The Japanese try their hand at making a superior Minecraft game

nichegamer.com/2017/03/28/nippon-ichis-sandbox-rpg-fully-revealed-has-protagonist-named-meme/

At long last NIS will show the fat Swede how the Japanese, the true masters of video games, can execute his concept a thousand-fold better. Featuring high-quality Japanese pixel-art and a quality localization by NISA, this time you will witness the true form of autism.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Pronounce-Meme
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want underages to stay in 4chan.

FUCKING normalfagS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FLAOT, where are you?

They're already 1-upping him by not writing it in java.

The artstyle looks like Cladun but 3D.

it's looks like that cube world alpha that still never got finished with the trillions of mojang's budget

That already happened with DQ:B.

Don't make me laugh.

3d with actually good interface nipon Dwarf Fortress when?

Never, Japs don't understand the appeal of adventure.

Except that one time they made the Zelda franchise.

It's shit.

I wonder why it's always PS when japan makes these kind of games.
I remember 3D dot game heroes and how it seemed to me like such an absurd choice since it's retro style has nothing to do with the newer PS consoles.

What a surprise, they weren't even able to make jrpgs on their own. Sad asian jews.

Nice thumbnail you fucking faggot.

Isn't NISA that's cancer?
This is the main branch in japan.

They then went on to spend the next 30 years slowly removing everything that made those games feel adventurous, until they finally decided to just copy the westerners with BotW.

this. the game will be forgettable at best.

Yes, but someone has to localize those Japanese games.

Here's a question, how do you pronounce "sage"? protip: sage is a japanese word

so it's garbage then

The most it will contribute to society is maybe some ideas that people will implement into Minetest mods.

If sage is pronounced "so-gay", wouldn't that mean meme is pronounced "may-may"?

All NIS games are translated by NISA, their in house localization branch. They also localize other titles outside of NIS games

What does a nosey pepper do? Get jalapeño business.

but back to video games, DQ:B is better than minecraft

Actually it's "sah-gay" but yes you are right about the pronunciation of meme.

impressive 'du-bees'

What happened to Nichegamer, that look of the site is horrendous.

There have been plenty of superior Minecraft-esque clones and they all fail because normalfags just want to stick to Minecraft.

A sorta-voxel-based RTT isn't remotely Minecraft.

Gaijin? Fuko da!

NISA and NIS are both equally cancerous for different reason;
NISA is the worst localization team in the industry and actively makes everything they touch worse
Meanwhile NIS screwed over their older employees out of their pensions to save cash which is why 90% of their employees now have been hired between 2005 and 2016, fund NISA, actively cut content out of their games to sell as DLC and generally make bland forgettable games,

NIS is japanese Ubisoft

Sah-geh
meh-meh

But the japs already made a superior minecraft

MOAR FLAOT

Real talk, is DQ builders actually good or is one of those "supperior nippon game industry" things?

What the fuck is going on.

It is the comfiest shit ever. It's more like 3D Terraria with a story than Minecraft though.

There are only two threads in the catalog that are direct linking nichegamer.
I think you're allowed to start screaming 'shill' at three.

I'd like to be a meme.

in their defense…it looks kinda kawaii

I remember when one of their writers posted here.

THE PS4 NOW HAS A FUCKING GAME OF THE YEAR

I love Japanese games but Western devs have been making RPG like minecraft rip offs for years and have always received backlash but its okay for nippon to do it? We shouldnt let this spread to Nippon then they'll lose creativity and make clones

Fucking hitler dubs confirm.
Hope there are frogs.

One.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT

MEME IS A FUCKING ENGLISH WORD COINED BY RICHARD FUCKING DAWKINS
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This. All the competent designers left sometime after Disgaea 2 and it shows.

Don't worry, there will be backlash if it turns out to be shit. it will

I don't care if this is NIS I like this game.

Why am I not surprised? This whole crafting, world building, sandbox games are so cancerous. normalfags bought them all up because they could care less about skill and only wanted a time sink.

NO IT'S FRENCH
mème = same
Why do you think it's pronounced as it is? In English it'd be said as, mi mi and not mème.

As an exercise find out what Mèmes means.

Sag EEEEE
It's a plant dum bass

Communists belong in the trash.

MEME IS GREEK YOU FUCKING PLEBS

It's actually a neologism, a word invented by Dawkins. But it derives from MIMESIS, as to say COPY. Which is pronounced MEE-MEH-SYS.

this is literally illegal, they cant steal microsoft's copyright.

Any relation to Memento?

this meem has to stop, it's supposed to be a parallel to the world gene.

Too bad Minecraft is irrelevant now, all the kids who were into it years ago have grown up

I don't know, saying meme/mimi/maymay is too weird.

Dawkins made it up himself, he says it's a contraction of mimesis. But a relationship with the word "memory" would be logical, as in memes being the basic unit of memories (memento means "something to be remembered" in latin).

This means nothing anymore. This is completely meaningless. You could have instead said:
and it would have made no difference.

I was going to give you an in-depth answer into why, but then I decided if you don't already know the answer you're pretty much retarded and won't understand it anyway.

does it have mods
does it have custom servers that will be abandoned and left to rot until we come across them later

otherwise, who cares?

No. It won't have any of this.

oh man minecraft clones. its like a slightly more innocent time

it'll have prinnies tho ;(

and i wish them the best. there have been dozens of minecraft clones so theres a lot to learn from. this could be the one

The Eternal Swede

That man is living the NEET dream
If he wasn't an autist and also a minor celebrity among faggot children he would probably already have constructed Holla Forums mansion

I just hope he fucking chokes consequences of that wall of candy he put into that one house he bought.

We should have mansion threads more often.

Flaot minecraft with rpg elements.
all i ever want really but nothing really fits the build and i don't know if those mods were ever updated for minecraft ya know the one with heaven/sky portal or whatever and bunch of dungeons and shit added to the game

Shit, if we had minecraft money we could probably buy a bunch of yachts and daisy chain them together into outer hea/v/en

It wasn't even his idea. He stole the concept from Infiniminer, but all these games are still called Minecraft clones.

Did you expect an xbone exlusive? Then it'll be really exclusive since nobody is left to play on that platform.

Why does PS4 keep gettin Minecraft clones?

you really are a faggot

I'd rather go through one DRM than multiple DRMs and patches plus hardware updates just to get one fucking game running. Also

poor condiment detected

SHITHEAD MEME IS A TURKISH WORD
it means boob

The other guy was a faggot but now you're also retarded on top. My dog has better reading comprehension.

because they've never had a successful minecraft clone.

I'd actually like to see more block games in general. Cube World was a great start, and would be GOAT if you could actually build in it.

All I want is to explore and endless world, gather things with some light crafting, stake out the perfect spot to build a nice little house, and then go out for adventures and bring loot back to my house. ;_;

Anyone know when that game will ever release? I swear if the guy just "finishes" the game right now and puts it on steam, he would be swimming in cash right now.

Never played the version that leaked online a few years ago though, can anyone tell me how it was for them?

Who's to say? Since it's just a project that he and his wife work on in their spare time.

They were pressured into putting out a release, and they had to make it a paid download to cover the cost of bandwidth. The game got swarmed with 12-year-olds as you would expect, called the game shit because it wasn't Minecraft, Wollay realized what a mistake it was and he took the paid download down after about a month since everyone thought Wollay was obligated to give constant content since they "bought" the game forever.

That said, I liked it a lot. I still play it every now and again because it's a fun adventure game. A lot of the stuff is very basic and placeholder, and you can tell. If it was refined a bit, the option to place blocks was added, and the combat was a little more in-depth, it would be a 10/10 game for me, easy.

You mean it isn't?

They fucked up at the first step.

Minecraft and games like it are all about exploring incredibly cramped spaces, or building potentially cramped structures to explore. You can't do that shit with a third person camera.

Seriously why do Japanese game devs so often avoid first person games?

Meanwhile, the US Gov has been using 'Meme' (or Me2, pronounced 'Me Too') as a code word for 'Mimetic Warfare', which was propaganda passed by simplistic and repetitive imagery changing hands at a fast pace, ever since 1906.
And what is a meme today?
Propaganda (communication to press, enforce, or suggest an idea, opinion, or thought) passed by simplistic and repetitive imagery changing hands at a fast pace.
Essentially every nation that used heavy propaganda at some point in history was aware of the concept and uses it at some point in their history.

Sage because replying to old posts with off topic.

what is this a fucking forum? sage because offtopic

In addition to what the other user said, the guy already made tons of money, so there's less pressure for him to update, which he really needs because he's either lazy or an autistic perfectionist, which I can say for sure because he shows up on twitter every 6 months to a year to post some update pictures and prove that he's not dead, and seems to be making some amount of progress

IT'S ME-ME NOT YOUR FAGGOT SHIT
STOP MAKING SPEECH SOUND UNLIKE WRITTEN LANGUAGE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can try trove. Some company stole his donut steel idea since he wasn't doing anything with it and made their own copycat game, but i hear it's shit.

wikihow.com/Pronounce-Meme

Obviously, we are on Holla Forums.

They already did and it was great.

Japanese phonetics is completely static, unlike English. "Me" as a syllable in a word will always be pronounced "May".

Your castle looks way better than mine does.

Dropped.

French même is spelled même and would be pronounced mehm for english speakers

It's not that bad. Food is fairly plentiful except in the fourth region. Once you get a kitchen set up town NPCs will make food for you for free without you having to gather resources at all. The better your kitchen the better food that they make. Additionally higher level food functions as buff potions as well as hunger refill.

is this game actually good?

my penis is hard

va chier didier

god bless you FLAOT user

メ= meh, not may you dekinai faggot

It's going to be PS exclusive and have no mods. The gameplay will likely be like 99% of other japanese games and be hack&slash faggotry along with a cliche, forced in story. There is no way this could be superior to autismblox, even though autismblox is shit.

Dropped

:,(

It means "you shall remember" silly barbarian.

Same reason they call it a Doom Clone and not a Maze clone

trying to learn latin, got any tips?

cubeworld was pretty fun

Start with a language like Spanish or Italian

too bad that faggot took the money and ran
released a trailer for an arena mode after a year of complete silence and I'm not even sure if that came out

Trove is nothing but trash, I played it for a bit but it doesn't have the same pleasant smell like Cube world.

Spanish is my native tongue, so it's kinda easy.
Anything else?

spanish is just a dialect of vulgar latin mixed with a bit of arabic, you should do fine. Learn some other romance language if you feel you need more practice though; romanian is a good one. Just don't go with catalan, that language is pure shit

If you can't understand by now you should just pirate it and play it for yourself.

It's been getting updates for the past few months which is interesting.

No it fucking hasn't
The dude shows up on twitter every six months to post about all the cool shit he's making but then never releases it
The game hasn't even been put back up for sale yet

Cool, thanks dude, I had been searching for an excuse to learn romanian anyways.

This opinion is retarded, DQ:B was literally just a budget DQ game with some halfassed building implemented. You only ever built anything to complete a objective and fulfill a condition for the next quest. I was thoroughly disappointed.

we dont have rules because were made up by stealing from 69 languages

Too this day, I am sad the Obsidian Portals can not be used to visit and view other players worlds