Friendly reminder Samurai Jack did horizon zero dawn setting first and still doing it better

Friendly reminder Samurai Jack did horizon zero dawn setting first and still doing it better.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/iRdGu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin
8ch.net/co/res/812087.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't really say they're the same setting but in a lot of ways someone could draw similarities. It's not really unique of an idea, ancient warrior vs. futuristic enemies, it's all in execution, which Jack excels in every single way.

i love that Holla Forums and Holla Forums are crossposting so much lately

I want to speciesmix with those qt girls

Hasn't Jack been beaten by 2-3 different people, or group of people?

The Time Portal Guardian
The Cat-Man Hunters
The Blind Archers
I think there was also someone else

He has even tied a few times, such as the Scottsman.

50's style robots

>>>Holla Forums

He beat the archers though and freed them from the well. He just got fucked up first.

Friendly reminder Samurai Jack has nogoodgames

At least it isn't Avatar.

No.

Holy shit fuck off with all this samurai jack it's so fucking annoying.

why is jack wearing full plate armor? He used to be all about agility

What's with all the Samurai Jack posting did they start reairing old episodes or something?
Where's my Mummies Alive beat em up!?

didn't you know? its got a new season, its airing again. seems like genndy is actually going to finish it this time.

Is the gamecube one shit?

The closest we've gotten to a Samurai Jack game is Breath of the Wild, wandering through the nature-filled remains of an ancient civilization occupied by robots and monsters, with long stretches of silence punctuated by action. It's not quite what I want, but it'll do for now I guess.

He got old, mentally and started using clunkier weapons to compensate for his lack of sword.

It's also on AS, so they're airing it without the kid gloves this time. Niggas gonna get cut up 'n shit.

A final mini-season is airing currently.

He's a cuck in the new season

Can you fuck off with your shit show? Even SJW tier 'cartoons' are better than that pile of shit.

Isn't that show about star getting cucked all the time?

What show can I blame for starting this shit trend.

I'm pretty sure these threads are just being made specifically to spite you.

You just wanted to make a Samurai Jack thread on Holla Forums, didn't you?

Even the baby?

Yeah, there were really only two times where he got beat fair and square. the times where he was almost beat are slightly more, but still just as few compared to all 62 episodes and the 20 issue comic series, but the only thing I know about that is how it ends

he nearly gets corrupted by Aku's cold before
Dies on a mountain by a yeti
and nearly imprisoned for all eternity by a demon

Advanced technology mixed with lesser technology has been done to death. I don't know why people still act like it's a novel concept.

not any particular-you know what? you already know the answer to your rhetorical question, I'll just post the picture anyway.

Yes

he got his ass whooped by seth's dog-demon things, only survived because he called horus

New season. Its shit. Holla Forums loves it because nostalgia.

you take that back
gendy can do no wrong

LONG AGO, IN A DISTANT THREAD. I, OP, THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF GAYNESS, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLY BAD THREAD

Is Gendy Tartakovsky involved?

are you kidding? the show would be dead if he didn't care

Why?

Yes

Sadly, Aku's voice actor is dead. So no more Aku unless they manage to find someone who sounds a lot like him.

God dammit, I turned off the fucking flag.

They have a new VA

Finari

Cis white male detected.

When you get older, you will understand.

They did use a new voice actor for Mako when he died partway through Season 2 of The Last Airbender. Somewhere out there, their is a good impersonator. Too bad we didn't get to hear it in this new first episode in years.

I kind of suspect they're going to pull some "you took too long" and the villain is dead or on his deathbed kind of thing. I don't expect a lot of funny moments like the earlier episodes given the tone this one set so I expect Jack to finally return to the past, just haggard and depressed at the end of his journey, after killing the future and past Aku's.

you don't sound like you watched the first episode of the final season, as aku does speak in that, alebit only for a brief moment (it's the same understudy that was used in ATLA). also, spoilers for next episode incoming. apparently a bunch of people at a convention got to watch the first three episodes of the final season before everyone else. we get to see that Aku is as weary as jack in this stalemate
archive.fo/iRdGu

This is the most retarded plot advancement I have ever heard of.

(checked)
I think they did something similar earlier as a one off episode, but it was a trick. It doesn't really make sense given that Aku is immortal, and Jack is aging. So all Aku has to do is survive long enough for Jack to die off.

But Jack doesn't age anymore

Both Jack and aku are immortal, from the promo's desc.

Aku doesn't even have to do anything. He has a whole planet to run away from Jack if he needs to. He can just at any point travel to the other side of the earth to some pleasure palace of his and ignore Jack for the next 5 years or so as a vacation. None of this fighting really matters to Aku as was noted and enhanced/enforced/whatever all throughout the entire series. There's so much wrong with it that its impossible to find an end to it. Especially if they've been fighting for 50 years, more if Jack wasn't counting the time he had the sword (which I felt is ambiguous). This is rage-inducingly bad. But I'm sure people will just eat it up as some DEEP and MEANINGFUL thing.

There's more stuff, but I'm sure I forget the reason why Aku can't just send Jack even further into the future for example. There's just no reasonable way you could possibly write "Aku is just as tired of the stalemate as Jack is".

Ah okay so its been 50 years since he lost the sword. Now we can probably agree that Jack can end Aku in some other way. But that's 50 years of Aku never ever seriously trying to kill Jack when he doesn't have his sword? 50 years of Aku never getting told that Jack doesn't have his sword? Either way this is embarrassing writing.

Oh. I see. Wasn't Jack supposed to be an old man by the time he goes back in time?

I thought the sword was the only thing that could end him, unless more magic swords could.

I will be the first to admit I can't remember everything, but writing in a magic sponge you can stick up the big bad's ass is never too much of a stretch if its handled well. Just a result of the whole paradox of only one thing being capable of destroying another thing, then how was the first thing made? How could anyone possibly know how to make that if its the only thing that can ever do that? The viewer will easily believe that another Mcguffin to kill Aku can be made because of that.

Yeah, I was thinking of the Scotsman's runic sword when writing that, and I think there were a few other things that were supposed to have been able to kill Aku, but got taken out by other means.

if somebody posts the FUCKING jazz ninja bullshit im gonna lose it, what's so good about a guy yelling BLIBIDIBAP to control his sword?

I find it neat that they based this week's cannon fodder on a legend
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin

This post is so stupid I just have to take the bait.

1. Everyone knows who the pied piper is retard.
2.Just because someone has a flute does not make them a reference the pied piper, retard.
3. He doesn't even have anything in common with the pied piper other than the fucking flute, retard.

Believe it or not, Samurai Jack got a ton of its ideas from a comic called Ronin by Frank Miller. I still love Samurai Jack, but at times it feels like it straight up copied stuff right out of that series.

I'm a bit confused. What show is this?

To be fair, this show along with gumball can actually make bean shaped faces expressive.

Yes, that's the one.

A magical girl show where main girl from another planet gets cucked by spic boy from earth. The show is alright, but you can skip mostly some of the episodes and watch the ones that actually make the plot moving.

Aku doesn't know Jack lost the sword, and apparently he's in hiding until Jack dies. In the first episode of the new season the Scatbot tries to call Aku to inform him that Jack doesn't have it anymore, and Jack destroys his phone since he doesn't stand a chance without it.

The sword's the only thing on Earth that can hurt Aku.

Also I'd recommend using the perfectly good SJ thread here 8ch.net/co/res/812087.html instead of filling up Holla Forums with thinly veiled Jack threads.

He got beaten by three sirens which they wiped his mind and scotsman had to drag his ass and almost risk his life trying to bring back jack into jack, but no joke scotsman can fucking swim real fucking fast, he also couldn't take down mondo bot without a robot of his own. he also got beaten by these four generic robots, his retard friend had to help his ass.
Jack isn't as strong as you think.