When I was just a boy I always assumed when I was older the video games I would be playing would look just like the 3D...

When I was just a boy I always assumed when I was older the video games I would be playing would look just like the 3D renders used in cover and promo art for N64 games.

Why is it that we're still not there yet?

Muh realism is a heroine dragon.

I like that early CGI look, but the market doesn't.

I told them not to do it because fuck you.

That looks like ass. Do you really want it?

They already look better than that though. Other than the texturing and such.

It looks great

Because back then you were playing games in 480 on old style TVs. New shit is higher resolution, which requires more power to push out that many pixels, and the image quality is sharper to boot, which means that it's possible to see all the flaws because there's no convenient built-in SD blur filter.
If TV tech hadn't advanced, consoles would probably be pushing out CGI shit right now. PC gamers, on the other hand, with glorious cathode ray tubes, would still have high resolutions and speedy hertz.

We could be able to render Toy Story real-time at 480p on a PS3 without framerate drops.

Toy story at 60fps makes me somewhat uncomfortable. Wasn't okami natively running at 4K or something?

fuck me forgot pic

But we are, user. Isn't it wonderful?

Stop making me sad.

It looks better than any of the shit on the market right now.

I'm not sure if I should laugh that this costed millions of dollars or cry that that money could have went into development of games that look like mid-90's renders.

jesus christ

I fucking hate this world.

They used raycast lighting and geometry subdivision up the fucking whazzoo for those renders, both of which are horribly expensive on the GPU. For the last 20 years they've been inventing cheap methods to imitate raycast lighting and higher detail models without having to actually use either. Environment maps, parallax/normal maps, etc. If you've ever wondered why there are no functioning mirrors in modern games it's because current videogame rendering pipelines don't use raycasting to simulate light. They use cheaper methods which aren't physically accurate but look good most of the time. In old games they just mirrored the actual game world for the other side of the mirror. Nowadays that's getting almost as expensive as just using raycasting.

isn't that a girl alien? Doesn't have that head-crest thing.

This is gonna be the best genre when it goes.

Realistic Katamari

Sounds like a good game tbh fam.

I really don't give a shit, but ok, say it's a girl.

Aside from it being a blatant fucking push for a stronk indypyndynt wymyn cunt beating up "le straight white male" alien. If women in those species were without a vestigial appendage which would biologically be used for competition for mating rights, they would be biologically weaker as a whole.

What a shit universe.

we did with kof14 but they've updated the graphics

How do you even link someone's ethnicity to a fucking meme. Speaking of meme, pepe is hispanic and Holla Forums worships him
TALK ABOUT IRONY!

I agree.

Was thinking of this.

Toren looks like old 3D renders.

Try that out.

It's this same one paranoid faggot that goes on long rants about how spics are subverting this good white board with their shitty memes.

It is almost worse if it is a female Krogan, because Krogan females are worth their weight in gold.

hello Holla Forums

tbh fam smh atm rn tbqph fam w/e idgaf nbd dw

You sound like a self hating spic named Ernesto

HOLY FUCK. I remember that! He was derailing the share thread. The JoJo thread and like five other ones, he was also the guy who said something about having a wife and being too good to fap to hentai. Fucking hell, I am cracking up. I can't believe he's fucking back.

Goodbye thread. It was nice while it lasted.

HE IS BACK

Fuck off spic

IT'S FUCKING TIME. GET YOUR SCREENCAPS READY
Yes, good job detecting yourself.

Shit, is the brown-sperg back? I can't wait fro more of his meme magic snorting, shitposting adventures.

HE'S FUCKING BACK BABY. THE RiDE NEVER ENDS

I only adopted the shit to fuck with your exact type of autist, so good job. Why don't you bitch about Reddit spacing with those hot meme arrows next time.

Poking the autistic bear with a stick user, watch out.

He is talking to me!

Because it's another thing I intentionally adopted to fuck with your exact type of autist. Are you seeing the connection? Nice job taking the meme arrows bait, nice job being baited by that image. Are you a literal fish, you stupid fucking manlet?

no, it really doesn't.

It looks better, and there is considerable amount of touch up work done to those art pieces.
If you literally even barely jack shit about Promotional Art creation for games you would know that most of it is cheated/touched up to look better than what hardware can actually do.
You fucking hipster doesn't actually know jack shit about and probably doesn't play games hipster, go back to your shitty fucking starbucks and choke down another crappy overpriced coffee full of creamer because you are such a fucking pussy you can't drink real coffee without having a stroke.
Fuck you.
You are dirt to me. Fuck you.

Lol, it's always the white punk kids getting beat up by darker colored kids. I have never seen a white kid stand up to a brown kid, no matter the size.

Oh fucking christ. He's going to go off on a storm now. Thanks thrad.

At first I wasn't sure, but now I know it's you again.
Consider that several people have already recognized you based on text alone. That's no mean feat across several different threads and ~2 years.

Fucking this, I'm making a thread about this guy.

Oh, you.

Fucking christ, just as I was making a thread about it.
Mark, let us know what he writes as his appeal!

Is this really the game and not a comedy machinima? Are those really the voice actors. Holy shit.

Schizo-kun, if you're still reading this, please come back under a proxy.

Yes, and do it in the Mass Effect thread.

I used the same phrasing to indicate the parallels between the two tactics. I'm 6'5", dwarf.

Anyone managed to screencap his posts?

(checked)
He always comes back. He's like the tumblrtale sperg, he sticks to this place like fine shit on a wall.

He's banned user.

I refreshed the thread, unfortunately not.
Let do it

i played that, its a walking simulator made by the brazilian government. finished it in about 2 hours

fucking chimps can't make anything right.

I'm starting to miss Schizoautist user. Do you think he's >>>/cow/ material? I think so.

Is this the male version of "has a mother" meme?
Jesus Christ now that's some autism

Pepe is a fucking frog.

Well the meme god is Egyptian, so he's most likely black.

das right

Who hails from Mexico or Spain.
Holla Forums should worship aztec gods

WE WUZ FROGS

i thought krogans all had gravely voices? why does that one have a gay lisp

Because muh diversity, that's why.

i have no idea what is going in this thread but that guy seems like a fucking normalfag

We wish he was a normalfag. He's the exact opposite if you've seen his posts.

He's more of a raging autist than a normalfag, tbh. Tbh fam.

Six minutes until the unban of our autistic young friend. Not that he'd DARE to come back after what I did to him. 2ez. ZERO challenge!

Here it is, I wonder if it's readable now?

We're not there yet because, last time I checked, realtime raytracing wasn't feasible.

Fuck, raytracing really does make everything look better.

Reminded me of this.

Reminder for anyone taking screencaps: At least have the spoiler text visible when you take it. Admittedly it's not quite as easy if it's a post with multiple spoilers, but that's easy enough to stitch up.

Why the fuck is that so compressed? Not like something that short would have come close to reaching the filesize limit even at 100% image quality.

Jesus Christ those images read like if current year cuck/v/'s userbase was transported twenty years into the past

Wher'es the thread, friendo?

The reason Pepe is considered Hispanic is because his name is a spic nickname for "Jose"
Jose = pepe = spic

anyways, long text autism man is a hero and should IP range ban all those in shitskin countries just to see what happens.

nah, the actually guy you're thinking off would keep projecting others as "nigger spic manlets" and then do text long rants about how spics are ruining Holla Forums.

I bit better, but still not as clear as it could be. Granted, I've had times where I've only had existing (crappy) screencaps to try to compile into an image (see pic related) long after the thread they were originally from had 404ed, and it doesn't help either that we still don't have a reliable archive for the site.

Have some more.

Hell, you'd be surprised (or perhaps not) at how long the "It's over, Nintendo/Sony is doomed" stuff has been around.

I was actually watching someone stream the game, since I wanted to see the shit show in motion.
The voice acting is so fucking tired, it sounds like everyone just rolled out of bed after a bender and started reading their lines into a mic next to the bed while they have dry mouth. Then the effeminate aliens, if it wasn't for the fact that it's purely to virtue signal the diversity of the UNIVERSE I wouldn't really give a shit, but knowing better just makes it unbearable.
The webm going around showing the female protag running like a retard with her legs constantly being spread, that holds true even with the male protag, their legs go fucking crazy the moment you strafe slightly left or right.
And regarding the krogans, I'm not familiar with the lore at all since I've not played any of the games, but there's some virus that was going to be spread to sterilize the krogans in an earlier game, you supposedly find a cure for the virus but in andromeda the virus WAS spread to the krogans and only like 1 out of every thousand krogan children survive while the rest are still-births. Andromeda is LOSS: the game.

lmao

Artist name?

Check the bottom left corner.

Because AAA companies decided to go down the "realism" route instead of the "style" route, never realizing that these two are mutually exclusive. The closer we get to a video game that emulates reality, the more we realize we're playing something that is not reality; there is no immersion because everything is about how many fucking polygons they can cram on screen.

Thats a long ass time

Damn.

Why does it feel so good on the eyes?

Mario games never once tried to be realistic though.

That's true, because they never tried to be anything but the same damn thing on different platforms and with slightly crisper art.

This is just too funny