What's the best controller ever made? Of course, we all know the answer to that

What's the best controller ever made? Of course, we all know the answer to that.

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiegouniontribune.com/business/technology/sd-fi-mad-catz-20170331-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that logitech one that everyone seems to have

You already made this thread tho.

Yes we do. Here it is, followed by the runner up.

Best two rolling through.

WIIUPRO>GAMECUBE>PLAYSTATION>XBOX>NINTENDO64>>>>>>>>>OTHERS

I really don't get the appeal of having an enormous A button, it makes it so you can't press B+X or B+Y

Very nice.

Gorilla handed faggots need not apply

Actually, the Wii-mote was also a good controller, not due to button layout or ergonomics itself, but because you could play with your arms free/open.

It was the best NES/Genesis controller i'll give you that.

I like the 360 controller.
Fite me.

yuck.

also. NES Advantage best damn stick. (i know it's not a pad). Just look how fucking cool it is.

Shame those Hori controllers were import only, and they don't make that SNES to Wii controller adaptor.

Might correct that; didn't mean that Hori also made those, but rather the third party that did stopped producing them a while back. Gamecube d-pad for emulating on the Wii isn't the best.

Those are probably worth an arm nowadays if scalpers are anything to go by.

yep, a good condition one with original box and all the instruction manual stuff goes for quite a few bucks, but surprisingly there isn't much demand for them and you can find one fairly cheap if it's by itself and working. there was also the nes MAX pad, which i loved more than any other original NES pad. super fast firing turbos for maximum cheating and an 8-way d-pad. was truly best nes pad if you could find one.

It would have to be just a good stick. Not necessarily anything too specific.

I don't use pads very much anymore. Only for a few platformers, maybe some RPGs, and the newer consoles (Dreamcast or more recent, but only for games that actually require a pad).

D-pads are pretty much never as comfortable, and having to use multiple buttons just with my thumb really hurts now that I'm not used to it anymore. As an example, I play games like MMX with my stick, because the 'right way' is kinda painful for me nowadays, so the pad just doesn't work.

I own two pads. One for older games, and a 360 controller for newer PC games, because PlayStation controllers have really slippery analog sticks (not sure about the PS4 controller, but I own a PS3, and that one is pretty slippery). The 360 controller hasn't been working all that well, though. Constantly disconnects for no reason.

Pic related is my stick. The original Hori Fighting Stick. Pretty old, but it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. Works perfectly.

hori still makes great sticks, thats a good stick you have there. throw some sanwa parts in as upgrade and you have a tourney-ready quality perhiperal.

Wash your greasy hands, and then clean the sticks with a 50/50 alcohol/water mix you slob.

That's what I intend to do when something stops working, but the damn thing just refuses to break.

I own two of these as well. I have PS1/2 adapters for a bunch of consoles and one for two controllers that I use on my PC. It's a decent pad. The enormous amount of switches has always pleased me for no reason. Must be some kind of autism.

My hands get really sweaty when I play games, or write, or do pretty much anything.

Still, the 360 analogs aren't as slippery. The GameCube controller is better as well.

Get a fan or lose some weight. Getting sweat and grease all over your devices is fucking disgusting.

holy crap, i didn't know hori made a psx pad. i still have this asciiware one which seems to be the 4 button layout equivalent of that. i've never seen that, but that looks like the perfect pad for street fighter.

the fact it took so long for this to be mentioned is embarrassing. the sega saturn pad is objectively the best controller in existence.

Still best.

It looks fat.

black/white buttons have bad placement as do back/start, and also shit dpad

love this thing.

It's shit.

I wish every controller was at least this big.

I'm not fat, and my controllers are pretty clean.

It's just something that my hands do. Otherwise, they are completely dry. Keeping them closed or holding anything for a long time generates a lot of heat and they get sweaty.

Not sure that it actually has an effect on the analogs. The issue mostly happens when I have to constantly hold them forward.

There is a black version as well.

How can you not like gigantic controllers?
I actually like the Dreamcast controller just because of how enormous it is.

Maybe you just have FAGGY SMALL HANDS.

god this controller is hot garbage
my fingers are long it makes holding this thing a nightmare

playing through bloodborne, i cant quite recall just how many times i did a gesture because of that stupid thing in the middle
also who the fuck thought putting microphones in the controller was a good thing ? the audio quality is shit and its loud as fuck

What does the nose do?

That wasn't a critique. I have big hands and am pretty clumsy, so a big sturdy controller is nice.
Perhaps I should have used the term thicc but I don't especially like it.

Are you high right now? I'm going to go dig out my DC and xbox s controller and show you how big they actually are.

DC controller is a bit bigger than most. Its not the Duke but what is?

Also i took a pic of my DC and my S.

The part of the DC controller that actually comes in contact with your hands is tiny as fuck. You could cut off ~50% of the controller and it would have no effect on function. It's just super bloated, size-wise to fit that stupid fucking memory card.. You could cut off ~30% of the xbox s controller, and it would have no effect on function.

From a practical standpoint, the DS4 is better suited for larger hands than the others as it's both big and open.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO THAT POOR CABLE

You should buy a Vita. You're gonna love that touch pad on the BACK of the damn thing.

No, I'm just drunk.

Come on, at least it feels bigger than usual to me. Even bigger than the 360 controller, which is considerably bigger than the PS3 controller.

Anyway, I might actually make a good pad eventually. Wood carving should be good enough for the gigantic exterior, and then I can just put a little bit of lead in there.

Real men use controllers that women can't even lift off the table, is what I say. I will make something like this eventually, and then I will finally be the realest of men. I will make a controller that can kill a man in armor if used as a flail.

How does it compare to the American Xbox controller?

Like, the one made for fat American children that just try to break everything that they own when they lose at the Halos.

Thats true, the grips are very slim.

It actually works well that way. Dont worry. I dont have my DC plugged in or setup so all my shit is stored in a box right now.

I dont own a Duke. But ive held one. Its basically the same height maybe a bit fatter. But the grips on the Duke are fucking huge compared to the DC.

This is a sexy controller

I've got a duke right here as well, and just holding it in your hands is super comfortable, but things somewhat fall apart when you actually go to use it in a game. First, the distance between B/W and the right stick is huge, and since they're almost stacked vertically above the stick instead of properly offset to go with your thumb's natural range of motion, it doesn't matter how big your thumbs are, you're going to slightly have to shift your grip if you want to go from B/W to the stick, and that sucks.

The next problem is the face button layout, and profile. They're raised really high, and are dome shaped instead of flat, which is actually uncomfortable as fuck as they poke into your thumb if you're playing a game that makes constant use of them.They're also super close together which is interesting, since you can fit them all under your thumb, but like the B/W buttons, they're almost stacked vertically above the stick instead of properly offset, so you need to contort your thumb instead of using a natural sweeping motion to go from stick to buttons. The Switch joycons have this same problem.

The S controller fixed some of those problems with a properly offset dpad and face buttons, but then fucked things up even further with start/select and b/w.

Sony dpads are great. The dualshock in any of it's interations is not, however.

I eat so much garlic and onions that i sweat acid and my touch melts plastic. Everything plastic i have and use on the regular is misshapen, has growing holes or is falling apart. Every single key on my keyboard has little coves and my mouse accumulates random pieces of dissolved plastic on it's creaks.

MAXIMUM ERGONOMICS!

I know you're joking but controllers are so shittily designed a huge droplet actually does have better ergonomics than most.

I want one just because it does look comfy as fuck. Especially if it could be made slightly squishy.

i'm highly acidic too, user. why are there not aluminum game pads yet. i burn through mice at a rate of one every 6-9 months. ffs.

That's such a good idea I'd get two of them. :^)

This explains why my 360 controller looks like a cheese.

What the fuck.

I'm with you, I'm a chubby little manlet, and I don't even have this problem. Do you think gorons lurk this board?

What are you fuckers, slimes?

Ok, Little Marco.

Y'all faggots need better diets

I need cock in my ass, baby!~

im not that fond of it, i mean its alright but i wish it were quieter

fucking filtered shitlord

i like the under-side of the handles, its definitely a different material than the top-side of the joystick, it feels like some kind of anti-sliding material or something, and its also softer than the top part, its like a partial-pillow for you to play 12 HOURS A DAY.

dualshocks were always really comfy controllers, whichever the gen

Are you willing to wear a motorcyclist getup?

HOLY SHIT. FUCK YES!
UNF.

i'm not fat or a human slime glob. i just eat and drink incredibly acidic and spicy things. the citric acids from sodas, spicy pepper sauces, etc. some people just have a higher acidic content in their physiology naturally. double down on acidy and spicy everything and your sweat can melt paint and plastics.

Okay, how does your semen taste?

Fantastic, I'll be there in ten

I actually wanted this. How good is it?

Please sir, may I have some more?

i have no idea. perhaps you should ask your mom.

Okay, I will ask your mom.

are you guys twins?

Incestual twin(k)s.

I stuff all of my foods with pepper, drink pure lemon juice, bite onions like apples and eat garlic like chips. I eat so many japalenos my breath burns.
As to answer your question, my semen tastes fatty and bitter.

okay, just watch out for that inbreeding ya hear? you dont wanna have a baby with a hollow head

Aw dude, I usually eat mild food or some breads with granules when I want increase my seminal intake. My semen is pretty mild, sometimes a bit sweet and salty, but never overpowering. I love it.
What do you mean by 'fatty' though, like, bleachy?

It just has the taste of fat, or of a fatty food.

Do you guys smoke meth? Meth sweat has similar effects to what you're describing

I don't know if you made that, but it's my first time seeing it and it cracked me up.

Never done drugs outside of coffee and alcohol.

You won't need more once I get there, sweetie.

got one for $10 CIB few years back

Did sony flatten the angle of "legs" that come off the bottom? The one thing I've always hated about playstation controllers is the downward angle of the legs. I was fine with the ps1 controller though. I didn't own a ps2, but I don't remember the controller being as uncomfortable as the ps3.

Gondola is just a more boring Jake.

It's a chainsaw, it's a controller, it's the best.

The gamecube controller is the worst controller of all time. The octagonal joy sticks can go fuck themselves.

Why would you lie like this?

I like the duke controller
I don't like the duke dpad.
I also want Blinx 1 & 2 on PC.

It's shit, but there are far worse controllers.

It's impossible to do any kind of accurate movement in any racing game with it. due to the joy stick always sliding into one of the eight corners you have to hold onto the joy stick really hard with your thumb at really awkward angles at all times in order ot keep it in place. Pic related, I actually took a chamfering drill to the joy stick hole just to play f-zero GX without my thumb falling off.

Shit, does the red one have higher fps?

Could gondola hang another gondola using its legs?

That's actually a pretty cool mod, user.

Done so for 4 years, darling!~

Alright, get on your back

Three times the fps.

Fuck yes

Funny how that makes you even more of a disgrace, because you have learned nothing in that time.

For a second I thought that controller had a horrible vagina

THICC

I'm a fan of the wired Power A for PS3 games that don't require a ton of D-pad precision. Those triggers are nice.
I generally like the PS4 controller, but I hate how hard it is to quickly press the start/select buttons and I often press the triggers on accident setting them down. One step forward, two steps back from the PS2 controller. Is it so hard to encase the triggers in plastic?

Do you prefer your partner laying over you or being at a 90 degree angle?
The former makes it easier to wrap your legs around them.

Bullshit, this smooth control is exactly one of the things that makes Double Dash a great game. And it works perfectly for drifting in both it and GX along with the cluster of buttons around the giant A actually helping quickly shifting from holding the gas to another move.

I've never once had my thumb slide off and every GC game I've ever played just felt right with it.

Maybe he just cracks the whole thing open and does some electrical work whenever he feels like talking. I mean, can't speakers and/or microphones be turned into ad-hoc speakers or mixrophones?

yes & yes

No idea what you're talking about. I completed F-Zero X and F-Zero GX on Master with a GameCube controller. No issues.

I guess different people have different hands.

Not that it's a perfect controller. The Z button is absolute crap, and the d-pad is basically unusable for 2D platformers (not that much of a problem, since the GC itself didn't really have those). Probably the worst d-pad ever made.

Other than that, it's actually fantastic. The triggers are pretty much unbeatable.

The Z Button and D-pad are the only things I can see as shit. The control stick, secondary C-stick and cluster of buttons actually works perfectly. The C-stick is a small less relevant stick that works just fine with subconsciously controlling the camera or other additional features without getting in the way of the main buttons while you play the game and helps you effortlessly navigate through all kinds of 3D games.

wow i never realized how similar they look

What do you guys do with the cords on your controllers when you're not using them? Roll them up, twist tie, wrap it around the controller my mom would do this when she cleaned my room when I was little or some other shit like this guy?

I liked the saturn controller but its D-pad always makes this annoying creaking noise, so I ended up replacing it with a Hori pad. It's pretty nice.

Have any amateur mad scientists said fuck it and frankensteined the perfect controller?
Put xboxone sticks on a ds4 or ds4 buttons on a xboxone or nintendo/saturn dpad on either?

After finally discovering where I put my old DualShock and its condition (yichh) I now keep unused controllers in their own ziploc sandwich bags

c-could i use spongebobs nose as a dildo?

They literally fit perfectly and it's an improvement, since they're more durable and have better grip. You can do it yourself, even.

My how the years roll by… and then I suddenly realize shit really has gotten worse and all my hobbies are decaying like a mangled corpse.

Does everything British got to have black cock in it?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NECK!?

What about it? I don't see anything wrong.

Also Scooby is running a live stream now.

Pick one.

N64.

Better but, I love the M$ button/stick/trigger layout.

It looks like a fucking ken doll was left in the sun too long and began melting. Shits fucked.

Is he with his boyfriend?~

Haven't had any issues with it yet, it feels pretty good.

WTF I PRESS TA SHOOT NIGGA?

Keybored and Mouse.

well fuck you too codemonkey

>I got mad when I was playing Monkey Ball. user said.
And now mad cats apparently filed for bankruptcy, these thicc light up controllers will become a rarity. Remember, never go full retard and spike your controller like you scored the winning touch down or Opened a jar.

Again, fuck you codemonkey

Hey! This is happening to me RIGHT NOW.

Posting has been acting up on my end for the past few days. I know this site has always been built on twine and bits of gum, but it seems to have gotten worse

Sometimes when I use an image, it completely stops at "100%". Really tickling my turkeys here.

Same for me, every time. At first it would just just take a long time to go through, then it straight up didn't for a while, but only now did it send but without the image

Test.

sandiegouniontribune.com/business/technology/sd-fi-mad-catz-20170331-story.html
rip in peas

I bought pic related from Aliexpress, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I know it will be shit, but I want to dream

I know how you feel brother.
Being able to plug SNES/Genesis/Saturn controllers on a Wii would've been awesome for emulation

feels bad man

Best girl.