Other urls found in this thread:

ultizerogames.com/cnindex.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GET THE FUCK OUT SHILL

Damn, one guy made this?

(1) and done.

/thread

One fucking guy did all of it?

I want platinum audience and money, but can't be assed to actually make full functional game, just hire me already: the project.
Also yeah

I couldn't handle the cringe. It's pretty looking. Shame he's emotionally crippled.

You mean
EVERY SINGLE JAPANESE DEVELOPER
It's all the shame shit. Yes, It's impressive it's made by one guy, but what's the point if it's generic dogshit. Throw it into the pile.

He is a rich kid who bought all the assets and paid some voice talent to put together a demo to get a contract.

The guy who did this is not japanese, loser.

The thumbnail always looks like a cross between Genos and Raiden and an emoji

THAT'S FUCKING WORSE!
Why would you go out of your way to try to emulate gooks instead of building out of your own originality. I don't know! Maybe this guy is too focused to add onto the pile instead of going the Pixel route and creating something that will be celebrated for years to come.

slowpoke.png
Everything stopped when he was bought up by Sony.

Why? Why would anyone buy this shit?

He does it for free

Looks like a pile of shit.

all I can say is
ONE SLOW POKE

So by the backlash I assume this is a PS4 exclusive?
There doesn't seem to be a console mentioned in the trailer.

Wasn't this at E3 last year or something? I remember seeing this shit ages ago.

No. It was posted here a few times but there hasn't been any updates since that video/the video in the OP. The dev hasn't even posted anything since the first of the year.

The game doesn't real.

So it should fit right in with the rest of the PS4 library. :^)

I'm not surprised. So many indie games these days are just asset flips.

Because gooks are superior in every way? unlike nipponese shitskins…

Nice try gook, everyone knows gooks are subhuman niggers worse than even Chinese. Go eat a poodle.

Whoa dude OK let's not get out of hand here

Whether you bought all the parts or made them yourself, putting together a house is still putting together a house.

I stand by it, the only reason Chinese seem worse is because there's so goddamn many of them. If there were as many gooks as there are chinks the Earth wouldn't even be worth saving.

gotta admit its really fun to be that young and idealist.

when they get older than 21 they'll hit reality.

WEW
E
W

Fucking garbage 'ebil' voice people do as a joke. Why would you put that in a trailer? Instant 'nope not gonna watch the rest of that' reaction.

Oh, too late.

You faggots are worse tbh.

You deserve to hang

That Blasted Hedgehog!

There is a big difference between saying "I hired some people to make my dream game" and "95% of my game's content was bought from or made by other people but I totally made this game by myself you guys!"

Yeah, but I wouldn't go around calling myself an architect just because I put together a prepacked house kit.

We have had these thread almost a year ago and you people are still retarded enough to believe that one guy could of done all this, it fucking angers me seeing this game get so much publicity when other games that were entirely made by one person get overlooked.

An indie game that isn't generic pixelshit with a 2deep4u story and a nice fat helping of socjus? I'm interested. I don't know if I'd pay full price for it until some of the worries I had were disproven.

Though the animations are still better than a AAA team can produce with 40 million dollars and a five year dev team.

I don't get what the problem is. Am I supposed to hate the guy because he bought assets he needed to make his game?

So are you going to chew out every other indie dev for daring to subcontract or outsource their graphics and audio?

I remember /agdg/ being autistically angry about this guy the last time the thread popped up around a year(?) ago.

The problem is that making a game yourself is several magnitudes harder than piecing together a game from premade graphics and mechanics.

Expecting this level of quality from a game that's designed manually from the get go is not very reasonable unless it's made by a larger game studio. The only thing this thing creates is retards who start calling other developers "lazy" for not being able to do something similar.

If everyone did this, every game would look and work the same because there's only so many premade things in the market. The last thing we want is for indie games to be AAA games: the exact same thing in a different skin.

Is he actually saying that himself though, or is it just the journos being fucking retarded as usual?

It has the same problem as Dust, nice looking combat and environments but shity main character, companion and voice acting

I mean, I don't hate the guy, he probably just bought a shitton of assets as a placeholder or something because he's absolutely fucking rich, but he made a showreel from those things.
If he just bought the assets for one aspect and do the other aspect himself, that's great, like if he just focused on scripting and bought all the models and animations. But if he just buys everything then that's where he crossed the line.

It may be an autistic reason but a good reason nonetheless.

That appears to be the case now.

I don't think anybody's arguing that making a game's assets by yourself is incredibly difficult, it's also borderline impossible, indies outsource things all the time.

I don't think anybody really expects that, though. It's impressive the guy's making a big game like this by himself, but the fact that he's buying assets isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just means he has the resources necessary to spend on it.

Sounds kind of like projection to me, user. I haven't really seen that so far, nobody expects your typical indie to produce games of insane quality, not that this is, mind. And even if those idiots do come, that's not the developer's fault.

Except that every game on the market does look and work the same. How many indie games are out there with 'retro' pixel art styles that all play pretty much exactly the same as each other? More than I care to count, that's for sure. Same with every Unity made game. Indies suffer from the same fucking problem AAAs do.

It's looking to me like you guys are just mad about nothing really, maybe even a little jealous that this guy has enough cash to throw around to get his assets where otherwise you feel like you're putting in more effort to get your shit made.

I don't know what to tell you, seems to me like you're mad about nothing.

Same situation there, too. One guy made the game pretty much, difference here is that this guy apparently has enough cash to toss around for nice textures and assets, he can't toss a couple pennies out to get some decent VAs?

I'd say he only really crossed the line if he got up and said that people should suck his dick for making it all himself. Then I can understand why people'd be upset, but I mean, shit, if you're rich why not just invest in getting your dream videogame made?

That's because, as I remember, dude said in an interview that making games was his dream. And he worked really hard for it.
That's why I considered it okay if he just bought the assets for one aspect that he's not good at. Nobody is perfect after all, even Dwarf Fortress suffers from Toady not reworking the clusterfuck of an UI. But if he just buys fucking everything (and quite literally everything, you can buy the blueprints for scripting off the UE4 marketplace) then it doesn't qualify as "making a game" anymore, but just "putting together a bunch of stuffs so you have an amalgamation of assets".

Honestly, I feel like the thread is full of retardation considering that the kid didn't PLAN on getting this much attention.

He posted the video to an UnrealEngine forum thread, the conglomeration of fecal matter that is the journo clique saw the thread and decided to write stories about it because "muh one-man final fantasy 15 headline," the modern idiots that are gamers lapped the trailer up, and the kid woke up to gajillions of offers.

Lay off a bit and reexamine your criticism, because you guys are talking like he is some mastermind or something.

But I mean if he's putting those assets together he's making the game, right? I think it's mostly just an argument over semantics, people getting autistic over nothing really. They put in more effort so they should be the only ones who get to say that they actually make games.

Actually its just a mishmash of asset stuff. The people who propelled this guy to fame is actually Neogaf.

Game is now a timed exclusive on PS4, with dev grant by Epic Games

ultizerogames.com/cnindex.html

So every game ever?

Wait, thats what happened? A bit sad considering they really put him on the spot, but maybe he'll get his dream of being a game dev.

Depends on your definition of "making games" really. You wouldn't call taking someone else's songs then put them together and throw some autotune/filters on "writing a song", do you? No, those are called DJs. Some of the DJs are songwriters, doesn't mean songwriters are DJs. Applied into this situation, people who put assets together are also making games, but people making games are not all putting assets together. Sometimes there are the effort of multiple people behind it, those who make the assets, and those who put the assets together with a scenario in their mind. Lacking one of the two aspects, and it ceases being "making a game". That's my definition.
Which is why I said "If he just bought the assets for one aspect and do the other aspect himself, that's great": Because he still put in the work for making the assets AND assembling them. Buying the assets for the aspects that he can't effectively dabble in is just inevitable.

I admit the last time this video was posted, I went apeshit too, but honestly, in hindsight, it was pretty autistic.
If the dude actually put his own creations into the game, I'd still be somewhat impressed and even interested in how it will turn out.

Looks like worse Automata/Nioh tbh.

Did they ever mention how much assets were original or asset flipped? Even if its half and half for a simple project never meant to get a lot of attention it looks nice for what it is.

No because that's not what I'm talking about. In that scenario the indie team would be paying for original content that is unique to their game. When I complained about asset flipping I was referring to "developers" who go buy the same generic art and code assets and then just slightly tweak them before throwing their game up on the iOS store/early access/kickstarter

That could be the case because they seem to be pushing the "solo dev" thing more than he is

Doubt it. The hubbub probably scared the fuck out of the gook and he hided from public eyes. Haven't heard about him for ages until today.

I guess it makes sense, nobody ever thought it would get 2 million views. That said it looks like the guy is doing well for himself since he got a studio with 5 other employees now.

The character model and enemies were original. The environments were all UE4 stock assets, they're mostly free.

Course doesn't matter now there's a full Chinese studio making the game now.

So basically this just goes to show if you can model a nice protagonist, stick the bitch into UE4 and get shekels and a chink dev team for free.

Well, its still surprising that he did more than just entirely asset flip. From what I saw of the PS China Hero Project he also seems to be the artist.

Only ONE guys did this, only one guy and all the people he paid for all the assets :)

He even made the engine ;)

typical tricks

I do not understand how you guys call agdg autistic for getting mad at this. You don't understand, it's not about this trailer and game looks way better and fun than most games that we'll ever make, it's about the fact that everyone thinks one guy made this.

So each time one of us makes progress with our game we somehow have to compete with one guy who had enough money to pay for everything in his game while some of us are barely finding time to work on our game. It's not bad to buy all those assets, it's great that he could do that, but fucking stop saying that it was one guy.

DAT THUMBNAIL THO'

Thoughts?

If I pull that off will he die?

Mirror your shit you cunt

The "backlash" is because you made a lazy as fuck OP that doesn't explain what the game is, has no links to any archives about it and doesn't even say its title.
All you did was post an embed. Make better threads or fuck off.

OP is a slow, last to hear of old news, faggot.