All guns sound powerful

Is this the best FPS game ever made?

Shit

It's shit

I gotchu fam

lol

Yeah, but it has unimaginative realism elements that have been done better. 10/10

I would run past the whole cambodia level if I could.

next you'll say syphon filter is bad

The gore and atmosphere carried most of it.
The whole game is pretty average, but pretty ambitious.
Sincerely I think F.E.A.R did a better job even if the gore wasn't as good.

Whats with all the shitposting?

You can also use force speed and force jump to run through the whole Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2.

FEAR's gunplay and level design are objectively worse in every way. SoF 2 is less screwed because the only things keeping it down are the stealth levels, grenade damage, and tall grass. These things could be easily modded out if there was someone who would do it.

Oh, so this was a shitty bait thread all along?
I should have known from the "is this the best FPS ever made" which everyone knows is Doom.

Check my dubs OP

Is this post ironic? FEAR's levels were like exploring the copy pasted factories and buildings of Fallout 3, only even more boring.

Doom objectively has the best level design among all FPS games, but everything else about it is overrated.

Prove me wrong.

Doom 2 exists, so no.

Here's what i remember of it:

Turn off "weapon inaccurate" in the settings.

No, the first SoF is far better. The gore was toned down, the game made slower and aborred attempts at making the game 'more realistic' were made for unfathomable reasons.

Perhaps it was the success of Allied Assault a few months earlier. God i hated the fucking cheating AI in that game.

Doom II has some pretty bad levels. Suburbs comes to mind.

BUY OUR GAME, BATTLEFIELD 1 GOY.

The best FPS in terms of gunplay I've ever played was surprisingly a console game. Black.

It depends on what you're looking for. Compared to the first one, it's less "nervous", slightly more repetitive and while the story is as stupid as the first game, they seem to take it much more seriously. Overall, character modeling is unstylish and animations are stiff. The few stealth/turret sequences are dull and unnecessary, the finale is dreadful.
If you like guns, it's a cool game I guess. If you like shooters… well it's a good game, probably in my top 15, but I don't think it deserves first place.

This, especially the gore part (try to play it with the parental lock on, and you won't go pass the first level - I tried).

Yes absolutely. Now make another gore review you lazy russian faggot.

I think they were trying to get closer to tactical shooters with 2. They were still sort of popular at that point.

I think making the game slower gives more emphasis on the gore. The first SoF is designed to be played quickly like an arena shooter. It was an excellent game, but as a shooter SoF 2 is far better.

I remember the enemies taking too many hits before dying.

Why? Sure it got no projectile trajectory like stalker or arma, but as a close to medium range shooting game it's excellent due to how responsive the enemies are. Sure, there are bad parts, but when it's good, it's really good. I love the hotel shootout.

I've been meaning to replay this for a while. Not sure if I still have the files, or if they would still work on W7.

Time to end your life, mate.

win7 maybe, you might need a fix though those are readily available.

How is everyone here an expert on getting shot?

lol, what a gay

Fuck off already.

This user gets it. Getting shot regularly does wonders for you health. I get shot two maybe three times a day and it's the best decision I've ever made.

Youre like a child.

It was pretty fun. I used to fillet the corpses with the knife, it was fun taking them apart every couple of polygon chunks at a time. People react badly when you do that in public on a laptop BTW.

You fuckers need to stop confusing level design in terms of gameplay with level design in terms of aesthetics. Both matter, of course, and F.E.A.R. is undeniably terrible at the latter but from a gameplay perspective its levels are generally top-tier: they give the AI a chance to shine by offering multiple routes and variety of cover/firing positions within those routes without feeling excessively unnatural.

Damn, the bar was always really low.

Criterion knew how to make good games before

thanks for the laugh

Why does /k/ keep having the funniest stories ever? It's like someone decided to mix S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Monty Python and the board was born.

In my opinion, it doesn't deserve first place as a game because:
If anything, the first episode has a better rating by my book.

Now, guns are really good and I agree on that, but that's not the one thing that will define whether I enjoy the game or not. Stuff like Arma is too technical for me; I enjoyed STALKER (and yeah, guns were cool there too), but mostly because of the atmosphere. I even enjoyed Return to Castle Wolfenstein gunfights, even though I can't get myself to play it again. I keep going back for FEAR though (mainly because of for AT-14, it just "feels right", would do the entire campaign with it if I could)

(and nice dubs)