does anyone know of any game which looks similar to Ultima 8, I vaguely remember playing a game which looked similar but I don't know if that was it

I'm not actually on Outbreak yet. Still doing preparation on Mutation as well as post game and stuff I'd left unfinished (fucking goblin tag).

Are the latter two games really just dungeon upon dungeon of Data Bugs? Think I heard something like that; makes me unsure of how you'd even properly clear them to an end, whatever the goal for that dungeon would be (in the past games, just reaching and beating data bugs was a goal), without completely overloading if you've got nothing to readily purge infection into.

Indeed.

Henrike's route did things to me that I'm not completely comfortable with. And I may have a pigtails fetish now too.

Well at least that art style looks better

What game is that?

lazy town

There's only a couple examples of dungeons like that. Data bugs do certainly become more common later, but not so much that your infection becomes a huge deal.

Outbreak and Quarantine will make you hate virus cores soon enough, and other issues start to pop up too, particularly in Quarantine, with how the game is balanced. Fights in Quarantine start to become "every large/medium enemy very nearly kills you in one hit, and if you die is entirely reliant on if your wavemaster gets off a phal repth in time or if you spam enough items to live." which is fucking awful and makes a lot of things in the game useless or forces you to play a certain way or menu all day

Good to hear. I was starting to wonder if it was going to just be sprawling five floor dungeons with every encounter being some glitched out piece of shit and somehow having to luck out and dodge dead end paths to conserve infection status, or having to "break out the paper" like Bear said he had to in order to map dungeons in Sign, via trial and error and ocarina warping/resetting the game.

I have to admit I both don't like how much time I spend in menus as is for a game simulating an MMO (I kind of thought I'd be able to map skills to controller buttons/combinations, and I'm pretty sure in-universe, the characters can't just pause the game via the menu), but also like how I can quickly fix issues via items and commands in doing so. But you're right, maybe that's more of a symptom of poor balance than anything, where menu pausing and instantaneous item use can cheese things. Makes me wonder if GU improves on that front or not (I did notice Mutation had a handful of technical improvements over Infection of its own, namely post-battle first aid command prompting the person its directed at to top everyone off until max).

Currently have 30 A Cores, 47 B Cores, 24 C Cores, 13 D Cores, 45 E Cores, and 10 F Cores. Seems like trying to access the fields on the first server, aside from the root town, makes the game crash now (though I'm admittedly playing via a loader, and an outdated one at that; "calling attacks" in combat, non-CGI cutscene spoken dialogue don't seem to work, and if there's any music during the credits, it doesn't play either), so I'm hoping I've got enough of the initial game's cores for the rest of the games. Is "a few dozen" still a good recommendation for Mutation's set of cores, or can I get away with less due to having only two games left?

They gave samurai jack a plot? Why?

And no one fucking listens and still eats shit and surprised it taste like shit. I stayed bunkered in 76chan since that is the only other imageboard I trust since /sp/ made it their home. Not much vidya but I countered that by playing monster hunter and other games that required a good amount of grinding to keep my mind off 8ch being down and doing something productive with my life.

Yooka is best as a girl and Laylee forgotten.

That is just sad man

My IP has probably changed but I have never looked back.

i just played videogames

user you don't understand, loli's only okay if it's anime.

Am I the only one who noticed that Holla Forums is filled with a bunch of non-whites lately? I mean like to the point they get into mobs and will destroy a thread if you say anything they deem racist.

Like I've seen multiple anons just saying the usual shit about niggers and spics, and there's literally just a brigade of shitskins who screech autistically and post caps of them getting made fun of as if it's supposed to stop the anons from saying nigger.

Is this because we have a kike for a board owner?

Are talking about Burchchan because I've never seen that here in the past few months, only on Holla Forums (which was probably ironic shitposting)

Played Fallout NV on PC and Untold Legends Brotherhood of The Blade on a CFW PSP it was very comfy.

n-no, b-be gay ;w;

Most animated sitcoms are joke since they try to do what the simpsons did 30 years ago and rick and morty is not a special case as people admit.
Also this the last season of samurai jack since they wanted for a long time to wrap up the show but couldnt since CN were on crack by cancelling every good show at the time leaving the ending open..

Nice

This is was i found (2 at once)

They werent even ironic

I mostly just used /vr/ (since I do anyway) and when I got desperate yesterday I hopped on Holla Forums, saw a ps1 vs n64 thread, hijacked it and spent like 3 hours talking with anons about the saturn and its superior games and visuals. It was a lot of fun having that moment. I think there's a lot of shit threads but if you can find an opportunity you can successfully save a shit thread and turn it into a good one if you know what you're doing.

If you think that's bad Eleanora's shit always has her face along with it coffee related these people are very narcissistic.

Because lots of people have god complexes, and being able to bend reality satisfies that pretty well.

bend my dick tbh

if that was the case then it wouldn't have keeled over like a whale

Nigger. My.
I don't know why but i absolutely fucking love TQ

it was an argument they couldn't win, everyone seemed to know that SoA was responsible for the failure of saturn in america. Don't tell me Burchchanners are smarter than you.

>they couldn't win the argument strawman i put up
I wouldn't expect them to since you dictated the conversation from the beggining and placed it on false basis. However America isn't the world and while you can make the case that it was indeed the regional management that dropped the ball in America that is still not a adequate explanation why the saturn failed everywhere else also.

probably

saturn didn't fail in japan though, weird isn't it

it had a lot of strip mahjongg games

like a surprising amount

and yet it didn't do well enough to have any staying power neither , weird isn't it

it's almost like you need financial success across various regions and having the best library doesn't automatically make you the most sales :^)

this is very true

or alternatively it's just a matter of not having the best library of games that does result in a financial failure of an otherwise competently made product :^)

nah that's retarded, you are retarded

April Fools day is the worst fucking holiday ever. It's bad enough that everyone and their mother becomes a le ebin ruseman, but every joke goes like:
Holla Forums getting hacked was just the cherry on the shit sundae that is April 1st.

the only thing I hate more than april fools day is people who legitimately announce things on april fools day

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Did some other shit. Probably some edf and more excessive sleep. Convinced people there was no hack, it was just a prank to make people go a day without shitposts.

Speaking of legitimate announcments

We need to update this so it says "at least I'm not an elitist contrarian".

Because cartoons are for manchildren instead of children. I'm sure they did some edgy shit as well that the original didn't ever have as well. Can't wait for diminishing returns like everything else. Still might bother to watch the first season of the new stuff

i got banned the day before, for posting a jojo image here

April 1st was my birthday

which century latin is that?

yup , buying consoles to not play games on them is where the future is at ; Sega sure enough was
ahead of it's time when they made the Saturn :^)

I've got one better

disgusting

i'm disappoint and i got one even better that everyone though they had memory holed

If it wasn't the only vidya game private tracker alive I would have dropped that shit faster than burch dropping his manhood.

ultimategamer.club

HE

They gave it a plot because it's supposed to be an ending for the show you retard. It was originally supposed to be a movie but Genndy couldn't get anyone to greenlight it after the Powerpuff Girls Movie. And despite what the redditor was saying earlier, it's actually been very good so far. But that shouldn't be surprising, since he has shit taste in cartoons.

i remember that style.
That guy has intense line control and sense of form

Anons just need to develop a thick skin

it really peaked my pistachios

Playing a video games is different than sexual gratification as when you jerk off to something it is YOU jerking off to something, not your character doing an action that in no way affects your person.
Not to mention that YOU, yes you, not the character you play as, finding children attractive makes you a pedophile.
If we go by you logic, jacking off to bara is not gay because it's not real.
Stop trying to rationalize your dysfunction.

I dont find children attractive, i find 2d cartoons attractive

3dpd is named for a reason

You jerk off to a depiction of a child. You find it attractive because it's the way your brain is wired. Your brain is wired by default to find women attractive. Even if you find anime girls (highly stylized girls with some exaggerated features) attractive, because with anime girls, you find their features attractive, the same applies to lolis, because lolis have the features of children.

i've been mad about no samurai jack
after that i played stellaris as a cardassian

WEW

what did you use as a tuner

It's time to grow up & just enjoy funny shows, user

secretworldlegends.com/

And here is the FAQ explaining whats going to happen.
secretworldlegends.com/faq/

Game is free, completely free, no subscription (unless you want benefits/more than one character) and if you bought a lifetime account or have an active subscription to the secret world, you will link it to Secret World Legends and you will have a Subscription for this and if lifetime, a subscription forever.

Well with sunshine coming out I just chalk it up to VPNs and other proxy shenanigans. And since the current front page is only temporary and looks to be frozen about now, the actual stats are not correct. Plus there is always timezones, most likely a chunk of the day is going to be much slower, but the rest of the day will remain consistently active.

I think I was banned from the marathon stream for using the user name "MDEworldpeace" and asking when season two of World Peace would be coming out.

aren't they both bald in real life?

Wait. Yooka's a guy and Laylee's a girl?

Not a shill just someone who really likes how their games world works, I love it when a game actually has you do research to figure out a puzzle.

Generally you don't need to worry too much about the earlier game's cores in the later games (with a few exceptions). You will however need a decent number of Outbreak cores for Quarantine just as a heads up. IMOQ never gets any sort of hotkeying/controller binds (though if you look up the japanese only .hack fragment, it DID have this, which is honestly fucking retarded that they didn't come up with it sooner). G.U. fixes this issue by changing how items/skills work entirely, items are still from the menu, but you don't need to use them very often at all. Skills trigger from a hotkey, you press a button and it brings up four skills you set on hotkeys to select , it's less menu intensive and more action oriented (though also much easier, to be honest).

I actually kinda like the credits music, but you aren't missing out on too much if it isn't playing.

Ah, thanks again for the information. I really should look into figuring out how to add the updated version of OPL onto my PS2's drive, simply to be getting a proper experience with the games. At least these have been the proper NA releases of IMOQ, but I've got other games with fan-made patches (translations, undubs, fixes, etc) that I'm a bit concerned now as to if they'll run properly on an older version of the loaders.

I'm glad to hear that they did start allowing for binding with G.U., but it strikes me that it would have been nice if they had balanced it better around it, by the sound of it. Though, barring some encounters being complete shit in Infection and Mutation at some occasions, thus far there's rarely been something I can't just item spam my way to survival. It's got its own balance issues from what I've been seeing, and some enemy compositions I'm not sure how a group without Kite (IE: most any other party of the "20,000,000" subscribers in the game) would be expected to be able to get past. Stuff like fighting three of those resurrecting enemies at once; Draining at least make the drained ones a non threat and you can focus on the undrained one that can still rez, but for a player without access to the bracelet it seems like it would be an exercise in patience since rezzed enemies come back instantly with full health. Then again, I seem to more frequently encounter those sort of combinations in Protected Areas, so maybe that's part of why the fields were closed anyhow, beyond the native instability (code bleeding into the world, graphical fuckery, static, etc).

When something dies, player or monster, and is revived, it has 0 SP, so it won't be able to revive anything for a while. You need to kill them quickly with elemental crits or at roughly the same time so you can focus on a newly revived one and kill it before it revives anything. If The World were an actual game, they'd also be able to split up and focus on each one individually, but the AI is too dumb to get such specific commands. This is however entirely valid to bring up particularly later on, The World has awful game balance and this persists into G.U. they actually go meta on you and players on the message boards in G.U. shit talk CC corp about game balance, mostly about how adept rogues are bullshit and how you can get out of some situations with item abuse

Huh, monsters themselves have a limited amount of SP? I wouldn't know that just looking from the interface. So the ideal for a non-Kite party would be to either kill them all at once, or outlast their own SP to rez each other?
Hah. That makes me wonder, is it intentional that the ingame CC Corp would be inept at game balance (in addition to a multitude of other things), or is real life CC2 bad at proper combat balance and rather than simply ignoring it, rolled with it and shit on their own ingame persona in a meta sense?

Speaking of The World, I have to say that, beyond the fact it's supposed to be the first post-crash online game, and has the novelty of being VR, I'm not seeing what is keeping millions of players addicted and subscribed to it. All there is a limited amount of types of fields, even more limited dungeons, and bland combat (well, to the player; I suppose ingame seeing everything in first person would make things more tense and thrilling). Not even any proper bosses like you'd expect in an MMO dungeon crawl (unless you're Kite, in which case he actually fights neat shit), and The World itself seems to have no story, and what background there is, few players seem aware of anymore. And then there's the fact that even enemy drops tend to be pretty shit, leaving players with a lot of vendor trash to sell, or perhaps trading fodder, but even the server vendors don't offer all that much good as far as weapons and armor go unless it's your first time on the server (or in a meta sense where you need to deck out a new party member that is somehow level 30+ but has somehow survived with level 13 armor). It just seems like there is no premise beyond grinding normal enemies the whole way through, yet somehow millions are addicts and dropping out of work and school to play it more (and with R:1's forum thus far, the most shitting on CC Corp seems to be directed at them being fishy, and then those threads get bombed by apparent shills). Perhaps that's why some seem to take up actual roleplaying of characters, like Piros playing his character as an honorable meathead who considers magic cheap and urges opponents to "fight like a man", or Sign's Sora being such a massive cunt (aside from having an ego the size of a mountain already): They know the game itself has no story and perhaps are trying to create their own tale for themselves.

At least .hack's own story is interesting enough for the player themselves, it's just that the ingame stuff seems really bare on that end. Even real life MMOs seem to try having some semblance of a plot, good or not, to act as something of a driving force.

Motherfucker. Think I might have to install a new loader before I can keep playing.

Heil Hitler

This is some next level nostalgia pandering.

HEY MARK YOUR EMAILS ARE COMPROMISED

>>>/sudo/33509

Well satan, The World is honestly a pretty dull MMO in IMOQ. Part of this is just PS2 limitations, part of it is that the aspects of the game you get to play are pretty repetitive, there's very little to do except just combat, trading, and more combat and grunties I guess. G.U. has a but more variation, different field types, a PvP arena, side quests and actual quests given by NPCs, generally it feels more like an MMO in a general sense in that they establish a lot more player generated content and player interaction content that would be there for a "real" The World. IMOQ often mentions things of this sort but doesn't really deliver, where a character will invite you to be part of a "business" they're starting up (which just amounts to them taking you to an area to clear), or you'll see comments on the message boards about it, but G.U. actually has you take part in it, which makes it feel a bit more expansive. For all the problems somebody might have with G.U., they do get a few things right, the combat is less menu intensive, The World seems to have more content and generally be more interesting, the message boards are more varied and instead of purely reading text dump world building in the form of a single news article (or multiple, developing over the course of the games) you get information about the same sort of subjects from various sources (an article comes out, people chat about it on the message boards, later on the board gets an update with new info, players in game chat about it if you talk to them, etc.). the only problems I have with G.U. are the main story/characters being retarded sometimes, and the first G.U. game being hard to go back to after all the improvements in the other two games, otherwise it's actually really enjoyable

Neat; gives me more to look forward to. Well, not sure how much more progress I can make as of now, until I discover how to replace the loader file with an updated one (seems v0.9.3 has better compatibility with IMOQ anyhow). I've got the loader file itself already downloaded, but it seems as if every guide for how to actually use it wants you to be using Free McBoot and run it off the memory card instead. I'd like to imagine that since the prior version I'm using is installed to the hard drive itself, I should be able to put the new one on in its place and have it work without needing to jump through a memory card hoop (and have to go about getting Free McBoot on one). Just not real sure how to go about doing that. The prior applications and loaders were from a preinstalled bundle that got added to the drive when installing the PS2 HDD to it, and those had to be installed by directly connecting the drive to the computer.

Actually figured out a work around. I'm still not sure how easily one can add more applications directly to the HDD itself (especially after formatting everything; the modpack I had installed it alongside the system image, or whatever is the necessary component to run games and loaders from the device), but since one of the included applications was uLaunch, and having a spare memory card, I used the program to put Free McBoot on the memory card, and then add the updated launcher to the memory card as well. Now it's not freezing anymore, and I've even got the non-cutscene voicing working, for better or worse. Didn't even have to specify for OPL v.0.9.3 as to where to look for the game files; it still automatically found the HDD and reads from there. And since you can essentially add hotlinks to programs directly from the FMcB main screen, I'm able to get into the program even faster than before (no more wading through actual game files on the drive just to reach the application and then have to load them again).

Just figured I'd mention it incase anyone else out there trying to run the games might be having a similar issue (I know there was some user around that had already gotten through Infection, Mutation, and Outbreak in the past and was looking to play Quarantine via loader in the future). Also going to add what I did to a writeup I've been trying to put together about playing games via a loader with an internal drive, as I think it might be pretty useful.