What console should I get for emulating GBA games?

What console should I get for emulating GBA games?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7aQLF
twitter.com/endrift
twitter.com/vikxin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A rooted Android phone with a PS3 controller.

Your computer

A gamecube + gameboy player + GBA flashcart

A PC

nintendo ds + ds2

A PC

Well, a GBA would be ideal.

If you were asking how to play GBA games on your computer, get the VBA emulator. It's pretty solid.

You shouldn't be giving advice, fam.

PSP (normal or GO) is fantastic for GBA (and anything earlier) games, bigger screen and easy to install CFW on.

A 2ds is 60 dollars and emulates GBA 1:1.

my last experience with emulating gba on a n3ds was seeing the mother 3 title screen run at sub 20fps and the music sound like total shit.

What are the differences? I've been using VBA for a long time, and haven't noticed anything wrong with it.

The (2)DS feels like a waste having a second screen take up space and do nothing. It works but it's not ideal.

You brought this upon yourself.

The speakers are shit you should use headphones

get a ds lite, break it in half, and get a gba flash cart

it was more like breaking in and out constantly with audible static and pops in the playback.

it was really bad. ps2/n64 tier emulation.

Build a Pi Boy.

This actually. My DS's topscreen went dead so I just snapped it off and used it like a GBA

user, this is your fault for not installing an inject, the 3ds GBA emulators suck, but injects work 1:1.

injects didn't exist when I used my n3ds last.

The GBA.

you could also look up for the revo k101

user, GBA injects have existed since before the n3ds released.

no, they didn't. You couldn't make cia files at the time, back up loading for 3ds software didn't exist.

user, the n3ds released February 2015. The tools for making 3ds GBA injects came out 4 months later. Installing .CIAs came late 2014.
Did you only play the n3ds on launch?

A PC.

Are you retarded?

The original Wii has pretty good GBA emulation, though a PC will always beat it.

archive.is/7aQLF
Are you?

A PSP with TempGBA or a DS with a flashcart and a slot-2 cart.

mGBA is more accurate, and has been for a while now. VBA is epsxe-tier.

Glad you asked. It is a sovereign nation.

A PC or a GBA with a flash cart.

VBA is rubbish. Are you the sort of person that uses ZSNES too because you can't notice what's wrong with it?

a PC

some waste of air and trips you are

Its not emulation you fucking idiots.

Above post is bait.

A phone with a gamepad

A micro and an EverDrive.

You best be using custom GBA software and not Nintendo's shitty default GBA player faglord

what the fuck

Sometimes the emulators have a hard time reading the .zip files. Just extract them and they should work.

CFW 3ds is pretty good, just need to inject them.

No it didn't.

CFW 3DS is best, can back that up. If you're a Nintendrone it's a fantastic emulation machine for everything except N64, but if you're more attached to PS1 games then you should get a PSP for playing eboots and doing most everything a CFW'd 3DS can do in regards to emulation.

this

What about the sega consoles?
Is there any good emulator for those on the 3DS?

PC.

This.

Fucking nope. Do I gotta spend 100 bucks for an EverDrive?

Nintendo N3DS XL with CFW SysNAND

I would do this, if you have a mini hdmi cable you can even connect it to a tv.

yeah, the 3ds lost my interest entirely and I got a psp and a vita shortly after. Haven't looked back.

your phone needs to support MLH (or is it MLA?) in order to do this thru the usb port. Samsung phones support it I believe, but Android is the worst platform to emulate on, especially old games.

Works On My Machine®

PSP, or a cheap Android phone and Bluetooth controller combo.

Isn't it strange that there are people out there suggesting to purchase a different physical console instead of finding the real deal. Scalpers are a challenge in today's used vidya gaems market, but I doubt the price of the mass produced GBA, GBA SP and GBA micro are making it difficult to purchase online or locally.

Well he did say he wanted to emulate

MHL. And it does a shitty framerate. I suspect Chromecast would be a better solution.

How good are the carts you can load roms onto? I've never used one, but I've seen them for sale.

Buy an SP, you fucking faggot.

Nah I've found considerable input lag when using Chromecast, and that's just trying to cast Chrome playing Super Mario Crossover.

Get a cheap 3DS/2DS with firmware 11.2 or lower and install CFW and a9lh on it
GBA Virtual Console Injects work like a charm, and you'll get great GB/GBC/NES/PC-Engine/Genesis and Nintendo DS games with a flashcart. Even the SNES emulators are quite decent.

shit I still own all that hardware….well 3 GBA flashcarts plus the e-reader and the GBA connection cable….how sad I was with my shekels

I may get shitposted at for this, but when it comes to older consoles and handhelds (up to and including SNES/GBA), emulation is strictly inferior to the real thing.

If there were a GBA clone that supported real time saves, rewind/fast forward, cheats et cetera I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Your Wii

Holy Trips (he's right)

Once the faggot who makes the custom firmware updates his garbage software to not force the buttons to places that don't work with the Hori Digital Controller then maybe I will, until then I'll keep forcing the original software in to 240p and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Unnoticeable lag be damned.

a PC running mGBA if you're not a Trump-loving nazi :^)
twitter.com/endrift
twitter.com/vikxin
At least "it" actually seems to have no politics on mgba's page or twitter. I wish more devs wouldn't use their projects as an excuse to push their ideologies.

Wii.
Easy to hack. Great at emulating most nintendo consoles, and even handles the SCUMM engine pretty well.

The major Drawback is there's no HD port. Better to hook it to a CRT and make it a dedicated Retro Box