Did I fall for a meme...

Did I fall for a meme? I'm an hour in and so far I'm not seeing any of the "so deep and depressing" people rave on about, so far it's just a mediocre, somewhat comfy action RPG.

You are a meme

Wait on it. NieR is a slow burn, the longer you play the more fucked up it gets.

Most of it is from the latter half of the game and new game plus. Enjoy the comfy while it lasts before everything goes to hell.

The experience you're looking for kicks in on your second playthrough onward. First playthrough is intentionally hum-drum.

You think you can get anything like that from a video game? Go watch pic related OP.

This sounds like a joke.

You're thinking Drakengard user.
Nier has some dark and sad moments, but it's pretty optimistic and positive game in the end, reinforcing ideals of love, friendship, family and overall faith in humanity.
It's pretty much anti-drakengard in both gameplay and narration.
Just enjoy it.

It's not depressing until NG+ and it isn't deep ever. All the backstory was completely cut from the game, you basically have to read the supplemental book Grimoire Nier to get any of it. All you get ingame is "shades are totally innocent people, and you're a bad, bad guy for killing them even though popola is entirely responsible for not stopping you even when she knew everything".

Twins are real fucking villains in the game tbh.
Both Nier and Shadowlord Nier did nothing wrong.

theres 5 endings and each ng+ run starts from the 2nd half of the game ad adds another layer of sadness to the world.

This, Drakengard starts fucked and just gets more and more fucked.
NieR starts happy, gets kinda fucked then gets happy again, then ends really really fucked but you don't know just how fucked it is until you play again and an hero your save file

Yes. It's just another run of the mill weeaboo action RPG hyped to death here because it has

Enjoy your mediocre buttonmasher God of War clone with sideboob.

That's stupid meme really. Nier has good action-RPG gameplay that rewards exploration and doing side quests.
NG+ give you insight on the world, setting and secondary characters, but it's the same game every time. So you only replay it if you want to go deeper.
To balance it enemies don't scale and you can just one shot final boss when you meet him on second playthrough.

Automata basically confirms this and their model was reprogrammed with inescapable guilt for fucking the Gestalt project up and ensuring humanity's extinction.

What an abysmal game, I heard the sequel is even worse. Why does Holla Forums have shit taste?

It's necessary for the story though, and the feels Taro was going for.

Jap games are jokes.

Why do you always post in these threads if you hate japanese games so much? This has to be intentional trolling for (you)s as normal people don't go to places just to complain about the place they're in.

Playing Nier I felt every playthrough I learned more and got better. Like Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter it was enjoyable in that respect but Nier wasn't nearly as hard as that game.

Op asked, I answered, a shame it hurt you so deeply.

favorite automata OST?

I don't hate all Japanese games. For instance I love Dark Souls. OP asked a question and I posted my opinion in this thread as a response. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you perhaps you should try out reddit.

You're judging a game's story after an hour? You're as bad as game 'critics'.

I can't really think of any weeaboo games. You do know a weeaboo is someone who wishes they were japanese, right? As far as I can tell there isn't a kappa mikey equivalent to video games

Kill yourself, you millennial.
Nier and Automata are gems. Two crazy and unforgettable journeys.

OP is shitposting, you fags. Don't you see his flag?

Weeaboo games as in games weeaboos play. A good example of weeaboo games would the Neptunia, .hack and Persona franchises.

Played through it all and the only thing I found above average was the music.
Upgrading gear isn't allowed either because you will 2 shot the bosses.

man am I dumb.

Wait, 5th ending? You mean the one in grimoire nier?

Just watch vid related

A lot of weeaboos play games like tf2 and arma and dota 2 as well. Not a very good measurement for weebshit. Work on your criteria.

Bump

>>>Holla Forums

It's disposable weebshit. What did you expect, a good game?

Fucking kill yourself.

this
the only people that can be emotionally invested in the demented trash that comes out of gooks minds are braindamaged weebs with autism who have no idea how human interaction works.

hahaha get the fuck out. If you want a game that tells you how to feel in the first hour then you should play The Last of Us

Just FYI you will never be able to associate Holla Forums with Japan hate. Especially not since anime and manga keeps getting more and more redpilled each season.

Looks like you've learned the hard way that sonyggers and weebs will hype the shit out of mediocre titles for console war purposes.

I think you'll find that more Holla Forumsacks like anime than don't.

These threads should be banned on sight. Play for a bit longer if you want, and If you don't like it stop playing don't come here and shit up the catalog.