Keyboards are vidya lets discuss keyboards

Keyboards are vidya lets discuss keyboards

What switch you using?
what keycap set you using?
why dont you have a good keyboard instead of that $10 microsoft one?

Other urls found in this thread:

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.0
keyclack.com/product/group-buy-maxkey-sa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just got a Drevo Gramr 84 with black outemu's. It feels really good to me, especially for the price.

different keyset
the set i got on now is actually called Skeletor
that one is trouble minds, I'm just using this for now

If you do not have a number pad, you're a scumbag.

Linear switchfags belong in an oven, tbh.

Numpad for vidya is objectively inferior to having a mouse with ~4 side buttons.

You can have both, you commie shit.

Why would I need both? In what world is removing your hand from the mouse to use a keypad better than just using your side buttons for vidya?

None? Just use the side buttons if you want things mapped to the side buttons, you rampant homosexual queerboy.
You can use the numberpad for any situation what either, don't require the mouse, or requires advance mapping.

I'll never understand the love of linear switches

Speaking of switches I am going in hard my next build
Gonna be a WKL 80%
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.0
While I very much prefer 60% and 65%, I did not get into a buy for the 65% I was after and kinda didnt really like the rama 65% so I decided to go into the Mira group buy instead

I have chosen to use round 5 zeal housing and putting in aristotel stems in them to make the most tactic clickly switches available
zealiostotles feel so amazing, they are tactile as fuck while being even more clicky then blues

well, a kike would know best about what belongs in an oven

i was thinking of getting a unicomp keyboard because

over >80% is a meme keyboard more like it

pckeyboard.com 103 key
best keyboard on the market

whats your favorite bind

binding of issac

Model M and derivatives are great for typing, but terrible for gaming. 2-Key rollover is noticeable as fuck.

Gorgeous boards, and ~$400 is reasonable for that ridiculous build quality, but $47 shipping, god damn.

Every thread until we like it, apparently.

>

I have a Ducky Shine 3 with MX Greens
They're fucking great.

come on fam…

you're a fucking meme

lmao

hey GAMERS how do you expect to FRAG NOOBS for the EPIC WIN when youre still playing on that crusty $15 TAP SLAB? Do you really expect to out macro the squint squads with that LAME membrane or more like membLAME am I right fellow gamers? Are you seriously still using that CRUSTY BEIGE board, bruh? Geez grandpa get with the times and scout that CALENDAR. Invest that dispensable income you've been saving for Half-life 3 (Y U DO DIS GABEN XDDDD) into something that'll really level up your game into the pro-leagues!

Yeah, your old keyboard can send keystrokes…. but does it have BURGUNDY MX GOLD BUCKLE PARABOLA FLUX ELECTRO-MAGNETIC SWITCHES under EVERY KEY!? Can you put on CUSTOM KEY CAPS that look like your favorite Doctor/Marvel™© super hero/Star Wars™© faction? Why pay 100% of the money for 100% of the keyboard when you can pay TEN TIMES that much for half the keys and get 420 TIMES THE EPIC GANKS in your favourite esports like OVERWATCH or DOTA? ROFL do you even game bro? GEAR up GAME up LEVEL up to be the BEST. Your APM will be THROUGH THE SKYBOX but only with the BEST in true gamer HARDWARE to match your BEEFY RIG. GAME ON FELLOW GAMERS

reported

Matias quiet click's are my favourite switches by a country mile.
I'm using the keypad for blender and pirates gold.

Cherry MX aren't that great, but browns, blues and clears are good enough. The Realforce 87u with its topre switches is true quality, understated and extremely well-made.

I just couldnt have a board without MX stems
I like custom keycaps far too much

thankfully there are so many options for that and you dont have to go with Cherry
I am super excited for my Zealiostotel board
never typed on a full board of the switches but its basically everything I want from a switch

Let's not.

While true, the point of a mechanical keyboard is in the switches. My old Zowie Celeritas had keycaps that were completely sweat-proof, but had MX brown switches. It's incredibly hard to find the 'perfect' keyboard with good quality keycaps and rare switches at once. Better to just go with quality over rice imo.

its why I build my own, put the switches I want on it and buy keycap sets I want

Ive been into the (((hobby))) for like 4 years now and only have a few boards because I am far more interested in caps over boards tbh

Like Blues/Greens and BS, I like them, but I can't get used to them for spammy vidya. Browns/Clears are the only thing that seems to work for me on that front, even when giving myself up to a month to adapt to new switches.

this

Only topre board id consider is a HHKB for the circle jerk and weeby muh japanese keyboarded folded 60000 times in the volcano of mt fuji

I also really like the HHKB layout but that can easily be replicated with dozens of other boards

This is a genuine question. What good and cheap keyboards are out there? I don't care about mechanical or digital. I just want something good and simple that will last me a good while.

I don't think you can go wrong with any particular keyboard as long as you don't abuse it. My dirt cheap Logitech Keyboard still holds up after having used it for years.

Ishiggy

There aren't any that are both good and cheap. If you don't care about mech vs membrane, there's no reason to move away from the ~$12 K120s if you're happy with that.

Hey, that looks pretty good. I might get that. I've been using one that came with a pre-built PC probably more than 10 years ago.

As far as membrane keyboards go, it's great. Used K120s for several years before going mech.

I don't know much about keyboards, I just got myself one of these glowing faggot keyboards and so far I'm pretty happy with it. It feels sturdy and it's easy to clean. The glowing is kinda pointless though since it's under the keys and it doesn't actually help you see the face of the keys in the dark.

the only thing better than MX browns are the clicky MX greens and blues

I'm going to get an Ajazz AK33 for my birthday in a bit, is that a good cheap mechanical keyboard? Pic related.

What switch type?

I've looking up shit about this keyboard and apparently it has Zorro switches.

Oh, you meant switch type. They seem to come in different types, it doesn't pack just one type of switch.

That's what I mean. It either comes with black or blue clones of cherry switches, and they're going to have a vastly different key feel. If it's blacks, those are linear switches, and linear switches are inferior to even membrane keyboards. If they're blue, you're okay.

I've got a Logitech g15 I got for free from somebody, and besides stupid little apps for the LCD screen, there's no difference I've noted between it and the plain $10 one I had before. Keyboards are a meme.

You're the exact opposite of a Sam Hyde. Sam actually likes things and doesn't live in perpetual shame of it. You are a faggot.

Yeah, pretty much.

Dunning and Kruger phoned, they wanted you to know you're a fucking casual, your shitty G15 is completely irrelevant and your opinion on mechanical keyboards is worthless since you are worthless.

MX Browns and Khail Blues on my numpad
Some allegedly PBT doubleshot stuff i got for $10 on ebay
BECAUSE I SPENT SO MUCH GODDAMN MONEY

tfw don't have enough spare dosh anymore to buy a greenswitch keyboard

these threads are no different than a "rate my razer build" thread. if you spent over 20$ on a keyboard there is no difference whatsoever between you and the person in this picture.

the difference is I'm not a PC gamer, so a better quality keyboard is a necessity. enjoy your rubber domes I guess

Confirmed too poor to even try a mechanical keyboard

MX switches are a meme.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, whiny faggot.

Fuck off m8.

G710+
Cherry MX Brown

Loving every keypress.
Lack of a detachable USB cable sucks fat cock but I got the keyboard for $50 when it normally goes for $100 on sale, so I'm happy with it.
Thinking of getting a Quickfire Rapid down the line if it breaks.

This. Dont fall for the memechanical keyboard
/thread

too lazy to take a new pic, so ignore the GPD thing

Yes its rainbow
Yes the spacebar says "DANK MEMES"
Yes its a custom WASDKeyboard that cost over 200 dolalrs
Yes im here, im queer, so steer clear.

mfw this causes people serious anger

Brown switches btw.

I think they're getting discontinued for the new Masterkeys series.

I do wish I still had my childhood keyboard.

You fags don't realize this is a fingerbox thread.

Oh look, anothere meme keyboard bait thread.

The real memes are the poorfag posts we make along the way

Where can i buy cheap key sets?

Ebay.

I bought this one because I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I'm actually impressed by how sturdy it is and the keypresses seem a lot more accurate in rhythm games than my previous Noppoo choc mini was.

I don't feel like dropping $100+ on a quality mechanical that'll last me longer than a year, so I'm just using some Microsoft Ergonomic memeboard. I probably ought to get another mechanical sometime soon, since my wrists are going the way of RSI and Carpal Tunnel, but I'll survive with this piece of shit for now.
At least I reclaimed my numpad, having a keyboard without one was horrible.

When will chinese knockoff scientists make SA and GMK that don't cost a nintendo switch per keyset?

i can't even go back now. all i could ask for is different colored keycaps

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

They already have started, thequality is apprently kinda early stage so not the best but ye
Look up max key
keyclack.com/product/group-buy-maxkey-sa/

That isn't nearly enough keys to play Guild Wars with.

sour grapes

who exactly are you quoting?

You.

I never said a single thing like that

Hello newfriend!

Thank you for making my day, user.

I use a U.S. bee numb pad to play games, and speech recognition soft where to type posts on forward slash bee forward slash. Saw gay in all fields.

are you fucks high?
He's spending all that dough on a keyboard that has no numpad, no additional functions like a volume wheel or media keys, it has no lighting rgb or not, no rubber bottom, no software for customizing the function keys, no programmable keys, and since it was made for mechanical switches, it's not going to be used out in a rugged environment like something with "great build quality" usually would since the switches and keycaps are too fragile and get shit under them easily. On top of all that, you're getting switches that are loud as fuck instead of trying to strike a balance between tactile feedback/feel and sound.

If you are like, "I don't need all that shit", then why spend the money like you do need all that shit? shit man, go to a metal shop and have them make it, I bet it'd be cheaper.

Do you even know what kinds of keyboards are out there on the non hipster market? Seriously, branding and shilling aside, no memes. Have you tried looking for a suitable keyboard that already exists? I'm sure it does.
Corsairs rgb keyboards are great in build quality, you can open them up and fuck with the switches all you want, and you get all these other functions and features for 1/3 of the price. Logitechs keyboards are proprietary in terms of key switches, but they feel great, and they have an actual warranty.
I'm using a logitech g19 keyboard right now, and it's great. It has a little screen on it that shows all kinds of neat info, like the time, or youtube, or a media player, etc. it has media keys, programmable keys, a volume knob, and decent backlight.The keys feel great too, similar to cherry mx purples which are my favorite, and the keyboard has lasted a long ass time.

If you're getting a durable keyboard because you rage a lot, then why risk the money? I wouldn't spend 400 on something Im going to beat up when I get mad because it's eventually still gonna break, not to mention it's metal, so if you were to throw it, it would surely cause a lot of damage.

I don't understand why you'd do that, spend 400 on a keyboard with nothing to offer besides being heavy and durable. If you really wanted that, IBM made some great keyboards way back like the IBM Model M. It feels nice and clicky, has all the same functions as your keyboard, and it's 300 dollars cheaper. That 300 is a roundtrip flight to vegas, It's a new console, it's a new hard drive, it's food, it's bills, it's gas, its a new phone. Sure you may value your keyboard quality more than all those, but why burn money.

no

alright. Gotcha.

wew
It's like you like not having functioning hands in the future, and comfortable ones in the present.

feels good

That is a very nice piece.
I personaly prefer the three-hole over the one-hole (aka top-hole).

Are you collecting fingerboxes or just buying them for daily use?

Ergonomics is a meme.

please help me find a piss-cheap keyboard with a numpad, media keys (stop, play, next/previous) and a volume wheel. no volume keys, it's gotta be a wheel no i don't know why but i've had both. i want a das keyboard pro since i've heard crazy good shit about them, but since i'm a cucknadian i can't find one for less than like three hundred goddamned dollars

Dell SK-8135
:^)