Well Holla Forums, my mouse is finally double clicking after the many years I've had it...

Well Holla Forums, my mouse is finally double clicking after the many years I've had it. So its time for another mice thread, looking for suggestions for a new mouse.

Other urls found in this thread:

moderntoolbox.blogspot.com/2013/01/fixing-mouse-click-switch-right-click.html
amazon.com/Redragon-CENTROPHORUS-2000-Gaming-Buttons-Weight/dp/B00HTK1NCS/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

G502

G402

I love the classic shaped mouse, I was gonna buy a Nixeus Revel to replace my Zowie FK's double clicking but I decided to buy mice switch. By the time I paid for the switches and paid for it to soldered, it cost me $50 so I could have bought the mouse but at the same time I fucking hate buying shit online and probably wouldn't have bought it. Only until my mouse is completely ded will I buy a new one.
But if you can solder it yourself, switches only cost $3.

Its tempting, but I'm curious if there's anything interesting on the market now days. I've been using this Logitech mouse for half a decade. Also, Razer fags need not apply.

I had that mouse too. It lasted for about three years I think? The main issue came about with the cord. I just love corded mice though.

I'm super cheap so recently I've been using a Logitech M100. Shit's like seven bucks.

You can just open it up and fix the switch. If you really liked the G9x you're shit out of luck because there's not really anything like it on the market.

Trackball mouse best mouse.

/thread

I actually use this mouse with my Windows XP computer. I got it new in the box too

It's black though not grey

Can confirm. I made a ghetto little stand out of flat rubber stock to improve the angle of my wrist. Highly recommend trying something similar to see if the angle change works for you.

I just really REALLY wish these manufacturers would make L and S versions of these things - I am not a manlet, I have long fingers, and every single ergo mouse I use is too damn small.

whoops, forgot image

Thanks but no thanks.

my nigga

I may go to one of those in time, but it is far more natural for me to click with my pointer and middle fingers than with my thumb and ring finger.

The mouse is also asymmetrical, which makes it fit and support my hand better. Symmetrical mice are really not great, ergonomically speaking.

The doubleclick is fixable!
Since you are too lazy to learn just buy a g502 or a g900, you won't regret either.

I don't know how people stand it

I had one of those and it was alright. I got pic related when it started doubleclicking, and it has a pretty nice sensor. It supports passive PS/2 adapters, so you can free up a USB port if your MB has it.

How fast can you turn in FPS games, though? I tried using and old index finger one and I just ended up switching to a mouse to play vidya.

This is the answer.

If you're posting on Holla Forums you're probably shitposting with us for more hours per day on average than you are playing vidya. This level of shitposting wears on even the most fap-strengthened wrists.

One mouse for browsing, one mouse for gaming. If I could only have one, it would be the optical, but I am nearly at browse-pill levels, anyway.

G502 of G400
either one of those
but if you want to use sensitivity buttons for something else that you use more often (for example i use it as play/pause and volume up and down) i prefer G502 because it has better buttons

I'm indefinitely borrowing a Razer Ouroborus from my brother

It's great except for the fact that it if you try to use the on the fly dpi adjustment you get .5+ second hanging for the next half a minute. Which is really strange considering that half of the extra 8 buttons it has are bound to change the dpi by default.

it's been half a year(?) and the sensor is already fucked.

do not get this mouse, lads.

got this on a sale a while back and its just been perfect. DPI toggle feels good and two extra thumb buttons are all I really need map shit like flashlight or melee to them.

This. Just bend a peice of metal back a bit and you're golden for the next couple of years.

Dont buy a new mouse fix the one you have. I have been using the same mouse for almost 10 years. Have had to bend the switches back 2 or 3 times but after first time it was just a quick 30min fix. I must be getting better at it since it has been years since the last time I had to repair the micro switch. All you need is a steady hand, few jewelers screwdrivers , and a exacto knife (thin blades work best to get the plastic case off the switch) and you are good to go. I was lucky and the guide I found was for teh same model of mouse that I had.
moderntoolbox.blogspot.com/2013/01/fixing-mouse-click-switch-right-click.html

Protip from an oldfag to you newfags

Set your mouse DPI to at least 3500 for 1080p monitors and 4500 for 4K monitors in all your FPS games and then lower your in game sensitivity to compensate for it

To explain, take say a 360 degree circle, the higher you have in game sensitivity the less "Slices" of the circle you can look around when turning with the mouse, and you can drastically improve your aim

my ec2-a just arrived in the mail, am i doomed to regret?

The scrollwheel on my g400s has gone soft as shit, lost all clicking and i absolutely hate it, anyway to fix this or should i just get something new?

f

time to buy an M705

I like having lots of side buttons so I'm using a SteelSeries Rival 500. I was using a Corsair M95 for a very long time until the scroll wheel fucked up.

I prefer the button arrangement on the M95 tbh. There are poor button arrangements & button sizes on the Rival 500 (button 06 for example is too short) whereas on the M95 I barely had to move my thumb to reach anything. The Rival 500 has more gimmicks like vibration & programmable RGB lighting though. It's still always nice to be able to macro a bunch of shit to the side buttons including screen capture for grabbing action shots.

This mouse is way too good for what it costs.

Can confirm this is a shit mouse series.

How good is this mouse? I heard it was one of the few decent wireless mice. Besides that, I always wanted to try and use a trackball mouse, but can't use them effectively since my finger joints are fucked up.

the big thing that threw me off the rival 500 was the giant drivers, which i heard tend to screw up.
i only recently got an ec2-a so it's kind of hard to say anything about it. i'm concerned the matte-like finish on the cover will wear and be hard to replace. i really like that it sends generic drivers to the os though, it just makes life easier.

I just set mine on my stomach and recline.
Feels good man.

have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it?

reminder that the g502 fucking sucks shit

Either a razerfag or a wrong-handed fag.

I would avoid all those gamer high tech mice.
I had bunch and they will break after a fall of a meter or less.

Currently using a ps2 mouse and works just fine.

I'm looking for a durable replacement.

What shitty mice did you have that broke from a ~3 foot drop?
WMO.

Just had that one start double clicking after about 5 years of constant use every single day and bought a new cheap one to replace it. I was surprised it lasted that long, honestly. Apparently you can take the mouse apart and put a certain latch back in place to fix the issue but I couldn't be bothered with something so cheap to replace.

I wish they made cheap 5 button mouses

The Rival is the best mouse ever created, why did they have to turn it into that?

I'm still using the original and have never found a better mouse.

That being said, I have been looking at the Ducky Secret mouse, does anyone have one? Are they good?

Depends who you mean by "they". There are

Anything Razor

/thread

G900 is amazing. First wireless mouse that's not only acceptable, but better than many of the wired gaming mice on the market.

1000 Hz
3366 sensor
107 g

Oh and autists who know nothing about wireless tech always go "but muh interference". I'd recommend doing your own research on that and realising how much stupid misinformation there is about that stuff. BUT if you still wanna be paranoid then you can use the mouse completely wired too.

One thing to consider is grip type. I think the G900 only really works well for palm grips. The shape is a bit weird for clawing and/or small hands.

Yeah, its better to buy a simple mouse with 3 or 5 buttons

With my luck it always break something, so I will just buy $20 or less, more and its a waste of shekels

Brutal.

I know that feel. I used to kill Deathadders and FKs inside 3 months back when I could expense them off and replace them at no cost of my own. Eventually I tried the 502 and I've been using the same one for over a year now, still going strong.
amazon.com/Redragon-CENTROPHORUS-2000-Gaming-Buttons-Weight/dp/B00HTK1NCS/

Repair it you dumb nigger.

I quite like the ambidextrous form myself. What missing features? Wheel is very nice, hollowed to reduce weight, and has both 'click' and 'free form' modes. Also G502 is heavy as fuck (168 g) and a ton of flimsy buttons in annoying places.

I'm happy to pay the premium price for a nice light, wireless mouse with a great sensor and report freq.

Thank you, user, you are my greatest ally

I think $75 would be reasonable, but $150 is ridiculous.
The mega-comfy thumb flap and right-hand optimized shape, steel wheel, and a bunch of buttons.
That was my first impression too with the side buttons, especially the two to the left of Mouse1, but they're actually surprisingly durable.
The one weird thumb button is definitely in a shitty place if you use a more rear-oriented palm grip and don't have freakishly long ayylmao thumbs, but the other four are good to go and it's so fucking nice to never have to take my hand off the mouse (or move my left hand off WASD) for extra binds.

You're welcome, user.

Got a G502. Please tell me the wheel will last

I personally wasn't a fan of the thumb flap thingy, or the extra side buttons. I can see your points though, any why someone might prefer the 502 for those reasons. I personally hate cord drag (even when it's minimised with a bungee I can still feel it quite a bit) and appreciate the lower weight + simplified design of the 900.

Both are great mice with very good sensors though, so I guess it's a preference thing.

It'll slightly loosen up after the first month or so, not like Razers or Zowies where the wheel loses almost all of the tactile "clicks" as it wears in, it'll just take slightly less force to roll but still be chunky/clicky. According to Amazon, I've had mine since October 19th 2015, and I've been using this fucker heavily every single day.

And yeah, the cost is pretty high. I'm happy to pay it myself though to get the characteristics I prioritise seeing as the mouse is such an important and frequently used part of the computer.

I'm mostly just hung up on the price. I definitely see the appeal of the first non-shit wireless mouse, and I'm not against paying a premium for good peripherals I have meme mech keyboards and overpriced IPS monitors but 150 dollarydoos for a mouse? God damn. I can't imagine the transmitter/receiver costs them more than $20 to make, so I don't understand why they can't keep the price under $100 to remain competitive with other "premium" wireless mice to dominate the market.

From what I've seen their main justification is R&D costs (particularly the work done in weight reduction while maintaining structural integrity). That being said it's obviously marked up a lot. The thing is there isn't really any competition for their target audience, which are people such as myself who want a wireless mouse that has a good sensor, polling rate, and low weight. There is no other wireless mouse on the market that has all those things. The closest would be the other Logitech wireless mice (I've tried them, they're pretty bad for gaming), in which case they still have the market hold.

Fucked how? If the cursor's starting to get jammed at high speeds, have you tried unplug, replug + mouse4? It's an issue I have with my FK, I think it has something to do with the polling rate as setting it back to 1000Hz fixes it.

I use a Rival 300, gets the job done and it's relatively cheap (somewhere around 30 dollars).