Which is the best Tony Hawk game and why is it Project 8?

Which is the best Tony Hawk game and why is it Project 8?

what's not to love?

Other urls found in this thread:

thpsx.com/community-uploaded-levels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soundtrack could have been better.

SO

As far as post-pro skater games go, I liked proving ground which I had for the wii

skate was better anyway

You mean the only fun part of the series?
If you want a boring skateboarding game play skate
Also jackass and that style of humor isn't edgy, you're just a nerd scared of feeling pain or being laughed at.

Bam Margera was a mistake and you know it.

It's obviously THPS 3. The most memorable level design, music, and polished gameplay. A few years ago people were still playing online, and I think that maybe they still do now because it's a great game even if you don't give a shit about skateboarding like I do.

Yes? It was great watching him get his shit rekt in every jackass

3 was a standout favorite of mine back then, but I've come to like 4 a lot more because of all the new tricks and larger levels.
You all need to download THUGPro right the fuck now, the game got blown wide open and tons of mods are being made for it.

PS1 version is super good too.

But to my tastes, THPS4 is the best. It was when the game was completely overhauled from the ground up. While THPS2 expanded THPS1, THPS3 refined the formula. THPS4 took that formula and made a slamdunk. I don't think it has the best level design of the series (College and London are absolute gems though), but it EASILY has the best soundtrack of the series and was the start of the glorious customization that evolved into Underground.

THPS2 hands down

Reminder that, bar THUG Pro PC, the best versions of all THPS games have been on the xbox.

This is undisputed FACT since the ps2 versions don't even have grass sprites

shaders, not sprites. although I think starting with thug they swapped the grass shader with 720p rendering

Discarded.

3 or 4 on ps1 was my favorite. the ps2 versions changed the physics and control mechanics in a bad way.

THPS2 on DC gets my pick. It's a 100% flawless game. THPS3 is the second best.

THPS4 IS THE BEST OF THE BEST

but thugpro is pretty amazing too.

Project 8 was only an improvement if you had it on a 7th gen console

I swear the framerate kept constantly going all over the place on 360

Skate wasn't fun, that's the problem. Too much focus on "muh realism" like it is some fucking simulator.

He was basically the biggest faggot of them all.

I appreciated it

Project Wasteland tbh.

import levels from jet set radio

Fucked up. American Wasteland..

to be fair, the mario level looks kind of fun. Just needs a few ramps.

This suggestion alone made my dick diamonds.

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME
TO LISTEN TO ME WHINE

THUG1 will forever be the best.

Green Day was a mistake.

Where do you download these new maps?

I put in Project 8 the other day because I haven't played a Tony Hawk game since I was like fifteen, and boy, am I just fucking not good at this shit any more. I can barely rack up 100K with a single combo, on a good day, and the specific inputs for specials and tricks completely fucking eludes me.

It's a weird sort of feel.

I want to love it, but I need muh single player content.

Seconding this.

thpsx.com/community-uploaded-levels/
There is currently no proper system in game for to handle custom levels, so ATM you have to replace existing levels in $CURRENT_USER$\AppData\Local\THUG Pro\data\pre folder while the game is running (else wise the game will overwrite the files upon launch) you can play most of the levels online with other people if they happen to have the same level installed.

It counts.

Why even live?

MGS2 skating is best skating.

You mean memes?

Tony Hawk 3 is best

Sure is deepest lore around here.

AW was bland as shit. The double jump fucked everything up and the overall story of some nobody coming to L.A. to get famous was cliche as shit.

This. Despite being set in Joisey, the story was excellent and the gameplay felt fresh.

To be fair Project 8 did away with the different difficulties added ranks instead which made the game default to hardest.
I'm pretty sure that made Project 8 one of the harder Tony hawk games.

I may be the only other person that played this *on a demo disc*.

I've seen a few other anons talk about it but it deserves more love. I swear it isn't just nostalgia.

any other games that do this?

I want them to add custom goals for all of the levels. Apparently, it's possible seeing how morten just uploaded a video of him fucking around with the tools to do so.

ONCE THERE WAS A BOY WHO HAD A VIBRANT GLOW