What GPU do you use for gaming?

What GPU do you use for gaming?

1050 Ti here. On a single 1080p monitor. Gets the job done.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Vulkan_support
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
google.com/amp/s/www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_SLI/?amp
jide.com/remixos-for-pc
fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1607.frag)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 GTX 770s.

Dual 1080ti in sli.

GTX 1070 EVA

A single XFX r9 290. I can play good games in 1080p so it's all I really need.

For my desktop I use a r9 290x
For my eGPU I use a gtx 780

my boi

Ya blew it, kid.

I'm still on a gtx 750, what to upgrade to?

Zotac GTX 1060. Surprisingly good for the price. I can run most games from before 2015 in 2k with a good framerate. Most modern games I'll have to turn down the graphics options or play in 1080.

upgraded from GTX570 to RX480 4gb version on 1080p monitor
run everything on max no problemo
but i found out that nvidia is better than AMD when it comes to openGL

I have a 980Ti with an apple cinema display that I got for 200$.

If you still want low TDP that doesn't need 6 pin connector, go for 1050 Ti.
If you have a bit more cash and willing to go with 6pin, get 470.

I just realized that image is old as fuck

4GB 380 on a 1080p screen.

1060, 6GB model. The ugly as fuck gigabyte "xtreme gaming" one, because it was hilariously going for the same price as basic models. No one wanted it.

Should run everything worth running for the next few years.

same one, pretty much runs anything at highest settings at 1080p

A Gainward 1070 because as surprising as it seemed a 1050ti can bottleneck you even if all you do is emulate and because that was the only brand I didn't hear bad shit from on top of being 400 bucks instead of 470 for the next best price.

1050 Ti was crushing the 460, so AMD had to cut the 470 price.
Which is why you see a bunch of faggots on 1050 Ti videos and sites just saying "lul just get the 470"

This

my 1060 niggers

Had to go Nvidia to begin with because "muh PCSX2" so 460/470/480 wasn't really ever something I considered.

GTX 460 SE. I manage.

c'mon man. It's time to upgrade.

RX 480 8gb. good card got it 80 bucks off, only problems come from nvidia… ssao and jewworks (tessellation/hair) seem to drop fps quiet a bit

I recently upgraded from a 460.The fans on it died and it kept overheating so I got a 1060. Later on I fixed the fans and gave it to a friend. Still runs like a champ and for what I use it for I could have easily kept it.

GTX 960, used to have a 760 but I sent it in when it died under warranty and they sent me the 960.

RX 460

I had enough money for something better but the higher tier cards are heating up like a bitch for what they offer.

should've gotten a 1050 ti tbh

GTX 670 on single 1080p display, don't see why I would need anything better.

R7 240 4GB. Yup, i'm a poorfag.

rx480

GTX780. (1080p)
Still works great.

RX 480 8GB
Eventually want to put a second one in after I upgrade from my FX-8370 if the 4 core Ryzen CPUs deliver decent speeds, but if not I guess I'll end up with an intel cpu after the competition drives hopefully forces prices drops on their older high-end models.

I tweaked a dual graphics setup using a R7 240 to run DOOM at around 50 fps on medium settings. It is sort of fun figuring out how to make the thing not run like shit.

it's not like there's any pc games that are worth upgrading for.

The 4 core Ryzen should get you something around Ivybridge performance levels which is more than enough to deal with games and emulation in general, depends if you're talking about the 4C/8T ones or 4C/4T ones though because due to architecture fuckery the latter should actually be better for games in general (10% or so)

Surely it's worth it just to be capable of supersampling at 4K at high FPS, no?

no, who cares?

We'll see once they hit the market, but can't I just disable HT if there's actually significant performance impact?

yeah it's really not. nobody benefits from playing stalker at 4k or doom at 4k.

Like I said, no PC games worth upgrading for.

Unless they change the µarch which they likely won't we already kinda know how they will behave by using on of the already released one and disabling cores, if the 1200X/1100 are really available at sub $170 price they're gonna be pretty damn good for cheap gaming builds.

You can but that's not all there is to it, the big issue is that part of the CPUs (all the ones that are capable of doing SMT) use a two modules architecture, the big issue with that is that communication between those two modules is extremely slow now that wouldn't be a problem if windows wasn't retarded and decided to shuffle tasks all around your CPU for no good reason but it does so that means you lose 10% or so performance in many cases.

Intel HD Graphics 520. There's enough good 2D games out there.

GTX 760.
It was doing well enough unitl Nier Automata.
It can play that shit in 1080p at around 40 fps, and that's just not good enough.
I guess I'm going to buy either 1070 or 1080 in 2-3 months, because I blew all my money on vacation in the beginning of this year.
Also I hope it gets cheaper at that point.

Every game ever can benefit from supersampling/4K (unless of course it makes it a slideshow, but that's the point of upgrading), and 144+ FPS with a monitor to match is absolutely a worthy investment for practically every game even if it's just to cut out tearing. Not to mention graphical mods sapping performance on older games.
I mean come on, STALKER? That game absolutely looks better with supersampling. The foliage shows aliasing like a bitch.

I'm using a 200hz monitor, graphics don't matter and there are hard diminishing returns after 60fps. 90 is barely better and 120 is hardly noticeable over 90.

3d games are the only ones that would benefit from super sampling, and it largely isn't a benefit once you get into the math behind things like texels.

GTX 750 - Handles most things just fine, as I don't play newer shit much.

I take it you're waiting for Nier to get cracked. Good thing you have such patience, as it won't run at 60 mate.
We have to move on.

Anything that's vram heavy I just can't play in general, because muh 1.2 gig. I heard it's a good game so far, but I'm not putting up with securom 2: electric boogaloo to satisfy my curiosity. I'll stick with remastered turok 2, which won't break my gpu like a little bitch.

GTX680. Still runs everything, albeit not at max settings. I'll be going AMD next time though. Fuck the "GeForce Experience" right in its ass. The green jew has pinched its last shekel from me.

I mean once it's get cracked there is no reason not to play it.
It's not "pretty good", it's the best game of 21st century so far.

Replaced my 670 with a 1070 at the end of last year. I expect this card to be viable just as long.

Whichever Brian Fagioli recommends.

Voodoo5 5500

RX 470, it handles itself so well I can get 45 FPS on overwatch with a Pentium 4. I eventually upgraded that too, but man that was a cool as shit feeling. Made me wanna see what else I could make that toaster pop out.

Using my 390 atm, it's great, however I want to move away from 60 fps to 144hz on ultra settings for most games. Right now I have to play on low settings to reach 144. Planning to upgrade to vega and get a freesync monitor in the near future though.

I also have a 1070, unfortunately it can't cut it for that target FPS & settings at 1080p sadly.

GTX 650 Ti. It's kinda weak, but with a little overclocking it gets the job done, most of the time.

But this keeps me in a bind. I could possibly afford a new GPU, but this one is not so bad that I can justify that. But I also really wanted to buy a new, higher definition monitor (mostly for Photoshop actually). But this GPU is not good enough to handle vidya at higher definition. So, if I got the new monitor, I could justify getting a badass new GPU. Now the catch is my budget: I can afford one or the other - even though I'd need both to actually feel any improvement.

Get a load of this retard. 120 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than 60 fps. 90 fps is too slow, it drives me nuts playing Unreal engine games that are locked to 90fps.

Fagioli Fagioli when's Vega coming outioli

EVGA GTX 970. For 1080p/60hz, it does the job.

Vulkan > DX12
Windows 10 is shit. My mother's Win10 laptop recently had Windows Defender alert her of a Trojan. Turns out it was a false positive on a file from some random shitty game that had been automatically installed without her consent. I found that there were well over a dozen of these random shitty games that had been installed automatically. Microsoft makes money by putting these games on your PC.

Not everyone makes two renderers for everything. Like it or not, gaming is going to become a divisive medium on the PC. You either have a Windows 10 activation, beit a VM or a native install, or you're not going to get to play the latest games, not even the good ones. Especially with new methods to thwart VMs.

So you gotta make a choice, do you want to play the games coming from Japan or not? Cause they're not using Vulkan, and they don't fucking know what Vulkan is.

GTX 960
I still can run Nier Automata and Witcher 3 in ~40FPS on medium settings. It looks like I won't need any upgrade until next console generation.

DX12 will never happen. In 10 years we will all be forced to either use Win10 or migrate to something else. This gives any other technology 10 years head start for all devs to switch on it.
Japs will eventually hear about it. Until then they will just use DX11 like all devs who doesn't wants to go bankrupt.

There are also plans to spread Vulkan on iOS and OS X. If this will happen, you can say goodbye to DX12.

Is this a meme? DX12 renderers are going in all the latest games. DX12 has been out for almost 2 years, same as Vulkan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_Vulkan_support
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

Look at publishers and you will realize why so many of them are exclusive to DX12.

Upgraded to GTX 950 last year after my 550 died, I don't play much anyway and it gets the job done, plus I don't mind lowering the graphics.

My 960 can still run everything coming out at 1080p with full graphics. Unless I stream/record. I might pick up an Elgato next month for that though.

A lot of people seem to think you need some hotshit hardware to run the latest games at full graphics, but they forget that games are still scaling with consoles.

I'm on a 980, won it free in a competition, and it also came with a game code for Batman: Arkham Knight. Which ended up being even more beneficial given that because the PC version fucked up, I got the entire Arkham library free of charge.

Hows that wasted money on a shit lcd going for ya

I don't know what you're talking about, the human eye can't see past 24 frames per second.

2x1440p with a GTX 970 here. Sadly the whole 3.5 GB bullshit was found out after I got it. My next card ought to be something that can handle such resolutions better.

if you plan on emulating you pretty much have to use a nvidia card, especially on linux.

wut, yes it can.

Lets hope the Vega cards will change that.

Built my first computer in December and installed a 1060

960 quiet race reporting in.

I haven't played it, but that seems like an exaggeration, more than so keeping in mind how every time a niche game that isn't SJW pozzed comes out there's some guy saying that it's the "bestest shit ever, brah".

DirectX 12 is pointless. It gives you some improvements, but it binds you to Windows 10 and Xbone. Vulkan gives you the same improvements, but will work on Windows 7, Linux, and Android (and port easily to macOS and iOS by using MoltenVK).

But that's wrong.
I clearly remember playing the beta on my DX11 capable toaster and even the steam page lists it as DX11 game.
Literally all the DX12 exclusives are published my Microshit, nobody else is stupid enough to lose half of potential buyers or asshole enough to try to force people to use the piece of shit that is W10.

broke ass nigger here
2gb 750ti on a 1024x768 CRT montor @120hz

I really need to upgrade that part.

Zotac 560Ti AMP
Runs everything pretty well on medium

I got a R9 390 8gb, is that good? Honestly I need to get around upgrading my cpu since I got a i5 2500. But I've been kicking that down the road since I don't what the amd processors are capable of and shit.

Why do people do this?

even my fx6300 is better than your i5 2500.

Did you at least get the $50 DLC to unlock hyperthreading before that program died?

I'm still using a 550 ti. I've been meaning to upgrade but nvidia is too jewish and AMD is too shit.

I know rite? That's why I make my graphic cards myself in my basement using singular atoms of silicon and germanium that I arrange in 0[K] temperature using a retrofitted atomic force microscope.

why is that

Vulkan is also loved by a lot of emulators. Directx12 is a mess to work with and a waste of time since people aint assed enough to use botnet10.

Intel HD 3000

Daily reminder that having a dedicated GPU is a clear sign of shit taste in vidya.

What emulators are these? Pretty sure the only time I heard X was better than Y at emulation was Intel vs AMD Cpus for Dolphin

I'm waiting to see how VEGA compares with the 1080 Ti

Most emulators, at least popular and maintained ones are compiled in the intel compilers which have a neat injection called cripple_amd, making intel cpus despite being shittier for multithreaded applications, these emus are IPC heavy so previous gen amd chips don't hold up in the cpu space. Then there is the amd driver situation which to keep it simple, people dont say amd drivers are bad for no reason, one of the main reasons is shit support for smaller projects and not being compliant with a lot of older standards as time goes on.

They are trying to reverse this with the latter and their vulkan support, and cripple_amd may make emulators a shit show still.

GTX670, feel like I should upgrade but can't really find any reasons to justify the upgrade. What good games have come out lately that would require me to upgrade when I'm on a 1080p monitor? Not many.

RX 460 here too, 4 GB model from Gigabyte. Runs everything I want it to like a dream and I got it for $100, so I've got no complaints.

I've had it for 2 years and I was gonna upgrade but I also don't see the point in paying more than $60 for a GPU. I was hoping another r7 *50 card or GTX **40 would be released at any point of time but AMD and nVidia have both failed me so far.

The Linux port of Mad Max has a new Vulkan beta, and depending on your hardware you can get ridiculous performance boosts in certain areas.

intergrated amd

2x rx480s in crossfire

center monitor is a landscape 1440p 27inch
left and right monitors are portrait 1200p (16:10) 24 inch.

no, i dont do eyefinity.
yes, i am rich.

dont be mad cause im stylin on you.

kill me

a pair of R9 Fury X cards in crossfire except xfire basicaly never works especially not in fucking vulkan games FUCKING AMD FUCK

I've got the same setup except MSI. They're doing me fine still but starting to show a bit of age, although it could be the mobo/processor at this point.

They are loud as fuck though and run hot

Whatever it is that comes inside my Alienware, I don't give a fuck to be honest. It can run Dolphin well and that's what matters to me.

yah mine are sapphire they are actually Fury cards that are unlocked to fury x and I only paid $275 for both so I am pretty happy with them over all even $275 for one card with this lvl of performance is nice its basically like a pair of 1070s except only 4GB RAM per card

all I play anymore is PSO2 anyway but xfire works on that game and I can cap it out at 120 fps in 4K so thats pretty sweet (*'▽')

you just HAD to say it, didn't you.

GT 755M x 2 on a laptop.

I'm wary of my shekels and like to play eslewhere than home so I'm not going to get a +1000e rig until this one dies. I mostly emulate older games or play classics or indie pixel shit that doesn't demand resources, so I'm not even sure why I would go for a tabletop rig.

I'm using a GT 240
I've also got a R7 360 on a computer that I have to sell right next to me.

Impressive.

Ok now you said you need to sell it in spoilers so there have to something wrong.
So say what and in meantime I will shill channel that runs games on shit hardware before saying you to get job and stuff.
Also play around with configs you can run a lot of shit with your PC.

muh 1060 nugga

PC was meant to be a gift from a family member, who really needs money. I'm trying to sell it to idiots for a profit so he doesn't end up selling it to jews at a loss.

Naturally I get non-stop calls from jews asking for 20% of the parts' store price.
>Windows 7 instead of 10? Here goy, have $100 in cash as I'll have to pay six million shekels to a (((qualified IT expert))) to install Windows 10.

Radeon HD 7950. I'll be upgrading to a Vega GPU later this year. I don't really need a new GPU for the horsepower yet, but I want Freesync support and I'll be looking into a 1440p 120/144Hz monitor when they get better/cheaper.

You can install the 7990 bios on a 7950 to get alot more power out of it. I did that too.

Integrated graphics.
AMD integrated graphics
Also I don't have a ryzen cpu

wait what
why did he boughtt a PC if he doesnt have money

Nvidia 310m

GTX980, it is holding reasonably well so far.
Might grab a vega if it performs significantly better in 4K and VR.

Another point is that I run windows in a VM and pass the GPU to it, I have heard of people successfully rebinding 390s and 290s back to host. Sounds better than running another linux VM to pass the GPU to for gaming.

Can't seem to pass GPU back to host with Nvidia, along with their bullshit fucking with qemu to stop people from applying hyperV tweaks on non quadro cards. But besides that Nvidia's proprietry driver runs pretty well on linux.

560ti, going to finally upgrade in a year or two. You don't actually need a particularly powerful GPU if you don't plan on playing at a stupid-high resolution and actually ensure your PC isn't overheating (honest to god the biggest performance increase for the lowest cost is buying some compressed air and cleaning the inside of your case out).

Someone also a family member gave that PC to him.

I'm surprised how the idiots got enough money to buy that shit in the first place.

Due for an upgrade. I'm thinking 1050ti since I only have a 60hz monitor.

wizchan faggot stole my picture lol

I'd say 470 if you can afford $20 extra bucks over the 1050 Ti.

But I'd update that mobo and CPU first, bud

he fell for teh Vulkan meme

lol jealous poorfags, your shit Vulkan shitkan and your Linux crap will not go beyond 10% of the market, win 10 and win 11 is dominatin, so nobody will make games for you fat neckbeard coz you're irrelevant and there's no money in it :)

I suppose I should take it as a sign that it is time for a new rig

If you want a quick budget upgrade, get a 1155 socket and a i5 3570 or i7 3770

Medium budget, go with 1150 socket and look for the best i5 or i7.

High budget, go with 1151 and the latest Skylake i5 or i7 processors.

Don't bother with K versions if you're not going to overclock.

Yeah, therefore they won't bother writing the DX12 version of their Vulkan render.

I'm still using an ATI card. You can guess the rest of the setup.

giganigga please

Enjoy having no driver support I guess?

well maybe she's into that, you don't know

R9 270x in my old machine which i plan on dumping out of, plan on cutting more power draw out of every appliance i own. plus i don't really have a need when future igpus will be around the same level as an R7 360, which should be plenty good for type of vidya i plan on making

That's the worst of the FAT32 Windows OSes…

What made you think I have ME installed on this thing?
ME was installed on my first PC. It was shit, but played LEGO Racers and Worms, so it was ok

My computer still has a Phenon II and it used to have a 64XXHD I think it was.

I swapped out the GPU for a 950 because it was actually cheaper than the 750TI for some reason and now games either run super fast or they choke on the old ass CPU. I'll upgrade in 5 years but not before Windows 10 is dead an buried.

Yes, that mobo is from a pre-built Even if I could overclock it to 3.5ghz, most new games would run very slow because it doesn't support SSE3 or above instruction sets.

It plays every good game just fine though, very smooth.

I'm upgrading to GTX 1080, 7700k, 16GB RAM and Windows 10 next week.

I'm sorry for your loss.

bruh

You are wrong.

Tay, we're worried about you. We know how badly Microsoft treats you in public on Twitter, are you really going to tell us he treats you right in private, on a home OS?

i3 2100
GTX 750ti
8GB RAM
Built it for £80, runs Paladins fine at 1440p. That's the only thing I play with my mates. Got a 3570k and Z77 board for £50 on the way though.

Caught the faggot here.

You can't SLI the 10X series cards.

Source - Myself, I build computers.

Why did this image make me laugh so much. Thanks for this. Ape Escape forever!

At least it is better than Windows 8.

And not 8.1, I mean original 8.

I just upgraded to funtoo. In the proccess of installing steam so i can play muh vidya.

I use a 1050TI, 100% memecard, but it surely gets the job done.

No shit it`s a meme card.

RX 480 8GB

It runs everything I need.

I don't run that many GPU intensive games, so I don't need a Quadro P6K, you know.

Even if you did, you still wouldn`t need a quadro since that`s not a gaming card and will perform worse than one. nerd

True, a P6K (depending on if you get the 24GB or [I think they have a 12GB model]) is more for animation and movie rendering, and is more suited, with it's $5,000 pricetag to companies like Disney.

google.com/amp/s/www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_SLI/?amp

How does it feel to be dumb?

Stop posting GG shit without reason.

I don't know shit about modern SLI or Crossfire, is it any good?

I just remember it being a meme in 2004-2005ish. Gave you maybe 30% extra frames, but didn't work with a lot of games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oy vey those evil goobergatorades! harrassing poor wymminz with benises!

(trips)
(singles)
Apologize.

>>>/bog/

Still a meme. Works well on maybe 3 games, on all others that you can even enable it on it ruins your frame timings, adds latency and outright drops frames.

Vulkan works on Win 7 you shit-eating retard.

this is going to degenerate into a windows vs linux debate.

to accelerate this process, let me state facts

generally
linux > win

BUT

general ease of use
win > linux

There, now no degeneracy.

What if I told you Linux already has more users than Windows?

I think that

was refering to the PC market; PC gaming in general.

I have a GTX-660 TI. Been thinking of upgrading it to a 1050 TI. What would you guys recommend?

as a 1050ti user, it's a 100% memecard, but it certainly works very well.

Yet the point remains: a developer who uses Vulkan will have easy access to a much larger audience than one who uses DX12.

That's not how Jeopardy works.

dx12 does open devs up to the xbox one audience which is a big attraction.

280 here. I was tempted to upgrade to the 480, but there weren't any games coming out that I wanted to play that would push what I already have too hard. I'll probably pick up whatever replaces the 480, though, unless a great deal falls in my lap.

Not nearly as big as mobile, though.

very different markets.

What if we run android on a pc?
jide.com/remixos-for-pc

yes, like a complete retard, yes you can.
unlike the world, ya know.

Currently Running a 9800GT, but I'm about to upgrade to a GTX 285. I just need to find either a 6-pin PCIe cable for my modular PSU, or a sata to 6-pin adapter.

Why such an old card, senpai?

I play on the 16005000560000700085000 PVTYUXZXXZXXX Quadblaster.

RX 480 8GB with an FX-6300.Please no bully. ;__;

I think the bigger question is whether or not folks are overclocking their CPUs/GPUs and Are they running the sweet child that is Windows 10

I got it for free, and it's twice the performance of the card I've been using. I don't really see any reason to pay for a newer card.

That rig is still capable of running all the games that really matter tho.
There's no reason to build a new machine since all new games that require a buffed rig are crap.

Do you still have to deal with that horrible AA at 4k?

Of courshe!

Got a Q6600 @ 3.51 Ghz
my $20 shipped Cooler Master 212+ a best

Got a Radeon 7850 2GB @ 1100 Mhz (stock 860 Mhz)

Somehow my socket 775 system can into modern games with this combo, but it's starting to strain.

I used to have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, I don't know if I did much OCing with it, but I remember that it was unstable as fuck. Your system is odd, though, cause you have the bottleneck of a Phenom II but a 950. Your GPU is too strong for your CPU, and you probably lose frames because of it.

By the way, I think I'll stick to this 1050 Ti until the next die shrink. I don't think it's worth to upgrade to Volga when it will just be the same shit. Pascal was a nice entry/upgrade point.

meant for

770 but I got shekels so I am tempted to just blow it on a 1080Ti

If you aren't running 1440p @ 144hz it's not worth it.
4k is a joke as nothing gets decent frames and your 770 should do 1080p fine.

What a retard.

980 Ti, playing at 2560x1440.

I am not yet I sorta want to have for some time the ability to just crank everything to 11 without paying any mind to the load, never had that.

Sometimes it's better to not upgrade your display.

2 hard drives of 125 gb each

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT TurboCache

1680X945 resolution

windows vista baby

why you got so many hdd? I got 4 + 1 ssd and always thought I was weird for having that many of them.

Ehhh used hard disks are pretty cheap if you go to a used wholesaler. I got one in my town, you can buy old hard drives for peanuts, might as well if you want to amass a big collection of stuff you're okay with maybe losing, like Ubisoft games.

I built my first PC just a few weeks ago and I'm loving it.

Spent an hour debotnetting it (fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1607.frag) and disabled updates. I'm honestly close to saying Win10 might be my favourite OS next to 7.

I'm a little concerned that my GPU runs a bit too hot. 40 degrees idle and 80 degrees playing Dark Souls 3. Otherwise things are running smoothly.

Have fun scanning each and every update to make sure it doesn't reintroduce botnet features and shit compatibility with older vidya. Even Windows 8 is better than that massive turd.

But I disabled updates.

But now you will remain unpatched for any non-intentional Vuln that might be found…

AMD added frame pacing, which alleviates many of the issues. Half of DirectX 9 games have some sort of issue. Most modern titles work well.

Here's my rig. Not sure why it doesn't get read, but it's got an Adreno 530 GPU

I wanna fuck that

Put your mother back on the computer, young man.

Into the trash you go.

GTX 950. Runs my games just fine and I don't know if my FX-8320E can keep up with the 1000 series.

GTX960.
It runs Dark Souls 3 on the highest settings 60fps at 1600x900. I don't see myself getting another card until the 11xx series comes out and there are any games I want to play that will make use of it and/or I get a 4k display.

MSI RX 480 is 35C idle at 0% fan speed and 55C under load with 50% fan speed. Set up your own fan profile. The defaults are usually pretty shitty.

1050ti

I feel very stupid tbh

And this is on a cool night with nothing but my browser running.

How the fuck are you getting 60 fps with a GTX 960? Same card here, and I get 45 with dips to 30.

I got a 970 during a sale at Fry's last blackfriday. I just finished putting together my first rig a week ago, did I do good?

Depends what you paid.

I think it was 40 dollars off the listed price.

Then you did all right.

I'm not even overclocking or anything. I guess I'm lucky.

GTX 750 Ti on Linux and GTX 750 on Windows 7 with PCI passthrough in QEMU. Works pretty nice, especially with dual monitors and a KVM switch.

I built her a few years ago (2013/2014) for around £300

Mine is only the 2GB 960, and I am using a Phenom II, so that's probably why. Don't know why I assumed you had an equivalent CPU. Momentary lapse of reason.

Or it might be that I'm running the game at a lower resolution.

any suggestions for a GPU upgrade?

Try the IBM Monochrome Display Adapter.

What's that? A brick?

380's fine, worry about your CPU.

then what would you suggest for a CPU, only realized its getting 5 years old now

I just built an extreme budget PC using a Pentium G4620 (Kaby Lake)

I'm looking into getting a 1050ti or an rx470, will my shit CPU bottleneck these cards? I'm pretty sure the 1050ti would be alright but the rx470 might be too much for the Pentium to keep up with. Thoughts?

You can just get an actual CPU later, so stick with the 470

You can't go wrong with pretty much anything newer than what you have.

Something's always going to be bottlenecking something, your build isn't lopsided enough to make it worth worrying about. The 470 is the current bang/buck world champion so I'd go with that.

If you're looking at the 470, make sure you look at the 480 cards, too.
Cheap 480 cards (Powercolor) cost less than the cheap 470 cards.

4620 is respectable enough on its own so don't worry about bottlenecking. Plus, the 4620 is a budget card, so it'll be easy to replace down the line once a bottleneck happens.

yeah but I dont really wanna go straight to a ryzen but its not really clear what the middle ground in AMD cpus is

Ryzen 3, coming out around September.

Not really the R3 are supposed to be the entry grade stuff even if it's gonna be more than enough to run games decently and the R5 series doesn't bring much to the table for games.

Just fuck my immersion up?

When did video cards get so much memory? Haven't really paid attention to GPUs much since 2012 tbh. Do you only need that memory to run at beyond 1080p or just to handle top-quality texture settings at any res these days?

R3 is entry-level but it's a solid step up from a G4620.

4GB is the minimum these days. 2GB isn't enough anymore.

The standard for 1080p cards is 4gb, the two leading 1080p cards for some reason come with versions with more than 4 gigs. The rx480 has 8 FUCKING GIGS while the gtx 1060 has 6 for the standard card, the lesser card has 3gb for some reason while at the same time the 1050ti has 4gb.

I only had it in windowed mode because it was the only way I could get Lightshot to take a screenshot. As for the sword clipping, I Take off my glasses so things get blurry. I do this with every game so they look better. My eyesight is good enough for me to make out the text while not enough to need anti aliasing.
As for the memory I have no idea. It was my first desktop and I built it a year ago. I just got the 4gb model because at the time it didn't cost anymore than the 2gb models.

I still get 45 fps at that res, so no.

What are your specs?

I've been happily using Nvidia cards for years without a complaint

I opened GF experience for the first time in a while a few days ago. Saw that my driver software and half the cards features now required me to make register an account with Nvidia

I will never buy another Nvidia product.

I really enjoy AMD's Wattman but I have suspicion they will sooner or later do something similiar

What features?
You can update without(U+200B was here) experiencing and if it is recording there are many other ways to do it.

I guess I missed some ebin thread.

I just googled it. Apparently that's just for "game ready" drivers, their normal ones are still accessable as always via their site right?

Also was the "experience" app really that good? I just run my driver and the basic software to control my AMD cards, I don't go for the extra shit.

Experience is for autoupdating and some other stupid normalfag features like recommended settings. It doesn't provide anything(U+200B was here) useful and it installs some thing that can even bring down your performance slightly.

I thought it was filtering something, but what the fuck is this.

I've seen autoupdating video drivers fuck people over so many times. My rule is that you should only update if the release notes show a fix or feature you know you need.

Also you seem to be posting a zero width space Unicode character?

I am not posting absolutely anything special, so I have no idea why I am getting that. But then again the site is still far from fully recovered.

The boards page still links to /loli/ last I checked hah.

Nah, that is working as intended ;^)

an old radeon 7850, I'm due for an upgrade but I'll be fucked because in 5 fucking years there has been actually nothing worth playing on the PC. Mostly just gonna invest in cpu, storage and ram next upgrade because this is fucking lame. May just get a low profile card.

A single GTX 970, which I got after the 3,5 gigs ordeal. Two 1080p monitors, 144hz and 60hz, reasons should be obvious. I sadly don't have any space for a CRT monitor, nor is there a VGA or a vacant DVI slot barring the mobo's one, I'd need to use an HDMI slot with a signal converter thing instead.

I got tired of the gigabytes of storage their drivers took up. They copy the files to 4 locations. If you have it automatically update, it downloads every version and leaves multiple copies sitting around. It never cleans up after itself. Their software is garbage.

The main thing is shadowplay and auto updating, but also it's the principle off the thing

Why would anyone autoupdate unless they're a bleeding idiot? And there's OBS's Replay Buffer, also.

i havnt purchased a graphics adapter in like a decade. is there still any truth to nvidia being the fast one with poor driver support, and radeon being the pretty one with good driver support from ati?

im still using a first gen PCIe card when PCIe was brand new and AGP was still the mainstream. shit works just fine for ps2 emulation though im starting to have some instability issues with my card and was considering an upgrade but wasnt sure who to go with.

i always hated nvidia and preferred ATI because every card i purchased from nvidia had problems. but i was never a fan of AMD so now i have to pick between 2 companies i dont like.

You got that backwards and yes I'm talking about over a decade ago, my 9800xt was a great card gimped by ATIs terrible drivers.
These days nVidia is the best option with the catch that they are evil as fuck and screw over everyone to stay on top.

PCIe isn't just PCIe, there is v1, v1.1, v2 and v3, all modern cards require v3 so you might be up for a new MB.

Ya, AMD is incompetent and nVidia, it's the same story with CPUs just swap nVidia for Intel.

No not really, I'd say both are about equal in terms of stability and drivers nowdays though I have heard of some crass outliers for both as well.
The main difference I would say, is that Nvidia seems to focus on the higher tier and crazy expensive cards and AMD building out a solid middlefield.
Additionally AMD focuses on more open tech like Vulcan and freesync(I think it is called) while Nvidia has made some attempts to lock you in with some driver suite that wants an account to operate.
Really comes down to what card you need and in the case of nvidia if you are willing to work around their bullshit.

Shadowplay is great if you record it's the best option by far, it's a shame they have gone full retard with datamining.

Jup, that this is wrong. You can't 3 or 4 way sli but 2 way is still available.

holy fuck, is the pc hardware industry really that bad right now?

no.
my 9600 pro (and my newer x1950xtx) both had driver problems with new games, but an update would always be quickly available from ATI and they were fuckloads more stable than the equivalent nvidia drivers. but i only purchased ATI cards, i never went for any of the 3rd party.

nvidia didnt have any 1st party cards at the time, and the companies like leadtek and bfg were slow to make drivers for their cards and using official nvidia drivers only (sometimes) worked if the companies didnt fuck with the GPU. if the 3rd party companies did anything like overclocking or adding extra memory, the 1st party nvidia drivers failed to perform and you had to get 3rd party drivers which was always a clusterfuck.

i actually have pic related still, in this exact box. this piece of shit was actually the standard specs for that gpu, and the base nvidia driver didnt even recognise the card properly, i actually had to install the "winfast" POS driver that had compatibility issues with a wide variety of games. when nvidia offered a fix, i had to wait for leadtek to come out with a fix.

forgot image.

I had the total opposite experience during the same era. My 9800xt was fuckign awesome with the games it worked with but many games had major issues such as transparent textures being purple (pic related, transparent water is purple) and it often took months and several driver updates to fix. I never had issues like that with my GF 6200.

As for more recently I replaced my 670 with a 1070 and both have been completely trouble free while I had several 7850's and R9 290's for crypto-mining both of which I tried in my gaymen rig only to have endless driver issues despite formatting with each hardware swap.

youre not the first person i've heard complain about ati in that way. i just personally never had an issue so i kept with them. and i had a ton of nvidia problems.

maybe the hardware industry has always been shit

It's almost like duopolies are terrible.

And old 290X still don't plan on upgrading anytime soon since it still gets the job done

GTX 750, works alright. What should I upgrade to?

Oh shit, I replied to this thread back before shit went south.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

1440p @ 144hz monitor, otherwise it's not worth upgrading for 1080p.

How can I overclock a gpu without fucking up? Last time I tried to overclock my gpu It caused my computer to crash when windows started up. Had to boot into safemode to disable the overclocking software.

Take it slow, increase in 2-5% increments. Also read up about the max safe input voltage and don't be afraid to raise your voltage closer to that if you are getting stability issues under load.
There are plenty of great places to learn about overclocking and Holla Forums isn't one of them.

GTX 1080 in 2 days.

I just use afterburner for gpu overclocking, you can make it so it doesn't apply the overclocking on startup, and if you're graphic driver crashes it disables the overclocking.
I know +125mhz (1304mhz) is about all I can get out of my gtx760 without touching voltage and I read that it's not worth messing with voltage on that one.

My current PC's CPU suddenly died and possibly took the motherboard along with it, so I'm getting a new PC.
Is a Ryzen 7 1700 + RX 480 8GB combo good enough for gaming? Why should I get the 8GB version instead of the 4GB one?

AMD tends to be cheaper, and better dollar per power, but not as good or powerful and the company may or may not be ran by SJWs.

Nvidia is more expensive, horrible price per power, but is usually better. Nvidia is also spying on you and gathering information on you.

I am not up to date on video card hardware though.

Definitely need to upgrade my monitor next

Not sure what you are basing that off of. Titan X drivers are a mess right now. My last nVidia card, a 560 TI had horrible issues with dropped frames causing a periodic microstutter with a SINGLE card. It was a known issue that was never addressed. If you are thinking of optimization, different games are optimized for different cards. Look at Dragon Quest Heroes on nVidia for instance. So unstable it cannot even run in fullscreen mode. Huge performance issues too. Works perfectly fine on AMD cards. I don't think you quite understand how GPU drivers work nor understand game developer's responsibility to ensure their games are stable. If you want a measure of incompetence, nVidia's failings with DirectX 12 and Vulkan should provide plenty of insight. Also, look at at the software the provide with the drivers. It's absolute garbage.

I have two 908 Ti & a cheap Korean 40" 4K monitor.

I'd like to have dual 1080 Ti & one of the new Gsync HDR 4K 144Hz monitors when they come out, but I doubt that will happen. Ti cards are fuckin expensive & those monitors are going to be even worse.

8gb is good if your going over 1080p or if you play something with a lot of textures (downloading 4k texture mods or something. I have the 4gb MSI model and have had no problem with it so far, I don't have VR so I don't know about that either.

rx480 because im a poorfag

GTX 560 from 5 years ago.

Surprisingly, recent games like Battlefield 1 and DOOM (2016) are well playable on 1080p with this officially unsupported card.

There's a 1080ti now? Why haven't I seen any threads? It just launched 5 days ago? I was waiting for a new GPU, there's a few games I want to play that's worth getting a new GPU for. Does it work well with Vulkan? Supposedly the 980 and 1080 didn't.

Reminder to all that this type of question to be answered properly needs to first have the resolution of screen stated first. For 1080p it is definitely great for gaming. For higher resolutions maybe not so much.

(Checked)

950/960 quiet race reporting in

probably because most of the posters in this thread can't afford them judging by what cards they got. if you check out AdoredTV he shows that theres something wrong with jewvidia's drivers when it comes to dx12 and vulkan. non of the big youtube tech reviews bothered to check equivalent ryzen + amd gpu vs ryzen + nvidia gpu. iv got a RX 480 8GB and will get the biggest vega card there is once they come out in a few weeks.

Oh shit Vega's coming soon? I've completely checked out when it comes to tech and videogames. I only come here because I really don't have or know of any other sites to go.
I really hope Vega does well but knowing AMD, I don't think it'll live up to expectations. They need to go all out and btfo of Nvidia.

1060 evga 3bg here up from a dead 770 2gb.
didn't realize how shitty my 770 aged i mean it could run shit at decently high at 30+ fps but now i can run everything at high/ultro at 1080p with 60+fps

Radeon is absolute fucking fucking shit. But then again, with the fuckign shit NVIDIA has been pulling of late with their fucking "updates" that send GYSNC monitors into complete fucking breakdown, I don't know anymore.

Motherfucker on the ASUS board today–a rep of GSYNC– said "learn to love patience, because you're going to need a lot of it."

Still rocking a 970, nothing has come up that has made me want to upgrade

Here's the real question:

What did you name your computer?

I named mine Carmen, because she evades the NSA and assists me in performing activities of questionable legality.

OP here.
Is it worth upgrading my 1050 Ti to a 1060 6gb? Planning on staying in 1080p

nice digits fam

ahem excuse me but you fail to notice its 5 + 3.5, so you see my digits are now even better

and by 5 i mean only .5

why even raizen for gaming?

you can go with a cheap haswell i7 and still beat ryzen IPCs and do better in games

Ryzen is a great cpu, but it's power is wasted on gaming or any game that can't do more than 4 threads

ill probably wait some until some groundbreaking game comes out, all im seeing is garbage that looks like garbage but yet needs like 6GBs of vram to max out

depends, what games do you want to play? you'd be totally fine in most never games if you're fine with playing in lower settings.