Irrational fears in videogames thread

Irrational fears in videogames thread

I played Fallout 3 when it came out, I was 10 years old. I was scared to even approach Megaton. I stayed crouched for two real life hours outside Megaton waiting for the protectron to leave.

Later got over that fear, but still feared mirelurks, goblins and super mutants too much to go to any areas (like that one vault) filled with them so I never beat the game.

Fuck man I totally hided that sports game bug thread, that's some primitive shit you messing with.

What the fuck were your parents doing, letting you play Fallout 3 at age 10? No wonder you waste your life on imageboards, now.

I get really uncomfortable in Mortal Kombat X whenever an X-Ray/Fatality/Brutality involves arms or legs bending in the wrong direction

I'm okay with the cartoony violence with heads being ripped off and whatnot but something about limbs going the wrong way freaks me out.

I'm the same way, I can look at diseased bodies or watch heads get crushed in real life but as soon as an arm or leg gets dislocated, I fucking cringe.

You should have been aborted.

My dad died in Vietnam from an infection that fucked his leg from what my mom told me. She worked a lot to support me so she never really paid attention to what games I played.

My cousins came over one night and played this with me till like 2 AM.

It left me scared shitless after they left for days.
I even cried at one point hiding behind my couch with a flash light, never letting it get dark, leaving lights on etc.

Obviously I was young and retarded when this happened, but it still leaves me feeling uneasy thinking about it. Something about the start of that game, just opening that door *knock knock* blam! there is a fucking kill in your room good luck.
fml.

What the fuck am I doing alive.

Ye I was fucking terrified of the idea of some fucker jumping out of my floorboards as a kid
fucking clocktower

I feel so fucking old

Yeah, she failed to tell you the truth, that he bailed when he found out his son had autism.

How about on the count of 3, I shoot you and you shoot me

I have his ashes in an urn.

it's just a prank bro

Those are just from your mom's ashtray

I always got really apprehensive when going to the second town in Mystical Ninja on N64 because I fell through the floor there once.

Make diamonds from his ashes, carry them into battle with you. You are Diamond Dogs.

Ultimate bait

I am irrationally afraid of water in video games. Ecco the Dolphin and Sonic done fucked my shit up.

Though recently I've become increasingly more irrationally afraid of going out of bounds, clipping and falling through the world. I've always been a little weirded out by the voids you can see when your camera passes through walls but recently it's gotten worse. I don't mind clipping through people all that much, but walls and floors just get to me.

Might come from the hall of mirrors effect from Doom noclip my friend was so keen on using, never did like how that looked.

Im sad because Im old but mad at the same time. This feel is complex

"27 years later, still get nervous"

Bully this faggot of an OP.
Rolling.

Ratchet and Clank also had something akin to this kind of mechanic when going too deep in water.

I'm pretty sure the water levels in Super Mario 64 gave me my real life phobia of large, open bodies of water. Specifically that one with the giant eel lurking in a cave deep underwater. I'm terrified by the thought of treading water in a deep lake or, God forbid, the open ocean. Hell I even get a little uncomfortable swimming in the deep end of a pool.

I get scared of emptiness in games, especially old 5th generation ones when detail was so sparse, and the levels just trailed off into voids. Always made me feel like something was going to jump out at me.
That's why I want to see a cheery, innocent adventure game with a big, massively populated world, full of lively ambience and all kinds of little creatures running around everywhere. You then receive a warning of a great disaster that's going to happen a few weeks from now, in game time. It's hyped up to be a big, spectacular event, the most intense spectacle you'll ever fight your way through, bringing to mind an image of entire armies storming the land. Then, when that day comes, you wake up and… there's nothing. You run around for a bit, and come to realize that every other living thing in the game just disappeared. There's no NPCs, no creatures, no birds, no fish in the lakes, no music, no ambient sound, nothing. Nothing else has changed, there's been no struggle, they're just gone, like they were all deleted from existence. You can't do anything except wander around this now-empty world just trying to figure out what happened. Then night comes, and 'they' realize they forgot about you.

subnautica got me over my fear of deep water but only in videogames

Holy fuck, that looks just like a girl I had a crush on who killed herself. She was one of my best friends.

If she was that ugly no wonders she killed herself, also you need better tastes my man.

Sorry bud

Nigga, please. You know I meant the hair.
Redhead is the best taste tho

It's okay, I'm over it. All her friends say it was my fault, but I know better. Back to vidya.

11 years later and he still scares me

As for irrational fears, I absolutely hated the Spore Carriers from FoNV. I absolutely refused to clear Vault 22 more than once, and the brotherhood filtration system quest was one of the few times where I used the objective warp to clear a dungeon. Just warping in that godforsaken hellhole made my skin crawl. I also reloaded the game every time I got hit by a spore plant.

as I was comfy a Bloodsucker popped out and everyone immediately got up and started shooting and screaming
due to shit like that I can never feel comfortable while playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R outside the designated safezones

Atmospheric reentry scenes in video games unnerve me. None of my other fears apply in video games, but reentry still freaks me out. Developers have a tendency to include these in the opening of games too.

No thanks fam

where does the time go?

Diamonds are actually a diamond dozen. Instead he should cut open his belly and rub the ashes in stripes into the wound, then seal the flap back up. Then go to kill some African warlords.

I should play Subnautica again

OP, you've got 22 years that don't make any sense. Unless "My dad died in Vietnam" is more literal and when he died he just happened to be in Vietnam, I need an explanation.

Mimics fuck my shit up. I can't even open treasures in games without mimics without pause. There are very few things in life that take one from optimism to fear like the mimics. The person who designed them truly wanted you to shit your pants.

Maybe he didn't die in the war. Maybe he got an infection while fucking some vietnamese hookers.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Op also forgot to mention that fo3 was his first Fallout.

War.

War never changes.

This cannot be.

When I was a kid, I was scared of the music that would play in pirate's cave.

I also always quit the game when ever I accidentally triggered letting the Brickster out of jail out of the fear that I would fail in catching him. It turns out there actually is a bad ending if you don't catch him.

I think that's kind of the point, stalker. The Zone is always trying to kill you.

I played Diablo 2 when I was little, and the gargantuan monsters you fight in the den of evil always freaked me out. I started as a paladin and I thought "How can I kill something that big with just a short sword?". I ran around killing everything else while avoiding the big hairy bastards. Eventually there was nothing left but them. When I realized that they bled just as well as the other beasts my fear quickly evaporated.

My first experience with Mario 64 was the DS remake. That one mission where you fight the stone hands freaked me out so bad I almost threw it.

Might be powerleveling here but a certain Sonic R character invoked such an unsettling feeling that I wrote one of the spergiest creepypastas of all time and spammed it all over /x/ and jewtube comment sections.

When I sometimes play FNV I confuse cactuses for NPC's and I've ended up jump scaring myself with a god damn cactus a few times.

Playing Animal Crossing outside of winter is like a goddamn horror game for me. God I fucking hate insects.

You hate it now, right?

Can I beat the shit out of those friends?

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY

Things running at me while I'm aiming at them, doesn't matter the game. I usually jump and feel a rush of panic when it ever happens

The bone dragons scared me when I was little. I don't even know why but I never played past the second world of yoshi's story because of it.

kelp forest and most of the deeper biomes still terrify me a bit although being able to build a comfy base alleviates it a little

Resident Evil 2 gave me nightmares…I was 10

board S.T.A.L.K.E.R is where the terror truly lies

The Redeads in OOT when I was about the same age
Granted I got the game when I was like 6, but they scared me for years and it got me stuck for that goddamn long

I had a nightmare about this thing as a kid.

Someone interrupting me from playing a multiplayer game that you can't really pause or abandon.

I was like 6 or 7 when Star Fox 64 came out

Who's afraid of the big bad space monkey? I am. Didn't matter if he turned into a metal monkey face or a huge brain either

That's not just STALKER, user, that's the world.

Fucking what user?

People die in Vietnam every day, what do you mean?

This nigger was fucking terrifying, everything about it

In chapter 3 of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic you need to steal a crystal that is in an arm's reach from Arantir. I played a warrior, so I couldn't stealth or telekinesis. Every time he grabbed me I thought was going to have a heart attack. To this day when I replay that mission I start irrationally panicking.

Sinistar also actually fucked me up pretty bad, that giant floating laughing pharaoh head…

You played Fallout 3 when you were 10? user, you're supposed to be 18 to…

OP was born closer to 9/11 than I was to the fall of the iron curtain. Only five years till people born after the launch of 4chan can post here. Fuck this shit.

I have a genuine, serious phobia of computer glitches. F:NV is literally unplayable, I just can't fucking do it. The worst is when ragdolls glitch into the ground, it feels like I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack. Jesus fucking Christ I hate Bethesda for rushing Obsidian.

That was me when I was a 4 year old playing SM64 and the game cart wasn't properly inserted
Mario's model and textures would spaz out and I cried for Dad to make it stop

I remember my dad played Age of Empires a lot back in the day. He was mid game when he had to go to work, so he left me to beat the game. Everyone was iron age and I had an entire army against 3 AIs. After about 10 minutes of diddling around my city, a huge army of elephants started charging me from the fog. I was shitting bricks when I saw 20 of them against my army of about 30 or so men. I autistically quit the game, not wanting to see the massacre.

Chans are growing up :v)

I cannot play Silent Hill 2/3/4 without remembering how it fucked me as a kid in all departments.
Both games had an atmosphere that ripped my soul to shreds and prevented me from going to bed since the nightmares were so fucking awful. It wasn't that I was scared (I was, but that's against the point), it's that the world afterwards was so dull and void of happiness for me, even after the console was shut off. I can never forgive myself for playing those games.

You're lucky it went away, because It's stuck with me, and I'm 21 now. Feels like shit.

That one level in Tomb Raider 2 where you start in the water and there's sharks eyeing you straight from the start.
I will never swim in a lake or anywhere where I can't see what's in the water.

Same exact thing happened to me with TM:B, no idea why my mother let me play it when I was six years old when she didn't let me play GTA. The atmosphere was empty and extremely scary.

Needles actually scared me, though. Imagine that shit as a toddler…

Three reasons you need to leave:
>>>/4chan/

What I don't get is that OP doesn't mention Centaurs

They're the only visually striking enemies in the game

Still mad over the floater not being included, I wanted to see the sphincter monster in full 3d

Did you also have some sexual experiences with the members of your family at the time?

I was terrified of these dogs from Quake as kid of about 4-6 years old. It was bad to the point it actually made me scared of dogs, especially rottweilers for real for a long time until I got over it.
Never stopped me from having dogs, though. I guess it was only about strange dogs, not ones that I knew well.

He said 'irrational fear'; it's perfectly reasonable to be freaked the fuck out over centaurs. They look like retarded STALKER bloodsuckers.

I'd argue being afraid of any video game enemy is irrational, considering they don't exist and pose no threat to you whatsoever.

have fun getting your fears datamined and thrown up into an VR chair where you'll be exposed to them endlessly

Good thing I didn't fall for the VR meme.

I hope they tone down the scary monsters in Skyrim 2

I cri evrytim

Only thing that ever spooked me was the black holes in Space Engine, and that's because of a very rational fear of real black holes.
Space Engine isn't technically a game though

I've always had an irrational fear of the ocean or any sort of deep body of water in video games. Mainly, because my father almost accidentally drowned me at a pool party when I was five. At the time, I didn't know how to swim and ended up having a phobia of swimming for a long time thanks to the experience. My irrational fear for video game swimming happened during the first Jak and Daxter with the shark that would eat you if you swam out too far in the ocean.

Black holes don't spook me near as much as gas giants. And centaurs, I have fucking nightmares about centaurs.

Gas giants are pretty spook too.

Jupiter fucked me up.

A Gas Giant is an elder god. It is a storm the size of small stars drifting in space, so large its own gravity holds it together in the vaccum of space. An eternal storm that raged before life began and will still be churning and screaming after we are dust.

((They))

Being in the ocean or any other large body of water freaks me out. I remember renting Ecco on the PS2, getting attacked by a shark and noping the fuck out. I brought it right back.

You retard burgers realize Vietnam didn't just magically drift into the Void after the war ended right?People still travel there.
I think OP ironically implies his Dad died from an STD after fucking to many ladyboys.

OP hasn't mentioned his nationality, for all we know he himself could be Vietnamese.

I can't deal with falling no matter how slow it is.

I got Nintendo 64 when I was a kid. Playing ocarina of time I had to get me my mum to cross hyrule field at night time under I figured out I could stay on the path and no stalfos would appear

I hated this thing in sor2, the fucking sound it makes as well while you get closer to it as well.

Glad those pages I ripped from the tabletop are seeing some use. The urban destruction and monsters hiding in Chernobyl are pretty terrifying for the situations that they tend to throw you in, but Roadside Picnic's alien everything is far more jarring. Especially throwing in the possibility of foreign lifeforms doing whatever they damn well please in their new playgrounds.

As for my fears, anything deep water related in games will always freak me out. I actually feel relief when in games like Ratchet and Clank or Subnautica you end up getting attacked if you go too far out or deep in water. It's when you don't get attacked and you're just moving around with nothing happening to you. That feeling that you should be attacked, in some way, for even being out there. I'm not sure if it's the idea of some giant monster attacking me thats scary or the emptiness of nothing being out there that I feel because I'm not being attacked that throws me off.

So what you're saying is you're not a fortunate son?

Also, my irrational fear of deep water is pretty much my only real-life fear that I still feel while playing video games, though it's much weaker in vidya than it is in real life.

more like cocktower amirite

This is the earliest game I can think of that spooked me as a kid

How'd you feel jumping down this hole?

I mean, I played rated M games practically all my life. Parents didn't care, as long as I didn't become a sociopath.
Little do they know >.>

Lol you were scared of the protectron? Going to the age thing, I played C&C Tiberium Dawn in preschool. (cant remember age but was born in '95)

I was scared of the protectron, and also I waited long enough that a caravan showed up so I was scared of that too.

That shit gave me chills the first time. It's so cool looking, but that combined with my fear of heights, and of the dark really fucked me up.

And then I found out that 4kings is my least favorite boss in the game. So there's that.

Think you mean 45 old man. it was 1987 thirty years ago

The cover of Diablo II.

Yup, it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

Yeah Four Kings is fucking shit awful

am I broken or normal?

This cunt.

what do you mean? It's so cool. Fun fight too.

not irrational

4Kids was a pretty great fight, I still haven't found anything that gives me that kind of adreniline rush in a while.

I hated the slugs at the beginning of Another World.

It looks cool but it feels like a DPS race. I never have fun with it.

I tried to find a decent video to showcase this effect, but this one is the best I could do. There is this color flashing effect in a game called Feud for the Commodore 64 while it boots. I used to play it, alone, in the dark, and this load screen would freak the hell out of me (effect starts about 0:35, goes into full effect about 1:14 while he narrates over it).

It should have.

Because it is.
Tryng to flip your way out and kiting them gets really messy very quickly

This motherfucker from Adventure Island 2 used to spook me when i was younger. No idea why.

A less incompetent nation that the US would have returned there after the fall of the Soviet Union, and nuked the place to teach the world a lesson.

You can bet your asses there would have been no 9/11 afterwards.

Underage for life

Point is that you have to change your build to a strength tier giant dad just to take care of them on later runs. DPS races aren't much fun for souls games unless you're built around them. .

Eh, nothing worse than what's on the internet. I was eight on Compuserv and BBSes downloading pictures of mutilated corpses and people shitting on one another. How the times have changed.

GET IT AWAY

Also, these faggots. They stalked the halls of the caves in Rayman 3 and were completely invincible. I got to one point in the cave and forgot how to proceed because the wall climb hadn't been used so long. The solution came to me in a dream that night.

I played Doom 1 & 2 when I was about 5 or 6, and then Quake. Go figure.

Thank god for the sparky zwei

Virtue signaling doesn't work on the world stage Holla Forums, at the end of the day you're just a child

Honestly thought I was the only one ruined by that Jak and Dexter fish. I still get freaked the hell out in any game with water because of that hellfish. Also sorry about what happened when you were a kid, that sounds rough

Both boards are full of children, honestly.

When I first played Monster Hunter Freedom it was with my cousin. We went to hunt a Kut Ku together, but I was too afraid of it. For a time I was even afraid of Bullfangos. Seems funny now since on MHFU I got to HR8 mostly solo (though that was a few years later).

What is this projection? I didn't ask for any of that. Nuking any country in the modern age would make probably every other country on the planet gang up to butt fuck the offending country for fear of their own skins.

when i was young i had a babysitter who came over and installed quake2 on my computer
i liked the multiplayer but when he told me their were monsters in the single player it spooped the hell out of me. I never even saw a monster but the idea of seeing one prevented me from leaving the starting area.

I really thought they were going to make diamond edged combat knives with the ashes, especially considering that trailer showed several slow mo knife shots, with a glinting edge. The trailer had like 3 or 4 knife scenes so I was sure thats what was going to happen. Was pretty disappointed they only put a diamond on their shoulder badge.

That stage in SOR2 reminds me of another beat em up. This entire game was nightmare fuel for me.

dead gray zones outside the map, falling and seeing literally everything from below

You want to know something even worse?
There are no designated safe zones in the real world

That just made my heart start beating fast again. Fuck you user, i forgot about that thing.

Netches.

this. not necessarily from below though, flying off is way worse

you successfully suppressed them. be glad for now.

Why are water monsters always so intimidating

Because you cant fight back

Wario Land 4's bosses creeped the fuck out of me when I was 6.
I could never beat them until I played it again recently. Solid 8/10 game.

Have you played Kerbal Space Program? Reentry can get pretty crazy.

This fucking bear from Crash Bandicoot 2.

I think just being that close to Jupiter would kill everything on earth with radiation and possible rip our shit up.

Gnomes used to scare me and my brother quite a bit. then later when I got used to them, I would carry them around all over the place just because I could. One hilarious thing you could do was get one with you to the end of one of the first levels and harry would hold the gnome into the hair while doing his victory his pose not giving a fuck about the giant gnome in his hand.

Yea no we'd be fucked up by the sheer gravity. Shit the only reason 1 of Jupiters moons is still hot is because of the excessive amounts of friction occurring when it literally stretches the moon out and in. And that moon is way further than what the embed implied.

This and I cant ever use consumables

SW: Shadows of the Empire, this underwater level
simply too scary to continue when I was a young lad

I dont even know how I missed it

>>>/reddit/

That's a pretty good shop but it seems you've baited yourself, memelord.

Wait…. I think I figured it out.

Any game with any sort of underwater section makes me panic hard and close the game. This makes some game literally unbeatable because I can never progress past that underwater segment and eventually give up on it.
However, a lot of people already said underwater monsters and the like, so here's another one of mine:

Parasites.
Whether it's a monster that can force a parasite onto you, or a monster that's some type of parasitized host.
It's not something that gets me to shut the game off out of fear but it's something that makes me so much more afraid of whatever the monster in question is, even if it's something mostly harmless.

Holy fuck this, the Knaaren scared the shit out of me. Rayman 3 is the best of the series btw tbh fam.

Also, this screen gave me a grand spook.

I don't know how to say this, but I'm fucking scared of the voids of nothingness that appears with cold stark text. Like normal text on a black background is fine, but if it's like large text on a blueish void or something like space that shit freaks me the fuck out

I was also afraid of Traveler's Tale's old logo as a kid. When I was a dumb kid playing A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2, I was terrified of the logo and avoided seeing it like the plague. A weird creature that walks over a big scary moon and a fucking gravestone. When I was a kid, I didn't know that the gravestone actually had kanji on it, so I always thought it was A FUCKING DECAPITATED HEAD and that fucking thing was just walking on by, with a smirk that looks like he fucking murdered that man. I'm so glad that Traveler's Tales changed their logo to something less scary and that I eventually grew up to see everything as they intended it to be.

How this hasn't been mentioned yet?

I never understand this shit. This looks really serious in America, but in my country no one really cares. A shop really don't care if you are 12 and you are buying mature games.
My mom gave me Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 when I was 9. She even told me some fatalities. Most of kids play mature games here and just religious people really care about that.

When I was about 3 or 4 (maybe even 5) I was too scared to enter the castle in Super Mario 64 because of that Bowser laugh which happens the first time you enter. Until I got over that fear, I'd just walk around the courtyard for hours on end.

The sharks in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger freaked me the fuck out as a kid.

the scariest part was the attack where he swallowed your ship whole. nightmare fuel

what?

fuck off shill. better than a paperpushing nightmare job.

more free than you.

I was too busy laughing I guess?

How is he a shill?

What about it? or did you seriously give in to the meme about violent video games being bad for children?

is it possible to even play video games when you're 2?

This old newgrounds game. For some reason things(U+200B was here) that had bad graphics were scarier for me.

That freaking doll scene, made me thrown every toy that i had.

I mean my dad really didn't give a fuck what I played, he even bought me Dungeon Keeper at the age of 6. He also gave me a Limp Bizkit CD and let my play it in my room, he really didn't give a shit. My mom on the other hand was a lot more strict on that kind of stuff but my parents were divorced so what she thought didn't matter when I was with my dad.

it's actually a strange ocean with different water

he was probably trying to deliberately piss her off for keks because he knows she hates that kind of thing

play? yes. play with any degree of competency? no. I could never get past the first few levels till I was 5 or so.

Maybe, my mom was one of those strict religious types but he had always not really cared about that kind of stuff even when he was married to her, he's just a cool guy, I inherited a lot of his personality traits and I'd be a boring person if they came from my mom. Unfortunately I also inherited his anger problems, excessive drinking, porn addiction, sleeping disorders like night terrors, hallucinations, insomnia and sleep walking. I feel bad for the person who ends up marrying me, I know I've scared the shit out of my roommates in college plenty of times.

could be worse, at least your not anthony burch :^)
i feel you on the sleeping shit though, nobody likes sleeping near me because i scream, flail around and frequently sleepwalk (though i never actually remember anything that happens or what i was dreaming about unless somebody wakes me up in the middle of it)

anyways back to vidya, there's still places in subnautica i can't bring myself to go to without a good amount of alcohol in my blood to mitigate the spoops, like that northern blood kelp crevice

My fear is that people won't understand what a great game Fallout 4 is.

Vietnam is a country.

A less incompetent nation would have been able to win the Vietnam War. :^) .

the explanation is that he lied to troll the oldfags born in the 80s and make us feel old because ancient Rome was 2000 years ago.

you're incompetent. there was no reason to screw around in Vietnam in the first place, except for "containing" communism, which could've been done at far less cost.

and besides, without Vietnam, no one would've been around to invade the Khmer Rouge and put an end to their insanity.

Why even bring up the country? There's nothing preventing that line from being "My dad died from an infection that fucked his leg from what my mom told me." Adding "in Vietnam" only complicates things.

Either that line is super literal, and OP's mom told him that his dad died from a "leg infection" during his sex tourism trip to the Southeast, or there's some sort of time travel shenanigans and/or cryogenics involved. Both of which sound like cool stories, come back OP.

Bummer that they changed it, I've always liked that logo. Even did a shitty drawing of it years back.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Imps in Doom II always scared the shit out of me. It was the noises they made. I don't know why, but those sounds really got to me. Probably didn't help that they were fast and got in real close.

My dad died from a leg infection from a bullet wound, not from sexual contact. He was very loyal to my mother and they had a strong marriage.

what does kanji have to do with a decapitated head?

MODS!

2017 - 2008 = 9
10 + 9 = 19

MODS! user can't do basic math so I'm guessing he actually is underage.

More time has passed between today and 1980 than passed between 1980 and the end of WWII.

The kanji look like crossed out eyes and the arrow can be interpreted as a mouth, and since I didn't know how to adjust brightness, my mind assumed that the grass around the stone was the hair of the head, and I assumed that he had a body somewhere close by, especially with the tail looking like a sling

I was a dumb kid

got a song name for that?

Sounds like a good creepypasta

agreed

I kinda see when I imagine it as upside down now

I was always scared of the Deku Tree, still haven't beaten OoT.
It's weird - shit that's designed to scare the shit out of you like Silent Hill 2, or FEAR never got to me, yet a lowpoly tree with a face scared me half to death.

Also one christmas I got a gamecube with a game called "series of misfortunate events" or something and and it was both a terrible game and one that hit all the uncanny valley marks to the point it made my fucking skin crawl.

The most recent was in project CARS, playing the japan map alone with heavy fog gave me a really spooked out sensation.

in Ratchet you don't even get a warning or any buildup

you have like a second of nothing happening and then the fish gets you

Neptune in the sky would actually be quite beautiful, I think.

But holy christ Jupiter is fucking terrifying.

I didn't get half of the puzzle pieces from clanker's cavern because of this cheeky cunt.

I see that you accidentally posted the wrong monster from OoT

Are there any games that feature Jupiter in a significant way? I've always been interested by it. I could even see it being in a horror game, it's just unnerving. I can't imagine what people felt like when they first heard or saw the Red Spot.

i always got mad at those redeads because it always looked like they were raping my male waifu where they'd grab you at the time

Venus could also be a horror game.

I was 6 when I played this for the first time.
When I saw him I panicked and shut off the console
Didn't dare to start the N64 again until 2 weeks later because I thought he was waiting for me.

ocarina of time, shadow temple. Massive sweating for the entire dungeon. good times.

I was playing Mortal Kombat 1 when I was 5 and played games like Mortal Kombat 3 and Duke Nukem. The real world and the internet fucked me up way more than video games ever did or could.

I couldn't complete the Krypt in MK9.
Every fucking time I tried to explore it that fucking faggot krypt keeper would jump in at random and give me that fucking faggot screamer. I just couldn't handle the tension.

When I was 11 years old I played Gothic 2 after my 15 year old cousin recommended it to me. I was too scared to go into any of the forests after I ran into the orc elite in the dense forest above the large town. Somehow I managed to make it to chapter 2 where you have to go to the abandoned mining colony to get some intel for the boss in the city. Needless to say that part where you had to sneak past the orcs in the middle of the night nearly scarred me for life. I spent a shitload of time hiding in that castle looking for things to do until I was forced to go out and look for the mining expeditions. Of course I got lost after a while and was too scared to continue. I stopped playing for a couple of years and finished the game for the first time when I was like 15 years old. Still one of my favorite games despite the nightmares it gave me.

That's not kanji.
That's the stylized letters T T.

I'm sorry your fifth dimensional lovecraftian spawn of a crush killed herself and did the world a favor.

lol i first played this game when it came out . I believe I was 8 at the time , those were the days…

bait

Nigga you still didint explain how you were 10 years old but your dad died in vietnam. im 18 and my grandfather fought in vietnam, and he just died at age 60.

Oy vey, its totally possible. My grandfather was gassed 13 times in auschwitz when he was 5.

Literally can't finish F.E.A.R because of Replica Assassins

Know how you felt, I killed their sniper when I first saw him because I thought he was a raider. Fucked up my first playthrough.

fuck

When will this shitty cuckchan meme fuck off?

Tower of Mist in Gothic 1 was pretty scary. I also didn't do Chromanin until much later. It was a treat to experience a new part of an old game.

Fucking kill yourself poser.

Nigga I remember playing bioshock when I was in the 4th grade that shit gave me PTSD

OP came out 15 minutes ago

because he is faggit, no?

FUCKING HELL

I watched an adult playing this, and it wasn't scary with him around. He once went away for 5 minutes and let me play it, and I just stood in place afraid to move and encounter those headless people.

my niggA

really fucking gay and fake bro.

you need to stop breaking into houses and touching kids or I will find you.

Underwater levels in general.

Back in the old days of EQ2, there was a loading screen with a horrifying sea-monster about to eat a man, it was absolutely massive in size compared to him. It made me afraid of stepping in water in-game, for fear of running into it. If anyone could find the loading screen in question, I'd like to see it again.

cute story, reminded me of my little brother and made me smile

large dark areas in minecraft make me nervous. even water, maybe especially water. which is weird considering the lack of danger in the water.

post moar pages

To this day I still get extremely unnerved by falling into voids, i.e. glitching out of bounds. I don't know why, and it's really irritating because glitching out of bounds and exploring unfinished/inaccessible areas is one of my favorite things to do in games, and that obviously comes with the territory.

In Super Mario Sunshine, I feared the eel in Noki Bay.

In Oblivion, I hesitated to play when I was ~13 because the zombies were creepy.

I remember playing Mount & Blade, screwing around in the tavern when I realized you could actually look out a certain window. Well, once I did I realized the outside was just an endless skybox in every direction. Worst part is, it was nighttime in game and real life, so I got extremely uneasy and I had to shut down the game out of fear. This was two days ago.

Likewise. For example, a few updates ago in Subnautica, you could glitch yourself out of your base and under the ground, causing you to fall endlessly into the void of water. It gets progressively darker too, so it's quite terrifying.

i did to, wasted did enough people die to make a diamond sword? opportunity

I often go snorkel-diving in the sea my dad past midnight during summers, and holy shit I still haven't gotten over the pure fear of seeing nothing when you point your flashlight into the distance. If I go halfway to my usual swimming range, shit gets spooky enough for me to want to bail, since it just looks like there's absolutely nothing but water and unknown marine life in every direction. It's thrilling in a way but my survival instincts kick in telling me to get the FUCK out of the water.

I had an irrational fear of horror games in general until I was like 13 and finally played a bunch. I would be scared of people even playing horror games near me because I was scared I'd look at the screen and get scarred for life. I owned a copy of Resident Evil 2 that I never had the courage to put in. At some point it got bad enough that I would avoid moody games and movies with dead things like the Corpse Bride. At some point I realized I was being a fucking retard and stopped being a pussy. Playing horror games and starting to go on imageboards, what with gore threads and all certainly helped.

RE3's Nemesis kept me from getting through RE3 for a long time.

Space is a fucked up place.

The shadow temple is a joke once you get past the forest temple really. The music and ambience in the forest temple was as unsettling as it was annoying while the shadow temple felt more like a spooky Halloween mansion tour. Plus the bottom of the well is infinitely more scary than either

Good thing you missed MK4 then. That game had a button dedicated to bending limbs backward.