The Death of Club Penguin

Well Holla Forums, the plug is being pulled tomorrow. The purple penguins will roam no more unless it's mobileshit, so I thought it'd be nice to have one more thread for complaining about how much Disney fucking sucks and likely organizing for the final raid tomorrow.

F

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/847149086595723264
cpps.me/
l4cs.jpn.org/gikopoi/flash/gikopoi141_gen/flash_gikopoi.html
mirsoft.info/wogm_download.php?data=YTozOntpOjA7czo1OiIxNDE0MyI7aToxO2k6MTQ5MDg0NjM0MztpOjI7aTozO30=
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3m4LvdozzGdkM2dVVzMnFfODQ/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/847157939018199040
penguinlodge.com/club-penguin-money-maker
clubpenguinrewritten.pw/
cppshub.org/
forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=206204
clubpenguinisland.com/
clubpenguinrewritten.pw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never went to CP on my life. Tomorrow will be the first (and last) day I do then.

Holla Forums meetup when?

Oh shit. What about those autistic private servers though, won't they still work?

rip

I'll make an account. How does this gay game work? I only play shooters.

Just log in, click a server, and play. It's not rocket science.

I hate seeing everything die but everything dies in the end and soon the people who remember the dead thing die and their memories die with them

Fuck this man…

But i want to do a raid, is that what we are doing?

This is the greatest flaw of online gaming. Eventually, inevitably, it dies.

This. If you can't run your own server, it's going to be gone forever.

Which Neopet would you smooch?

This one.

F

I'm going to miss saying how shit your game is :(

sauce on music?

Shit, you're right. I have a 12 year old account there that I still very occasionally check back on. I think the only thing keeping it afloat is the 30-40 year old women that refuse to let it go and chat it up on the forums, because you know no kid wants to play shit like that these days.

R.I.P. in pepperoni. Purple Republic.

See if you can reverse engineer it and make one.

shit's upsetting

I was going to make this thread on the day it was closing down to have some fun and do a final day raid. Got beat to it, dont get burned out before tomorrow though.

Thread theme

F, here's hoping some guy manages to fork the entire thing to be of used for private servers or such.

F

F

Was there any appeal in this other than nostalgia? It didn't seem very fun.

Who gives a shit? The game was P2E (that is Pay to Enjoy) garbage, if you weren't a faggy kid you would have been playing Runescape.

Its sad that this really is one of those "end of an era" games along with shit likr Roblox, Blockland, Gaia Online, Maplestory, where if you do care and take a look at their current forms you'd probably be disgusted, if half the shit I mentioned is still around.

NO WAIT. I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT. FUCK

WAIT. IT STILL WORKS YOU GUYS

HOW DO I GET THE HARD HAT AND TURN PURPLE!?

Aw fuck this game.

Blade Runner, pretty sure.

It's not actually down yet, he must have just lost his connection.

That had a lot of premium shit in it too though

It's a kid's game, user, you have to be clever if you're wanting to be a spicy memelord.

Go to the mine, which is on the map, walk into the room on the bottom right corner, then click the box of hard hats. When you use the dance emote (press D or click the menu) you'll pull out a jackhammer. Press E and T to fart and T to throw snowballs.

I meant in general. There's already several private servers for club penguin, there's even bots shilling it on the official one now.

I think that's why online games are so beautiful. Only when they are about to die do you realize the time you spent in it and how much fun you had. Rather than with singleplayer games, the end of multiplayer games usually comes naturally. Because one day it has to end.

Oh man did my friends and I have some fun times with this rinky dink little browser game. We'd talk about it in the schoolyards and when we went 'round to each other's houses. We were even autistic enough to LARP it at times and even had a naming convention of having "hyper" at the start of our names.

I was called Hypersaltcat. Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

I never touched CLub Penguin. Kind of seemed like Habbo for newfags.

It's the circle of life. You get when you live and you give when you die. It's our duty to keep the cycle going until eventually we'll ascend to a higher plane of existence.

What other MMOs are you waiting to die Holla Forums?

Pretty sure WoW is on the way, judging by the player base, it's decaying fast. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into TF2 which became a Frankenstein's monster kept shambling along by memes and hats

Forgot to post my answer.

thread theme.

also pic related.

Server connections seem to be getting real sketchy now. Is it finally crumbling?

They are giving free membership to everybody now

twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/847149086595723264

Shit, already?
Tomorrow is gonna be a pretty busy day for me, but if I have time, I'll join as well.

Supplemental thread theme.

It was posted yesterday. They're already starting to shutdown servers. See , looks like they're shutting down the last of them at midnight.

Are you faggots seriously getting nostalgia over this? What are you, 19? Fuck off outta my Holla Forums.

Reminds me of some old thing i used to use and barely remember where you couldn't say "Hello" because it had "Hell" in it.

We didn't even reaid this shit, only cuckchan did.
I blame you faggots for not organizing a raid while i didn't organize it because i expected you to.

Oh yes, give me

k

Much as we like to shitpost and self-fellate otherwise we're pretty much all cuckchan migrants.

Is this good?

yeah nah

Was the riskiest thing I have done in years.

It's over, fam
R.I.P Max Racer, my penguin since 2006.

Are we actually doing something? Where? It looks like we have until midnight.

See above, there's still servers up for one last hurrah.

Is this shadmans art?

Same fucking shit happened to me. Deleted for inactivity despite having purchased member ship once or twice.

I assume we are, I really dont want to have set it up myself I am hoping some one else takes charge, I dont see why we, Holla Forums would let a game go off into the sunset with out being there to send it off.

I'll be there even if I am the only one.

Well shit, now i know why my password was not working the last time i tried to log in. My 3k+ day old penguin is truly dead.

Great.

welp, i'll never see my penguin again. rip in pieces you bastard. for now ill just use a sockpuppet to play, also what server is everybody meeting up on? I propose an empty server like Sleet so everybody can join in and the room we can meet is the cove.

Also apparently everyone has free penguin membership the last day only seems really scummy of them save it untill the last day ass opposed to the last week but oh well what can you do.

Yep what a humane thing for them to delete a kids penguin from existence for no good reason. My account was fucking ancient too so I feel your pain aswell.

Do you really want to go to an empty one? I mean isnt this like a meetup/last chance raid? If we are the only ones there we would just be meeting up not raiding.

I'll miss it.

a few more that I saved from fuck knows how long ago.

That was two years ago, dipshit.
It's been a while since this place developed it's own identity.
Denying that is cuckchan crossposter tier.

EVERYONE HAS BEEN GIVEN FREE MEMBERSHIP, HOLY SHIT.

Does anyone have an updated and working item adder?

This is very important, as long as it is recently updated to include newer items it doesnt even matter if its a downloadable program.

Puzzle Pirates. It's all Poker and PvE pillaging these days.

IT'S OVER

RIP

It hasn't split off anywhere near as far as you think it has. We still talk about 4chan constantly; we're still their shadow, user.

You have to go back.

Holy shit, go back your hugbox if you think that.

There will be a Club Penguin stage in the new Kingdom Hearts.

I find it funny that Holla Forums is such a boogey man, that we get special mention over 4chan, even though 4chan is far bigger. Also wtf is this even based on? perceived hurt feelings?

Gamergate user.

Mark pls add this banner

I must be retarded. What are the grades there for? How much "terrorism" is active on the site, or how effective each site is at "terrorism"?
What the fuck is GAB?

Sure, we're not 4chan's shadow. That's why ten of the top-fifteen boards (indeed the consistent three highest-pop of Holla Forums, Holla Forums and Holla Forums) are legacy from 4chan, that's why those boards are populated by migrants from 4chan starting around September 2014, that's why we absolutely refuse to stop talking about 4chan (demonized/mocked as "cuckchan") and have gone as far as not even separating ourselves from the old board-tans, just altering the existing ones as a sort of "rebirth".

But there again it's just Holla Forums and Holla Forums that refuse to stop talking about 4chan, and users from those boards that pop up on, say, Holla Forums or /tg/. I wonder why that is.

It's a somewhat right-leaning Twitter migrant site.

Gab.ai, what Holla Forums is to 4chan is what gab.ai is to twitter. Said to be the alt-right twitter because they said they don't care about muffling down right-wing views.

We talk about

Reddit as well

here.

Sure "we" do. Only reason I've even thought about it recently is because of migrants over hwndu.

I'd assume how compromised and controlled a site happens to be and general impact.

That's why we've survived longer than the offshoot chans like 7chan. 7chan outright banned talking about cuckchan because they considered themselves superior and it ended up in the place becoming a ghosttown

Meanwhile we've actively mocked them as they should be and survived longer

I'm a native, this was my very first imageboard back in october 2014.

I don't even know how kids find these shitty games, I was pirating PS 1 games back in the days.

There should be a free clone coming out any time now, right? Toontown got a clone.

Iceberg's closed.

Fun while it lasted.

Unlikely. Club Penguin is moving to mobile. Toontown got no replacement.

There was no Holla Forums back in 2007. I stopped lurking 4chan about a year before the first migration. Holla Forums got me back into imageboards. It may be true that we were there at one point, but it stopped suiting us. We're a different breed. There's a big difference in culture between here and there. The culture gap only keeps widening. 4chan is history to us here.

The idea is for the fans to make their own version and play it. Surely someone likes the game enough and is willing to sink the time into it.
What about Toontown Rewritten?

I meant official replacement, specifically. Disney still stands to profit from Club Penguin with the mobile adaptation. Whereas they don't from Toontown, which is why they allow private servers to exist.

Holy shit this is one of the most depressing threads I ever thought I wander into, I was here for memes. But I found out the real meme, and it's meme hide the scars you all feel. Fuck man sorry everyone who had connection to all of this.

Fuck man.

But Toontown was actually kind of fun. What's the point in a Club Penguin clone if it's not to fuck around with people on official servers?

coke music was so comfy too

What server are you all on?

Does this still exist in any form? This kind of thing is fascinating to me.

it's based on old 4chan culture, but that doesn't mean we are in the shadow of nucuckchan

Flurry

Update:
Apparently you can't get banned by cursing anymore. Or at least you can't by saying fuck.

You'll probably lose connection soon all of a sudden. If you don't get banned right away that is.

Holy shit, I didn't even realize today was the day. My penguin got deleted for inactivity a decade ago (10 years on the dot, fucking hell. He was a secret agent, tour gide, everything but a member) but this is still awful. I know of at least one private server running, but still. Fucking hell, truly the end of an era

nah this shit was last usable like 1998

It sucks, but I can't say I'm surprised. They even have unlockable emojis in that new game.

A lot of that has to do with RS3 having almost 0 bots and OSRS having not nearly as many bots RS2 did.

Hmm. It feels strange anons. It all feels like it has been getting better since Trump was elected. But it doesn't feel like the world I knew any more. It's getting harder and harder to relate and this feels like a death rattle of one of the last stupid things I cherished?. Am I getting old? Or am I just a faggot?

GET

Get fucked

Both.

Is Toontown Rewritten just full of a bunch of kids? I kind of got an urge to play this game again for some reason.

cpps.me/ is a private server that allows swearing. Purple republic may live to see another raid!

fukken saved

It probably is but Holla Forums used to have regular threads about it. I don't know if any of those players are still around. Free chat is enabled now. The server was unstable and missed features but it should be a lot better now.

Guess I'll go be an autist by myself. Hopefully I'll find some anons.

Okay guys, lets all move to Graal Online.
It still exists, it's free.
It's not moderated and it's very easy to harass, filled with mexicans.
We could form a deportation force.

Start a general one weekend maybe, seemed like it was getting somewhere the last thread.

They somehow managed to have an adult baby role play room.

Browser games for kids are a dying genre, unfortunately. Nowadays, mobile is where the money is.

Seems to be more teens/adults that played the official servers back in the day. TTR does host IRL events, you can look through pics of those to get a bit of an idea.

I don't play anymore. I don't have the time for an MMO. I dream to be a neet again.

Don't forget Gikoppoi: l4cs.jpn.org/gikopoi/flash/gikopoi141_gen/flash_gikopoi.html

That might be the least charming artstyle I've ever seen in one of these games.

The creator of the game had a phase where he started adding a lot of horribly out of place out of perspective sprite work to the game world, along with really ugly lighting effects.
The "Classic" version of Graal is the least eyesore.

Yeah, same why I wish had time for the Wurm anons. Too bad the SS13 group got dicked up by killjoy outsiders. That at least didn't have the same commitment aside from learning on your own time.

Fuck me, i still have the Great big Club penguin handbook floating around. Im going to miss that game even though in reality it was udder dogshit. I tried logging on a few weeks ago but i cant remember my login.

I used to love my puffles and taunting kids when i beat them at connect four.

RuneScape.

DONT FUCKEN JINX IT YOU STUPID SACK OF SHIT

I never achieved my dream of getting all 99 skills. That's after 7 years. I could have done it in that time but I was a kid and didn't know how to play efficiently. I could have kept going but the game died and it wouldn't have been the real thing. Now I will never ever ever have all 99 skills. It hurts.

It's going to happen someday, user. Frankly I hope it happens soon. The game is complete cancer now. It's hardly even a game anymore, really, it's just a gargantuan grind to get good levels and gear, a shitty tier system for weapons and armor and a streamlined, generic combat system that hardly even works (it's boring as shit too), cosmetic overrides and a player base who hate the game but have Stockholm syndrome. It's actually quite sad. The game lost everything that made it interesting and special because Jagex hired a bunch of narcissistic pants-on-head retards who almost certainly have never actually played the game to develop it. It's not even fun anymore. And even if it were like how it was years ago, it'd still be shit because at this point it would be too outdated.

Just. Let. It. Die. If you're still giving that shitty company your money you need to rethink your life.

Same here. I made my account in 3rd grade. There was a time in my life where I spent nearly every waking hour playing Runescape, but I never got a level 99 until a couple of years ago when I was bored and decided to hop on Runescape and get 99 Magic and Firemaking in only a few weeks. Seriously, just a few weeks (like three for both of them). I know the game is much easier now, but had I not been retarded back in the day I'd definitely be nearly maxed out by now.

Most players are now playing oldschool runescape since none of them can stand all the shitty anime wings and cosmetic overrides.

I like the lore of runescape 3 but the design and feel of oldschool. I know it will go someday but i hope i can squeeze another 3 years out of it.

i still pay for membership :(

99 Melee made me so lazy, I'm so used to fighting next to the enemy I can never fight from far away, needing ammo and runes to fight just seems crazy when you can just use an abby whip

Magic was always my favorite. It was the most interesting and had utility outside of combat.

fuck I'm an idiot, time to commit sudoku

Tangentially related since we're talking about Runescape, is there a reliable download anywhere for all the old music?

Seconding this.

Soundtrack: mirsoft.info/wogm_download.php?data=YTozOntpOjA7czo1OiIxNDE0MyI7aToxO2k6MTQ5MDg0NjM0MztpOjI7aTozO30=
Soundfont: drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3m4LvdozzGdkM2dVVzMnFfODQ/view?usp=sharing
It's just MIDIs, so it's not hard to find.

OI FAGGOTS

Why don't we all coordinate and form a Habbo-Hotel style friendship spiral?

Nice bait you cuck, I saw this post when you made it and prayed that no one would dignify this low effort cancer (sound familiar? hint: I am describing attributes about you and your fellow 4chan cucks ) with even so much as a low effort shitpost no less a legitimate response but they did.

So I might as well disprove you for posterity. If you were here when the only migration that meant anything happened, you would know that the exact same day that this site began being used there was a very clearly defined quality and cultural difference between this site and 4cuck. 4cuck used endless tired memes and low effort posting style you could write a bot to mimic the entire 4chan ecosystem they say things with out thinking or even understanding what they mean its kind of like saying a word so much your concept of pronunciation gets called into question, it doesnt feel right. Thats 4chan except with all these mindless low effort repetitive jokes Holla Forums broke away from that and actually had meaningful discussions this post is an example of the difference between the two cultures (or was at least until 4chan decided that they were going to destroy this site, they did a number and there is a noticeable quality drop but they didnt destroy it) and they succeeded even after all that an average post here is still 10 to 15 times better then the best post you can find on 4chan any day of the year.

Go back to 4chan if you like it so much, all the intelligent people, all the quality posters, all the ancientfags, the majority of oldfags, most of the funny posters are going to stay here cause quality is better then quantity or speed. Holla Forums was a large breath of fresh air in a world where dying internet culture is taking its last breaths polluted by the cancer of low effort market research lab overdeveloped think tank drivel that is not only modern culture but also greater internet culture.

If 4chan was the last breath of the wild west of the internet, Holla Forums is a bunch of cowboys who traveled through time and are planting nitroglycerin on draw bridges blocking the interstate highways with horse carriages and blowing up honda accords with dynamite, shooting airplanes out of the sky with gatling guns.

Kill your self. Nice job derailing the thread though, 2.4/10 needs work.

We have until 8:01 am UTC (universal coordinated time)(converted from pst) so I guess I am going to have to take charge of this shit so we can chill and fuck around one last time before its pretty much gone forever.

Sources:
Original tweet: twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/847149086595723264
Updated info tweet: twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/847157939018199040

Brain storming on the server we are going to play on starts right now go post servers you like should we pick one that is populated or empty?

GO.

I'm going to sleep, so have this for a sendoff.

That's for the mobile game I think. Club Penguin is dead.

It's still up for 3 more hours.

I am at blizzard right now at the light house jamming out with some normalfags use those coins you have been saving for years and buy some instruments and play cause membership is free now.

Fuck, it's full.

The free membership is for club penguin classic and its still live it will close down at 12:01 am pst or 8:01 am utc read my post any post in this thread that says the game is dead is retardation we only have like 2 or 3 hours left but its still alive.
So I dont know what you are talking about I am playing right now.

The room or the server?
We probably should pick a more empty server huh?

Why would you do this?

Servers list to vote on
ascent (because sad irony)
oyster (cause the world is your oyster)
whitehouse (because memes)
whiteout (also because memes)

I vote ascent.

check

please

The shadow of fucking what, you fucking imbecile?
Are we the shadow of a forum overrun by cuckolds, 12 year olds, redditors and CIA?
Go fuck yourself, 4chan has been shit for years now.
At least this place is so edgy that it keeps most pests away.

Finally the hotpockets are based.

REEEEEEEEEE

All of my favorite MMOs are already dead, user. It's an abstract kind of hell. However i want habbo hotel to die so we can close the pools one last time.

My favorite mmo die a long time ago and i was actually there on it's final day. It was a surreal feeling.

Phantasy star online is an odd series. Somehow they managed to make a good mmo on a console, in a time with no patches. I used to play on a CRT and i burned the user interface into the screen.

That doesn't make sense. If the site itself is shut down, then how are you supposed to run the game?

It'd be fucking wonderful to know online games intended to die can literally be preserved against corporate creator wishes, but I just don't see how.

Stop derailing the thread you fags this is your last change to enjoy this game.

Go to server ascent go to the lighthouse
I am the only one here get 5000 coins from penguinlodge.com/club-penguin-money-maker this works but not the item adder buy all the instruments and lets jam out.

Most cant because of the games multiplayer infrastructure but I think it has to do with flash.

tfw i made an account last year and got level 98 strength then quit.
All I had ever wanted to do back in the day was get something to level 99, but I couldn't follow through. It's just shit now.

And its dead.

For real this time.
Good bye club penguin

>tfw I got in a server with like 20 seconds to spare before it shut down

F

RIP Club Penguin, the real date of death ended up being 12:03 AM 3/30/17.
You guys at the light house on Ice Berg Server were pretty cool

I didnt ask for these feels.

Well, there is only one thing to do now

FUCK

We gonna make guys.

Its a tough loss user but it gets better. Play transformice, its what I've been doing recently, its not the same sure but its something.

Thats sucks but you will probably do better with out all the pain and feels, I cried like a little fucking bitch for a minute or two there right there at the end, no bully, it could have something to do with all this alcohol I drank or my crippling depression but I think I probably would have done better with out these feels right now. I have a feeling I am not the only one in this boat.

circle implies something equal will take its place

Well shoot. I had no idea so I couldn't get a final login.
It feels like a small part of me died.
F

I wonder if some other MMO will be getting an enriching in the next few days by penguin refugees.

Honestly, I shed a few tears as well as all the memories hit. All those good times with my friends, whom I still know to this very day.

Thread Theme in SWF format

Isn't Club Penguin Rewritten a thing? I mean, aren't people going to migrate there after the closure?
clubpenguinrewritten.pw/

Get in here faggots, we're drilling.

;_;

I'M FUCKING SNOOPY BITCH

MMOs truly are dead.

They were actually able to download all the content and emulate the server software. See cppshub.org/

You realize that there are private servers for all versions of that game, right?

F

RIP

so why did club penguin noot its last? what made them decide to pull the plug?

They replaced it with a 3D(?) mobileshit version.

back to cuckchan with you.

Moved to mobile.

forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=206204
Thoughts on this?

I don't like the awful new OSRS community, and frankly hate the new Runescape even though I gave it a fair chance, but I don't want to see Runescape die any time soon. It meant too much for me growing up to watch it die now.

I'm going to miss all the shitty jokes Club Penguin had.

OSRS players are all autismo-prime. I tried to get into it and it just wasn't as fun as 06 RS used to be.
Tried some private servers, they were all right. Was going to stick with one until my account got rolled back for "exploiting".

Yeah this. OSRS is now a spreadsheet with a GUI. "Quality of life" updates fuck aspects of the game. The GE fucks merching. Nieve's Cave makes the rest of the slayer spots irrelevant. Buffed drop tables and Zulrah render skilling virtually irrelevant. New gear is ridiculously overpowered. Every aspect of the game has been distorted.

It really isn't even a game anymore.

music source?

MapleStory. You'd think it was dead from how empty the game is, but some fuckers keep pouring money into it to keep the game running.
I mostly want it to die so private servers don't have to worry about being shut down. Even though currently none of them are good.

I didnt even get to get my alt account banned at the end, feels bad.

There was actually a stickied thread on this board about a month a go with auto playing, embedded in the page, sad music to commemorate the announcement which by the way requires administrator or global volunteer levels of permissions to do so it was kind of a big deal, the thread wasnt actually alive that long comparatively cause it hit bump limit so fast cause of how sudden and depressing it was. I am sorry you didnt make it user.

It feels pretty bad man game was really a really unique experience.

Its not the same. It my literally be exactly the same but its not figuratively the same, these emulators lose the original charm of the game, its time to let it go, user.

What are you playing with 4chan or with random normal? I was implying transformice with Holla Forums, which has neither of those, there is even a thread up right now.

This is what caused me to even bump this thread and reply, holy shit user this oc is beautiful. I know its oc cause you literally included in my post. Thank you I will cherish this magnificent time capsule that you created for us. Thank you. I am crying again like a little faggot. I cant believe that I almost thought that it was just something you ripped from youtube. I should have know other wise its very high quality.

Thank you user from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate the gesture.

RIP club Holla Forums

F

clubpenguinisland.com/

YOU GET TO PLAY THIS NOW

AH HAHAHAHAHA

Well, I was mistaken. They actually managed to do a "Rewritten" of Club Penguin.

clubpenguinrewritten.pw/

We're all banned now…
Here's the original file if you want to try your hand at making a higher quality webm, I've never been the best at it: https ://files.catbox.moe/z3hktr.webm

NOT MY CLUB PENGUIN

CPR apparently already has ~60k players

Heres some unfunny images I took before the game closed. I work better when not under pressure, okay?

Thanks. I am not sure I have the technical aptitude to do what you just said but I do know that I will cherish it even more knowing I have the original uncompressed version. Thank you. Its a very emotion tugging piece of art that means a lot to me. So I really appreciate it.

Even if they are not that good, I figured maybe some one would get a kick out of atleast one of the, and you know once this thread dies I am probably never going to get a chance to post them again.

Is that Kermit an item in game? That's scary as shit dude.

It is was it was a background I found fucking around with the item adder before it stopped working the week before the game closed forever. I thought it looked creepy thats why I got it.

Yes anons, but: did you have fun? What if, instead of questing, and exploring, and playing with your friends or you clan or whoever, and asking everyone about their fishing levels, and just wandering around and enjoying the world for what it was - what if instead you stood in one spot and clicked on the same thing for hours on end. Would you have had the same amount of fun all those years? Or would you just look back on it now as five years you could have spent learning something useful? Be glad you enjoyed it while it lasted, anons. Those good memories are all you'll ever have of everything, because memories are all we are.