The government of Israel has been secretly infiltrating BDS organizations and student activism groups in the UK

The government of Israel has been secretly infiltrating BDS organizations and student activism groups in the UK
aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/exclusive-israel-lobby-infiltrates-uk-student-movement-170110140117749.html
what the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6eFEHWY_fgY
youtube.com/watch?v=bZffdKZbj5w
youtube.com/watch?v=BgtHK4iWvzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was expecting some seriously scandalous stuff, user.

Instead all I see is that a lobbying group is trying to spread a stance in a student union on one particular issue in an open and not particularly nefarious manner.

where do you think you are?
Holla Forums is a zionist board

This isn't shocking. BDS isn't even much of a threat to Israel anyway. I used to be part of that movement and most of the "activism" revolved around stupid stunts like walking into a Whole Foods and dumping Israeli products on the floor (which WORKERS have to clean up).

Targeting companies which profit off the occupation like GE and Raytheon is a much better idea TBH.

nice cointelpro Holla Forums

this, BDS is lifestylist

"Lifestylist" is being too generous. They're a bunch of moral fanatics.

good sassanach!

This is textbook counter intelligence. This is a strategy that is literally decades old. I'd be more surprised if this wasn't happening.

In my country, they targeted an Israeli chocolate franchise… that isn't even owned by Jews in this country. It's basically "hurr durr THE JEWS" without any kind of consideration for the Palestinian workers a wide-scale boycott can harm. Sortof makes me want to go buy a sodastream machine, tbqh fam.

Most Palestinians support BDS though.

Only 12 percent of Palestinians think both Jews and Arabs have cultural history in the region, and 83 percent believe that the entire levant is Arab land and Jews have no right to any of it. People think and support stupid shit all the time. BDS is liberal bullshit that has nothing to do with actually solving the problems on the ground, and is about moralising and feel-good bullshit that does nothing.

Personally I'm all for booting their fucking lobby out of the US government. They have congress by the fucking balls. Some real change

i love these fake leftists who are pro-israel just because they happened to be born jewish.

its fucking disgusting, read marx you complete and total fucking faggots

fuckoff apartheidist imperialist racist scum

Of what use have the PFLP been to the overall Palestinian resistance in the past 30 years? At this point, violent resistance, while morally justified, has become useless. Sure, a Palestinian kills four Israeli soldiers (terrorists) but what kind of "win" is that? Last year we heard about all those stabbings in Jerusalem and what happened? Nothing.

The only hope the Palestinians have at this point is with the UN. Get the rest of the world to sanction Israel and watch it dry up like a puddle on the sidewalk.

lol

"Everyone who doesn't hate Jews must be Jewish themselves" yeah no I'm a goy but fuck anti-semitism and fuck siding with regressives just because muh anti-imperialism.

Israel is literally a white supremacist state.

Israel is a great example of the Fourth Political Theory. If anything, it's a proto-NazBol state.

Eh its pretty liberal aside from the racism/ultranationalism.

You could've said the same thing about Hitler tbh

There are religious Zionists in the settlements (Chabad, for instance) who embody most of Dugin's ideas without being explicitly 4PT.

If Israel got rid of the liberalism and returned to religion and a form of self-reliance it would pretty much be a kosher North Korea.

Sort of, some elements of the government were pretty reactionary though, like the SS.

Yemeni Jews:
youtube.com/watch?v=6eFEHWY_fgY

Iraqi Jews:
youtube.com/watch?v=bZffdKZbj5w

Libyan Jews:
youtube.com/watch?v=BgtHK4iWvzA

Nice praxis

Why don't you think Israel is NazBol?

I can safely say the more outlandish claim in this instance is the affirmative

It lacks a command economy for starters.

True, not to mention the extreme liberalism. But the Israeli population is generally getting more actually reactionary and religious.

Hamas and Hezbollah can eat shit

that looks like an ethiopian jew

Hamas are a bunch of boys. Hezbollah are just Shia Ba'athists.

Hezbollah doesn't do much besides fight the IDF and Wahhabis, idk what makes them so awful.

They're trash any religious, militia with significant political influence that is being funded by Iran-Russia-China and indiscriminately murders civis which they absolutely do (just like the IDF and Al Queda) is garbage.

Mizrachi and Ethiopian Jews used to face a lot of racism in Israel. Now, the majority of Israelis (over 50% in fact) have at least one Mizrachi grandparent. Something like 1/3rd of all Israeli marriages are mixed Ashkenazi-Mizrachi so the ethnic distinctions are on their way out.

Yeah I know, it's like two thirds of Israeli Jews are now are at least half Mizrahi, the original point was just that calling Israelis white is pretty fucking retarded given most of them are brown af.

Well the pure ashkenazim who run the government and all the corporations are much whiter than the gen pop

Certainly. But you will find no shortage of support for the Zionist project among Mizrachim.

I would put a baby in her tbh

This, Israel is an illegitimate occupation force. They kill and main Muslim civilians on the flimsiest pretext.

BDS is gaining steam and Israel knows it. This kind of infiltration by the state is fascist

This

This

Fuck Israel, but the BDS "movement" is nothing more than a bunch of hipster white liberals. Even if it gains steam it will accomplish virtually nothing. Even if public opinion sways against Israel in the US, Trump is still close friends with Bibi not to mention most of these crypto-fascist governments around the world are making all sorts of MILITARY deals with Israel (including Russia and India).

This is a good article by Bookchin on the Israel-Palestine conflict, and it touches on a lot that the left fails to acknowledge.

Someone give me a TL;DR version.

Also:

If a single page is too much to read for you, you might be retarded.

who saw this coming

Bookchin was Jewish. It makes sense he wouldn't go against his own tribe.

My local BDS org was mostly palestinians and a couple white jews. Weirdly enough they received the same criticism about being a bunch of white hipsters.

Where are you? I'm in Boston and even though there are a fair number of Palestinians and Muslims the movement is filled to the brim with hipsters and students (most of them white).

Chomsky is right about BDS: it's detrimental to the Palestinians because THEY are the ones who end up paying the price for it. When SodaStream left the West Bank scores of Palestinian workers were fired. Also notice how the primary supports of BDS are Palestinians in the diaspora (including the ones living within Israel) who never have to face the immediate consequences? Palestinian elites love BDS but regular Palestinian workers have extremely nuanced views on the movement.

Why not organize Palestinians who work for Israeli companies and have them fight for their rights that way? Nationalism is so passe and history shows us how every single national liberation movement only resulted in neocolonialism.

Are you university students?

[reply to this post]
every palestinian i spoke with in palestine supports bds even if it hurts them in the short run. in conjunction with a violent resistance it can work well.

I mean, the forces of colonialism are NEVER going to react kindly to any sort of resistance. Taken to its conclusion, your argument basically says we should just roll over.
(Though I do agree with you that I'd rather see the initiative taken by Palestinians rather than western college students with a white savior complex.)

Because I don't live in Israel.

Violent resistance isn't going to do shit for them. Did the guy who drove the truck into the four soldiers win his people any gains? No, if anything it was a stunt.

BDS won't do shit. Walking into a Whole Foods and dumping Israeli hummus on the floor isn't bettering the Palestinians' way of life nor is it providing space for active resistance against occupation. BDS should focus on getting weapons to Israel sanctioned (which won't happen under a Trump presidency) or on divesting from companies profiting off the occupation. Who cares if Israeli musicians are boycotted? They don't set the policies.

Exactly. College BDS movements often result in the banning of Israeli academics and college students - who tend to be the left-wing of Israel, and the sort of people anyone who wants Palestinian independence should be supporting and working with.

Agreed, it's a bit like "leftists" who support reactionary Islamist/Nationalist organisations just bc they happen to be underdog.

Economic protests like BDS do work. It just takes a long time because a neo liberal imperialist state like Israel has nearly unfantomable amout of money and stolen surplus value.

Also you think about money like a prole and not porky. Yes you and I would be perfectly satisfied with money that would take hundreds of lifetimes to spend.

But Israel is looking for 7 percent growth year n and year out. Anything less cause problems and BDS can definitely do that. Iran was only able to survive sanctions because they are not neo liberal, all interest on debt is seized by the state

It's PR. It's superstructure. You look illegitimate to normies if even sending your musicians is controversial

If BDS doesn't work then why is the Israeli government so scared of it?

fooking this

It fails, because normies don't see it the way radicals do. Their first reaction isn't "Zionism must be an illegitimate ideology because Israeli artists are being protested". Rather, they see it as "Wow, BDSers sure are hyper-sensitive if they're protesting something as irrelevant as a music artist."

I've done campus organizing in the past and can say, most students don't care about international issues. Even when we did solidarity demos during the Arab Spring most students didn't give a shit and mocked the people attending.

All of Whole Foods customers are hipsters. If hipsters protest this much and this publicly then Whole Foods will stop carrying the product.

What part of this thing doesn't fucking work.

besides you pretending to be a triggered cunt for Mossad

Investments in Israeli businesses are already up. Jewish migration to Israel is starting to pick up again after it fell in 2015.

Why make Israeli couscous companies the focus of boycotts as opposed to the military-industrial complex, or targeting US politicians who approve all these military aid packages?

Except hipsters don't see it that way. Hipsters are just annoyed that their grocery store is being vandalized, making them LESS likely to join in the campaign.

All the more reason to boycott them. Also you sure know a lot about Israel. Just saying.

Sure SOME normies will react the way you describe. But a lot of normies curiosity will be piqued.

I remember over a year ago when NODALP started and normies had the same reaction. Even I would hear a lot of liberals look down on it as impotent protest. to be fair it kind of was at the time

Now look at that movement. I've been tracking BDS for a couple of years now and it's far bigger now

If you're so concerned about the military industrial complex culpability not being addressed why don't you start your own movement about that and work with BSD.

you won't because you're a concern trolling Mossad agent

Now you speak for all hipsters. If they're annoyed good, hopefully they publically talk about it to the media drawing more attention to BDS.

BDS has already had some successful boycotts so quit talking like this movement is just starting

Which religion are talking about, Islam or Christianity? Because you will find both in Hezbollah.

Why are left wing jews so butthurt about this?