I am a bored NEET and i want to nolife a game with a huge skillgap and be very good at it...

I am a bored NEET and i want to nolife a game with a huge skillgap and be very good at it. I used to play SC2 for 4k hours back in WoL and HotS and then because SC2 died and the game was flawed i moved to LoL and played for 1,5 years before i got fed up with the community and the fact that you are only 20% of your team. I got the following games in mind:

Chess
Dota 2
CS:GO
Starcraft Remastered
WC3 (as that one will undoubtly be remastered as well soon)

Some of the pros and cons of each game:

Chess. It wont die in many years (100% sure it will still be alive in 20-30 years) It have zero luck/RNG (100% skill based) it can be played everywhere as it is a game that works perfect as a mobile game. The cons of Chess is that at high levels it is more of a memory game than a tactics game. Bobby Fischer said that

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taikyoku_shogi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Soul Calibur 2 is good and all, but 4k hours?

This is now a chess thread.
How do I stop sucking?

Dota 2:
Pros: Like Chess it wont die for a very long time. It will keep getting updates that changes the game, it have a huge hero pool, it still have a big stillgap (but not as much as sc2)

Cons: Some RNG, team based so you have to find a 5 man premade that plays same hours as you and even then you are 20% of your team, balance in these games will always have heroes that have higher winrate than others. There are also the problem with one of the sides in dota having 5% more winrate than the other site, i dont know if it still exists

CS:GO is also a game that i believe will last for many years. It is a solid game but i feel like the hacker problem and twitch faggotry are really bad with CS:GO compared to any of the other games i listed. It is also a team game and i highly perfer a 1vs1 game

Starcraft Broodwar/Remastered is one of the most skill based video games ever made. A 1vs1 game that still have an active esports scene in korea (but not as big anymore) Broodwar is one of the longest running games as an esport and it is for good reason. It have great balance, many different tactics for each race, macro that is really hard to master because it takes a lot of apm mindless clicking on different buildings (then again that is good here since a lot here have autism right?) because no MBS like SC2. Cons will be the rare maphackers i will encounter at high levels and the fact that it is the most stressful game of those i listed because of how much apm you need to play at a high level. It is not called Gookclick for nothing. The other cons is that i dont know how big the playerbase outside South Korea will be in 3-5 years. Will it be really small like sc2 or will it do well? But i loved sc2 even with the flaws and i heard Broodwar dont have those flaws like SC2 have (blob vs blob in not a thing in Broodwar)

Monster Hunter. Git gud. Speedrun like the nips. Every single release is EASILY a 500-700+ hour title, and that's for normal players.

Beatmania IIDX

I am bored and want to master one of those games as i have nothing else to do and the idea of getting really fucking skilled by playing the same shit 12-14 hours each day sounds amazing to me (even if i wont earn any money that is just a side bonus the cool part for me is just getting really fucking skilled at a video game) I am just not sure what game i should pick that is why am asking Holla Forums for help

Step it up, senpai. Pic related is a fucking blast, and the major countries all have professional leagues and shit. Games are a lot more dynamic than chess.

It takes dedication to be good at fighting games. At least Soul Calibur 2 is a good one. You could probably get 100 hours out of the single player modes to start off with.

Uhh, this.

If it was not so fucking dead in my country (i guess like 50-100 players play it total) i would think about that. Anyway Go is casual shit compared to Taikyoku shogi

Fuck me, I've been meaning to try out shogi.

Try Touhou, OP. There's no good way to explain it. You have to have the right blend of mental illnesses. If it suits you, it will change your life. The skill ceiling is astronomical so it will keep you occupied for a long time. The game singleplayer but can be played competitively. If you are looking for the ultimate challenge, try beating Lunatic with conditions or getting a good score. The biggest con is the narcissistic community. The players get hostile when you start trampling on their egos.

Or just play good shmups.

Could learn poker and make money?
Im a neet and dont really do anything all day, i hate online vidya so i play single player shit

I remember playing Touhou 7 a very long time ago. Is a fine game but i am not sure since it is not a PvP game and i want a game that is PvP at its core. The games do have a great soundtrack but again i want it to be a PvP game at its core

That looks like the opposite of fun user.

(I only played holdem) I played some Poker Holdem games on my Phone that have sitngo tournaments for fun money and while poker pros argue that skill will trump luck at the end based on many hands the game itself are just too luck based for me. I do think Omaha Hi.Lo looks like a variant of Poker with a higher skillgap but i never played it

It is the biggest variant of Shogi. Wikipedia sucks for political articles (left bias and shit like that) but for shit like this Wikipedia is fine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taikyoku_shogi biggest Shogi variant

Try Go too. It feels a lot more organic and intuitive.
Don't bother spending too much time with videogames unless you want to kill yourself. Better pick up something like drawing if you want some feeling of achievement.

It may not be a direct PvP game but it can be competitive. You don't play against another player but instead beat the game while outperforming them. This is nice because you don't have to rely on another player to enjoy the game. There's no need to organize with other players and you can play whenever you want.

play mahjong and play with other neet fucks on tenhou.net

Anyway since Starcraft Remastered and i need some more time to think over what game i want to master what Touhou should i start with? I only played the first 3 levels of Touhou 7 long time ago on hard. I heard all of the games before 6 sucks and that TH8 is the easiest one so should i start with that?

Would recommend CS:GO.
High level games are enjoyable if you like communication heavy trihard gameplay. On TGE (highest rank ingame) you will see a major skill difference between players. Some people play like literal gods (sometimes matched against pros, even), others are just "average TGE player" or even "below average" that was boosted in 5 man stack. Which is interesting and make interesting games, because even though people have difference in skill, all of them reached TGE and that means they are not complete trash.
Cons are:
Game requires you to talk to people. A lot. You exchange information and discuss strats even in mid level pubs. Not every NEET is capable of doing that. When I'm playing with team I talk so much I have to drink water constantly.
If you want to grow more as a player you have to pay about 5-10$/month to play in leagues like ESEA or FACEIT and preferably join and/or create a team and play tournaments, which is also hard for NEET to do.

t. NEET with 2 years of SC2 and 3 years in ASSFAGOTS currently 2 years in CS:GO and counting

Hahaha, oh wow.

The game you start with doesn't matter. Play them all and find your favorite ones. They all play similarly and share a skillset. They're all worth at least giving a try, even the old ones. TH08 is considered easy to get a first 1cc because of its long deathbomb window. Check out >>>/thg/ for more info.

Fallout 4 on Survival.

but seriously Wargame: Red Dragon would meet your criteria. Lots to learn to git gud. Get frustrated or have question you can always ask in chat. or troll the fuck out of it by asking questions about the F35 or if Putin so manly why doesn't he grow a beard? There a shit ton of videos about how to play on your tube. Wargame, in my opinion, makes blizzard rts look like childs toy.

The fact that the normal standard ladder are so flawed that i have to pay for others and the fact that i have to talk a lot with my team (i was born with a shitty hard to understand voice) makes it a no-go for me. Thanks a lot for your comment anyway

That's true though. Faceit and esea ranking system is superior.

Ah yeah, how could I forget Gundam Vs.?

I heard it is more of a large scale macro game compared to the heavy micro focus SC2 and WC3 have (Broodwar is huge in both micro and macro) I never played any games in the series so i am mostly clueless about the game. Tell me more

Or just link me to some good videos on Youtube. You can even shill your own if you think they are amazing

Dominions 4

It depends on what you want to play. I really prefer to play 10v10 games with people who have a grasp of the game and then micro a strike force.
I seen hundreds of games decided by microed special forces inserted by helicopter or even just walking the entire map into the enemy back field/spawns. one well microed tank or plane can decide a match. or get eated alive by well placed atgms or arty. arty micro game is intense. battery and counter battery and baiting planes into aa nets.

You can play a low points game or a 10v10 low points where the untis trickle out or have huge high points game that can exhaust a deck.
Basically you pick a Faction (and a country and/or a specialization to get bonuses in that deck) and build a deck. there are no unlock so everyone is on the same level with units.
It is as simple as capture points with you command vehicles and shoot the bad guys and as complicated as dropping smoke arty shells and amphbious landings with air and helicopter support with off shore bombardment.

if you can stomach mild issues with pathfinding/networking, age of empires 2 still has an active community
game is fun, you can go 1v1, 4v4 whatever you want, you're not limited by shitty moba standards
still requires as much skill as any other rts

AoM was my first RTS (or one of my first) And i remember playing it as a turtle farmville defensive game and it was a fun game for that. I liked all the different god units and god skills. Sadly i never played AoE2 for very long and i have no clue what high level games look like. But i do think it is a great idea that you came with. Tell me more

I'm trying to find one with massive carnage and not too much talking.

This was my best choice.

play quake with me

I played Unreal Tournament 4 1-2 years ago. Good game but felt really unfinished as it was an alpha. How much did UT4 get better since then?