How is it that video games is the only medium of entertainment where nothing good has come out in the last 25 years?

How is it that video games is the only medium of entertainment where nothing good has come out in the last 25 years?

Video games are timeless, you indulge yourself in them and have to work to progress. YOU are in control.

Movies give you none of these experiences.

I nearly said that TV is in the same boat, but I looked it up and Father Ted is only 22 years old. So, I dunno.

im not going to take you seriously if you exaggerate like this

Feck

Well, off the top of my head, snake pass, jsrf, zelda botw, are Lego starwars are fun. shit, just look around. If you want recommendations, Recently, I've been playing rivals of aether, just cause 2, fast racing, rocket league, bayonetta, and many more. I know Holla Forums likes to dismiss a whole game for really minor things sometimes, but if you look at the game objectively for what it is, you may find that you like a lot of games. I used to avoid games that were made by people with different political opinions than my own. But that's no different than the fags who boycotted Chick-fil-A. I like nuclear throne, and fez and shit, I don't care. If you dont think video games have been fun for so long, then don't you think maybe video games just aren't for you?

ftfy

Shit thread.

Are you the ultimate hipster? Quite a sight to behold.

What do you win with this bullshit consensus crack? Make us more like cuckchan? Force another exodus? What's your problem?

almost trips confirms there's not enough buttsex for OP

sage

The only films I've seen since 2005 was Bane on a plane & American Sniper.

Because you're a worthless old fart who unironically believes fucking Super Mario World is the magnum opus of video games.

It's because you're a pretentious faggot that probably doesn't play games.

Bane the strawmanned vanguard and He Was A Gud 'Murican Boy?

do you just love being a pathetic americuck or what?

Well they wanted games to be art

Name a good book that came out recently then, or a good movie, or a good painting.
Western Civilization itself is degenerating and one of the first signs of this is the degeneration of it's art.

That's not true. All the other meduims are equally shit.

Dwarf Fortress exists, and is the best game to be released every single year.
Get fucked, nigger.

They could have at least made a giant ass.

How much new media have you been looking at? There have been a shit load of good books and movies coming out. Granted, there's shit-loads of terrible ones too, but you'd have to be fucking retarded to think that there hasn't been at least one great movie every year since as far back as the 50s. It sounds like you just don't pay attention.

I'm not going to actually list any, because I know your MO, and you're just going to respond to each one with "it's shit" regardless of whether or not you like it or have even heard of it.

Nice deflection attempt fag, but you are the one who claimed that other mediums are better and so you have to list anything good recently made from another medium to prove it. The burden of proof is on you and it's easier than proving that every game made in the last 25 years is shit.

nice shitpost friendo

What?

And you're defending OP so you most likely share the sentiment that there are zero good games in the last 25 years.

Because it tries to be anything more than entertainment. Story in games shouldn't be in games, it should be something silly in the manual at least, and in some throwaway ending cutscene at most.

I've never defended OP. I was denying that all books and movies released recently are bad. I love video games, and there are tons of good modern video games.

Me countering somebody who is attacking OP doesn't mean I give a shit about OP or that I agree with him.