So i've had this GPD Win for a while now (i've had it since the geek buy preorders) and i've got a few games and...

So i've had this GPD Win for a while now (i've had it since the geek buy preorders) and i've got a few games and emulators on it but i've not really wanted to get into playing with it until now.
Are there any games that you would specifically recommend for a device like this? i've been looking for good controller based games (because using keboard/mouse on this defeats its purpose) and i've got stuff like owl boy and some shantae games, plus rayman origins but i just cant seem to find good games other than those.

as for emulators i mainly use ppsspp (for muh patapon, project diva, and untold legends) but i've also got a GBA emulator and fightcade installed.

Any suggestions would be cool, and i can always post more pics / info about the device if you're interested.

its a custom WASDkeyboards mx cherry brown keyboard if you must ask, and yes i designed the colors and shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rJHJKjcPDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also hi guys

p-please help me

If you didn't want people to comment on your keyboard you shouldn't include it in the shot.

Its like if you're subtle with your attention-whoring, you can get away with it, Like those guys who make a "I'm going to kill myself recommend me games," threads.

Off the top of my head, for GBA I recommend: Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, Sigma Star, Megaman Battle Network Series, Medabots, Golden Sun, and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

i honestly dont care if people comment on the keyboard, i was just 'avin a meme.

and thanks for the recommendations, but what about games off steam?

I don't typically play the sort of lightweight indie games that flood steam so I can't really say, but now that I think about it, it might be a good way to pad your library.

Controller based pc games that will play on a hand held toaster? I would imagine every decent indie game would fit the bill.

I've got the GPD XD. I put every Genesis game, every SNES game, Every GBA game, Every Turbografx 16 game, a bunch of PC-Engine CD games, several MAME games, every Neo Geo Game (that I could get to work) and a few PSP games on it. I don't use it too often but it's nice to have hundreds of games sitting in a single handheld.

Does the GPD Win have the same battery flaw as the XD where if you plug it into a quick charger it kills the battery and bricks the unit?

no, even though its a chink company and it looks like chink shit, its really well made.

gpd win, as in win for windows, is preinstalled with windows 10.

Has nintendo sued them yet for stealing their d-pad?

I wanted to get this, but all the driver issues and shit put me off. Does it run okay now or still take a few hours to get up to best performance? BIOS still locked down?

I'm still semi tempted to get one, or just wait for a Pyra and hope for the best.

How comfy is it?

my version runs great, no overheating and no driver issues (however i did go on the gpdwin reddit and find a download for a downgrade driver install that fixes the problems people complained about.

dunno about the bios, i do know you can unlock it if it is locked.

ohhh but its got TWO SD CARD SLOTS WHOOOOAAA

unbelievably so.

imagine having a full computer the size of a New-3dsXL

Despite shittalking the Pandora, I did like it. If the Pyra improved the build quality, I'd give it an attempt.

What's performance like on games you've tried? Even bother running Dolphin and shit yet?

Terms of games to play, always the usuals for toasters. Doom, Quake, Blood, Duke 3D, etc. Battlefront 2 apparently runs perfect on it.

So most everything old from GoG?

dolphin is sadly unplayable, it just cant handle the INTENSE GAMECUBE GRAPHICS

there are videos of people using hacks and shit to get it to run but i've not gotten them to work.

performance of games i've played is perfect, no slowdown even in rayman origins
i did however set the graphics in RO to low just to be safe
emulators excluding dolphin work perfectly

the problem with doom, quake, and dick kickem is that those are FPS games and i refuse to play an fps without a mouse and keyboard, so i need games that play well or are made for gamepad

all the GoG games i've run are flawless
you can even see in my second picture, all those circular icons are GoG games.

looks like they ordered 500 CPU boards for the pyra, shits on for real soon

This is even worse.
>>>/out/

Can I run Linux on it ?

Have you tried Mednafen PSX?

You can.

It looks like it's better than a smartphone then.

How well would this thing play Elona?

Came here to ask this, if so then this is a great machine.

what the heckers is this game my dudes?

looks a lot like TOME (tales of maj'ahal or whatever)

Elona has ultra low sys reqs, so it should be fine in that regard, although good luck reading text.

oh boy…
It's a mega autist "life-sim" game that plays like a roguelike.
You can do almost anything in the game, go on, ask if you can do something, I'll probably tell you you can and how.

Just use low res, i do it to play it on a TV from my bed.

I want to make a gang and sell drugs, die and come back to life as a vampire hunter.

You can.
Ass soon as you start go south to Derphy the the thief town. There you can buy slaves and if you have high enough charisma you can get a pretty big team. Join the thieves guild and there are probably drugs for you to sell, I never took that path, but the game does have alcohol and crimberry is supposedly addictive.
Dieing and crawling back up will happen all the time if you don't play on the harcore setting, but you'll get weaker everytime you do.
Becoming a vampire hunter is easy, just gear up and explore dungeons looking for'em.
Since it's rogue-like gameplay, lots of things happen in text only and lots of things just happen, so roleplaying is required. So don't think you'll ever be designated by the game as a vampire hunter, but if you decide to hunt for them you're technically one.

how can i program the game "Elona" within the game "Elona"

Is there multiplayer?

oh, well thats kinda lame
since i've gotta pretend to do stuff.

Hi Brackey

Mod the game and make it capable of handing, other than that, it's "not yet implemented" :^)
The real answer is that of course you can't do anything outside of the game's mechanics limitations, like you can't walk around in real time and hack and slash do spinjumps by spinning your analog stick and jumping, but jumps are probably doable with skills or just roleplayed with the characters moving by eachother. And well, you can always buy a computer in the game and pretend it has elona in it.

I wish, due to the rogue-like turn based nature of it it's pretty much impossible. I wait for a day when someone will make a game like elona but with real time combat and multiplayer capabilities.

I think it's part of it's charm, for example, there are random citizen NPCs that spawn on villages aside from the key quest giving ones.
There's a crazy cat lady that lives in a town that everyone pokes fun at, but a random NPC(that I think is a werewolf) started living in her house and sleeping close to her. I see that as the guy moving in with her and putting his dick in crazy just because it was too easy. What I'm saying is that the turnbased roguelike nature of the game leaves a lot of blanks of what is actually happening around, and you have lots of freedom filling those blanks, hence the reason it's so hard for a real time game to be as complete.

Well, most indie games are a safe bet. Stuff like Shovel Knight, Spelunky, Stardew Valley, etc. Harvest Moon games are god-tier comfy on handhelds so I recommend Stardew Valley the most.

Nice keyboard btw. If you like it up the ass, well, I ain't gonna judge. ;-)

who are you saying that to and whos brackey?

i do in fact like it up the ass, specifically from large muscular bearmode men
but as you can see from the text on the spacebar, i also punctuate all my written communication with dank memes. also you can tell by my windows keys that i am infact a #sadboy vaporwave injecting trash child.

What are you fucking talking about? it handles dolphin just fine. I got fullspeed in brawl, windwaker and in sunshine when I tested it myself. Don't spread misinformation just because you're a turdlet.

hey friend, i understand social interaction isnt your strongest skill but chillax!

also turdlet? thats uncalled for.

I've not had any luck with dolphin and all the hacks and or tricks i've found that people use haven't worked for me, could you share your secrets of good gaymcube performance with me?

Two outta three ain't bad, is it? I can be your meme daddy.

as long as you dont look like stallman.

also which two of the three are you?

What if I told you I look like Stallman but my dick's big?

Would that sway your opinion at all?

look, im sure you're a great guy and im sure your dick is massive and would fill me up to my stomach

but the pear shaped head, the massive gut, i dig the beard and long hair but thinning like that is pretty bad.

One day I'll find a twink that loves me for who I am.

HUFHUFHUFHUFHUF

without posting my real picture, i basically look like this but with a beard and long hair.

bonus points if you know who that is btw

its alright, i understand that some people on here are kids / people without jobs

is that brote?

u mad bro? :'^)

Go to bed you naked canadian dolphin

what are you, a freetard linux sperg?

only a poor person would be that stupid… :^)

She's not coming back Jim! get over it…

oh crap man, you're right, i should have gotten something that couldnt do the following:

all emulators
the majority of steam indie games
all games on GoG
all dosbox games
with built in gamepad
all while being a fully functional computer that i can use to browse the web, watch videos w/e and if i want i can stream games from my main computer.

completely right my friend, not worth 350 and totally just a shiny GBC

Retroarch
ePSXe or PCSX-R
PCSX-2 (probably won't run well on there but it'd be fun to experiment with)
Dolphin Ishiiruka fork (same situation as PCSX-2)
SSF (or God-forbid Yabause if it's too demanding)
Desmume
Mednafen
Gambatte
Mesen (or Nestopia UE if it's somehow too demanding for that thing)
Kega Fusion
Project64 or Mupen64
4DO
Virtual Jaguar
Stella
ColEm
MESS and MAME
DOSBox (frontend of your choice highly-recommended)
Fuse
Hatari
hoxs64 or VICE
uae64
blueMSX
np2
Applewin
Final Burn Alpha

That should cover just about everything.

Have you tried Freedom Planet yet? It's pretty great if you're into indie platformers like Shantae and Shovel Knight.

Polish faggot on youtube reviewed GPD win and showed this channel.
Guy runs games on uber low specs on low hardware including GPD win. Might be actually useful for you.

Meanwhile I will wait for one with better keyboard.

Or I will just make foul of myself and ask.
If I were to go full retard and write some code on it, how would it preform?
So basically can you easily post on 8ch with it?

awesome, thanks a bunch.

i've heard of that game on the whispers carried on the wind, i'll look into it for sure

yeah dude, is me posting from the device after taking a screenshot.
as for programming and code compiling you gotta expect it to be slow compared to a laptop or desktop, imagine compiling something on a phone but maybe a bit faster.
biggest problem with programming / doing any kind of typing intensive tasks is that the keyboard is purely functional. Its a thumb keyboard and its pretty clicky but its also very stiff.

if you're wanting one with a better keyboard you need to check out the GPD Pocket which is a linux based (with win10 option) UMPC which is more akin in style to the sony pocket vaio computers.

Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=-rJHJKjcPDs

makes me want to get this one too, but not only is it more expensive, i specifically bought the gpd win for the gaymen potential.

hufefufefufefu

Please just fucking go back to reddit you autistic fucking nigger

see

le get over it XD

pic related, its me laughing at you're salty butt

also i would like to ask, what else would i run on the GPD win?

OP is a cuckold faggot

Dont even fucking use it all of those games on your desktop are shit and have been outdone by games older than them you're a fucking reddit tier autist anyway so I'd advise everyone to ignore your thread before some idiot posts a legitimately good game and you ruin it bet you're a fucking brit too

Oh shit nigga this is exactly what I wanted.
Now lets freaking hope it won't get to some absurd price imminently after release. I am not giving money to indie gogo.

I'm guessing you're the kind of poster that has to bring up Reddit in every single post or else you just don't feel complete.

Is that your cat? Mines loves a blanket too.

man I hate those things

nah dude, pure blood americlap

also what ARE you babbling on about, like are you ok? sounds a lot like some extremely sour grapes my man.

but since im in a really gay good mood, please share with me the games that are better because i honestly am on the hunt for great games!

FREETARD ALERT
STALLMANITE ZEALOT ALERT!

nah man just tossin a meme at ya, you cool.

the ~rumor~ is the price is like 400-500 usd totally wooooorth it…

why do you dislike them? i think they're essential on compact portable devices such as this, and when i owned a thinkpad x60 it was really nice and smooth to use.

Did you miss the rainbow keyboard?

They are literally giving them away for 399 on indie gogo. So price of decent enough laptop.
Look I am absolute buyfag. I even bought Nier:Automata on release. It was absolutely fucking worth it.
I am quite fine with it being overpriced because of the same reasons they are putting too high price tag on it. They are only people providing such kind of product. If it means I will get what I want I will buy it.

Yet like I said I am not giving them 399 on indie gogo. I will wait for reviews and if price will go too far up I will give up. Popularity of GPD Win definitely wasn't unnoticed and some laptop/tablet producer is most likely working on their version of it. Especially after they made another product and got over 1000% on indie gogo.

Nah he answered what I asked he deserves to not be called a faggot.
Especially when most people never talk about GPD Win keyboard.

MUH
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK

see- entire thread.

From what I've seen of the Win, it's just not quite there yet. Once I can play Kirby's Air Ride in bed I'll be the comfiest man alive.

So, when there's a GPD Win rev 2 I'll probably be the first fucker to buy one.

Yeah it could be better, but I've been waiting years for a successor to my modded psp GO. That thing (when modded) was an awesome portable emulating machine, but it's over 7 years old now :c…

Feeling optimistic about the specs and capabilities of this in comparison, but who knows~

Believe me, I know your pain. Got my PSP Go with me on my desk right now. N3DS is good for SNES, but it can't emulate PSX like the PSP can. I've got a Henkaku Vita, but it's not as portable and >memory cards.

On a side note, PSTV's are probably the best bang-for-your-buck for a set-top emulator now that you can use USB to install shit. We're talking Vita, PSP, PSX, and pretty much every system going back in time running perfectly.

Shit, I never even considered the PSTV as an option. It sounds like an Ouya that isn't fucking horrific.

TY user, going to check things out.