How the fuck does the engine of a video game create this?

how the fuck does the engine of a video game create this?

Other urls found in this thread:

76chan.org/sp/res/303163.html
www167.lunapic.com/editor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This another work of Yang Xueguo?

Stuff from nightmare

source

Looks like every other vertic, pixel, triangle, polygon? what ever they fuck they are using got a reverse location when it rendered. The face imposition one seems just plain fucking got the coordinates wrong and went to "center" or something. Thats just a wild ass guess though.

The trypophobia meme has transcended into vidya.

what the fuck

The source of the spider nest is pretty simple. The face was basically "folded inwards" because of the stated "centering" that fucked up, creating a sort of digital black hole of face.

The honeycomb is also easy to explain. If you look at the eyes it becomes clear that they're inside - his face is withing. The game is essentially pulling almost everything from his face out, getting rid of the depth and creating a flat plain of honeycombed face. Except not everything is getting pulled out, which creates those holes.

Maybe.

You know I'm actually impressed by that, if you don't notice the eyes the second face just looks like a stack a wood badly photoshopped into the picture. Usually when faces bug out they're a lot more "obvious glitch" and a lot less "stuff from your nightmares" except the bug eyes. The hair really sells it for the first pic.

it looks like a creature that can only scream at you, incredible

76chan.org/sp/res/303163.html
Identify yourself NOW

Getting weirded out here fellas

So this is what they decided to do with Silent Hill

what the fuck is that

Cherubism, it's a form of skin cancer.
Robert Z'darr had it may he rip in piece

What are you talking about, user? Those are the famous professional baseball players Pube Vortex and The 2D Dimensional Traveler.

Looking at this shit makes me so fucking itchy.

GIVE҉ M҉E҉ ҉A ҉KISS user

Same way it creates everything else: math.

thicc

sent :^)

AW HELL NAW

I didn't want to stare into an eldritch hell today.

I keep touching my screen when I see that image because of the hair on it. Does this bother anyone else's autism?

Not until you pointed it out.

I could have lived peacefully without seeing that.
NOW I CAN'T.

I NEED SOMETHING TO WASH OUT MY BRAIN AND EYES
I CANT THINK STREAIGHT ANYMORE

I once went to the cinema as a kid, and in the waiting line I saw a little girl who looked like she had a bowling ball stuffed in her cheek. Her face was stretched downwards similar a rotting zombie, her eyes appearing like they were constantly fixed to the ceiling and her grotesque cheeks almost reaching the bottom. My mother tried to turn my eyes away from the little girl, but it was too late at that point. The monstrous visage had already been imprinted in my memories.

At least I now know what it was that I saw, though it doesn't help alleviate this feeling of existential dread.

TOO MUCH INSIGHT NIGGA

Not so much a cancer as a bone growth mutation. It's quite survivable and the abnormal growth stops with puberty so the problem can be corrected.

Jesus fuck, that one on the right makes my skin crawl.

I'm forced to think of something nice, like maybe he's just a delicious Kit Kat wafer man, still waiting to receive his yummy chocolate coating.

Hairball on the left I don't have anything to say about though.

Allow me to make it worse.

plase could any psychiatrist user explain that why these are abysmally gruesome? is it related to "universe is a simulation theory" or what?

Because they look abnormal. If something doesn't look correct it means it could be infectious.

you just destroyed kit kats for me you faggot

Doesn't take much fancypants knowledge. They look extremely strange. A human with a head like that is going to be repulsive by virtue of your mind knows nobody's supposed to look like that. It doesn't fit within the world's established norms.

What would it be like to rub your dick on the second one?

Nigger detected.

yeah but your pic for example does nothing to me. why?
OP's pic is how I imagine ayy lmaos would feel like. not look, specifically, but FEEL. something akin to uncanny valley but not exactly.

In the case of that pic, it's still got the human shape. The basics are there. It's less fear as a result, I'd say.

The stahlhelm doesn't help either.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

post unsettling stuff in bidyagaems

That actually helped.

I almost deleted this thread thinking it was gore.

Holy shit I wanna spoil that so bad

Fucking Christ. This is what games should be taking advantage of if they want to scare people, not BOO ARE YOU SPOOKED YET.

This shiy my skin crawl and I feel itchy.

this honeycomb face is some horror vidya shit
fucking nope im out m8

True horrors are created by accident.

It is too late. The damage has already been done. I will not be able to sleep soundly tonight.

We need to go back, let's start over until our technology is able to work without creating such monstrosities.

Do you think it might not actually be an accident but some kind of Lovecraftian entity fucking with us on purpose? We have one that manifests through memes, I wouldn't be surprised if another one or the same one manifested through vidya bugs.

This shit is MLB The Show by Sony's SCE, user.

Oh fuck, I thought it was another one of those sports franchises owned by EA.

These are the kinda of things they need to be putting in horror games. Not pale loli with long hair, or gore monster no. 467. These are the faces I'll be dreaming of when I'm screaming in my bed.

It would be very painful.

That game is Outlast with guns but with no concept of timing or tension. That's even more awful when you consider Outlast is an indie game. House of the Dead made better monsters over a decade ago.

You completely missed his point

That sounds like a kickass idea user. (I know very little about baseball, so bear with me)

The idea of a Horror-Baseball game seems fun to me.

IT SAYS RIGHT THERE THAT IT'S A WORK IN PROGRESS YOU SHIT

Horror material.

god help us

First pic spooked me until I realized that he looked like pic related a bit. The second is unnerving as fuck and I don't want to look at it.

that engine must be a dream for horror game makers

I'm pretty sure this is a Junji Ito story.

Is MLB The Show any good if I like those Neo Geo baseball games?

My trypophobia is getting triggered something fierce.

I'm breaking out, fucking hell.

I was just about to inquire how many phobias this must trigger.

Guys this isn't that weird. Stop being triggered.

I would play as the guy on the right, seems like a good player honestly.

WARNING, DON'T OPEN THIS PICTURE

JESUS CHRIST user

What the fuck

Rosie O'Donnell

Okay.

Can't you read?

Reverse psychology too stronk

second one reminds me of those videos where people pull out blackheads that are about the size of ball bearings that leave these massive craters on their necks.

does anyone else feel itchy after looking at it

How so, every modern helmet nowadays is a based off the stahlhelm

I feel cold feet crawling in me. Imagine what it feels like to touch.

The right one, I've never seen such abomination before, I'm scratching my legs all over.

He has a pancake on his face.

You stupid niggers. It's a pancake. He cut holes in a pancake.

Being an unintended glitch that ended up looking abysmally horrible, it gives off a chilling vibe. People who play video games naturally fear these graphical glitches, they're not meant to be there, they can change shape at any time, they can explode into a swarm of sharp polygons, they can crash the game. It would make for a pretty scary monster if created intentionally for a horror game, but it wouldn't be half as scary because it would lose its nature and context.

Taken from Wikipedia.
>Suriname toads are best known for their remarkable reproductive habits. Unlike the majority of toads, the males of this species do not attract mates with croaks and other sounds often associated with these aquatic animals. Instead, they produce a sharp clicking sound by snapping the hyoid bone in their throats. The partners rise from the floor while in amplexus and flip through the water in arcs. During each arc, the female releases 3 to 10 eggs, which get embedded in the skin on her back by the male's movements. After implantation, the eggs sink into the skin and form pockets over a period of several days, eventually taking on the appearance of an irregular honeycomb. The larvae develop through to the tadpole stage inside these pockets, eventually emerging from the mother's back as fully developed toads, though they are less than an inch long (2 cm). Once they have emerged from their mother's back, the toads begin a largely solitary life.

praise kek lol XDXD

Dude no look at his chin and right below his mouth, it's attached to his face. That shit is disgusting.

The sooner you accept it, the better.

Check doobis xdd

You have shit depth perception, user.

You niggers are retarded, is right.

until you play winnie the pooh homerun derby

This "I was only pretending to be retarded" bullshit needs to end.

Why would someone make that?

Pretty tough stuff

Oh I am sorry, you are right. Here is your (you), moron.

Good job ruining the joke, faggots

Fuck you. No fun allowed.

A joke needs to be funny to be considered as such. Dont be retarded.

>>>/4chan/

Shut up you faker

Everyone fucking knows that it's a pancake user. Can't you understand sarcasm?

Let me guess: Everyone in this thread is all sarcastically getting freaked out by the OP images as well. No. No fun allowed.

holy shit user this is a christian imageboard

Ban all newfags until they learn basic imageboard etiquette

I am sorry, humor masters. I wont taint your shit taste ever again.

I could understand if you were fed up with the joke, but that's not what you're showing.

The joke is just really fucking unfunny.

Robert Z'darr is dead?

Holy shit dude, do you have aspergers?

Sadly W.T. Snacks isn't here to do that

trypophobia is a made up phobia, you all look like tryhard faggots, stick to the youtube comments section

I believe you do, user.

:^)

I want to get back to Horror baseball game ideas.

He's saying that a visual glitch in a baseball game is far more unnerving than a carefully constructed character designed to elicit fear in a horror game.

So i guess i'm the only one who thought of this at the second image

I have an idea for a horror game.
>you can become a godlike entity at the end

I agree

Boy do I look silly. Whoops.

Good fucking lord.

Sounds like real life

I'm not so much sickened as I am enraged

How the fuck can it get that many ticks in a single spot?

you could've just ignored it. The way you posted made you seem like a genuine idiot

A lot of blood flows through and they like it there because they have shade and moisture

Go home, Holla Forums, you're drunk.

Why not? Suwako is a good girl who deserves children of her own!

Did someone say "trypophobia thread"?

Thank god

…gook?

Right one looks like it's made of cigarettes.

Tiny spiders with long ass thin legs are OK by me. They look like a cartoon.
It's the ones with the huge ass fucking hairy body that creep me out.

This shit fucked up my day. I would've been okay with gore, necrophilia, just about anything else. What the fuck.

holy fuck when he squeezes it with no glove and gets juice on his hand

For me its the opposite, the hairless ones creep me the fuck out.

But their body is so tiny. You can't even make it out. It's just a tiny ball with thin long legs.

That shit is way too unsettling

> Jews trying to make models

Yeah, there's a difference between trypophobia and just plain gross stuff. That thing repulses you because it's gross, not because it has holes.

Itchy niggas represent.

tha'ts actually kinda cool.
I don't get how people are getting grossed out by that or OP.
I want more horror games with creatures like OP

The stuff of nightmares.

Mangoworms you say?

Yeah.

How does someone let it get that bad?

Is that his brain or skull? Also, while I probably know the answer to this already, is he fucked?

Skull.

From what I understand, that's his skull, those are maggots, and they were put there intentionally by a doctor, because maggots only eat dead skin. It's to prevent necrosis from setting in.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I wonder if the reason this is so scary to people is because of our genetic memories? Did our ancestors, sitting in their cold, damp skin-huts by their weak fires invent such horrors in their minds, or did they experience them firsthand? Or perhaps most troublesome of all, were our ancestors the horrors themselves?

Dig up the webm then

I suffer from trypophobia, ever since a trauma in my childhood. There was this corpse of a lizard, stuck to a wall and dried up. When I got near it, larvas burst out of it.

Wasps sting. It is perfectly logical to not want to be stung, and thus be afraid of wasps.

yes, my great grandpa got down with some Eldridge beings because their pussy game was too strong

stop talking about the others, we don't even exist

Chance is, the process of coding genetic memories does only work on base organisms. So our genetic fears, might the same of very small animals.

Very small animals are afraid of very different things than we are

How necrosis progressed to that stage?

This picture/video always confuses the fuck out of me, because there's supposed to just be this thin layer of skin that supposed to protect your skull, but that's obviously not the case for this guy, so what the hell was going on with him that had to do with necrosis?

2nd one looks like a bunch of wood stacked together.

We have yet to open our eyes.

I can feel the follicles my hair bores through when I look at that. Just fucking nauseating, especially in motion.

Nah it's just the uncanny valley, it's a face that should not be.

God I hate that term and all the faux-intellectual faggotry that it's caused

Pretty common in roo land, wait for the momma at the end

I find these manga worm removals satisfying, doggo must feel great once they're all gone.

Found it sadly

FUCK I DIDN'T SPOIL IT FUCK I'M SO SORRY FUCK

How do they know which parts to blur out?

It's all obscene.

I just wanted to talk about vidya but now I need to drink more

He wear no mask.

They aren't glitches, they're intentional failure states selected by the developers and programmed to occur randomly. To make players laugh.

Time to read the /fit/ sticky

time to engineer a virus that converts excess adipose tissue into hydrofluoric acid and then sabotage twinkie factories to infect all varieties of snackcakes with said virus.

misread this as hydraulic fluid, and why yes I do think it's possible to create a subcutaneous fluid-based powered endoskeleton which occupies fat cavities, turning hampeople into the ultimate soldiers

the key is metallic archaea

Funny my ass, this shit makes me never want to play a game with polygons in it ever again. I can't wait for this thread to slide so that I can forget I ever saw this fucking thing.

no its fucking not

kojima is a hack

AYYLMAO

of course it is! adipose occupies a subcutaneous space which could easily be filled with soft-structured, fluid-based robotics. You could presumably even modify existing body structures to generate suitable fluid sacs, and possibly even actuate them using existing neuromuscular systems (or just use your nerves or muscle sychronisation that to drive implanted actuators).

there's really no difference between powered exoskeletons and an implanted/grown one, and no reason you couldn't layer a hydraulic system over muscle

Holy shit, z'Dar looked normal in comparison to these… things.

I dont wanna alarm you guys, but this thread really makes me wanna talk about videogames.

>>>/out/

Straight out of american dad/family guy.

Do not Google Horse without Hooves

welp, time to ruin everyone else's boners

Holy fuck that is even worse in motion

gonna be honest, I can't even tell what that is, some limb off a dog that's been surgically cut up?

Looks to be the inside of a hoof, since hooves are basically giant toenails that's whats underneath

Horse Hooves looks so brutal being removed. Because they can't grow back. Horses have to wear fakes hoof to live afterwards.

What artificial Hooves being prepared to be made look like.

What hath the programmers wrought!?

is that a hoof?

I see, honestly that's pretty impressive

Yes. Or it was.

Bazinga
You're fired.

I always wonder how in the hell people find themselves in these situations.

I think that's a maggot therapy course.
As in letting the disinfected maggots eat away the necrotic cell of a wound to disinfect the wound and help healing.

Debatable. That guy is very close to gaining the Undead Template.

Simple.

Live an a third world shithole and not be able to afford health care.

Is that pus or just the water?

It's the fat trying to find a way out.

But how much you need to neglect your head for this?

that is fucking scary, but also really interesting too
is it like, a hoof thats been de-hoofed or somthing?

oooh ok, thats actually really cool then, no spook here

I honestly hope it's this. What the fuck.

Goddamn I HATE that feel

Kill yourself.

Anyone has that other one with something like this gif, but with the spiders going "onii-chan" in kawaii desune voices.

Hey guys what's going on in this threa

I am impressed. This is something that's actually legitimately terrifying. 10/10 job, devs.

It's pretty accurate, NBA is creating monsters, it's just bringing it out into the open.

it looks like a baby pepe

I will never understand how someone could let themselves get like that and not commit suicide.

EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT EJECT

Here's a real question: why would you ever de-hoove a horse

to replace it with a prosthetic after irreparable damage to the hoof and not the rest of the foot/leg

Serious infection within the hoof. Sometimes because of hoof breakage if it is bad enough.

Jesus fucking christ that's horrifying.

The images in the OP aren't harmful but they still like fucking horrifying.

I know that's you Gook, you fucking candy ass dog eating faggot. Get your ass back in the thread so I can make fun of you

I'm not scared of holes per se, but I'm freaked out by the idea of weird shit happening to skin. For instance, I used to hate seeing cracked leather because it made me think of my skin peeling and growing scales. When I first saw Seregios flare up its scales in Monster Hunter, it made my skin so itchy I couldn't fight it.

Please don't out me outside of the breads

For instance, I used to hate seeing cracked leather because it made me think of my skin peeling and growing scales.
That'd be fucking awesome, user. Not sure why you'd be scared of that.

Neat
I'll have to buy that long overdue 3ds maybe

It'd also be pretty uncomfortable.

I wonder why survival horror games use bestial/human designs when they can easily go for this.

T-Thank you Holla Forums

Stare at it long enough.
And the she starts to move.
Avert you eyes quickly if you see this happen.

i aint clickin' that shit nigga

Reminds me of hey arnold

Clicked it, waited 15 seconds. Nothing happened.

Someone screencap the spooky part

I ain't touching that.

Nothing is fucking mov

I ain't getting anywhere near that shit.

Now only if we could create procedural generated horror games just as good as that. Isn't it common that to create something that is horrific, you just remove the eyes and rearrange and warp commonly associated human features?

Perhaps you need to take a closer look.

Isn't this how how horror movies usually start?

(checked)
(checked)
What exactly is this

Save her image to you computer. Just don't make eye contact. And remember to keep your door locked the first night you save the image.

what the fuck i dont see anyth

You piece of shit, nothing is happening, I don't believe you and think you should go back to /x/.

Looking at this thing makes me feel a light pressure all over my face. I can't explain it.

Holla Forums spook threads are always fun

nope

I don't believe in your /x/-tier hocus pocus, i'm gonna save it, delete it, and nothing will happen.

MARK YOU FUCKING KIKE

Maybe if we draw porn of it, it'll fuck off.

THIS
where at the drawfags at where you need them?

Right in the trypho. Fuck you.

this shit has potential

They're not actually spiders they're harvestmen.
And so are these.

Post creepy babies

This was the worst fucking thread ever and I'm not quite sure why I even clicked on it in the first place

Change your file names and get different images.

Yes it does. There was Basketball Nightmare, but it was done in a lighthearted style.

wasnt there some not-so-lighthearted monster sports game back in the day?
One about Football and another about Hockey

Mutant League probably? There was even a cartoon series apparently.

It's not animated.
Try sites like this one to check the frames in animated GIF files:

www167.lunapic.com/editor/

On it.

Holla Forums will fuck this.jpg

DICK SPOOKING NOISES

go on…

for you

Times like this, I wish I had actual artistic ability. The /monster/fag in me is fucking dying here.

Don't stop now.

lemme give this a try

over 12 minutes on krita, christ I'm rusty

What do you do?

Whoops. Thought I closed that.

I like where this is going.

Holla Forums's logic gate
Y
N

80%of it will be funny shit with legs bent backwards. The rest will hunt your dreams forever

I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A FUNNY GLITCH THREAD AND NOW I WANNA FUCKING DIE

Snake scales are an actual skin condition I have personally witnessed, though they looked more like fish scales. There was this kid at Judo class whose arms and legs looked like they were covered in dried up cracked fish scales. I was told that trying to scrub it off would rip off his skin in the process, and I can't imagine not trying to scratch it off.

I believe its called ichtyosis. Thankfully for everyone in this thread Everychan is bugged and won't allow me to post pictures via my phone, but I suppose that doesn't stop you from googling it out of morbid curiousity.

well icthy means fish (as in ichthyology). whoever called it "snake scales" must have just been a retarded

ok I googled that shit and got a dead baby with it's gut cut open and insides leaking out

Sounds like it'd be pretty itchy.

Didn't No Man's Sky do this?
It wasn't that spectacular.

Adding to it best I can

Really nice. What a shame the thread's about to die.

webmed for future horrors.

NOICE M8