I'm new to gaming, and I'm going to get a ps3 that's ps3 compatible. What are some must plays?

I'm new to gaming, and I'm going to get a ps3 that's ps3 compatible. What are some must plays?

What did he mean by this

Sorry, ps2 compatible

WAIT. DON'T UPDATE, OR GET ONE BELOW 3.55 THEN JAILBREAK THAT SHIT, GET HARD DRIVE OR SD CARD AS WELL

PC is where its at. We are the future and the past.

what about the present

I didn't know the ps3 could be ps2 compatible, but some notable games are

Demon's souls
Dark souls
Katamari Damacy
Katamari Forever
God hand
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Killer Seven

Just pretend it doesn't exist.

Fat model PS3s could play both PS1 and PS2 games.
Anyway OP get a PC instead because consoles suck.

The best gamez.

I already have a laptop

the last of us and beyond two souls

Can it play games? If so, play them on it. You have over 30 years of games on PC, most of them better than console.
Play System Shock, Deus Ex, Thief 1 and 2 and TES3, those are some PC classics.

oh user.

Its not. Backwards compatibility was pissed up against the wall along with innovative games.

THIS!!!!!

>DMC1, 3-4 PC and SE are better though
>Resident Evil series Don't get 4 on PS2
>Kingdom Hearts

I just previously stated it is, dipshit, original fat PS3s could play both PS1 and PS2.

Buy a desktop pc instead. Stop being a plebian.

if PC's are so great, why can't they play PS1 PS2 XBOX DREAMCAST PS3 and PS4 game discs?

I should tell you, Don't get ZotE1&2 HD edition, Konami fucked that up, and DoD/Drakengard is PS2 only.

If consoles are so great, why can't they play PC games?

playbuy Trails of Cold Steel I & II

Don't forget about Yakuza. Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time is one of the good ones too, and probably the last surviving 3D action platformer series. Hopefully new Crash will be good.

Present is a wasteland of shit games with a rare decent title. Almost all of them available on PC.
If you want to play some truly great games and ruin the medium for yourself for ever PC is the way to go. Most of them will work on toaster, since they were released in mid 2000s at the latest. Not that PS3 and PS2 do have some good exclusive titles, though.

>Not that PS3 and PS2 do have some good exclusive titles, though.
Meant to say: Not that PS3 and PS2 don't have some good exclusive titles, though.

fat ps3s break often. even if a seller is listing it as "tested", it means that they saw it boot once. doesn't mean it will last very long or won't have heat problems.

get a dirt cheap ps2 instead. they're usually sold with a bunch of games, controllers and memory cards.

I have plenty of good games for my PS4, even if we were just talking about things released this year, and there's plenty more to look forward to in the rest of the year.

I don't get why Holla Forums, no matter which site it's on, has always been so jaded towards whatever the current gen is while praising what was before it.

Hello newfag. Play these games and then come back.

That should get you going with good games from varied genres instead of the shit show that are games today. Get a good desktop PC or play whatever you can on your shitty laptop. If you get a PS3, get it on or under 3.55 and DO NOT UPDATE so you can download shit on it for free. No, you're not "giving money to the devs" by buying it from gamestop, most PS3 games are already out of print and thus you'd be giving money to scalpers and no one else. On PC, don't buy everything you see. Most of the good games from the past 20 years or so have been swindled by big corps and the original devs don't get a dime. There are exceptions but don't feel bad about pirating. Support only what you think is worth supporting and don't feel pressured to buy fucking everything under the sun. Most importantly, have fun, be patient, persevere and take your time. If a game feels awkward to control, give it an hour or two before dissing it.

Shame about Jet Force Gemini, man that game had potential for being a good action platformer series.

Get Demon's Souls and Catherine.

Mgs4 is another exclusive, but I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't played the first 3. Lots of story and its convoluted as fuck. It is a good series though, and you can play every numbered MGS plus peace walker on ps3.

Dude, I still love Jet Force so much. One of my favorite games. Just got it running flawlessly on my phone, but I need to order a bluetooth controller with analogue sticks instead of shitty slider nubs.

Care to explain? I'm curious to hear about someone that didn't grow up playing video games.

Gundam Vs Gundam EXTREME FULL BOOST
Gundam Breaker 2
Super Robot Wars Z 3.1 & 3.2

well fucknut it was shitty emulation layer with problems and then they patched it out fuckface.

He was probably in a coma or in jail, like all the others.

This gen has been mostly shit until relatively recently. Besides, OP is getting PS3, so that's why people have been focusing on previous gens.

Many of us came up golden age of PC games, or grew up playing older stuff. When you see your favorite franchises get bastardized and games get more simplified each gen to appeal to lowest common denominator, you get jaded. Things seem to be getting a tiny bit better lately with TW3 raising the bar among normalfags, good games getting recognition, and AAA marketing strategies being less and less effective

Never plated it. What other titles could it compare to? Does it still hold up today?

HERE IS THE GUIDE, DO IT FAGGOT.

That'd explain wanting to get a ps3, niglets' favourite console.

If he wants MGS he should just get the legacy collection with every official game before 5.

user the actual gameplay in Gundam Breaker is shit. It's like one step above a musou and it's nearly impossible to finish without playing multiplayer thanks to your braindead AI teammates. It's only good for being a gunpla simulator, and even then it's not great because you have to actually play the game in order to unlock new parts.

NOT AN ARGUMENT
If you have any modern laptop or hell even from up to 10 or so years ago you still have a significant backlog of games from about the year 2000 back, and even then emulators are a thing and you can get your console fix as well.

I'm so confused.

Those are animes, not games.

Don't believe the fat PS3 can save your PS2 games. It's cheaper to buy a fat PS2 and a slim PS3(not the cheap sliding disc cover one) than just buying a fat PS3. The fat PS3 is prone to hardware failures too.

On the topic of fat PS3s, the consoles are reaching the end of their operational lives, so these consoles are gonna get harder to maintain and keep running.

Any fat PS3s anyone finds should be immediately opened and cleaned as well as having fresh thermal paste applied, downgraded fat PS3s are worth a fortune.

i wanted to call you a stupid fuckhead then remembered that trying to play persona 3 would crash my ps3 every single time

Wait, they can't?

I'm curious, how does such a high level of newfaggotry come to 8ch first when asking these questions? Are you not just baiting to see what people's answers would be?

LA Noire

Journey

That's it.

Do you fuck little boys

You're going to the gas chamber, Edgar.

I made a mistake

As a general rule of thumb, a modern PC (that is, one that you build yourself/get a friend to help you build) will cost about the same as a new-ish console, and you'll be able to pirate anything from last gen back.

A gaming PC also gets you access to ports of a lot of the better games from each console, which you can either pirate or pay for if you want to support devs.

It's overall a better idea, because you're not worried about backwards compatibility, and you need a PC of some sort anyway.

This looks like the thread to ask, i was looking for ps3 games for the sole purpose of online co op multiplayer, and i stumbled upon these semi-obscure ones.
Can you help me tell the good from the bad ones?

The ones with the scores next to them are the ones i'm most interested in.

And?

More game than what the west shits out mate.

drop army of two.

Don't. Play it on PC.

You are better off asking what to avoid, thats a strong library at this point.