What does Holla Forums think of the Nintendo Switch...

What does Holla Forums think of the Nintendo Switch? I personally believe it's a sad pathetic excuse for a 9th gen console but at the same time, but at the same time, it's factually the most powerful handheld!

This hybrid console could potentially blend both consumers who don't like consoles AND those who don't like handhelds!

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-8073.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great potential as a handheld.
Only retarded kids carry handhelds in their pockets. And look retarded while doing so. The only excuseable one would be a GBA micro.
If you don't want to carry a switch case around (also retarded, unless you are boarding on a 10h flight you won't need a case for your switch and 4+ games)
Get pic related, throw it in your bag.

As a home console it's… ok I guess. Aside from zelda, it doesn't have any games to justify buying it as a home console yet, hopefuly

Nintendo has always played their own game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Let's wait to see what huge turds Sony and Microsoft drop before we judge. That being said, I don't think the Switch is really a 9th gen console, but everyone is going to insist it is anyway so what can you do? Like all consoles, don't buy it until there are at least 5 games on it you can see yourself playing for several hours.

I agree with

A shitty console, but an amazing handheld.

As much as Nintendo really want people to think it's a home console, I've always considered it a handheld that happens to have a TV mode.

As a handheld it's almost unrivaled, so it has that going for it.

We don't need to. This console is weaker than than the prior-gen base PS4!

Then what the hell is it?

I'd say it's simply Nintendo's second 8th gen console.

So what does rival it?

I think he means how pointless they will be. Will they be just another generation of overpriced, gimped and DRMd desktops? Microsoft has dropped all pretense of the xbone not being just a PC and the PS4 Pro is just sad.

I genuinely dont know what it go make of jt. Its clearly a successor to the Wii U but its barely anymore powerful which is embarrassing for a home console along a shit battery life, and as a handheld it seems fine outside of shit battery life.

It sounds like a great handheld outside of being a zelda machine but after hearing about microcomputers I'm less interested.

It's tablet that can't even do basic shit the simplest of tablets can do…

I just mean, it's not as powerful as other consoles and its not being released at the same time as the other consoles (unless the new Xbox comes out next year?). Should we really consider it 9th gen? It's more like 8th gen. 8.5 at best. The WiiU is going to be mostly forgettable, and honestly seemed like a Wii with minor improvements.
We need to see the other consoles because they could release with massive issues and nogaems even worse than the switch. Though, to be honest, it looks like the Switch is the fuck up.

What do you want it to do other than just play games? Do you want it to be a resource hog with lots of extraneous shit hogging resources like the Xbone and PS4?

I think your mom gives great rimjobs.

I think it has an absolutely tremendous amount of promise that it has yet to realize until the first year is over and it finally has some original games that aren't BOTW, Bomberman and some puzzle games. Nothing at the moment truly makes use of the extra power from the dock (flagship BOTW runs near-identically, actually worse in TV mode as compared to handheld mode). I bought it at launch to sit on it for piracy/firmware purposes and it's my sincere advice you should wait until end of the year if you want a stellar selection, or at least wait until Spla2n is released.

Reading all the shitposting about how it will bomb in spite of the fantastic sales has been hilarious though, I still read people wondering how Nintendo squeezed that much power out of a Tegra X1 while it completely sails over their head that Nintendo has an actual cooling method for it and aren't underclocking it to depend on environmental cooling like almost all mobile solutions. inb4 crowbcat video is posted to shitpost about how all switches are damaged second-hand purchases

ur switch-tan a shit
Switch-tan should be a little fairy, or a loli. Something small, since it's a handheld (sort of).

Well maybe amazing is the wrong word, I just really like the joycon concept of taking a regular tablet and putting addons on the sides.

It's mandatory at this point. But it's disappointing that it's weaker than the newer smartphones out there, less functionalities, and weaker battery power. Doesn't help the fact that docking the console actually decreases performances compared to prerelease rumors.

Well yeah Smach Z will probably be the better handheld, however I REALLY dig the idea of additional joycons with multiple button playouts

Well it should be known that Nintendo are a huge bunch of jews, so hardware being shit is a given. However I'm looking towards the game and accessory outlook.

I see people say this every now and then. I must admit I'm tech iliterate (last time I built a PC was prior to 2009), but I'm sceptical of this. Zelda alone blows away many mobile games out there. So what kind of power does mobile phones have that the switch don't?

I think he wanted a handheld with the power of an Xbox One, which is understandable considering that they were advertising it as a console for some retarded reason. Maybe they didn't wanna deal with the backlash of exiting the console market and made up some excuse.

Well that's mainly because you can't sell a 20+ dollar game on the google play store.

I've seen this before, however I haven't seen anything being released.

Also that layout is terrible.

According to tests, Switch CPU speeds at a little more than 1GHz while the 2015 Shield K1 delivers 2.2GHz and it's cheaper.

Got you covered.

It's a game machine first and foremost. Dunno what you were expecting.
This one chaps my ass, the battery life is definitely negligible. I'm not sure if that's because some games like BOTW are intense resource hogs or the battery is just poor or even both. As for docking the console decreasing performance, that one I've traced to BOTW being a bizarre port from the Wii U, so it doesn't quite know how to "handle" being docked. Most every other game I've played has had insignificant benefits from being docked or has had no benefit at all from being docked, because it already performed perfectly on handheld mode.

Newest/newer mobile phones have more powerful hardware than the Switch, but don't actually make any use of that power because of being forced to cool environmentally. I mentioned before that Nintendo's not severely underclocking a Tegra X1 as their graphics hardware, and it's able to keep pace with and exceed Wii U even though it's a decently old part Nintendo probably got under the table for very cheap.

You cannot really say this because there is no info about their custom CPU/GPU and there is stuff to compare it to:
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-8073.php

There is also PSP Go.
It is still PSP and it fits in your pocket. It is surprisingly useful in crowded places when you don't want to get to your bag.

Because nearly all of them are made by small companies. Just get to amazon or some other shop and start browsing.
I am 90% sure the one that you would like is already here.

The console at portable mode is down-clocked to 307.2 MHz so that it will be possible to hit thermal and battery life targets.

a fairy switch-tan would be neat

All the Switch tans are missing the beauty mark. It's a missed opportunity.

Fucking hell, I take back what I said.

Fuck Nintendo.

it's a platform for games, 5+ good exclusives, and I'll consider, I'm not poor, so 5 good ones is enough/ console

I want to strangle people at gamestop selling their entire stock to drugged up looking mexicans, they aren't gonna buy any of your used games and get your comission up. They're going to scalp them.

I'm glad Nintendo is fucking up this hard. Once the Switch dies down in another year or two, Sony and Microsoft can actually start gen 9 with real consoles, not this gay defective nonsense.

It would be a good handheld if it didn't try to run watered down PS4 ports and just had its own handheld-tier games on it.
So it's a junk console which is also a junk handheld.

Yet another underpowered console with useless gimmicks and no games for manchildren.

Depends. If it can provide support and advertising equal to the PSP and not Vita then it can succeed.

I don't disagree with what you said or how you put it, OP, but damn…the options when it comes to consoles are, what, the PS4 and Xbone? Fuck both of those. Real gaming happens on my PC, the console is for the wife & kids. I'm not interested in the Switch yet, but I will pick up all those used, cheap WiiU games.
Breath of the Wild is fun. I don't feel like I need a Switch yet, probably won't for a few years. It will be problematic if more than one person in my household wants to take the Switch out in Gameboy mode, and I'm sure that will happen more than once.

I'm not saying they'll be good, they just won't be some faggy gimmick machine.

Yeah, instead they'll release a watered down PC that nobody will optimize for and have far too small storage space for their own game.
Then we'll really know we're in the future.

Can't really argue with that, fam.

Was moreso laughing at the idea of Sony/Microsoft putting out a console when both are currently content to put out iterative upgrades, showing they haven't learned from letting the PS3/360 generation drag out too long.

When does sony and microsoft's gen 8 start? Don't they have to make games for a gen before going to the next one?

PS5 will be announced 2019, released 2020

Looks good.
Can't wait for the tards to buy up all the prototypes so I can get a V1.0 model in 15 months or so.

Savage

I despise it for locking Pokémon's and monster hunter's online behind a pay wall.
They're not even announced for the system buy you know they're coming.

What's the problem, poorfag. Are you too
poor
to pay a few bucks for online
yeah, nah, paid online is shit. I'll get even more mad when the new pokemon is announced to be an MMO, because I'll want to play it

You are not this dumb, are you user?

I have no idea because

I CAN'T FUCKING GET ONE

As the moment it's way too much for way too little for me. I already have a 3ds and Vita for handheld gaming and I can just play on the PC instead when I'm at home.
I'll give it another look in a year or two from now. Once its had its kinks worked out, has more than a single game worth playing on it, and maybe a price drop, I'll see if I'm interested in one.

Really makes me think.

I was expecting the Switch to cost less and be more powerful. In hindsight that was kinda foolish to expect. My more lasting disappointment with the Switch is in all the little ways it sucks.

I'll see how it goes in a year or two. I really want Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, but I'm not lucky enough to get a non-defective system and there are plenty of games in my backlog to keep me occupied with until death.

I think it looks pretty neat, and I like the idea of being able to play most of my handheld games on a TV and most of my console games on the go. I just hope it gets good games and the hardware gets fixed up. I'm not going to buy it until I know the failure rate and trust that I'll most likely get a good unit.

they won't ever reduce prices that is the nintendo way either you pay full price now or full price 50 years later

Do you work for Nintendo or a Nintendo-contracted PR firm by any chance?

Fucking thing has the same use-deployment scenario as a laptop does, it is not portable outside of one's home or for use in a coffee shop (even then a laptop doesn't require the use of sound + controllers). DS fit snug in my pockets and I was a child.

Nigger what? Nintendo reduce hardware costs every couple of years, and EOL fire sales are quite common (SNES and GCN both went dirt cheap at the end of their lives), and especially on handhelds as revisions come out.

(checked)
Yeah, there's other stuff too. Like no reviews on the eShop, the eShop itself is the most terrible basic lay out, no activity tracker, no little notepad applet like on the 3DS that also saves screenshots, it's obvious Nintendo rushed this out to boost their end of financial year report which is soon.

So this is how you make a console. Not bad.

If you don't have woman jeans the thing fits in a pocket. Not that you should be doing that - as someone else said, only GBA Micro and PSP Go should actually be used that way.

Not to mention you have to enter your card info EVERY TIME you want to buy something. What is this, 1999?

The 3ds had a price drop

I think you mean the ds.

Are you saying the other consoles are any better?

You mean those sonyggers didn't convince you at the Switch launch that the PS4 is the best console ever and that Sony is for the gamers?

Hello

Follow me

I use to think the Switch could of used an X2 Tegra but that shit isn't stable since nobody is using it and when it is stable they will probably keep it as the same clock but get a better battery life. I think its powerful a handheld they could make with that tablet form factor. You could argue about the need for a hybrid console but when it comes to power there is not a lot they could do other than maybe put something in the dock so you get actual 1080p 60fps

Ok, where to?

well Holla Forums is Nintendo happy land…so they love it
my opinion….it's shit

honestly this is the Ouya 2 and you can get a better android portable system with a better screen and more power for cheaper, but it says Nintendo on it…..I expect it to be emulated in six months and if any good games do get released that are exclusive you'll be able to play them on your PC, but I don't expect much from nintendo anymore

Even if i'd never want a switch myself, pc is fucking disgusting.

I can't wait for that thing to be cracked and the games running on any piece of crap with a tegra

I think it needs more than one game.

Prove it. I heard it was IPS.
If this POS is TN then I'm skipping it until the later revisions are hacked.

No games, will buy if/when it has games. That's what I think.

I image its similar to the 3DS where some came with an IPS panel while others came with a TN panel depending on supply line availability. With screens this small viewing-angles really don't make all that big of a difference

But they do.

Its less noticeable when the screen is smaller vs looking at a 15 inch screen and having one half inverted

Anyone tried the pro controller on PC

You're going to need to wait the required 3 to 4 years, Nintendo shill. Splatoon 2 isn't going to be enough to sell me on this abomination. Hell, the new Mario game won't either.

Bags are for fags.
Cases are for aces.
Switches are for bitches.

The only time I don't carry my 3DS in my pocket is when I'm carrying a gun in it.

idk
the dog iscute, I would fuck it

The games go sub 30fps when docked.

I actually like this. Of course no system is failproof, but knowing they hopefuly don't store that info on theor servers gives me a little relief

Been torn between GPD Win, Smach z, and the switch lately.

The last handheld I owned was a gameboy advanced, so I didn't get to play any of the DS titles nor have I owned any Nintendo console past the SNES which is why the switch being the most powerful commercial handheld for the time being sounds tempting. Zelda, Xenoblade, Monster hunter, Splatoon and Pokemon alone would keep me occupied for a good while.

But paid online sub fee is a turn off along with features I won't use bundled in such as the dock which scratches the screen anyway, and the detachable wireless joy cons along with the joy con accessories which add to the cost when all I am interested in is the handheld itself with a solid lineup of titles that I would enjoy.

That being said despite all its flaws I would be all over it even at its current price point if someone manages to get it streaming games and video from PC legally. The problem is that there is no guarantee that Nintendo wouldn't crack down on such efforts since it would harm their eshop profits.

GPD Win would be amazing for emulation+light PC games and is very flexible since it is running as a PC would in an incredibly small form factor. Since I already have a solid PC at home I can stream my resource intensive games to the device while laying down in the comfort of my bed making it extremely tempting since I won't have to worry about backwards compatibility with such a device and can play games I already own on my PC without hardware fragmentation.

What irks me with Win GPD is the low battery life and control scheme, the analog sticks cannot be depressed and there are 2 shoulder buttons instead of four. The price is too hefty for what it is worth, however the membrane keyboard is a welcomed addition as I really hate typing on touchscreen.

Smach Z is tempting because it has a better display and control scheme, it is also more powerful than GPD bringing it in line with the switch without Nintendo's bullshit. If it can emulate PS2 games reliably it would be amazing.

The downside is that it is not released yet so all information concerning it can be subject to change or be misleading. The touchpads in their latest prototype look uncomfortably small, and their latest prototype is quite bulky, no idea about battery life, 5 hours play time at least is what I would like to see.

Pocket holster, you dunce.

Get any good tablet, and an iPega PG-9023. The result is something like that.

I wouldn't trade the fuckload of classic consoles I can emulate with that for the few modern stuff I could get on a Switch.

But does your tablet have good games?

I can't believe how many anons thought it would fail and no one would buy it. How disconnected from reality are you fuckers? A handheld with no competition? Handhelds have always sold more units than home consoles, I would have been more surprised to see the Switch fail.

fucking lol

Damn that's savage

That was probably the easiest bait post I've ever read. 0/10 I'd be surprised if you fooled even a newfag from r/pcmasterrace, let alone any Holla Forumsirgins.

Any Android tablet can run emulators. So you could ask instead: does your Atari 2600 / NES / SNES / GameBoy / GameBoy Advance / NDS / Master System / Mega Drive / Game Gear / TurboGrafx-16 / MSX / Neo Geo / Neo Geo Pocket / PlayStation / PSP have good games?

I'm not baiting, PC is trash and part of the cancer killing the industry.

I know this is bait but I also can can bet on the fact you are from America.

There's more value in old libraries than new ones.

It's not a good handheld because it has the battery life of a morbidly obese 12 year old and it's not a good console mainly because it has no games but also because of the amount of gimmicks nintendo threw in it and will force people to use if they want their game on the system.

Switch is probably their least gimmicky console in quite some time, user. Slap joycons onto the system itself or in the grip accessory (or just use a pro controller) and there's your hardcore, or wave it around like a retard as for 1-2-Switch and there's your Wii-era bargain bin gimmick stuff.

Truth.
If Switch was able to play WiiU and 3DS games, most of people here would agree switch is decent console. Including backwards compatibility WiiU and 3DS had.

With all the friggin Wii U ports coming out for it it might as well have Wii U backwards-compatibility, and given they put DS titles on the Wii U virtual console who knows what they'll do for DS or 3DS.

It only has 3 hours of battery life for intense games. I believe it goes 5 hours or so for I am Setsuna and 6+ for Shovel Knight.

You are a nigger.

This, real men carry their handhelds in their rectums.

Its a shit console.

It amazes me anyone here is actually discussing the Switch, Nintendo has provided you another shitty gimicky console.

And once again nintedrones are in this thread denying reality like when the announcement that the Wii U is being cut.

Console-tans is just a faggot marketing tactic to get faggots to buy a console.
The Switch-dog was better because the furry was a perfect abomination to summarize the Switch.

It also pissed you faggots off.
There is nothing but evidence of the Switch being shit, and all anyone wants to talk about on Youtube is how bad the cartridges taste.
Because their is fuck all to discuss positively about the system.

It's not that expensive. You can find a good tablet for less than $100, and that gamepad costs $25. The Switch costs $300.

I tape it to my ballsack.

The Shield is half the price of a 3DS and is more powerful than the Switch.

People here really like android gaming? Seems like a pale imitation of the real thing to me.

gamestop sells a 2DS for 75$ and a n3ds for 189$. nvidia shield tablet MSRP is 199$. Android has very few good games but it's not like the handheld consoles can compete against "very few good games", plus you get emulation on top without having to wait on hacks.

It's the best way to emulate games on the go, Retroarch+PPSSPP+Drastic+Dolphin wherever you are.

"Android gaming" is pretty well nonexistent, mostly ports or remakes of SNES-era games and runner stuff. Most people buy a tablet for emulators.

Emulators are kind of neat, but I find myself wanting to play new indies on the go over old games I could play on my PC if I wanted to. I don't usually fire up emulators nowadays. I'm also a fan of Nintendo games so the Switch feels like the perfect fit for me. Might actually move my indie purchases from Steam to Nintendo eShop if they are not stupidly downgraded.

How is that bait? I didn't buy the Switch for portable indies, but now that I have it, the Switch versions are arguably the superior versions. I probably won't buy them unless I have a trip planned, but it's a nice option. Steamworld Dig 2 can't come soon enough.

I think its the best prospective console in 10 years. It has a good first year lineup, build quality is solid and the cost is decent. Only console warrior shitheads are crying about it.

This shill again that doesn't webm his shitty clickbait video.

It looks cheap as fuck, what are you talking about. Part of the console is just one huge lump of cheap feeling hard plastic that scratches the screen

Nigger, unless he makes money off of it, there's no need to make a webm.

Not really, but i'm sure as fuck not from europe like you seem to be. Otherwise i'd be endlessly praising the console that gave birth to Steam and the SJW indie cancer poised to kill the industry.

You tell me. I'll consider getting the Switch XL they'll release next year.

If you shove it in at a funny angle. No problem with my own.

I own one and think it's a big piece of shit. Maybe I'll change my tune if I get some quality Mario and Metroid titles. Wouldn't mind a gimmickless starfox too.

I expected Nintendo to go in a different direction with the new CEO then we get this shit that's so weak that's it's actually fucking debatable if it's actually a 9th gen console and a shitty launch

You forget that some people think that the Switch is just a Zelda machine.

Mine that I've been super careful with does have scuffing on the bottom right of the screen where everyone else is getting it. And the left joycon frequently losing input even from like 4ft away is infuriating. The extra kick in the nuts is that the new Zelda is awful and that's all it has.

Amazes me people defend this shit thinking it's "natural" for console releases to be so fundamentally broken that trying to store it will scratch the fucking screen. There's no way this problem is in the tiny minority with all the fuck ups it has.

honestly it's a great idea bretty ok design with alot of manufacturing flaws because >made in china
but when they start rolling out the second batches and it gets some more os updates/apps/features/games it'll be a real contender marketwise, and games wise.

god help us when it gets netflix and every normalfag won't shut up about "fuck I just picked it up and continued my show. no interuptions"

The fact it's selling so well is disgusting, as are people defending these flaws saying that the consumer should pay extra just to ensure the console doesn't break itself from regular use.

oh boy another fucking company trying to make a handheld into a retarded portable PC. Features include: playing games you can already play better on the platform you already own, streaming because input lag is goat, "five" hours of battery life so it isn't really that portable, last but not least we decided not to devote any time to an actual OS and will instead let you choose between a 75% broken Windows install or Linux (those guys always fix our mistakes ten years later). This is literally Ouya 2: Handheld Boogaloo

instead of the most powerful industrial gaming handheld? Unless Sony makes another half assed attempt at making a handheld the only "handhelds" will be the Chinese minicomputers that run emulators. The Switch is not a real handheld as much as the people at the start of this thread try to shill. A handheld is reasonably portable, the Switch is not.

This question is fucking retarded. If the best thing your console does is play other console's games your console is shit.

The people here "discussing" it are either trying to trick themselves into thinking it was a good purchase or Nintendo hiring people to shill it. It is a shit console. It isn't a real handheld and it isn't a good console.

Recent Nintendo consoles are nothing but Zelda and Pokemon machines.

b-but how will they keep prices low without muh build quality suffering?

The system so far has been great, it's great to be able to just rip it out of the dock and keep playing, and to be able to shove it in my bag and continue playing just like that, the sleep mode appears to be able to stay like that for longer than a week, the graphics are great, the screen quality is great, apart from my own self inflicted issue of the system not having much to play after Zelda, I've got no issues,the Joycon grip is much better than expected, The Switch is great to use in handheld mode and in docked mode. It only has 1 game and it's already my favourite 8th gen console.

It's a piece of shit with broken hardware AND broken software, and it only has four fucking games, none of which are actually worth buying AND require a Switch to play.
You know what just came out today for it? Mother Fucking Lego City Undercover. Wasn't that game a launch title for the goddamn Wii U? I think the only reason it even came out for the switch is because it finally went multiplat and hit the xbone and PS4 as well.

Why did they even rush this thing to market? What's the competition? The "4K" upgraded versions of the other consoles nobody fucking plays?

The Lego game apparently comes in a 8gb cart which is not enough for the actual game, so you gotta download it regardless.
At least that's what the boxart says, it even has the text 'INTERNET REQUIRED' on it. But then WB said it's not actually required to download the 'rest of the game' and that cart players are getting 'the full experience'.
I'm guessing this is going to be a THPS5 situation: The cart has some parts of the game and the rest is in the download.

But the worst thing of all in the Switch is in the fact that Nintendo purposefully left out a way to export/import savedata. This is obviously since they fear hacks, considering most entrypoints for early Nintendo hacks are overflows with save files. It is still fucking shitty to do for the consumer:
There isn't even a PS+ like cloud storage solution (at least that could've helped). Sony stupidly made it so that savedata files copy themselves with the whole game data combined from the Vita - and it was encrypted on top of that - but you could always restore it when needed.
Nintendo doesn't even give you that, and that means if the console dies or gets lost, all saves are gone. Carts can't store savedata either, that is just plain fucking bullshit.

please use archive.ism/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download

Maybe Nintendo will fix the save transfer things when their online service receives a full release, it's a pretty bad decision I would say, but It's not important.

Hope you have something to do the other half of your flight after the Switch's batteries run out

3/4 of the flight.

It's going to be hated here because it's not going to be a PC.

It's not going to do every game at 60fps at 1080p.

It's not going to having graphics and processing power on par with high-end cards and CPUs that are currently available.

But, in true Nintendo fashion, it's going to have the very best games released on any platform, yet people will think it's a gigantic waste of money.

But why not take this opportunity to bash Nintendo, amiright?

A gameboy wouldn't break because of some vents
I threw my old GBA on the concrete as a child, left it outside, did all sorts of shit that was done as an Autistic retard
and yet I still have it to this day and works perfectly
Doesn't even look that badly damaged either

Keep chugging that corporate kool-aid

Fuck off faggot
My favourite system, ahead of a PC is a PSP with the DS coming in 2nd
It's not because of power that the Switch is shit
It's just that the switch is shit

I wouldn't mind if it could do 60FPS 900p, but they can't even do that.

Holy shit, what gives Nintendo a free pass to do fucking anything wrong and get away with it? Just spend 5 minutes looking around online and you'll see it's not just a one off thing, but something that a lot of people have.

Having said that though, it's safer to assume it's a manufacturing issues, because the temperature supposedly doesn't get higher than 60 Celsius or something, but keep sucking their poorly injection molded cock while you cut the corners of your mouth on the seams.

It's a good compliment to a PC, as far as consoles go it will be the best of the Gen, it's really only a matter of when it will surpass the other 8th gen systems, probably next year. Switch throws a pretty good wrench into the PS4 and Vita machine, it's going to outsell the PS4 in Japan so there's always the chance that it will steal support from Japanese developers that make games primarily for Japan, there's also games staying locked to Nintendo systems like Monster Hunter, Which is something I personally Enjoy watching, I think SMT 5 will be the best one though.

Just like your gameboy his Switch is not broken.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is 1080 @ 60 though.

It will be in 5 years

Maybe Jailbroken.

that'll be 3 years

Unknown, but I don't expect it to be closed for it's whole lifetime.

I'm guessing 3 years as that's how long it took the 3ds, the Wii U and it looks like maybe the PS4

wait, they're all 4 years weren't they

I don't know, I don't pirate console games, but I wouldn't say 3-4 is a bad guess.

Call me stupid, but
what excites me the most about the switch are the controls.
Wii had a LOT of games with waggle controls, but some games introduced good uses for motion controls. I think one of the reasons it didn't had many normal games was because the controls simply didn't aconodate a traditional playstile.
When a successor was about to be released, I was hoping for a "traditional" controler that could be broken into motion parts, to acomodate various playstiles, The WiiU was announced instead, and I didn't even looked nintendo's way since, not even as a secondary console.

But the switch does what I wanted. So maybe now there's hope.

The Wii-mote being the standard was a big problem with the Wii, I think the Joycons are a great successor to the Wii-mote, although they lack the IR functionality of the Wii-mote. Personally I think the only real value I've seen from motion controls is the gyro aim, the fact that gyro aim had been possible with standardized controllers for over a decade but it took more than 8 years for anyone to really take advantage of it is an absolute joke.

You know nintendo will do everything they can to stand in the way of compatibility if they can sell you the same game several times over at full price (But muh Zelda!). Why do you think they went to cartridges in the first place? 2017. Cartridges.
The thing is, I don't think anyone actually believes this is a portable. People talk all the time about who this system is for, and no one ever says themselves. Most people talking about the Switch explain their content feelings by saying "It's a jack of two trades, so it's gotta please someone." While it's wise for Nintendo to pull away from the home console market, I don't think this appeals to either audience.
The Switch is either a cheap tablet with a poor battery life that scratches or breaks from just existing, or another joke of a console that expects you to pay more for worse reliability and performance.

This is what I mean. The Switch is a device that reeks of compromise. No one really wants this, the Switch is exemplary of Nintendo losing its place in the world, and the only thing Nintendo truly knows how to be is its typical self. Desperate design choices and restrictions done out of a mix of greed and survival. Nintendo's not dying, it's just doomed to exist in a world that barely needs it anymore.

Remember how indestructible Gamecubes and GBA's were?

I have a friend at work who brings in his Switch to play Zelda on his lunch break. I think the thing has too many unnecessary hardware gimmicks, but it can in fact function as a portable.

Maybe yes and maybe no, apparently the Switch operates on an updated version of the 3DS kernel, skinned to look like Android and with FreeBSD's network stack. I've also seen bits and bobs that it just uses FreeBSD period with some Nintendo skins and modifications. Either way, Switch being cracked open will probably happen sooner than we expect.

Just people who haven't used one