Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5275124
kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mystery_Of_Skeletech_Series
kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/Lore_Books
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/4/
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/4/405692758707783746/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894703352
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

come back and tell me when it's finished.

I've never heard of it before, but I'm going to give the demo a try.

Demo is way outdated, just so you know. Has a different worldmap and everything.

This. Then again, I could've sworn I heard that it's not being updated anymore. Or maybe just rarely?

He's been working on it for a decade now, I don't think he's gonna stop any time soon. We are in the middle of a dry spell, though. Small updates and bugfixes are coming through but nothing major as of yet.

Bumping with hydroponics

Fuck forgot image

it runs like shit
ogre3d a shit

If you get the recruit prisoners mod you can add him to your group. In my bandit playthrough I set it so all the lawful factions hated me, and I brought new blood into the fold through kidnapping. Also, I survived by raiding caravans for food. It was pretty fun.

Can i rebuild civilisation on that game?

Civilization is already kinda rebuilt. The lore is still kinda uncertain but from what we can tell, there was this super advanced civilization that existed thousands of years ago, but it collapsed and a ton of petty feudal kingdoms rose in its place. So its like after after the apocalypse.

But I mean once the war campaign update comes out you will probably be able to try and take over everyone so you could unite the continent and stuff.

what about infraestructure, technology and living standarts?

I think there's kind of a theme to this game.

It varies. You have everything from manual wells to diesel fuel generators to automated ore refineries. Just gotta work your way up the tech tree.

The theme is that the world hates you and everyone is a dick.

it's almost as if the game is set in a time where corruption is rampant

I made a barracks for my dudes and gave an office to the leader.

I'm getting Dwarf Fortress feels.

Why did I never hear of this game?

Wait, why have I never heard of this game?

We're nearing completion. A couple people are working on it now, but even the mods admit they're slow as hell. Games is expected to be finished this year, all that's left for them to implement is the rest of the new map and a few criminal features.

Looking forward to the games completion so I can run my criminal empire.

Because _.
A.) It's early access
2.) It's shit
口.) You spend more time shitposting about video games than actually playing them
✡️.) All of the above
Choose wisely.

Martial arts is fun.

no thanks

This sounds like a really fun game, is there a planned linux version? ;w;

yes

There's also green, purple, black, and blue in other areas of the map. See second pic.

I don't think there's anything officially planned for that, sorry. Maybe after 1.0. Or could you try and run it inside one of virtual machine things?

If you're looking at the Trello page its shaping up like we're gonna get quite a lot more than just a few criminal features.

Like what? Nothing is really catching my eye, it mostly just seems like bug fixes and minor improvements.

You just gotta keep looking.

Daily reminder, remove all degeneracy and corrupt fuckers who are out to kill and cheat you.

What's the game about? single/multi? gameplay?

At the moment I don't have the strength to take on the United Cities without my ass being handed to me and ending up in a slave camp. Buuut I have installed some dummies in my base that let my guys train their stealth KO skill, so I might be able to use that to my advantage. Here's two of them training.

Its a singleplayer RPG where you can control a squad and try to survive in a massive open world. You can just wander around and beat the shit out of people for loot or build a base and try and fend off raiders. Or go around stealing things in towns. Or buy a house in town and start a respectable merchant business.

Basically its Mount and Blade but with around 30 dudes (eventually) than an army. The actual army campaigns are not in quite yet but they are coming soon(tm).

any fantasy elements?

Torrent link? i remember one on a previous thread.

There are fantasy races/animals/locations and it doesn't take place on earth, but no magic.

A layer of magic mechanics always fucks with these kind of games.

Looks like some drunken fight I see outside the hot dog cart every oother weekend.

So your saying that city would see absolutely no trade and would die years before you ever get there?

I've always considered this shit way more annoying than 'what do they eat.'

It's like villains killing henchmen for failure or just because they're angry. Nobody would willingly work for someone like that and would flee the first opportunity. It exists solely for dramatic effect and is annoying as shit.

Oh no there are other caravans in the world and they go to all the cities. The random bag checks are also common and usually even the UC lets you go on without issue, but veery rarely they try to fuck with you. I was just unlucky twice.

People have lived their fucking lives in the span its taken those cucks to make progress, holy fuck.

Yeah but can you make a arcology with a focus on milk industry?

If someone is autistic enough to mod it in, probably.

Ayy, as far as "Early Access Open-World Sandbox Survival" games go, this does look more interesting than most. Call me when it's done, and I'll definitely give it a pirate.

No milk but if you have hydroponics and mod it so wells can be built indoors you can totally make an arcology. I did that here.

The main thing that sold it for me was making it filled with a diverse array of kingdoms and factions instead of empty wilderness.

I personally feel like the topography and biomes are diverse enough to keep things interesting but I understand if you require more varied environments. Its a matter of personal taste so I can't really debate that.

Nigger I've had to put up with over dozen years of brown. Fuck you and your orange m8.

Ok now fuck off and take your orange/yellow/brown/grey defense force bullshit and skip the fuck out of town.

you dont have nothing to do than shitpost on a thread about a game you dont even like?

Are all of the towns unique and interesting, or do they have that early access copy-pasted feel? Also, that shit looks really fucking big. What are the methods of travel?

What are you doing, fam?

Oh look the cuckchanners are back.

It depends. A lot of them use the same assets but each one has a unique location and layout, and each nation does things differently. The Holy Nation, for example, keeps everything behind walls, while the United Cities towns are more like densely packed castles with huts outside, and the hivers live in bug nest looking things, seen here. Also, the people who live int the same use entirely different building materials, as seen in the second pic.

*the people who live in the swamp

Also, here's a comparison between a United Cities town and one from the Holy Nation. They more closely resemble one another than the other factions do but clear architectural differences can still be observed.

Oh shit I forgot to mention, travel can be sped up with a fast forward button.

Those animations are pretty bad. Looks like someone play fighting.

Morrowind meets Mount and Blade?

Throw in some Afro Samurai and get rid of the magic and yeah, pretty much.

Any idea where a martial artist with 50-60 in all relevant combat stats can find a good scrap?

Or should I just go back to getting staggerlocked by iron spiders

Berserker Country, Cannibal Plains, Spider Plains, Arach, Vain.

OP convince me to pirate this game. I hope it have comfy basebuild.

The comfiness of your base depends on where you settle. Various lands have different problems associated with them, from stifling taxes to hordes of bloodthirsty cannibals/bandits to incredibly dangerous predatory wildlife, but there are plenty of areas where you are sure to find a happy medium. The map is pretty large however, so finding these places may take some trial and error. I personally like purchasing a building in a town and turning it into a self-reliant fortress. Also, besides general comfy base building, what sort of features in particular are you looking for? I might be able to help.

Are there any flying enemies that actually fly?

It doesn't.

Jungle or bog/swamp fort/stronghold.

There are birds but no flying entities. Everything you need to worry about is currently on the ground, or (eventually) lurking in the water.

Yes, there is a huge swamp area, as seen here.>>12232075 Living here is a bit rough, so you might have to train a little before you attempt to colonize it. There are some relatively tough animals that move in herds and will eat all your crops, along with mid-level bandit groups. But there's no taxes and the middle of the swamp has a decent-sized town where you can buy whatever you need that you can't mine or grow on your own, so you can make a decent living down there.

Pro-tip: This thread looks like early access shit shilling without a download link. Please add a torrent before I start shitposting this thread until it dies. Make sure the torrent/link is for a recent version.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5275124

Not him but thanks

Just to clarify, I'm not a shill, I just like the game and was hoping I could talk to other people who also share my enthusiasm about the game. The only reason I didn't include a torrent was because I have been out of the piracy loop for a long while and don't know where to go for safe downloads anymore.

Go suck a cock, retard. You’re on Holla Forums. Do you expect a damn one of us to pay for a game?

Its EA - this is ok to pirate such a game. People like buy this game only for faster updates. Latest pirated version is a 0.93.28.

So the 0.95.24 I’m currently downloading from TPB is a fake?

fuck yourself you fucking baby wanting to be spoon fed.

and fuck you for feeding him

Also fuck you too, we have fucking IDs we can tell you aren't 069223 faggot.

Please bully me

Oh, I’m just asking. I wouldn’t know what to trust.

Oh whoops my bad

We don't negotiate with autistic terrorists.

Latest experimental they made a post about is 0.95.22, so it's probably not fake judging by just that.

how cute is your penis, faggot?

As of right now, 0.94.24 is the absolute latest version.

If I can run this on a toaster with an integrated graphics card, I might buy it.

Does the latest version have a gog installer and if so fucking where

That slavtracker link version is outdated by a fair bit.

Kenshi is pretty performance-intensive so I dunno how well it'd run on a toaster, but by all means give it a try.

It looks like it's not very graphically intensive, that's my actual bottleneck, I have a proper 5 year old gaming rig that will run it no problem, but if I can run this with my i5 laptop with 8GB of RAM, they have a sale, specially since they have the GOG version.

I'm somewhat skeptical that this isn't just a bug. Isn't masterwork supposed to be orange or something?

They may have changed the color on you. I think it happened once before as well. Cross-reference it with a typical blackened chain shirt to see if it offers significant extra protection. If it does, then it must be legit.

Well, shit. I guess it's legit. How about that.

I actually never got into weapon crafting, but the fact that you can make masterwork items is giving me even dorfier vibes than before. Also, since I have gotten into modding the game, I've noticed that buildings and furniture have a "desirability" index. Basically the fancier a building is, the more popular it will be, from what I can tell. Its apparently important for shops and bars. While I guess it hasn't been implemented yet, it reminds me of DF's furniture value system, so I'm interested to see how it will be used.

Given how the system works, there's probably another level after masterwork that you'll only be able to get as a critical success proc at or near 100 armour smith. Wouldn't know for sure, though, since there's not much discussion about the game and I'm not a filthy cheater.

The game is very CPU intensive and not that long ago suffered badly from memory management (spikes of ram usage). Of course, that was right after the big update (map change and more), so it is likely better now.

Well, suck it up and look for it.

Vidya Akbar, I will crash this thread with no collateral damage

Of course not, but letting this shit run wild normalizes actual shilling threads. Shills are real, the best way to keep them away is creating demanding to share the game they are promoting for free. The whole "muh spoon feeding" is useless.
I don't even intend to download the game, already played it not that long ago (pretty great game) and I have other shit to play right now.

Someone actually just posted one, so I'll be sure to put it up there if I ever make another one of these threads.

I guess you learn your lesson, good.
I will see if I can find a more updated one.

I forgot $20,000 worth of robot parts in my backpack after dropping it to fight and forgetting to pick it back up afterwards.

I also know the pain of losing valuable scavenging materials. Pic related.

In my current playthrough I got tired of it so I downloaded mods that added a ton more caravans to the world and started plundering the fuck out of them. Feels good to be a bandit.

Better variety than in No Mans Sky atleast

I actually don't think there's any procedural generation in Kenshi. All 540 square miles of it are built manually, so they are allowed more variety compared to a grey goo situation of the same assets being shuffled around to create the illusion of endless content.

Here is a magnet.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:de94b9f6ef1576250720a9508ec89a68cb884cdd&dn=Kenshi+v0.95.24&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969
Remember, never buy early access.

thank you CIA, you are my greatest ally

I had zero opinion coming into this thread, and my opinion is "it's shit, I wouldn't pirate it let alone buy it".

It happens. Sorry to hear that.

ME NO LIKE-LIKE THING U DUMB-DUMB

fuck off

I wasn't so sure about this game being so good until I recruited a female character and realized there are at least two sliders that change the size and shape of the character's breasts.

Yeah you can actually make some ok waifus in this game. Well, for a game with this level of graphics anyway.

Somewhere along the line I became able to solo Holy Nation patrols.
It feels good.

what the fuck am I supposed to do at the start?

Get some cheap 100 cat friends in a bar or just try to find things that'll kick your ass without killing (and preferably without robbing) you.

I like to start by luring gorillos and beak things to the hivers in Vain and joining in with the soldier drones as they defend their town.

You should do the normal hard grindy playthrough at least once but after that you should try and get into modding custom starts for more varied scenarios.

The only people I found to join me cost 3k or more, been to a lot of different towns looking

Ah, maybe I was thinking of an older version. I swore you get get shitty guys with 1 in every stat for 100 cats. Maybe 1000.

3k is the lowest it goes, yeah. Just find some bandits like dust bandits in the borderlands, for example, and have them chase you to the gate of a town. Wait for the guards to beat them up, loot the bandits, and sell it for loads of dosh. Use it to recruit people to kite more bandits to get more money, until eventually you either start actually fighting back and levelling up or buy a bunch of building supplies to make a town, where you can train your dudes with training dummies until they are shit tier but still useable fighters.

You can also use the training dummies in police stations and maybe barracks for free. There are a few Mk. III dummies around that'll get to or near 15 attack skill if you don't mind waiting.

Any way to avoid this shit?

Find a biome with no river raptors. I think the constant attacks on your crops in the latest version is a bug.

That's orientals for you, every action is an excuse to jew you blind.

but free meat….

Oh well I'm assuming he's not strong enough to fight them off yet. If you can then they're just another source of food and leather.

How long before this game becomes feature-complete?
Never?

Its actually planned to hit 1.0 this year, but realistically it will be somewhere in 2018.

Are the United Cities in the current build? I can only find Holy Nation towns and some other random places.

Ranged weapons fucking when?

United Cities is south of Shark. You can see their territory in the map here.
Clownsteady and Drifter's Last.

It's like some atrocious bastard child of 7.62 High Calibre and The Guild. Is this what love at first sight is like?

Yes, or in the case of , hate at first sight. Seems to be a trend with Kenshi.

Seems to be a trend with Holla Forums niche games, you mean.

Any recommended mods btw?

You have to go back.

Somebody actually liked Pillars of Boredom?

Fuck off, Josh

RIVER RAPTORS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just kill them lol

no thanks

I'm a fan of the Recruit Prisoners mod. Does right what it says on the tin. Lets you recruit bandits you put in your prisoner cages. Really useful when you're doing a bandit playthrough, since once you have a high bounty you can't really recruit in cities, and most bandits start out decently statted.

There's a cheaty way to kill them actually.

Just make sure one of your guys has the necessary materials to rebuild the ramp when you're done.

Is the power system properly in the game? I read a thing from 2016 about batteries not being implemented

Batteries are now in the game, yeah. I use them all the time, actually.

What fuel do I need for a Fuel Generator? I think my base is too low down for wind power

Research biofuel and chuck wheat and hemp into the processor.

can't grow anything because the river faggots just eat it, Is there somewhere else i can farm? I've looked around a fair bit but everywhere seems unfarmable

Different crops grow in different areas. Wheat can be grown in more arid places, along with hemp. Riceweed can be grown in the swamp. Cactus can also be grown in the desert for huge harvests. Greenfruit is ideally grown in fertile zones.

Also if your tech level gets high enough you can research hydroponics and grow stuff anywhere you can construct a building.

Oh but you'd have to place your well on the ground. The reason my well is on the building in that shot is because I modded it to be used as an interior item.

It's a Dauphong upload, those are trustworthy. They might have just gotten the version number wrong, easy typo.

Your Holla Forums level is high enough to mod the game

Nigga, the lore in this game is pretty solid it just has some real shitty writers.
The dev who made the game has some good ideas for plot but no actual writing ability, the fucking writer he hired is a goddamn hack as well.

That's the gist of what I understand so far.

Haha whoops had to delete my post because I goofed spoilering

Modding the game is actually super intuitive and easy. Like any one of you here could get the gist of most of it in like an hour. Its super fun to play around with and I recommend trying it out.

Oh I totally agree with you. I'm just saying the lore is vague because there is a lot of contradicting evidence and stuff, although some of it may be lies. What you said is also just one interpretation of it. Another equally credible (for now) theory is

Iyo: Look, you don't need to worry… no one will ever know the truth. As long as I am Finch's second in command, I will see to that myself. Let's not waste eachother's time with this act any more.

Shit's fucking crazy.

And yes, the writing and dialogue itself is utter ass.

I would imagine they skeleton says that not because of lying about the past but because he lived it and simply doesn't record what he knows.
There's definitely alien involvement though, several unused assets, impact creators which could be why ore is spread fucking everywhere.

You have to be right about the Skeles industrialization, it makes sense as know the lore states Skeles don't form nation states or make equipment other then their own use.
Maybe the Skeletons were allowed to do their own thing separated from humans and something like the Matrix happened where Humans couldn't compete leading to a war where robits took all the raw resources they could.

They were deff either betrayed and buried in the ground or killed themselves.
Maybe sheks are a production of Robits when they tried to fix their mistakes to make a more adaptable race.

Whatever it is, it has
Which is fucking great world building for a game where you grow crops then get beat up by a bandit with a bucket on his head using a metal bar.

Well we don't know if the impact craters and assets are alien tech, the First Empire could have been just that advanced. Also, it was only the large robots that we know for sure were ordered to kill themselves. The other Skeletons may have done it willingly. Which raises more questions.

Where are the small skeles that killed themselves, are they on the new map section I haven't explored it much.

Maybe I just want to believe :^)
But, I think something otherwordly happened that no current races predicted.
You got that area next to the Spider guy that looks like it was being processed and formed, into straight pillars for whatever reason.

This lore book talks about the suicides

kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mystery_Of_Skeletech_Series

here are all the lore books in Kenshi.

kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/Lore_Books

Ah domo origato

Also you've probably seen this but the big evil robot god is named Narko, which is just Okran backwards.
So I'm pretty sure Okran was a skele probably a giant one who wanted to save humans and keep them from repeating the same mistakes as the ancients.

Another interesting thing to note is that most cultures worship Okran and Narko as two sides of the same aspect. Like ying and yang. Only the Holy Nation portrays Okran as the primary creator god and Narko as a demon.

What's a good place to build an actual settlement? I've got one near Flotsam but there's no room for walls.

The Floodlands.
Come on, don't be a bitch.

You need hydroponics if you're gonna go in there. Farming is impossible otherwise.

I got a nice little place near Flotsam, only big problem I had was a cannibal army, lucky the ninjas as the cannibal hunters like me so we managed to take them out.

I think your ability to maintain your disguise is dependent on your stealth and who you are. Like, if you're a greenlander you'll have a much better chance of passing yourself off as a Paladin.

Reading through some more lore books.
It looks like the original Holy Nation religion was one of a God that was divided after sacrificing for man into Okran and Narko.

Most likely Phoenix is subverting the teachings, and is probably either a robot or something else as he seems to not age.

There are multiple Holy Pheonixes. He is believed to reincarnate every time he dies, like the Dalai Lama. Also, the majority of religious people in Kenshi worship Okran and Narko like this guy said . The Holy Nation differs from the majority by saying that Okran was the prime creator god who sealed Narko away, but not before she unleashed her demons (Skeletons) upon the world.

I was browsing the steam forums to see if the devs released any new info there and I found a treasure trove of quality autism.
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/4/

steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/4/405692758707783746/
^this one is especially good.

I am a greenlander, but a bit before this happened, I had a paladin leader shittalking me for not being a niglander and thus clearly not being a devotee of Okran. I ended up groveling and proclaiming my faith to placate him.

It also doesn't say that I'm disguised as anything - the disguise field is blank.

If you stole the armor, it should register as a disguise, so if you aren't disguised it might be a bug. Alternately, check to see if you somehow have favorable reputation with the Holy Nation.

Anons help where the fuck can I sell all of these specialist/masterwork leather shirts and blackened chainmails. I have so fucking many from trying to get to 100 armor smith.
I for some reason thought that Armor King might have more cats on him, but no, he only has 25,000 like everyone else.
Should I just save up 20 full masterwork uniforms for when I inevitably quit playing as a loner?

Yes, you will need all that shit.
I've made so many things then forgotten I've sold them.
Its a pain to start up armor and weapon production if you've stopped it.

Also Masterwork like DF is chance based so keep going to you have them all masterwork.
I'm not sure since its been a minute since I played but their may be one past that.

Sell to a ton of different cities maybe? Also, you can sell anything to any store if I recall, so you can easily get rid of stuff by selling things to every store in town. If I'm wrong, your best bet is to travel to other cities and sell there.

This feels like some single-player mmo that's fun

Yeah it can be fun. Also protip, the Holy Nation doesn't like anyone who isn't a Greenlander male, and will kill all if you if there's a Skeleton in your party. If you are playing as a Scorchlander, Shek, Hiver, or woman, you need a Greenlander male in your party to pretend to be your master so you can move around safely.

I've never had any problems with them playing as a scorchlander.

Weird, I've seen it happen. Being a Scorchlander might actually have something to do with it though. From what I can tell from their holy books, non-humans tend to be persecuted more the farther distanced from humanity they are, going like this. Scorchlanders>Shek>Hivers>Skeletons. So maybe this translates to gameplay and Scorchlanders have the lowest chance of being persecuted. Do you play a male by any chance?

Mhm. I mean, I've gotten the whole "you don't look like a servant of okran!" interrogation from paladins, but I think that's more of a foreigner thing than a racial thing.

Well I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong and Scorchlanders actually aren't bothered that much. I've been spending most of my time in United Cities territory so I've kind of forgotten how the HN works.

How do you get building materials?

Mine stone and put it into a stone processor, or buy it from engineering shops.

So base building.
What's important for base building?
I read the wiki and it seems that good base placement depends on the following:
Air for power generation
Fertility for farming
Near water sources for wells and farming as well

What else?

That's about it really. Only other thing is that random events may pop up depending on where you settle, like soldiers from a nearby country asking for taxes or bandits raiding you.

How do you craft books?

You cannot craft books. You gotta buy or loot them from places.

Settle in cannibal country.

So I've been playing since yesterday, after learning the ropes I built up a decent squad and founded a town.
Just recent got my guys strong enough to defend a Holy Nation patrol that declared my settlement full of heretics or something and now I have like 4 paladins imprisoned.

I've seen talk about slavers in the game who will buy people and I want to try selling these paladins after using some for combat training, where would they be located around on the map?

The only place I know if at the moment that accepts slaves is a slave market far in the south, in United Cities territory. The Holy Nation actually does not condone slavery, in the traditional sense anyway. I mean, they have a massive slave mine in the hills up north, but its talked up as a place where you leave your sins behind through hard labor or something so it doesn't count.

Do you remember where the slave market is? I've adventured in the south into the swamps a bit and didn't see any there.

Check the map here

Should be in the southeast corner of the playable area.

Man, this is a really nice game.
I only hope that ranged weapons, mounts, sieges and alliances makes it through and it gets released soon.

Starting to have the same amount of fun I've had with Mount & Blade. Setting is even unique with Morrowind feels

Very likely to happen, but only after 1.0
Unlikely to happen but if it does, it will be after 1.0 probably
This is definitely planned
This is also planned

Does anyone have any experience with Blender? I'm working on a race mod for Kenshi and while I've got faction stuff, dialogue trees, and NPCs all set up or in the process of being done, I don't really have any skills in modeling, which is an issue because the idea I have in mind requires some skill in Blender. I did try to download it myself and try and learn how to use it but for some reason I got crazy input lag when I opened it. Like it'd take several seconds for the program to realize I was hovering a mouse over something, much less clicking on it. If someone knows how to fix that, then that'd also be helpful and I could try to learn how to solve the problem myself maybe.

But anyway, here's the rundown on the mod I've been making. Its a subclass of Skeletons that are built in either the First or Second empire, and imitate the form of humans. The story behind them is that they were personal servants (more aesthetic than Skeletons but less skilled at technology and manual labor, but better at cooking and medical stuff (and being sneaky)) built by the lore's ancient civilization, and have since remained after it collapsed. Because they were supposed to appeal to as wide a demographic of buyers as possible, I figured it would make the most sense for them to have an androgynous/sexless look to them, since it wouldn't have any overt sexual or threatening characteristics that way.

The pic I have attached is a quick diagram I whipped up in MS paint to illustrate what needs doing.
Basically figure 1 is the default male head. figure 2 is the default female head. Figure 3 is the custom male body I designed. I need someone to make a model that puts the female head on the male body. There is no need to edit the male body's shape, I can handle that. I just need the custom female head/male body mesh to be done, and then I can have it use my custom male body parameters to give it an appropriate shape.

And just to dispell the notion that I am relying on other people to make my mod for me, here is the mod as it is now, which lists the features I have already completed and features that I intend to implement.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894703352

I can do that but that looks gay as fuck.

I'm aware it has gay undertones but I'm too far in to back now. I actually had two other new race ideas but those were waaaayy to complicated to implement without a dedicated artist and this one just needs a little edit, so I decided to go all in on this one.

*to back out

If you want wierd fetish work you need yo pay like the rest.

Its not meant to be fetish work, I just thought the look was thematically appropriate. Like, imagine Skeletons (the vanilla game's machine race) as representing a typical hunting dog, built for labor and more or less independent, compared my own machine race as a purebred showdog, created only for looks and following its master about. Now imagine that the showdog's master suddenly vanishes, and the people it knew and the civilized lifestyle it was accustomed to no longer exists. It would have difficulty adjusting to such a world and would no doubt experience significant amounts of stress and perhaps despair, and I thought it would be interesting to have a means to play the human (or machine, in this case) equivalent. While some may find sexual undertones in the idea, as people are wont to do, I personally could care less about that sort of thing.

I was just making a joke about the fetish commission thing.

Oh sorry, I must seem pretty silly for going off on a tangent.

Ok so that was a long weekend. I might as well post a progress report on the mod I'm making. Here are the current features for it.

Pic related, its a shot of a Ranger squad under a camp tent.

o…okay

new update out
still waiting for at least unlocking of whole map :(

Is this a bug or is the creator just some faggot liberal who doesn’t like it when people die?

Basically the chance of someone dying from their wounds is pretty small by default, but you can increase the chances of people dying after being KO'd in the Advanced Options menu when you are selecting a new start or importing a save.

Put the global damage modifier up.

Oh, can you edit those variables after you’ve already made a save?

Import your game to the newest experimental version and do it then.

You can import saves, which lets you keep your squad, research, and buildings but resets the world and lets you change stuff in advanced options.

There is no better sight than a dead pack of river raptors at the gate. Those cunts ate my crops at least fifty times before I got enough tech and material to build proper fortifications to snipe them from, and before I trained my dudes at using turrets

Maybe in america

People said there would be interesting factions but all i can see is just bandits and ruined villages, there are no trades, only barkeepers

Where did you spawn? Check the second picture in this post to get a cheat sheet of all the locations as of the most recent update.

Whoops. was meant for you.

i started at the hub, it took me a while to meet something more developed but i had to quit playing because one of my guys on my squad wont move when ordered, just stands there idling.

Saving and reloading usually fixes that. If it doesn't, press ctrl+shift+f11 to rebuild navmesh, then save and reload.

also, pressing R which "cancel current action" have slight chances to help too, picking up and hauling those for some, relatively short, distance have somewhat higher chances to help too. Especially if closing gates caused that "stuck on a plain field" shit.

f5 and f9
I am one of the original 100 backers of the game.

Its buggy as shit, frustrating, get familiar with ctrl-f12 and f11.
The game is a diamond way in the fucking rough, and the devs are committed but border on incompetent.

Is there a key to temporarily suspend all jobs so I don't have people trying to run outside to mine when they're supposed to stay indoors and away from the dust bandits?

Nope. You gotta disable all the jobs manually.

I was out adventuring and wandered into the foglands, then got fucked up by a gang of fogmen. I was unconscious for a few hours before some fogman just came along and picked me up. Then I got eaten alive

Yeah the foglands are a really shitty place to be, but if you can get past them to the crater looking thing in the north you discover one of the coolest areas in the game.

that image is from the first time the army fought the zombies outside of new york in the world war z book, right? I remember it being night time, though.

Has anyone else made any mods for this game? I think I've written 200+ lines of dialogue for mine by now, in addition to all the other features.

I would, but I'm too lazy and uncreative.

You'd be surprised. Like says, the devs aren't exactly the best. But, the modding tools are some of the most intuitive and easy to use tools I've ever seen. I'm making a mod that has new factions, races, dialogue, events, ect without ever touching a tutorial on how to do all that.

Your mod is still shit.
I still like it, though.

Oh thanks. I'm gonna keep working at it. I actually got a guy who can use Blender so I might be able to get the race looking like how I actually want it to.

now make loverslab mod for kenshi

I can't animate for shit, but its occurred to me that someone good at writing lewd stuff could make a Corruption of Champions type deal with written out sex scenes with multiple paths to choose. That's be beyond my abilities but I'm sure someone would be up to it.

Lost my original save after dead harddrive, got a new squad up consisting of a scorchlander, greenlander and two sheks.
Currently training them right now against massive hordes of fogmen.

Looking for two more to round out the squad, trying to find a skeleton and hive prince but no luck yet.
Was thinking about recruiting fogmen but from what I've heard the game crashes if you use em on a plastic surgeon, any mods that fix it?

is mass combat implemented yet? i'm tired of no matter how good my skills are, the bandits/cannibals always outnumber your party and mug the shit out you.

or the dogs, god that goddamn dogs, fuck all of them.

I see a disabled stat for it, so I assume not. But I've been faring rather well against shit-tier bandits even when outnumbered 10 to 1. Apparently, you can block sseveral attacks at once, and deal damage to several enemies at once, so it's not impossible to win if you have good enough stats and gear

How strong and how many people should I have before I start exploring the ruins? I'm starting to need ancient science books and engineering research now.
Are some places easier to loot than others?

Any idea where are the game starts are located in there? I want to see if I can tweak the Cannibal Hunters start.

Never mind, found it.

It varies widely, yes. Sometimes, you can use stealth to sneak in and out as well, so there's that option. I recommend 20s-30s at least though, in case you run into something unexpected.

I just finished my first dude. I left three guys back at base, making foodcubes (everything automated except the occassional river raptor attack) and went with the main guy, who had 20 in each relevant combat stat. I killed some blood spiders with him, but had to cheese. Anything under 20's is paper shit that can at most hope to kill a weak enemy in a 1v1 fight, but 90% of fights are you getting mobbed. As for gear, I ran full high grade leather armor and a good nodachi

Raid a forgotten armory the first chance you get. Having an edge 3 weapon on a low stat character makes the early combat game (especially solo) far easier.

What type of bandit? Also, weapon and armor types and resistances actually matter in this game.
Hungry bandits are pretty easy once you have a party of at least 3 with combat related skills over 15.
Since they have cloth easily get torn up by blade damage weapons, anything unarmored really will get shredded by blades including most animals.
Some light and medium armors have better resistance against their blunt weapons than heavy.

Dust bandits on the other hand are a bit annoying for newer characters since they have medium armor on their legs, heavy on their head and feet but just a small light armor chest with no arm protection.
By the time you start fighting dust bandits, its important to train a more balanced squad with their weapons and armor.

My squad has a light armor katana, two medium armor with a sabre, the other a cleaver and the heavy armor has a fragmented axe with taunt set on.
So far they can take almost anything thrown at them short of a horde of high paladins, easily walk into massive dust bandit camps and take them out with minor injuries.

You should also keep an eye out on specific weapon patterns, some have bonuses for different enemies like spiders, dogs, robots and humans. While others might boost or penalize your combat stats or do various bleeding damage.

see

Who's ready for some immersive bullying? Very mild spoilers inside.

You think that's bad?
Accidentally wandered into the shrieking forest.

Holy shit, for some reason my game is spawning massive groups of these shrieking retards. Each fight I'm outnumbered 4 to 1.
They're all naked, around mid 20s combat stats and only armed with rusted flesh cleavers but I can't walk 100 yards without encountering huge numbers every time. My guys are getting worn down just trying to leave.

Aw crap, meant 10 to 1 with only 4 guys in my squad right now.

Pay attention to their autistic screeching. Sometimes they will open a dialogue with you. When that happens, you gotta respond with the right screeching and they will leave you alone.

I didn't realise they included SJWs into the game

Those are the Flotsam Ninjas.

Fair point. The letter in the Lonesome Shack read like straight outta Tumblr. It was so bad I'm wondering whether it was intentional.

The developers of Kenshi are a lot of things, but good writers ain't one of them.

The first one opened a dialogue then attacked me for giving the wrong answer I guess. All my other encounters were them just running up screeching, already in combat mode.
I had one follow me around silent for awhile, when I stopped moving she started shrieking and that attracted a massive horde behind a hill.

Took awhile but finally made it back to Mongrel, at least that area was great toughness training.
This fucking game man.

really lots of small nice touches by dev

Kenshi hates your guts.

There are a lot of small touches like that all over the place. But on another note, I like how the game works in that if all your starting characters die, their legacy can survive in the form of the people they recruited. So you can go through an entire "generation" of people in that way.

If anyone has Blender, could they please test something for me? Could they import the body mesh files in Kenshi, located in Kenshi\data\character\meshes\human and then export it back to Kenshi and check if there are any issues with it? Like for example, the file being compressed and a much lower file size? A friend of mine is using Blender to try and create the custom body I described in this post and while it worked inside Blender he is having difficulties taking it out of Blender and having it work in the game proper. If this file compression problem happens to other people, then we will know for certain that it is an issue with Blender and Kenshi's import tool not working well together.

I should also mention, while that friend can use blender I personally am artistically illiterate, so sorry if I didn't explain the problem very well.

My guys have athletics arround level 50 from running away of bandits, now i can outrun everything, i am the fucking road runner, any recommended place to trade or loot?

I always just run between hiver settlements whenever I need to buy or sell things.
There are a bunch of ruins in the coastal areas in the northwest and southwest.

Picked this up after reading the thread before the site was nuked.

Pretty comfy game, so far.

Although, I'm having a problem with Holy Nation faggots somehow teleporting into my walls and then bashing my gate from the inside. This causes my men on the wall to shoot at that one HN guy with the crossbows. He dies but then the rest of the regiment hits the gate from the outside which turns into a chain reaction that ends up having 4 different HN patrols bashing on my gates all at once. How do I fix something like that? More walls?

Did you build your walls/gate on any steep hills? Had a similar experience in an earlier game.
My problem was that the walls weren't seated far enough into the ground on the hills and humanoids attacking my outpost would fucking clip inside once in a great while.
You could also try moving the gate or even redoing that whole side of the wall.

There's a small hill where the road cuts into the prairie. I'll try moving it all the way into the field.

Pathetic, you are like little baby

If you don't want to move your whole outpost right away, could try rebuilding the walls lower into the ground using the height keys.
I think the default binding is + and -

Use Ctrl-F12 and use the fix mesh and nav tools
It will fix enemies walking through walls.

I bought it on Desura. I'm sure that will still be a thing now that I want to play this game.

oh wait, "4. What is going to happen to my Desura account?
We are working hard to try to get your old Desura account back alive, but will let you know if we fail to do so."

Both seemed to have fixed the issue, thanks. Now I can continue my genocide in peace.

just run through then, loot the place, then run back out before they can catch up

To stop people from bashing down your gate, just don't lock it. Wildlife can't open it anyway.

Decided to start a new game since I was tired of having to deal with the logistics of running 2 outposts just so I could be self-sufficient. Decided to settle on a plateau on the Hidden Forest / Cannibal Plains border. What am I in for?

this give me the dessert punk vibe but with no guns is there any guide to this?

Does that work for Holy Nation attacks? I've been trying to convert one of their paladins for days now but calling him a faggot doesn't work too well. He just keeps calling in backup

No, but it's pretty easy to figure out how things go, there's some info on the wiki and some here in this thread.

Kind of answered your own question.
Get your tech up and skills up and move south to the great swamp or east to eat along the river.
Both great building areas with everything you need to be self-sufficient.
There are spots on the great swamp near the western desert near hub where you can get BOTH types of farming, swamp and arid.

how finished is this game? I mean rimworld is inn early access but when I played it I didn't come across any bugs nor did I feel like there is stuff missing, is this similar?

Are you using the Recruit Prisoners mod? If not he won't do anything but yell at you.

Yeah, I've got the mod on. I was hoping it would add a bit more depth but all it's doing so far is rolling my outpost

If that's the case, then you're just unlucky. Paladins have a really low chance of joining you. A better option would be to go after Holy Farmers or Hungry Bandits for a higher chance of getting them to join you. Even if they are weaker, you can easy convert a squad of them in the time it would take to get one Paladin.

There is plenty of incomplete areas/features and other things but the game is playable and fun right now.

Well my mod is basically stalled now since all the content I can put on the current map is put in there and I'm waiting on my 3d modeling friend to finish the mesh thing so I've decided to actually play my mod. I'm having fun.

So I'm starting off with the OP start mod because I've done the build up a 100 times before.
Going to go to the cannibal lands and start a base, slowly killing and capturing and coverting cannibals that attack me.
Then I will spread and subjugate the cannibals to form a new empire.

I'll post screenshots as it goes along.

How's the learning curve on this game? Is it the same as Mountain Blade?

I'd say the curve is pretty shallow, everything hinges on the stats and equipment of your characters and failure isn't punished too severely unless you get eaten since it's the primary method of progression.

Encountering a really annoying crash right now.
Trying to approach a waystation from the east and it always crashes, its the one between Clownsteady and Drifters Last. Still persisting even after importing.

Are you on the most recent experimental update? I think that one might have fixed that particular crash.

Nigga put bandits loot the player and death chance above 1.00.

The mechanics are relatively simple, execution is difficult, there are animals, humans and factions that all want to eat and kill you and some just want to put you into slavery.
It's very possible to have a unit captured into slavery and have to break him out or escape.

Used the torrent link in this thread, so no. And no one has uploaded the latest experimental yet.

Ah well then you may just have to wait.

I don't know what to do in this game but base build and I haven't left my very comfy base dead in the center of the three holy farms of Okran's Pride much, or outside of the holy nation at all.

The world is scary what do. Pls no bully

There's no "end goal" really. If you like having a comfy base then just keep staying there and having fun. I should warn you though, as the game develops the Holy Nation is going to become much more aware of what is going inside its borders.

When I eat meals, I like to finish every part of the meal at the same time. Say I'm eating a salad with some steak and a glass of AJ, then I want to finish the salad, the steak, and the AJ at the same time.

How this transfers to games is that since I was solely focused on base building, I could ignore the world writ large. Now that I NEED to explore to get an AI core, I want to explore all of it, while base building at the same time. Which stretches me too far, and will probably make the game unenjoyable.

Well if you actually want to try and get one, I can help with that. Basically, AI cores are super rare materials that spawn in labs found in ruins of the first and second empires. If you find yourself in a biome with a lab, looting it will eventually lead you to a core, along with many other rare technologies. You can find good places for looting if you can make it north past the foglands, where you have to deal with hordes of maneating cannibals. If they or starvation don't kill you, you might get lucky.

Alright I'm switching up my playstyle. Now that I've made my base, that's going to be my home town for the remainder of the game, and I'm leaving those characters there.

Now I'm gonna focus on building my main, small squad out. The main appeal to this game for me are the base building aspects and the whole wandering samurai aspect anyway. I'll probably get the bard, Hobbs, that 9,000 dollar unique paladin guy who talks about finding the chosen one, my medic, my main guy, and my first bone dog. How should I go about training these guys efficiently? Using prisoners is way too grindy for me.

Go around and beat the shit out of vagrants. Don't worry if you get KO'd, because that raises toughness and only makes you harder to take out the next time. Just keep and eye on your dudes because there is a very rare chance that if they get beat up hard enough, they'll actually start dying, and you'll need a medic to stabilize them.

Don't Vagrants and bandits (I'm assuming you mean them too) steal your shit after they beat you up? I don't want to lose all my goods to a bunch of shitty vagrants.

Bandits looting the player is a thing you can toggle. Also, hungry bandits will only loot your food so you won't lose any armor or other rare items.

That'll make it much easier, thanks fam will post pictoral updates later

There's that torrent for the 95.26 floating around somewhere. Google will point you to it

How are you finding the game so far?
In terms of base building?
fun?

Soon

So, that bit about the robot maid waifus following/attacking people that look like their old masters.
Is that actually in, or just fluff?
Is it just a free party member?

make like Edgardo and A Guy Called Squid and have your people practice beating each other up

You disgust me. Would not download/10

Whelp, may as well install this game again. I lost everything after some Russian hackers fucked my laptop up and demanded ransomware, just formatted everything.

Could have been the CIA typing in Cyrillic, you never know with these jew fucks.

It will be in there as soon as I figure how how to make NPCs initiate conversations with the player.

Also it will pretty much be a free party member buuut the spawn will probably have like a 1% chance of appearing.

Does the game have sound yet?

Yep

cool, last time I tried playing it years ago, early access or something, it did not have sound
thread sounds cool as fuck too

I have like 300 hours in it by now.

On another note, I just found out that starving is a crime in United Cities territory. Well, poverty in general is. I knew it was planned for the police to beat the shit out of hobos but I didn't know it was already implemented. So that's neat.

So, I saw a thing in the FCS about the upcoming world states feature.
It was for whether Lord Phoenix was alive and not imprisoned.
This has the potential to be super fucking neat, can't wait for the promised blog post.

Oh I forgot to mention; I'm not sure if you caught this while reading the description, but if you KO a Griever and place it in one of your cages, you can try to recruit them.

0.95.27 just recently got uploaded.
For all the others who don't buy early access
Here:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ABAB9CE4E8F0A43279550826C946A41C0AA0696C&dn=Kenshi.v0.95.27.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2800%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2780%2fannounce

so what is new?

Seems to mostly be foundations for stuff that hasn't been added to gameplay yet, along with bugfixes.

Oh, we must have hit bump limit or something. Well that's cool, I didn't know this many people were interested in Kenshi. I'll probably remake the thread when this one dies.

Earlier magnet in thread was 0.95.24 and there have been a decent amount of bugfixes since then.

I think the general rule is that you can make a new thread on the same subject when it hits page 13.

All right, good to know.

I'm actually in cannibal country right now also exploring for a new outpost.
Holy Nation started sperging out when they came by my original outpost and saw my home skeletons. Decided it would be better to move than to deal with their shit.

Earlier I accidentally walked right into a massive battle of autistic screeching bandits and cannibals. My light armor ninja took an unlucky blow to the head in the melee and they immediately ran off with him to one of the villages and just finished rescuing him.

Now I'm heading to their capital for some bounty hunting revenge.

You can steal AI cores from World's End in the Science HQ, got two there recently. Post-ancient workshops might have some too if you're lucky.

New thread when?