Switch gets announced

So who caved and bought one and how do you rationalise the long list of problems?

I'll never understand people who buy consoles at launch.
I'm also shocked how little I've heard about the Switch, is it not popular?

I'm kinda looking forward to getting one second hand for very cheap. I expect them to start coming into my shop in about two or three months.

The thing with Nintendo consoles, at least the newer ones, is that you're better off waiting for the improved model Nintendo's gonna shit out, and even then there better be more than just a handful of good games to justify the purchase.

t. sonygger

>>>/cuckchan/

bump

Someone post that "Never buy a console at launch" song.

Unless you're 8 years old or have a child of that age (Fat chance on Holla Forums) you don't need a Nintendo console.

Rule seven, user

Save your money to be honest

I was going to buy a laptop for $400 with money I got as a bonus from work, had issues ordering online, and ended up having to wait a week to get my CC deauthorized. You'll be happier with the windfall saved up.

If you want a great portable console, consider the cost-conscious alternative:

(Hell, the phone shouldn't even count as an extra expense, these days everyone has one anyway.)

I'm so glad I couldn't find one before all of these issues started being reported. Came to my senses after that and realized there's absolutely no reason to bother until the end of the year at the absolute earliest.

that shit looks uncomfortable man

That shit looks tiny.
But since there are larger once it's still legit.
Heck you can even play PSP games at higher resolutions than actual psp.

wow this gif just… blows my mind, i mean how bad do you want the little block to join the square, right? and then BAM, fuck you on the screen with confetti, it's almost as if the universe itself is talking to me, being cryptic as fuck while celebrating my failures, so deep!

bump

Everyone has a means to play old games, the only reason anyone buys a console is to play new games. You can argue the switch has no games worth playing, and you would be right. There's so many reasons not to buy a switch, but emulating 20+ year old games on a phone is not one of them

There's a cyclical thread nigger
Use it

There are many different models. I have an iPega 9023, it can take a 10" tablet and that's really impressive. Even my rich little cousin who has a Vita (shit's expensive here in Huezil) was drooling when he saw it.

something tells me the buttons and sticks are incredibly low quality. I can only imagine how bad latency is with it.

It's bluetooth, bluetooth controllers have existed since forever so I doubt they can fuck em up. A friend had one, and the latency on his was low.

there is the android API layer, driver overhead, display latency. The android OS already has some of the most overhead of any modern operating system, emulation is really undesirable on the device.

only impatient children do that

Maybe, I don't have one so I can't comment.

Or you can get JXD s7800b or similar console for emulation needs.

I do have one, and I can't recommend it. The left stick just died out of nowhere, and I don't know anyone here who can fix it. JXD seems to have a reputation for bad build quality. With a tablet and a separate controller, it's much easier to fix things, by simply getting another controller.

i certainly want to want a switch. but i dont and it bums me out.
but hey buddy we have a cyclical switch thread up.

What the hell is there to talk about other than BOTW, which most people here are playing via CEMU anyway?

Don't forget to donate to their patreon, goymer, I mean, gamer

>People are still fucking buying consoles at release

If people didn't buy consoles at release then nobody would even bother to make consoles, fucktard.

it's the end of capitalism I tell ya!