How many of you actually bought the Switch?

How many of you actually bought the Switch?

The Switch is the best platform on the market right now if you like modern games. No comparison.

modern games are dogshit, die in a fire norm mcdonald

You're probably not wrong. But given how absolutely shit its competition is that's really not saying much.

Did you know that Norm McDonald's co-host is Holla Forums tier?
I think he's gone off on a rant a few times about how the gas chambers wouldn't have been able to hold the cyanide gas, and if the gas was strong enough to kill everybody inside it would have killed anybody near it as well.

This is an in-joke, for anybody who doesn't watch the podcast. He's not actually a holocaust denier

weebshittery and video games are normtier now, tabletops are the only true refuge left

You know it.

I'd like to, but literally every store where I live is sold out and has been since launch.

It has no games.

Gotta wait for them bundles or revisions. whatever comes first.

I wish that instead of buying the HTC Vive which I never use that instead I'd bought three Nintendo Switches and burned two of them. And then burned the last one after finishing Breath of the Wild because why else would you want that garbage?

I can't wait for the inevitable slim/micro versions. It looks a bit too bulky to carry it in my pockets comfortably.

That's some fool-proof logic right there.

I'd sooner shove a flaming poker up my ass.

Gonna wait until the Online is free or until it's homebrewed. Whichever comes first.

Only way to enjoy console shit.

Switch seems fine as a platform. I like handhelds.
I just refuse to support a company that makes me pay for online, so if I'm forced to pay for that, I guess I just won't pay for anything else.

It seems fair to me.

There's already been a proof of concept hack on the switch, maybe if the thing drops in price I'll get it years from now if an emulator hasn't stepped up.

Also, is this a good launch?

I have absolutely no idea about console sale numbers and references, but 1.5 million worldwide cant be good

Yeah these are better reasons, was too reliant on homebrew appearing to list it myself I guess, hence why I settled on a reasonable bundle.

For March, yeah. They sold out despite it not being Christmas & overpriced, but you could also attribute it to the tiny amount of units available. It'll calm down during the summer. What you want to look out for is what gets announced for the fall and if it picks up during that period.

By the time I finish my back log I will get access to switch emulation

should i buy the Switch? or is it just like a big 3DS?

I actually wasn't sure if they held back on how many units there were or not. I know they hardly had any preorders available, something ridiculous like 15-20 per store, but I think most best buys here in Phoenix had 50-100+ units on launch day. Granted, I have no idea if that's considered a lot or not.

Why would you bother asking here?
You already know if you want one

I didn't but I kinda wanted to. I don't want to pay to play Splatoon 2 online. I don't want to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe all by myself. I don't want to know that I've been conditioned from a tender age to not be able to resist pokemans.

Why in the flying fuck would I ever buy something so worthless from (((Nintendo)))?

The leafs must be raked.

If you have to buy it, wait a few months for the library to grow and the hardware to improve.

Yes, but a strong launch doesn't always matter in the long run. Remember, the Dreamcast had a pretty strong lauch too.

I think it was a smaller amount from what I've read. I never saw any sitting in stores in Colorado, but that's probably due to the California locusts having money.

The next pokemon game is gonna be a diamond/pearl cash in remake, so you can wait it out this year until Nintendo either figures out if they're charging for online or going full M$. Unless you have money to burn, I wouldn't get one now. You'd get to enjoy playing a Switch with free online, then have your fun games get walled off (possibly for good) behind a paywall.

Thats actually wrong. People underestimate just how bad the WiiUs specs are. In fact, a Tegra X device for 300 bucks actually sounds like a pretty fair price this time. Unlike the WiiU, which was literally 3 Wii CPUs strapped together

I heard that the specs were actually pretty close to the Wii U in some area, but the CPU is improved and has double the RAM of the Wii U/

Which equates to 6 Gamecubes ducktaped together, right? How many Wii U's make up a Switch then? We need to make a console metric conversion table, this is getting confusing.

The Swich isn't measured in Nintendo consoles, but it can be measured in Vitas

No one on here plays good video games so yeah they bought it. They're all memeing shitheads with awful taste except a minority of you

Alright, how many Vitas do you have to solder together to equal a Switch?

Only thing that looked interesting for the Switch is also on Wii U and is easily piratable, so no.

People underestimate how weak the Wii was too

Gamecube=Stock clocked PowerPC 750CL
Wii=Overclocked PowerPC 750CL
WiiU=3 PowerPC 750CLs on one die

Unprofessional opinion?
I'm going to guess two

1 Wii = 1.3 GCN
1 Wii U = 3 GCN = 2.31 Wii
Is that a little more accurate?

Sounds right, it can remote play PS4 games like a Wii U pad, so it would need a little more to be a Switch. 3 at max.

please bully my asshole aniki

You're right, in the past it might have been worth it for the exclusives but in [CURRENT YEAR] its not.

I collect weebtrash figures, I have enough paperweights already.

I would have, but unfortunately I live in an area rife with scalpers, and despite shipping to every store in the area yesterday, everywhere is still sold out, and my ass may be dumb but I am not purchasing from some niggerfaggot scalper who should be shot in front of their parents for being such a faggotnigger.

Waiting for a price drop and more then one good game outside of zelda, also waiting until they fix the glaring fucking software issues with the console.

If they fail at any of it, no buy.

(checked)
Scalpers must be making a fucking killing off idiots. Most of the negative reviews for these are people thinking Nintendo is the one charging those prices.

Then again, most Canadians are fucking retarded anyway, but that's another story altogether

Yeah I was going to say, canadians are second only to idaho in the production of potatos. Essentially only people that preordered managed to get one where I live but I have high hopes for the next shipment considering they are "doubling" production. Unless Pablo's shithead friend at gamestop sell them the entire stock.

Cautiously waiting until E3 to see what other good exclusives are on the way

I feel like Nintendo fucked itself over by making yet another underpowered system, I know devs are lazy and shit but DQ Heroes running at sub 20fps like what the fuck is that

I had some extra money

One more game? If the sum of the games you want aren't equivalent to the cost of the console, then you're just throwing money down the toilet in the hope that maybe something good will come out eventually. If you're not a nigger, you can wait.

I got one 'cuz I'm waiting for piracy for it. Should have an emunand setup before the end of the year if the claims of it being an updated 3DS kernel with the FreeBSD network stack are true.

It's lacking at the moment but I have no complaints with the thing itself beyond the lacking battery life; joycons are good controllers, things look impressive and run smoothly in handheld mode. Not going anywhere near 1-2-Switch with a ten foot pole though I might pick up Snipperclips, Breath of the Wild is a very good open-world game despite not being a traditional Zelda game and Bomberman R is good. I picked up Shovel Knight on the thing too because I'm a good goy and the Specter Knight campaign is pretty damn good, musical style to all the remade level themes reminds me of Mega Man X along with Specter Knight's playstyle reminding me of Zero's from the PS1 MMX games.

There's a new Blaster Master? Oh fuck I loved that game as a kid. I might get a switch, but probably not since I don't even own a television

You don't fucking need a television.

Neat. Is the handheld mode that good? Maybe I will get it then. How's Splatoon 2 compare to the WiiU version?

Handheld mode works nicely for me, but I also get the sneaking suspicion nothing available for the system would even necessitate the dock's overclock at the moment.

Splatoon 2's global testfire isn't even up yet so there's no metric by which to go for it. Should be going live next week at which point people can get opinions.

That's what I said i'd do.

Moar ivanka pls

I did. Zelda is pretty great, Super Bomberman R is worth a shit now that its been patched, Blaster Master Zero is nice, and Fast RMX is fast. Snipperclips is fun if you have someone to play it with.

I haven't touched it since MHXX leaked though.

Patched?

I've been thinking about buying it if there is an animal crossing edition that gets released. That's how I got my 3ds, and I have no regrets about that purchase.

Plus I am a massive furry faggot and I like games with talking animals.

Sorry. Sometimes when typing these things out I feel like I need to get some shit off my chest because I lie to myself alot.

There is a gossip about Nintendo realizing Overwatch for the Switch, how many dead brain people will pay for that?

I'll buy it IF, they release a Wario Land and WarioWare with Waluigi debuting in both.

Nigger

This

Gotta fucking love how these faggots will try to justify their shit purchase with literal shovelware.
They're even defending and buying from Konami now.

user, is it really shovelware when that's the entire library of the console?

Only Blaster Master Zero is literal shovelware, the other 3 are legit good games. And if you think Fast RMX is shovelware, you deserve a nice punch in the face for being such a faggot.

BMZ is better than Zelda but that's not saying a lot

Oh look another contrarian shitposter. You must have brain damage if you think BMZ is better than BotW.

RXM is shovelware

YOU ARE A GIGANTIC FUCKING FAGGOT AND MUST KILL YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY

Nice ad hominem

The older ones for the N64 were ok but this one is trash by pachinKonami and you shouldn't buy it.

It's fucking bomberman
It's been the same fucking game for 25 years

What are you niggers even talking about

I just want Mario Kart 8 Dex'd and Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2

You're the biggest jackass so far

apparently nogaems is contagious

I may get one in a couple of years or so. Just like how I will likely be getting a PS4 this year because I like fighting games I also want a Neo Geo, since I've never owned one.

https:// www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545
Between 2 million available systems targeted for the first month of sales and a default production rate of 8 million a year, set before the system had launched, artificial scarcity fags are BTFO. For comparison the GameCube sold 5.8 million in its first full year and the WiiU sold 3.4 million in it's best year so they have aimed way above the trend.

With them now stepping up production to a minimum of 16 million after evaluating just the two first weeks of sales they are definitely not stepping on the brakes.

Consolefaggots don't learn

does bomberman 64/the second attack and bomberman hero play the same way? no, you illiteral fucktard

But only one of those is good.
It's the first one

yes

Admitting to buying a Switch should be a bannable offense on Holla Forums.

All of Holla Forums will be banned in a year or two with that in effect

If Holla Forumstard on here started buying Nintendoshit in droves then that's probably for the best.

I don't get it, why is he holding a trumpet to his neck?

Only 2 million units were shipped in North America as whole. That includes Canada too.

Because it's a hearing device and not a trumpet.
You put it in your ear.

Even africans can afford these now. Fuck off with your retro shit.

You're that guy buying vinyl in 2017

Your response makes no sense.

Those trumpet-like hearing aids are obsolete, so one shouldn't assume people will recognise them at first glance.

No. That's world wide and what they planned for the end of March. They bumped that up when they got good preorders, so they may have been able to get close to 2 million at launch, but again world wide.

True, but that's hardly a good reason for being uneducated and limiting yourself.
You asked what was going on in the picture and I explained it. Just because I didn't point out that you're a nigger doesn't mean that you have to chimp out over your own lack of knowledge.

Yes, one should.

Nah I can't argue with that, we live in an era where people only recognize floppy disks by their being used as an icon for Save features in video games and Microsoft Office-like programs rather than as media storage.

How nice of you to admit defeat, you ignorant fuck.

Cuckchan

How can one man be this wrong and have such bad taste?

0.05 gold coins have been deposited into your nintendo online account.

The Nintendo meme is strong in America and the jews at Nintendo know this. Just look at their marketing for the Switch .They lost the kids market to tablets so they've only got miillennial faggots left to appeal to.

The Switch uses a cut-down version of the Tegra X1 where 4 cpus are shut down and three of the four remaining CPUs are used for games.

Faggots will never learn.

Nvidia jewed them hard with their defective junk.

Chip scans or GTFO.

I'll go further. Hero is a mediocre 3D platformer with one great stage theme, and the Second Attack is the most painful, unbearably slow game I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

THE TL;DR BOMBERMAN 64 - THE SECOND ATTACK EXPERIENCE:
He's invincible 90% of the time
He hit you the instant you recovered from being stunned
You lost all of your firepower/bombs because a certain enemy hit you
He's twice as fast as you

I have no clue why everyone other than reviewers at the time loves this game to death.

But the game is fun, i don't give a shit about your autism.

Touching my cousin's tits is fun and yet it's wrong.

That was uncalled for, god what a weirdo.

I didn't, but one of my friends apparently bought it for Zelda. I think Nintendo at least learned from their previous consoles to have a good launch title this time around. (By "good", I mean enjoyable for the average consumer.) A lot of Nintendo fans (and normalfags who don't usually care for Nintendo) are eating up Skyrim 2 open world Zelda.

Depends, how does this compare to the last 2 generations of console launches for Nintendo?

Currently no, but if you're dumb enough to ask that on Holla Forums I'd say go for it.
>issues with hardware/software >paying launch price to beta test
>only game is Skyrim 2 Zelda, if that even interests you

Pirate them, or wait for a couple of years.