He's still using Windows – Babby's First OS™ – to play his vidya

What are you waiting for? Drop that shit and install a *NIX already.

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
level1techs.com/video/ryzen-iommu-pcie-passthrough-works
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I actually don't.

My router already has linux, numbnuts.

I use Fedora on my workstation.

Why not use a games OS for my gaming PC?

I'll set up Debian eventually.

Big words from an OS that uses a Windows wrapper for almost all of its video games

They're Windows games, of course you'd use a Windows wrapper.

What's objectively or rather one of the best Linux distros with no backdoors? The only games I still play all have Linux ports and emulation usually works fine on it, so I hear.

Considering the next gen processors are going to prevent anything other than 10 from updating, I'd be fine being slightly behind on directx.

What ever happened to comfy mid-skill unix-like Linux distros you could stay on forever? Every distro seems to be mimicking Windoze these days.

You can always dualboot Linux and 10 with no online access allowed. That should fix the security issues it has with all the benefits and little downside, right?

None of them.

t. CIAniggers

Holla Forums-tier insult. Try again.

100$ wasted potential.

Hello, newfag.

>>>Holla Forums
Call me when I don't have to use a fucking emulator to play my PC games, faggot.

Don't be a retarded NIGGER

Confirmed for CIA nigger.

You're retarded user.

Are you new? You must be new.

ReactOS once it actually play vidya. Until then Jewsoft 7

Don't threads like this technically break rule 7?

For you to stop being an elitist fuck

whoa, sexist much?!

I fell for the linux meme then one day i booted my PC and the linux installation didn't work. Shitty OS tbqh fam.

Should I update to Windows 10? Will my cemu shit not work otherwise?

I don't think it was sexist in this instance to assume that when reaching out to someone to move to Linux that they'd naturally be male. Females pretty much max out on tech at smartphones, vibrators, and combinations thereof.

You simply can't handle my unironic autism.

Go back to ricing your Arch install, nerd. Linux is fucking Windows-lite at this point and you aren't special for using it.

Linux does what WinDONT
FAGGOTS

Not playing games is a thing Linux is very good at I'll admit.

I thought you used it all the time

MacOS is the superior Unix-like.

sickburn

Haha, you fell for the linux meme.

Well you are suggesting the other regular visitors on this imageboard known as 8ch.net with it's sub board Holla Forums to install GNU+Arch Linux in proxy form with a uploaded image of a penguin holding a compact disc with the word "Arch Linux" written to it, I'd like to refute your point and I am going to argue that there infact several other GNU/Linux Distributuion available to download, the most popular available distribution that is for free to download are the following: Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Gentoo, Linux Mint, Trisquel (It respect your freedoms, no binary blob). And since the corporation known as Microsoft has a strong monopoly on the desktop market share the majority of Windows OS users are not very familiar with their computers which means their knowledge of it is limited and they cannot handle advanced distribution such as Arch Linux. I hope you will consider my point and acknowledge it that not every users like to tinker with their systems much.

The more I hear about the internals of macOS the more absolutely fucking horrifying it seems, and also it has even fewer gaems than Linux. It's pretty, but what else is good about it?

I see we are up for some real serious gnu slash linux discussion for once at Holla Forums.
A rare bug good sight.

They're all compromised, all OS are. Get one without systemd. without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
I don't know which is the most user friendly there but Mint 17 is systemd free.
That said Linux users are such elitist assholes. Don't tell me that Linux is more user friendly the simplest thing in linux can go wrong and you'll have trouble fixing it if you don't know what you're doing. Just other day I updated my network manager and it broke and I couldn't connect to the internet. Fortunately on mint it tells you it's a level 3 package which may or may not be safe I don't know how it is on other distros.
Once ReactOS comes out I'm dropping Linux.

Truly, it is the greatest meme of this generation.

Yeah, why do people use win10?

(checked)
Dubs be damned, ReactOS will come out one day.

You're right not everyone likes to mess around with the internals of the system Linux pros telling newcomers they need to know the system inside and out are wrong, all you need is a working desktop and basic knowledge on how to install packages if you need them. I personally only use Linux for browsing the internet. Even on windows I was playing games and internet, nothing extravagant I'm not a programmer.

You aren't doing s very good job convincing me it's s viable alternative for playing vidya.

Do you have 5 hours to do that shit? Last I checked for Mint it was a seemingly complicated and time consuminig feat to get windows in a VM. I'd prefer a VM, but you lose 10% of performance.

Enjoy waiting 20 years for a Windows XP clone that will never work 100% correctly.

Fuck off

im on ubuntu right now and it is great. i distro hopped a shitload before finally settling so don't give me the install gentoo crap. in every single distro; games get shit fps for me on opensource amd drivers, there is absolutely no way to turn UP the fanspeed for your gpu at all and by default is already fucking lower than windows leading to overheating (what the fuck were they thinking? did they only expect laptops to ever want to run linux?), by default are a bunch of shitty settings system wide like for xorg mouse acceleration is on by default which all games use system acceleration there is no 'raw input' and vsync is on by default in video-ati opensource drivers for fucks sake neither with guis and most desktop environments mouse settings don't work at all, and ubuntu specific compiz fucking hates fullscreen wine shit. xfce4 offers to allow you to turn off mouse acceleration in the gui and doesn't break with fullscreen programs so there is that. in every distro but ubuntu steam will refuse to start without following the arch wiki for steam, calm down i know what you are about to write you predictable autist. proprietary drivers can and probably will break your system so it isn't even fucking worth trying. gaming is possible in linux but it isn't good enough to make anyone switch. literally everything else is better though for most users

So I'm stuck with software rendering for everything until I feel like installing something else.

I'm actually posting this from a Windows VM with PCI passthrough while waiting for my drivers to install. Linux has been fine for me most of the time, but there's still plenty of games you'll want a dualboot or VM for every now and then. I don't think the average Holla Forums user has the patience for it, but there's no excuse for using a version of Windows later than 7 or expecting any security from it. If you mostly play old games and emulators anyway then go for it, but if you gotta get The Latest And Greatest™ AAA games, then you're probably better off keeping it simple and dualbooting or just using Linux on a laptop. and getting better taste If you want to stay away from the digital jew as much as possible, then Linux is your only hope and you should only use Windows in a VM or on a separate machine with minimal network use if any.

What's with all the Linux shilling? I presume none of you autismos get paid.

I wish. I've seen superior Linux master race fags with Youtube accounts.

There have been linux threads on here for ages. Plus, not to mention the fact microsoft has a death grip on PC gaming kinda fucks everyone over. This is a company that gives no fucks about its consumers and will do whatever hardcore jewing they can get away with. Imagine if the xbox1 was your only choice for console.

I had vm passthrough working but with old parts. I want Ryzen to stop being hacky so I can buy some parts and actually get a decent one. level1techs.com/video/ryzen-iommu-pcie-passthrough-works video from where I got a passthrough guide

Free and open source.
Which is a hell of a lot better than DRM and attempts at monopolies.

I'm using:
3 machines with dancefloor
1 machine with bartender

Let's see who gets it.

Windows is a meme OS with each iteration making the meme more stale and unwelcome.

Havent touched windows for a while now, is it possible to play AA2, CM3D2 and honey select in mint cinnamon?

Allegedly Windows 10 is the last, and now they're going to move to a updates as a service model, copying the Apple OS X business model. So far they've yet to publish any major updates which cost money though.

Microsoft have to be the dumbest fucking company around if they think that would work. Gabe Newell worked at Microsoft, he knows how to fix bugs that Bill Gates doesn't like to admit still exist in the OS today. If they were to introduce some kind of "bug to cripple Steam," they would just work around it. Gabe didn't just create Valve on good intentions and rainbows. I find this story a hard pill to swallow.

Not without a virtual machine, don't know what that acronym stands for, and don't know. But I'd guess the answer for all three is "not without a virtual machine" or Wine.

Just fucking end my life.

Also just saying, but don't expect broad strokes of compatibility from the Japanese. They're JUST adopting Windows, so their Linux support is going to be spotty at best. You're going to be using Windows or a Windows compatibility layer to SOME extent no matter what.

bill gates hasn't worked at microsoft in years

Education has nothing to do with intelligence. Even the feeble minded can manage to graduate from a college.

I know he hasn't, what I'm pointing out is bugs that are STILL in Windows to this day, even after he's gone. Things you would think they'd have fixed A DECADE AGO.

linux is a meme

There's your problem right there.

Nor does the implication that I am ashamed to have gone to the same college as this retard imply that I conflate intelligence with education. The reason why the feeble minded can graduate from colleges is chiefly that they have been utterly undermined as educational institutions and turned into degree mill safe spaces for people just like her. We just had to have our equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity, because otherwise the women and the niggers simply could not hang.

Oh, trust you me, we can make it happen.

Anything truly is possibly if we put our minds to it.

Except spelling, because fuck. Singles?

Use your VPN in a docker container.
Mint needs to go the extra mile to break that.

you know what's a good meme
now that's a fucking MEME

Eh, only thing that makes that "important" is how you want your OS to look initially. Back during the days when Red Hat was considered the best Linux distro every Linux distro was different in fundamental ways. Nowadays Linux is homogenized and your particular brand of bullshit is the same as everyone else's brand of bullshit.

Get lost Holla Forums.

Go shill your homosexual penguins elsewhere.

Shame too, there's a lot of neat software and init systems out there but almost everyone is sticking with systemd and other bloated shit because it's CURRENT YEAR.

are you retarded

What the best OS for Waifus?

Windows 10, yandere a best

Does anyone else have problems with Source gamesleft 4 dead 2 specifically on newer kernels? 4.10.x or even 4.9.x?
4.8 runs just fine.

Pirated Windows 7 is the objectively correct choice for vidya

What the hell is systemd?, explain me like if I were retarded.

The init system is the first process started by the kernel during bootup, and it's basically in charge of starting, supervising, and shutting off all processes on your computer until you power down. If it crashes, so does the rest of your system, so you ideally want it to do its job well and absolutely nothing else while being fairly small and maintainable.
systemd not only fails at all of this, but also tries to do everything else such as device management and networking while fucking them up too. Despite being a bloated pile of shit written by huge faggots (one of them being so incompetent that he's forever banned from working on the Linux kernel), it's being adopted by most big distributions for retarded dev politics reasons. It doesn't help that the developers never give a single good reason for using systemd either (aside from "muh rootless X"), and usually just call you racist/sexist/homophobic for not using their shit software, yell at you for being anti-progress (because other init systems totally don't exist), and talk about how shameful it is that people use anything other than systemd in CURRENT YEAR.

I… wut…

gentoo
very submissive and let's you rummage her every nook and cranny

Painfully obvious bait, every faggot that fell for this should empty the contents of a loaded shotgun into their mouths

Wikileaks, CIA

threadly reminder that it's only Ganoo/Lunix threads that Holla Forums gets butthurt about doing nothing and begins defending AAA shovelware

/thread

lol

Install gentoo.

CIA has backdoors into linux as well as windows. so there's no reason to use linux now and feel special being able to type gibberish in a command prompt just to play 10 year old games

You can't say "No" to the biggest player but still say FUCK YOU to microsoft. Why? because i still CAN.

The backdoors, revealed by wikileaks, for Windows (CIA codename bartender), Linux (dancefloor) and macOS (jukebox) are pretty weak. They probably hide the good stuff somewhere else.

The most important thing is threat modeling. Who is your adversary? Criminals? A state entity?

It's easier to defend yourself, if you know what you want.

I'd argue, that it's easier to harden GNU/Linux against remote attacks, without going into details. On premise attacks are hard to counter on any platform.