Darksiders

There's a sale for this game on Humble bundle, is it worth picking up?
I vaguely remember someone here recommending it but I want a second opinion.

Only if the money goes to THQ Nordic instead of some lefty freaks.

Shitty clone to God of War.

What? They are not even the same genre.

It's God of Zelda
If you're okay with both of those then it's pretty ok

Just pirate the warmastered gog version and you're good.

How about the sequel? Same or is it worse?
I'm watching the TB video right now but he's spent half of the video on the options menu.

Madureira's character art is looks cool on paper but it looks like a little too much when 3D animated
Not to much regarding plataforming or exploration, the game has a central hub area from where you go everywhere else
Combat is God of War trying to look like Devil May Cry
There are Zelda style bosses and dungeons with puzzles that require specific items found in the dungeons to progress boomerang, graplehook, you know the drill
there are hidden collectibles and secrets everywhere and the game looks nice if a little bit monotonous at times
it's a pretty good God of War/Zelda rip off
It bring nothing new to the table, but it knows how to cook this old recipe
It's not the kind of purchase one regrets

TB is still alive?
Didn't he had like 3 months left to live 2 years ago?

The second game is like the first one, but more retarded
You spend a lot of time on horse back, not many new gadgets or puzzles either and the bosses and dungeons were not something i remember like in the first game so i'm guessing they'r not that good

Also

Then pirate them both, the second one is like the first game but you control Death, but with the added bonus ofleveling and ARPG looting, which is pretty annoying, you'll get the all the DLCs, but that's it.

Yeah he does that, just skip ahead to the gameplay

Second game has a lot of tacked on RPG shit to replace some of the zelda shit, and has several "open" world maps for you to go through to get to dungeons and shit
Overall less focused than the first game, but still not the worst thing ever

He's still going through chemo and shit to cure his butthurt
Maybe he'll be one of those people that continues being asspained for decades without giving up or getting better

It's the best Zelda game since OoT.

I've enjoyed both, but I'll admit that I only played them via the PS3 versions. Not sure how the PC ones fared in comparison, if that's the version you're inclined towards. First game ends on sequel bait, but overall feels like a fairly complete start to finish as far as concerning War as a solo protagonist goes. Second game meanwhile saw THQ rushing Vigil to get the game out the door with an assload of paid DLC to try to get them out of the hole they'd dug themselves into. As such, the last two worlds feel rather sparse (though Lostlight is still very pretty) compared to the first two worlds, and the final boss fight is really underwhelming (at least the prior boss fight with Samiel was pretty good if memory serves). The first game mixes elements of Legend of Zelda and God of War, while DSII adds in Prince of Persia movement (Death being much more nimble and agile than War allows for running along and up walls) and Diablo-esque randomized loot, which is admittedly hit or miss.

Had Vigil not been rushed by THQ, I expect Darksiders II would have had a good bit more polish and completeness to it.

They got an overhaul/remaster pretty recently

that's because doctors are retarded and use what's essentially a general average when it comes to life expectancy diagnosis because they're used to treating 50 year-olds with dead immune systems and not 30ish.

Unless you mean super recently, then you're talking about the shitty cash grab repackaging of the games by whoever it was that acquired the IP right after THQ sank, which made at least 2 far worse than it was on release
That combined with the DLC is why you're fucking retarded if you don't pirate the old version of it

How is that possible? Is this like Fable remastered?

fuck off, no­rmie

I'll just go back to my girlfriend then, g-d you virgins are so bitter.

It's bad.

It's like dark souls
without interesting level design
without good hit detection
without build variety
with hand holding

in Darksiders 1 you can Meme the combat with the cross blade by canceling air combos. you get the Crossblade pretty early on.

I don't even remember what exactly it was, but I remember some people not even being able to run that version on their PCs when the original would work fine
And of course they wanted money so the original version was taken off of steam and all that

fuck off

Darksiders is the Dark Souls of God of War!

Darksiders 1 and 2 are good, but don't go in expecting Zelda. The puzzles are obtuse. You have to stop and really think about the situation, and sometimes the shit just doesn't make sense, so you have to try random shit and–oh, it worked.

For the first game the non remastered is included with the Gog release

nigger, i said its like dark souls without the things that make dark souls good. its a hollow clone made specifically for casuals that thought dark souls was too difficult and made you figure out too much on your own.

bet you think saints row isnt like GTA either.

I thought that normalfag was wordfiltered

lol

I don't get your comparison.

Both games are worth playing, 2 is very different from 1. Also
Stop giving money to "charities"

holy shit you're fucking serious
Let's ignore for a minute that you're a casual that doesn't play vidya and doesn't get that darksiders is a ripoff of other action games

DARKSIDERS CAME OUT LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER DEMON'S SOULS YOU GODDAMN SHITPOSTING MONGOLOID YOUR MOM PROBABLY DROPPED YOU ON YOUR HEAD AS A BABY ON FUCKING PURPOSE BECAUSE SHE WAS ASHAMED OF HAVING A KID WITH DOWN SYNDROME

nevermind, i was thinking about lords of the fallen.

darksiders was that shitty dynasty warriors rip off with clunky controls wasnt it?

No, not even close

?

I absolutely loved the game, OP. The on-rails shooting section felt tacked-on, though. It's pretty different from the sequel, less loot-focused than DS2.

Autocorrect.

Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe!!!

Pretty damn good game, like zelda but darker and more combat.

Its ok, better combat and variety than the first one but worse level design and more fucking about doing nothing. Has a thicc milf in it.

I thought lilith was from 1

been a while since I played darksiders 1 but I dont remember hips like that in it.

also Darksiders 3 never ever.

They're both great. They've got an amazing style and have solid Zelda style gameplay with great dungeons, and plenty of gear to find to use to get upgrades.

kek

Darksiders 1 is actually a very solid game for what it is but I don't feel the weapon grinding was really needed. Darksiders 2 on the other hand is like a norse mythology Ninja Gaiden fucked a MMO and had one of the single most disappointing final bosses ever but I still had fun with it.

What this user said, at one point in Darksiders you're given a portal gun, it even has a blue and orange portal gate surroundings like in Portal, and to advance through the room with these colossal towers you need to shoot a portal gate through a portal gate despite not being able to do that in Portal and there's no way for you to know you had to do that.

Also, there's another part in Darksiders 2 where you have the mechanic to split your soul into two that's anchored to this one statue and another mechanic where you pick up a sticky bomb that will explode if you go far away from where it spawns. And the solution to one puzzle is to split yourself into 2 and toss the bomb flower to your other self to advance and there's nothing that hinted Soul A could toss a bomb and Soul B would catch it without it exploding.

It's pretty sad that AA games like this series are a thing of the past now.

While I don't think I would like this particular style of gameplay, I fullheartedly agree. The AA space is where I feel most real innovation is born.

2's remaster had some technical problems but I was able to get through without too many problems. I don't understand why you're complaining about how they treated the DLC in the remaster. They worked it into the game as organically as they could without doing anything crazy. The DLC areas unlock at appropriate points throughout the game and the DLC weapons have their stats changed (so they're not all just boring level 5 weapons anymore) and placed in hidden chests throughout the game. The latter is an outright improvement. It's not missing any of the DLC.

The rail shooter is like 5 minutes, why would it stick in your mind so much? Did you have trouble getting the achievement for it?

It really is. Vigil's death was a fucking tragedy, they could have created so many more great games.

1 is fun, started 2 but I have a bad habit of only rarely keeping with a game, at least right away. Right off the bad 2 seemed more like LoZ or something.

you guys must be retarded I never had any problem with the puzzles at all

Same. The puzzles were actually interesting unlike modern Zelda.

I'm not surprised he got cancer after seeing this.

Eh file was broken.

second attempt no audio

Nice looking bitch. 9/10 would ravish.

Get on your knees and gulp my thick, disgusting load you nigger faggot.

You only hear her voice in the first game after you killed all Chosen.

nu/v/ in a nutshell

on-rai?

Pick it up on GOG, OP. It's on sale right now.