OK Holla Forums, we just had a fucking ton of games hit the scene with awesome music, gravity rush 2, nier automata...

OK Holla Forums, we just had a fucking ton of games hit the scene with awesome music, gravity rush 2, nier automata, snake pass, ni-oh and I'm probably forgetting a ton. What did you think of the music in these games? How would you rank them? Will they stand out in 5, 10 years? Did they capture the style of the game?

I love when great new game music comes with great new games. What were your favorite tunes from them?

Nioh definitely.

i don't think there are many other games that can beat the combat in NioH. its amazingly complex and i like how PVP is done against NPC versions of other players, while co-op is the actual players helping you.

its a shame that sony made their online services paid, in 10 years NioH servers will probably be fucking dead and some of the content will be locked as a result, nothing game-stopping, but yeah, you won't be able to farm for many items since without online player revenants don't spawn.

m8 I get what you're saying and really appreciate it, I think you've got awesome taste, but I'm talking about the music

well nioh definitely has some YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on it

but if you want some fucking good music you should check out let it die posting the one YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO theme from LID, the rest is mostly J pop and stuff

Hard to describe but I think I might be in love with the singer of this song

brilliant music. Vocal tracks in games that actually fit are some of the best, period. Pascal village in Nier Automata was something else. Felt like I was being pulled into a dream after the carnival.

It came out in 2015 technically, but Yakuza 0's OST is so fucking incredible, I can barely say that about most games now but even something simple like browsing some menus for item searching in this game are great. The Kuze track is also fucking great for boss fights.

it was available here this year, I'd say it counts. I think the biggest shame is Bubble getting the cut in the NA/EU release. It really makes the opening explode.

All trash compared to this

Only played Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata, Let it Die, and Yakuza 0 out of those mentioned - and yeah, the music on all of them is fucking great, but Gravity Rush 2 is just on a whole other level. Pretty much every single track is a winner, and compliments the scene/action/area/character so completely that it becomes iconic. Automata is probably next in excellence, but it's not consistent. The tracks are wonderful punctuations at times, but there are times where I forget I'm even listening to it. In Gravity Rush, there is never a moment when I'm not 100% aware of the sound track, or where that soundtrack does anything but add to the overall experience.

What an ugly console and controller. I can only imagine the trash that was released for it.

It's painful to know GR2's OST and the game itself won't be widely appreciated.

its kind of a miracle the sequel even got made. the first game also is as underappreciated, and also has music that is as amazing. Sony should have pushed it as a killer title at E3. Shit, did it even get a trailer during their presentation? I don't think it did, how embarrassing they let a first party game go so poorly supported while they gave E I G H T minutes to call of duty.

Breath of the Wild shamefully doesn't have very many memorable songs but the theme song for Hyrule Castle almost makes up for it just on its own, after a game full of mostly simple piano notes the whole the game just pushes all the nostalgia down your throat in the last dungeon

Here's also a version from inside the castle

I love video games.

Thank you for supporting the developers. It's very appreciated ^°^

Nintendo has never cared about sound and it shows even to this day. Their biggest flagship title has this garbage it's so typical of them…

Did we play the same game? There's maybe one or two tracks worth a damn.

NieR Automata definitely followed its prequel's steps, and has music that is worth listening to on its own, outside of the game. Hills of Radiant Winds, Kaine's Salvation, Temple of Drifting Sands and other masterpieces of the first game stand on equal ground with the Amusement Park theme, the Flooded City theme, the end credits song (especially the chorus version). I rarely gush about music, but man did this series make me have a hard-on for it.

I never had the time to listen Nioh soundtrack because my balls were sweating like hell from all the "oh shit oh shit oh shit" moments and victory screams when I won a boss, or survived a tight spot.

Does music from DLC count? Because it definitely should in this case.

Nioh was easy as shit though.

Once I got hang of it and started using Sloth, yes.

That music fits for Hyrule Castle, considering that it's the last dungeon. Besides, nostalgiabait music doesn't just pop in for Hyrule Castle, it's pretty common throughout the game.
Rito Village and Zora's Domain both reuse melodies from past iterations of their respective race's areas. The main melody in Rito Village is just a slower Dragon Roost Island.

M-me too.

It hurts my soul knowing ME:A will probably sell more copies.

I have been listening to it in my car nonstop. Made the mistake of blasting the OST with my window rolled down, and my peers gave me weird looks.

right now the main menu ost from Toukiden 2 (I know port but idc). It seems I've heard it from somewhere else though. Could be a similar style.

As for standing out 5-10 years later, I doubt it since a problem with the transition on the last quarter sucks.

That's what I was wondering too.

And those few tracks are Okatsu, Yuki-Onna/Saika Magoichi, and White Tiger/Ishida Mitsunari

Also, NieR Automata OST is now up on iTunes.

Anyone care to share it?