steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889103214
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_music_and_sounds
moddb.com/mods/stalker-com/addons/alkiroths-com-overhaul
pastebin.com/aTuEFRfq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just started playing OGSE I don't like it

Ray of hope when?

Has anyone ever managed to stay alive for longer than a week in master ironman, or is the challenge just impossible to complete? I've been trying to do this for a half week now and I'm having absolutely no luck in surviving for longer than two days.

Never
Ever

Their forums are still active but can't read the vodkarunes section.

I've beaten story mode on master ironman three times now. It's not hard if you're willing to exofag, but there's always the chance you'll get jewed and insta-killed when loading.

What don't you like about it?

Gunslinger

WHEEEEEEEEEN?

Around 2022 the project will be abandoned, and the existing work will be released as-is. The vast majority of it being useless and impossible to port into other mods due to all of the engine hacks they had to do to get all of the extra features working. A handful of the weapon models will be ported to STCoP, and that will be Gunslinger's legacy.

Ain't no cheeki without dat breeki

I would cheeki a bloodsucker.

Get in here stalker, the bandits invited you to the dance floor

I made a "better" version of my autism-fest.

Why do we live?
Just to suffer?

Come on lad, other than that, Its a pretty decent.

Just needs weapons

What the fuck is even happening with RoH at this point?

am i the only one here who plays CoP vanilla?

At least there's a big bolt.

After completing them? I guess.

Chernobyl and Pripyat are fine on vanilla dude.

clear sky on the other hand…

Well CoP is fine vanilla, SoC is MUCH better off with the bugfixes from ZRP (if you consider bugfixes proper "mods")

private party only, stalker

What mod is that?

I started playing SoC for the first time the other day and I'm amazed at how well it runs on my dual core 2GHz toaster. Are the other games this well optimized?

I just came here to say that the Red Forest continues to be fucking terrifying and my butthole clenches with enough force to be considered an anomaly whenever I go through it.

also ray of hope when?

anybody have that "get over here stalker" where its a half naked big guy in a gas mask?

gib mod compilation pics, I grabbed a good one not too long ago but misplaced it.

cheeki.violates.me/

Hay of rope?

hes ded btw

ere you go

shoker was botnet?

CS and CoP needed better video cards than SoC, but the CPU requirements are pretty similar.

How do I change scopes on the g36 in CoC? Or is it bugged?

I wish the STALKER game was closer to the film.

Yeah
F

I would prefer a thoughtful mod like that.

If it was anything like the movie it would be a walking simulator mate.

suicide yourself

Doesn't necessarily have to be.

No, they really, really aren't. The shit balance and half-assed broken mechanics like time_to_aim ruin any semblance of decent gunplay.

So I was planning on playing STALKER. I've played it before, and got pretty far, but I never beat the game completely, and I don't remember it that well. With these things in mind, I'm kind of treating it as a second play through. What mods should I download to update the game experience and make it better, but still keep it fairly vanilla?

AA 2.1 is pretty close to Vanilla+

Can I get sauce on that pic?

Radiation Tester
As someone who's into rape, it was too rapey for my tastes.

hitomi.la/galleries/645146.html

No such thing for me fam; some of my favorites include Girl Slave School and the works of Tsukusun. Thanks guys!

Stop posting anytime nigger

Are you retarded? You should be tweaking every mod you play to get it perfect. There is literally no reason to play the game "vanilla" when it's so easy to fix.

Whats wrong with clear sky?

Oh shit, I didn't know that. Fuck.

Is Motorola alive? I remember he was married.

I want a STALKER/Metro 2033 bastard

You play vanilla first and mod it later so you can appreciate said mods even better and understand what they have to offer.
It's not my fault you're a fucking casual who started playing this game only after finding these threads and had your first playtrough on a modded version.

The next metro game has to be open world, because that's what AAA games are anymore. Metro will have that and crafting since it's russia's state sponsored AAA franchise. It'll be the closest we'll get to Stalker but will retain those goofy weapons and not landscape.

He's dead too, elevator bomb in his apartment around October last year I think. A few months before that he escaped a car bomb outside a hospital.

Givi didn't die on the battlefield either, someone put a rocket right through his office window.

Its the worse of all three of the games by a significant margin.
Still worth a playtrough after you finish SoC and CoP.

What the fuck does that even mean?
They're two completely different games.
Even their atmosphere is different with each of them having their own nuances

I love how they intentionally left some accidents in. It's not some master guitar player at the studio recording his latest song, it's just guy a playing with his guitar one night in order to entertain himself and his friends.

I started playing it today and it doesn't feel bad. Or maybe I've just got stalker withdrawal and I'm not seeing things clearly. With how Holla Forums went on on how bad it was I just skipped it and played SoC and CoP.

There are some bugs that are gamebreaking, mostly some bad crashes here and there. It also sadly doesn't have the atmosphere of SoC Neither does CoP and it's a lot more shooty. Beyond that it isn't too bad, but it is the weakest of the three.

Oh, you're that guy. Yeah, we're done here. Filtered.

Hi reddit

Its not bad
Just not as good as the other two

First day here?

filtered :^)

SoC is 100% playable with just ZRP to fix up a few lasting issues (I'd consider this vanilla if you just use ZRP's default settings). Even if you don't consider ZRP vanilla it's fine even if you just stick to the last official patch (1.0005 or 1.0006), none of the remaining bugs are gamebreaking or even anything more than a little bit annoying.

Broken faction wars, too much focus on shooting, worst atmosphere of the series and a terrible end section. It did do some things right, I loved the Swamp and the special swamp monster, Red Forest at night is fucking terrifying and Clear Sky were a good idea for a faction. Also it does not suffer too much from the WoW-style gameplay CoP embraced. As the worst STALKER game it's still ahead of shit like Far Cry 2.

Metro 2033 was already made by ex-STALKER devs user, they quit near to the end of SoC's development because it took so fucking long.

(checked)

uuuu

Every game in existence is "100% playable" unless there is a bug that is physically stopping you from playing and completing said game. This is a ridiculous statement.
ZRP is as "vanilla" as unofficial patches for beth games, which is to say not even a fucking little bit.

Vanilla is playable and good you fucking casual.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you have autism.

OGSE 6.9.2 was actually a better mod than 6.9.3, but 6.9.3 just has so much fucking content that it's worth playing if you've already played a shitload of STALKER. It's the last thing you try before going full сука with stalker soup.

If 6.9.3 had all the weapon/artefact/NPC/item variety that 6.9.2 had, it'd be a lot better though. Fucking russians went and removed all the interesting loot in 6.9.3, meaning the often-annoying questlines the only selling point.

SoC had a few game-ending bugs (and many cases of random save corruption) pre-patches, it happened to me when I played it on release. The common claim is that these remain even with the latest patch, this claim is bullshit left over from the rocky launch after its long and fucked up development. Anons claiming this are also often the same fuckers passing around the incorrect rumour about difficult setting affecting the player's accuracy.
ZRP fixes mostly minor bugs and tweaks a very small number of things that were widely considered silly if you only use the default settings, unofficial patches for Bethesda games normally do much more than this. If you go in and start changing optional things like adding weapon repair services then yes, ZRP is no longer vanilla but I specifically stated otherwise.

If you disable dynamic lighting (which actually is doable without making it look like an N64 game because they actually bothered to bake in a lot of shadows), SoC runs on a fucking pentium with integrated graphics from 2006 at a solid 40-50 FPS. It's crazy.

You have extremely low standards, and you know what? That's okay. You prefer the series as a half-assed FPS/RPG hybrid, I prefer it as a slavic milsim with mutants.

Not an argument, kiddo.

I don't see anyone in this thread making that claim.
Which means it isn't "Vanilla". Vanilla is Vanilla, everything else is Modded. Once you understand that distinction, you'll come to realize how ridiculous the point of view that one must experience the game Vanilla before attempting to mod it, as if the myriad of disgustingly bad mechanics and decisions the developers made are somehow sacrosanct.

What mod do I need for Clear Sky?

What do you guys think of the "complete" series of Mods? I'm using it for my run of SoC right now.

The best part of STALKER is the atmosphere, and it's still there and pretty great in vanilla. If you've never played it vanilla, it's too late to go back, but know that you missed out.
With the way you're posting, I bet you're one of those faggots who started with Complete.

SoC and CoP are perfectly good games vanilla. SoC's only problems are the early-game gunplay (once you get out of hobo phase the guns are fine and almost identical to most mods), and the broken stealth (but I've yet to see a mod fix this). CoP is solid all the way through vanilla, outside of some AI fuckery once you get into pripyat.
CS is broken as shit and I fucking hate it vanilla, though.

OGSM is pretty decent. I'd kind of argue that clear sky isn't worth playing vanilla or mostly-vanilla (i.e. ZRP type shit) because the game itself is often unfun and broken, but if you do want to try it, I think there's a few unofficial patches.

its for casuals and ledditors

If it's your first playthrough, uninstall immediately because Complete completely changes the game, makes it easier, removes the atmosphere at every opportunity, and basically ruins the experience.
If it's not your first playthrough, uninstall immediately because there's much better options.

There is no reason to ever play a Complete mod.

It shows up with a degree of regularity in most STALKER threads, less so on 8/v/ compared to how it used to be on halfchan but it still happens. One thread is not a solid sample size.
What about patched versus unpatched (or original game vs updated official re-release) Which is vanilla? Are they all vanilla even if a patch introduces a radical change?
What about unofficial patches by (some of) the original developers? The only difference here is the lack of official endorsement.
What about unofficial patches partly by developers and partly by the community?
What if the unofficial patch only changes obvious oversights/mistakes?
These can involve radical changes, often much more radical than the minor changes ZRP makes. If your arbitrary condition for vanilla is 'it was an official patch' the distinction is useless, the only thing that matters is the player's experience not who was responsible for the patch. If you really want to be such a cunt about terminology we can make up a new term for 'vanilla-like bugfix mods' (e.g. STALKER + ZRP) to contrast it from 'significant changes to the base game' (e.g. AA2) the effect is the same.

Firstly I did not claim a game must be played vanilla first time through, that was another user. To a degree I agree with him though I'd say with whatever functional changes are necessary, take Doom with only mouselook (vanilla) vs Doom with freelook (modded) which play very differently. You might think the latter is superior but it's unarguably a different experience. Secondly you're the one placing special value on the developer's decisions versus that of the community in claiming something is vanilla only if it were part of an official patch.
Thirdly in the specific case of SoC what 'disgustingly bad mechanics and decisions' are you referring to?

Makes the game somewhat easier and changes the atmosphere (in my opinion for the worse). It's not bad enough that I'd suggest scrapping a playthrough if you're enjoying but I wouldn't recommend it, certainly not to first time players.

Anyone heard of Stalker Online?

I did. Forced myself to play up until X18 before uninstalling in disgust because I wasn't enjoying it at all. Took me years to pick it up again as I had completely wrote it off for being shit, as I didn't know that while vanilla is 6/10 at best, mods crank it up to a solid 9.5/10.
In your opinion. There are also many people some on this very board that think Fallout 4 is a "perfectly good game".
You can fix it yourself with SAVanT and a couple of ltx tweaks.

I've seen that posted like twice in the last couple years, and only in /sg/ over at cuckchan.
Yes.
Modded, regardless of source.
Never said you did, just addressing that in the context of this thread since that meme is just as pervasive as "you do more damage on master XDDD".
-time_to_aim, along with player damage being lowered as you increase difficulty essentially giving you the same gunplay as fucking Borderlands.
-Human hitboxes being beyond-broken. Blowing someone's brains out merely deals double the damage as shooting them in the calf.
-Embarrassingly shit-tier damage multipliers on mutants to compensate for their shitty AI and otherwise lack of lethality.
-Weapons that can go 10k+ rds without maintenance going from brand new to completely broken in 500rds
-No repairing
-RPG weapon progression where "low-tier" weapons are 100+MOA, despite their mechanical accuracy being identical to the "high-tier" weapons that are reasonably accurate.
-All enemies having perfect night vision and the ability to see through brush

I could go on and on. It's a fucking mess, and there's no excuse for any of that. Thankfully, mods can fix it, so I see no reason to inflict that trash on unsuspecting new players instead of getting them set up with some good mods so their first playthrough is as good as it can be.

While I'd disagree with your rating my opinion is people should try vanilla (or whatever term you want to give bugfix mods only) first and swap to more radical mods if they aren't enjoying the game after a few hours rather than force themselves through to the end. I also disagree with that user on CoP, I think it's inferior to SoC in a few important areas.
I've seen it regularly in threads here along with the related claim (such as the one you're making) that the game is bad unmodded, granted the latter is more one of opinion.
So vanilla is a somewhat useless term that means only 'all official versions of the game' rather than a shorthand for the actual experience a player will have. Regardless as I said above we can just change the terminology to 'unoffical bugfixes only' vs 'gameplay-changing mods': the claim is then that you should do the former before the latter.
The claim that you should experience something (roughly) as was intended is not just a meme and it applies to more than just video games: there are similar arguments regarding various cuts of certain movies. Sometimes, as with vidya, the answer is clear: the radical new version is so superior as to be the first port of call (Bladerunner or KotoR:2), more often it is not.
I found this to be more of an issue with CoP then SoC, that might just be placebo. All the answers below are also applying to SoC only unless noted otherwise.
A wild exaggeration.
aaa
Never had a problem using a shotgun on them personally.
I'll agree it is somewhat exaggerated for certain rifles but a completely realistic rate of degradation would make it mostly irrelevant as a mechanic since you're unlikely to fire enough before swapping weapons. Gameplay > realism in this case even if it upsets my inner /k/ommando.
Strictly speaking you can repair armour in SoC (unintuitively) and everything in CS and CoP. To a degree I actually liked having to swap guns and armour out more often in SoC but I'm rather in the minority there.
Debatable, accuracy is sometimes lower for standard-issue military firearms which is the assumed source for many low-end guns. I assume you also know that weapon condition affects accuracy. Also again gameplay > realism, the mods that change this generally remove the hobo phase and a degree of atmosphere that comes along with it.
I agree this is annoying, the brush is much less of an issue in CS and CoP.
Some of these issues are improved by ZRP which I'd still recommend to a first time player even if we're going to play the semantics game and give it a different name than vanilla.
Define good mods. AA2, AMK, Lurk, Complete and so on do more than just change these issues (not all of which are issues in my and many other anons opinions) and offer wildly different experiences, which of them an user will enjoy most is a personal thing. Suggesting 1.0005 + ZRP removes or mitigates the objective issues and lets new players come to their own conclusions on the remaining ones.

God damn. I want that man to push me against the bed, restrain me, prod my asshole and fuck my brains out

I appear to have fucked up one of those replies
I'd have to dig into the stats to double check that (it's lower than I expected but you're probably right) but opponents will generally drop reliably with a headshot or two if you're using proper calibres and perhaps AP ammo.
One complaint all games suffer from and no mod I know of fixes is failing to display the fact better ammo/higher calibres does higher damage/offers better armour piercing. The damage stat on a weapon is not the only thing that matters but those without /k/ommando style knowledge might not know that.

If I remember right, the problem in the base game with AP ammo was that they never finished their armor penetration system in SoC, so all the AP ammo just increases thee damage by a ridiculous amount to overmatch a flat damage reduction from armor values or something.
I think CoP had an actually finished armor/penetration system, and I'm pretty sure a lot of SoC mods have a jury-rigged system too.

My real point anyway is this: we can (and prboably will) spend this entire thread arguing on what is good and bad in vanilla and which mod fixes shit best but a fair part of that comes down to opinion: some anons will like vanilla, some AA2, some AMK etc etc and to a degree these opinions are all valid (people like different things and that's natural).
New anons should try a vanilla/close-to-vanilla experience: if they like that enough to finish a playthrough then great, if not then they at least have the information to know which sort of mod they'll want to go with and they know how the game originally played. I'm not suggesting they play more than a few hours if they don't like vanilla but they should start with that. This is true of almost all games, the exception would be games like KotoR:2 which are downright broken, unplayaby bad whatever your opinion many anons do not, in fact, find vanilla SoC unplayably bad or unfinished without that extra content.

I want his mask.

Most people aren't willing to waste a "few" hours playing something they don't enjoy, especially not something as niche as STALKER.
Which is funny, since the ones telling the new players that they need to play vanilla first are the ones playing with mods since modded provides a superior experience. They fetishize a vanilla playthrough as this ridiculous rite of passage, when it's just a piece of media like any other. What's especially funny is that this phenomenon is largely limited to the STALKER community. Every other game's fanbase directs potential new players to the definitive experience that will be the most fun. Tell me, what is the standard response to a new player who comes in these threads and says that enemies feel damage spongey? Is it "git gud fag" or "play on master XD" which LOWERS their damage? Do you think that's good or useful advice?
Definitely placebo, since CS and CoP don't lower damage as you raise the difficulty like SoC does, but time_to_aim is a thing in all three games.
Not really. Vanilla STALKER has shit-tier arcadey gunplay. It's just as bad as memelands in that regard.
Because shotguns have a time_to_aim of 0, and each buckshot pellet deals more damage than a fucking rifle shot despite each pellet realistically being individually weaker than a single 9x18 shot.
Would you say that weapons arbitrarily falling apart at highly accelerated rates is good for gameplay? This is a case where a more realistic approach would improve gameplay.
No, it's not. Your typical AKM is around 3MOA.
Also again, another case where more realism would result in better gameplay.
Any overhaul mod tweaked to the player's specifications.

I want his body.

The specifics don't matter. What matters is that we both agree that there are flaws, and that mods fix those flaws. This alone is a compelling argument for new players to jump right in with mods.
Oh fuck off. If you're going to go full "muh opinions, everything is subjective", I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

People with low attention spans won't like STALKER anyway.
Again there is a distinct difference between modded with ZRP and modded with, say, AA2. The first is undeniably closer to vanilla.
No, it really isn't. It isn't even limited to video games.
Definitive by whose definition? Yours? The consensus of /sg/? People need to make up their own minds.
Retarded anons have no bearing on my argument. Good advice shows up as often as bad. Also note that finding the default game bullet-spongey is not universal despite what your opinion may be, those anons who think that is the case can be directed to a mod that solves it or told how to edit the files themselves: those who don't mind can continue on as normal. If you immediately direct them whatever mod you've decided is 'definitive' they don't get the chance to decide.
Quite possibly it is then, though I'm sure ammo and guns also went through various changes.
Having played Borderlands again recently It's nowhere near as bad.
Probably true.
They're hardly FC2 levels of falling apart, the exception being perhaps the SA80A1 for obvious reasons.
The rarity of combat in SoC means you'd essentially never have to deal with weapon condition if you started with a full condition gun; you might as well remove the mechanic entirely at that point. Degradation is good for immersion if a little fast in vanilla.
There is no AKM in vanilla STALKER.
It really wouldn't, at least for the average player. For an autistic /k/ommando perhaps and hell I like mods with autistic levels of gun detail too but a limited set of weapons with a reasonably obvious progression is good for normal players.
How do they come to these specifications if they don't play vanilla first? Magic?

Again, I think ZRP (which is either vanilla or close-to-vanilla if you want to keep being arbitrary with the term vanilla) fixes the vast majority of the objective flaws, most of the rest are subjective flaws. 'Fixing' the latter is imposing a consensus view of a 'definitive mod' on new players.
That's not even close to what I said but nice strawman. The opinion that STALKER would be better if it had Skyrim-style dragons is objectively wrong, the opinion that it would be better without RPG-progression in weapons is subjectively correct: acknowledging the fact that different anons like different things is not the same as claiming quality is entirely relative.

Why do you continue to assume everyone dislikes vanilla as much as you do?

And to add to that: the higher tier Nato weapons would have a lower MOA than your average military AK74 (I assume you meant this by AKM). I doubt anyone has tested it as I don't believe a civilian variant exists but I don't doubt the AN-94 is at least slightly more accurate due to tighter tolerances, in SoC it is actually not that much of a step up in accuracy.

Here's the accuracy numbers I stole off the STALKER wiki for SoC, no idea how accurate they are but I can't see why they'd lie:
AK74u = 65
AK74 = 80
AN-94 = 83
Tunder = 82

SA80A1 = 75
TRs 301 = 82
G36 = 86
SIG 550 = 87
Fishgun = 80

I'm not seeing a hugely unrealistic increase in accuracy there though handling also varies and ammo type and condition also play a role (as does flatness, I don't know how it factors in in SoC). I will also point out it seems to have a much more RPG-style progression in CoP: I have already complained about how it moved towards a WoW-style of gameplay so I'm not going to defend that.

This autistic faggot reminds me of the Brutal Doom faggots that flooded the Doom community an don't play anything without that shit.

You can mod the game to be similiar yourself autist, Call of Misery + Roadside picnic mod is a good start

Is this bait?
Either way you should kill yourself

Fallout 4 is slightly better than STALKER because it got no bullshit such as time_to_aim.

the general over at chuckchan is 100000000000000x better than this shithole with faggots not playing vanilla + zrp, endorsing complete and making straight up bullshit claims about SoC mechanics. Fuck you faggots im out

bye
don't let the door hit your ass on your way out

made a webm

You are a strange man user.

RPG S.T.A.L.K.E.R mod/sequel when?

How is it?

Nah, as much as I wanted to like Metro because slav, I fucking hated it because rails

Dude, ZRP is so close to vanilla it truly is autism to argue otherwise. Cmon now

Shit like this would result in its own game, mostly with leaning into survival-terror.
Would be interesting to see.

It's just a regular gas mask, you can probably find one at your local surplus, I did.

Well it's just a black GP-5, you can get them pretty cheap, like the one used in my film is an XL that I bought several years ago for £5, filter, bag, and anti-fog lenses.

Though they are 40mm DIN threading, they take regular 40mm NATO filters just the same and may actually be useful in a SHTF scenario, though I'd advise an S10 for reliability.

Just updated everything and started a playthrough as a dickass bandit. It's honestly pretty fun.

Bandit life is true freedom.
On an unrelated note, I downloaded an addon for coc that allows faction relations to change over time. But it's kind of weird, I managed to get the loners friendly with everyone except monolith, but the bandits still attack me. Makes it really awkward when I walk into a camp with loners and there's a random bandit among them

Accidental sage. I need to stop phoneposting.

Nice

Excellent webm. What is it about STALKER that taps into the heart of men? Why do we want to play in such a miserable setting? Why do we romanticize it so?

Also, sauce on the track?

I think the key word there is 'men'. There's something about the purity of the Zone that speaks to people. Generally even the combat and the opposing factions don't hate each other with reason, murdering another man for money or fundamental ideological disagreement is at least rational. Picrelated covers the same ground.

(checked)

There's something about walking around wearing just a trench coat and a face mask and being a dick to everyone.
Which mod? I don't think the DoctorX relations mod works like that.

What was the mod that integrated a chat function into the game?

It is indeed DoctorX dynamic faction relations.

Chernobyl relay chat. Make sure to go into an unmoderated room, enough faggots whined about being called mean names to make the mod maker put in filters and stuff.

It won't take it easy on you, or hard on you, it won't hold any notion of bravery, or cowardice, it won't praise your existence, or lament your demise; it will just be what it is, how it is. It is The Zone, it is the raw need to survive against a never ending struggle, the indomitable will of man against the indomitable will of the world. That's what man is for and what he strives in, that's what every cell in his body calls out for and is denied in modern civilization, that's what pulls him back time and time again. The Zone is pure simplicity, The Zone is to be human is to be Zone is to be human.

Just started playing Clear Sky for the first time. I see why it has got the worst reputation among the stalker games. Can someone recommend me a mod that makes it feel more like stalker.

I came into this thread to ask if SoC was toaster-friendly, as all I have is a toaster laptop but I would like to try the game series. Or just SoC since I doubt my graphics card can handle CS nor CoP, unfortunately.

I just need to find a good download because I am also a poorfag and the games are $20 on Steam each.

I truly hope you become worm food soon

Downloading the GOG versions of SoC and CoP right now. Not sure if CoP will work but I'll try it.

Is the GOG version patched or will I have to find and apply it myself? If so, where do I get it?

Halfway through the game it becomes a corridor shooter. It kinda fixes itself but yeah there's a mod that stops the bases from falling randomly when you get far away despite enemies not even being there. Just get the full pack on modb.

It astounds me how these fucks make mods and don't play through the game to test for bugs.

such is life in the zone

Crash when you open the closet? I ran into it as well, but got past it by reloading a save from before the quest starts and redoing it. Shitty thing for sure, but you can get past it. I've actually beaten Misery twice (as the sniper and assault) and managed to save Strelok.
That helicopter evac really is something.

if you dont know this god awful shit, you need to get the fuck outta this thread right now

I managed to get by tinkering a config file. The evac is a pain, I can't get into the heli for some reason.

Isn't that proto-stalker? Is there any way to play it in english or will I have to learn slavrunes?

Do the difficulty levels in CoC act differently than SoC? What do the different levels in CoC affect?

Speaking of trouble with bugs, I ran into something. I'm playing CoC (Call of Misery to be exact) and I managed to turn off the Miracle Machine, Brain Scorcher and then go through Chernobyl.
I still have remaining the tasks to investigate the labs, some of which I've already visited. I headed to the one in Pripyat outskirts. The one where you need to go to the top floor of the apartment building to start a generator so the elevator becomes accessible.
Problem is, I went there once but didn't collect the documents. Now when I try to return the elevator doors are closed and I can't activate the generator again.
Question is: can I somehow force the door open (through the console) or put myself into the lab without fucking the game up?

You might be able to force it open by dropping a gun in the hinge.

feels bad man

I want to say they do, but I'm not actually sure.

Asking this again as I got SoC installed now. Also I've seen all the weird arguments about the difficulty settings and I'm not sure which one is fine to start with, as I have never played a game like this before.

what version of soc and cop do you have?

Yeah I did the exact same thing. There is no way to get the door open that I know of but you can add the documents to your inventory using the console commands.
Just add -dbg to the shortcut target in its settings and press s while paused to open the spawn menu

I haven't gotten CoP up yet but SoC says Ver. 1.0006. Or I might be misreading the 1 and it's a 7, the font makes it a bit hard to read.

Yeah, 1.0006 is the latest version. Apply ZRP if you like and play it first

I'm fairly sure the GoG releases are the latest versions of them. Play SoC on Master. I don't think CoP has the same difficulty issues, but I may be wrong.

1.0006 is the latest.

Okay, good. I thought as much but I wanted to be sure, thanks.

I started a game on Novice and died pretty quickly because I don't play FPS's a lot. Are you saying to play Master because it's the definitive difficult experience or because the differences between the difficulty settings aren't that well-designed?

Its because master is the only way the game is actually fair. On other difficulties the enemies are bullet sponges.

Both. The lower difficulties are messed up by drunken slav coding.

I see. Starting on Master sounds reasonable then, I'll do that. I'll probably die a hundred times to git gud but I hate bullet sponges.

Part of the experience. Remember that the hobo phase is best phase.

From the little I played before getting shot to death due to very bad tactical decisions, yeah, I definitely felt like a stupid amnesiac hobo. I spent a good 15 minutes jumping on the houses at the start, hoping to find something good. I found a bottle of vodka and and a tin can ration. I believe that has set the stage effectively.

From fork lift operator to actual operator. He gave
to a whole lot of people (well, not all by himself, but you get what I'm saying). I will always find it odd how some people are capable of doing so much to alter the world around them while some others go by unnoticed and irrelevant.
Both of them will be missed, but as Give said, some will take their place.

No it's not.
Clear Sky is one of these things that should be erased from cards of history.
Vid related

Just more retardation ahead, including always bugging in everchanging ways final boss battle with Strelok.
CS story is not even good to begin with, lots of wasted potential for writing up what happened to Strelok before SoC, if anyone is autistic enough to play it just to learn fluff of whole stalker series just better save yourself time and head to any fansite wiki and read it up there cause it's fucking short and barebones anyway.

Who is the ded tacti/k/ool memester?

a novorussian spetznas battalion commander in ukrainian war who got supposedly bombed in his office most likely just got sent back home or elsewhere, since ruskie professional army officially isn't participating in it they had to make bullshit PR "le ebin terrorist attack fuggen anarchists" stunt that never actually happened, just like with Motorola who got sent to do some good work against mudslime ISIS goatfuckers in Syria back in time

Nah mate, I'm pretty sure both of them were just crazy Ukrainians, of course putin has people in there (from professional soldiers to "less formal" individuals), but no PR is good PR without some degree of reality to it. I'm not sure who killed them though, it could have been Russia.

I need help, Stalkers. I don't have my computer nearby for a while, so I was hoping to get a hold of a particular song from CoC (think it's the radio mod). It's a catchy song from the bandit base that in the radio files is labeled under ban_d track 5, I believe. It is the one with a piano and male vocalist. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, since I haven't been able to find a list with the songs anywhere (at least on English speaking forums)

There are multiple radio mods for CoC. You're going to have to be more specific.

Pretty sure it's the faction Playlist mod in ModDB. Bandit songs wise It should have Alkoholik, and Bad Mother fucker as two I remember off the top my head. Monolith has Orion by Metallica in there, Clear Sky had Zemlyane Travu U Doma in its Playlist, military had Aria' s Will and Mind, along with Faith No More in there. Like I said man, had I had my computer nearby I would have just used Shazam by now, but off doing personal shit without it and won't see it for a while, any help again is greatly appreciated

This is just my two cents, I am lurker, but, I think you shouldn't be so filter happy. I've never seen someone act so… childish on these threads.

Consider not being a massive faggot, it's not too late for you my fellow STALKER, please do not walk the path of faggotry.

When someone shows that they have absolutely nothing to offer, and that they're just here to shitpost, filtering them so I don't waste any more of my time reading their shitposts is a magical thing.

Since you don't have a single on-topic post, and just decided to pop in to express how much of a triggered snowflake you are, into the filter you go :^)

Someone's shitposting alright.

Strictly speaking 1.0005 is functionally equivalent to 1.0006 unless you want to play multiplayer (you don't). Even then I was under the impression it was recalled for security issues.

Has anyone heard of Nuclear Union? The 2012 trailer popped up in my recommends on youtube and I've never heard of it before. All I can find out is that it was being made by Ukrainians (group called Best Way) and published by Russians (company called 1C Company) and they cancelled it because they wanted to focus on distribution rather than publishing/developing, but in 2014 they said they were making something new with its assets. I can't figure out what that something new is if it ever materialized.

Vid related, trailer.

Looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R Online.

Christ, I remember the shitshow that occurred every time we tried to touch that game.

Remember the Mafia/LL drama?

So it was actually ban_d_Treck 1.ogg, however trying to figure a way to post it on here conveniently for you guys to check.

So the song is Take me, the cabby by Alexander Novikov, the only issue is finding the right version, but thanks for the help all.

I remember all that.

So I think I'm going to try Call of Misery, anyone played it? I don't think Call of Chernobyl is really fun without the eternal hobo phase that Misery provides.

Does anyone have user's slavic ass story? it was posted on some stalker thread around a year ago.

there were pics of Motorola at Holla Forums back when he was tad younger, serving in russian army
Do you really believe that "miners/steel workers/normal civilians" can be trained to professional level within 2-3 weeks and become right away successful BATTALION COMMANDERS fighting against regular army units?
Same goes for tank crews, artillery operators, mobile anti air systems operators (Remember that shit BUK 9K17 that shot down malaysian airline bus over ukraine few years ago? One unit consist of specialized 4 different vehicles, you just can't make shit up that it's "rebels that were civilians" operating effectively all of this equipment
Like it or not, both NATO and Ruskies got their operators in Ukrainian conflict
Sage for offtopic

I have and I really enjoyed it. I shut down both the Miracle Machine and Brain Scorcher, and then went through the Chernobyl NPP (the interiors of the labs/NPP are quite a harrowing meatgrinders), so I feel I beat it. Fucked myself in the document gathering quests as described here . I might go back and do the other ones, but I started a new game yesterday as Clear Sky.

Sounds good, did you use a weapon modpack for it?

I've not used any additional mods.

Just now finished a session. I loaded the old game and headed for the Yantar lab
> hear a thump
Such is life in the Zone

Anyone got that screenshot of that mod which has the scientist talking about how the zone is alive and reproducing via artifacts and stalkers are the ones spreading the zone spunk everywhere and that's why they're compelled to return to the zone time and time again?

Such is life in the Zone.

How do you replace a mod with another? Do you just delete gamedata?

Kinda hoping they fix their cringey shit.

I am also having trouble finding the music from the jukebox in OGSE. I really liked the pop record i found somewhere in garbage, but i forgot what it's called and soulseek gives me nothing. Does anyone know what i am talking about?

My life would genuinely improve if i was in the zone.

In real life you're alone and isolated, but in the zone you'd at least also be dead as well.

Sorry man, I could help you if I were playing anything other than COC but it's honestly my first real S.T.A.L.K.E.R mod beyond Stalkersoup. If it were any of the tracks from there I'd suggest Shazam if you had a phone using it. It honestly surprised me how quick it recognized the tracks on mine. Hope you find it though man.

Cheers, user. Unfortunately all i have is this pda, so no apps for me. Hopefully someone will show up and know the answer soon though.

If you aren't in the situation I'm in with that pda and can actually get to the game files you might be able to dig out the music from there, but even then I only got lucky because I was using a radio mod that had it's own dedicated files for the music in a convenient folder. I think for most standalone or larger mods you'll have to actually go through the game files itself.

Playing ZRP and my biggest gripe is the same issue I have with Far Cry 2; the enemy can see me from far as fuck and have amazing accuracy. Its ridiculous sometimes. Just recently I was peaking my head around a corner when no one should have been able to see me and I got one shot from far as fuck almost instantly. Any mods that fix this?

This may or may not help but loading saved games alerts nearby enemies to your location.

sexlab mod when
bloodsuckers and snork bodyslide when
when
WHEN
SKYRIM ALREADY HAS DRAGONS FUCKING DRAGONS, GIMME THE GOOD SHIT

Careful what you ask for, it might not turn out like you want.

cheesecake

I couldn't stop staring at the dude and his weird as fuck physique

i really liked misery for call of pripiat and im thinking about playing through clear sky for the first time in years( i barely remember much about it as is). please gimme some mod suggestions

how is it weird user? It's just a beefed up slav

He's shaped like a strong person, but in reality he's just really fucking fat.

whats the deal with coc storyline mode? is it the regular quests but with misery style gameplay or something?

Call of Misery

dling now. this should be gud. hows does the command/companion thingy work out? and how much does it make it less corridor shooter-esque throughout the second half?

Is everyone else a jew? I'm always running around carrying a load of trash to sell.

He wasn't an actual commander though. He was more like a soft faced media figurehead for Novorossiyans.

That's the thing; there are no bgm files or anything so I'm unable to rip them from the game folder like I wish I could.

i wonder if they are gonna make the vehicles semi-drivable this time? god remember how impossibly wonky and shit they were? they were basically completely pointless. there i was thinking sweet a car now i can lug enormous amounts of loot back to the bar and it literally takes about 20 quickloads to even drive from one place to the other without flipping ffs

also how are the vehicles in coc?

wait im confused af now. is call of misery basically just the english translation for call of chernobyl?

I have been trying to get S.T.A.L.K.E.R games work on VorpX and HTC Vive. They are on compatibility list but the fucker wont inject on the .exe

I just wanted go deeper in the zone!

I can't tell you tbh, I've only played it for 20 minutes to see what it's like.

why dont the devs of call of misery upload it to moddb? it would make it alot more accessible to people who are looking for more misery after finishing cop:misery.

no
call of misery is just the misery mod for call of chernobyl

How do those mods work together?

Jesus Christ mate.

How am I going to stop some big mean mother hopping mutant from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?
The answer: use a gun.
And if that don't work? Use more gun.

"I wish STALKER was boring."

go play 35MM or Kholat or some shit.

I'd like to see it take place in a few different zones from Roadside Picnic RPG, Zone Canada for the more run of the mill (if you can call the breaking down of reality as we know it run of the mill.), stalking experience, dodging sniper rounds on the border, the institution having a stranglehold (or so it thinks) on all artifacts being given out to companies to try to reverse engineer or just sell as is (bracelet-like rings that have positive if odd health benefits like no longer needing sleep or slowing the aging process down) while poor middlemen known as stalkers try to get things the Institute refuses to hand out. Zone America for super powered anomalies and cave exploring of foreign lifeforms as semi safe oasis from the rampaging anomalies tearing across mountains, and Zone Japan for its space time fuckery and Yakuza gang intrigue.

But why is your inventory transparent?

So I encountered a new type(?) of burer just now. I went through X-16 for the second time to invesitagte it. Mostly empty from my first visit, but the emitter room had two burers. One the normal kind that pulls your weapon away and does a shockwave when close, but the other one attacked with electricity. It also pulled my weapon away, but when close I got zapped like from an electrical anomaly. Weird shit.

Note to other Call of Misery players: investigation documents don't spawn properly (they should be on Ghost's corpse) so you need to spawn them if you want to complete that quest.

Givi I can understand, but why would you want your media figurehead to be a churka manlet?

It is a new type of burer added in CoC. There is also a new type of poltergeist that is the worst thing imaginable.

You mean the floating sparks instakill type?

My recommendation is to unpack the .db files and edit the weapons to do double damage

Only way to deal with the bulletsponge bullshit

It had a lot of really good content apart from that though so I hope we get a Zone of Alienation-esque overhaul of it

It's from OGSE 0.6.9.3 when you talk to Kruglov

Gunslinger+CoM 2.2+user tweaks to fix gameplay when?

Thanks for giving me a list of movies to watch by the way. I don't watch movies all that often and these seem pretty neat.

I remember people ragging on Misery for being shit. Did something change or is the addition to Call of Chernobyl something it needed to be good?
I never played Misery myself, but now that people keep talking about it I'm somewhat interested.

Yeah but does anyone have the screenshot of it?

Because that's literally what Russia is.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889103214
Something something arma 3 something something lackluster something something dlc etc
the page is a mod on the arma 3 workshop for a stalker mod called armstalker warzone
I am only interested that this page mentions 3 things: a no derivatives license, a non commercial use warning, and a "you are not allowed to modify this mod" warning. It appears to be the start of a slav cash cow operation. there is no singleplayer, coop, or running your own server. I don't plan on doing much with this information because I am not a programming person so a small pile of assets is practically meaningless to someone without wizard powers but consider yourself educated on one of the stalker game conversions for another game/mmo stalker.

do i need to uninstall misery before installing the call of misery bundle from here in the description?

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation

acutally can someone give me any tips in general on installing it? the uninstaller is all in russian n shit after all and im a huge scrub

Don't see a problem, they don't want their work sold. All modders are like that, well at least most of them.

Annoying, but not uncommon and even then that may just be because they mention they're only interested in testing some of their features.

Okay.

It's a roleplayer server, you can coop if you want.

I don't see where it says that. It does say people can't use the mod in servers that have a pay-gate or a pay-for-reward system, and then they say they'll have a second non-roleplay server for anyone to use (no charge listed.)

They also say they're using assets from the actual S.T.A.L.K.E.R so they can't make cash on it unless they want to get sued to oblivion. Sounds like you're getting into a huff over nothing and presumptions. Wait until it's at the beta stage or something before whining.

I meant to respond and say that you may have to do some black magic to get exactly what you want. I'm not sure if this editor would work for a molded version of the game, but it may gave you a decent chance.

sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_music_and_sounds

But then again my molding experience is jack and shit beyond throw file here, extract there, edit value in notepad here, so I'm at a loss fam.

Not entirely sure, but sounds like a good idea. I think my paranoia compelled me to do a clean install of CoP before starting to install CoC/CoM.

this might sound like a hugely retarded question but does it need to be installed in my stalker folder? its currently saying it hasnt detected my stalker install

or smoke some weed?

also i lost my installer ages ago but here goes…

seriosuly the installer is in russian and it literally tells me nothing. its still saying it cant detect my stalker install…

my cop install is pirated one btw

and nm just read the warning thingy. fuck this is dissappointing i wont have enough moeny to buy a copy of it for a while. ..

blin

Regular Misery is pretty shit but since CoC is in desperate need of some gear progression it can improve things. The problem I have with CoC right now is that it's very easy to get great gear and push through all of the labs and main quests.

I did a playthrough with just a trench-coat and pistols but I still pushed through all the labs and the CNPP in 10 in-game days. So the kind of progression blocks CoM adds are welcome to me. CoC has many more levels than CoP too so you can always move on to a different level if you can't do anything on the current one.

Call of Misery is pretty fun, but for me it started feeling like a chore later game when you finally start getting some gear and decide to hit the main missions. You essentially have to choose between slugging around in heavy armor and waiting for your stamina to recover every 30 seconds of walking or go in light armor and get killed in 2-3 hits.

And travelling those long distances in heavy armor? Fucking forget it. There were times where I'd have to travel across a couple areas and my armor would sap my stamina so quick I'd get bored before getting anything done. A car like in Lost Alpha would've been really handy.

Yeah, I think they fucked up with putting addons like camelback and armor plates in the artifact slots. Otherwise you could reinforce weak armor with plates and a camelback for heavy armors while still allowing artifacts

There are overhauls for CoM that improves it like this one.

moddb.com/mods/stalker-com/addons/alkiroths-com-overhaul

Changelog and features

pastebin.com/aTuEFRfq

What in the fuck is happening in that?

Some people thought it was a good idea to take a drive through a forest fire.

Sounds lewd, what was it about?

Fuuuck me, I don't even care about the increased fuel efficiency. Most of the time I live off of mutant meat, and cooking several pieces of meat takes way too long and a million clicks. That is one of the biggest annoyances I've had with Misery. Two pieces at a time is of course better, but I wish I could do as many as I wish.

day of rope :–}}

Have these also, if you want.

Which one has the most anime tidies? Watching shit just isn't fun without a hard cock all the time.

Crying Freeman might as well be porn.

So no one has heard of Nuclear Union then?

Went to Cordon to see Nimble just now, turns out I killed him a few days ago when I decided it would be a fun idea to shoot up the place.

Is there a way to respawn unique NPCs like him?

Upotte is pretty much just fanservice with a very thin plot stuck on top.

shit list

I didn't make either user. Also is/was /abe/ actually a board or is it just a joke?

Have a classic
The sequel is also top fucking tier but harder to find subs for, some .srt files have fucked timing so you might have to cut part of the video to watch it without it being distracting

Forgot the damn embed

I hope you're a slavmancer user.

Either that or just find the nearest body of water and place a bottle at the very edge of the water.

KINO

Figures. Doesn't matter though. Just went and spawned the weapon I wanted to get from him. Now my load-out is complete.

user…I don't recommend. It's wasted potential.

I didn't need that feel.

Even the nip Zone wouldn't.

Good. Anime is fucking trash.

Filtered like the faggot you are.

Has someone ever tried to make a Japan-set Stalklone? You'd think Hiroshima/Nagasaki or even Fukishitgoneboom would be prime to make a non-STALKER.

Whats anyones experience with the Roadside picninc mod for CoC? Are there any other good realism mods that arent trash like misery?

Kino is the name of one of the bands in the soundtrack

Filtered like the faggot enabler you are.

God damn Riding Bean was awesome. Remove digital.

Where the fuck do I get followers in CoM?

You talk to people you have good relations with. So by default your own faction.

Thats the thing though, I can't find people in my faction that give me the option.

AMK, I suppose, but that's for SoC rather than CoC. ZoA is sort of AMK+ but it's unstable as fuck.

Talk to the squad leader of a squad in your faction, they've got to be 'green' rather than 'yellow' (so you can get Loners to follow you as a Loner at the start). Also Ecologists have few-no squads available to follow you.
Also you can only have up to three people following you early-on and most Duty stalkers manning the Rostok checkpoints won't come with you.

Why do people bring other stalkers along anyway?

They always slow me down and you have to babysit them or they won't last.

Distractions and an easy way to sell loot if you're playing with a lower carry weight is my reasoning. They're useful early-on in ironmeme runs.

Can you imagine one day having good enough AI that they won't be just a burden? Good enough to even talk to them to plan tactics and shit.

That'll be fucking amazing

I suspect we're a way off that yet user, sadly. I'd settle for AI being as good as the average Frenchman in a public server.

Good spotters, too. On the other hand, they don't have any sense when picking fights.

I'm not asking for them to co-ordinate like a french foreign legion platoon. Just some basic shit like

Okay, these labs are proving to be a real pain in Call of Misery. I'm in X-18 now and I'd need some codes to access the lower levels. Problem is, you're supposed to get the code off a PDA from a body, but the item doesn't appear in the mod.

I remember having trouble with that as well, I think the PDA has been moved and poltergeists may have thrown it around as well

Enjoy walking around spamming F

Fuck I'm retarded. It was in a different corpse than I remembered. It wasn't in the fire anomaly room at all, but a small side room instead.
There were so many poltergeists down there, probably like 7 or 8.

Unrelated:
> fuck off
> fuck it, just take it off my hands
Hot beans, that was a pretty good sale

Yeah, and if you find an RPG or a PKM stash that shit immediately. I got an Exo in exchange for a PKM and even if you repair it with kits and sell it you can easily get 70.000 RU for it