NieR Automata PC Thread

NieR Automata PC Thread

Game released. We don't have a thread, just a bunch of shitty threads about specific things.

Can't play the game myself right now because I get a white screen (but audio OK) and then the game crashes when I try to fix it by Alt+Enter.

Game is locked to 60fps until further notice.

Game has some hiccups during for myself but my CPU and RAM are from 2011.

But here's the most fucked up part that some autist needs to get to the bottom of;

I played the demo and never finished it because I thought it was so dull. I played the Jap PSN version. I told everyone here that the Hard difficulty was retardedly difficult. People told me to git gud. Melee is 90% unviable because it means death. 2-3 hits by anything means death practically. Enemies are extremely aggressive with faster attacks. So I suggested everyone start on Normal. I failed the intro tutorial section (same as demo area) 6 times, and there are no save points so right back to the beginning. Now it struck me that the demo was nowhere near this difficult and sure enough when I checked it that was the case. Game comes out on PC. The only thing I could see different between the EU PSN Demo and the JP PSN full game was there was a difference in character lvl you start the on foot combat area as. PC version comes out and I try Hard just out of curiousity and lo' and behold; enemies are falling over in front of me and doing demo levels of damage. It's like 3x the damage and 3x less the damage received. You would think a game with such an army of autistic fans would get to the bottom of this but there is something going on. What I haven't checked is if the difference is entirely regional. What would perhaps explain it is simply this; the LVL curve on the western versions is far more generous than the Japs because they want to grind…. That's my current thoughts at least, but I don't care enough to test it. I am not going to waste my time lying about this shit, but I want a test explanation.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127
steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344702757872/#p1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PC port seems to be fucking dogshit so far, needs 3rd party software to play in 1080p res (and above) and performance wise it seems pretty poor too.
Also, since i'm lucky enough to have an amd card, i get the white screen crash a few minutes into the game regardless of whatever graphical options i use
First game i've bought on release day since the witcher 2 and i've got to say: i'm glad i haven't been buying into games on release day for a long time

Pirate link or GTFO you potatonigger

I just wanna play the game, but I'm getting that stupid white screen every time i get to the first 'boss'
Hope AMD release something quick

Whelp this is what I get for having a 'gayming' laptop

Support a good game made by a good dev or gtfo third worlder.

lol

What GPU you got fam?

Fucking hell, I'm not paying a new GPU just for a virtual ass, no matter how good looking it is.

LOL SHIT PORT

In the Nier news feed they say that you will need the latest drivers if you get the white screen.

Get fucked and die

I'm running a 960M With only 2gb of VRAM I'm kicking myself for something with a better GPU.

I honestly regret not going with the console version at least that's guaranteed to run semi-decently.

Newest drivers don't fix the issue

NO WAY

Do not run the game in FULLSCREEN

Definitely causes the visual hiccups more and first thing you will notice is the steam overlay resolution is really fucking weird when you go fullscreen

WINDOWED MODE ONLY

will see if that prevents white screen I suppose

every time

No shit, same thing with Dork Souls 3

HERE'S OUR FIRST APOLOGIST
WELCOME, ENJOY YOUR STAY

Sage for being a kike.

this game is fun, its unique.. its not very casual, but its not hard either. strange game tbh.

you can mash dodge to be mostly invincible which sucks. normal is a fucking cakewalk, while hard is alittle too hard to be fun. i wish there was something in between.

False alarm; PC versions difficulty is equally as retarded as the JP PSN version

Game somehow changed the difficulty to normal when I selected hard.

So my point still remains, why did they change the difficulty so drastically between the demo and the full game. Hard is completely anti-fun at the tutorial to the point it may as well not exist.

As fucking always, never pre-order game, especially ports. Going to buy it when they fix this shit

It's ok keep the OP, it is suitably retarded for this trainwreck of a thread.

Hopw much you'd reckon this is, once again, denuvos fault?
I remember that past games that had denuvo and technical problems worked perfectly fine once it was removed/cracked/whatever.

Tried both the regular drivers and the beta ones, same shit

Unless this is from windows 7

I'm not buying this until its cracked
Most Nip ports are shit at launch before they start optimizing/fixing shit for different builds.

FAGGOT IT'S NATIONAL CAPS DAY

AT LEAST DO IT PROPERLY
YOU GODDAMNED NIGGER

did they change it? i remember hard being fairly unforgiving in the demo as well.

but yea… i found hard to be not fun at all.. just spamming dodge to stay not-dead while only countering enemies. its viable, you'll never get hit. but its boring as fuck. normal is pretty fun if you stick to fun weapons like fists and take risks… -_-

What are you talking about user?

If you choose a res higher than 720p in fullscreen mode it'll still be 720p. Like it doesn't change. If you then change to windowed it will be whatever resolution you set it at, but not in fullscreen.
I used borderless gaming and then was able to run it at a higher res

Can confirm game runs much better in WINDOWED MODE

Crashes/hiccups no longer happens. This is not a drill.

Works for me™ :^)

Should I just go with the ps4 version or do you anons think getting the pc port is still better?

alright i'll just wait a few days before playing then, someone call me when the port gets updated and becomes not shit.

Wait to see if they do performance fixes for PC version or until it's cracked and you can see if it runs well for you.

Remember to practice your triple jump, user. It could save your life

if you already own a ps4… it actually runs pretty good. better than the demo did. also looks much better than the demo.

>tfw it will never be released in my region anyway

Doesn't the PS4 version suffer from stuttering, lack of AA and variable framerates?

whelp it looks like, me and my shitty old GTX 760 I will be buying Nier for PS4 after all.

You can make that second one without it, that first example is probably the only point in the game where its useful.

I'm disappointed but not surprised.

I'm sad Platinum got dragged into this mess.

i think those problems are only on the demo. i was actually surprised at how the ps4 version looked.

i havnt experienced frame drop yet, but i also havnt played much.

Lol, based nips spend more time trying to fuck paying customers than making a quality product. Japan does it again!

Thanks Squeenix

japs hate pc gaming for some reason. are there any primarily pc developers that are jp based?

You don't the triple jump for the first one either, so what's your point?

Team Shanghai Alice ;)

I played the PS4 version, you can litterally throw away the PS4 or similar gamepads for this game. In higher difficulty and fast-paced section you need every finger on every button placed to kill quicker, evade quicker or heal yourself. A Steam controller is very recommend to play Nier Automata on PC that because it has 6 back buttons and gyro for smoother aiming.

You're not allowed to like the Steam controller >:^(

First time these words in this combination have ever been uttered, what the fuck are you on?

Squid humpers spout that bullshit as well. Funny how no one mentions gyro aiming as a positive on something that has wide appeal, like OoT3D and MM3D. Or anything else on the 3DS, really.

kek

but seriously, this game isnt fun at higher difficulties. you can be invincible by just spamming dodge. my hand got so fucking tired after the 1st level i ended up getting 1 shotted by the 1st boss when my finger cramped.
this game on hard is just not fun. sadly.

fuck off shill

Fucking gooks man. Why do they have to fuck up the port and cram in denuvo? They delayed the PC version but still fuck it up, probably because that time only went into making sure the goyim cant pirate the game and now everyone that is paying gets fucked.

I can't even get this piece of shit to fucking launch. All I want to do is play vidya and look at sweet android booty, is that too much to ask?

GIT GUD

If your having issues, try this.
Get the Borderless Gaming app from github and play the game in windowed mode, if the game gives you a white screen after the first boss try skipping cutscenes.
I'm playing this with these specs, I haven't had any issues ever since I switched to windowed mode.

Congrats, until here

you fooled me to take you seriously

4/10

I'll try that after I eat dinner later but I don't have high hopes on account of the fact I have a jewvidia card. All the fixes seem to be for radeon specific shit.

What?

I think it's shitty devs fault

MGSV launched with denuvo and it was perfect at launch.

They dumped all their optimisation in the demo. PS4 version is full of fps drops, jaggy as fuck, low res. The game also is Quake 3 graphics, the difference between the demo prologue and areas after is huge. Don't believe the fucking console nigger lies. I've played both.

I'm playing the game at default PC settings except 1080p resolution on a GTX 970, i5 2500k OC'd to 4.4GHz with 8GB RAM (latter two 6 years old) and it's better than PS4 pretty fucking easily.

If I recall correctly gestalts and replicants were correctly merged in other parts of the world. It was the area Nier takes place in that was fucked.
There's too much of the story taking place off-screen to know for sure, though

So, how long do we estimate it'll be before cracking? I want to support the game and its devs, but I need to make sure my computer can actually run it first.
It tends to be a little testy with different games; Senran Kagura, Dead Space, and Metal Gear Rising all run with no problems, but even on the lowest graphical settings in windowed mode Darksiders will still make my entire computer freeze.

Steam give you refund now you dumbass

but the process is long and boring i don't want to bother because i'm a lazy fuck

So do they at least reference the fact that humans got almost completely wiped out by a magical godess that came from a world with flying dragons?

Wow that's so hard

shit game
shit thread

Myself, I don't like getting refunds unless absolutely necessary; it's easier to just not buy the game. I just feel a little guilty when I want to support a studio but have to refund because their shit don't work.

Yes, if you want, you can read
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127

If you mean in Automata, I don't know, I'm guessing they do. My game arrives tomorrow and I try to avoid reading too much about it. I just came here to see how it runs.

Didn't you fags learn anything from MGR:R? The same guy who made DSFix had to make a fix for that game too.

Play the game first.

I didn't learn anything from MGR:R because that game and Transformers and Korra all worked on my rig.

had no issue running MGR:R after getting it for 6 bucks on a sale of course pc controls were ass but I managed thru it cause i couldn't find my 360 usb controller at the time

They patched MGR:R, but at launch it was a fucking mess, just like this.

What? No, it wasn't.

JAPAN FUCKS UP A PC PORT AGAIN

'TOP OF THE WREW HERE MATE

Yes it fucking was.
steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344702757872/#p1

Stop trying to re-write history.

If you buy a product and the product doesn't work as intended, do you keep it or bring it back to the store?

b.b.but MGR:R runs great on my PC. What did Durante fix?
why would anyone need more then 1080p?

Are you fucking retarded OP? Is this your first Platinum game?
On the hardest difficulty modes available in many of their games you die in one hit. Because the point of the game is to not get hit you double nigger. And they very much allow for that, assuming you're not retarded, while also making sure that the high level play you are assumed to perform for it looks fucking badass. 2/10 got me to reply.
Too bad about Denuvo, Moonman will have to live without my shekels.

Screen on gamepad + gyro doesn't work both well, you are simple breaking your neck.

Look at the IQ distribution. Most people are too stupid to not fool for jew tricks so they get gimmicks like larger monitors with higher resolution, curve, and 3D.

I take it back of course, but I feel worse about buying something and having to return it than if I had never bought it in the first place.

Finally got it after pre-ordering it like a good goy

I can get a somewhat stable framerate on my GTX 1050 if I play it on windowed mode and a 1280x800 resolution.
Mouse controls for aiming your pod kinda suck. They work in the normal third-person perspective, but when the game shifts perspective the direction of your pod goes full retard even if you're holding your mouse still.
Dodging is done through double-tapping which is a fucking cancer because every single double-tap input for keys you are more than likely to tap often is a fucking cancer
Graphics options aren't as extensive as I'd like. You can change blur, effects, V-sync, resolution, shadows, but not really any texture settings themselves

For the record my rig could handle MGRR and Transformers Devastation on medium/high-ish settings just fine with a smooth 60fps, but the performance for Nier is questionable. The framerate does tend to fluctuate more than I'd like in combat. Honestly, I'd wait until they p-patch it or until Durante comes to save the day

So, for AMD users at least the issue with the white screen crashing is tied to sword effects. I toyed around with it and I have not found a solution unfortunately. I'm not going to do anymore tweaking as I only got it to see if I could help with any issues, but it's certainly Platinum's problem so all you can do is hope they patch it. Perhaps an earlier driver before ReLive could work, but I didn't even have ReLive installed and it still crashed for me. Either way, going to refund to get the money back since I was only testing and anymore would push me over the two hours.

For Nvidia users who have the issue too, I don't know. In the other thread someone said it would go right to the blank screen with only sound, and for me it's definitely tied to the sword on my RX480. I was hoping I could figure out a work around easily enough that could be applied for both but no luck. I would recommend you get a refund if you haven't gone over and aren't a faggot enough for the stupid bonuses.

Stop pre-ordering games you retards, even if they have nice butts.

BETA UPRISING

Oh…

SUPERIOR JAPANESE ENGINEERING SUTRIKES AGAIN

Only good gimmick is OLED tbh.

I guess, OLED gives outstanding color and true black but it fades over time and costs bank.

werks on my machine (^:

i5 6600k @ 4.4Ghz + 980ti
Running the game at 1440p
Cutscenes strutter sometimes though, which is really weird since they're cappet at 30fps

Everyone gets to feel smug because more games are coming to PC but still get to be upset because the ports are shit, it's the best of both worlds. You get to have your cake and eat it too

The port is shit. The game is shit. The only good thing about it 2B's ass

Fuck me, man. Why'd you have to remind me?
We need SuperOLED or something. A Hybrid between LCD, Plasma and OLED. That would be badass,

Are they even gonna bother cracking this or is Denuvo just too much of a pain in the ass?

DO I LOOK LIKE THAT FAGGOT MARK TO YOU?

Wait for CPY to crack it. I'll give it two weeks tops.

I didn't even notice these bitches in the entire time I played the PS4 version and walked by them a bunch. Notice them first time with higher resolution on PC.

I get the stuttering cutscenes too, but it only happens at certain moments.
I'm pretty sure it's a pretty common Japanense editing thing. It's supposed to be cinematic.

This fucking game though, my god. Game of the year for sure.

That happened to laptops if I recall right, it was fine for everyone else. You stop trying to rewrite history.

For AMD users.

now that you you mentioned it

I recommend glasses

God, he's so fucking ugly.
Why can't we have a cute mod.

I'D TAKE A COMPETENT MOD OVER THAT

I wear pretty big glasses my console nigger friend.

Also
It's a borderline fucking nongame from what I have played of it on PS4, so unless something drastically changes, which it won't cause that's the bait every autist uses to string you along, then this game is not GOTY in any universe. I say this knowing this board has virtually 90% attach rates for nongames like Fallout 4 while complaining about it.

Seconded, you're blind user. I noticed immediately and was pissed the entire time I could not reach them.

Day one crack when?

Also, I meant to say some are saying the previous generation AMD cards are working. I am unable to try however as I only have the 480.

Oddly enough, I have read that users with 970s and one or two of the 1000 series (i think 1070s were one of them?) were having the issues, especially of the blank screen one. But it also seems to be all over the place for Nvidia, and for AMD it might only be the rx400 series from what I can tell and maybe a combination of ReLive.

Interesting, my hypothesis might be right in that it's something to do with ReLive then for AMD users. There's been some saying non-400 series work fine with ReLive drivers too, but it's hard to tell among all the shitposting of who does and doesn't have problems. Odd though as I do not have ReLive installed as I said above, and even worse that Platinum didn't seemingly test enough on newer drivers that most would have.

Perhaps a similar solution could work for Nvidia users? Roll back to a driver that doesn't have their streaming shit in it (I forget what it's called).

Then why did you buy it twice?

Not big enough apparently. Trust me, I didn't have that issue.

Who are you quoting? More to the point, if it's a "nongame", why are you still bothering with it?

Not an argument.

I can't honestly tell wether you are baiting or legit retarded.

it's like 5 post above user, common

No, really, I want to know. There's no viable way to pirate it on PC yet and you can't have a softmodded PS4, I want to know why you bought a game twice if you don't even like it. Is the buyer's remorse that bad?

HELL YEAH

i dont know what you niggers are complaining about, i got a good pc and can run this shit on 1440p 60fps with no hiccups except cutscenes they feel 30fps. im gettin my shit handed to my by the boss in the tutroial when he goes into his final form, one hit and you die, im having fun with how they mixed bullet hell hack n slash with both 3d and 2d view, keeps the gameplay fresh without gettin stale but that just plain stupid not to have some sort of checkpoint for the beginning

shill

this. the fucking 'denuvo ruins games' performance' meme needs to die. just 'cause shitty, unoptimized games used it first, doesn't mean it's bad tech even if it does get cracked in like 3 days now :^)

This game has steam achievements right (at least the store page says it does and I've seen people looking at the list)? So where the fuck are they? Why can't I access them like other games?

restart steam and they'll show up

yeah you found me out, im a shill because you got a shit pc with fuckin components from 2005. most niggers here complaining have shitty pc's or sonnygers thinking they are pc master race for having some shitty laptop that runs lol or some faggy game

I like Platinum. I didn't fuss after trying the demo much. I bought the game using PSN account funds from years ago. PC version confirmed week after. Stop playing PS4. It's nongame, but it's polished, kind of fun. Can't refund. Bought PC version at bargain price, can't refund. Compelled to finish the shit anyway because Platinum, because waited for how many years, because I don't buy any other games these days, as far as singleplayer as concerned because everything is some degree of shit. I didn't even like the first Nier game. This is first full price single player game I've bought for quite some time.

Also think the Network features on PC are fucked, I haven't seen any corpses at all.

you're posting in a thread about a game released on steam retard

not true, I've seen two corpses so far

Probably not enabled yet.

Different variants of Denuvo affect games differently, whatever the version that nu-Doom used, caused a 20 fps dip across all systems.

Interestingly enough using older AMD cards/rolling back drivers seems to alleviate most of the performance issues the game has.

Thanks user. Maybe it's a ports issue then.

Could someone cap the YoRha loading screen for the sake of wallpaper?

I've seen corpses, but they don't litter the landscape like they do on the PS4.

How do you determine what's a non-game and what isn't?

He is retarded

White screen is happening on Nvidia too. I have a gtx780, to play with 60fps I have decreased the resolution and play in borderless with borderless gaming. The game could have definitely been more optimized, though. Then again it doesn't run well even on the PS4, so I guess it would have been too much to ask for that. Technically the PS4 version constantly changes resolutions too. Good thing I got it s a present and didn't spent anything. Other than the white screen it is more than playable, though.

Checking those quints

Games are not toys. Put it this way; vast majority of retards on Holla Forums would never pass a game design test, but at the same time they would in this new post millennial landscape of retards, all opinions are equal, everyone's a winner, environment.

Oh, you're just shitposting. Gotcha.

Stop shitposting anytime

How do you determine what's a non-game and what isn't?

wew

See this is the reason you're being assblasted by rainbow haired faggots. You never knew what it was you were supposed to be defending, in fact you were the early stages of the very same cancer.

One of my peeves is when people ask questions that they don't want answers to. You've made up your mind.

I don't like pointing fingers, but here I am, pointing fingers.

Why the fuck are people saying this is a Platinum developed game? I thought it was just Square Enix with Platinum on the combat side, not full Platinum. Which explains the Square Enix quality optimisation. The problem is as much the game itself as it is the port.

Why don't you answer the fucking question. What is a non-game and what isn't? Can you win or lose at Nier:Automata? If you can win against an opponent (computer) or lose it is a game because it's a tool of enjoyment.

I can not laugh harder. You are a master comedian.

It's not a hard question. If it's as objective as you're letting on it should be a simple set of criteria. At this point you're the one making it sound like it's an arbitrary label you slap on things you don't like

One of my pet peeves is when people ask question that they don't want answers to. :^)

As far as I'm aware the only thing Squeenix contributed were some of the character designs. Platinum handled every aspect of development from the combat to the sidequests to the leveling system

Is this what I've been waiting so long for?

WHY

WHY DO I KEEP FALLING FOR THE HYPE

I JUST WANTED TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES

No answer will satisfy you. It will only rustle you further. Reality sank in and you're wrong. Your hivemind deflated. Don't lose sleep over it.

Because it was develop by Platinum?

You don't have an answer. Simple as that.

Why are Square Enix's PC ports such shit?

FFXIII
FFXIII-2
LR: FFXIII
FF X / X-2
NieR: Automata

You'd think people would've learned by now.

It's a simple fucking question with a simple fucking answer.
You really shouldn't be so obvious with your bait.

nigger answer the fuckin question.

I summed it up in 4 words already. Several posts ago.

And no, the game never felt like a Platinum game. It felt like I was playing Lightning Returns engine on next gen consoles. So I assumed Square Enix had a bigger hand and Platinum was used to remove the awful combat and promote the game.

Are the stuttering problems something sporadical or is it common?
As in, is it caused by textures loading inbetween zones or is it real stuttering?

This is getting embarrasing.

Why can't I pray for other players? It just skips to the Retrieve or Repair section.

yeah
real fucking descriptive

WHAT WAS HE TRYING TO SAY

You're a bottle of hair dye away from "I don't have to educate you, shitlord!" If there are definitive criteria for what is and is not a game, you should be able to explain them.

Dunno about the replicants thing, maybe it's explained in the Gestalt Reports (I haven't found all of them yet), but in regards to humanity fighting aliens, that bit is explained in a bit of confidential information you hack out of the bunker server at the end of Route B.

Is it objective? If it is then you should be able to tell us exactly how it's determined.

I want to be the little boy

Game: a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Toy: An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something.

?

Posting more non-games itt:

I also said you would not be satisfied with any answer.

That fact that we've reached current year status for comprehension of game design is not my concern. I don't have essays prepared to educate you. Elaborating will only lead to more and more questions where the answers will not satisfy you. You've have made up your mind, and whatever you think is wrong. This is not NeoFAG, no amount of dogpiling on will save you from reality.

You're still shitting up the thread over one fact. It's embarassing. There's one of me and a hive of you which makes it look more sad.

I think praying make the body auto-repair. I say this because once my body reanimated on its own and I had to load game to get my shit back. If a body sits for too long, you probably can't revive it. Don't fucking pray.

Wow, what a surprise!

Being 9S must be tough
>New Operator treats him like she's setting up some 9/ss/ before she gets killed off with the rest of them
>Even one of the bosses outright calls him on wanting to fuck 2B
>He finally gets called Nines right before 2B dies
The S stands for "Shota" and he lives a hard life in multiple meanings of the word.

FUCK, I remember renting that game. I recall it being really good.
Does it emulate well?

How to be objectively wrong

So we know the performance is god-awful.
How unplayable is it with M/KB instead of a controller?

what are your specs?

You can get a PS2 for 30 dollars from ebay or craigslist to then install FMCB on it and that's better than any emulator.

Did you go to school for game design? No we're not shitting up the thread. If you come here and make a statement that the games we like aren't games we're not just going to ignore you. It sounds like you yourself can't handle the hardchats and need to get back to reddit with your massive IQ and superior education.

Yeah really well, in fact. Better than DMC3 which I also listed.

as riveting as this discussion is where's the fucking torrent

This game has the new version of denuvo so it's gonna be a challenge.

Also even if the game get cracked now it won't be a good idea since it still needs some patches and updates.

Is this game just Bayo style dodges or are there parries or shielding as well?

So by that measure, slots is a game since it is decided by luck and is a form of play or sport

Well fuck me. I guess I know what I'm playing after Automata. I'll finally get to finish this game.
Very happy to have been reminded of it.

gonna need some sauce for this, fam

It stopped preforming so well after I got past the SHUMP-ish section.
RIP

Yeah, your point?

Ask CPY

Tell us user, what games do you like? You must have refined and highly developed tastes.

Why are you replying to bait? Are you doing it ironically?

Here is a secret.
Do you know why the game starts windowed at 1600x900? You know the minimal system requirements? They are for this resolution. :^)

How do you walk in high heels on sand?

Are all the enemies toasters? Am I just buying this game for the ass?

How does she double jump?

So should we have threads here talking about slots since they're clearly a game.
Meanwhile discussion of a game that tests your luck on wether or not you get hit or die, and your ability to move a character on screen in a competitive manor against the computer to avoid projectiles is not a game and should not be discussed here.
Because it's a toy.
And there is no way to at all call a slot machine a toy.
Right?

You are buying it to ride boars.

What

Fucken scrub android magic

steam achievements seem to be bugged.

the global stats for the game show lots of the achievements at 99% unlock rate for all players, yet I can't get simple achievements to unlock. Weird.

Is that the argument here?

can their insect brains just not understand how to code?

You can buy achievement in-game

Restart steam. The highest global achievement is 49.4% It is for passing the demo stage, I think. Why do you care anyway?

Really hope patches come out to fix this. Really hope you PC bros enjoy the game too.

It's one of my favourites but I really like Taro's work. On top of that the combat is smooth. Just don't expect anything Bayonetta or DMC3/4 level.

If you come out of Nier/Drakengard and have questions about the plot (such as the state of humans), then your best bet is to play the game and find out yourself.

You jump while you're midair.
Alternatively, secret boosters under her skirt.

Do chips stack or do you only get benefit from one?
Like will multiple attack chips have an effect, or attack and attack + 1 atttack +2 etc or does it just pick highest socketed

Pretty sure insect brain is better for coding.

Culturally I just don't think Japanese game on PCs that much

My delicious new OC

Chips stack. Some have a limit that you can't exceed.

It's like that guy that didn't like any arena shooters but overwatch all over again.

because i'm an achievement whore. I like getting all the achievements in games

One job.

fuck off, reddit.

Note that it will alert you when you reach this limit.
I wanted to go fast.

How do I look up her skirt?

POST DELICIOUS /SS/

Carefully, exploiting the camera and walls.

I guess so but i'm not that guy.

dubs demand it.

self destruct

I already told you this is not NeoFAG.

Did they model a bulge for 9S? If so, this means 2B likely canonically has an android pussy.

You can blow off his pants to check his spats.

Will I get banned if I use CheatEngine in this game?

I want to make a secondary save that I only use for goofing around, and I'd hate to get a VAC ban or something on my account.

You should have three slots to save in.

Well, it's not like I had enough money to buy this and Yakuza 0, but I'm still extremely disappointed I have to deal with inferior console graphics 2B because Square Enix decided to be jews.

Just beat the game, it unlocks a debug menu to goof around with a ton of shit.

Yeah but it's Yoko Taro and Platinum, both figures in the industry I want to see more of and admire.

I make it a point to only pirate Ubisoft, Activision, and EA games because fuck those guys. Then again I haven't been doing that much as of late because not one of those 3 companies have put out any game I've even been interested enough in to pirate.

Really. Self Destruct as 2B with 9S nearby. He loses his pants, 2B loses her skirt.

This. You can use debug mode while playing the game. Doesn't allow you to save, though.

Man, going by minimum specs the game should be running like dog shit for me but on windowed 1600 and medium graphics everything looks just fine and the framerate is completely functional in the 50s with only the same weird dips in cutscenes that apparently everyone is experiencing regardless of build. I was 100% expecting I'd be refunding it so I'm very pleasantly surprised.

That's not a game though.

According to performance changes after a certain point in the game.

Are you getting dips during the opening shootemup sequence, I've been trouble shooting all day but I can't seem to get out of the 40s on that sequence Post specs pls

I really hope that this game get's optimized for lower end builds at some point, did that happen for MGR?

MGR was running on an Intel HD4000 without dropping a frame on day one.
This is running bad on the PS4. It won't get better than this. At most they will probably fix the white screen problem.

maybe it was just that one section directly after the shooting section
seemed to pick up a little bit afterward, but still wasn't preforming as well

Really? I've got it on PS4, but other than slight framedrops while running around the city, I didn't have much problems.

I heard the Pro has some trouble with it though.

AMD users: Revert to driver version 16.11.5 to fix the white screen bug!

Because the Pro is actually trying to run it at 1080p. On the PS4 you get dynamic resolution so it is basically like playing on the 1600x900 default PC resolution. Even the gtx90 series struggle.

Probably just should have put it in that post, but I forgot so sage.

480 8gb and 6600k and I have had no crashes or major issues at all in 6 hours of gameplay so far. The only problem I noticed was if I tab out in fullscreen, it switches to windowed in the wrong resolution and stays the wrong res when I go back to fullscreen. I fixed this using Borderless Gaming.

I was surprised when I checked to see that so many AMD users were having problems. I got somebody with the problem to revert to the version of the drivers I am using and sure enough it fixed their problem.

Fuck this shit I'm getting a refund and going back to playing New Vegas. I fucking hate Japs they've gotten WORSE at porting PC games these days.

so how long are they going to keep up this whole "androids aren't a type of machine" thing? I feel like I can already guess the "twist" of this storyline and I will be disappointed if it's true because it's pretty obvious.

I have had no technical problems with the game yet, other than a brief moment of 10 fps at the end of a cinematic.

How the fuck do I pull off an up-swing-attack? I did it once and can't repeat my action

Hm yeah I can see it. I don't notice some of those drops while playing.

The distinction is that "machines" in this case refer to to the army that was created by aliens, while the android army were created by humans.

There's like 10 different plot twist in this game

I got some random i5 that's like 6 years old and a GTX 660ti, made it all the way through the prologue area and took a break when I hit the first place you can save the game. Had a couple little dips when I first got into the area after the first saw arm fight but nothing that affected my play significantly through the whole segment.

Jump and then instantly press heavy attack. If you wait too long you'll do a downward attack.

Do a small jump+heavy attack (2B/A2), small attack for 9S

yes but it's pretty retarded when the characters go "holy shit this machine thing can talk?" when they themselves are machines that can talk and feel and what have you.

Before now the machines were unable to talk, have or understand emotions. Which is why they're surprised, and why 9S insists that they're just repeating what they've learned, rather than understanding anything.

An android implies human quality. And you have to remember a lot about them is pure magic.

Ah I'm working with a 960M you've got a straight up better card I'm doubt that I'm going to get 60fps regardless of what I try.

At least I didn't pay for this rig

I really don't want to say anything because I don't want to spoil it, but you should really play through the game first and then come to your own conclusions.
I'll give you something though, why would a machine attack you while saying "Hello, how are you doing?" after seeing you for the first time?

It's really hard to keep things as vague as possible when someone poses a question about the plot, without just saying "play the game".

But you really have to play the game to find out.

ok you're right, i'm risking spoilers doing this. How long of a game is this? I know there are multiple endings, but how long should I expect my first ending to take?

If you do sidequests, first ending is about 20+ hours in.

about 40+ hours if you do side quests, it's only really over after the 5th ending.

First playthrough is the first half of the game, as assbot. Second playthrough is the first half, this time as shota bot. Third playthrough is second half of the game, which introduces beserkbot while playing shotabot in a halo2 chapter-like type of way. This is as far as I've gotten, but as far as I understand, there will be a choice after 6 Chapters (3 for shotabot, 3 for beserkbot) forcing me to choose an ending for shota or beserk. fourth playthrough would be just for whoever I didn't choose. Fifth ending is what one would get after I've played the ending choice for both.

Don't buy it lads, just pirate it until/if they remove it. In the mean time you can wait unless you're an impatient millennial that has to have his wishes gratified instantly no matter what in which case get off my board.

I don't know why japanese devs don't play it on a PC before it's released. All it will cost them is 800 USD to get your average machine or 1800 a high end one and they could just play the fucking game on the god damn computer to see if there's issues. I have no idea why these companies are so stupid that they don't just play the fucking game on a PC that isn't a dev machine before releasing it.

You nigger realize they have PCs? Probably high-end ones at that. They need them to make the game to begin with.

It should be mentioned that after you finish the 3rd route you get a Chapter Select option, which you can also use at Access Terminals (where you receive mail).

So you can go back and forth to get items and quests you missed. As well as the non-canon endings.

Why are shitters like this even allowed on this board? Never mind making threads.

Hard mode exists for people who aren't terrible at video games.

I seriously want you to kill yourself.

Something tells me they test with the highest specs possible and then assume that it's basically fine for everyone else.

Optimisation is for wastoids

t. jap dev

Dev machines have weird chip sets, they just vm windblows.

If they had PCs why don't the fucking games ever work. Only AA studios get their ports right. Platinum themselves also being AA.

Because they don't care enough to make them work.

does anybody play this unironically?

wew

That's some huge bait.

What the fuck are people doing?

Being shit at video games.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A PC PORT. THE GAMES ARE MADE ON A PC.

It seriously feels like the board has gone downhill, especially when it comes to OP posters.

What does a bad PC port have to do with thicc anyways?

Just beat that singer-styled boss from the boss preview a few months ago. Gotta say, the second half of the fight really took me by surprise and I am starting to regain hope that this game will be good ol' Yoko Taro's Wild Ride. The incredibly positive reviews and relatively high budget made me a bit nervous that it might lack the normal weirdness, but the hacking minigame and the androids strung up on a cross and made to fight you make me think that that nervousness might have been for nothing.

I am loving the game but fucking instant use healing items are a terrible mechanic in every goddamn game that has them. As long as you don't get oneshotted, fights come down to having enough healing items and being quick enough to press the menu button before you die.

Also, normal is far too easy but then you get 2 shotted in hard by weak enemies. At least the dodge and counter mechanic is pretty slick.

It doesn't I just picked it as a reaction image.

Probably should have used this one.

Playing it on Very Hard?

I played it on Normal. Died once to a level 38+ sidequest enemy while at level 17.

I found it really amusing to think about what might have killed other people when I find bodies in weird places.

Father Servo doesn't kill you though. The fight stops when you hit 1 HP, even if he hits you for more than that.

You mean you didn't get a weird vibe from the desert scene? With the machine orgy

But don't worry, it continues getting better. I suppose the game has a lull when you finish Ending A and have to do Ending B. It's still from a different perspective, and you get a whole slew of new information as well as new sidequests.

Japs have been neglectful of that area of gamedev.

What's with the shitposters with low energy bait?

You mean on Windows 10?

I got it to work like butter day 1. Same with Transformers Devastation.

Are there seriously no work arounds for this piece of shit refusing to launch for some people yet?

How do you wave-dash to school?

Waiting.

The only shitty port I still play is darksouls

I've got really bad screen tearing. In game setting V-Sync to On and/or forcing Fast in control panel both don't seem to work.

pls god help this screen tearing is monstrous

You're a lying piece of shit. Then again, your day one must be yesterday like the rest of the faggots here. pretty sure you don't remember the always online bug and other in game glitches with that cock in your mouth

Are you on a 144 monitor or something?

No, 1080p 60hz monitor. I guess running in windowed with Borderless Gaming to actually play in 1080p could be behind it?

It's Mostly Positive now. I wonder why. Guess I'll have to wait a week and see if they actually fix shit.

It could be, but I am using borderless too. Try enabling vsynch from your gpu's settings or something. Often vsynch doesn't work if the game is not running in fullscreen, but it doesn't seem to be a thing with this game. Maybe you are just confusing screen tearing with horrible fps?

Are you running AMD? If so, try reverting version to 16.11.5 like I said earlier.

I am not, kindly not waste more of my time.

If you equip multiples of the same type of chip, do they stack? Like, if I have a move speed +2 and a move speed +1 equipped do they both apply?

Choke on a dick you pretentious faggot.

They do

Maybe if you're some ass/waifufag who didn't play the first one

They stack, but some chips have limits. The game tells you when you've reached/exceeded those limits. Movement Speed has a limit of 20% I think.

That's not REALLY thicc

You can go back to reddit if you want ya know

Well I fucked up, time to uninstall my IRL OS chip

I'm seeing 59-61fps constant and I know it's at least vaguely reporting on actual FPS because if I up other settings it dips to low 50s.

It's screen tearing I'm seeing, not mistaking it for other things.

I would guess you tried turning it off? If not working you could try having vsynch from your gpu's settings alone. Try using Nvidia Inspector if you have an Nvidia card.

Anybody noticed how, while fishing, sometimes you have to reset the cast to actually catch something? From what I have seen, you either catch something within 30 seconds or you or reset the cast. If you do not reset the cast, you can sit there for 5 minutes and not catch anything.

So dying in the strangest places is the main focus of the game, right?
:^)

the game runs 60 fps BUT in cut scenes it locks at 30 and some times it drops to 20 FPS

Welcome to actual fishing, user.

For the most part if you've waited something like 30 seconds - 1 minute usually something hooks on your pod even if it doesn't seem that way (the pod doesn't move, just floats there, but if you reel it in the pod struggles and you catch something)

Any updates if the game's PC port is coming to Asia?

I was saying the game was made with 1600x900 for the minimal, but actually if you read the system requirements they themselves tell you the minimal is for 1280x720.
Honestly this is arguably worse than The Witcher 3 being "optimized" for 30fps.

What's that sparkly stuff?

Did everyone kill themselves?

From the back of the playable character? It's the Engine Blade when fully upgraded.

Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy have one weapon each in the game that adds effects based on the games they're from. Dragon Quest's is a Cypress Stick that changes treasure chests into DQ ones. Engine Blade changes your dodge animation and adds the blue sparkles… from FFXV.

Both of them change the style of the floating numbers/damage numbers to the style of the games they're from.

I just don't get it, how do you fuck up that badly

PCs aren't nearly as big in Nipland as they are in the west

That open field in front of the camp also the place where you fight a boss though, maybe they died during that fight

The animals are actually pretty fucking hardcore. If you attack one of them without having a certain key item you can get later on, they attack back, and can do some pretty good damage.

On hard mode the moose will 1 or 2 shot a new player, and even on normal its about 2 or 3 shots. I did find it pretty comedic that there are so many bodies around the first moose you encounter though.

so I've been playing for a while and I want to know
what will I lose If I die twice?

like if I'm level 29 or somerthing do I go back to 1 or what? I know you lose your chips but thats all I could get

I've never played any Drakengard games or the first Nier and I don't fellate Yoko Taro like he's a non hack Kojima so this thread brings me serious disgust.
I bet you faggots bought nu-DOOM and HITMAN! (pls clap) on launch as well, didn't you?

I was surprised by that too but I'm playing on normal right now. I' contemplating changing to hard again.
I wonder if those people were playing on hard or very hard, which would explain a lot of it.

I call bullshit. I need anons that know nip to see if there was any cuckery happening.

I bought it to support the dev. Taro's a good guy that makes what he likes. Its's not like he's bioware with their latest steaming pile.

Its a direct translation though, in japanese version the childrens called him Oji-san

Is that beepy?

There is one solution
Trap bot

They're also synced to be at or greater than your level. I'm still in the beginning and got maxed level and G's. All the animals are level 99 and can one shot anything.

It's sort of frustrating playing the game using jap dub / eng subs with a very, very basic understanding of nip from years and years of weeb shit. I really wish that they would take the extra 500 bucks it would take to get some faggot to make subs specifically for the japanese dub, it seems like every other line is way off from the original meaning. Sasuga 8-4, straight up crunchyroll shit.

It doesn't fucking help that the subs appear about a second after the line starts then disappears before the line finishes. Really fucking with my sub-reading timing.

Is this the first time you've noticed this? Many many localizers do this, on anime too. K-T and Xseed are the only ones that are accurate.

Us Manga Corps/Central Park Media and funimation have accurate anime subs. Funi's are on a 3rd sub track.

SE made a mistake.

More like Yoko Taro being Yoko Taro.

What is the context of that image?

Oh god I never thought of this.

The prologue is not that hard, I enjoyed it a lot

Based Taro. I mean, fuck, I did the intro chapter on normal only to switch back to hard in the actual gameplay because I had no idea of the mechanics and I didn't want to fuck around with the dialogue and shmup-sections over and over again just to get hang of basics, but it's seriously piss easy on normal, how can you fuck that up? Are these skilless no-effort monkeys so arrogant that they refuse to switch to easy if they fail even on normal?

Squeenix will do Dark Souls and water it down tho, I bet.

Also, the game does break its own principles. The first fight with Adam does have an automated checkpoint just before it.

5 hours in, nothing in the game so far is nearly as punishing as the intro. It's perfectly doable but kinda unfair for PC crowd who didn't get tutorialized with the demo.

I seriously thought it was impossible to die in the demo part on normal, the difficulty I started at. I myself didn't find much of a way to dodge the giant arms and they often hit me when they made full area swipes, but the game just keeps on automatically refilling your life. And if you just keep on shooting and hitting when it is on the ground you will kill it for sure even if you get hit yourself a few times.

How does the auto-refill work? Seems to do it sometimes to save from death, but I've died with plenty of herbs in inventory.

nie? is her name

pc niggers getting fucked again. Always. Jewed everytime.

It heals yo automatically when your health falls beneath a certain threshold. Of course if a hit deals so much damage that it would kill you outright, you just fucking die.

If you want to use auto-use item plug-in chip, make sure to only carry Large Recovery item. If you took more damage than what you can healed, of course you will die

PS. I'm pretty sure there's an actual Last Stand chip that prevents lethal damage.

fucking casual

every boss fight have a checkpoint after you reach a certain part

Fair enough, then. Should of picked a more masculine voice, then.

Traps are a problem, not a solution.

You only lose your equipped/active set of plugin chips. In that case, try not to die twice.

It's a guy in both versions but sounds like a girl. It catches me off guard today and I still refer to him as "she". Pascal is an androgynous name, even.

Nier A Tomato

Auto-Use Item activates when you hit 30% HP or less, in which case it uses any healing item it has on you, starting from the small ones, and also grants a little bonus to that healing.

You get killed if you hit 0 before it can heal you. Mainly if you get hit really hard and it takes you from above 30% to 0 in one go. Or you get taken to 30%, then get hit again before the chip activates\ (there's a small delay so it's not OP as long as you have healing items).

The Last Stand chip increases your attack when you're below 25% HP.

He probably means the reboot chip, which gives a small chance to resurrect if you're killed. A worthless chip, IMO, since it's not reliable enough as a second chance in the harder difficulties after a certain point where you lose the ability to retrieve your body (1 death game over) - and on normal, you shouldn't be dying, ever, after lvl 20. Especially if you're doing side quests and are appropriately leveled.

Completing the unit data is starting to piss me off. Anybody know where some of these enemies spawn? Desert Medium Flyer: Kamikaze, Enhanced Medium Flyer: Gunner x2 Kamikaze x2, and Enhanced Reverse Jointed Goliath?

So a shit port? Does this mean I have to continue playing Phoenix Wright?

It works great on my Cyrix PR200+ with matrox millenium G400 graphics card.

he doesn't sound girly but child-like to me, at least with the japanese voices. His voice is that of a young japanese boy.

Sounds like a grill to me mang.

Been looking forward to playing this game over the weekend. Cant get through the tutorial because screen freezes.

HOW THE FUCK DO I LOCK ON I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR HOURS AND HAVE BEEN FLAILING AROUND LIKE AN AUTIST IN BATTLE

Hard and Very Hard don't have lock on.

Check your configuration.

I'm on normal my first run. Just dunno what the button is.

You can probably find it in your controls configuration. It's supposed to be fully customizeable.

*tip*

If it were that simple I wouldn't be here. It's whatever the keyboard equivalent of l2 is

Q

Amusing character

Any more news about the game acting weird when it comes to resolution and things like that?
Have they addressed any of the problems?

No patch yet.

I want to buy this game but I heard that the perfomance on it for PC sucks, can anyone please clarify.

A bit of problems with resolutions and a bit of it works on my machine :^)

Sounds like you just need to git gud user

What gpu?

950m
16gb Ram
1B Space

Laptop

Give up.

Any computer wiz have any advice for how to stop the game from crashing? The screen just freezes while sound plays in the background I can even enter/leave the menu in this state. Tried turning of Vsync and taking monitor refresh rate to 60hz.

Just got ending E on PS4. There is stuttering but it only seems to happen when you're running through the open world. Possibly loading assets/enemies/level on the fly. It's a annoying but the game doesn't start to chug, just seems to skip a frame or two.

Didn't notice anything when fighting, even when in the open world parts. Aliasing in noticeable in far off/small objects but it wasn't complete dogshit. I'm about 8 feet away from my TV (42 inch).

Hope the PC gets patched quickly, it's a great game. Would be good to have some 2B/A2 screenshots that aren't jaggied up the ass too. PS4 capture is shit.

…they nerf shit for the west this meme needs to die now…
the west is not weaker
gib us the original version made by the Japanese un-preverted by western thinkinig

SSJW-Hippo :\cultures are unique and should be protectedevery culture needs to bend to ours

Yes please. Especially Visorless 2B, and 2B and A2 in glasses