Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time

gq.com/story/obama-greatest-president-legacy?mbid=social_facebook

youtube.com/watch?v=RBP8uKqI2ns

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show,_don't_tell
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38536668
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude got nothing accomplished, kept bombing other countries, and expanded the surveillance state.

fuck him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show,_don't_tell

Chickenshit wannabe 'great statesman' that didn't even have the meager courage to be truly liberal.

Damn son. When that liberalism hits you like acid.

this world is so depressing GQ started talking politics

when the fuck did the male model mag start this shit

I dunno, but I have some GQ mags from 2008 where they talk about how handsome Romney is and how he only likes to eat the tops of muffins.

Eww… Mormon underwear.

That's definitely a fashion don't

Fuck
Remember the Romney doc where he actually ironed himself.

Like he was wearing his suit, and he ironed it while he was wearing it. Every once in a while he would react like "ohh" "ow that's hot", with a monotone

Like a fucking robot

Barack Obama will long be revered because he’s charismatic, presided over an economic revival, and changed and elevated the view of the presidency.

ja ja ja

Oh lord that was beautiful. Don't know how I missed this one.

God he was a gaffe a minute. I remember when he talked about how he "eats hamburgers like normal families" and his speech to Michigan "The tress are the right height here."

Obama will go down in history not only as a dissapointment but also as a failure, this is what most liberals think of him:
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38536668

tl;dr of the article: his policies were lackluster and Trump will end up erasing the little he did, he had no character and in the long run he accomplished nothing

1. Devoting his first year to bailing out Wall Street when he spent the year before it talking about everything he would do for main street. Letting Citi Bank/Chase choose his cabinet. Not arresting anyone or even just going to trial over what happened in 2008. Sending the police on Occupy Wall Street protestors.

2. Devoting his second year to Obamacare and not trying for a better healthcare plan when he had a filibuster proof legislative majority. Leaning on the the people who wanted a public health care plan instead of on the worthless blue dog democrats.

3. Allowing republican hacks to lynch Van Jones career over good things he did. Rather than defend someone he picked to be in his cabinet. Not saying anything about ACORN a perfectly valid organization with a well meaning goal given the system were in, that the Democrats didn't defend against Brietfart.

4. The suicide of Aaron Swartz. The torturing of Bradley Manning. The imprisonment of Barret Brown and John Kiriakou. Basically putting Assange under house arrest. The exile of Edward Snowden. The death of Anwar al-Awlaki and his son without a single shred of evidence that he committed any terrorist acts. Simultaneously allowing war criminals to walk scot free and criticize him on the news. The defense of the previous administrations torture program "We tortured some folks."

5. The escalation of wars in the middle east and around the globe after winning a peace prize. The expansion of the surveillance and drone programs. Putting a Republican in charge of the FBI (brilliant move.)

6. Not doing a fucking thing for the African Americans who voted for him or just as the first black president. Public schooling became more tenuous and less stable, private prisons escalated, drug enforcement got even more militarized, continued Clinton era slashing of social welfare programs.

7. Trying to give away Social Security in the "Grand Bargain" multiple times. Extending the Bush tax cuts forever. Continued to support TPP despite it's unpopularity to the point it helped crater the democratic party for good. Giving us a weak stimulus package while giving Wall Street and the insurance companies huge bailouts.

8. Allowed Hillary to sell fracking to the world. Dragged his feet on every pipeline issue. Used terms like "clean and green - Coal -fracking." Did nothing about the lax pollution standards Bush previously implemented in the "Clean Air Initiative."

I hate this country and the liberals who will cry over this man leaving and Hillary's loss.

nice meme

He legitimately did nothing of importance. The only thing he'll be remembered for is his skin color.

I will always remember Bush as the 'Stop playin on my phone' President.

As I will remember Obama as The Bathroom President.

(Remember when everybody thought he was going to be Reefer President?)

drone strikes on civilians
bailed out the banks
expanded the surveillance state.
Actually deported more immigrants than any other president believe it or not.
Forced obamacare, a half assed fucked up rip off of what mitt romeny did to his home state when he was govnor, the anger from this causing democrats to lose accorse the board in down ticket races, will be gutted by the chaos trump.
Pretty much got steam rolled by putin for 8 years straight, russia has now reestablished itself as a global player and bailed out its allies in syria.

Culturally the obama years were complete garbage, music sucks, movie suck, news media is more noticeably biased in favor of status quo. the rise of the social justice warrior and its yang, the alt right.

All in all a pretty garbage world obama created.

wat the fugg

I can't act surprised, but I can be annoyed anyway.

He killed himself because he was a huge fucking pussy. Obama has little to do with it.

I honestly think that his legacy amongst many people was that he was a celebrity politician during the rise of the internet.
The only times I've seen normies talk about Obama is on those "wow look how cool Obama is!" videos rather than about anything he did politically.
It's the same with Trudeau or the Queen of the UK.

I can't help but be skeptical since "suicide" is a common excuse whenever someone gets murdered dies in custody.

Yeah.

NO HOPE & NO CHANGE

Obama will go down as one of the greatest presidents ever in the popular consciousness simply because he'll be bookmarked by bush and trump. In scholarship he'll be the guy whose obsession with legacy pissed away his legacy.

He wasn't that big of a problem to require such measures, plus he was sentenced to 35 years in prison(?) and it's very plausible that would break him considering his background and also in general.

What the fuck is wrong with him? Can't he take his jacket off for one minute?

How come obama kept fucking up but has such a high approval rate

Media spin. He literally won an award for marketing for his 2008 campaign.

Friendly reminder that this man was just a couple votes in the right places away from being the leader of the Burger Kingdom.

He compares favorably to his predecessor, his successor, and his party's latest nominee. Also his presidency is 'historic' due to his skin color, no matter how incompetent he is.

Romney lost Colorado, the 'tipping point' state, by over 5 points. It wasn't a close election in the end.

The media loved him and his all his scandals, for one– but also he was unusually divisive. He maintained a high approval rating among dems and an abysmally low approval rating with republicans that actually somehow got lower, and never went higher at any point. (His approval rating among repuicans ENTERING office was lower than any other contemporary president at ANY point during their candidacy). Since he never lost support with liberals his approval rating never moved.

There is no way Obama will be up there with Washington, Lincoln or Roosevelt. It's stupid on its face to even say that. At best he'll get JFK status– someone well regarded for their historicity and personality.

at the risk of sounding like a hysterical centrist lib, a non-trivial section of the country would have disapproved of Obama no matter what he did solely for being black.

Well yeah. I mean he didn't do that much that republicans should honestly dislike– he stole romneycare ffs.

I warned folks. There is a tremendous difference between how a poor black man sees race and how a well-to-do mixed guy sees race. Obama probably thinks of races in the same terms that most of us do, as a made-up, irrelevent identity. When Mom and Dad look like they belong to different groups, the differentiation between those groups seems like a meaningless trifle that stupid people fight over.

I don't think Obama could have become president if he had mental problems

The amount of punishment he was facing for his supposed crime coupled with the fact that the prosecutor and the attorney general both admitted they were using him as an example rather than caring about his "crime" individually puts this squarely on Obama's shoulders. Especially when he refused to enforce finance laws and war crimes with the same tenacity and meanness.

You can blame Aaron for not being strong in a hopeless situation, but when ones is facing a Kafkaesque legal system where nothing is fair and no justice is in in sight. You might resort to the same outcome he chose.

He would have been let off on a much lesser charge. The feds love to throw the book at people like that. He should have waited for the process to work itself out instead of freaking out. I guess that's what happens when all you have ever known is the upper class jewish lifestyle. You lack proper coping mechanisms for dealing with acute stress.

He had money right? He should of McAffee'd.

An implicit point in my post near the end was the problems of a two tiered justice system. Even the poorest black people in America that are used to the fact that their cases will most likely never see trial despite their innocence sometimes crumble under the pressure of deal based litigation either by committing suicide or taking a guilty plea they don't deserve. As outlined in pic related. You can harden yourself with lowered expectations and continued abuse but even the most hardened sometimes crack. Dismissing one persons suffering and elevating another can help us feel self righteous for a few minutes but the point is the system is failing to live up to it's ideals of justice on a massive scale.

From what I know of Aaron's case the deals they were offering were not very fair given the harmless nature of his supposed "crime" and like I said they wanted to make an example of him, they weren't giving an inch to him and his lawyers for a reason, they wanted him to suffer so that others wouldn't make the mistake of sharing information in a capitalist based academia.

Poor bastard kills himself, and all you can say is that he's weak.

What are you on about? He's far more invested in his black identity than some race-blind "I don't see color, I see the man" bullshit.

His father was entirely absent from his formative years, and he was practically raised by his white grandparents - from Dreams from My Father it's pretty clear he's more invested in black identity than simply using it as a political crutch to catapult into the senate, then presidency