4 hours into Persona 2: Innocent Sin

I don't mind the gameplay, but the story is boring the fuck out of me

I was promised Lovecraftian Horrors and the greatest JRPG story ever

When does the story pick up? I'm willing to soldier through the boring parts.

You weren't promised shit, you built your own expectations and an imaginary game beforehand.

Keep playing it, shit gets real later in.

NO MARIE NO BUY

Poor choice of wording.
Whenever this game is brought up here, the story is almost universally praised, and I decided to try for myself

How far in though?

Just play the game or drop it, stop looking to Holla Forums for validation.Plus you have a 100% chance of getting spoiled.

you're in a bad way then, the game's super generic until… 20-30 hours in.
Oh also have fun with RNG, there's quite a massive amount of save+loading if you're going for good rumor outcomes

Adachi is the führer

The ending was most certainly a letdown, for me. I've always hated "It was all a dream" stories, no matter what the explanation for that is, and this actually feels worse to me. At least in "It was all a dream" the character had a kickass dream and can tell people about it. After IS is over, the only ones who remember anything are Phil and Nyarlie. Everything I did throughout the game, not only is it meaningless and pointless, but it gets undone! And I can't even say "well, at least the characters learned and grew as people" because THAT was undone as well!

The "happy ending" is a false happy. Yeah, Ginko got her friends back, but does she realize how precious they really are to her? She never lost them in the first place, so how could she? The most I can say is that her experiences on This Side have lead her to not be a * to them. Jun at least gets his dad and mom and a happy life. And yes, everyone does meet again, and without considering EP it can be assumed that they become friends and everything's great. But they don't know each other. They don't have that bond from when they were children. As far as This Side is concerned, they're just 6 people who happened to run into each other at a train station.

I think a true happy ending would have ended with the world in chaos. Beating Nyarlie stopped rumors from becoming reality, so when Maya stabs Maya, the wound CAN be healed, Grand Cross DOESN'T happen, and the world doesn't get destroyed. It's still a mess, but a fixable one. Xibalba gets landed, and Sumaru can be rebuilt. Kindalike happens in…. well, EP. You know, with the characters WINNING.

To me, the ending of IS is only excusable the way it is BECAUSE of EP. Considered as a stand alone, it leaves me sorely disappointed.

I know this was a fairly negative post, so I do want to add that I think IS is every bit a fantastic game, even if a bit ridiculous at times (For a genre known for ridiculous plotlines. Saving the world? fine. Hitler? srsly, wth?). That I didn't enjoy it as much as EP isn't really saying much, as there are few games I have. But it was still well worth the time, and I am eternally grateful to Tom & Gemini for making this rumor become reality.

Check the staff credits and who wrote what user, you'll see why

Yeah, the ending was such a copout. I really hated it. How far along is the EP translation patch?

No you werent

Funny, I went blind and I thought it had a really good plot, I didn't even what lovecraft was at the time.

I guess expectations ruins everything.

Persona is shit

Really makes you think

That's what mainline SMT and DDS are for, you idiot.

Much like all disposable weebshit.

Things escalate after the firebombings.
But to summarize the entire story:

Meme Responsibly.

Like, the entire story literally is about memes becoming reality without any need for large repetition, just local rumours and so you've got to keep a lid on it.

And two hours later:
Nyralathotep is out to kill everyone, the nazis have returned, and Holla Forums's last batallion is made manifest in a skull worshipping death cult.

Lastly, On a name entry, chant hastur.

Because you shoudl know what happens when you chant Hastur you dumb fuck.

serves you right

Mark should filter disposable weebshit since it's the new "reddit spacing" and only started being used since a few weeks ago, some faggots are clearly pushing this term.

try harder queerio

Why would I do that when you practically own yourselves? I could slay a dozen weebs with one verbal arm tied my back.

And I could slay a hunderd of u normalfags with just one cahos blast

Pretty sure its just the one disposable autist pushing it.
As his nature suggests he will wear himself out eventually, and give way to more advanced renewable faggotry.

are we getting shared on reddit again

Well theres your problem lovecraft is overrated and boring in itself