How many people here are actually excited for the Switch?

How many people here are actually excited for the Switch?
I don't mean retards who bought it at launch, but who here is waiting patiently for the Nintendo to fix all the hardware problems, and is excited for all the positives that will come from it?
The weaknesses are pretty bad (paid online multiplayer, outrageous controller prices, etc), but those strengths:
* People who want a console version of their favorite handheld game and people who want a handheld version of their favorite console game will be appeased. Every Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and all third parties will all be handheld and console games.
* Increased focus on local multiplayer by necessity, as well as trying to get the people who won't pay for online but still want multiplayer.
* With the portability of the console, maybe LAN games on console will finally be worth investing into (anybody else remember what a fucking pain in the ass LAN play on consoles was from gen 6 on, for the maybe 5 or 6 games on each system that supported it?). I hope to see 8-player LAN Mario Kart before the system's run is finished.
* With the system being mandatory to play in either a handheld mode (of some sort) or console mode, we don't have to worry about gimmicky shit like the Wii U pad (which was a good idea that was utilized properly in like 2% of games on the system).

I, for one, look forward to buying a switch in 6 to 8 months. If there is good local multiplayer, I won't mind paid online multiplayer, since I'm never paying for paid online anyway. There've got to be other anons who aren't stupid enough to buy at launch who are nonetheless excited for what it could become.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bdUXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just hope it actually has games.
The eighth gen was a massive drought of nogaemz

I just want games that run well. Once all the issues are fixed obviously.

My favorite games are Japanese and generally come out on handhelds, so I think it's cool. I hope it kills off the 3DS, because I'm tired of playing games on its shitty screen and crappy ergonomics.

Agreed. I was one of the fucking retards who bought a Wii U on launch, and holy shit, it is garbage waiting 6 months between every really good game. It's got a good lineup now, but 15 to 20 good games in the entire lifespan of a system is pretty pathetic.
If the switch gets good games, I'll be happy enough.

Too fucking bad every console producer uses a closed-garden model. I'd like just one major console that allows game developers to develop a game on their free time, and release it to other faggots online for free without having to pay royalties or get some shitty approval. Android gaming is shit, but at least you can just upload a game on the internet for other people to download and play. I want one console that lets that happen.

Might be the first console I've bought in a while if Odyssey turns out to be good.

They need a New Nintendo Switch released with fixes before anything else.

Facts suck huh?

Man, CrowbCat has really grown a lot since his old Holla Forums shitposting days, hasn't he?
I wish he didn't delete all his old videos.

I was optimistic. But after playing botw for the wii u, i have no hope for the switch.

They're already fixing the hardware issues at the factory level. This same shit happens with every launch, which is why it's retarded to buy a game console at launch. The Wii shipped with faulty optical drives, the 360 and PS3 had hardware failures at launch, every system ships with some degree of failure.
Posting a video of launchtime failures doesn't say much of anything. Perhaps some criticism of the paradigm of the system is warranted, but temporary hardware issues that are being fixed for free by Nintendo (as they should; they're hardware fuckups) and corrected in manufacturing so they won't even be an issue with consoles bought after the next few months don't show anything about the system in the long run.

I appreciate what you're doing, but it's not really on topic. I, for one, would really like to see some hardware failure statistics to compare it to other launches. A bunch of disparate videos from people when everybody in the country has a camera and can post videos on the internet doesn't really help when we don't know whether the problem is hitting 50 people or 50 thousand, and at least a million consoles have already been purchased.

Only interested in one for Odyssey tbh

Why? It's an open world sandbox game. That went real well for the new Zelda game. Nintendo had some charm remaining for the Wii U and that's why I bought it. Now for the Switch it seems Nintendo is doubling down on mainstream cancer. I'll consider buying a Switch if/when it gets cracked.

Except that any purchases are made at launch and it basic knowledge that you don't sell defective products at any time ever. You can't just knock it off as not a big deal or it will keep happening. Basically the video is just pointing out lazy Nintendo has gotten. No longer are the days of Nintendium. You used to be able to smash your controller on the floor in a fit of autistic rage. Now just putting your controller away has a chance to brick your device.

that looks like a gta 4 mod

This tbh

I'm exited for the Switch to start getting games. I really love the Vita and Vita TV due to the ability to swap between them based on if I wanted it on a TV or on a portable. The Switch's ability to do just that without Sony's bullshit memory cards and other crap seems pretty nice.

I will definitely avoid ever buying digital again, especially on Nintendo. Wii U, Wii, and 3DS virtual console games don't seem to transfer over to Switch. In addition, if you wanted a virtual console game on both Wii U and 3DS you had to buy it twice. I've learned my lesson when it comes to digital games and will only buy physical. If a company doesn't feel a game is worth a physical release then the game isn't worth buying. I still need to find out if Switch games can be patched without making a eshop account.

the NES was notoriously poorly engineered and has a power supply that will degrade over time requiring replacement
the SNES has incredibly brittle plastic and the rear panel has a fragile power-in
the n64's controller ports are frequently damaged and the controllers will face permanent damage just from standard use

the only decently nintendo engineered systems are the gamecube, wii, wii u, game boy and GBA. nintendium is a lie.

That's not possible. If you ship 2 million units, you're going to have some defects. That's absolutely unavoidable, otherwise RMA wouldn't exist.

I'm not. I'm knocking it off as "We have no idea how many people are actually affected". We need numbers. Statistics exist for a reason. You can't really talk about "how lazy" Nintendo has gotten when you don't even know how lazy that is with real numbers.
There were defective systems from back in the NES days. "Nintendium" is a funny idea, but it's never existed. No company that has shipped more than a million of anything has ever avoided shipping something defective.

Maybe in the NES days. I remember my SNES shoulder button breaking. I remember my NES zapper breaking. I remember my NES refusing to load games unless I was lucky after only a few years. I remember the sticks coming off my N64 controllers, as well as the sticks grinding down and becoming loose after a few years. I remember the stick covers coming off my Gamecube controllers. I remember getting dead pixels on my DS. I remember my DS Lite outside shell separating from the console. I remember my 3DS getting scratched screens from the way it closed. I remember the optical drive dying on my Wii within a year. Luckily, the latter four were repaired for free by Nintendo.
Nintendo has never been perfect. They've never even been amazing. They've just always had a particularly low failure rate and high durability compared to the competition, and we don't know yet whether the switch is an exception because we don't have the numbers.

the switch is just jump and wahoo for retards, like the previous 5 consoles from shitendo.

it seems like nintendo is doomed to have absolute SHIT third party support forever. the only good 3rd party games i wanted on the Wii were the No More Heroes and of them got a better version on PS3. the 64, gamecube, and wii U didn't have a SINGLE game that i legitimately wanted to play, its just mario + zelda + shovelware all the way.

at this point i stick to playstation and PC.

usually when someone says "look mom i posted it again" they're just tired of being BTFOed by facts.

I'd probably be happier about it if it wasn't a monetized youtube video that guy has been spamming in every thread for weeks.

Look man I'm not gonna buy the damn thing until I can get one for at least 250 bucks. Even then I'm waiting for the thing to be hacked.

We don't know if it's entirely open-world, since the city level is actually a lot smaller than it really is and you can only travel to other levels via the hat ship. The city might be the hub world though

Mark bought one. If you see anyone trying to derail the thread posting anime, it's him.

of course he bought one, he's a nintoddler of the worst kind.

i thought jews where suppose to be smart with money?

That's probably a good idea. Rule of thumb is to only buy a console after 10 good games are out for it, if you have the money, or after it gets cracked otherwise.
I wouldn't hold my breath on a crack though. Consoles are taking way longer than before to get cracked these days. 3DS homebrew scene didn't really pick up until maybe a year ago. Wii U is still just barely kindling.

I don't derail threads user.

It'll become gold for sure, I just got someone else to buy it since I like trying this shit out at launch. Like I'm hoping Nintendo will make more games with the extra resources that they have, but we'll see.

The thing is they still work fine today if you're not smashing them with a hammer. And they could absolutely take moderate abuse from time to time despite what you say. If I dropped a Switch on a hardwood table from 1 foot off the ground that shit would shatter and the NES/SNES/N64 would have much better chances of working fine. And the N64 controllers were damaged mainly from the analog sticks. They still lasted a long time however, mine exist today and I've been using them since I got them when the console came out.

Still more than there should be. Especially with problems so fucking blatant. "Muh we don't have the numbers" is just the last excuse people seem to have with this even though a good fucking chunk of the consumer base has already said it's defective as hell in way to many ways for it just to be a tiny minority

No company has ever shipped a console with such blatant and obvious problems either. A hardware issue is understandable to some extent and software might be able to be patched out without a return, but there's no excuse for a screen getting scratched by using it as intended or finding out that your controller is stuck because they didn't make the basic fucking contraption right.

I'm not voicing for anything past the N64 era. DS's and the like were full of bugs and shit. But your entire point by saying that Nintendo has never been perfect is bullshit. They never were, but at least they put out products that were built to last longer than a year. I don't see how many "patches" you can make to a console like this so the screen doesn't scratch or the controllers don't lock. And the parts look irreplaceable unlike an N64 analog stick or buttons. I've owned a SNES and an N64 with little issues but I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Also, I'm not saying the Switch is anything new. I'm saying that this isn't something that should be looked at as "ok" because it commonly happens. It doesn't, especially not to this extent. And there's no way this is anything above the competition if their current trends are any indication.

Thank god for videos like Crowbcats to say that they're likely not good for Nintendo.

No, I got someone else to buy it so I can try new shit at launch.

look at IDs

all those problems indicate they will fail if you just use them. They all require maintenance or replacement parts.

the sticks sure didn't. The potentiometer functions like a pestle and mortar, and as you can imagine, friction will wear it down, making it worse as time goes on.

ouya

I'm waiting for a hardware revision and a couple of price drops before I even consider it. I'd also like a form factor change as well.
Games too obviously. The only one I'm remotely interested in right now is

This is incorrect, the developers can choose which display mode the game supports and if some cunt at the Pokemon Company or otherwise decides that their game should ONLY be experienced as a handheld game, you're shit out of luck. The only hope from there would be homebrew enabling the docked or undocked modes.
I'm not even that excited for it being portable or affixed, the most my handhelds travel are to the shitter or the extremely rare overnight trip.

We'll be getting a direct in April and June, so we'll probably get a load of game announcements soon.

No, admit to yourself that you're lying. There's no actual way that you'd be happy.

there.

you happy?

I dislike the entire concept of it. All I want is another simple console from Nintendo. No gimmicks, no handhelds.

Replaceable though. I would call them the Achilles heel of the controller but honestly I'll take a low cost replacement of my controller every few years as apposed to my entire console.

you gave yourself away to easy you dumb jew

Just wait for the ultra deluxe version that comes with a couple of games

I take it you haven't seen the replacement parts? They are pure garbage. Both N64 and GC style replacement sticks. There's one good one that uses metal instead of plastic.

It's $70. Like I said, all of these systems require maintenance and replacement parts, nintendo rarely ever made things as well constructed as you think.

But why would they
It would be the equivalent a gba game being incompatible with that gamecube brick

How many?
How many?

You do realize that without even an idea of the order of magnitude, these reports of issues are useless, right? If it's 100 people having problems, that's an unbelievably good rate of error. If it's 100000, that's horrible. We need the numbers, or we have nothing to go off of. It's not the last excuse for somebody to say that you need statistics to comment on how widespread a problem is, it's common sense for any educated adult.

Bullshit. Do you remember the RLOD? The YLOD? The fucking NES spring issue? The N64 stick issue? There have been horrible problems with tons of launches. Compared to "your console can't start games anymore because operating it as normal damaged the cartridge mechanism" some fixable syncing issues sound mild. Again, the NES spring issue was fucking very widespread, and made my NES almost unuseable within a year when I was a kid. Same with the N64 controllers, with the sticks breaking off leaving sharp metal spears, and the ones that lasted becoming so loose they were unusable within a year or two. I can't believe you if you claim to be old enough to remember before the N64 and claim that serious hardware issues weren't existent then. Those were also issues that Nintendo would not replace, and manufacturing didn't fix with time.
I'm not even a Nintendrone (I was before the Wii), but come on. Being an anti-Nintendo consolefag is as bad as being a Nintendo consolefag.
I'm not saying that the issues with the Switch are excuseable. By every extent they are not. They are defective units and hardware fuckups. My point is just that defective units have been around since manufacturing has been around, and that "we don't know the numbers" is far from an excuse, it's a basic issue of statistics. Even you would have to admit that 100 failures out of millions of sales would be exceptionally good, 100k would be horrible, and that there is a serious difference in orders of magnitudes of these statistics. We need the numbers or we have nothing.

I promise I won't mention it again if you post it as a webm from now on.

Once those 4 are confirmed/released, I'll buy it no questions asked.

Only downside would be the paid online for muh MonHun and Pokemon, but I still think the paid online is just going to be removed as some shitty "good faith" thing to drum up sales. They've done a halfarsed pitch for it, and it sounds like they haven't properly thought it out.

If it really does stay, I'll just play MonHun using something like Hamachi.

sometimes you're like a damn kid.

This is never going to happen. After consistently declining sales following all systems after the NES, the success of the Wii and DS have guaranteed all subsequent systems will be centered around a gimmick of some kind. They have been the only consoles after NES to sell better than the ones before them, even the NES. From their point of view, going back to their old way of doing things means lower and lower sales. They will always be trying to recapture the era of the Wii and DS.

No developer would actually do that. The kickback would be incredibly severe. Imagine a Wii U game that the developer decided could only be played without a TV. There's a reason that hasn't happened.

I just realized that HD rumble on the joycons might be able to accurately replicate the feeling of using a spraycan

For demanding that arguments are backed up by evidence and that anecdotes are replaced by statistics? Yeah, pretty fucking childish.
I'm not even defending the Switch, beyond my cautious optimism. I just want people to stop saying things like "Hey, these men raped a woman, therefore all men are rapists." Without statistics, it's so easy to cherry-pick any argument you want when you have millions of datapoints to pick from.

The Switch isn't a true gimmick, when you think about it. They just want something portable for the Japs who don't have much space in their houses for a million consoles and game cases, but also want to crack into the power of larger consoles for the West.

It's more merging their handheld and console divisions, and I can't say it's a good or bad idea right now. When they release a few more big games like Zeldo and we can tell whether there's a big problem with the hardware, then we can know for sure.

Only truly valid complaint I keep seeing is that the hardware is trash, but I don't see why people think this is strange. Nintendo forces devs to optimise the absolute fuck out of games, unlike Sony/MS who give them lots of wiggle room until you just get a bunch of halfarsed games with massive performance drops.

They did. Like I said if you're replacing your N64 controller more than once every 8 years you probably had an accident and fucked it up. I got 3 in 98 and am on my second.

Based on the consumer reaction I'de say more than enough. You act like you're assumption that it's less is more viable when it's not.

Not bullshit. But you're making a point and I get it. Keep in mind that I've owned all of these at one point and have never had this issue. And that the spring issue was just 1 fucking issue. Apparently it affected a lot but remember that the Switch has about 2 dozen give or take with both the hardware and the software. A lot of it I have no fucking clue how their going to fix without some heavy re-designs. Also keep in mind the more advanced consoles get the worse they are to fix all around. Fuck people still get red ring of death on later models of the 360 and the Wii remotes are a fucking joke to this day.

We already have plenty of videos with many comments in them from individual consumers saying it's a problem. The stronger the backlash the worse it is and this is already a pretty fucking large backlash. The "numbers" might make things more clear but it's obvious by consumer reactions that this is a pretty big fuck up.

Imagine having a portable JSRF game with you on the go. shit would be so fun.

I'm one of the retards that got one at launch to sit on it for piracy purposes, last I recall somebody peeled it apart and confirmed just by the makeup of it that they're definitely releasing higher-memory models in the future, probably at the same price or lower than launch Switch. I've got a 200GB microSD card so that's not too huge a worry, albeit this damn thing is claiming I need to system-update to be able to format it correctly.

Between Monster Hunter (there's absolutely no stipulation Capcom has to make Monster Hunter HD just by making a Switch game), Kirby, starting off with a Zelda, a Mario game Nintendo claims is more truly in the domain of 64/Sunshine, console-powered portability and a neat control system, the Switch is very attractive in the future. I want a proper F-Zero though, or at least a GX port. Also the usual complete menagerie of Virtual Console titles, and maybe a Mega Man. Once homebrew kicks around I want to be able to port Game Maker projects to Switch so that I can play Another Metroid 2 Remake on a legitimate Nintendo console and laugh at those stupid fuckers for DMCA'ing something just because it'd make Federation Force look bad.

they aren't mine I'm fixing, it's customer trade ins. maybe 90% of stock n64 controllers are in poor shape. Not a good tell for the system when I've seen maybe two shit PS2 controllers, no broken PS1 controllers.

I've said before they should make a pokemon go clone where you spray virtual tags on things in AR to claim locations for your gang

Nintendo had a lot of the kids market though keep in mind. And I'm not saying the controllers were great compared to other consoles at the time or anything I'm just saying they didn't bust when I put them away and often lasted for years.

You're not precisely wrong about all the problems old Nintendo consoles have had but it leaves out one major important consideration. Nintendo's handhelds have always been relatively kid proof. That's where the whole Nintendium meme came from. If they are intent on making the Switch do double duty then they are going to have to toughen it up quite a bit. I can't help but imagine that a lot of kids are going to destroy this thing unintentionally. I fully expect a 2DS like version in the future.
Honestly I wish they would just split it into a console only and a handheld only system that just uses the same architecture.

and I'm ultimately saying they weren't meant to last and nintendo rarely took that into account when making these products. A number of their systems had major design flaws.

Yes but in comparison to the Switch they're still superior by a mile.

RROD was much bigger. That was affecting tens of thousands of out of the box consoles.
He's not wrong, you need numbers.

You can't go by YouTube comments because a) there are known Sony shills AKA Ghostbusters and b) it may just be the same 20 people saying it over multiple videos.

You need numbers proving this is more people being affected than other launch issues and not just the prevalence of social media and sharing that allows for more people to say it's happening to them.

Capcom will 100% make a MonHun for the Switch.
Japanese companies are funny with how they interact, and Capcom are really pissed off with Sony, so their only real choices are: Nintendo, Microsoft and in-house PC.

They won't go MS have they don't have much proper interaction with them, and their PC division is just console ports.

Plus, once they release Mario and the rumoured Pokemon Stars, the Switch sales will skyrocket and Capcom will want a piece of that.

They should make a new Switch that is a smaller handheld, with the dock having extra hardware to beef it up to proper 1080dp when docked.
Having two seperate systems will cause too much confusion to the average consumer.

Well, the other day I took my whole wii u into the can to play zelda while I took a dump. I honestly got a little excited at the thought of being able to just lift the switch out of the cradle and take it into the can with ease.

Anecdotal evidence makes it seem like the left joycon problem is just as widespread. But the fix seems relatively inexpensive.

How much you want to bet they just port MHXX to the Switch with 3DS graphics and call it a day? I'm also baffled by them not releasing the RE: Revelations port to Switch. The original game sold the best on the 3DS, so I don't know why they would risk losing out on potential customers.

You also have to remember that this is a new era. Everybody has a phone, and everybody has a way to share videos. My assumption is that it's not possible to guess the extent of these hardware issues given a time when every issue posted on the hardware issues could be 1% of the problems or 50% of the problems people have experienced.
"Consumer reaction" is a hard fucking thing to judge these days. We live in a world of astroturf now, and problems that are had or not can be snuffed or amplified easily. "How many" and "muh numbers" may seem petty, but it really is the only hard tool that we have to combat positive and negative astroturfing and snuffing. Could the problems actually be worse than they seem, but Nintendo has shills (or fanboys) playing down the issues? Could they be not as widespread as they seem, but shills on the other side (or just anti-fanboys) are just posting the same videos over and over again to get the word spreading? We will never be able to tell without either exposing some specific campaign or having statistics. We should know now, after the election of Trump, that "strong backlash" doesn't necessarily indicate consensus. I can't trust a "strong backlash" after the "Trump won't get 10% of the vote" articles left and right. It's so easy these days to make one voice seem like thousands. You can't trust what appears to be a widespread opinion, because it's so easy to manipulate what seems like is widespread or not, and marketers use those perceptions against you every day.

I absolutely will never buy a console again without having hard statistics in hand.
The main Switch design issues I've seen (as in not hardware defects but actual design issues) are the dock shape scratching some screens and the joy con connectivity. The dock shape is easily fixable at the manufacturer level and the joycon is already fixed at the manufacturer level.

I can go by general reaction and size though and I can say it's considerable when compared to the other modern gen consoles. I'm not saying numbers don't solidify things but if you genuinely think that they're somehow way below other console releases you're kidding yourself. Other consoles aren't even half as wacky as this one and they still had gross fucking numbers.

I've had the TV set up in the bathroom for years.

As I said, annecdotes are useless in the age of such widespread social media and corporate shilling.
The left JoyCon seems to be a bigger issue than true hardware failures AKA the thing breaking completely, but from what I've heard, Nintendo are replacing/fixing them for free, aren't they?

They said they weren't porting MHXX to the Switch in their last direct.
Maybe port the MHG G-rank update, but I doubt it.
They'll want to make a game for the Switch with the main dev team, not the spin off devteam that made X.

I doubt anyone could fuck up as much as MS did with the 360 launch, and that still sold pretty damn well for MS.

Well if they are going to follow the Gameboy/DS model then there will be numerous hardware revisions released over the life of the Switch. A whole 'nother reason not to be too quick to buy it.
Pretty much this. In fact that what I thought the Switch was going to be and not just a handheld that they're trying to sell as "also a console".

So… anyone knows when more will be in stock?

I dunno about MHXX since they said they wouldn't port to Switch in their direct (but there again they lied about it not getting a G/Ultimate version too) but I can absolutely see them not progressing past 3DS/PS2 graphics. There's really no obligation for them to do so, people who say there's ever gonna be a MH-HD or that the series needs a graphical update are delusional.

Yes I've sent in 2.

I'm not excited (yet).
The hardware is clunky and not very portable. I prefer my 3ds.

Those idiotic side-controllers should be permanently attached to the system, but I don't see Nintendo doing that.
This thing is just half arsed.

A new Monster Hunter might spark my interest, probably not though.

Most consoles are shipped monthly to stores.
America is fucked. You have a monopoly on digital sales with Amazon and physical sales with GameStop.
In my country, there are plenty in stock and I am over in Japan right now and there's heaps on the shelves, despite seeing 10 sold in the space of 20 minutes while looking around a store.

They didn't say there wouldn't be a G-rank, they said it wasn't 100% confirmed as this was a spin-off game. Sales are why they did it, and most of it is just adding shit from 4U and calling it a day.

3DS is getting killed off by end of 2018, so Capcom will have to move to a new platform, and I can't see any reason why they'd stop working with Nintendo.

I called up Target and they said to expect a new shipment come April. If you want to pick one up from a store, make sure to wake up early.

Well at least they haven't gone to shit on that front. There may be some hope for them yet.
What is it about the left joycon that's such a problem?

Antenna patterned on the circuit board has interferer nearby

EMI gasket fixes it

I genuinely don't think it's hard to get a decent prediction of annoyed consumers even in these days. Just size up the amount of butthurt/grievances and you'll usually be in the ball park. The thing about needing numbers is that they only give a narrow range of failure when people generally already have the broad range. If it somehow turns out that this console has a tiny minority of actual flaws dispersed I'll eat my words but given the context and amount of flaws It's hard to actually think this isn't gearing up to be a good fuck up.

You're an idiot.
You told me flat out that the numbers were higher than previous console launches, and when I said you can't say that without giving me any numbers, you tell me to produce the numbers for you.

There are no statistics, and until there are, neither one of us is right.

I don't doubt that there is some widespread array of failures. What I'm wondering is if this is 3DS Screen Scratching level (almost none) or the same level as the NES spring issue or N64 analog stick grinding, which hit almost everybody who played their system long enough, especially if you had a house full of people using the same console and the same controllers constantly.

No I said they would be in the same ballpark of defects but that given the switches clusterfuck of a design that it could very well be a lot higher.

I don't really see it as a clusterfuck, mechanically. It's a Nvidia Shield with an output.
It's strange to the consumer, but from an engineering standpoint, it's pretty normal, except maybe the splitting controllers.

I was.
Only thing it needed to do for me to buy it was playing 3DS games in 1080p 60fps.
Instead it fucked up one of biggest up-sides of Nintendo consoles and decided to have 0 backwards compatibility, while having 0 games at launch. I mean Zelda seems good but same goes for CEMU.

Honestly at this point I would be more exited if someone would copy Switch controllers for Android phones. At least I can emulate stuff on it and it starts getting decent library.

Well the 3DS had its own set of issues. Mainly with dead pixels and software. Really the big reason I'm so affixed the the fact that this console is going to fail in the long run when it comes to defect issues is that it's trying to be 20 fucking things at once. It's just not a stable looking device in any sense.

See what I said above. It's still pretty out there when comparing it to other consoles. Put it this way. Would Nintendo be your first choice to go to for a new touch screen? Or really any of the shit on that device?

I just want to play the Pokeymans without cramping up over a tiny little LCD

Also the 3DS's clamshell design scratched the top screen where the bezel of the touch screen was raised. And it cost $250 at launch.

It's not built to last, like Nintendo products in the past.

I'm also waiting for Monster Hunter to launch in the console. Paid online is gay as fuck though.

My wife might consider it once Pokemon comes out. She hasn't missed one yet.

Software? U wot mate?
This shit has 240p screen cannot run shit in 60fps. Games are only thing that safes this system.

Well at least Cintra is doing work.
But well yeah this on the other hand means you cannot play it on handheld.

When they drop the prices, only then I will be excited. Otherwise, NOT interested in the slightest.

Guess I meant hardware. I'm tired.

Just wondering is there micro sd card that's basically a glorified usb port? Not exactly keen on the idea of using something as small as my pinky nail as storage.

What the hell are people doing with their consoles? I've never had a problem with any console at launch, Nintendo or otherwise. My Switch has run perfectly for me since I got it on the 9th. Fuck, I even dropped it on a metal chair screen first and there's not one scratch. Seriously, how rough are normalfags on their possessions?

Some people are just spazes . More importantly handhelds are largely marketed as kids devices so right there there is a geater chance of something happening to it.

God yes, tried playing MH4U for first time in forever on my 3DS and my hands just hurt like a bitch after one mission.

To get me to buy a switch though I'd like
1.) Games - ones worth buying the system for, BOTW is a WiiU game not a Switch one.
2.) Upgraded version - they'll do this at some point judging from memory teardown, hopefully better quality
3.) Cheaper price or value bundle with said games
4.) Free online - don't multiplayer much if I can help it but for some games it changes the experience massively and others are built around it (Splatoon)

However there was hopeful conjecture thrown this way and that when the WiiU came out and it amounted to diddly squat. Coupled with Memehouse bullshit track record Nintendo has quite the uphill climb to earn my trust back.

TLDR wait a long time and see

Before hacking my 3ds I tried to look for video tutorials to go along with the guide. Stumbled upon a kid's video of him taking the cover off his N3DS.
Instead of gently unscrewing counter clock wise once or twice to get those screws as loose as possible (right before they click back into place), this kid made each screw click at least 10 times and then practically yanked the cover off using his bare hands alone. **It was supposed to be a tutorial video about getting to the sd.."

Super Mario Adventure! Let's hope if reaches Sonic tier levels of Autism.

That's not how technology works.The XL makes the resolution look warped, 1080 would literally kill it.

Slots on the side look solid enough to me. I haven't seen anyone say they snapped off.
Screen scratches are an issue, but my 2DS and 3DS both scratched within a few months of sitting in my bag.
Battery replacement should be done by your local Nintendo repair representative :^) Not sure where the battery is, is it under a bunch of other shit?
Charging point isn't a problem with the construction, but one with the design of the system.
Magnetic charging is a good idea, though.

SDcards are cheaper and more reliable than any USB. They also hold more data in smaller sizes.
If you want USB or disc over SD and cartridge, you're insane.

If it comes to it, I'm sure people will just set up giant Hamchi-esque servers for LAN.

I know that usb flash sticks are shit. I want to
use a 1tb HDD in a usb enclosure. I mean for fucks sakes a 256GB mirco sd card is well over hundred bucks where as a 1tb HDD is 50 bucks. That's what i'm doing now with my wii u pirated shit.

Because XL still have 240p screen that is just bigger. N3DS also just renders at 240p.
I actually want console to render game in 1080p. Just like Cintra does, even with poor texture quality.

I'm confused as to why you want to lug around a 1TB HDD with a handheld. I can understand that for when it's in the dock, but then what do you do if you want to take it out of the dock?

SD cards are getting cheaper every day. There are already 1TB SD cards being produced, albeit at insane prices.
If you do buy a Switch and are that concerned over space, I'd just buy cartridges. They are easier to carry around in a little pouch like those DS cases, and you spend the same as a digital title, perhaps even less if you buy second-hand.

Citra as 1080 is comparatively taxing on resources. Nintendo would need to sell a much more expensive and larger console for that.

Cintra is taxing on resources because it is shitty backwards engineering.
Nintendo would need to make proper emulator like their virtual consoles. And they can they know everything about 3DS, they actually can make efficient one.

Where do i get the latest citra build?

Altough i ve seen that building using profile optimization and specific versions of Visual Studio help performance by as much as 10 - 15 frames in cases when your PC would cap at a lower framerate due to cpu-heavy tasks. In which case official builds or building it yourself is way better.

Yeah, like all 60 of them. Why are you sperging out so hard?

I hope they do make console versions of handheld gaymes, then I hope pirates rip the thing apart so I can buy one and sell my n3ds on as it's not the best emulator device (it's a super slow machine)

You're implying that I will take it out of the dock, also i'm planning on pirating the games instead. If i wanted to bring it with me I probably use said adapter with a usb card reader and use whatever sd cards laying around the house. I don't have any mirco sd cards, but I do have a old 1tb hdd which I just realized I could just copy over to my 3tb drive.

Well, if you only want it for piracy, I'd just wait until you can buy a second-hand one off the internet.
Alas, Nintendo won't release a model with a USB port. Why would they? They don't expect you to use a HDD for piracy, they expect people to be using it normally, so they design it around that, and the normal user doesn't want a USB sticking out of it, they want an SD card they can insert and forget about.

The games are under 10GB each, assuming there's nothing bigger than Zelda, so a 128GB would last you quite well.
And that's only assuming piracy is ever achieved in a reasonable time.

Yep. Playing a vs game like that would be sweet.

I got one for zelda. Yeah, I don't care what you think, I'm not poor, so if my switch ends up colecting dust, I might just sell it in the future, or give it to someone. Anyways, I'm overall satisfied with the hardware so far, minus payd online and the fact that the damn usb-c is on the bottom. But since I don't play on tabletop mode, that's just a minor annoyance.

>Joy-con conectors are solid unless you are one ot the retards who put the strap wrong, which has been show that if you do it repeatedly, will damage it's conectors

But yeah, bought it for zelda and xenoblade, region-free was a big positive point too, I'll give as little funding to treehouse as I can.

Like I said earlier in the thread 250 bucks is the highest i'm willing to pay for it, last time around I bought a refurbished wii u for about 225 (or was it 200?). If the usb-c actually did anything besides connect to the dock or powerbanks I wouldn't have this dilemma, I'd just buy a male usb-c to female usb cable.

It's a vita without horribly retarded 400% markups on expandable storage that won't be 4mb/s.
Fucking of course I'm excited.
I would have actually lit myself on fire and sang yankee doodle dandy to get a vita with not retarded storage.

2v2 Smash would be pretty swell on two consoles.
How many joycons can each console have? 4?

I'm sure that's what 90% of this is. Only problem that doesn't sound like idiots being idiots is the dead pixels, but that's what happens on any LCD screen. I've had a TV out of the box with an entire line of dead pixels.

I can see a comfy case that protects it from drops, houses both JoyCons, has a portable battery in it and allows for you to use tabletop mode properly being extremely profitable for those pesky Chinese resellers.

Nice quads, but Nintendo are selling branded SD cards :^)

I'm waiting for more games and some sort of decent hackability. Are the weeb games gonna be interesetd in the system?

That's not the same as proprietary.

I WOULD PLAY ZELDA SKYRIM SWORD IF IT WAS 20$ INCLUDING SYSTEM

I think that pretty much sums it up. And I'm not even joking, it's a valid opinion.

I'm buying one whenever MH5 comes out on it, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'm really really really hoping they'll pull a hardware revision before MH5 to fix all the fuck ups.

Do the detachable controllers flex when connected? The build quality on these things looks like a joke given their price here.

I've seen a complaint in a video not sure if it is a defect or whether all units have this issue. Most sensible option is to wait and see what becomes of the second iteration.

I hope they put a pascal Tegra X2 in the next model, fix the dock screen scratching issue and all the annoying defects. I hate how their dead pixel return policy is basically go fuck yourself.

Been wanting to try out zelda and some of the other DS/WiiU games but if that is all there will be on it for a while then I might as well wait and run it on CEMU at 4K once the bugs are patched.

I'd be all over it once major issues are addressed and interesting titles drop like

More so if I can crack it to run emulators. Would be insane if I can get it running PS1/PS2/NES/N64 games on the go.

Doubt Sony will release another decent portable after the Vita debacle. The switch is definitely not pocket sized which is unappealing along with the gimmicky detachable controllers. Dock is a nice idea but poorly executed.

Too bad online multiplayer will require a sub fee, quite disappointing. I hope this model doesn't come to PC, it is the only platform left that doesn't include this forced bullshit.

But actually for Skyward Sword, you could probably do it.

Where do you think this came from, anyhow?

I agree it sucks and that is likely were they got the inspiration, but it is not system wide.

I don't like games with sub fee model, funnily enough it is still miles better than all the p2w f2p microtransaction bullshit on PC these days.

One thing I like about consoles is that disk/card based games can be resold but that trend might not last long since everything seems to be headed towards download only.

Meanwhile on PC you cannot really sell digital content but that is slightly offset by it often being a fair amount cheaper.

Which are both inferior to owning a product you paid for.
The good news is that the logistics of 'system wide' double-charging would be absolutely impossible.

They'd need to unfuck the hardware, somehow, before the software can truly be enticing.

It's just going to be replaced by another console within a year and a half, in yet another effort to recapture the sales numbers of the Wii.
Ninty will never understand that the Wii being popular was a fucking accident that had nothing to do with the quality of their product or their marketing.
It was just a retarded fad that swept out of nowhere like a rogue wave.

You're either a shill or incredibly optimistic. A normal person can't really think this is going to be true; most likely the division will continue to exist(SMB4) or it'll be a shitty version that'll anger both sides.

Doesn't have to be completely system wide to be damaging.

If a big player like valve one day decided to go ahead and push for a subscription model then a large collection of steam only multiplayer titles would be locked behind a pay wall without any alternative.

The people who want this seem to believe that they'd actually give a Pokemon game actual gameplay depth and interesting mechanics. Pokemon with more than 4 fucking moves, where the gameplay isn't just "rock paper scissors" with 20 types of rock.
But that will never be the case. Pokemon will always be oversimplified garbage for babies. It's a shame, too, because the setting is dark as fuck and only appropriate for adults.

Nintendo's plan this time around to me is to have their handheld marketshare but power to make 'big boy' console games they want to make. I mean there would be potential there for third party if it was as powerful as like ps4 stuck in 720p or something. Since you had a choice between playing nier automata (just using it as an example) full resolution or a 720p version but you play it on the go. But we know that would not be the case. Also they fucked up in the price point.

I was until the reveal. It's pretty much the epitome of everything I hate about modern Nintendo. Plus, there's so few games worth a damn that I don't care, similar issue to the Wii U. Now that they've got their shekels, assuming they haven't been selling at a loss – and with those accessory prices, I doubt it – I trust them as far as I can spit to do anything with it. Bomberman is apparently great, but I'm not paying 400+ freedom bucks for a Bomberman machine, and certainly not when current year Konami and Nintendo are profiting off of it.
Nintendo died with Iwata.

Is this not what the PS Vita was supposed to be? A portable PS3? Look at how well THAT turned out.

If they work out the fucking defects, sure. I plan on getting one by the end of the year. Hopefully the FE Musou ends up as polished as Hyrule Warriors did. What I'm really hoping is that piracy becomes possible within a year so I don't have to support Nintendo beyond buying the system, but it seems the leading minds behind homebrew are almost always unapologetic moralfags so I doubt we'll see it for at least 2.

I'm not saying it will work, i'm saying that's the plan, like I said they fucked up the price point. Besides doesn't that have huge support in japan?

I don't get excited for consoles, I get excited for games. I am excited for the new Mario.

It remains to be seen if good, playable, fun games are made for the system. It has potential, and I want to be excited about the things you listed (LAN and local multiplayer esp, but the idea of an open world Pokemon game still makes me diamonds hard, come on Nintendo).
Pensive about the Switch I guess you could say.

You forgot that devs can opt out of individual Switch play modes. Games can be both, but are not required to be.

You can opt out of TV mode if you want to utilise the touchscreen as a main feature.
I don't get why people got pissy over that. If the game lost touchscreen functionality when docked, they'd sperg even harder.

I'm not excited because it will always stay expensive and so will the games. 3DS is still way to expensive for the shit hardware it provides. This won't change.

I strongly doubt any devs are actually going to do that, though. That's stupidly restrictive for literally no gain. The only real excuse is "we need the power of the system in dock, because the game is too demanding to run in handheld mode", or "the game absolutely relies on touchscreen functionality". And even those are kind of bullshit excuses.

I will never be excited for the switch because of its basic concept. Its utterly unappealing to me

I'm not, like at all. The Wii U was already enough of a dissapointment.

1-2 switch shows there is room for it. I think another game actually does, as well. I don't think it's necessarily a problem but I feel in the future an update should be introduced to play handheld only games on a TV, even if its at native 720p because as far as I can tell, there are no functionality exclusive features for mobile play.

I suspect that contracts with developers and publishers make it impossible to push out a subscription for already existing games. The most they could do is start requiring or encouraging it for new games.

Increasing the move cap would make Pokemon less interesting, not more. The four-move cap allows for significant variation in movesets within species. The higher the cap, the fewer decisions you have to make about which move is worth having. There's plenty of room for improvement in Pokemon's mechanics, but that particular place is not where you should be looking.

Those weaknesses make it not worth it to me in 2017.
I'll see what the games are looking like after next year's e3. I won't be wanting it any sooner than that. Wii U made me trepidatious about whether they can deliver.

The touch screen is a functionally exclusive feature, as you don't have access to that while it's docked, but I think that's probably it.

Will wait for more games, no paid online, no censorship and piracy. I might just wait for their next handheld.

I'd wait for a revision, but knowing nuTendo I have no doubt they'll just cheap out on it even more and put a worse screen in it, half the battery life and probably kill WiFi too while charging 70bux more for it.

Sucks for me because I'm really itching for a Portstation Vita 2.0, just not at any price.

It would be nice if the system could do video out using the USB-C port without the dock.

They just found out that Nvidia lied about the custom thing and got Nintendo to buy their stock is ultra cheap X1s which they desperately had to get rid of.
Ninty being the penny pinching fucks that they are were just to happy to buy them, regardless of the benefits in power, battery life and user experience the X2 would have provided.

Basically they're making royal bank off every unit and their brainless fanboys defend them for the privilege.

What's wrong with Daisy's face?

[citation needed]

You sound like an edgy little faggot m8

archive.is/bdUXg

Amazes me that anons even assume that Nintendo hasn't gone full shit these days.

Consoles have been using off-the-shelf components for years now user, gone are the N64/GC days of custom-made hardware.

I got one at launch for my wife. It's comically bad. I'd describe it as the most awkward tablet ever designed where basic things like waking up from sleep, charging, and not losing inputs are challenging. It's also already got scuffs from the dock despite being super careful with it.

But shitty hardware has been the norm for Nintendo since the SNES. The real kick in the nuts is that the new Zelda is AWFUL. It's like 30 minutes of game that were copypasted to run it up to 50+ hours, and not even a good 30 minutes. You quickly realize there's no point to exploration or side quests, as other than for fairy fountains, none of the loot matters. Get rewarded a fancy new sword for doing something hard? It will break after two kills. They've got one cutscene that they re-use a dozen times. You'll watch the same unskippable 'drip' animation more than a dozen times. You've seen almost every enemy after the tutorial zone other than for rehues. You've seen every type of enemy encampment by then. There are only four real dungeons and they're incredibly short. You'll be avoiding fights just because of how pointless they are. The collectible 'secrets' are all the same thing over and over.

Some of you seem to want to buy a switch specifically for this game. You will be disappointed. I honestly think I preferred Skyward Sword and that game was terrible. Skyward at least had some characters you'd give a damn about (Groose deserved to be in a better game), none of the music was so bad you'd mute it, you weren't fumbling with the wonky UI every 30 seconds because of the worst durability system ever, etc..

Just stay away. Wait for the fans to realize what a sack of shit they've bought and for the hype to die down. It won't take long.

and you sound like an angry nintoddler

I like the concept of the hardware, but I don't know if Nintendo actually pulled it off. My biggest issues with it are

I won't even consider buying this as long as online requires payment. (I could probably overlook that if it gets hacked and has a few games by then.) As for everything else, I'll wait and see. I'm used to getting consoles 1-4 years after launch anyway. (I'm not too enthusiastic about the Switch though. Modern gaming is getting worse with less and less good games coming out. I've got a backlog I've been procrastinating on anyway.)

I'm shit at compressing videos, so I cut it up into 2 parts. I'll let someone else compress it.

part 2

i was super excited, it was like the one thing i was looking forward to and the games revealed thus far were pretty exciting.
i havent bought one but im pretty unhappy about what i heard about it so far. particularly regarding breath of the wild being laggy. and thats on top of the dreadful idea of paid online. im pretty bummed out about it right now and dont really have much to look forward to.

wouldn't say 'excited', but definitely curiously observing it.
If Nintendo had ironed out all of the Switch's fuckups and backed out on the paid online thing I would grab that console the moment it got a bit more games.
I have been waiting for a console of that concept for ages now, and it just needs that bit more to be excellent.

Call me when there's a Kirby platformer or a real Metroid game but that's never gonna happen out for it.

What hardware problems?

The joycon issue is minimal. If you get one of the few units with the problem then Nintendo will get you a new one.

The screen gets scratched easily? Well, its a plastic screen. You've been using those useless screen protectors on gorilla glass devices, now you can finally use it on a screen that really needs it.
Maybe Nintendo uses gorilla glass when it redesigns the switch, but that`s going to take a while.

Just see it for what it is: Its definately not a console that will get big multi-platform games, but a powerful handheld that you can plug on your TV. It should get a lot of love from 3ds developers.

I'm fucking loving zelda and local multiplayer snipperclips.

Take out all of the "problems" of people being retards in the crowbcat videos and you'll end up with a very small minority of people who have legitimate defects with the console.

If there's one thing I would want, it would be "Pro Joy Cons" or something. The Switch Pro controller is fucking great, and after playing with it the joycons, with or without the grip, feel like garbage. The analog sticks have a weird range to them, the + and - buttons are really small and shitty (they should have just made them round buttons, what the fuck were they thinking), and the 4-button variation of the D-pad feels weird. And overall it's just way too much of a change when you've played with the Pro controller for 50 hours and then switching to the Joy Con controllers; they're two entirely different controllers. If they could just make Joy Cons that mimic the Pro controller that'd be great. It would probably look stupid but it would be way more comfortable and enjoyable.

im going to buy it when its defects are fixed or animal crossing is announced

I'm sure I'll buy a Switch sooner or later for the exclusive Mario, Zelda, etc.

But I do hope the SMT HD Project and other 3rd-party titles end up ported to the PC, simply because I don't want the game's framerate and resolution limited by the console's hardware.

Wow is that the "pro" controller? It looks like hot garbage. Seriously actually looks like a Ouya controller.

It's more similar to the xbox 360 controller

My switch sits permanently in the dock, and I use the "pro" controller" (read: it's a fucking actual controller) instead of those chincy joycons that were intended for dainty little nip hands. It's all a fucking gimmick. If they sold a "Playstation TV" version of this for half the price or less (no lcd, no fucking joycons, no portability) I would have bought that instead.

So why did you even buy it, you retard. At least wait for one or two worthwhile games.

I'm made out of money. I don't care.

You play your switch like a normal console and that's somehow a gimmick?

Considering as how I wouldn't ever use it for portable gaming (who the hell plays games in public), all the portability features are a gimmick, yes.

Yeah but the thing about the switch is that you don't have to take it on the go…

…That's why it comes with a docking station to plug into your TV and junk.

The battery life does not bother. I'm not going to play in public like an autist. What does bother me is that damn storage. Get a bigger internal storage or regular SD storage instead of microSD and now we are talking.

No but the design had to compromise in places so that it could, making it a weak TV-based console compared to the actual ones.

[The lack of] storage isn't even the bigger problem, it's the fact that all your game saves are only saved on the on-board storage. Meaning if your switch breaks, all of your game data goes with it too. No option for cloud storage or even using the microSD card.

why does it look so cheap? it looks like it'd feel really cheap, like a mad catz controller. is that officially made by nintendo?

that money put into that portable design and screen could have gone towards a console with decent power. instead of a shit gimmick
maybe then developers could get a stable framerate out of it.

It's not cheap. It's heavier than the xbox 360 controller. It has a good weight to it.

does the area without buttons flex inward if you push on it? the plastic looks super thin.

Nope, it's a hard plastic. The "see-through" plastic is by design, I think. Kind of like the Atomic Purple Game Boy.

yea, but you see how deep the case goes before the bottom? the dark purple around the d pad and buttons.
the switch looks like really thin plastic. joysticks look that way to me too. but i'll take your word for it, just looked that way in the picture.

I think it would be cool to get one eventually. First I want a PS3/PS4 first, though for my fighting and weeb fix. As long as there are enough games to release for it at some point it should be good. I don't need hundreds of games like most people here supposedly do, since I have a fuckton of PS1, PS2, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii U, DS, 3DS, PC and games of other systems to get through as it is; and I know I won't get anywhere near completing my backlog as I'm already in my mid-twenties and don't live a very healthy lifestyle.

Obviously it's not worth getting a Switch now, because unless you want shovelware it will sit gathering dust admittedly like my N64 and PSP are at the moment, but I will be content if it gets a few decent games a year like the Wii U did.

Is that an OUYA controller on the right? Nah, the OUYA controller looked more professional than that. Must be a cheap third party controller, huh. Makes sense to get a cheapo when the real one would cost $70, save your money and get the $20 knock-off.

Nintendo fans get cucked so hard every 5-7 years and it's so funny to watch it just get worse and worse

All this weeb peen sucking goin on and no one mentions how cheap and easy it would be to put a fucking sheet of felt/fabric on the dock where the screen would go. No wonder no one but manchildren and thier spawn buy this fucking trash.

The dock is one of the most appalling pieces of shit Nintendo has ever released

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Amiibo is still king of "appalling pieces of shit Nintendo has released".

How long is that list at this point?

Its meant for people with garbage collector sized hands, not superior japanese hands.

The detached joycons feel great, its specially comfortable if you're in bed since you dont have to keep your hands together in front of you.