What are some games where the main character and/or the party get redpilled and realize the good guys are actually the...

What are some games where the main character and/or the party get redpilled and realize the good guys are actually the bad guys? For instance, the government they worked for are actually evil, or the current system they believed or their lives was there to protect them was all lies for a bigger ulterior motive.
What are some games where the MC takes the redpill?

Tales of Symphonia comes to mind with the ((church of Martell)) and Deus Ex of course.

Any other examples?

all their lives*

Why do people keep using redpilled if Matrix was made by Jews?

Final Fantasy X has literally the exact same story as Tales of Symphonia and it's arguably funnier.

The people who use the phrase redpilled are generally not very smart.

Not really. I disagree to that point. But I can agree to the former to a degree. FFX was plagued with a romance plot and taking itself way too seriously.

Please fumigate yourself. You reek of hip and leftypol.

You didn't think the dramatic zoom in on Wakka's face in the desert or the slow-mo running past Tidus when he realizes Yuna has to die weren't the funniest shit ever?

Give me a substantial claim before running your ass to the god damn ground.

Explains why 8/pol/ is a hellholle.
I use end/pol/ more often, honestly.

deus ex truly is a childrens game

Couldn't you be any more hipster?

Pretty sure the antagonist in Deus Ex was exuberantly flawed

bob page is a cartoon character with no depth and is great punctuation to the mediocre writing in the game

If hipster means preferring a place with actual discussion rather than being hugbox of a shithole with a swarm of halfchan refugees. Then YES. I am the biggest fucking hipster alive.

That happened in Trails of a lot.
In Phantasia you learn you are the ones abusing other people in that your tree of mana is a vampire destroying another planet

In Rebirth you learn that you're a huge hypocrite and das rasis

In Abyss you learn you stole the throne from the true heir not the other way around and you view people exactly like you as fakes and slaves

Yeah in Nier you learn eventually you're the bad guy. Great game

In Grandia II you learn the church is a vessel to worship a false god and the pope is trying to ressurect him. Kind of like how catholics worship saturn and jews molok.

nice job on missing the entire point also atheism is great god isn't real dude +rep

Finally an actual response.

Interesting. Guess I'll have to give Grandia II a bump in my back log

Abyss doesn't really touch much about luke in that regard. Its more like he bombs a mine, realizes hes a retard, and grows up. I think sync and the other disciples of Vann have bigger hypocrisies in their characters

You know what stupid people do when they feel slighted? Flip their shit, fling out random insults and accuse people of whatever they think is the most horrible thing.

You're stupid.

Last (you) I give you

He's really selfish and in the end didn't achieve anything. I'm also not an atheist but those interest groups do not worship Brahma/YHWH.

Yeah I like how luke is a retard but he feels bad. So much of japanese media has ditzy characters but they don't shape up, I'm referring in their treatment of the replicants and learning that he's not the real luke means he's just changing his opinions because it serves him not that its right,.

Yup this is definitely a calm and reasonable person and not a childish twit.

Hows your first day outside of leftypol going?

Alright leftypol, alright.

Yup, you're definitely a retard.

Everytime

Why listen to a retard?

I'm not listening to you though.

That's a pretty childish comeback, looks like you're no different from him.

Just like saying
You're reflecting pretty badly mate.

HAH

All I'm doing is calling out people on their idiocy. Just like all you're doing is defending a fellow idiot after I hurt his feelings about being an idiot.

Back on topic guys

You Holla Forumstards are so easily messed with

You're trying to act like "hero" on a fucking nippon woodcrafting board. Idiot

See, you're the retard after all. Good job.

lol

Read back your shit mate.

Don't give the leftpol-fag any (you)s, user
Just smugly continue constructively talking about the topic as the biggest fuck you to thread-sliding faggots like him

The only shit in this thread is what you and the other retard have written.

That wooden plank in front of your face will never be removed.

Man you're so cute when you try to sound smart.

I know, I'm bored and just done with the leftycucks fucking up other boards.
You're alright though.

No need to hit on me faggot. I am cute though that's true.

Not hitting on you, dogs are cute when they act like stupid idiots too.

And you're a dog hating furfag too. Damn.

lol, keep trying to reach for effective insults, one day you'll get there.

I'm gonna go now, better things to do, feel free to get the last word in, act smug, and pretend you won though.

I already won you just didn't know it yet. But go report back to your buddies acting like you're tough shit. Have a good one faggot.

Reminder Pagan Min did nothing wrong.

Jesus christ leftypol don't you have another DEEP book on anarchist theory to read

I don't understand why leftypol makes a board on a Holla Forums occupied site

Probably a nigger, only niggers hate dogs.

REKT

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ILLITERATE
YOU NEED TO READ BAKUNIN OR CHOMSKY

In FFX Yuna is going to get turned in to a battery unless Tidus plays tricks on her with a hot no a cold no actually it was hot cup of chocolate?

Pretty much every single MGS has been about stopping the good guys right before they can fix everything

This needs to stop.

Hatred almost did this. They decided to make it all just a joke though.

You just can't take being BTFO'd all the time. If you wanted a place that isn't a hugbox, guess what, this is what it's like.

We don't have to agree with you and in fact we can go tell you to fuck yourself. You're mad because we're not your hugbox, we're not anyone's. And that's why you can't control us. And that pisses you the fuck off.

Good.

This.
Although it is a neat concept, it is completely done to death. It really isn't hard to write something about a conflict where you at first work for an organisation, only to realise that it is evil and upon joining the enemy you find out that it wasn't actually as bad as you thought. I mean, there are a plenty of stories relating to war on this to the point where some even have the author defecting four times in a single conflict.

It's generic as fuck, user.

They are just intimating real life. The Vatican is corrupt as fuck.

I agree.

Yeah but they depict it as an almighty corrupt and unstoppable force of evil, while now it's just corrupt to the core and nothing else. And I don't really mind the idea of it being portrayed, it's just that pretty much anything involving either Christianity or Christian-like religions that play a central role in the story instantly has that type of story associated with it. It's so common that I would be surprised to see a game that ISN'T about the Vatican.

Tales of Vesperia's entire point is that and the two different protags work outside and inside the system to end the system.

Golden Sun 1 and 2 was about that when boulder god gives you a quest to save the world except you're actually damning it but don't know that and your cousin or some shit who got kidnapped who turncoated to the enemy's side is actually in the right, and you killed two of the heroes who were saving the world. When your two groups meet up finally, Cousin drops the red pills and original protag immediately joins you. Rock god wants to destroy the world because he thinks humans are too barbaric and won't use their Alchemy powers responsibly and doom the world anyway, and he turns your missing parents into a dragon god that you have to slay, but he ends up reviving them before he kicks the bucket

In Tales of the Abyss, the whole world's future is accurately foretold except that it's only accurate because it's only a measured series of events that everyone follows because they are told to by religion and the prophecy if followed leads to the destruction of the world, and naturally the party fucks that shit up real quick before the last line of the prophecy.

and

Final Fantasy X in which the main religion is followed, no machines, only natural living Except the dudes at the top aren't doing a fake religion speil for corrupt reasons, they're doing it because it's the only thing that gives the people hope in a world that is constantly assaulted by the dead and a giant fucking alien space whale godzilla that is the result of a priest who sacrificed himself to become a vessel of souls, using souls as weapons and armor in order to stop a violent and bloody war. This has been going on for a thousand years, and the whole population is so beaten down that all they can do is pray, from the top of society to the bottom. It takes literally one person, Tidus, to shake up the whole situation, create massive social shockwaves by simply questioning these beliefs and doing what he believes is right, and he is assisted by heretics, who dare to use technology to face the giant monster even at great cost to themselves, to formulate a plan that involves tearing open his armor and excising what remains of the original priest, using the song of the main religion to calm it enough to approach it's notable in that religion is not portrayed as evil, but rather a source of hope for people, but it recognizes that sometimes people need to stop praying and falling backwards to question beliefs once in a while, which is much less black and white then most stories that deal with religion do

Fuck you I like Final Fantasy X, that shit's fucking crazy it just needs better presentation

This is common as fuck few games do it well tales of is not one if them

One of the better ones is real life.

Eventually you find out the people claiming to be chosen by God are actually genocidal Satanists who literally (used correctly here) eat children.

It's a bit of both, really. I just want the church to be the good guys for once.

The Doom novelizations from the 90s have Mormons as the good guys.

I fail to see the point of downloading a game just to play a cutscene and then uninstall it, what a failure of a game

Go play a Trails game.
The church is a generally mundane, but helpful community fixture, barring some of the higher level divisions who are still decidedly good.

Psst.
>>>/polk/

Play the dragon quest games then

I really love retarded people like you user where I could turn capslock on and TALK LIKE THIS AND YOU WOULD THINK I'M MAD AS FUCK and use it as some sort of insult to try to degrade me when text no matter how you read it to yourself has no meaning towards how the person typing is actually acting, what's next you gonna' use age as an insult? "Go back to Reddit kid/kiddo! xD" Kill yourself my dude.

This from a Tarofag?

Uhh, Red Faction 2. Radiata Stories (depending on who you side with). Bulletstorm. Did Crackdown do this? I know at the end of the first one you find out the police basically pulled a Saints Row 2 Ultor to get in power. I never played the sequel though.

This thread got fucking dunked on by a couple of retards.

This takes me back

I thought I was the only one who remembered those

That is indeed a shame. Why bother playing the game to its fullest only to get a worse ending, when you could simply wait for 13 minutes, place your mom's ashes in the funeral and that s the best ending possible.

Not reading this retarded thread. Op is basically asking to get spoiled the story and twist of a game and then play it.

No, he's badly erping a Holla Forumsack falseflagging Holla Forums falseflagging Holla Forums and if it sounds retarded - it very well is

freudian slip much?