BUILD ME THE BEST CONTROLLER IN THE WORLD

BUILD ME THE BEST CONTROLLER IN THE WORLD

Or I'll eat your soul.

Can't say I don't love it. It's out of this world.

I have too much free time

8 million dollar controller

I need one of these for when I play racing vidya.

This is sad. None of these controllers have a hole for my dick.

Is this what I think it is?

Definitely.

here you go
fuck controllers they are for the weak

What's this garbage? Is that stick supposed to go in my ass?

but my man they do at least the Xbox one theyre based off just remove the lids and you're ready to go

Why?

DS4 with saturn dpad and wiiu pro battery life.

pc master race fellow gamer xddd

Those holes are too big and loose for his dick.

This. ABC and XYZ face buttons, L and R triggers with no bumpers, and offset thumbsticks. Just as God intended.

Close, but the left thumbstick should be offset.

You were already beaten to it by

Cant compete with this

tongue controller

I'm glad you took the time to look up a stock horse cock image to make that.

OwO whats this???

Wii U Pro controller design with Z and C buttons, analogue triggers, and motion tracking for finer control when aiming and shit.

I'd say it needs a few more buttons.

this thread just got 10x better

*getting my soul eaten is my fettish*
too bad for you

Kek awesome

[F]

just make a dualshock 4 but with a dualshock 2s d-pad and make the whole thing a little bigger and you're gold

TOP KEK

Why? 8-directional D-pads are superior.

you fucker

my bulge silly OvO wanna nuzzle it?? OwO

The sheer retardation of that controller's layout still amazes me.

I'd prefer two buttons next to the upper ones so it doesn't get on your way when playing Playstation or Nintendo games.

user, you weren't actually supposed to build the best controller ever. He wanted shitposts.

that is impossible.

some -most even- games and/or genres need their own controllers.
as for general purpose controllers all the one that come with current consoles are ok.

name your genre/game and maybe I'll try your challange.

Bretty good

that… is not what I think it is…. is it?

See that controller over there? You can play it.

If I could just tear the Xboner cunt roller in half and make it a motion sensitive, it would be perfect. In fact the xboner roller is already pretty perfect.

It's funny because the horse hormones are making her face more horse like.

I think we've actually peaked at the Dualshock 4. The Dualshock 3 already did everything you could need it to, and then they make it comfier and tacked on a touchpad in the middle.

It was actually pretty clever. They put the analogue stick in the middle with a trigger on the back and a normal d-pad and L button on the left which also worked for 2D games as well as being a traditional back up plan in case gamers really didn't like the analogue controls.
It looks weird now because analogue is standard, but back then even PS1 and Saturn and Jaguar and 3DO all launched with a traditional layout.

This is probably the best multi-purpose controller you can get right now. Versatile, has everything you'd need & works wired or wireless with PC. Does dinput, but can also do xinput with 3rd party tools. Only major con is the battery sucks.

What bothers me about that controller is that it's made for asian hands.

It's too small for my non-Asian hands, and the stupid light on the back does nothing but drain battery. On the plus side, if they can get the touchpad to work as basic mouse input for couch shit, and motion controls for aiming, it would be the best PC controller ever. TBH Valve should just ditch the Steam Controller and steal the DS4 design.

Already works that way with all of the DS4 to Windows forks. Motion is recognized, but there's nothing to do with it.

Asian hands? Why does anyone say the DS4 is small? It's bigger than the DS3. I'm a big guy with large hands & it's no issue for me.

You can use touchpad as mouse input with DS4Windows or DS4Tool.
You can change it's color or turn it off with DS4Windows or DS4Tool.

The hippies over at Atari were way ahead of you fam

It's all about ergonomics fam. The Wii U and Switch pro controllers are fine and comfy. The Xbone controller is fine. The Playstation controller has always felt cramped to me. And the segmented d-pad sucks balls.

MAssively underrated.

:^)

Mate, there's being fat and then there's having good genetic man hands!
FITE ME!

Being the biggest asian on the block is not really that big, Mr. Gook.

So disappoint Holla Forums

I dislike the ergonomics of the Wii U Pro controller & had to actively refrain from using the d-pad because it's too close to the buttons making it cramped. The Wii Classic Pro Controller on the other hand was great aside from the lack of analog triggers. I used Wii Classic Pro Controllers on PC for a while.

Saturn D-pad
Four button face button layout
Symmetrical convex joysticks. Now I know convex seems counterintuitive but the outer ridges end up only being a weak point that makes the rubber wear down more quickly. Something like PS1/2/3 or Wii/Wii U ends up being better long term.

Trigger style L2/R2 is better but it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Gimmicks are acceptable and even nice to have, so long as they don't get in the way of the above.

So where would the steam controller fit?

Meh execution tier or retarded but you can use both hands tier?

I'm 6'2", as tall as Batman. If I flatten my hand, from the tip of my middle finger to the crease in my wrist is 8". I'm not the biggest guy, but I am certainly a big guy for you.

This image was made by a Sony Fanboy

It's no use, kid.

lel

here's your controller bro

Vita is great as a controller. It would be nice if they found a better solution for L2/R2, but using the rear touchpad works well enough. It does everything it needs to do and then a bunch of gimmicks on top, which are good when used well. It does it even better than the Wii U gamepad. It's not quite as comfortable, but it's comfortable enough, and more functional.

Wii U Pro was great. Too bad it's not the primary controller and thus doesn't matter as much.

Xbox always had bad controllers, as it was building off the Dreamcast, which had a shit controller except for the VMU, which was the coolest thing ever, and the Xbox didn't keep using.

idk because I've never used one. Looks like shit though.

Silly me. I forgot we're on the internet. In that case. I'm 50 ft tall with hands that can envelop & crush an entire truck & I'm the top sniper in the entire world. You are nothing to me but another target. You're fuckin dead, kiddo.

not enough purple

better

Get fucked

As a controller it's fine. It's the software that makes that button a facebook button. It's great on PC, where you can just map it to be Select like it should be. Or you can make the left and right sides of the touchpad select and start if you want, and use "Share" and "Options" as other things. The touchpad is very useful. It's up to devs to use it in games, of course, but if you use it on PC you can use it for all sorts of useful things. Like being able to play from your couch without having to switch to a mouse to do actual computer shit.

I'm 6' and my hand are 7 1/2", faggot

'kay

Too bad the drivers are shit, the build quality is chinese, and the sole reason for its existence is that some niggers in the current year are too retarded and fat to hold the old DS properly. and something as good and sturdy as the DS1 would be too expensive to produce nowadays

You some kind of brain dead twat that thinks WASD is better than a joystick?

Fuck off forever.

Are you seriously defending that piece of shit?

There's something weird about that controller but I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Not if it's in the way of the front buttons.
The buttons MUST be flat or else the press won't register in twitchy gameplay, and they must be on a flat surface.
Basing a controller solely around levers is the most autistic and normalfag pandering shit i ever saw.

How is it not better than a stick, when in combination with a mouse?

Are you seriously defending that low energy meme?

The N64 controller sucks regardless.

I would put a small dpad below the stick, otherwise it is an improvement.

This controller is really good actually.

Even 3rd-parties can't fix it

Well I'm glad to see someone else acknowledge that a lot of the complaints about the DS1/2/3 are people too dumb (underage) to hold it properly. It just shows that they never played games before the Xbox, because if they had been playing NES/SNES/Genesis before, they'd instinctively hold a PS controller the same way, with the "handles" actually just being grips that end up resting in the palm of your hand. But these mongoloid retards try to grip them like motorcycle handles and then wonder why it doesn't work.

But the DS4 has more semi-useful gimmicks that I think outweigh the very negligible negatives it has.

N64 controller is nothing but wasted space. The way the controller is intended to be held, and thus the way games are made for it, means that at any given time, 1/3 of the controller is not able to be used. Meanwhile, the Saturn 3D pad came out the same week and let you just use the fucking joystick and D-pad at the same time. Nintendo trying to make cool looking toys sacrificed functionality. And it's not like the Wii where they tried to add different functionality instead. There was literally no reason for wasting 1/3 of the N64 controller except for looks. They did the same with the Gamecube controller when they gave it a face button layout that prevented you from hitting B at the same time as X or Y (without doing a claw, which was not intended and thus devs wouldn't make games where you are intended to do it), and giving it a shitty C-stick and D-pad when they had perfectly good ones already. It should have had a second Z button, too.

Dualshock is the best controller at the moment because it followed a logical evolution without changing what worked just for the sake of being different.

NES was great at the time. Primitive now but certainly gets the job done better than what came before. Holds up well enough today.

Genesis added a third face button, but removed Select. Well Select isn't the most useful button anyway, and C is a little more accessible, so okay.

SNES adds two face buttons and L and R without fundamentally changing what was there on NES. Its face button layout makes us realize that it's not feasible to hit A and C at the same time on Genesis, but you can hit any combo of face buttons relatively easily on SNES.

PS1 adds L2 and R2, otherwise keeps the SNES design. We didn't lose anything, only gained.

PS1 Dual Analog controller adds joysticks without fucking with what was already there. And it's two joysticks, instead of only one as seen on Saturn and N64.

Sega's Dreamcast switches to four button layout, but doesn't add extra shoulder buttons to make up for it, so the Dreamcast is simply the Saturn with less buttons and a horrible D-pad, despite Saturn having the best d-pad ever (since it just improved the already fantastic Genesis d-pad before it). Dreamcast had the VMU though so that was cool.

Xbox continues the Sega evolution line and adds a second joystick and puts those two extra face buttons back, but they're shit face buttons, the joysticks are asymmetrical (my hands are symmetrical, idk about yours), and the d-pad is still shit. They later replace the two extra face buttons with shoulder buttons like PS already did.

Nintendo does retarded shit until the Wii U when they finally try to do retarded shit on top of an actual controller, instead of retarded shit at the expense of an actual controller.

PS keeps doing the same shit but adding minor gimmicks on top of what was there before, without ruining what was there before.

We have two major lines of evolution here, Early Nintendo-PS, and Sega/Xbox, with Nintendo going full retard and never looking back with the N64. Sega/Xbox were always stuck in the position of trying not to look like they were ripping anyone off, which screwed them, because the SNES was already near perfect. PS didn't care about ripping them off and simply kept improving the already great SNES design. Then Sega threw out their great d-pad anyway, which was the best thing they had.

Oh so it's a retarded Saturn controller.

Even if we pretend the N64 wasn't just wasting 1/3 of the controller, it still has an equal number of buttons to the original PS controller, but with the joystick added. So that's nice. On the other hand, the six button layout makes it unfeasible to hit A/B at the same time as C-Up/C-Right, while hitting any combo of PS buttons is easy, since two of them are moved to the back. Then the PS Dual Analog controller came out, had an extra joystick, and both joysticks could be pressed like buttons.

Might as well remove the d-pad entirely. N64's d-pad was at least functional, even if devs could almost never use it without giving up either the joystick or the face buttons. Things like Dreamcast and Gamecube might as well have not had d-pads, with how shitty they were.

behold my masterpiece

Why would you use 3 appendages to control 4 buttons when you could use one?

Jesus christ that image is pure cancer.

why though?

Why would you stop at 5 or 6 stores when you could stop at just one?

It's bait moron and you fell for it.

cause you need that 'nog stick bruh for the clutchest esports fps games ever if you want to make it to THE TOP of EXTREME mountain

Why not?
Too bad every one of these is cheap as fuck, lagging piece of shit. Maybe one day logitech will work on this stuff

I went through and held all the gamepads I have. The Wii Classic Controller feels cheap, like an OUYA controller.

At least Phantasy Star Online 2 allows it.

you tried too hard user

I laughed harder than I should have.

Cancer. If you leave that controller unused for a while, it gets really sticky.

…? I don't understand. You saying you just buy whatever kbm is available rather than getting something good?

design nirvana

Where's the directional sticks?! Nobody exclusively walks in 4 directions anymore, grandpa!

Pretty much
The Dreamcast would be as well if not fod the fucking cable and the shitty near obligatory Rumble for weight distribution.

there are saturn to dreamcast adapters. And if you really want a stick, this pad is tremendously comfy and has an excellent feeling of weight to it. Plus this is the best analog stick known to man. Sorry potentiometer N64 - sure you're accurate, but compared to this? Shit, Sega wasn't even ripping you off. Their 3D control pad was in development as far back as 95.

Nothing else comes close

James Bond, pls go

Here you go son

No thanks

They said controller, not Transformer nigger.

Thanks grandad.

THIS IS A THING?

lol no analog input

One not retarded controller coming up

Multitasking with the surrounding keys is GDLK. As is the sheer number of keys you have access to even when two fingers are preoccupied.

Look at the side.

Any place I can get it cheap online?
Answer is probably no though, Saturnz themselves are rare enough considering how bad it sold due to Segas fuckery.

Pic related

something tells me it's not a potentiometer or magnet, making it a low tier analog stick. might as well be pressure sensitive digital!

Wii U doesn't have retarded asymmetrical design
Actually it's just GB, and it's just an NES with a screen. It was the best at the time and didn't ruin what came before by trying to be different for no reason.
It's a DS4 with even more functionality, and the DS4 is ultimately an SNES with even more functionality. The point is, it has tons of cool shit without ruining the basics.
Clickable joysticks were also useful and already around. Gamecube should have copied that. But that's the least of that controller's problems.

Because those fags always shit up controller threads as if it's the same conversation.

Thanks for admitting the image is correct.

for extra faggotry

But what is for?

Did you buy an Xbone Pro as well?

Rubbing virtual nipples.

This is the ideal way to use that controller.

lmao

I'm sorry. Does this mean I have autism now?

26 AAA batteries lasts enough for 10 uses?
Sounds like a fine deal to me.

be honest, how long have you been here?

analog movement AND mouse aiming, bitches

fragfx shark360

haha, no
also wireless sucks.

that is amazon kike pricing msrp was $99

also, there are wire versions of it but tbh they all suck. its the right idea tho
personally I want basically a steam controller with a hi-dpi (1600) trackball on the right side and a regular d-pad on the right

also much much smaller because I am a smol azn with the misfortune to be born with a vagina pic is random shit I had on my phone

Lose the SHARE button and replace it with a proper SELECT button. The touchpad can stay I guess, but it's pretty much pointless, and I'd prefer it go, since it looks gross after use. Also, make the D-pad 8-directional. Then it would be basically perfect. Oh, and lose the light bar.

One more thing. When you set the DualShock 4 down, the triggers touch the surface that the controller is resting on. Fix that, like the Xbox 360 controller did, so that the triggers are slightly raised when the controller is lying down.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

ftfy

lolwat

And what does your vagina have to do with owning tiny asian hands?

thanks doc

cuz they're proportioned to jerk off tiny asian penises, I presume
goldwater whores go back to your meme board

Pure convex analog sticks are shit. The DualShock 4 gets away with it because there's an outer ridge that keeps your thumbs in place. You either need that or a regular concave thumbstick.

girls are smaller than men particularly in the upper body due to hormones

I also don't like the dualshock 4 because it is too wide and you use analog way more than d-pads so why isnt it xbox style nintendo pro controller is even more tarded

Are you blind? The Duke isn't there at all.

Glorified typewriters are not fit for playing games. Mouse is superior, though.

That's the worst tier list i've ever seen for anything on Holla Forums ever

I miss this kind of shitty bait tbh, but it's probably for the best it's gone

HOLYSHIT

Into the fucking trash.

after this ur balls are going to quakin buddy

Get your shit together Holla Forums

Done

Stop shilling that piece of shit sonygger.

Bless this French degenerate.

Carlos I fucking swear.

Fuck off back to cuckchan

I wouldn't make the case shaped like a turd in the first place.

This user has the right idea.

how new?

Filenames keep track of time, the last Unix filenames here began with "1471"
Anything beyond that isn't from here.

That controller shape is inherently flawed already :^)

I'll be honest, the Xbox S and 360 controller are still the most fucking comfy things I've ever used in terms of console controllers. Before I held those the Gamecube controller was glorious

Do you expect me to fucking rename all the fucking old filenames? Or do you not have any since you started posting here last week? Thank you for joining us redditor.
Upboated.

Xbox controller was pretty much the best I've used. Fat one, less so. Unless you're massive, it was a pain.

I had a nice green transparent Madcatz. That thing was the shit.

Offset sticks feels much more natural to me then Symmetrical sticks. I don't know why

You now have super autism.
You should ask your doctor about it.

Because on the inside we aren't symmetrical.

You should have just said he got it from another imageboard

And soon Flaretech Red optical switches there will be analogue withkeyboards

I'm a manlet and I'm rocking almost 8".
Maybe I should become a hand model.
or am I a disfigured mole freak?

WU TANG CLAN AINT NUTHIN TO FUK WIT

SPOILER THAT SHIT

Two other anons beat you to it.

kek

That looks like aeon flux. Ugly as all fuck.

Yeah if you're a child, a woman or a manlet with tiny hands.
Look at this consolefag. Look at him and laugh.

DS3 controller with working Windows drivers would be perfection.

Too bad SCPservice is buggy shit and will arbitrarily stop working.

This board is full of ancientfags who's limited to the physical planes. Step up mother fuckers, ya.

Best controller, just try and prove me wrong
Protip: You can't

Just werks on Linux

The design's stupid, but the stick's pretty good.

was this fucking thing suppose to be transparent? cause i used ms paint
i could use sai

You fucked up the last panel.

whats wrong with it? its L
I_

oh fug
Subtle.

go back to reddit or lurk more before posting plz

unused sonic sprites

who is the target market of this? who needs a full keyboard to write texts?
tech salesmen that want to look flashy?

I Ii
II L

The mouse is very inaccurate though unless the game itself allows mouse input. In games with controller only layout, the mouse needs to emulate the thumbstick and with different games having different acceleration curves and sensitivities it makes it pretty bad.

I saved that pic from here with the original filename. I don't give a shit if it was posted elsewhere.

Does DS4 still have the gyro gimmick from DS3?
It was great for racing games.

Most games with mouselook will freak out if you try to use one.

Yes.

Gyro is pretty great for adjusting aim when using iron sights and the like. One of the things I liked most about the Steam Controller was how customisable it was. You could actually set it so a light pull of the right trigger activated the gyro sensor, and then you would squeeze slightly harder to fire.
But like I said earlier, it would still be better if Valve ditched the Steam Controller entirely and just went and ripped off the DS4 with its centered touchpad and had two thumb sticks and a proper d-pad.

Because fuck the people who think the Right stick is a good substitute for N64 C-buttons.

Nicely done.

You failed already you dumbass.

Anyone ever use one of these things? I've always wanted to know how that clicky thumbstick feels like.

I am tired of this. There have been like five other Loss posts in this thread.

Why does it even look uncomfortable?

Jasoooon

LOL, lurkmoar newfriend, your not memey enough to post on my Holla Forums

/fit/ here

That's vanilla protein shake, horse semen is not that color.

And where exactly did you come by this knowledge?

Can you not read?

I'm learning so much today.

No, they're just connoisseurs of all varieties of semen

I am not even surprised.
Hell it even makes me respect /fit/ in a way.

This is the thread that keeps on delivering.

Maybe you do, faggot. This shit only started when xbox decided d-pads weren't important because shooters were the only genre worth playing.

I was counting that ridge as making it concave, not convex. The ridge is perhaps even worse than just having it pure concave.

You use it in addition to regular controls. It does make for finer control when used right.

Kinect didn't work but it at least attempted to do something functional. At least there were actual ideas there. Gamecube decided that looking like a toy for marketing purposes was a good reason to make a retarded face button layout that prevented you from hitting B at the same time as X or Y. It had a bad c-stick (even though the regular joystick was good, and they could have just done two of those), and one of the worst d-pads ever made. It also should have had two z buttons, because why make it asymmetrical? You're left with a controller that has less inputs than the DS2 and Xbox controllers, and the inputs it does have are worse.

Thanks for admitting you never played video games before the Xbox. If you had started with PS1 gen you'd know how to hold it because that's how people held it at the time, because they all started before that and knew how to hold NES, Genesis, and SNES controllers, which caused them to instinctively hold PS controllers the same way. Protip, the grips are supposed to rest in the palm of your hands, largely for balance. You're not supposed to grip them like a fucking motorcycle.

I don't get it

good shit

Why did 6 face buttons die anyway? Was it too complicated for normalfags?

Four face buttons just feels more natural for most. Probably because you can hit all buttons without moving your thumb but just by slightly shifting it toward said button. Six buttons means to reach two of the buttons you have to pick up and move your thumb. And then there's the d-pad as well. It has four directions and feels more natural, and our innate desire for symmetry means that having four things to press on the other side is more comfortable.

My nigga. This controller made me unstoppable at goldeneye

Bro thats like….deep

It's not that you have to move your thumb, that's not a huge deal, but the fact that you can't hit the buttons on opposite sides without also hitting the ones in the middle is a problem. You're better off moving two of the buttons to another location, so you can more easily hit any possible combo.

Easy. Also, add those Elite L4/R4 buttons

I beat STALKER SOC and COP with this control scheme

Because it actually is fucking uncomfortable
I bought an OUYA

Thread derailed.
Also pic related.

uncomfortable in what way?
I bought a vita and I'd get hand cramps cause theres no place to rest your palms, especially when using the back touch pad and/or shoulder buttons alot.

Imagine a game where players had to build their own controller to play the game only to realize they've just won the game and now have a useful life skill

minecraft already exists.

Either you forgot that famous children's train show or you never had a good childhood.

I didn't know TTTT was still running.

*TtTE

Yeah, it was designed for tiny, Japanese hands I think.

I use one of these. They're massively overpriced.

Actual and real goodest answers, except for the fact that all sticks should be triggers.
If the sticks were triggers I'd give 'em perfect 10/10

This looks way better than the switch already.

feels good man

Put them to work

Halo at the bottom

RETARD FUCKING COUSIN FUCKER

don't give nintendo any ideas

Are you a lovely young lady?

bait pic, but the virtual boy controller is great

pottery

A full keyboard to write texts would be comfy as fuck bruh.

Why are you so fucking gay?

This is the ideal controller.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Seriously, every controller coming out now is just a blatant ripoff of this piece of perfect engineering. When you hold this shit in your hands, it's as natural as holding your dick. Fuck, what a great controller. You can shit on XB1 all you like, this is a great PC controller as well.

so I need some sort of shit that receives bluetooth signals for this to function wirelessly?

The PS4 controllers d-pad is better for fighting games.

Perfectly spaced 16 keys plus motions controls that actually work

The bumpers are kind of shit, though.

Fuck a kb+m, controller is best for 99% of games. Real gamers play other games besides FPS shit.

Only sonyggers like this layout. Its easily the shittiest controller

Better than the Steam controller

What the fuck possessed them to use a stick instead of a dpad?

see

You were ahead of your time, orb-chan.

It worked very well for 3d games back before wads+mouse became the defacto control standard.

What sort of use would it have today ?