Remember when hipster faggots declared Sonic bad? NOW PRESENTING...

Remember when hipster faggots declared Sonic bad? NOW PRESENTING, ZELDA IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HOLD MY HAND LIKE SKYRIM

[Removed direct link, mirror here]: u.teknik.io/CA9ZR.mp4
Webm:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySSq2d5mKE
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No watch

Webm or fuck off.

Ok hold on, i'll try making one.

which is it?

Didn't particularly care about listening to an SHfag whine that he can't understand a children's game without guides and doesn't think anyone else possibly could either, until the part at the end where he says La-Mulana was made as a joke to make fun of how bad old games used to be.

Doesn't matter. Webm or fuck off.

Zelda is a bad franchise for a bunch of reasons, especially with the new direction they've been going with the 3D games.

Yet; Not holding your hand is totally not one of them and I find that a casual that complains about the difficulty should just fuck off back to The Minish Cap or Windwaker.

Fuck I can't make the webm small enough, gonna make an MP4 instead

AAAAAAH TOO LARGE EVEN AT 144P

Why do works like this always appear in the click baitiest of titles?

But did you know that Aonuma has never personally beaten the original Zelda? Surely that means the original Zelda is bad, not that Aonuma is a fag

Just split it into two parts

Why do people always sperge so hard about YT. Just watch the fucking video with adblocker you whiny idiots.

Would you want your dick cut in half just because someone said it was too big?

because it gives them views

In that scenario the only thing getting split into two parts is your mom

HERE IS PART 1

Jesus christ.

Oh, thanks vols.

To be fair, Its a producers job to create, not play. That's the role of Play testers. You'd be surprised at how many devs are bad at playing the games they made.

At least… Get to know your product.
I would never be okay with putting my name on something I never handled.

Ugh. What bothers me the most is that Nintendo's people are not hands-off hipsters, a lot of the old developers like Kikumoto actually were proud of playing their completed products.

I feel old knowing that this is the future.

No, that is utter shit. It would be like a painter not looking at his finished product.

I was reading a game design book recently, and the author said one of the general differences they found between designing for male vs female players is that males preferred to figure things out and females preferred to be instructed.

So, as usual, the roastie incursion is to blame.

This isn't exactly a new thing. Just look at the Game center CX interview with the guy who made space invaders, doesn't play video games, treated the whole thing like just another job, and only ever touched the fucking thing to make sure it was working.

Make sure to dislike this faggot's video so it doesn't get promoted and he loses revenue for it, fuck that shit makes me so mad and all the ledditors in the comments are agreeing with him "le game is bad cuz le old xD it was made to sell Nintendo powerzz and cant be beaten without a guide xDdd ur just in denial xddd nostalgia goggles". Literally every video from his channel has inflammatory titles like that.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySSq2d5mKE

It may be utter shit, buts its not utter bullshit.

You may not like it, but those are the facts. Most Developers dont play their own games.

or, should I say, most producers.

You should actually watch the video. Everything he said was right.

Yeah, this place is dead.
Also, this guy is fucking inbred faggot. Kill yourself OP.

I wish more game devs weren't as fucking gungho about video games as they are today maybe then the average developer would be someone with talent, and not some retard fresh out of a college course who is willing to do the work, poorly, for peanuts.

"By today standards, this game is bad"
Kill yourself and your entire family.

Fellate a gun

So you're just being autistic. Right, got it.

Welcome to Holla Forums.

Not an argument. I can tell you haven't actually watched the video and are just knee-jerk sperging over a game you've never actually completed without a guide.

I feel that modern gamers has lost the ability to explore and experiment on their own. They're afraid to take the risk of doing something wrong intentionally. Though, I think most people that play games now aren't even doing it for the fun of it. They just want material for their streams or youtube channels. That's why let's plays are popular. They'd also rather see someone else play the game instead of doing it themselves. That kind of laziness is what also killed good game manuals.

lol

What? I fucking speed run zelda1 you fucking inbred faggot.
Oh, so you are an actual faggot.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
Kill yourself.

Modern gamers are fucking idiots like who just want attention and clicks on their shitty YouTube videos cause they cant beat a game from 30 years ago. Just laugh at them, report, and move along.

But I have, reddit.

So you've 100% completed the game without any third party knowledge? No, you didn't, and you're full of shit.

Do not remind me.

Old Manuals

New Manuals.
Pic related.

Holy shit, just because you suck that doesn't mean that everyone else does.
Also was the thread bumplocked just now? There's this one hotpocket who is on a bumplock spree.

Is that you, TP? Optional heart containers being hidden in strange locations is totally irrelevant to just completing the game

git gud faggot.

Who cares, this thread is garbage.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post…

Still not an argument. You're literally just virtue signalling at this point.

Stop trying so hard to fit in, you don't believe me? I don't give a shit.

You are the epitome of trying too hard to fit in, reddit.

That's autism.

Funny thing is, pretty much every kind of animal that looked like I could ride it, I tried to do so, especially the Lynels (which apparently doesn't work very well).
However I'm sure a lot of people today would just use the horses because that's all the NPCs tell you about riding, they'd never try climbing a Lynel even though he's half-horse and they'd never try to catch deers and bears to ride.

Exploration ages ago was about going where you weren't supposed to go or do something you're not supposed to do and you'd get a nice rewardf even if just an easter egg, for that.
Nowadays, exploration is checking beneath the stairs for the mandatory ammo pack and cutting right on the corridor when the quest arrow tells you to go left because you know there's a medkit there.
Exploration today is about following common tropes and being rewarded for pattern recognition, not creativity by the player.

Lots of people play games so they can add them to their "played list", not entirely unlike they play them strictly for the achievements. They'll think of a few tasks or just use Achievements for this and set forth doing them all, afterwards the game is done and they'll move on to something else.
Did they had fun doing all those chores? Maybe. Does it matter? Fuck it, pass me another game, bro.

This is why you have people complaining about BOTW being too short or that "there's no point fighting", since they don't play the game for the journey, just to reach the end, beat the bosses and "win" the game.

holy fuck i hate the gaming community

Jesus christ, just look at this faggot.

Outcast has a manual that tells you all about the language of the world you visit, explains every item and weapon and hints at some of their uses, tells a lot about the story, every single command, some screenshots, words from the company, etc.
Many old games even do something like this, where they crammed as much information as possible in the manual. Used to be you'd be reading that shit all the time while they were installing.

Nowadays, shit's so easy you don't even need a manual, or it's all context sensitive tutorials for 0 interaction with the environment and doing what you've been doing all the time in other games of the same genre.

That's actually pretty cool, almost reminds me of Thief maps.

Are you surprised?

I genuinely feel sorry for you. Start eating right and exercising and you won't need a nostalgia trip to enjoy vidya anymore.

He's 100% correct. You probably aren't old enough to remember the booklets with games, even up to gen 5 advertising paid tiplines in the back of the manual.

I'm angry that we allowed people like that into gaming.

zelda is bad though
nintendo has never made a good game and neither has japan
nips can't make videogames, your pedo weeb brain just sees colors and lights and little girls and shuts down.

The game was made in japan, did japan have a tipline?

also, I literally never called the tipline or used a nintendo power guide, so how the fuck did i make it through all my games if they were designed to only be beaten with guides?

Fuck fucks sake, if youre REALLY dense you can find clues in the game's manual.

He's not entirely wrong, but he isn't right either.
Many "old" games used to be extremely hard, use "lives" or lacked quest arrows in a non-linear world specifically so they could inflate their longevity.

For instance, you can finish Super Mario quite fast, but everytime you lose all your lives and have to restart, the time you wasted there adds up to the total time it took you to beat it.
Zelda specifically can re-hash many different areas with lots of backtracking due to the fact you gotta explore to find out where you have to go, which means that with a very small area they can "extend" it tenfold and make the game last longer.

This isn't necessarily bad however, Shinobido for instance was an amazing game and although the later levels got quite hard and you'd die easily, you'd play the first levels with better prowess and do more amazing things as well as finishing them faster.
Everytime you reach the point of your previous game over, you'd be a more skilled player, ready to progress farther.

And in A Link to the Past, you'd have to revisit a lot of old areas, but it was nice to see familiar places with a different perspective, especially when you visited the other dimension, not to mention the amount of secret locations to be found that the game either didn't told you about or just hinted at their existence.

That's how this works.

Hello Phil Fish, how is Fez 2 coming along?

You can stop now user.

No.

I'd ask you to name 3 good modern games, but you're just trolling so there'd be no point.

I honestly have little problem with modern games, I just acknowledge their limitations and I can still have fun with them.
It's a bit weird but I can appreciate both the original Shadow Warrior and the 2 new ones as well.

It's not that old games were perfect or anything, there were many problems with them as well and more importantly, a lot of areas they could vastly improve as time went by.
What upsets people usually isn't just that modern games aren't as good as old ones, it's that that's not the direction anyone expected videogames to take at all.

For instance, after FEAR and Half Life AI, (and not saying they are that amazing, just pretty decent compared to regular AI) people expected to see games having smarter oponents and an environment they and you could exploit. But that's not how things went and we have chest-high walls instead.

Old games aren't good and modern games aren't bad.
Old games are inspiring and modern games are disapointing, that's all.

sonic is bad though.

NO U

Hey this guy sucks silent hill's dick, right? I would argue that, under his logic, silent hill is a bad game. It was released around 20 years ago, and despite most of the game being nothing but hallways it's still doesn't hold your hand hard enough.

hello weeb, how is your failing industry in the face of mobile games and censored releases going?

Why are you saging a bumplocked thread, stupid.

'Good' is a subjective qualifier. No matter what games I list, you can say that it doesn't fit your specific definition of 'Good', and I could do the same with any game you list. It's a non-starter.
Immediately writing off any opinion you disagree with as "trolling" is what tumblrinas do.
And they did.
What direction would that be?
FEAR's AI isn't special at all, it's just super verbose and gives the impression that it's doing shit. Contrast this with FEAR 2 which has AI that does the same shit, but is less verbose, and people actually think that the AI is worse. It's just your perception, similar to how we associate weight with quality, so companies exploit that and put zinc weights in overpriced plastic products. Half Life has interesting AI that does a lot of autistic shit, but not of it is noticeable in regular gameplay unless you're actively looking for it.
That's what happens when you take a genre that has no business being on consoles, and then gutting the difficulty through regenerating health, and said chest high walls everywhere that allow the player to "pause" the combat to regenerate health, as well as auto-aim to compensate for the complete lack of aiming precision.
That's just a problem with your outlook, not a problem with the games themselves.

Did everyone conveniently forget that a fucking map came with the game with clear labels on each level and some blanked out areas to incite a bit more exploration?

You don't even need that to beat the game, I had a used copy that was just the cart with the sticker coming out and still managed to beat the game after a week.

Those blank areas were artificial difficulty bullshit on the same level as Dark Souls. Zelda was the Dark Souls of retro games at the time.

THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. How do you expect me to play this game if it doesn't have fucking GPS signals telling me where to go at every juncture? Or for that matter little cutscenes that tell me precisely what to do when i'm there?

true, but not the point when people say they had LITERALLY NOTHING to help them back then, or that the game is inherently flawed because waypoints don't exist.

The game is inherently flawed because it's unintuitive as fuck. AlttP was the first good Zelda game.

Some kid on the comment section of the video really doesn't believe me that i finished it without a guide. Holy shit, modern "gamers" are dumb as fuck.

Pussy

See, this is why there's no point in talking with you. There's things that are subjective for sure and there are others that are not at all.

For instance, RPGs and open world games could take a better aproach to how they deal with exploration, quests and world exposition. Even very linear games did a far better job than many games today.
You go play the Ultima series for instance and then you start wondering what was even the point in Oblivion\Skyrim.

Or Dark Messiah, and then look at every action game that came next without kicks, slipping, rope arrows, etc. Zeno Clash really is an exception but likely the only one to First Person Melee combat done rather well.

Or even silly stuff like the Spiderman games for the PSX, that could be improved a lot, but instead we got Prototype and similar shit, while the actual Spiderman games followed common tropes in design as well.

In relation to FEAR and HalfLife I did acknowledged that they weren't THAT amazing, but they were still far better than the usual zombie-ai we get. If you are going to cherry pick what other people say, there's no poin- Oh, there we go again.

Right, just gotta lower my standards and stop expecting quality. That usually solves problems. Worked for women, should do the trick for videogames as well, right? ;^)

Nice strawman, nigger.

Like 'Good'.
Like 'Water'.
Sure, there are ways to improve every product in existence.
That's another weasel phrase that doesn't really mean anything. That's like saying "Many blacks have a triple digit IQ". Okay, how many do? More importantly, how many don't?
Highly accessible, immersive, open world RPGs targeted at young adults. Compare the sales of the Ultima series to TES and tell me what the market is demanding more of.
None of those things on an individual level are anything special, nor would they add anything to your average FPS. The only reason DM:MM works is because of all of those tools, and how it's specifically designed around that gimmicky sandbox approach to using the environment to kill your enemies. You can't just remake that game over and over again, you need to evolve the concept. Dishonored did a fantastic job with that. Go watch some of the high-level gameplay videos of it and you'll see what I mean.
Just Cause 1/2, Saints Row 3/4
FEAR was, and still holds up today, but Half Life sure as fuck doesn't. While you're just playing through the levels, the AI isn't providing you an experience any better than the most basic bare-bones AI like Doom or Quake.
You can exit the conversation any time you like.
If your standards are arbitrarily high to the point that you find yourself unable to enjoy most things, it's probably not a bad idea to lower them.
If you genuinely think that there's less good games being released today than 1995-2005, yeah, probably.

Still waiting to hear what games you think are good. Excuse me, "subjectively" good, I wouldn't want to make you say anything with conviction or confidence or anything

Nobody noticed this, but at 18:20 he says "Ocarina of all Time".

wew

Kill yourself

That was the fucking joke you dumbass. He was referencing the segment at the start

Not relevant to the discussion at hand.

heh.

I am sure he was.

What's wrong with Adblock plus? I hear there's some paid version for whatever reason but I haven't paid a single penny ever and it works just fine.

Completely deprecated in favor of UO which doesn't allow companies to pay to bypass the adblock.

Are we getting raided or something?

Not really worth defending, in my opinion, but I think some places are just trying to rile people up. Take Nichegamer for example, with two articles sandwiching their 7/10 for Zelda. I haven't played the game but the reviewer's rebuttal to the influx of nintendrones being "If you think this game is better than sex, you haven't had sex" reminds me of Kotaku and the like, deriding the masses

to be fair, they probably haven't
but to give the game a 7 because the switch is still a buggy tablet isn't reviewing the game, but taking out your frustration of the console on it

I have no clue why you guys hate BOTW.