Dark Souls / Bloodborne Topic - Packing up for Ringed City

The last DLC for the (allegedly) last entry in the series is being released next week and the preparation patch is coming this week on the 24th. Besides the system update, there's a few improvements to the PvP modes, bug fixes and general balance.

After the rather lukewarm Ashes of Ariandel, you think the series will have a proper send off?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=skyrim sales&*
please
amazon.co.jp/DARK-SOULS-III-DESIGN-WORKS/dp/4047331945
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Patch notes:
Made system updates for The Ringed City.
Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation 4 Pro.
2 New maps added to Undead Match: “Dragon Ruins” and “Grand Roof.”
Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue in “The Painted World of Ariandel” where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not sync properly during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not sync consistently during an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host’s side during an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn’t get attacked during an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender (for example: Chain Armor).
Improved attack power for Shortsword. In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
Improved motion of Dagger’s Blind Spot skill.
Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt’s Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede’s Great Scythe.
Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Hammer and Follower Sabre.
Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword’s skill, Crescent Blade.
Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords’s skill, Moonlight Vortex.
Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner’s Greatsword.
Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka’s Spear skill, Pacify.
Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
Disabled parry during Pickaxe’s two-handed attack.
Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was the incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons’ upgrade.
Increased rate at which bleeding builds up when using a reduced bleeding build-up.
Decreased rate at which bleeding builds up before using a reduced bleeding build-up.
Increased rate at which poison builds up when using a reduced poison build-up.
Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons’ upgrade, adjusted correction value for
Refined or Hollowed weapons’ upgrade.
Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys’ Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.
Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.

For the most part, they seem sensible. Things that needed to be nerfed got nerfed and other stuff got buffed.

Exile Greatsword, here I come.

Butcher Knife, Executioner's Greatsword, or Wolf Knight Greatsword for a Str build?

YFW Nintendo pays for their own Switch exclusive Souls game made by From.

Whoa hol up.
Weren't there three DLCs planned? Why would the second one be the last?

So does this mean a buff to sharp and heavy weapons?

It should be two, where did you hear three?

>take muh souls with me for about three hours due to switch's mediocre battery life that i've experienced firsthand

I wonder if the Greatlance improvements affect the Lothric Knight Spear as well.

I hope so, there are a lot of weapons that need love.

I'm pretty sure season pass stated that it will cover 3 DLCs, but now I read it and it says 2.
Maybe I mixed it with Dark Souls 2.
Just fuck my shit up.

Well there was Zelda Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, so why not make I dunno Mario Souls and Metroid Souls?

Zelda would be the one that would most readily adapt to Souls and even then it'd basically just be making Link "weightier", plus introducing a hell of a lot more humanoid enemies.

After the ass that was ariandel I've cooled on the series.

Executioner's Greatsword will give you around 430 AR at 40 strength.

Finally, time to put all my points in dex.

ringed city better be Old Hunters-tier dlc or else this game might be worse than 2 for content if it isn't already

I'll play it through again when the DLC comes out but do you guys think that the inevitable re-packaging of the game with all its DLC will result in a total product like SotFS did with new enemy placement and polishing? Or will it just be exactly the same?

Doubt it, since the base game+DLC release is happening in a month. SotFS released like a year after the base game.

DS2 was handled by the B-team, so of course they'd try to go maximum overjew and run with the before before Miyazaki could notice what they were up to behind his back.

Count on that.

It's been a year since the DaS 3 release.

Time flies, but SotFS was also six months after the release of the last DaS2 DLC pack

I don't know if they are going to go the retarded way and divide the player base again like they did, but sooner or later, a version of the game with all dlc included will come out.

I think it will be good/decent. Better than AoA at least. They likely want to end on a high or maybe they want to fuck it up so the interest in more Souls games is killed.

It's unfair to expect that since The Old Hunters is really two DLC packs combined into one.

I hope so, SotfS made DSII fairly playable imo and less shittastic, so hopefully the same will happen with the FF version of DSIII

dont really think it's unfair to expect a nice big well-rounded DLC with great content, especially when we know that FROM is capable of delivering it. I can sort of see your point if the prices aren't comparable but still don't think I'm being unreasonable.

TOH was fantastic but it also has to be seen in its context, which is to say, vanilla BB had a small armory and little build options. The DLC doubled said armory, completely redeemed ARC builds with more tools and weapons specific to them that are both fun and viable, reworked the Beast Claw entirely, added more build options with other weapons etc etc.
Still, ailment builds are practically non-existent. Maybe they should do that, preferably in a DLC about the Pthumerian-Cainhurst connection. :^)

Anyway, unless dataminers are bullshitting us, numberwise, this is what you can expect from the DLC - 4 areas, 4 bosses, 10+ weapons, 10+ spells, 7+ armor sets and a average play time of 8-10h.

I used to like this game until some of my normalfag family members said they enjoyed it. Now I see it was western trash all along. Nioh is much better if you're looking for a action RPG that is actually good. 

It's still the same bad game underneath the bloom and the new enemy placement.

sounds not bad, we'll see if it holds up under play

DSII is not a great game, don't get me wrong, I just mean that SoftS takes it from crap to mediocre, and I don't mind running through it now and then if I'm bored

Nah, it's still 3/10 at best.

wew

DSII has an arcade-y feeling that makes replaying it somewhat enjoyable, different from the chore that is the early parts of III.

wew, you kids are desperate to salvage babbys first sowells gayme.

user I don't think that happens

google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=skyrim sales&*

please use archive.is/articles/2015-07-01-dark-souls-series-sales-surpass-8-5-million

laurence was a redux of the fucking black dragon fight from DS1

I could eat alphabet soup and shit better bait than that

might want to go see a doctor for that

I actually happen to own & like DeS and DS1 (well love/hate relationship) but here's my question;
Why do souls fanboys act like they are leet/these games aint for normalfags?
Then in the same breath say GIT GUD.
Is it difficult or not?

Also, fanboys don't take any criticism of these games. If you're not giving it 9/10 stars then fuck you GIT GUD.
I admit the games are beautiful, the stories intriguing, the adventure addictive. But they are far from perfect

You can tell how I feel about this.
I do give both DeS and DS1 - 7/10
Even if DS1 is a blatant ripoff of DeS at times.

souls fanboys are like nu uh its 10/10, now excuse me while I masturbate with icyhot cuz I'm a masochist

As far as I'm concerned, Laurence is hands down the hardest boss in the series. Even with optimized defenses, he can kill you in two hits if not outright one-shot and if you survive a hit you have to down 2 or 3 vials, more HP than Kalameet and Sir Alonne combined, more moves than a Tekken character making him extremely unpredictable and hard to bait, no weakness and anything but pure physical damage just pisses him off even more etc etc.

Anyway, IIRC the way to deal with his bouts of explosive diarrhea is to strafe him without lock so he just shits all over himself.
Btw, waddya mean cheat? You brought a gank squad?

It has some genuinely difficult parts as well as some where the game wants you dead preparation be damned but I think that if you tackle them with the right mindset, they're not very difficult. It's all about awareness and anticipation - check everywhere for traps/enemies and always expect them even if you don't see it. And on a trickier aspect, I'd say it requires discipline - don't get greedy and don't heal the second you get hit (I've played all of them a lot and still fall for these mistakes).

Wouldn't saying Git Gud imply that it is a leet game?

I did the worst thing I can do and rung the bell for a friend to come help my sorry ass. I didn't want to but the fucker has no weaknesses besides the worst souls weakness, which is bad 2v1 AI

I think you'd have to look pretty hard for anyone to say that these games are perfect. DeS is missing the archstone and has issues with world tendency, frame rates, and being stuck on the PS3. DS1 has an entire section of the game that is unfinished with a terrible fake puzzle boss, and also has frame rate issues. DS2 is just a half-assed mess of a game that for every moment of greatness there are another three bad fucking ideas baked in. And 3 feels messy and hollow, like they wanted to make another Bloodborne but got scared and went halfway between both and ended up making something very so-so but way better than 2

Dunno user, I love this series but never in my wildest dreams would I call them 10/10 GOAT material

Despite the past nerfs, I still used the Exile Greatsword because it's the most fun goddamned weapon in the game. Now I have a reason to use it again.

its already confirmed for being longer than Ashes, but there's only been footage from one boss shown - there are at a minimum 2 more bosses from screenshots / extra information besides the trailers. Someone said that "dataminers" found item names or references codes for 4 bosses, but i'm not sure i believe it.

You should at a minimum expect 3 bosses with a larger area / more weapons and armor than the last one.

some people seem to think ashes was something to tide people over until they really released something special, but personally i think it will be an improvement over ashes - but definitely not an exponential one.

smfh

You are right about enemy placement, in the fact that it got lazy as iterations went on, where there wasn't a sense of fairness in some encounters where as in DeS and DaS you could always over come an encounter by playing in smart.

One example of one such area is the end of Shrine of Amana right before the 2nd bonfire. You could use a bow, but even then your still dodging those fucking annoying homing magic attacks. Most times the best thing would be to just hop yourself up on healing and run in and face tank what you could just smashing attack as fast as possible.

I also feel like they wanted to keep up the "muh difficulty" aspect and created a. too many enemies in some areas b. enemies with too much damage/too much health c. encounters where multiple enemies are on you at once, which completely goes against what the original two games were like. One good example of this, is the bridge before the Twin Princes in three. Those fucking blue cape knights almost always chain pull 2+ at you.

this was one of the worst examples. Long linear fucking path filled to the brim with homing projectiles, super aggroing shrine guardians, waist high water with random bottomless pits, and a goddam cyclops for some reason.

Don't get me started on the ruined circle ring after the bonfire, that area is fucking retarded

i would tend to agree with Settlement / Farron / etc. being so frontloaded but i feel like the forest and all the other beginning areas of DS2 are boring too. DeS / BB / DS1 all have waayyy better introductions than the subsequent games.

Dark Souls sucks, you are all faggots.
Get hollowed.

ye u rite

I never tried helping folks with the TOH bosses because they hit so freakin' hard that with the -30% HP penalty, I'd prolly walk in to get OHKOed and just leave things harder for the host.

Could be bullshit but the names have some verisimilitude to them.
Mother Dragon - could be the woman in white in the OP
Ruined Capital King - possibly Londor's bigwig
Snake Soul - probably something like the ghost of Kaathe

A thing I hate about that place is that NG+ changed the rules of aggroing. In NG, you can pick them off one by one but in the next cycles, you hit one and they all go on alert.

DaS2 is definitely designed with that meme in mind, particularly the challenge areas that feel like they had a little internal contest to see who could come up with the biggest load of bullshit.
For me, DaS3 feels a bit like that with the ridiculous amount of enemies that chimp out on the player (Corvians and Pontiff knights come to mind). On the other hand, the level design is godawful with almost zero traps and environmental hazards with lots of room to run from every encounter.

Chiming in on this, for me it's the opposite - I think DaS3 is at its strongest at the start (big areas with tons of shortcuts) and becomes a huge slog after the Settlement with a late high point in the castle/archives.
Irythill is pretty but that's about it; Cathedral could have been fantastic if the inside area had more to it than a pool of Aldrich's crap.

I found Irithyll Dungeon and the catacombs to be pretty fantastic.

I haven't played 2 but I think most of the start of 3 seems like a very bad kind of "this is the opening area." DS1 has that too, but the opening area is short as fuck and getting to firelink feels great. Dark souls 3 has the problem where every time I start the game, it feels like I've already played the entire game with the build I wanted to do. And on top of that, the soundtrack is so fucking shitty for some reason, I don't know why but I can't fucking stand any of the tracks, all of them feel like they're trying to be like something out of bloodborne, but bloodborne music just sounded like DS1 music, and trying to copy a copy removes the basic qualities that made the original so good.
I played bloodborne after playing DS 3 and realized that the problem with ds3 is that it's so fucking short, but it tries to do the DeS/BB thing where you get a warp to home after you kill a boss, but the thing that made that work is you get enough healing items to make the exploration not matter. You'd walk through the entire area and be able to continue just by persisting. In DS3 there's nothing between point a and point b to stop you from running. BB had enemy placements that forced you to slow the fuck down and would pin you up if you tried rushing an area without killing folks, which you could do easily too, so it leveled out the problem DS1 had where enemies could kill you with 3 hits if you can midroll and would do similar pinning maneuvers.
You get the warp right away, which was fine in DS1 and BB because in DS1 you could only warp to set locals that just get you in the area you want to be in, or BB's thing where you'd only use it to get to different zones, because they were all fucking massive even with short cuts and it was faster to warp home if you needed to get to a new area, but slower than just fighting through enemies if you wanted to get to another portion of the same place. DS3 lets you warp everywhere, which makes the world that much smaller every time you sit at a fire. It really should have been something where you can only warp to the first fire in an area so you have to go through the whole "level" to get to wherever you're going. It makes farming harder, but they could have also had something where they just fucking remove the god damn rng on item drops and made it so sets drop on the first kill and every other kill has a chance to drop parts from the set again. Weapons could have been made purchasable by Greirat, but otherwise I fucking hate armor farming.

WE

ANOR LONDO WAS A BLACK LAND

Maybe I can respecc my UGS Lothric Knight to have less stamina. On the topic of UGS, what's your favorite? I really like the Lothric one.

AGS makes my dick wet if only for the fact that retains the aesthetic that a greatsword should have.

If there was on thing DaS2 did right, it was the UGS attacks.
That launch attack, oh my lord it gave me an erection everytime I launched a Havelmonster/hacker off a cliff.

For me the dungeon felt like a poor man's Tower of Latria. I know that thing gets ridiculous amounts of praise but I dare say it's well deserved.
About the bone zone, I'll just say it's kinda funny how pathetically weak the wheel skeletons are. In the Painted World, I still take a deep breath before going doing that ladder.

This. This so much.
I wouldn't say half the shit I do about DaS3 if the music wasn't such a disappointment. And the worst thing is that it got me expecting a lot. The title screen theme is fantastic and the second movement of Vordt's theme got me thinking that the music was going to take some notes (no pun intended) from DeS since it has those characteristic trumpets.

Thanks, Merkel!

Astora GS which almost feels like cheating since it's a Quality weapon. Ditto with the Profaned GS which I've seen being called the best weapon in the game.
I'll admit DaS3 is the only the series I don't have a STR build. They just feel dull. Two-handing gives a pointless attack boost and heavy attacks eat so much stamina for the damage they do that you'll get better and safer DPS by spamming R1.

i like the idea of Farron, but they left out some of the cooler moves that the watchers use with them. There's actually an unused asset that is a battleart for the weapon that is the forward, stabbing charge they do with the UGS / dagger. I don't think the parry is particularly useful considering it has subpar parry timing / frames anyways

Dark Souls is just Zelda for 2edgy4u mature gamers.

Yhorms is one of the highest damaging weapons with 700+ damage two handing with 66 strength. If you two hand with 66 it counts it as having 100 str and gives you a nice amount of damage for some of the actual Str scaling weapons in the game, although the lack of any str scaling UGS besides Fume (which was nerfed into oblivion) is disappointing to say the least. Although i think its interesting that they did something like Onyx blade - which is a dark scaling weapon in the GS category

ye u rite

Zelda is just Dark Souls for 2serious4me children gamers

This. Undead Settlement is one of the best areas in the trilogy with the High Wall being pretty good, too. Road of Sacrifices is okay, but then you get to the poisonous Farron bog and it get kind of bleh. Cathedral of the Deep is a hit and a miss, with the outskirts being pretty fun to explore and the interior being pretty bland, while the the Catacombs of Carthus, Smouldering Lake and Demon Ruins are nothing special.

It starts picking up again in Irithyll, with the dungeon, Archdragon Peak, Lothric Castle and Castle Archives being all very good areas overall.

Most if not all of the shields should have been "this just does the weapon art of the main hand weapon" instead of most of them being parry shields. It makes twohanding multiple weapons more viable for actual fighting than putting on a shield that halves your moveset

learn to ignore

yea, the battle art system really leaves a lot to be desired. there aren't enough weapons that actually have genuinely unique movesets besides maybe some of the twin weapons - but that was just a compromise for the Power Stance system being removed from 2.

No fuck you, I'm sick of you faggots coming into BotW threads saying it's a shitty Dark Souls knock off for "nintendo babbies". The truth is that Dark Souls ripped off the Zelda franchise and made it edgy, the creator said as much.

That's probably my favorite weapon in the game. The buff costs little and lasts a good while while being significantly useful and has IMO one of the most overall useful move sets.

I was at the very least expecting every weapon to be like the straight swords and have two options.

On this note, DaS2 was a significant improvement with the ability to two-hand the left hand weapon, power stance and having fully functional left-hand move sets.
DaS3 won't even let me two hand my own fists. Cunts.

You can sage and not reply but I know you're talking about me faggot. BotW is better than your 2edgy souls game and you know it. Zelda has been revolutionizing the video game industry since 1995, probably before you were born.

You stay out of Zelda threads and I'll stay out of Dark Shit threads. Deal?

Do builds other than quality/dex work yet?

there's some str builds you can do with weapons like Yhorms, Great Axe, Milwood Axe, and some of the other DLC weapons - so STR has some more variety

in terms of magic or dark - there are options out there, dark has Onyx Blade now - and some nice dark magic / pyromancy.

Magic builds are viable and have a lot of variety of spells to pick from and a few weapons

it just depends what you're looking for gameplay wise

Dark souls ripped off like a lot of games, to include diablo, making the blood stain more iconic to the point that people don't remember that was in games before dark souls. They also ripped off berserk heavily when making every game, to include the berserk games for ps2.

I feel like they tried rehashing BB's thing where transformed weapons get another attack instead of your gun move, but it just comes out shitty when it's put into the context of, "this is the same weapon with more moves now."

I don't give a fuck what gay STR builds you do in your meme game, faggot.Don't reply to me while you're still shitposting in the Zelda thread.

I personally would love to see a Castlevania made in souls like game.

Be interesting if it was in the of Sorrow series, with actual souls unlocking new abilities too.

why are you still here LOL

did you tried doing a we wuz kangz cosplay?

that was me being a suicide bomber ambushing people with RTSR / Morion Blade with Chaos Bed Vestiges.

very fun - but frustrating when someone survives with like 15 health after doing 1200 damage in one hit. The built actually worked better with Crystal Soul Spear and a lot of INT - but it wasn't as satisfying because it didn't fit with the theme

Because I'm sick and tired of you faggots shitting up the Zelda thread. Breath of the Wild is a breath of fresh air in a stale industry, and you fucking edgelords saying it's just for "nintendo babbies" is ridiculous. Dark Shit has contributed nothing to this industry.

Is this the level of discourse to be expected here?

absolutely

Nice… wait CURVED GS IMPROVED!?

No, not like this.

So fucking what if I took the bait in the Zelda threads, I'm sick of it and I don't care if you think it's funny.

i hope they mean Murakumo and Carthus CGS - and not Exile - Exile really doesn't need a damage buff

It's the first thing I thought of, and foresaw people dying in merely 2 hits from its bullshit phantom range.

Black Knight UGS is fun because both of its strong attacks have launching capabilities. The two-handed strong attack has this tendency to hit multiple times while its being scraped across the ground if you're really close to an enemy. Its fun to bully nerds in heavy armor and make oversized humanoid enemies your bitch.

worthless scum

Right when DaS 3 came out, Miyazaki said there'd be 3 DLCs. They then changed it to 2 with the Season Pass.

Just throwing that out there.

I meant "its fun to bully nerds who are wearing heavy armor"

Which is what I was saying.

I enjoy Breath of the Wild, but you need to go be mad somewhere else.

Did they released artbook for ds3?

Why don't they make a physical version of bloodborne with the dlc on disc? Fuck.

Comes at the end of the month. Probably going to include stuff from the DLCs like the DaS2 artbook.

amazon.co.jp/DARK-SOULS-III-DESIGN-WORKS/dp/4047331945

Wait what does improved motion mean? Just faster attacks?

Maybe the animation plays better
Or yeah, it's faster.

They did. Game of the Year edition.

already better than Breath of the Wild

It's better than western cartoons

does anyone have a torrent or mega of dark souls 3?

Why the fuck do I hate the elite knight armor and love the knight armor in DS1? There's just something about it that rubs me wrong and I can't stand it.

I fucking hate DS2 with a fury like few others but dont lie, it does remove soul memory

Really nigga? It's soundtracks nothing amazing but it does have some bretty gud tracks theres

Menu Theme
Firelink
Vordt
Soul of Cinder is the goat
and the dark firelink theme

and say what you like about fanservice but when gwyn's theme kicked in during my first time fighting soul of cinder, shit hit me hard

No it doesn't. Are you retarded?

Have they fixed magic yet?
Have they fixed poise yet?

NO

Whoda thunk

I've been rocking the Valorheart for PVE\NPC fights and Gotthard Twin Swords for bosses with three miracle buffs(Lightning,Blessed,andDark blades) and am at the end of the story and wrapping up the Friede boss chain. Valorheart is actually really fun but the whole always blocking thing is a real fucking mixed blessing.
It's at this point I'm also realizing I have never done a magic run, is a pure int build fun to do?

Only in DaS. It's ridiculously inferior to melee in both 2 and 3.

The dungeon was a poor man's Tower of Latria, just like the Grand Archives was a poor man's Nightmare of Mensis. They just reused a lot of ideas.

Das 1 on pure int is sex when you offhand a sword or something strong, pretend like you're a ZAKU and fire upgrade an axe, shoot laser beams with your mind.

I think the dungeon's primary problem is that it just isn't scary. The only possibly scary parts are if you aggro too many of the wardens or cross-carrying guys that love to chimp out, but in general I think the area is intended more as an homage with similar (and not as good) ideas as Latria, rather than Latria 2: Electric Boogaloo.

And I never thought of the Archives being similar to Mensis but now that you mention it you aren't too far off I think.

Nah, not even. It was more like an intentional poor mans Dukes Archives, what with sliding book cases and levers and shit. But like everything post Irithyll it was rushed to shit so it feels completely fucking unfinished, even literally in that one space by the gargoyles on the roof.

That's where my thoughts went as well

nothing tops DSII's giant empty rooms though. What in the fuck were they thinking leaving so multiple areas just a grey, empty, room. Kind of sums up that game though

user probably meant the ring you can find in one of the DLCs that once you put it on, all souls go to it. It's not the removal of soul memory per se

I admit I like the Archives. Big area with tons of shortcuts and hidden nooks and crannies and it's mostly about moving up.

(witnessed)
There's some cheap jump scares with the screaming bodies. There's one good part though and that's the passive dragon-hybrid, that godawful mug staring you down in pitch black darkness legit freaked me out now that I remember it.

They screwed the pooch into a bloody pulp there. I don't think there's any room with any memorable "props" besides those two in the castle with Nashandra's painting and the needle shooting eyeballs.

forgot about the jump scare, I'll replay 3 again when the GOTY edition comes out next month. But still, relying on a spooky screaming corpse to startle you is different fromt Latria and seeing these mind flayers walking around ringing their bells and HOLY SHIT HE SAW ME AND THE BELL IS RINGING AND HOLY FUCK I'M FROZEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING TO ME AAAHHHHHHH

it's not even stylishly empty either, which is what I think they may have been going for, but because they were so incompetent with map design things just look like a Quake 3 map without the fun parts. I'll say that the walk up to the castle was kinda cool with how you exit the tunnel and it's pouring rain and storming outside, but the second you go in it's like they gave up on decorating. The fucking throne room is bare, not even in a cool deliberately spartan way, it's just… empty.

Similar to the area I believe after the Iron King boss. Go down the stairs to… a giant empty room. Oh boy.

The Latria experience is just one of a kind and it still holds up to this day. You get the idea from the Monumental that it's some fancy-nancy enlightened kingdom Ponyville kind of shit but then you actually get there and the ball starts rolling. Sound design is top notch - rattling of cell doors, occasional incoherent screaming, incense, someone singing and those bells you'll get Pavlovianly trained to fear. All this in a mostly dark green area under a starless night sky with a giant metal spider web looking thing over the place creates a genuinely oppressive atmosphere.
And then there's shit like the statue trap, the Baby Nail NPC and the actual boss (basically a non-jobber Pinwheel). And this is just 3-1.

Fuck the Man Eaters though. I can't for the life of me beat them without Thief Ring to keep one out of my back and a high stability shield to block that tackle. Flamelurker is a tutorial boss next to these bastards.

The best Zelda games are the ones not made by nintendo.

there is more creativity, story-building, scares, excitement and fun in 3-1 than there is in all of 2, I think. It sort of goes downhill a bit in the following sections but it's still top-notch. Valley of Defilement can suck my nuts though.

For the maneaters, I am not ashamed to say I just cheese the one through the fog gate with a bow. I know it's gay but whatever, sue me

3-2 has the blatant Berserk references with Ganishka's demon womb and the dead bodies in wheels, some pretty gross enemies and the first of a series staple.
World 3 is probably the hardest place to get a pure tendency and it's the one with the most stuff you can get from it.

The Valley has a interesting story but the first couple of bosses are crap (and I'd say the same for Garl since the game pretty much makes you fight him in that little pathway or get ganked by aids babies) and those super jews are quite the handful.
It is borderline funny to go through the place with a Adjudicator Shield, Blessed weapon and Regen ring that gives so much HP you completely negate the poison effect.

Anyone have any criticisms of bloodborne and/or dark souls 3? Them ajor issues I have with bloodborne is the need to grind for high level gems and runes when the runes should have been available in ng+ or something. THe gems are also not entirely needed as well and just encourage more grinding. Another issue is how you can only get one blood rock in every NG, two if you have the dlc, wthout using chalice dungeons. The chalice dungeons really turned an action rpg into more of a grindfest. Not to mention how strength weapons are rare compared to dexterity weapons that are usually much better.

The fps drops the game can go through during some fights if too much shit is going on.

That is another issue too. It gets especially bad when using arcane builds. I also forgot to mention how spongy a lot of the new game plus bosses get and the chalice dungeon bosses get without using those high level gems. The defenses and health should have just been lowered to get rid of the gems and make the game faster paced.

- fps drops as already mentioned
- not only does co-op trivialize boss fights, the netcode makes some (Amelia and Ebrietas in particular) just stand in place while 3 people beat the shit out of them. Egregious flaw after bosses like Fume Knight that can keep a trio of players on their toes the whole time.
- before the DLC there were very few build options with ARC being dogshit
- even with the DLC, poison/bleed builds are not a viable option
- chalice dungeons are a bore and the rewards are not worth it until you're in the final depth
- if you're a invader, you're pretty much fucked
- covenants are borderline useless and wield no unique rewards outside a gesture (you can kill Valtr for his helm) though the animosity gimmick is interesting
- there's nothing you can do for Gascoigne's daughters

As for Blood Rocks, by end game, you can get them from Insight vendors. 60 a piece. The game is now DaS2 tier generous with materials.

- most areas are dull and uninteresting to explore, game will feel like a chore at some points
- extremely linear
- few viable build options (DEX and Quality tower over everything else but the patch seems to improve on STR and FTH)
- almost every enemy seems to fall into either of these categories: quick dodgy types that chimp out on your face or behemoths that can delay attacks for absurd amounts of time and have near perfect tracking
- the lack of poise and being able to quick roll at 70% weight makes heavy builds a undesirable choice ("tanking" now revolves around using a weapon's hyper armor frames)
- two handing and heavy attacks add little to attack and might even offer worse DPS than R1 spam
- panders to DaS1 nostalgia way too hard, sad because it has some good ideas of its own (Sulyvahn, Age of Deep, Profaned Flame, Londor etc)
- invaders get a end of the stick even shorter than in Bloodborne
- two covenants work exactly the same way and neither works; you're better off taking a day to farm ears

My modest two cents. Might be forgetting some things and I don't want to name personal nitpicks like feeling Alfred's quest line is too short or I don't like the music in DaS3 as criticism.

I think it was fixed as in "it worked for a while some time ago". But wolf covenant not working, yes.

He's talking about the dark moon adherents. Really the fact that they took out indictments and instead opted for an easily changed covenant system that lets you opt in and out of summoning blue phantoms and the fact that ganks are usually already overpowered makes the covenant "broken." What they should have done is had the invasions made while under the dark moon covenants make you a blue phantom that invades a world that already has an invader to kill the invader for an ear. Doing so would make it simple to do the "aldrich vs dark moon" shit because invading in that place for blue boys would let them fight for their double rewards, and because AFs already have such a high invasion frequency they just get more challenge to their fights.
Wolf covenant doesn't work though yeah, the fact that it's only triggered by, "if someone steps in the water then they are a trespasser" is dumb bullshit, and it would probably have the AF invasion frequency if that was expanded to, "if you are in the crucifixion woods or swamp land."

This guy's christmas special made me smile.

Launch trailer.
Light on spoilers compared to their other trailers; basically the previous one with some extra stuff added in.

So much for the unnoticed furtive pygmy.

It's "the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten." As in, they made the game and realized the pygmy wasn't made a lord, they forgot all about him, and then they made him a DLC boss.

I really want to make a Ludwig cosplay build before the DLC drops.

Sounds doable. I remember that one absolute madman running around with a Alfred build, smacking people with a bonewheel shield.

that was me, it was the most fun I've ever had in DS3, I might make it again
I see the error of my ways, that is a much better garment for the executioner set lookalike.

Maybe the DLC will add some good new pieces. Sadly nothing comes close to the Executioner's robe (I just love how warm and comfy that thing looks).
I think the closest to a BB character I did was a Bloody Crow (Yuria's mask, Cornyx's robe and the Darkwraith gauntlets and leggings) though that wasn't intentional. But if magic is good, I might try a Church Servant. Seems pretty easy to pull off.

Side note, unless I got taken on a ruse cruise, it seems Ornstein's set got a little upgrade. Fuck that, From. I want a ponytail on Yuria's mask.

I went with friede's dress, but I wish the dress part was actually separate from the cloak.
I often thought that as I broke things upon the wheel.
I have to check this now, fuck you if it's not there.
well the fact that it's a helm ripped straight from bloodborne means they didn't do any extra work on it. What I'd really like is the vileblood queen helm, since she got Griffith's Cage, which otherwise I don't think appears in BB

I think the same thing about Yuria's dress. My beef with Friede's set is that the veil looks horrible with anything else, makes your character look like it has no neck. A feat considering every character looks like a giraffe.
Anyway, it's a thing I wish they'd copy from Dragon's Dogma - making capes a separate equipable.

Like I said, just found a couple of screens. I wash my hands. :^)

In the concept art, the helm as a ponytail which IMO looks a lot more stylish than the end result.

IDEA:
Bloodborne sequel (not directly) taking place in the (not) wild west. Same mechanics as Bloodborne, but with a different style and setting, with entirely different influences. conceptually, it makes sense, as Bloodborne took place in a fantastical rendition of the Victorian era, which just so happens to be concurrent with the Frontier period and the Wild West.
Rather than Gothic and Lovecraftian influences, it could draw from Colonial/Frontier folk tales and Native American mythology.
You could have old spanish-style chapels, wooden ghost towns and abandoned mining camps, vast underground caverns, Pueblo-style cliffside ruins, Snowy mountainous trails, etc.

I never really noticed that, I only ever run males so I've thought it looks like a nice habit
I think with all the cape porn in DS3 they realized how to make capes finally and wanted to flaunt it in every way, but since DS has always had a very heavy theme with their designs where you'd see a ton of metal rather than fancy capes and drapes about, it comes off as trying to do a metal bloodborne.

Speaking on fashion souls, look at this paladin I'm running

Remember though, all the lords started as Pygmies, and the Ringed City is a "City built for Pygmies"

At 40 Insight you start to see mexicans. Shivers…

In all seriousness, while that isn't a setting I particularly like, it would be interesting to see the formula applied to a setting that has little representation in these types of games.

Freakin' Smough's set. Not only is it probably the hardest thing to fashion in the entire series, almost every character looks ridiculous with it because of the default position of the arms and, for some reason, the whole thing seems to jiggle. This last one will always weird me out but I think the helm might be tied to head movement.

IIRC the pygmy was just "man" while the others were on a much higher status, so to speak. Thing is, the DaS1 prologue gives the idea that man was largely ignored, shrugged as insignificant but this DLC states, direct or indirectly, man was acknowledged by Gwyn and given a part of the world to reign.

That image is specifically why I tried to do religious smough warrior and after putting the armor on I realized immediately that smough has the worst set and does not have any type of muscle definition, it just looks like a fat suit you put on and it warps weirdly on your person

In a way, it is a fat suit. Judging by the concept art, he's apparently ripped under the armor. In that sense, I like the idea behind the armor but it looks terrible on the player and, unlike Dragon's Dogma, you can't edit your body enough to make it even passable.

Similarly, while it doesn't look unfitting, Velstadt's set looks goofy as fuck on a undead manlet. Now that was a short lived stat respec…
Speaking of DaS2, Ivory King is the classy Smough. Shame there isn't a pristine version of that armor.

The fat armor suit with a ripped guy inside is the berserk guy that went crazy when Guts bested him and injured his left side of his head.

I just want an armor fixer for DS1, just something to redo the armors and make them fit on the standard build in a visually appealing way

Thank you for making me long for something that will never happen.

It was a long time when I read the manga so I can't say for certain I recall that character. Is is the slug count's general or whatever? The guy that gets turned into a apostle spawn?

I will never play this game again unless they fix magic. I respecced to a mage for my third playthrough, and nothing is fun because spells are slow as fuck, but everything is Bloodborne fast. Only really effective for making boss fights shit easy.

Play DS1, it's easily found online for free
Speaking of that shite, does someone know where I can find a torrent for DS2 with all its garbage dlc?

The Oracle games are the best Zeldas

Beat it already. And once I was done, used the dragon head trick to level to 750 or something. Might replay some of it on PC. Does it have any good non-cosmetic mods? I'd imagine some autist must have gone out of his way to fix the terrible enemy placement in the second half of the game.

DS1 has nothing but cosmetics mods. They're all shitty though, and most of them are just joke recolors of armors.

Fucking how? I thought memesouls was full of autists?

Is there a torrent for the new patch yet? Kickass is acting funny.

the always online thing

Holyshit that's cancerous. I played nearly the entire game on 360 with no internet.

The souls fanbase is comprised of the people who like the games but understand they are just games and have massive flaws in many respects, people who think those flaws are challenges and the games are all masterwork, and the people who study the lore to define what a "souls like" experience "is"
the last two obviously wouldn't do more than cosmetically change how the game looks for "fun", and the first camp is too lazy to do more than really just play the game and get bored and move on like any persons who play vidya.

it's offline if you torrent, it's only online if you play with some third party drm shitter, and on top of that the game is only online truly when you have your humanity, which you won't for most of the game, because making yourself human is mostly retarded and a waste of resource, and the only time you should be human is when you want to fight an NPC for their shit, which I only ever do for Leeroy on my cleric builds, since he's got some sweet shit for str/fai

I used the Astora one for a little bit because I was doing a cosplay run once, that was pretty neat, since it's weapon art is a charge you see on the larger spears.

nito

So like the system in DaS 2? About fucking time. Why that wasn't in place from launch is beyond me.

Also, does this game still run subpar for anyone else? 8 GB RAM and a GTX 960 still only nets me 45 FPS. I'm still using an old Phenom II @ 3.5GHz, but that should be negligible.

Ds3 got a shite pc port, m80

This is a universal truth?

Man, disappointing.

It was a lot worse at launch
side note, Ornstien helm finally has his tassel

Miyazaki wracking his head on how to give the serious a satisfactory conclusion and then it finally hits him. Everyone will be so overjoyed they can finally live the full Ornstein experience, no one will say anything about the finale raising even more questions.

sage for double post
What the fuck works as a good golden ardeo? Nothing seems to feel good, I'm just going naked on my head here. I'm using the court sorc robe, cleric gloves, and herald trou, heavy bonewheel shield that I'm thinking about making dark for that arcane damage, but I don't know if dark scales more with both or is better just maximizing one of the magic stats at a time.

I'd say these are the closest.

I tried all of those and they all feel shit. I'm trying out the slave knight hood and for some reason I'm at least getting that good warm feeling I get when I see the ardeo from it.

I played with all the DLC weapons because they were leaked if you had CE. The dual ultra greatswords fucking rock.

Dark Souls 1 actually has some really fun mods - Permagravelord, Aggression, First person.

Not all of them are cosmetic.

SotFS was a re-release for xbox1 and ps4, there is no new console to warrant a re-release

Any leaks of the full player set equipped?

better pic from behind

No, you dumb person.
Smough was always based off of one of Mosgous's disciples. The one that had the wheel, if I remember correctly.
There was the one that was huge but had the cherub face, the plague doctor, and a bunch of pygmies

It only took three games and several DLC, From.

Ciaran's armor better be in the DLC, with cloth physics. The one fucking thing I wanted from the damn game was to be able to use that armor with a 2h UGS and not have to look at stretched vertices.

dataminers found a few more sets from DS1 so there's a chance it might be there, only half of the Ringed City stuff is in the files now so when the full update rolls around they might add it

not that I care, I only use EK

My biggest complain about ds2 dlc. They were fine but empty. I guess they were failing on schedule and decide that this i good enough. But they released "better version" and everything stayed the same, lazy fags.

Angel face? While I can slightly see the resemblance, angel face was ripped, not overly fat.

For me it's Oswald's set. But yeah, I know the feeling. Almost every damn DaS1 NPC set is in the game except for the one I actually want.

From what I gathered, there's a armor set from DaS2 and one that should be in the vanilla game - Ruin Sentinel and Dragonslayer Armor

Well, Smough's supposedly ripped under the armor.

There's weapon/spell showcase videos abound. Here's one with no PvE spoilers.

Putting that on my alfred character as soon as possible

Fuck.

My skull knight will be complete finally. That was the sword I was waiting for.

Here's a treat for you ashen cunts - all the armor sets. I watched a HUE video so you don't have to (tbh I cut the sound because besides his terrible pronunciation, he was spoiling the shit out of everything).

Waifufags, prepare to go nuts. From went all out for you…almost at the cost of everyone else, I dare say.

Missed a head piece because I'm a stupid faggot.

All these armors look like shit.

mai waifu
SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE MAIN GAME WHEN YOU KILL DRAGON SLAYER, FUCK
Does that mean the dragonslayer armor comes back in the dlc as a boss?
Also he looks like that crescent moon knight from berserk now that I look at him.

Shit taste. Excepting the "smough if he stabbed his heart with helena's nail from hellsing" armor, that shit looks ugly

The switch is meant to allow you to go poop without needing to stop your game.

They're shit.

Honestly, I'd gladly take even more DaS2 sets or, at least, something else over one of the waifu sets. If there's one thing that game got right, it was the fashion.

Side note, according to Sanadsk , the unused Burial Knight set was a prototype for Vilhelm and was replaced by his set. The set was removed from the game files with the AoA update and Vilhem's code name is "funeral knight".

I'm expecting every memelord with a turquoise fat guy to be using that thing.

Fextralife wiki has some info, if anyone's curious about key items, NPCs, boss names and item descriptions. Dataminer leak was complete bull.

Maybe the surcoat? I like seeing the chestplate so I never wear the elite part for the torso.

I guess I just wish it was more padded so it looked like it was filled with metal, but every time I look at it I can't stand it.

I knew he was in this game, but jesus christ, the first boss? He's also incredibly easy, the giants outside gave me no troubles either. Is this the game people shilled for every thread? Every enemy so far has been either man sized and pathetic or a giant that does good damage, but is slow enough to keep up with. This is like shitting on everything in DS1; the first area had one drake, and the boss of the area was a big demon, while the enemies were all man sized, with some bad asses thrown in for flavor.

So, in terms of balance, which weapons are useable since the last patch? The dagger, katana and greatlance changes in particular interest me.

Ornstein's optional. The "standard" progression is going against the last giant first. I don't know where you've seen the game being shilled because it's almost universally reviled.

Allegedly, there's a new covenant in the DLC and it's basically Looking Glass Knight 2: Boss Gank Boogaloo

Oh. Was I supposed to wait to kill him until later? He felt just as easy as the dragon rider.

He's just guarding the Blueberries and their arena.

They would need to redo almost every area and most bosses to make the game not complete trash.

Now I'm completely unsure if I'm on the right path. Did I overlevel or something? I'm keeping my stats around the same point, 17 strength, 17 faith, 10 dex, 10 vit, 10 end, 16 vigor, and I just killed pursuer on my first try with a fat rolling paladin. Wearing Old Knight armor, but I still feel like I shouldn't be demolishing bosses like this. Last giant also got destroyed, but since that was the first boss and I had already killed what seems to be hard optional shits, I figured I was just too good already for that. But pursuer was like this hyped up fight for some reason. DS2 is like a long version of DS3 it feels like already.

its working as intended user.

better video regarding poise

Poise only works for trades? What a piece of junk.

Poise was a mistake to begin with and a crutch. Which is why their is no Poise in any of the other games. Turning it into a type of hyper-armor is a fair trade off.

It did, it was called Bloodborne. But bamco wanted another shitty sequel and souls sequels dont fucking work because they are lowbrow "it happened… again?!?" 90's summer movie tier plot development that never needs to happen and only serves to downplay events of past games with a shit sequel thats 90% nostalgia milking. DS3 was shit, the last dlc was shit and i bet this will be but i uninstalled the game.

Poise made it possible to fight ganks and lessened r1 spam because of the ability to poise tank and parry. Now that there is no poise parrying is much more dangerous and results 2 hit combo.

No poise souls effectively dumbs down the game. Deal with it.

You're more or less right, especially the "long" part

(checked)
you faggots will never understand the beauty of tanking any and all attacks while launching your own flurry of heavy hits. There's nothing more stimulating than relying on the armor to protect you and your knowledge of attack safe zones to take moments to chug or strike. Shields working the way they do and parries were mistakes. Poise was great because it made the armor work as it should, and enemies with little knives couldn't push you around like you were naked.

(checked)
If you poised and still relied on parries then you are the real scrub.

If you think countering low skill play is reliance then you should be right at home in ds3 pvp.

It's simple irrefutable fact, poise improved the game and made attacking require more thought than, I hit the enemy twice. I'm sorry if you can't parry user, like I said you're more suited to the dumbed down pvp of the later games than DS1.

I think the dumb one is you, buddy.

Like I said I'm sorry you can't parry user. But no need to get all sour grapes on me.

So what, you're either bad at the game or some super peeveepee honor fag? How mad did you get when your honorable r1 spam got parried in ds1 user? Either way your opinion is unimportant.

How do you deal with cheaters?
Every second arena or invasion there is a cheater who afraid to lose. Fuck this cancerous faggots.

Jesus fucking christ. 17 minutes to learn one mechanic of the game and then you have to memorize the frames and poise damage for all the weapons. What a shit fucking game.

Find a cliff then pray.

Unless it's arena in that case good fucking luck m8.

????
Your projection is way too strong, you need to calm down a bit. Parries have been shit since demon's and the fact that you use a system that is the real crutch of the series is more telling of your skills than mine. I have gone through many hours of playing without thinking about parrying because the game only necessitates it if you're shit.

I just can't. Why is this game so fucking bland? I remember playing when it came out and liking it, but clearly that was just the honeymoon phase.

I'd rather play the other three games than play 3. Here's hoping the DLC is at least somewhat interesting.

iktfb, though usually i quit in the road of sacrifices

DS3 is only good for the fashion, and DS2 is making me realize that there are a lot less fashion choices in DS3 than there should be.

I felt the same way about Bloodborne

good thing there's plenty of other exclusive games for me to enjoy on my PlayStation 4

™ :^)

I cheat right back. Usually black crystal them out.

iktfb
I've only completed it three or four times. I just get frustrated or bored and put it away. I'm not even sure I'm even going to play the second DLC since I didn't even finish the first one. Swarms of enemies with poise all aggroing at once, big areas with fucking nothing, enemies that hit stupid hard and fast for no good reason, retarded and terrible platforming, no real sense of direction, it's like they felt they had to combine all the weakest aspects of the previous games into one fucking area.

So I finished Nioh and am about halfway thru BB. Is there a Souls worth picking up after being spoiled or will I hate it? Tried DaS before, but the story wasn't worth gitting gud to me.

Playing the game on hard mode is now

Great.

The story in DeS is nice and 1&2 are worth playing.

hey man just think of all the damage reduction they'll get

Frogmouth Greathelms are back.
Fuckin finally.

what the fuck is this supposed to say? or is it just b team memery

At least dex havels won't get to be the bitches they always were.

Just realized one of those is the ruin sentinel set, but it's black instead of gold. God I hope they don't redo ruin sentinels, those shits were annoying as all hell.

I don't know. DaS III is ok but I preferred Bloodborne and DeS.

I hope this is sarcasm
the PS4 is known as the bloodborne machine for a reason, or at least before this year. Besides P5, 2.8, and Berseria there's not much on the PS4 besides upcoming KH3, and I think that will be multiplatform

Well, their intentions are shit then.

Damn. Might as well wait for the GOTY version.

Get more equip load, faggot. You're overburdened.

Dark Souls III has an unforgivable lack of waifus and lewd clothing.

No shit dickless, I'm not very high up there yet.

How fast are greatswords now? I have that one thrusting ultra greatsword but never used it much besides getting it to level 10. What about curved greatswords? Did the exile get nerfed or buffed?

There's videos of the Ringed City boss fights all over YT now. Couldn't resist taking a peak.
I'll just say it's what I expected - shit that makes Friede look tame. Ya know, that boss that would be fuckin' bananas even for Bloodborne.

why must they make me wait.
Atleast it gives me time to finish Ariandel on my new character, was thinking of picking up the Rose this time to see if it can make some miracles viable.
Unfortunatley I already blew the souls of Nameless and Cinder on their respective weapons so probably not much of a point there

Can I enjoy my Bkgax again? It's been my favorite weapon in Souls ever since I beat the fuck out of Gwyn with it for the first time.

the flame gargoyle boss that everyone and their grandmother knew would be a hyper bloodborne boss because from doesn't know how to capture the magic of DS1 or demon's souls? Yeah, great.

I'm starting my skull knight over and putting points into int and faith this time for the ringed city straight sword chaos type scaling.

Did DS3 have the best character customization in the franchise? I remember the customization in 2 being shit, but I don't remember 1 very well.

I did make this recently.

Ds3 has the most minutely allowed customization. DS2 has the worst one of them all really.

His head looks photoshopped on, that's pretty funny. It also looks like Chris Tucker.

Don't forget that it's a 2 on one two phase fight just to make things extra shitty.
Now while I don't know for certain, I can safely assume that they're going to be tanky as fuck as well, so we get to ook forward to a total slugfest where you'll most likely die when the high damage poorly telegraphed grab will eat your entire health bar unless you're embered

WE WUZ CHOSEN UNDEAD

every time

That might be the tamest of the bunch. The end boss is basically Martyr Artorias of Kos and the optional one is Shin Kalameet hopped up on goofballs.

This is one of my many beefs with DaS3. I feel they fell for the AAA meme of making things bigger and flashier so what comes after has to topple that. The vanilla game already has shitloads of chinese girl cartoon shit with swords making fire skidmarks or the Nameless Asshole doing Naruto dust cloud ninja runs and they can't dial down after that. You can make things difficult without resorting to that kind of shit; take the Lothric knights and their shield bash, it's simple but a game changer for people who thought they could just circle them all day.

Wins by default simply for allowing retouching it.
Speaking of which, I might give one of my characters some cosmetic surgery.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0

woo boy, this is going to be interesting. Also that one catalyst that's in the dlc looks kind of like the big scythe Logarius used so maybe someone can put that together with something that looks like the drake sword and make a logarius cosplay.

Fucking yes, shit like Pontiff Sully or Friede doesn't fucking belong in damn game where you're supposed to be heavily armored and deliberate with your swings, and what they did with the Lothric Knights was fucking great for something like this, they punished your tactics without getting to anime. The Cathedral Knights were another good example, where if you were too slow they would buff their weapons and would shrek you with that lingered explosion that while telegraphed by the light could also be overlooked by people with tunnelvision. Unfortunately it seems like they abandoned this idea once they reached the Catacombs with their fucking ninja flipping skeletons and it got worse in Irithyll with enemies that would have huge attack strings forcing you to spam dodge roll since it'd be impossible to block it all.

because they don't, in fact the games are really causal once you learn how to play but the whole point of the game design is to force players to learn to get better at paying attention. Its a gateway drug to more advanced games but nobody thinks they are truly the hardest games. Just hard relatively compared to the shitty games being produced in the modern area. Hidetaka Miyazaki took a minor in sociology. The whole point of all his games if you read his interviews is to try to force players to learn how to overcome obstacles without hand holding. That is also why people are huge fans of Hidetaka Miyazaki because once you understand his design philosophy then it clicks. It forces players to read item descriptions and learn the mechanics. So in this regard its a good educational tool for taking the casual gamer and turning them into a more dedicated gamer. For example Dark Root Garden and the Moonlight butterfly is all designed to teach players the value of rolling vs the value of shields. Where you have slow stone Giants that cast tranquil walk of peace forcing players to use their shields but at the same time they have very slow attacks that are easy to predict and Iframe otherwise. However then you fight the Butterfly it forces you to basically to use Iframes to avoid the magic. The game teaches players how to play without them being aware they are learning.
Because the whole modus operandi behind the design is about teaching players to be better gamers. If you are persistent and pay attention the games eventually get easier because each encounter is a learning experience. The game essentially teaches you to "GIT GUD", so the more you play the games the easier they seem in hindsight. That is why often spoonfeeding is found upon because if you stick with it the will force you to get better. It's like a training exercises.

Its straighten was the invasion system and Co-opt. Having to hunt the player through the whole stage really made it much more appealing. Same is sorta for the Blue Phantoms, they couldn't just fight the boss they where forced to help with the whole level essentially and the Phantoms role often was to defend from the Red stalker. The biggest issue with DeS is without a doubt the Frame Rate. Would Tendency was a cool idea but it needed a way to be a bit more reliable and as it was currently implemented, once people figured out how it worked, it encouraged offline play.
The biggest strength was the world design and PvP but invasion suffered because it was essentially locked away behind a late game boss which lead to the invaders being more advanced players. This wasn't as big and issue with DeS because lower level players had access to the Black eye stone relatively early in the game.
biggest issues was the map design, iframes being tied to leveling up agility which hurt the fun factor low level playthroughs and Soul Memory which killed PvP and Co-op. The lore being shit also was a slap in the face to fans but it was secondary to the other issues. Bonfire Ascetics and NG+ having new enemies was a good addition and its easily the best optimized game on PC in terms of performance.
Its actually pretty good, people are just burned out and nitpicking.
is an example of why the "Souls" series should never take place in the same setting and each game should be a new iteration of the formal. The only issue with BB is how the Bell maiden gets in the way of PvP (along with PS4 having Payed online being the reason why I don't bother with PvP or Co-opt at all). Oh and being 30 fps is not so great but aside form a few places its much more stable so the game is still fun and playable

I'm trying to avoid mayor spoilers for Ringed City but the beginning of this trailer has the Painting Woman. While its wishful thinking what if the Ringed City adds some content to Painted World of Ariandel?

lol
it was easy to make an ugly character but it also was the best in terms of fine tuning. Some of my best looking characters where from DkS.

but user those are two of the best bosses in the whole series. It sounds like you just need to get gudder.
is as if you never played Demon's Souls.
:^)

strength*

But those enemies don't flip, they just roll towards you. The ones in the DaS3 catacombs literally do backflips and throw kunai at you in midair. If you wanted to make a comparison you should have brought up the thieves in the lower Undead Burg

reddit memes

Most casuals I know absolutely can't beat any Souls game, they talk about them like they're "insane hard" & I'm some sort of super autistic nerd for enjoying them.

Is what they say.

The concept of "practice makes perfect" is completely lost on the current generation.

but the inference form the post I was responding to implied their gripe was with not being able to sword and board tank their way through the game. That the bosses where "too fast" and it did not respect heavily armored tank play and "forcing you to spam dodge roll". Bonewheel skeletons and Sliver Skeletons in DeS (where there was no poise whatsoever) are both examples of where tanking the hits was not advisable and well timed dodging was appropriate. The designers clearly don't intend you to play with fat rolls which is why they are so lenient with armor weight requirements. In DkS they added the Mid roll and Poise because it was a way of making the game more welcoming to new players.

darksydephil beat dark souls, Slowbeef from Retsupurae beat it. Lobos Jr's Brother beat Dark Souls. Most e-celebrity "casuals" that I've seen eventually beat dark souls. The people you are talking about are likely not gamers and probably couldn't finish Kirby's Dreamland.

sad but true

they really aren't that hard if you figure them out (the games "click" like the other user was saying) but there are parts that have caused me to want to murder someone in each of the games. The funny thing is that I tell my friends about them and I hear someone else say they struggled in a completely different part that I demolished, whereas they demolished the part I struggled at.

Plus the games are cozy and comfy as fuck.

That said, without sounding too elitist, the casuals around me all hype up the DARK SOULS IS THE HARDEST GAME EVER meme because they're used to games holding their hand and being overly generous with everything. Most modern games are just way too fucking easy and railroaded that the second something provides any challenge it blows their mind. Note that these are the same people that say Breath of the Wild is ACTUALLY PRETTY HARD, user

If someone has some legitimate trouble with the game, and they ask for help, they should not receive GIT GUD as a response. If someone says, "hey, I'm new to this game, I recently made it to the goat demon on the bridge but he destroys me every time" and you respond with LOL GIT GUD you're a fucking retard who should have his hands shoved in magma and forced to endure the smug musings of a group of faggots who prod you for your inability to endure the pain.

Basically, "GIT GUD" is the response you give to the faggots who say Dark Souls should have an easy mode and not to the people who are actively trying to play the game. I only point this out because sometimes people respond that way if people simply don't know what to do or otherwise need help.

no nigger you don't get spoonfeed you entitled brat. The challenge of the game is to force you to learn. If someone is giving you solutions to the problems then you are not learning and ostensibly cheating yourself out of any value the game provides. If someone is having " legitimate trouble with the game" then they are mentally retarded and should consider the helium technique and reduce the surplus population.
if you need to ask for help then you are not actively trying to play the game.

It's not all hopeless. The other night I watched a dude on a blind-playthrough take down Nameless King. The dude had no grasp of most of the games mechanics, was just R1-spamming with a lightning-infused flamberge of all things, but watching his struggle was actually a little bit encouraging. It took him ~28 attempts, and you could actually watch the incremental increase in his ability as he plugged away at it and osmosed Nameless' patterns.
His ultimate attempt was a near-flawless victory with machine-like clutch rolling and attack timing.
If more people stuck with it like that, whether they're generally shit players or not, they'd all eventually succeed just like he did.

I can't tell if people just underestimate the human ability to adapt to absolutely anything, or if they just don't have the fortitude to soldier on through a defeat without suffering ego collapse.

You're a fucking retard, there's nothing wrong with asking for help with the game, and just because you got through it without asking anyone else or taking someone's assistance doesn't give you free license to act like a smug and self satisfied cunt. Additionally, you don't need to give people outright solutions to problems in order to help them, you can give them advice or vague answer that point them in the right direction.

My complaints were about the barely any windup attacks on Pontiff Sullyahn, especially his first stage. The second half is actually easier in my opinion but him flash stepping everywhere was fucking awful and the sword poke that punishes anyone trying to get a fucking hit in. With his stand atleast you know what the actual pontiff is gonna do before he does it.
As for Friede I've actually seen a lot of people compare her to Allant and I call pure bullshit. Allant is a lot more deliberate and manageable, especially with his dashes, he had shorter combos you could shield reliably or dodge reliably because his attacks just didn't keep going, the projectiles left im open and he didn't immediately do a backflip or sidestep after them allowing you to smack him for doing that, meanwhile Friede can just fucking fly across the room like Logarius which is OK for Bloodborne but not as much for Souls where you're stuck being relatively slower. The fact that the enemies can do that too are just fucking awful, not just because I can't tank my way through but because even if I'm doing an agile build they can just keep jumping and throwing Kunai before doing a no windup corkscrew dive which unlike what the Skeltals in DaS had this one seems to have a sloppier hitbox and is on a strong enemy for that part of the game.

My complaint is that From seems to have gone SPECTACLE with their opponents which while alright for Bloodborne just doesn't jive with Souls, and you wind up having to try and emulate a BB character with spamming dodgerolls and getting a few hits in but also don't have a safer bullet parry that game had to relieve some of this trouble, and it seems the latter you get in the game the more and more this becomes apparent

Yeah that's my point. The redeeming value of the game series is it forces players to get better at the game. Each build will have different challenges. What is easy for a Int build might be very hard for a Str build and visa versa. For example the first time I played DkS used the zweihander and O&S where ridiculously easy because Ornstein is easy to stagger. It all depends on your build which bosses will be easy and which will be hard.

Yes but the game is designed to teach you. If you skip the step of learning and ask for the answers then you don't get better at the game. You are just angry because you are an entitled brat. Typical special little snowflake.

but their is. You just need to look for other tells. The tells in DkS3 are just more subtle because they often are not telegraphed in the arms but rather the hip and shoulders. Think of it like Mike Tyson's punch out where you need to look for a wink. If you only look at the hands you will miss the "tell" every time. The only enemies I can think of that have no windup are in Dark Souls 2. Sounds like you just haven't taken the time to actually learn the tells. Pontiff and Friede are amazing boss fights because all of the attacks are predictable once you understand the fight. Do you think a SL1 run would be possible if they where as unfair as you make them out to be?
but you don't need to spam dodgerolls you just need to get better at timing your rolls. It seems to me you might be in fact spamming too much then complaining that you got hit because you are frustrated. If you take the time to learn the tells and time your rolls you don't need to spam.

Absolute fucking retard.

Pontiff is a really shitty stupid fucking fight. You can hold forwards and slightly to the right and 90% of his attacks will miss you 100% of the time. I've beaten him without parrying or dodge rolling or blocking by doing that and mashing r1.

On top of that, shorter-range weapons like the dark fist and daggers won't hit him if you're locked on because your character tilts backwards and aims at his torso which is out of reach because you can't move closer than his legs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's easily in the top 5 fights in the game, but the Dark Souls 3 boss tier list is like
Twin Princes
Soul Of Cinder
Trying to drink dog diarrhea
Pontiff
etc

I can't comment on Freide because I couldn't slog through the DLC. I got bored and played 2 instead.

If anyone wants to try the DLC now there's a version up on trackers that has DSIII and both DLCs up.

wow son at least try to pretend not to be so salty after getting btfo.

do you have a single fact to back up that claim? Your antidote is merely hearsay. Prove it, post a video of you hold forwards and slightly to the right. which would also be contrary to what eeb160 was complain about so even if you are telling the truth its still a win for me

I kinda like Pontiff but it's mostly for the character itself and the second movement of his theme is one of the few tracks that I like. And true, he's free to circling. My first run was shieldless so it was getting stomped until I figured it.

Most bosses in the game tick me off. Dragonslayer Armor would be my favorite if it weren't for the off screen bullshit and Champion Gundyr would be fun if he'd just calm his tits for 5 seconds.
As for Friede, her first phase is just a formality once you learn her tricks (a formality that can still tear you a new one), the second is more about keeping an eye on her as you beat Ariandel and the third is basically a rabid Lady Maria if the whole fight was her own third phase, could turn invisible and had an area five times larger to run around while coating the entire place on AoEs. Solo, she's a fuckin' nightmare, with a partner she's challenging but fair and with 3-5 people, she's a punching bag.
On my end, I call another guy (the AI summon isn't reliable) to spitroast her but I've joined some nun gangbangs; she gets bullied into a corner and stays there as five guys smack her around with their pointy things.

I'd rather be salty than a sweet-ass bitch boy cock stuffed faggot any day. Go suck a dick, princess :^)

wew kiddo, there is no safe-space here. Maybe you ought to head back to Neogaf or Reddit.

Amazing you can type while your manhandler stuffs your ass full of nigger semen. You must have a resilient pelvic floor.

Time to be motherfucking GARO.

enjoy (you)r filter queer.

good riddance, you cockgobbler.

Oh jolly.

God fucking damnit codex.

can't. unable to run OBS and DS3 at the same time. just try it yourself. hold the right analog stick at 1:30. it's similar to how you handle the pursuer in dark souls 2.

Yeah. Dragonslayer Armor would be a super fun fight if the offscreen bullshit didn't exist, or if, at the very least, the damage from the offscreen bullshit didn't scale inversely with framerate. I should not lose 80-100% of my hp while at the hp softcap to a single offscreen projectile.

Oh and if they either got rid of the shield or removed the fact you always bounce off it. Bosses that can delay the fight for an arbitrary length of time are no fun. I hated Dragonrider doing it and I hated Sif doing it.

I mean sure you can break the guard with stance which is yet another reason you should only be playing this game with a greatsword or straightsword but that's not so much an improvement of the fight as a condemnation of the game's variety

I just remembered I havent beat this game yet. I lost interest in it pretty quickly for some reason and I dont know why. Also invading was a pain in the ass, which is normally what I would settle on when I get sick if pve.
Were the dlc's any good?

Final DLC came out today, ask again in a week or two.

First DLC was lukewarm at best terrible at worst.

Aw.
I guess I'll beat it at some point. I didn't think it was bad, I think that after 4 games of the same thing maybe I've had enough. The one thing that pisses me off about 3 is that you can't really go where you want at first and grab all of the shit you want to get.

Exactly why Miyazaki said this'd be the last in the DaS lines. He said that in the future they will probably do another similar game, when there's a lack of games like it on the market. Hopes on DeS2 or BB2, or possibly something sci-fi/cyberpunk like.

Poise doing nothing for a long time didn't get you peeved?
The physical defense stat not being used in damage calculation didn't make you mad?
Spellcasters and spells being a waste of time didn't grind your gears?
Straightswords being the only class worth using didn't infuriate you?

There's loads and loads and loads of stuff Dark Soul 3 got wrong. The world map literally being a linear fucking hallway is only scratching the surface of the tip of the iceburg.

Well I didnt wanna bitch but yeah.
Wait what??

The slugs in the swamp are the only enemy in the game that uses physical defense when calculating damage. Nothing else did.

My mind is blow to shit

So, is the new DLC any good?

Jesus Christ the fucking angels.

Better than Ashes of Ariandel, by a longshot. The final fight alone against Gael makes it better than Ashes.

Still a frustrating DLC. All the two-shot enemies, mobs, and the fucking angels(yes I know you can rid them by destroying the caster), really took a toll on my patience, especially given the "working as intended" poise system.

Overall the DLC is a solid 7/10.

holly shit there is lore reasons why Desert Sorceress are in the DLC
Earthen Peak is in the remains of the Ash citty

Its the tits m8

How are you playing it already?

Maneater Mildred was my favorite.

Fuck now I need to play this game again.

What other games are like DaS/DeS?

Holy shit, invading as a Spear of the Church with the Paired Greatswords is almost cheating.

Just hit R1 twice, then hit the special. Nobody can power through that because poise is broken, and nobody can stun you because poise is broken. Fully expect these bad boys to get nerfed right fucking quick. There is almost no way to beat these things outside of chip damage.

nioh

I can't access the dreg heap bonfire warp. I keep getting stuck in a loading screen after using both the bonfire in friede's room and the kiln of the first flame. I've reset my ps4 twice and I'm still stuck. Is anyone else having this problem?

The series is just long at this point.
Demon's, Dark, 2, 3, and Bloodborne.

I dont think they planned on making 5 games when Demon's was so experimental.

king's field

Zelda

how the fuck do you beat Midir

The better question is how do you open the gate that leads to Midir?

have you talked to the woman behind the door?

mash r1

More importantly, where the fuck is the entrance

look for statues without weapons

Yeah.

I actually just looked it up. Had no idea there were guides out already on some of these secrets/optional areas. Will give Midir a go right now.

i mean to the DLC

(checked)
Yes
Beat one boss and LAPP is my new favorite NPC. This DLC already is shaping up to maybe be potentially better then The Old Hunters just because of all the secrets I am finding.

Not going to lie, I'm a little pissed

Fuck Midir. The antithesis of fun.

I've never felt such a dissatisfaction fighting a boss since the King's Pet's in DaS 2.

Not bad. But goddamn angels, fucking angels everywhere.

When I sniped one with a bow at range I felt like I was cheesing the fuck out of the Angles but then it respawsn. then you find an alternative path

why is this thread auto saging?

finally beat Midir, and now I'm having tons of fun ruining the DLC for other people.

It passed the bump limit.

At what SL are you tackling this? The wikia is saying SL100+, presumably NG. My characters are all finalized at SL120 and in NG++. Fun times ahead, I wager.

Also, are there any unique things for Lord of Hollows? My builds are "done" and the Dark Sign expunged so I'll likely have to make another character because that damn quest line requires going up 5 levels.

The Ringed City's difficulty seems like it was made by a literal 12-year old as a "hardcore" mod.
Very clearly not scaled for NG+.

are any of the DLCs intended for NG+? I remember people saying the old hunters was bananas like that too

First boss' final form has 20k~ health

I cleared it at SL110 on NG+ and nothing was really too ridiculous with the exception of one boss, although scaling between NG and NG+ is pretty insignificant so I can't really say what it would be like in your case.

Am I actually supposed to know who the fuck "Slave Knight Gael" is?

>MFW HE HAS A SECOND FORM

Fighting Midir was fun. I think it was even funner than his grandpappy, Kalameet

I know who he is, it's a rhetorical question, faggot.

How retarded does one have to be to play the DLCs out of order.

oh shit, the painting is on fire

let's hope it's fucking worth it.

I soldiered on but clearly remember the absurd difference between the DLC and vanilla game when it came to NG+ scaling. And BB's NG+ is notorious for making everything a damage sponge; even with a weapon all decked out with +27% damage gems, bosses still took ages to kill. I was honestly expecting From to patch that shit.

I'm expecting it to be like it was in AoA - the DEX character will manage well since a "pure" build can have high survivability and high damage output on their stat of choice but the others (Paladin and Pyro) are gonna have a tough time ahead; hybrid builds in this game have to be planned with autistic craft and they're still gonna lag behind.
I'm expecting Midir to be a nightmare for my pyro since I bet he's extremely resistant to both fire and dark.

>proceed to poise hyperarmor through they're weakened attacks

For a moment I thought this would have been just as unfair as regular invasions.

You did a very good job expressing it as one.

Do the spears get like anti gank powers or something?

You gain more protections for each enemy player, and for reaching level 1 in the covenant. You also get a nice item that only you can use; it doesn't cost any focus to use and has S scaling in every stat, only drawback is that it has a cooldown.

Yep. Bosses are suppose to be more spongy when there are more phantoms. It also feels like hyperarmor has been improved.

Does it function like the old monk?

No, you're summoned automatically and you don't sit and wait in the boss room for eventual action

you need a covenant item

so it works like a better old monk

Yep. I only wish From kept the boss invasion glitch active just a little longer so that it could collide with this.

Got only black screen after placing banner after demon prince boss fight. I booted game, now it's just stuck on loading screen.

Anyone got same bug and solved problem?

Platform?

PS4

I can't wait to actuate some faggots

ew

Just started with DEX build. The weapon weight changes already fucked me over.
SL120 at NG++; my damage output is good…but the enemies' is absurd. Everything hits like a truck and I'm finding myself just yoloing the shinies. Seems caution doesn't matter much in the swamp when you got angels bombarding our ashen ass non-stop as there's little places to hide at some points and their distraction is very brief. To properly clear the area, I think I'll need to pelt everything with arrows.

Or you can just kill it

Why are you trying this in a ng+

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Skull knight has entered the DLC finally, I hope I can get the weapon I want really fast like.

I know it's stupid (doubly so because my DEX character runs shieldless) but I'm not in the mood to start a build on purpose for this. I have my sights on a fat roll tank build but I'm doing that in DaS1 where it's actually fun.

The swamp already pushed my patience to its limit. I'm no stranger to being stuck on something for hours but when it's this sort of bullshit, I don't take long to chimp out.
Currently stuck on the fire bats. A celebration of two of my favorite things in DaS boss fights - being ganked by dipshits that couldn't fight their way out of a paperbag by their own and camera fights. Oh joy!

What a god damn waste, it could've been something unique

Nice of you to not read the thread.

The fuck does the wall mean by this? I'm actually interested because I combed the swamp and couldn't find anything unusual or like a key item, except for a Bloodborne magic style item and the wearable Dragonslayer Armor

mimicry required ahead
in short, try swamp

I saw that shitty message and I cleaned the place out, I even killed the giant and just got a hidden blessing for my troubles. Is there another area further on?

alright, i'll just outright say it
you can use the chameleon spell/birch branches to disguise as a humanity phantom

It's a little more than just that, you become the boss

please leave

you haven't found the "Critical Foe" yet? It removes the bastards that summon the angles permanently.

ops I forgot to ask. Should I summon him?

is that a thing? These faggots are relentless, they just fucking keep shooting at me and I gotta sit and wait to get two seconds of them looking away to run

Yeah, I found them all. Their hidey holes all require putting our ashen asses on the line. I died more times in this bloody swamp than in Sulyvahn and Nameless put together.
At the Ringed City right now; seems being shot at a million times is this game's theme. And that's the least of it, people who bitched about DaS2's infamous corridor gauntlets, would have a stroke here. All in all, it's the finest sprint marathon simulator I've played.
The area is gorgeous though. Probably the best looking one in the game.

As for calling Gael, depends on the game cycle and on your own damage output. Personally, I prefer to take my chances with a human player.
Similarly, between Gael and Lapp, the later is much more reliable against the demon duo.