Tell me captain, if the federation is so great, why are there no good games of it?

Tell me captain, if the federation is so great, why are there no good games of it?
looking for star trek vidya, preferably rts/grand strat

Other urls found in this thread:

goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Play
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Computer. End life.

There were a buch of good Star Trek games in the 90s and early 2000s. Long before Holla Forums.

Birth of the Federation, faggot

Low effort template thread, newfag

Elite Force is a good game even if you don't like Trek. Picrelated, however, is only worth playing if you want more DS9. It isn't bad, just a bit forgettable.

Star Trek is not good

Where can I get this game though?

That's cause the Federation don't make good games.

Uhh, because you are a dork and Star Trek is for basement dwelling nerds?

Fuck off, Cardies. Garak was the only cool one of you guys.

On topic, I'm surprised no one's attempted a VR simulation of a holodeck, yet. It seems like an obvious cash-in.

Which game lets me fuck shit up as klingons.

Klingon Academy
goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/

This.

It was the first big Sci Fi universe that hit the main line, but it is quite shit compared to other stuff. Like saying the original Doom is the best fps.

It's not bad simply for being old, but the universe is just dumb and boring.
There isn't a single new fan. Every fan of Star Trek is stuck to it purely on nostalgia. Star Wars is much more popular because it genuinely is better and far more entertaining.

Thanks mate, I'll check this one out.

You can start by learning how to torrent an easily found file:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3ae46c08593e471bb1caa2a52a79d0f4147c02cb

Enjoy the game.

Sacrifice of Angels 2 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire

And it's not even a normalfag one like 4chan. Seriously it always amazes me how some of us fine people lack any sense of self awareness.

Star Trek 25th anniversary
Elite Force & Elite Force II (Prefer the latter but it did get really cheesy at times, also pretty dated feeling gameplay…. but some extremely memorable maps.)
Bridge Commander?

Why did you post the Homeworld 1 Mod?

No, you cancerous dipshit, it wasn't. In fact not even counting the radio you off by about 30-40 years.

What the fuck did you just fucking say the Federation, you little Ferngi? ? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Federation, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids against The Borg, and I have over 900 confirmed kills.

I am trained in Klingon warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Federation . You are nothing to me but just another tribble. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this quadrant, set a mark towards my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit about the Federation over the Hypernet? Think again, petaq.

As we speak I am hailing Section 31 and your coordinates are being traced right now so you better prepare for the plasma storm, maggot. The plasma storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re vaporized, kid. I can teleport anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s not including my bat'leth.

Not only am I extensively trained in ship to ship combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the entire Q Continuum and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the latinum, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking vaporized, kiddo.

But we already have Mass Effect for you types

Yeah but too bad now Star Wars is ruined and everything that made it fun 20 years ago is retconned while the rotting sour corpse of the good old days is drug through fetid c-diff feces.

Do you get to fuck Dax?

Mass Effect, when you look at it retrospectively, is the opposite of Star Trek.

In Star Trek, the mission is to seek out and meet new species and generally explore.

Diversity in Star Trek is their strength. Being able to sit down with a group of your peers and deciding the best way to beat another group's ass is excellent.
And then the groups that rebel against the Federation's "Everyone has a place " rules? We have those as well.

Argubly. Star Trek is space communism done correctly.

Don't fucking remind me.

You should add onto Disney that despite declaring all old fluff non-canon and saying they were going in a new direction has not actually produced anything new. Instead they are picking and choosing what parts of the old EU they want to rape.

missed opportunity

You might be right that Star Trek is overrated but let's not go that far.

Are you retards excited over Discovery or will it be JJ tier?

Personally.. Excited.

But like the nu-StarWars Films ; I'm prepared for it to be shit and will make it my business to be the first on Memory Alpha to let people know.

You can only pick one, faggot.

It's got lots of the talent from the later series on it, and they've got unreleased material from Roddenberry, but the fact they had to cast non-whites, as in that's what the calling sheet asked for, not "asian" or "latina", you can tell it won't be space communism, but indoctrination.

It will be, dare I say it, worse than Voyager.

A sad, sad state.

What do you prefer?
Battlestar Galatica?
Andromeda?
Alien Nation?

My mind is still fucking boggled.

Star Trek was one of the first science fiction shows that never bothered with Race Politics.
Nobody cared about the race or gender of the actors - - As long as they were good.

Now comes 2017 and suddenly, it's a big deal? It's like these fuckers never watched , nor read Star Trek in their lives. They just spent the entiretly of the existance paying lip service to something they couldn't be assed to be interested in it.

Fuck. This is our hobby. This is our nerd kingdom. I want the normals to leave. I want our Nerds to start giving money to the right companies so they don't have to appeal to the fucking tumblrinas.

Okay. I've gotten too worked up.

:^)

It's got Bergman on it, and while he has good ideas, he needs others to reign him in and his race fetish.
There's Roddenberry's son, but from what I've seen, he's only in it for the shekels.

It's surprisingly decent for a FPS on the 3DS.
The final fight is the only negative aspect of the game.

You user are excellent company and I would glady watch scifi with.

Speaking of Scifi.. How much does it cost to build your own network?

I've seen some various Grindhouse channels on Roku, I wonder how much they pay for their content? Because a streaming channel that has -all- of the scifi shows , science fiction anime and actually stays on topic? People would pay money for that.

Torrent it like suggests, I suppose. I've got an old disk copy.
Make sure to use OpenGL mode if you want a modern resolution and you sometimes have to manually disable compressed textures in the game's config files (very easy, change a 1 to a 0).

Which Dax? And no.

No.
Star Trek is Science Fiction, Star Wars is fantasy that just happens to be in space; comparing the two is apples and oranges. Also TOS Trek is actually hurt by nostalgia, there's a false memory of it being more camp than it really is. TNG, however, runs on nostalgia alone as 3/4 of the episodes are either terrible or downright forgettable.

It's supposed to be the Argie flag, but this user saved it and fucked up the cropping in the process.

I never understood that. William Shatner back then was not the massive ham he is today. Whenever people talk about him ; you'd be hardpressed to believe they were not talking about old Camp Batman.

Could it really be that universe swap thing people are talking about? People from one universe remember an event as silly. People from the other universe remember the same event as serious. That or people are just -very- judgemental of Shatner's Kirk.

TNG was really 50/50 I'll give you that. Out of all the things regarding Star Trek, I wish they left the Borg as "the biggest fish in the sea" for a longer period of time- Could have made V'ger it's commander, all kinds of neat stuff.

Pic related.

Remember that time Riker fell for an alien with no gender?
Remember that time a drunken Wesley took over the ship?
Remember that time an alien impregnated Troi with itself so it could learn about how humans worked?
Remember when they were too cheap to make a real episode and just had Riker in a coma while they played clips from other episodes?
I still love TNG, but you're not wrong.

That happens with every tv series. The clip-show or flashback episode is a must have.

Bioware just unintentionally made an epic star trek game, that has nothing to do with star trek.

The Doctor from Enterprise is the Templar in Diablo 3.

Fuck♂ you♂

They should've more Xindi and mirror episodes.

I like the crew life when everyone not being a bunch of faggots.

I wish there was a crossover so that near the end of season 2 of BSG, SG1 were to cross over into BSG. Hell Sg1 came across a bunch of aliens known as the Colonials.

John Cavil's actor interacted with SG1 as well.

stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Play

The idea is to basically make the suffering that everyone went through during the two seasons meaningless. The Tau'ri would be able to nuke base stars as they please by beaming nukes on the ships like they did during Atlantis, and absorb any cylon attack the way Apothis's ship during season 1 was able to absorb the blasts of the modified nukes.

To drive the insult even further the survivng colonials would be dropped off at some friendly planet by the Tauris, and the colonials would never be allowed to visit earth besides the occasional delegation/meeting in stargate command.

Lexx is a fantastic flawed and unique gem, its so weird and apparently the creators were weirdos and drug addicts.

Yet its wonderful in almost every way, I adore the musical episode which is hands down the best episode.

Don't you mean DS9? That voice sounds a lot more like Bashir than it does Flox.

People don't realize that they've been trying to get a gay character in Trek since fucking TNG in the 80's (that genderless character Riker falls for was originally going to be a male) but the producers just keep shooting it down. The closest we ever got was a kinda-sorta lesbian kiss on DS9. Now there's finally a series that has a faggot, and everyone loses their shit. Oooh, it must be the SJWs or tumblrinas or whatever. Same shit they'd be saying back when Kirk kissed Uhura.

The only thing that I'm upset about is that it seems they're going BACKWARDS about 30 years to making the token gay character a joke character. Not a real person; just a punchline. He's a mushroom scientist. REALLY. The worst part is that it's essentially the biggest trope of Trek to relegate the "weird character", as in "the non-quite-human that teaches people what it means to be human", to being either the Scientist or the Doctor. In fact, it's happened now six out of seven times! Spock was the Science officer, Data was the Science Officer, Odo bucked the trend by being in Security (one of the many reasons it's the best of the series), but then we're back to the Doctor who was… the Doctor, until later when Seven came along and settled right into Science, finally there was Phlox who was the goddamn Doctor again. Now we have a gay Scientist. Of course.

So why couldn't they make the faggot character be literally ANYTHING else? Chief engineer? Helmsman? Second in command? Tactical officer? Nope. Gotta put him in Science. That's where we stuff the weird people so we can explore their weirdness. Except gay isn't weird. Gays are like everyone else except they prefer Tab A instead of Slot B; they're not non-humans. You don't have to make gay an ISSUE like you make being an alien on a human ship, or being a machine or a hologram, an issue. Gay isn't some hat you wear. It shouldn't be a Big Deal in this day and age and CERTAINLY not in the era of Star Trek. Roddenberry always held that there were gays on the Enterprise, you just didn't see them because the producers wouldn't allow it. But nobody behind the fourth wall would have given a shit.

But I guarantee they will give a shit in the series. Oh, there will be whole episodes devoted this guy and his gayness, and all the shit it causes, and that's the WRONG WAY TO GO ABOUT IT! That's not how you foster a healthy environment of tolerance and acceptance. You just put it there and then ignore it! Show everyone that it's just another type of normal. How many episodes did we have focusing on the fact that Sisko was black on a station that's majority white? Yeah, that's what I thought.

yeah the show that went out of their way to have a jew kiss a negro never cared about race. call me when the challenger lands, kid.

What did he mean by this?

The movies were great, the tv series was utter crap though.

Well we know who the faggot is.
DS9 was by far the worst. Characters change completely from one episode to the next. Dax is a better human then any human, a better Klingon the warf, a better frengi then quark. The guy who plays Sisco is not only bat shit insane, but can only play insane.

And that's just the beginning my seventeen page rant. The last season was pretty alright, everything else was shit.

kill yourself gaylord

Little kids like you have no business watching TV shows from before you were born. Why don't you go back to watching Star Wars if DS9 didn't have enough epic space battles to get your tiny dick hard.

I'll admit that Sisko is a little insane, but that's part of his charm. But you wouldn't understand subtlety if it slapped you in the face like a dildo the size of a warp nacelle.

Correct.
Best series is Enterprise.
Best Captain is Porthos.
Best qt is Troi, but Hoshi is pretty good, especially that mirror version with the midriff.

You're wrong about Avery Brooks though. He only acts insane to fuck with people.

Armada is fun, even though the balance is a little off. Avoid its sequel, it's incredibly bland.

Fuck you faggots. Andromeda was the better space show and you faggots know it.

Star Trek is what happens when liberals rule earth. They go on a retarded voyage to suck all the alien cock it can and ignore all the degenerate shit in the universe.

Lexx was like what would happen if you took "Heavy Metal" and decided to make it a live action space opera.

What do you want?

shit thread. Guy asks for RTS and GSG of Star Trek. No one mentions BOTF. I say this every thread because its an underrated game.

Game has performance issues on modern systems. GOG hurry the fuck up already.

Most people haven't actually watched TOS, they just recycle second-hand knowledge. Same reason people shit all over the third film despite it not being all that bad (not great mind but not terrible). BBT had not helped since now everyone just parrots what the characters on it said.

I love TNG's good episodes but I think there's probably less than two seasons worth of them.

I want Babylon 5 to be good.

The Federation is literally America in Space, user. Always at war, always growing. If you want to fingerpoint at the liberal intellectuals who don't do anything, that's the Vulcans.

I know when an episode is bad, but sometimes the bad ones are more fun for just how stupid they get. Like Geordi turning into a lizard monster or the one where everyone goes mad because they can't get proper sleep.

What happens to him in DS9? I haven't watched it.

Chief of Operations.
And his life is hell.

Slightly better than his life goes in the mirror universe.

This chick comes from a planet where there are roving rape gangs.
This is what she wears.

Remember when O'Brien's wife turned 12 years old?

No, his life is better in the Mirror Universe. He isn't married to Keiko there.

Just her body, so it was awwwwwright.

Behold!
The height of video games in the federation!

Don't forget about that game where you attach a bunch of cow-milkers to your fingers and wiggle them really fast.

I always considered that more like a board game than a video game.

Except that's simply not true. I only became a fan a few years ago. I was familiar with the series before, but I never actually watched any episodes till my stoner friends convinced me to.

Both of them are space-themed fantasy.
Stuff like 2001 and Das Frau Im Monde are science fiction. Star Trek, with its psychic communication with sentient rocks, human's and aliens being reproductively compatible and spaceships with decks being laid out perpendicular to the thrust of their engines is no more science fiction than Star Wars or Buck Rogers, it just wears more superficial science fiction trappings than they do.

the part of the flag that is visible is fucking purple, nigger have you ever seen an argentinian flag in your life?

I suppose that's true, but the preceding example wasn't a "game", either; it was just a visual interface for injecting Space Heroin.

There don't seem to be any "video games" in Star Trek at all, just competitive physical sports, games of betting/chance, and usually-two-player board games. Considering they have holodecks, that isn't surprising… but only on the surface. Not everyone wants to play a fully-immersive, first-person, virtual-reality game, but that's literally all you seem get on a holodeck.

Is there a game where you just play as O'Brien suffering?

Yeah. You're playing it right now actually.
You start it every time you wake up.

It's time to wake up.
We miss you.

Go ahead. You'll just be brought back to life.

The only good Star Trek games were back when Star Trek was good, which means they're all UNIX games as it's been shit since mid-way through TNG and PC gaming was still in its single player infancy.

Netrek is the one you kiddos missed out on. I hated it back in the day (it was full of autists of power levels far beyond your comprehension) so I remember very little about the mechanics so if you ask what ogging was I'm just going to make shit up.

FTL is what a star trek game should be, at least in battle mechanics.

rascals thread

How the hell are there roving rape gangs in the Federation? I thought everything was suppose to be perfect?

DS9 Red Pilled us on that one.

I've been recently binging TNG, and I love this scene. It's so uncomfortable it's fucking hilarious.
"shit my wife is 12 fuckfuckfuck I dont want to go to jail"

I almost forgot about that.

I'm currently watching the modern Star Treks for the first time, being convinced by a friend.
Tell me, are those series the reason why you're all such fucking cucks?
When it's not about Riker fucking traps, then it's about Sisko fighting for the Black Rights, or that indian faggot (who is literally the only religious human in the entire series, what's up with that) discovers Native Americans were the literal chosen people of wise noble ancient aliens, and they were so good and pure that they impressed the entire cosmos.

Star Trek has always been pretty liberal. TOS was a bit subdued, but it always had that underlying feeling. The longer the series goes on the more tendrils the jews get into it and it shows.

It's not part of the Federation, it's an outside Federation human colony.

Only in hindsight. It was excessively liberal for its time.

nice try, faggot.
Here, I found a video game character describing your penis.

The best thing Gene did for star trek was to die and get out of the way.

See, I took this as first season TNG bullshit. I guess the idea was that there were human colony worlds that weren't federation. But that idea kinda got thrown to the side until the Marquis storylines.

It's no secret that the fan favourite episodes of any series are the ones that deal with the shadows behind the scene. In The Pale Moonlight is best girl.

Trek is speculative and set in a (roughly) coherent/consistent universe and therefore is Science Fiction. You can have a SF story set 100s of years in the past with fucking magic if you want as long as the magic conforms to a set of rules and the effects it would have on society are explored.
If treated in a consistent and speculative manner such things are not incompatible with being SF (there are plenty of classic SF stories that deal with telepathy, pulling a famous example out of my arse The Demolished Man). If you wish to make the distinction then Trek is unarguably soft (or social) SF rather than hard SF though the terms soft and hard are rather judgemental. The elements of the story do not matter - they can be robots, magic, telepathy, cloning etc - it is only how they are explored, if at all, that matters.
All this said I'm willing to agree many of TNG, VOY and ENT's episodes are at best space-themed fantasy but as I said earlier I'm of the the opinion that only the good episodes of post-TOS series are worth watching anyway.

At least they're memorable, I suppose. TNG's filler episodes aren't even notably bad, just outright bland.

No faggot, that's not how it works!

AHEM!!!!!!!

No, Star Trek was extremely concerned with Race politics. But behind the scenes, and in a time where it actually mattered.

There's a reason the OG bridge crew had a Russian and jap for example, so soon after WW2. A lot of the early episodes were basically thinly veiled aesop fables about racism bad or some other such thing.

The difference is that back then the general culture was legitimatly racist, and for the most part it was done tastefully and with skill rather than hamfistedly having the whole crew go "GEE SHUCKS GOOD THING WE ARENT RACIST!" every 10 mins.

The new one is going to be shit because it, like all SJW crap, is trying to fix a problem that was solved a generation or two ago because the creators think they're better than everyone else who must of course be racist assholes because they don't live in California or New York.

Also it wont be tastefull or thought provoking. The racism lessons wont be a subtext behind some alien concept. It'll be a black guy being told he cant be commander because he's black. Or some other such bullshit.

Unlike America the Federation actually wins wars though.

One thing that annoys me about Star Trek is that the Federation and Starfleet functions too well. Not very realistic.

Star Trek is liberal leftist Californian hippie stuff.

The original Star Trek had a white man kissing a negress and that was in the 60s when they lynched people for that.

You would guess that trekkies would have moved on with their lives by now.

You know, despite all the spiel of star trek being progressive, it's clear to me that it was all just a liberal charade, while the writers are actually incredibly racist at heart, which is most obviously shown in how they write all the alien races. They "tackled" controversial matters to show their leftism, but when it came to cardassians, or klingons, or anybody else, they show exactly what's their view on race.
Most of them are strikingly human in appearance, mirror our culture and base behavior, and are able to interbreed with humans. Those are, for all intents and purposes, different humanoid races
But to explain what I mean when I say they are racist: Nearly every alien is absolutely devoted to his race, the race's customs, traditions, and would betray others for the sake of his own race, even when living for years in a mixed community.
Worf being the worst offender in this case. Raised by humans, barely remembering his klingon ancestry, he is still incredibly faithful to that part of his being. Let's just translate some of his lines to something closer to home, shall we:
Same goes for nearly every other alien. Nog grew up from a loveless father, among hoomans, with a hooman best friend, then was trained by federation, but still has ferengi instincts and compulsions

Except that Worf, almost 100% of the time, sides with the federation against the klingons when it's an option. He does that shit all the time.

Nog, also, isn't very ferenghi like at all. He joins the federation and gives jake his life savings to buy a baseball card or some shit as a present for his dad ffs.

Also, Worf isn't that faithfull to Klingon culture. People constantly call him out for hyper focusing on certain parts of it and completely ignoring all the best bits. Klingons are basically space vikings, pillaging and fighting and fucking and drinking. Only in the later seasons of DS9 does Worf start doing fun klingon shit, untill then he's basically a klingon weeaboo. "muh honor" "batleths can cut through steel" "i wear my baldrick all day to prepare for living on khronos!"

That's the outfit she got while on the enterprise. I think?

You clearly didn't watch it very much. There was bickering, infighting, bureaucratic issues, violations of chain of command, corruption at the highest levels, civil wars, terrorism, etc.

The only thing that isn't realistic is how many people violate shittons of rules in what is ostensibly a military, and yet face little or no consequences because they're protected by virtue of being the main character. This goes back to Kirk performing treason, sabotage, theft, willful destruction of military equipment, disobeying direct orders, etc. and just because he "saved the world" they just demote him back to Captain which is what he fucking wanted anyway. One wonders how many millions of people Tom Paris must have killed to actually get a life-sentence in prison.

i think you forget that a handful of people are here from /r/thedonald

Since this thread seems to have lost its direction, I'd just like to say this is one of my favorite TNG episodes. The entire thing was just the right amount of surreal.

Judging people on skin colour is quite retarded. I noticed when I was young that a lot of racist people tend to be poor. There's only one objective standard of judging a man: his bank account. The Ferengi are in the right.

OY

Obviously. Otherwise how would you find a good husband.

Holla Forums is now Holla Forums since you can't discuss television on Holla Forums now.
Same way why /k/ is for vidya