"Hmm, looks like a strong gust of wind could knock this wall down."

"Hmm, looks like a strong gust of wind could knock this wall down."

FWOOOOOSH

Maybe I can damage it if I shoot it in the eye.

Holy shit, that boss looks worse than I remember.
How can some people on Holla Forums defend SS with bosses like these?

straight outta sesame street. I've never seen anyone on Holla Forums defend skyward sword.

the witcher games are horrendous

Because Ghirahim is a wonderful dick of a boss when you first fight him.

See
Ghirahim sucks too, especially because his fight is recycled like four times

Clearly you need all the help you can get, Nordling.

You're new here then.

Chode is looking pretty good there. Wonder why he had an eye reduction and went for the cyclop look.

I really wish lurking as a whole would come back so newfags like you wouldn't kep on embarassing themselves as being fresh outta plebbit.

This looks so fucking familiar, was this aired in adultswim?

waifus

That was the worst, especially after the spooky forshadowing of a Kraken tearing apart the ship. Then

Yen is best girl.

The windwaker oktokrakens were by far more intimidating.

Nigga you best retract that statement.

I remembered seeing it on SciFi

So did he bend over and fart at it?

We're not all your schoolmates here, kid. After 20 years doing the same shit in 3D Zeldos, Skyward's focus on combat was a breath of fresh air. Who the fuck cares of what you consider a better dungeon.

Also it's the only game to date, where Link and Zelda are actually in love. When you grow older, you will understand there's no greater divide between fiction for kids and fiction for adults, than representation of a stable relationship.

He fucked the slit. Have you never played a witcher game?

He did it, the absolute madman.

Why did it suck so much? What the fuck went wrong? Why does it hurt?

Why is TW1, a game which gets shit on all over the internet and was made by a smaller number of devs being paid in sacks of potatoes rather than polish government monies so much better to me? Am I autistic?

If I see that god damn Witcher one more time…

Yes you are
Witcher 3 is a good game

(HEIL'D)

Hitler's spirit confirms Yen to be best girl.

I don't know about you guys, but I did find the first witcher to be the best one. I had the most memorable moments with it, but played it way after it was released, after witcher 2

it released in a pretty abysmal state. once they came out with the enhanced edition, it fixed a lot of problems. but like most things, it was probably too little, too late. it's still my favorite of the 3 games, also

It could have been better, absolutely. Batman vision and open world didn't help, but it was still great. The main quest took a sharp decline right after the Kaer Morhen section. The side quests, contracts and expansions were the best stuff, to the point that I keep saying if/when they revisit the Witcher world, to just make a game comprised entirely of Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine sized areas and quest lines. Like the first Witcher book, a collection of short stories.

I think that W3 is better no offense
Better graphic animation etc…
Bigger game, richer world with better back story
Although combat might be simple and sometimes boring it think its smoother and more fluid than W1
Not to mention voice acting, the schize of the world itself.

Of course W3 had much bigger budget and team, but its still a good Witcher game and excelent RPG in the post 2010 era

Just like with the books

I forgot how absolutely pig disgusting Zelda from SS is.

It got good reviews when it first came out but it hasnt aged well. Even the Enhanced edition is still pretty buggy and there are still a few game breaking ones.

Most people give up around the swamp area.

The detective stuff sucked balls in the witcher games.

Is there a game that did detective work properly? A game based on deductions and investigation can only work if you establish a whole lot of rules and backstory that the player can identify with. Such a thing is borderline impossible in a fantasy universe.

Pottery.

Why is Zelda a jew in SS?

Good point. Because the player propably won't have an indepth understanding of the monsters he is hunting, investigating monster activity boils down to going to a location and letting Geralt tell what is going on. Only way there could be any investigation going on would be adding a massive encyclopedia about those critters and then letting the player pour through it to make sense of the clues he is given.

Even detective games set in simple setting like those recent Sherlock Holmes games are forced to have simple mysteries because the player can't be expected to have massive amounts of relevant knowledge.

I preferred TW1 also, as usual technical limits produced a better game.

I hope you aren't trying to say L.A. Noire did detective work correctly user.

I am saying exactly that.

Keira Metz.

I can't even think of any detective games except for LA Noire and some old ass adventure games, so I'd say LA Noire is the best in its genre

I loved it, could have done without the objectives telling me where to go at all times forever. I know you could turn them off, but the game is not designed to be played without them, so you'll have a bad time.

You're going to explode?

I totally killed the shit out of her

The game was shilled to hell and back here.

Nigger it railroads you to all fuck, most of the time you can't even decide who's guilty. At best it's a poorly made puzzle game.

That doesn't make it a good game.

Linearity doesn't mean you aren't doing detective work. What, in your opinion, would make for a good detective game?

If instead of "Doubt" being either right or wrong, it just gave you more information about that specific line of questioning, kind of how the Ace attorney games do it, that would already make L.A. noire a lot better in my eyes, but if you want something more based in detective work I'd say it should hold your hand less by just going "hey go here now" and instead letting you go around places asking about locations or hints you got.

That sounds reasonable. So more things like the end of the serial killer case, where you have to rely on your knowledge of L.A. landmarks to figure out where the clues lead?

Perhaps true (though it's better to let you fuck up) but L.A. Noire will still give you more or less the same conclusion to every case even if you entirely fuck up the investigation. Granted some missions take into account failure more effectively but most of the time you're just playing a linear game and getting rated on how well you managed to guess the illogical and vague dialogue choices the developer marked as right.
Ideally one with less binary pass/fail conditions, particularly during interviews or interrogations, and the ability to accuse almost anyone involved in the case at the end (with a resultant message on whether they were convicted or not based on the evidence you gathered, you could falsely convict someone and the game won't tell you you were wrong as long as the evidence is solid). The outcome of the case should be your choice based on whatever evidence you have gathered, fucking up an interview should only lock out evidence to you (you could still succeed then if you were smart enough) rather than give you negative points and nothing else. It'd be harder to make and you'd need good writers but it could be done.

This type of thing would be a great start. Also expanding the three dialogue options so you can see what you're going to say so I know 'lie' doesn't make me accuse a woman of murdering her husband just because she didn't finish her fucking sentence about her his glasses. That example was the worst example of 'you must think like the dev' in the game, anyone thinking logically will get fucked.

Fair enough; that sounds like it would make a pretty good detective game. I hope someone makes a game like that one day.

Not him but that type of shit is pretty good and is an example of linearity done right, probably one of the better missions in the game (though the part with the chandelier is/was broken as fuck on the PC port).
I still think you could go semi-linear, if TW1 could handle 'accuse anyone' in one quest despite not being a detective game I don't see why L.A. Noire couldn't do it for at least half of the cases in the game. Perhaps if they'd focussed on the detective work instead of forced 'action' sections that were clearly last minute (the devs included a fucking 'skip action section' button and all) and silly facial recognition tech that could have happened but it was clear that they were worried casuals wouldn't play a game entirely about being a detective.

Don't get me wrong user, I loved what L.A.Noire was trying to do and I really wanted to like the game but at the end of the day it just didn't get there.

I do not give a single, flying fuck about romance in video games, and I assume most people don't either. Sounds like somebody is loney and projecting.

Is Witcher 3 LITERALLY the best game ever created?

Totes

Speak American.

All im saying is I agree with you and the witcher 3 is hella epic

That is American.

XD

Not where I'm from.

Its not perfect but so far industry hasnt came with anything better

Literally every single quest tells you the directions to the objectives
Geralt makes a note to ask about directions every time. Just admit you were too casual to stop using a crutch instead of making shit up.

to be fair there was one game series that did detective work much better.

How would you have found the wolfman the first time without senses? In fact there's a whole lot of quests that you can't do without senses. I'm not making shit up, just admit you eat dicks.

BUMP

Fix'd that for you

not the Velen main quest.

also cdpr got obsessed with cuck word and easter eggs in expansions.

Geralt, you're such a faggot. What kind of name is Geralt anyway?

I just completed the fist of fury questline today and went through that "its the 13th century". It felt so out of place, what the fuck happened? Did they get some guest writer or something

memes

[CURRENT CENTURY]

Did you stop to consider maybe Geralt was being facetious in that first exchange in an attempt to stir the elf into action rather than just making "idle chatter"? The female captain IS a captain, the female smith IS a smith, but the elf is just bitching she doesn't feel like she's treated equally instead of damning it all and proving herself. Tough love and all that.

Instead of putting all that effort in making a cake he should have been working out

but hes a vegan bodybuilder, some people just cant lose weight or gain muscle you know.

that won't stop mark from eating the whole thing

Niggers aren’t American.

Nothing more (((American))) than niggers and feminists.

I'm playing SS right now and I just finished that area. That boss seemed really rushed. You get to the control room of the ship and out of nowhere tentacles appear and it doesn't give you any indication that you're supposed to think the ship is sinking. So I look around the room trying to find a switch or something and only after I finally decide to leave some more tentacles appear and Fi tells me exactly what to do. I don't think the game is that bad aside from the shitty motion controls. Fi telling you exactly what to do too often, and dump upgrade and loot mechanics. I've never seen Holla Forums really talk about it, is it really that hated?

Yeah. As well as teletoon and other cartoon channels at night. It's about the little purple guy, and his android waifu, while he does smuggling runs and tries to strike it rich. Like a discount futurama.

amnesia geralt is best geralt

You've got one chance to go away with your dignity intact. Just walk straight back to tumblr and you won't be insulted for being a faggot.

this. when those black clouds surrounded that swamp camp and the 3 witches started speaking had me scared shitless. turns out you don't get to fight them until way later. anti-climatic. novigrad had me interested then it turned out to be a clusterfuck of disappointment.

Where's the dissonance here?

geralt was calling the bitch out for being a bitch, in the right geralt is defending women even though he just met them and feels like he needs to preach that its "current year" when nobody asked for it

I'll 1 up you

G-d bless America

if you hate her so much you can let her go to the king and he'll laugh at her and have her impaled in the public square in Novigrad

They couldn't fill the screen with more shit even if they tried.

Much more satisfying doing it yourself

I'm not going to respond.

The Ace Attorney did it Wright

Other than that, it's good.

ignore the weebcucks
this pleases my dong greatly.

maybe, but the knowledge she died a slow, painful, public death is satisfying in its own way. Although i just prefer to get peoples good endings because its more satisfying to me

that looks like a nigger with one eyeball
Ulysses should start calling himself Polyphemus amirite
as if anyone will get that