If Holla Forums made pepe a hate symbol can we make dat boi a revolutionary symbol?

If Holla Forums made pepe a hate symbol can we make dat boi a revolutionary symbol?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/imwithker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was some random post-ironic chucklefuck who told the dailybeast that le normie salamander was a neonazi symbol, plus hilldawg memeing some "basket off deplorables" maymay (which was on par with retweeting any random shitty, stupid maymay like the gg one claiming that Robin Stewart was on their side).

yeah just because the media ran away with a funny headline because neither they nor the aclu or whatever understand memes.
We could have shown some left-wing pepes to someone who didn't understand the overall meme and convinced them of the opposite

already is

I'd switch the bottom right and the top left

dat boi is ass and died like 6 months ago.

How many people here even remembers bachelor frog?

Why? It's a shitty reddit meme. We have our own home grown memes.

Whatever happened to old style memes like foul bachelor frog and courage wolf?

Old memes used to die when they became popular, even staples like MS paint comics died when reddit got a hold of them.
But nowadays shit is fucked, memes are either forced shit like everything 4chan puts out, normalfags being the ones who cause the memes that then spread to imageboards, or Holla Forums actually loving how their memes are mainstream and never dropping them, no matter how old they are.
I'm starting to thinK that part of why I stuck on Holla Forums is because our memes are actually obscure injokes you need to lurk to understand (and that's why Holla Forums always seems to love to call our memes shit so much)

Wojak should be a tankie

I just remember going on 4chan 1 day in 2008 and seeing nothing but these old ass memes and then only a year later you couldn't find a single one on the site. It had to be the biggest meme paradigm shift.

Its like an entire empire lived and died. Around the same time (A)nonymous got kicked off I think of that period in image board diamat as the birth of the period we're in now.

Wow.
Those memes are really normie holy shit

4chan was basically proto reddit in "the golden age"

Nah.

Yeah.

Clarinet boy was a legit good meme though

Holla Forums isn't the ADL.

Pepe is a mirror, what you take from Pepe in his endless variety of edits is more telling of what goes on in your mind then it does about Pepe.

HEY I MADE DAT :DDD

Source is knowyourmum

Not a big fan of that site anymore but that was one of my parting gifts to them

also related pic

The reason Kermit is in the top-left is during the 2016 election people from Hillary's side were promoting Kermit the Frog memes as an opposition to the alt-right's pepes.

Ever heard of #ImWithKer?

KnowYourMeme #ImWithKer section: knowyourmeme.com/memes/imwithker

No.

To be fair these are shitty Holla Forums memes. Other boards had generally better shit though Holla Forums produced some timeless classics in the early days.

Holla Forums didn't make pepe a hate symbol, the mainstream media did that.

Bill Mitchell disowned pepe he's ours now.

/r/AdviceAnimals/ happened. They diluted the concept and drove it into the ground any new meme with that format quickly got appropriated by new users who didn't lurk and used the memes for any random thing. The only ones that ended up being sustainable were shit like confession bear and awkward situation seal where people just used it as a nano blog.

Yes LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
πŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”œπŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸˆΆπŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†—πŸ†’πŸ†“πŸ†•πŸ†“πŸ†šπŸ†“πŸ†•πŸ†“πŸ†šπŸ†•πŸ†“πŸ†•πŸ†“πŸ†•πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ΄πŸŽπŸ΄πŸŽπŸ΄πŸŽπŸ΄

At least use old memes and not that Facebook-tier trash.

These days people can just look shit up on Know Your Meme though.

Here is the new rule:

If it's documented on KnowYourMeme, stop posting the meme and make a new one.

That site should be considered the gate, and all that passes through it can be considered mainstream and thus ruined. Meme Elitism might be picky, but it keeps the memes fresh and funny. I am against all forms of elitism except meme elitism as any wise memer should be.

I miss bachelor frog, was a good meme

I see your point but I'm starting to think memes going mainstream could be a good thing. The Robbie Rotten one was used to help fund Stefan Karl Stefansson's cancer recovery. That shit's a lot better than the meme magic retardery that Holla Forums et al circlejerk about.