ITT: Underrated games

ITT: Underrated games

Other urls found in this thread:

businesswire.com/news/home/20040930005117/en/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Battle-Bikini-Bottom-Greatest-Hits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I post this game in every "good licensed games" thread, and so does literally anyone else on Holla Forums. It's a great game but hardly underrated.

Skyrim

:^)

The ones I like.

The ones (You) like.

Fifa street 2

I go to reddit too, OP.

The sequels are garbage but this game was pretty fun and had some crazy shit as well as decent writing.

fallout 4

More like overlooked, anyone who has played knows that the game is a masterpiece.

Sorry mate but Teleroboxer is shite.
It's a bad version of Punch-Out.

it's sister game is the underrated one, pal

9/10, lots will reply.

Second one looks animeish so I probably wouldn't like it :\

damn i miss them days

How are those lego games underrated? Everyone loved them.

They don't get talked about as much as Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Double Dash, the three best selling Gamecube games

How fucking young are you? Childhood is like Lego Rock Raiders.

Lego Star Wars was 12 years ago.

wat?!??!? epic fail!!!? angry basement man says its the worst game evar XD you fucking casuals need to grow up, queer!
rawr XD

I am the only one who played this game

This game had no right being as good as it is.

Even the GBA version was pretty great

What you are is retarded.

That is babies first Tales game, millions of people played it.

I played the GBA port of Madagasar, I thought it was pretty good. Has anyone else played the GBA ports of the Pro Skater games? I thought they were pretty damn good despite the limitations. They redesigned a lot of the levels to make them work in an isometric view.

Essentially Elite or Privateer but in a mining colony with solar-powered ships. Fantastic music too.

According to VGChartz, Psychonauts sold around 120,000 copies on both Xbox and PS2 combined in the states and Okami sold 540,000 copies on both the PS2 and Wii combined in the states.

Do you have any proof?

Being one out of ten people who actually played it - it's fucking great but by god did it get fucked by virtual boy.
I seriously hope someone will remake it in some fashion, the controls were extremely good.

No you're wrong, it was the only side selling JRPG on the gamecube and it was the first tales game many people played in the west. Big seller, very popular, you're stupid. That being said it's the most bare bones simplistic Tales of game and I recommend people skip it.

I still think nobody likes steambot. It's basically shenumue on the PS2 but you play the whole game not in 3 parts.

It wasn't as popular as Thousand-Year Door. Unlike Tales of Symphonia, I actually knew people in real life who had Thousand-Year Door. I remember going to my friends house and playing that game and wanting it. I've met multiple people who played TTYD and it was more popular, trust me.

Fuck off nigger

This was actually a pretty good game

I wish more people played this game, but since it's a "licensed game", it didn't sell well.

it may be popular but i agree the halo series really is underrated just because its not quake and people shit on it only because of that

Am I the only one who doesn't really like this series?

I'm fairly certain most people who don't regular threads like this don't even know this exists.

What fucking world do you live in? It's the second most normalfag-popular shooter after COD.

That would be Counter Strike

Call of Duty was never a popular series

Glory Days 2.

The last time I heard anyone mention Counter Strike was a black kid in Middle School.

Back in the 90s, this was the most popular normalfag shooter

You must never talk to other people about videogames then, it's the most played game on Steam.

Normalfags play on consoles. X-Box primarily, but some on PlayStation or Wii.

Nigger, literally everyone has played CS at one point or another. Halo is only popular with XBox owning burgers. America is not the entire world.

Uh, normalfags play the Wii a lot. Mario Galaxy was really popular with young kids, preteens, teens, and adults back in 2007.

Speaking of,

My sister bought me this for christmas 2004 and I didn't play it until New Years.

I regret it, because it was solid as fuck.

And I'm telling you that's not the case.

They play it a lot because most games that still do couch co-op and the like are associated with the Wii. Ownership is lower, but number of hours is maintained.

Halo is not nearly as popular as you believe it is.

It's down by a lot at the moment, but I guarantee you, if another game gets put out by the series, people will eat that shit up.

What do you mean? I thought it had a similar amount of content to Phantasia , I haven't played Destiny or Eternia yet so I can't comment on them.

What am I looking at?
I can't read moonrunes.

That game fucking rules user. Its a great 3rd person shooter.

I got this game with my DS Lite. I don't think it's very good. I'm just stating it because it's a bizarre game that I doubt anyone else on this board played, just like your title.

This game deserved to have a competitive scene

wwwwwwwwwww

I consider both of those games very underappreciated. Both are some of the finest 3D platformers of the 6th gen and still mostly holds up to today.

A good number of people played BFBB and the game sold well by early to mid 2000's standers. Link related
businesswire.com/news/home/20040930005117/en/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Battle-Bikini-Bottom-Greatest-Hits

Let me get this straight.
You said "I'll never find another person who has played this."
Then someone asks for the game to probably play it.
and you just laugh at them.

しね

Good point, user.
Maybe he likes it that way, he doesn't want it to be played, so he can bitch and moan.

delete this

Checked, but that's horseshit user. In the west Symphonia was the only entry in the series to sell well enough to warrant a Player's Choice/Greatest Hits style print and for a very long time (until Xillia or so, due to Namco actually trying some marketing for a change) was the best selling game in the series out here. And that's saying nothing of how Tales has remained quite popular among its native consumerbase.

If you want to talk "underrated" or at least "underplayed" amongst western fans in relation to the series, Destiny PS1, Eternia, and Legendia would fit the bill better (on account of the former two having very poor marketing and sales in the west with not even the option of a cheap PSN rerelease should one not want to emulate, and the latter being a fucking strange entry due to a guest team and prone to turning people off of it). And if just focusing on Gamecube RPGs, Baten Kaitos Origins and Lost Kingdoms II would be more fitting.

In terms of content I think Symphonia lasted me a good 60 hours at minimum when I first played it (about twice as long as Phantasia PS1 in my experience). I think what he means by "bare bones" has more to do with the mechanics and combat than anything. Symphonia borrows various plot elements from Phantasia (which works out, being that Symphonia is a distant prequel) and seems to use elements established from Eternia as a basis. Symphonia itself doesn't evolve on the formula all that much (while later entries have in many cases evolved, and in a few, devolved at times); the intent seemed to have been to try to see how a 3D Tales would work out, as the prior games had all been 2D in both combat and graphics. While the field is 3D in Symphonia, there's no free run, essentially leaving all players on a 2D plain of movement that can only be slightly tweaked by swapping targets. The skill system is also rather primitive. Abyss would improve on both fronts.

I wouldn't call the game bare bones myself, and its certainly not bad. Just that for some the combat can feel rather bland if they're used to the refinements of the more recent entries.

The fact that more people haven't played these games is a fucking sin.

Being an original Nintendo IP that doesn't get a Super Smash introduction, just like Wario land, Urban Champion, the famicom blob things. I guess we'll have stick to the fuckboys from Faggot Emblems.

JUST

I've played every single Tales game and Symphonia is down there with Legendia/Melfes as being the most simplistic graphically, dungeon wise, gameplay, etc of the series. It was a newer team tasked with making Tales of 3D's first game, so it didn't mean to achieve much and for a while Symphonia's games were still the weaker of the two (other being wolf team aside from legendia which was melfes).

You need to fuck off.

I wish Custom Robo got a sequel set in the far future before the GameCube ended.

No one seems to talk about this series anymore. I didn't even realize they made any past part 2 until I looked it up. I don't know how bad it got after 2 but the first 2 were good from what I remember.

I don't think I've ever found anyone else who's played this.

2 is the last and best of the series and the split-screen versus robbed most of my teenage weekends.
3 was a total crap piece which flew under my radar until my friend picked it up and kept saying it's good shit which i tried and dropped within an hour.

The ones in PS2 is nothing but abomination, never tried the PSP and i don't intend to. I'm getting old on hoping sequels will get better.

I like Todd and his games. Fuck the noisy Holla Forums who complains about him all the time, most of them barely even play the older fallouts, let alone FoBoS which is also my favorite despite being a let down.

Finding Nemo was actually a pretty good game with awful loading times. Clearly you haven't played the game

Just wondering, is VGChartz actually a reliable source and why? Cause if it is one, then Psychonauts and Okami can fit on here

I played them being a kid so there may be some nostalgia involved but they werent that bad.
3 is a huge stepdown from the other two in that I agree, but the PS2 one was actually pretty fun if you were one of the few people with online in the PS2.

Sure the game was full of shitty and stupid bugs, but the levels were a challenge and teamwork was essential. In my entire country we were like only 8 or 9 players that would play the game online but we had a blast considering for most of us it was the first online game that was focused in team work and strategy instead of just being a counter strike rip off.

VGChartz only considers physical copies and is not totally precise. You must consider that Okami for example got an HD remaster so even if its day it was overlooked people recognized for being really good and became a classic.

VGChartz is apparently very accurate if you only care about physical sales and the game is old enough that all physical sales have pretty much stopped. It cannot count digital and has unreliable numbers at first because of the way the site works.

mmmmmmmmmm a lttle something called

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL

oh and this one

Renegade Ops was a blast.

game wasn't as good as everyone pretends it is

Lego Race 1 and 2 were the shit

so contrarian big boy, here's your star.

thanks, but like all ubisoft games from the day, they just weren't that good.

This is actually a fun fighting game

Were do you live?

Well that was disappointing.

Darkfall. Best Tasos game.

FUCKING UNDERAGED GET THE FUCK OUT.

But user, he'd be at least 22 if Rock Raiders was his childhood.

Everyone born after '90 are all under age. You can't convince me otherwise.
Fucking NEWFAGS

???

Loved this game

shit taste detected

>>>/reddit/

fug yeah, the destruction was great in that game being able to just throw building at your opponent was cool as fuck

A shame that game never got ported to something with more powerful hardware.

This tbh. It had a few bugs on release but it was sooooooooooooo worth it. Quintillions of unique and beautiful planets, each with their own lifeforms and landmarks to discover? Sign me up!

Hardly anyone has even played it.

i'm looking for my daddy, have you seen him? he looks a bit like pic related

ironic shitposting is _?

It will always be a dream to eventually play this with a full local multiplayer lobby.

10/10 title.

I agree

I only thought BlOps 2 was unironically okay. The rest still fall to the same trappings of CoD stereotypes while also trying to be some kind of super serious Tom Clancy-esque thriller

Wow user you must like be a nerd XD if you can spend this much time shitposting such a nerd XD totally not a normalfag whos going to post this on facebook

finally

Hi lime, how come you don't do your fucking job anymore?

Way to waste those trips

It only took you a thousand posts but you got trips, congrats
but you stilll haven't learnt to sage

He's been fishing for dubs in this thread for 50+ posts. They shouldn't be checked.

there's no point to sage if it gets deleted

Maybe you shouldn't be dubs-spamming the thread.

I will probably never understand why people hated on Black Ops 1 so much. It had a solid Campaign and Multiplayer and probably the best zombies map ever Kino Der Untoten.

Since we are on the subject of Call of Duty pic related, I will also never understand why this game got so much hate. People love to say that Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 were one thousand times better than this game, but it is like they completely ignore the Stopping Power bullshit in Cod 4 and MW2 and the incessant One Man Army Danger Close NoobTube bullshit in MW2.

This is a really comfy and fun game, and it's still a treat to pick up and play every once in a while.

Fuck you X-Play, this game was fucking comfy and good, it didn't deserve the fucking award for Worst Game of the Year

MW2 and Cod4 were just more fun overall. I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's just a combination of many things. MW2 had better art direction (see pics), better sound and music, better animations and better maps. MW3 looked ugly as fuck, had no good soundtracks or gun sounds (hitmarker was the only satisfying sound in the game), no new badass animations like the akimbo Model 1887s being flipped over after every shot or the FAL having the old magazine pop out to get replaced with the new one, and the maps in MW3 completely sucked ass, there was Dome, Mission and maybe the 2 maps that took place at construction sites (one was dlc) that were good. The only thing that kept me playing was Infected, which somehow benefited from the game's bad weapon balance.

This game was fucking A

/thread

I liked Black Ops and would've liked it more if it didn't run like dogshit on PC.
Holy shit the port was unbearable, it actually runs better with higher settings, what the fuck is up with that?

Do you mean Hardhat?

Pikmin is not necessarily underrated, but I Never personally met another person who played any of them.

Now I know this game is underrated. Fucking Crab Bombs

Good factory game. Not sure how many people know about it. Not really that underground or anything, but not super popular either.

Three words; Dual wield shields

Made my day

Cortex Command is underrated because the dev took like 12 years to finish the game and released it full of gamebreaking bugs and placeholder text
And then waited like 2 years to add workshop support. When mods were the one thing keeping it alive for all those 12 years

This game does not deserve the shit it gets, on the hardest difficulty it forces you out of the safety of the boring gears of war cover pop a mole shit and becomes a decent 3rd person shooter.
How insanely fast you die lends to the oppressive gritty atmosphere of shithole china, you feel the pressure as you desperately spray your trashy chink knockoff skorpion at your target praying to headshot them

Campaign was complete trash if that says anything , mw1 and mw2 managed to do something interesting with the repetitive formula, mw3 just exploded stuff on the screen for the sake of explosion.

On a counterpoint, the survival was a good idea, even if the execution wasn't so good, I don't remember last time I saw a full fledged wave based survival based on modern weaponry and traps that doesn't involve anything supernatural.

What kind of fucking plebs do you hang around?

Don't really see anyone talking about this game anywhere, maybe it's just mediocore or I'm unaware of similar games that did it better.
I like how it encourages creative playing and non-lethal playthroughs (even forces you to do one mission non-lethal) it's quite pretty and has a nice soundtrack as well.
It worked fine back in the day but it seems to fuck up for a lot of people, especially the steam version. I have a pirated one and it runs okay, but after I get to the sherwood camp and do the side missions, castle missions won't unlock and merry men won't produce resources so I can't progress too far at all. Maybe I'll try running on a virtual machine.

under not over.

its underrated on Holla Forums :^)

Woops forgot the best game of all

I wanted to like this game because it's stylish as fuck, but the enemy variety is so fucking poor that it gets really repetitive, really fast.

Titan Souls was alright though even though the name triggers the shit out of Holla Forums.

It gets mentioned once in a while, actually. Mostly in similar threads to this one.

I played it some 10+ years ago (so take my words with a grain of salt) and I liked Robin Hood a lot more than the first Desperados, because the missions were a lot bigger and easier to do if you wanted to play non-lethal missions or if you wanted to kill your enemies without alerting everyone on the map. If I recall correctly, in Desperado, you would have to play it a lot smarter and slower so enemies don't hear the gunshots, but in Robin Hood, you could take out enemies a lot easier. The story was a tad more bland and basic than Desperados, but the levels were a lot more beautiful than the same old orange everywhere.

Unironically one of my favorite fighters of all time. One of the most unique, too…

I agree.

kao the kangaroo

The fact it's Kojima game and NOBODY played it it's a fucking joke.

The multiplayer is definitely the most underrated competitive in the history of gaming.

Is this Aiden?

Here is my choice.
I 100%ed it

really underrated game where team work online is essential especially if played in a higher difficulty

my best moments was when i was a zombie i had to obstruct zombies from reaching teammate while reloading in his last stand

we still lost though

please play this game guys

It's ogre.

still alive along with MGS3 online due to private servers

fallout 4 was a flop the fuck are(U+200B was here) you talking about.

Thia game was fucking amazing on the game cube.

Those cattle missions were hard as shit.

Fallout 4 made allot of money but for what it was it was overrated. you a little fucking die hard fan boy if you disagree. the game had allot of potential but it flopped hard.

pi ka pika
pika piii kaaa~

muh negro friend

Good games don't need to have lots of mechanics to have deep gameplay.

Bait that's both beautiful and unbelievable. Weeeew.

If it were free maybe, as it stands it's a tech demo you have to pay a lot for

You get a fuck ton of replay value out of it though, that's like whining about how Devil May Cry isn't worth $60 since you can beat it in a sitting.

The only things that game got right were the aesthetics and the soundtrack. Both of which were amazing, with the former being the strongest.

I think thats the only game I've ever 100%.

Some of the most solid, no-bullshit MP around.

It's the best space game ever made tbh.

top these

This is wrong, and you are wrong.

ok i've played hella goblin commander, and the game is fucked.

10/10 game. Had so much fun with this as a kid.