Why are they remaking Bulletstorm? What was wrong with the old one?

Why are they remaking Bulletstorm? What was wrong with the old one?
Why did they remove they remove the original Bulletstorm's steam page even though the remake hasn't even been released yet?
why did they drag poor duke nukem into this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands:_The_Handsome_Collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm onto you, randy.

Did this piece of shit even sell well enough to warrant a remake?

You're a piece of shit.

What a dirty bathroom

The only good part of this shit was that Call of Duty parody minigame.

Can't wait for them to remake my favourite retro shooter, Rage!

Gearbox have no ideas and are running out of shekels.

/r/ing pic of slav couple eating grapes in a dingy bathtub

Sucking dick isn't a work where money's abundant and Bitchfuck's gotta pay his bills.

wew

Bullet storm was fun as fuck but had NO replayability, so the fact that they are remaking it is retarded.

The what now?

GFWL
And a bug in the middle of the game that could get you stuck
Apart from this I don't see what was wrong with it

Because it was one of the few (maybe even only) game that Gearbox released and wasn't despised by everyone on the face of the earth.
So now that they are hurting for cash, a remake is fast, cheap and can potentiall make enough cash to keep them afloat until they cook up something new, like Borderlands 3.
That's probably the reason, they can't find a publisher for Borderlands 3 and they need cash to finish and release that game. Gearbox is near bankruptcy.

This, unfortunnaly for them, is gonna damn the game.
It's a linear corridor shooter that you basically play the same way everytime. At best you can increase the difficulty, if you're a bitch that didn't started with the highest one, but after that (and maybe new game+) there's really nothing to keep you going. It's even worse than Borderlands in that regard.
And let's not forget Echoes Mode, which was basically the same game but with none of the cutscenes, for people that wanted to replay it but just the action part.
Any re-playability there was, is already expended.

It was actually quite a fun game and very well made, but it really wouldn't seem that interesting today to warrant a release at all. Just Randy being dumb as usual.

Why ask a question to which you already know the answer?

No, the original didn't sell that well.
Which makes it all the more baffling that they're re-making it.

It was kinda boring, and hyper cliche ridden. After all the other friends die, its not even fun. The redneck banter was great but then it stops. Not to mention that it wasnt nearly as varied and creative as it pretended. Hell, I think it only got good sales because of the advertisement with that song.

I just wish that they hadnt shit the bed when they made the Borderlands sequels. Yes all of them.

Borderlands could have lasted forever. But they shit the bed and made lele super villains and other shit in 2 that made little sense, among other issues.

Granted, they did a lot right but well…. They did a lot wrong too.

What the fuck.

Kikery is a foot. Clearly Borderlands 2 wasnt pozzed enough.

They should publish it themselves.

It's not a remake, it's just one of those "HD" re-releases: patch up a few bugs, add a few pointless extras, and call it a day. And this was one of the few cases that didn't give me a "damn those greedy cheapskates" sort of reaction, because Bulletstorm was a really FUN game that didn't deserve to flop like it did, and it was nice that it got a second chance. Yeah, Gearbox a shit, but the game is cool.

It did give me that sort of reaction, since you can't buy the original anymore, meaning they basically replaced the original with a more expensive version.

And then they went ahead and put things they mocked, like a story who took itself too much seriously and BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL, into their own game.

gfwl

Can you still buy Doom 3, or do you have to get the BFG edition with the shitty console lighting?

You can, the BFG edition is separate.

BulletStorm is an unbelievably shit game

Gearbox is currently in the phase where you input the buttons to perform the fatality. They're already beaten, but they're still shaking for a few seconds before dying.

The original Bulletstorm tried to ripoff Madworld and DMC but didn't understand the need to actually reward players for high gameplay. This one appears it will be a meme game, made in desperation.

Desperation is right.

Duke is more like a hastily made skin than a character.

If they really needed money couldn't they just remaster one of Borderlands? I thought they were more popular

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands:_The_Handsome_Collection

You literally couldn't customize graphics without an external utility and it required GFWL

They haven't learned anything. Dead on arrival.

That's not actually Pitchford.