Does anyone here use a DS3 on their PC...

does anyone here use a DS3 on their PC? im trying to play the new DaS3 DLC but i can't for the life of me find proper software to play with a ps3 controller.

ad-ridden cancer that causes BSODs if your USB cable moves too much or accidentally disconnects
it needs the MIJ drivers, so it causes BSOD either way even if the program is good.
no button mapping whatsoever and installing it breaks your mouse and keyboard drivers every single time
win10 only lol

i don't know what to use anymore, i dont want to use an xbox controller because i find it unconfortable and unappealing (too big and the button layout is retarded).
Every set of drivers & program for the DS3 fucking sucks. does anybody have a better alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/5qp7va/configuration_how_to_use_dualshock_3_on_windows/
cybercommunism.tumblr.com/post/142482472199/the-time-furries-ruined-my-little-sisters-high
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

InputMapper? Works dandy with my PS4 controller.

Hey. How good is a new PS4 controller on Nintendont? I hear it has no input lag compared to the classic controller and Wii U Pro.

Look at the post above please.

does InputMapper work for DS3?

Linux Dualshock kernel module and the bluez bluetooth stack. It just works. SCPtoolkit with just the driver also works well.

THIS

I'm on SCP, works perfectly. The only downside is that when you don't use it for months you need to reinstal everything and it's kind of tricky.
Otherwise it detects it automatically, you don't have anything to do once you've plugged your pad.

Seems it does wired, not sure about wireless.

its OK i only care about wired by USB anyway. i just want it to not crash my whole computer when the cable moves

I use SCP and it works fine. You don't need button mapping since it just make the PS3 controller act like a 360 controller, which pretty much every game has native compatibility for.

If my experience with DS4 is any indication then that isn't a thing that'll happen. I have some troubles with it every so often but that's a result of my USB cable not being the best rather than the program.

so where's the button mapper? after installing it 3 times and it killing my mouse drivers EVERY SINGLE TIME even after i told it not to install mouse drivers, i got it to work, but the thing has no button mapping software (or more like, it has, but it doesn't work) so i gave up at using that piece of shit which made me constantly uninstall its mouse driver navigating the computer entirely with keyboard and replug my mouse for windows to fix it.

yes i do, dodge/run in dark souls is X, not O, i need to switch those two buttons around. MIJ allowed me to do that (with betterDS3) but then one day it decided to start BSODing me everytime the cable accidentally moves.

im a little upset at this point, 4 different drivers and they all suck one way or another, im gonna try input mapper and i hope to god it works because i've lost my entire day between fighting drivers and my internet that keeps cutting off because no reason, you might notice all my posts are (1) because of that.

thanks for your help though, i appreciate it.

Use the latest SCPToolkit, nerd.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit

DS4windows been tried? I'm using a playstation 4 controller for my pc and it works great.

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

are you sure that is the latest update?

okay so, its telling me i need to run the SCP DSx service in order to open the profile manager and the setting manager.

i can't find any service with that name in the task manager, how should i proceed from here?

open cmd as admin
net start "scp dsx service"

Works for me user :^)

Work me daddy.

"the dependency service or group failed to start"

man this is way too much effort to make a fucking controller work, what do i do next?

when i go into the device manager and find the SCP virtual bus driver, the device status says the following:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I used until I got a PS4 and got a PS4 controller with it.

PS4 controller is much more comfortable in my hands i'd recommend it to anyone.

Its called fucking Youtube.

I'd just like to mention that Better DS3 works on my machine.

OP here, it works on mine too, but it randomly BSODs my computer, and thats a huge pain.

You don't want that shit on your PC even if it works.

That's the official git, so yes.

Are you using windows 8/10 or UAC or some equally retarded shit? I don't know how you're fucking up something so simple that's literally install > done.

im using windows 7 64x, the thing refuses to work no matter what i do. i've already reinstalled, clean wiped, and rebooted like a dozen times, it just won't work.

alright so i managed to get SCP working after turning off device signatures or something in a reboot, but i still cannot remap the buttons the way i want.

Have you tried just remapping the buttons in-game?

The fucking Xbox 360 controller makes my computer BSOD.
If I unplug it while certain games are running from a USB 3.0 port, it crashes the system.
I can't be fucked to figure out why.

In short PC games should just fuck off from using controllers ever.

It's time to get a PS4 controller OP.

yeah, i just did

because you're using the MIJ drivers, thats the whole reason i started this thread in the first place, because the MIJ drivers were crashing my computer and i couldn't for the life of me find a better alternative that worked.

pressing F8 when at boot (after the bios screen) and telling windows to boot without caring about signatures fixed it

Why would you run games off an external HDD anyway?

Literally why?

Worded it wrong.
While the games are running on the system and I unplug the controller from the USB 3.0 port is what causes the crash.
Whats weird is its only the 3.0 ports, the regular USB ports work fine, i can unplug the controll at any time and nothing happens.

What OS? I don't think any Windows version before 8 is completely compatible with 3.0, so that might be the issue.

Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website, find your specific model, and download your USB 3 drivers, install, and restart. That may fix it.

BetterDS3 is the only good one.
Also, enjoy your worn out sticks.

wew

part of the reason i refuse to use my DS4.

im trying to save those sticks for, you know, PS4 games, like yakuza, KH3 never ever, and so on. these joysticks are fucking pricey

Thats probably why, I'm on windows 7 and I haven't done anything with my motherboard since installing the thing 5+ years ago.

If you don't have a first-run DS4 (i.e. bought it ~3 months after release), your sticks aren't going to fall apart unless you have disgusting thumbnails like a nigger, and literally scratch at the sticks and rip the rubber apart. My DS4 has seen heavy use for two years now and still looks new.

USB3 works 100% with win7, just need the drivers.

no, im pretty sure my DS4 sticks are good quality i played Let it Die for 2 months non stop everyday, and then dedicated 10 days to playing Nioh nonstop everyday, i think it has enough mileage now to confirm that its one of the non-shit DS4s that came out at launch and whose sticks would break like they were butter also i dont have nails, not the white part at least, i eat them. pls no bulli.

Just get analog stick covers. All of like $4 on ebay for a set of four. I put them on both of my DS4 controllers, the first of which I have been using for years on my PC, the latter I got with a used PS4.

my xbox 360 controller seems to have a slightly faulty d-pad. The right and down directions don't register sometimes, whereas the up and left do, same amount of pressure is applied to all of them. I had another xbox 360 controller to compare to, and that one works fine. is this common/does it resolve itself or do I really need to send that shit back? I fucking hate having to do that

I am using a DS3 on PC with SCPtoolkit and I have no problems with it.

Well, it acts like an xbox360 controller, what's wrong it? The game must have button mapping anyway.

That sounds ridiculous.

I use the Linux kernel

The fork made by the ponyfag is the one that breaks things. This happened to me when I installed it on my ancient laptop, I got a BSOD on boot from that shit. Luckily, the laptop had nothing of importance on it.

I promptly got the original one and no problems, ever.

Stop using bluetooth shit.

SCP doesnt need to be mapped. It just uses the X360 layout. I use it for both my DS4 and DS3 controllers.

I have two xboner controllers with the same issue.

SCP is utter garbage. The drivers are buggy and cause other devices to stop working.

Hope you like USBIO errors.

WORKS ON MY COMPUTER

here you go you cocks, save this for the next time someone has technical problems.

SCP is okay-ish so far, FireShock isn't ready yet and judging by how """"fast"""" that ponyfag develops it it's not gonna be ready soon.

There is another way, however, you can use steam+official drivers from psnow
reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/5qp7va/configuration_how_to_use_dualshock_3_on_windows/
(sorry for linking to leddit)

probably too busy jerking off to fluttershy to fucking finish the SCP tools or FireShock.

Just get a 360 pad.

no thanks, the only thing worse than the shit design of the 360 controller is the N64 controller.

That comic reminded me of that story with a high school furry with a buttplug shaped like a tail.

gonna need some link to that

i use ds3drv_dx for dinput and sddriversetting to configure the driver once it's installed.
I use it on windows 7 and i installed it years ago so your mileage will vary.

If that doesn't work I'd say use a regular old xinput wrapper like x360ce combined with something like joy2key for configuration

It's from a Tumblr blog cybercommunism.tumblr.com/post/142482472199/the-time-furries-ruined-my-little-sisters-high

THE TIME FURRIES RUINED MY LITTLE SISTER’S HIGH SCHOOL
I’m breaking with my usual format of, “no caps, no punctuation,” because I bring you a story of horror and ecstasy. This story is relayed to you through the lens of my prose, but the events described come directly from my little sister. Some motivational interpretation is present on my part. This is the tale of Pelzignacht, also known as, “Spastic Furry Shitshow 2k15.”

The first thing you ought to know is that this takes place in a high school, a relatively affluent suburban high school. The second thing you ought to know is that the mascot for this high school is a wolf. Due to a caustic combination of too few responsibilities, too much allowance, and absurd levels of moral depravity, there was little chance that fetishistically niche subcultures wouldn’t form, and form they did. One in particular, however, is central to our story. The Furry clique. There was a tribe of furries in my little sister’s high school. They called themselves the Wolf Pack. And they all wore tails hanging from their belt loops, every day.

Yes. This is a true fact. This is a true fact that happened. I know. Calm down. It gets worse.

The vast majority of the rest of the school was sane, at least, and they tolerated the depraved troupe of degenerates for quite some time with little incident. However, given the opportunity to socially torment a pariah on the basis of shits and giggles, you can be assured a high school boy will eventually take it.

An especially volatile male furry got separated from the pack one day at lunch. Sensing the tangy wafts of basement-dweller sweat and stale semen on the air, a rambunctious herd of sophomore boys descended upon him, a ravening mass of cruelty. Within instants the Furry was divested of the fluffy treasure which dangled faithfully from the back of his mom-jeans, and the ancient secondary educational torture-rite of “keep away” began.

From my understanding this didn’t last all that long. Doubtless this was due to the presence of adults, such as any responsible institution keeps on guard during feeding hours. However, it apparently lasted just too long. Emotions which once had lay dormant in the Furry were awakened, raw rage surged through his veins, he put on his Grumpy Face and began darkly and magnificently to pout. He had tapped into that bottomless well of righteous umbrage accessible only by those who garb themselves with the wild’s veneers, that vast reserve of unceasing murderviolence that comes to the faunically inclined. He had the Furry Fury in his blood, and it wasn’t going to leave without action.

Somehow, by some mechanism which has been left unclear to me, this Furry lad made it perfectly clear to the populace that he was going to bring a gun to school the next day and murder the absolute fucking shit out of just, like, everyone. Yeah, I know. Seems a little extreme. This is why you don’t activate the trap card and unleash the Furry Fury.

Plot Twist: HE ACTUALLY BROUGHT THE FUCKING GUN. HE BROUGHT IT. Administration had been made aware of his impending normalfag Holocaust, of course, and his personal Columbine was cut short literally just past the doors to the school. He was summarily arrested, expelled, and probably told he was kind of an asshole. Not necessarily in that order.

But this wasn’t to be the end of the story. A Furry doesn’t just bring a FUCKING FIREARM to a PUBLIC INSTITUTION OF LEARNING with the intent to ENACT SOME RADICAL BLOODSHED ON YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS without stimulating within you the baleful trumpets of the Bigot’s Irascible Disapprobation of the Bête Noire, thus triggering irrevocably the inception of Societal Cleansing Act 2: Electric Shoah-loo.

Basically what I’m saying is the entirety of the school went Electric Cherry Apeshit and started the most harrowing anti-Furry rumpus this side of the Westboro Baptist Church protesting Zootopia. Motherfuckers descended with impossible haste into a total brouhaha. Furries were gettin’ denuded of their fuzzy ass-lanyards left and right.

But this is where the story kicks into Obscene Tempest Hyperdrive, just in time to finish: There was one particular female furry who was utterly invested in the cause, to the extent she had terminated all relationships with anyone who wasn’t also a furry. She had apparently harangued her poor, clueless mother into sewing a tail onto every single pair of jeans she owned. Knowing furries, I can’t imagine she owned that many different pairs of jeans, but I digress. With this kind of dedication to the scene, one can only suppose that she was basically the Alpha of the Wolf Pack. Wow, it turns out that even using their terminology makes me feel somehow dirty and less human, who knew.

Anyway, sensing a heretofore incalculably magnificent opportunity for japery, and taking advantage of the complete breakdown of order within the halls, some irksome rapscallion took it upon himself to rip the tail off the back of her jeans.

But he didn’t actually rip it off the back of her jeans. He pulled it through her jeans.

He pulled it through the hole in the ass of her jeans, the hole that was apparently in all of her pairs of jeans.

I’d like you to take a moment to sit back and imagine this young man’s day. A mentally ill peer was just stymied in his attempt at taking your life. The resultant hullabaloo has completely exceeding the training and leadership abilities of the teachers to control it. You want to be a hero. You want to de-tail the alpha. And so stealthily, tasting your impending canonization all the while, you approach from behind. You grab the flocculent appendage, and with a mighty POP you yank it off.

Wait….a “pop?”

Oh look at that. You’re holding a butt plug with a tail on it. Who woulda guessed that she’d been wearing a BUTT PLUG, only, I dunno, EVERY SINGLE DAY TO THE POINT WHERE SHE HAD HOLES IN HER CLOTHES SPECIFICALLY FOR IT.

It’s my understanding that the face-rending hysteria which thereafter ensued prevented classes from getting anything done for a fair couple of days.

tl;dr some kids tormented a furry until he tried to go fullscale school shooting on their asses. Furries subsequently harrassed, one of them had been wearing a butt plug tail to school every day.

well, this thread went off the rails and into fucking space.

good thing i managed to get my DS3 controller running on PC before it happened.

SCPTK + in-game remapping worked, and now the ringed city DLC is over. So long Dark Souls 3, i won't miss you one bit.

w a t
What the hell are you doing user?

Not OP, but after problems with DS3 and SCP drivers lately I caved in and bought one. Holy shit. How do you even play with that piece of junk? I was prepared for the retarded layout, but I didn't know the analog stick would be so tiny and inaccurate. Even generic Chinese gamepads are better.

Which one is Angela?

This.
Git gud.

You fucked up.

How is it even possible for something this retarded to be using a computer?

Would you say the Xbox 360 doesn't have good drivers because that doesn't support button mapping?

If you need extra features, install extra mods or software.

say you want to play the japanese version of a game, where X is O and viceversa, you'd be confused for hours because your muscle memory naturally makes you press O when you wanted to press X. and not every game has inbuilt remapping.

button mapping is one of the big 3 reasons why PC gaming is better than console gaming (the other 2 being Mods and Graphics), so why the fuck are you dishing it out like that you consolecucks? consoles barely even give you any configuration when it comes to controls, its mostly just preset "configurations" like "controller type A, B, C, D" which are all mostly the same and you can't use any controller but the official™ 200$ piece of shit that breaks in a month of use.

Any games that are not shit should allow you to reconfigure the buttons.

Or are you going to complain when mouse drivers don't let you use the wheel click as backspace?