Final Fantasy 6 Remake

technobuffalo.com/2017/02/01/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-talks-about-the-games-progress/

Will the FFVI remake happen in your lifetime Holla Forums? What platform should it eventually be on?

I'd sooner a FF9 remake or a FF5 remake, FF6 never really hooked me.

Also I kinda shudder to think of what it'd look like Amano-ized like the Dissidia render there. I'm not a fan of the Amano art designs for a lot of characters.

While I understand that some aren't fans of Amano's style, i personally don't think any FF6 remake where the design doesn't channel Amano's art just wouldn't work. Amano has done a lot of designs for Square over the years, but 6 definitely feels more like it is in the spirit of Amano's artwork than any other FF. Like, I wasn't too bummed that FF7's remake went more with Nomura's style because it seems to fit the characters and setting better. But is very difficult for me to imagine FF6 not being very Amano-ized.

But if they went with a more Amano-ish feel to the design of a remake, I'd prefer something that gives a more two dimensional feel to it.

I don't want modern square enix to make any more games, let alone touch on of square's best snes.

I should have read your post before posting, but here's how I would respond to you:

You want mobile shit, we'll give you mobile shit ~Squeenix [CURRENT YEAR] + 2

Who gives a fuck
BNW works fine.

And I bet it'll be the same lazy Kingdom Hearts gameplay nonsense that XV was. World of Final Fantasy is probably the last thing SE will ever make on their own that resembles a classic JRPG. Good thing it's a damn good game.

What about Octopath Traveler?

No clue what that even is, fam.

They haven't even released the 7 remake yet…
I'd love to see them do it, though. If it's shit, we'll still always have the original VI to return to. And it'd be really cool seeing all of it in 3D, for better or for worse.

Bravely Default meets FF6 basically

What a shame.

The thing is they've remade all the Final Fantasies before V & VI, even Nomura was like "why did we skip those two?"

I could see them giving VI a more low end remake relative to the big budget VII remake. Which is fine by me as long as they take it seriously and don't give everybody big heads and tiny bodies. I'd be fine with a cel-shaded remake on the Switch.

I want to get off the remake ride. Please. Snes version is all you need.

Just dropping in to say you have shit taste.

Get some bleach.

Sounds good.

big heads and tiny bodies doesn't look that good in 3D unless it fits the style of the game. FF6 would benefit from a more realistic design that more fully captured the somber and cold tone of many parts of the story.

It looks kinda cool, but too bad it's on the switch. I hope squeenix stops making games. They're fucking terrible.

I'm just going to stick to the snes version. I don't even hate the art style of this thing. But I really don't play remakes unless they add a ton of fucking content. Its not like my backlog isn't big enough.

What the fuck is wrong with you

Can they remake it without it looking gay though?

The iOS version isn't even a remake.

Agreed, they need to stick to publishing.

6 is overrated. You're on rails with one valid strategy till clearing the magitek research facility.

if it takes you any brain power whatsoever to figure out any strategy in a final fantasy game you are literally subhuman. jrpgs are for the plot and experience, not gameplay.

The combos in 8 are too varied to figure out on a quick run. And so are the enemy vulnerabilities.

Put it on the GameCube

SquareEnix (((fans))) will defend this.

clear FF5 with a combo like Thief Berserker Beastmaster Dragoon and see if you still think that

Feels kind of pointless, honestly, but I wouldn't be opposed to a remake. I hope they don't try to put the game into 3D with some shitty real time combat system, though.

Who cares ff12 remake is in my life time so fuck everything else

I rather have Amano's Style over Nomura's 99999 belt and zippers and emo edgelords with fujoshi bait.

how do you do the magic path in the fork tower or do you just skip that

Let's hope they never make it. It will be shit. And they won't preserve the Amano art style or aesthetic, they'll try to make all the characters look like real people (which to be fair would be less retarded for VI than it is for VII)

you could skip that, or get lucky with reflected Mage Masher procs before Omniscient uses Haste. Then you could strike quickly with something like Ironback release.
Or you simply put on reflect rings and wait a couple hours.

Fuck turnbased gameplay.

Square enix is going to remake ff13

There are monsters roaming the islands ring dropping a scythe, which happen to be an axe gamewise, dealing instant death. Should work on Omniscient (also works on other bosses like the cannon guarding the flying fortress)

fuck action gameplay

I wish they continued making their remakes for the DS back in its heyday. Nowadays, I don't even trust them what they're going to do now.

Good thing that ff6 isn't turn based but rather timer based

Omniscient is heavy type, it doesn't work

Ah well, been years…

The game on the left was designed for kids user

At least that robot is cute

final fantasy is dead

But they already made a ff6 remake

Square-Enix is the Hollywood of japanese developers.

I'd sooner you die

No.

Nu-Cloud has the personality of cardboard so it's only fitting he'd have chemistry with girls that have their own cardboard personalities

How is Cloud any more bland in other iterations from the way he is in 7. If anything, Cloud is the most shallow in his own game.

Cloud was bland as all hell in FF7 but being given Vincent Valentine's personality made him even blander.

Except they're rendered irrelevant by the OP nature of the Limit Breaks +Aura and summons like Eden, Cactuar, and Diablos.

I'm not a SquareEnix fan, most of the games post 2003 are garbage. In fact FF hasn't been really good in over 20 years. But I'm not going to lie, Dragon Quest Builders, FFXV and World of FF where fun games which makes me hopeful for the future.

Don't ever fuck with the monkey's paw

I Am Setsuna also showed that Square is willing to consider a return to more traditional RPG formulas.

The thing with the FF7 remake is that FF7 was probably the biggest hit in the franchise and it was hailed for its revolutionary graphics (at the time). So naturally, it's fitting that the FF7 remake is going to be on a Sony console and is going to follow the vein of FF15 and other recent Final Fantasies on the Sony platform. It's a big budget production.

I think if they remade FF6, they would feel more comfortable just doing a less expensive remake on the Switch or 3DS that has a more classic feel. I don't think anyone at Square is at all interested in remaking FF6 in the same manner as FF7 but rather more interested in remaking in the way that other older FF's were remade, but FF6's story definitely would require more budget put into it than its predecessors.

When I was like 12 around the year 2000 my computer tore up. And computers were expensive back then. It's not like you could order an old laptop off Ebay for $100 back then. Now you can get laptops for cheap that'll play games from the mid 2000s and even new games that aren't demanding. Shit, you can probably find laptops for $20 that will get you basic internet access at least. When your computer tore up back then it really sucked because that was your one and only access to the internet. The cheapest computers you could get back then were like $1,000 and that's bottom of the barrel. And when your only computer tore up back then and it could be fixed you're on your own. It's not like you can just search the internet for your problem. I learned to fix computers without help from anything.

Now, I have smartphones and a tablet and an extra desktop and laptops. I don't even know what it's like living on the edge like that anymore when something goes wrong with your one and only computer and it's like fuck, fuck, fuck. It really sucked being without a computer.

Anyway, during that time my computer was tore up I spent a lot of time playing old SNES games. I beat FF6. That's the only FF game I've ever beat. The other ones I never had the patience to finish them. I'd always play up until the end before the final boss battle and try to collect everything in the game and eventually lose interest.

so tired of the cult retardation around FF6, it sucked shit.

It's kinda the same for me. I've beaten a few Final Fantasies or gotten close to the end, but FF6 is the only one I can really replay several times and have fun doing so.

I didn't beat FF6 because I had more fun with it than the other FF games. I just didn't have anything else to do. The electronic stuff I could do was either play SNES or watch TV and TV was shit. So I played SNES.

FFIX is my favourite FF game even though I never beat it. The artwork of FFIX made it really comfy. FFIX was the last gasp of 2D graphics in AAA titles. I've always preferred good 2D graphics to shitty 3D graphics.

I fucking love the map names in this for some reason.

"Why is it called Twin Falls?" "Because there's two waterfalls."

"Why is it called the Lake of the Ghost Knight?" "Because it's haunted by the ghost of a knight."

"Why is it called Griffin Hill?" "Take a fucking guess."

lmao

Only if they went back and finished this.

How does this game play? I generally hate chibi but this is oddly adorable and the familiarity helps. Although I really should force myself to play the XIII trilogy first. Only games in the franchise I haven't played outside XV

Obviously they're not going to make the decision until FF7 remake is done and the cow's cash flow starts to decrease rapidly.

Well, I guess it would okay for them to do it if the FF7 remake isn't trash.

FF7's remake will sell regardless of its quality just because of the FF7 franchise name alone. And it seems like a lot of people at Square are itching for an 6 remake given the amount of six stuff that is being inserted into games like 14 and 15

I'd like to see a smaller-scale, faithful remake similar to what they did to III and IV on the 3DS, which also means it should be on handheld (Switch) or be a downloadable game. They should remake V the same way.

Butchered port, not a remake Square would like to count that as the "remake" to save a buck though.

I know that it's shocking but people do have different opinions from your own and yours are not better just because you say so.

The feeling I get right now is that some of the staff at Square want to hurry up and finish the FF7 remake so they can get started on 6.

I'd like the same deal, and I feel like it'd be a great excuse to try a unique design approach. Make the whole thing look and move like it's a painting.

God no the gba remake was good enough and half of the music was shit

Any small team could make a remake for PC.

There's a patch to recover the music and keep the voiced opera

Well then the gba remake is perfect. If I want 3d terra I'd download disidia and beat some homo ff boys, theres no reason to fix what isnt broken

Other than making money of course

Just play the original you fucking millenials.

How about just let the fans do their own remake like they've been trying to do for the last 23 years, and quit C&Ding them over nothing? There's been work by fans of FF that is better than the shit that the people who work for Square-Enix does, and the only reason it never culminated in a 3D remake of FF6 was because they received a shitty little letter.

I think the GBA version's translation is kinda meh.

8 would benefit more from a remake than 6 or 7.

THAT

FUCKING

HAND

i suffer

FFT wouldn't be as great in 3D. Though I would like a more fully voiced version with Phil Lamar coming back as Ramza.

???

!!!

I agree, also can we please get a proper Final Fantasy XII with the original plot?

What was the origonal plot

Basch was going to be the primary protagonist, and it seemed to have a more focused narrative.

What, cel-shaded graphics like Ni No Kuni?

That sounds fugging brilliant actually.

There's still hope in SE yet Especially with Akihiko Yoshida still about drawing glorious thighs everywhere.
In a perfect world Yoshida would become the head character designer, and Nomura would get kicked out
And FFV and FFVI would get remakes in the Bravely Default style

Yeah, the best I can think of would be something cel-shaded, but more like what said

Akihiko Yoshida and Naoki Yoshida - Square Enix, being saved one Yoshi at a time.