Let It Die thread

The game is under maintenance right now, with a Mushroom Club event right around the corner. As always, you should have no trouble making Kill Coins as long as you've got a decent TDM Fighter built.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, the Yotsuyama Chargers are scheduled to leave on the 30th (same day the game gets rocket launchers, which ought to be fun).

i'm 2 chem-oils away from making uncle's scythe, but im afraid to go hunt gyakufunsha because i already had to recover my character from floor 39 3 times because my internet randomly decides to fucking DIE when im in there. and thats some fucking bullshit. i had to pay 250k each time, totaling 750k, to recover my character from bullshit disconnection deaths. so, i've opted to shut myself in the waiting room and only send expeditions until my ISP decides to send their technician here.

also, got the full set of Charger blueprints already, the moveset of the viper is pretty shitty to be honest.

did they add up to 40 floors yet? was waiting to dig in because I wanted there to be more content to get into

theres been 40 floors since launch.

now this is some hardcore publicity

Wow. I was going to bump this thread sooner, but I've been so busy playing LID, the game has pretty much taken over my life at this point.
The Skillshroom discount is great. I've lost count of how many Skillshroom decals I got today. Barbarian and 5-Leaf Clover are especially good because they make the katana OP. You can stack them with their Premium equivalents for double the effect if you happen to have them, but I'm sure most of you know that already.

I'm just relieved they aren't cross-promoting with cancerous western "journalists".

what

By the way, Japan's official PlayStation blog article has these neat png graphics of the event decals and more. These are in higher res than the western sites are showing.
Nice try, Japan, but you can't hide from me.

the decals aren't too bad honestly, but not too good either. i think long tail is the only one i'd ever use seriously, but 5% isn't much when its eating up a decal slot that can be used to boost damage

Well, the Turbo Engine might be good for stacking with Nitro while feeding on golden beasts. I bought a bunch of them just in case.

how do you even get a nitro? i only got it once as login bonus from express pass. you cant buy it, and i certainly nowhere near getting the premium version IF that even exists, because premium Vitamin XX and premium SuperLongTail don't exist either.

i've been sending expeditions for 3 days now and i can't get a single fucking transparagus for the life of me.

i send out 6 characters/1 hour hunt per hour to floors 11-19 over and over and nothing, not one transparagus

Wow, this is very good news for me. Thanks, Uncle.

Now that you mention it, that's probably it.
Ah well. Even if you don't have Nitro, I'm sure the Turbo is worthwhile on its own. That is, as long as you're leveling up your fighters with golden beasts as opposed to combat.

Those can probably be found well enough by grinding the 20F boss area.
And if you haven't beaten that one yet, then I advise farming Lifeshrooms first.

i've already beaten everything and everyone.

i used to get transparagus a lot before from expeditions, now i don't get jackshit. dozens of expeditions sent to jacksons area and all i get is trash like fish, scorpions, rats, decoyshrooms and shockshrooms

but it already WAS a permanent feature.

This game is getting to me. I've gone to Kawabe 8 times now, and no M.I.L.K. Black Metal. Why even live?

You frighten me, Tetsuo

Where do you usually send them? I find that some floors work better than others. I enjoy floors 11 - 13 in particular.

Well then that is strange.
My best guess is that it's some kind of nerf.

i try to send them to nokejiri as much as i can, but its not always available, so i try kaga, kamoto, uge, usogaya, and so on.

how the fuck am i going to farm U10 without transparagus, she's FUCKING INVINCIBLE.

so apparently in order to get transparagus from expeditions, your hunter needs to find, fight, AND win against the target fighter in the right map.

let me explain my theory:
when you send a hunter, your hunter will chase the fighter across the whole tower, hence, if your target was in F16 Kaga when you send the hunter, he might move to any other floor via escalator or elevator.

IF your hunter and the target fight in any other floor, you will most likely get garbage (like rats and fish and shitty shrooms like lava and shock)

IF your hunter and the target fight in the original target floor, BUT you lose, you will also get garbage, but the local brand of garbage (ie birds and lizards in gunkayama's, rats, scorpions and fish in jackson, crabs and maybe turtles from crowleys)

IF your hunter and the target fight and you win, but the encounter happens in another floor/area, you will still get mostly garbage.

each area has a set of rare hunt drops, for Jacksons, its transparagus. for Crowleys, its Slowmungus. and for Gunkayama's, its Fun Fungus. the only way to have a good chance of getting these rare shrooms from hunts, is to fight the target in the original floor they were in the moment you sent the hunter AND win the fight.

this is all theoretical, and based on my experience. i sent tons of hunts and only just now got 1 transparagus from an expedition i sent to Nokejiri F11 where my fighter won.

i need pictures of uncle death

too bad we seem to have zero drawfags in these threads

has anyone figured out how the Pitchball machine rage move works? i cant seem to find any use for it whatsoever.

wow im glad to finally get this out of my lis-

WHO DESIGNED THIS FUCKING SHIT

Jews.

Man. I can't believe they seriously challenged us to buy 20 Premium Decals within a 48-hour period. That's a million Kill Coins, not counting all the equipment supplies.
Well, thanks to my gold TDM medal, I was able to do it, but it was quite a grind. My stomach was begging for mercy, and I looked down and whispered "No."
The promised reward is a Tank Premium Decal. I hope they keep their promise and deliver, but I guess we won't know until the end of the month. Funny thing is I already happened to get this very decal amid all that shopping, but hey, I'd love to have a second one

As for the limited-time shop decals (Famitsu, etc.), they say they'll be gone on the 24th. Just a heads-up in case you're a completionist. They don't have a lot of practical use, though.

I don't know about the Transparungi, but I just recently got a few Slowmungi and Fun Fungi from expeditions, and my guys most certainly didn't win any of those encounters.
My theory is that Hunters get a copy of every piece of loot that appears near them during the hunt.

yeah, those shill decals suck, but hey gotta fill up that book.

also i already have 3 premium tanks.

wroomy is now vroomy

Let's share some TDM tips. I'll start with some basics:

Irons are extremely useful even in their weakest form, and can be farmed on the lowest floor(s) to save money. Their special guard makes parrying melee attacks child's play, and their Rage move stuns an enemy long enough for a suplex or a charge attack.

If you're a katana user, your L2 slice can usually counter a saber enemy right after the saber's second thrust.

Getting poisoned is a death sentence for the AI, so some players have started putting Poison Eater on their defense. You can view an enemy's decals by locking on to him/her.

Recognizing armor types can help you drop an enemy faster so you don't get outnumbered.

If you're right at the train door when the timer hits 0:00, your capture still counts if you press the button fast enough. Same goes for final kills.